PDA

View Full Version : Is Skyrim the greatest game of all time?

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
After spending the last hour reading and watching countless reviews and talking to friends who have it/played it... I honestly think it may strip Mass Effect from me as my favorite game of all time. Do you guys think this game can be a GOAT video game contender?

macmac
11-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't know if it will dethrone Baldur's Gate 2 or FFVI and Chrono Trigger....but i think it definitely has a chance to be one of those chosen few...the scope, the graphics, the versatility....unreal

I think this game is definitely revolutionary, and will propel us into a new golden era of video games, 2011 was a sneak peak of whats to come

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't know if it will dethrone Baldur's Gate 2 or FFVI and Chrono Trigger....but i think it definitely has a chance to be one of those chosen few...the scope, the graphics, the versatility....unreal

I think this game is definitely revolutionary, and will propel us into a new golden era of video games, 2011 was a sneak peak of whats to come

Well said. I honestly don't want the next gen to come. This gen was so epic.

rhythmic
11-10-2011, 03:38 PM

2011 was kind of disappointing, in retrospect. I mean, I hope Skyrim lives up to the hype because so far only Arkham City truly delivered a masterpiece. MW 3 was same old, Uncharted 3 has its problems. I am sure Zelda will impress as always and AC is still to come in December.

I will not buy Skyrim as I do not like RPG games; but I hope for people that do prefer role playing games, that it is a true monument.

Flagrant 2
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Well.... in a couple of the reviews they basically say.... it doesn't matter if you like RPG's. They weren't RPG fan either but it's absolutely MUST PLAY. Once you start hearing feedback from me and the guys here maybe you can at least rent/borrow it?

The thing is every bethesda produced RPG I've played or owned, I couldn't find myself enticed on finishing it. I have to be engaged in the plot for me to commit 100+ hours of game-play. I don't have the time to commit a week on a video game and if I play a game of this nature; I get bored fast because I only play games sporadically. It took me months to finish Mass Effect 2, but it was an engaging game for me. So it will depend a lot of what Skyrim is about; I honestly haven't even read a single preview/review of this game yet.

But if it's about upgrading, interaction, exploration & fighting giant creatures like the previous Bethesda games, I will probably pass as I know I will just be wasting my money.

But of course, if this game will somehow be rated as the greatest game ever made, I will have the urge to at least rent it. Reviews are one of the most important marketing schemes for gaming companies, so it will obviously influence my decision on whether or not to buy this game.

By the way, what are those tiny boxes represent below our usernames? One day it's green and the other day it's red...

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

MichaelCheazley
11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I really liked oblivion. So I guess I will enjoy this. But I must say the game is not for everyone. Traveling can be a bitch without a horse but once you explore enough fast travel is awesome. Killing stuff in mountains/caves/fortresses is fun. I just hope theres more variety in the monsters. Like way more. The arena was also fun in oblivion but apparently its gone. But as i said youll like it if you like free roaming games, the nordic era, and be willing to learn how things play before rage quitting cause something keeps killing you at early stages.

GOBB
11-10-2011, 04:36 PM
After spending the last hour reading and watching countless reviews and talking to friends who have it/played it... I honestly think it may strip Mass Effect from me as my favorite game of all time. Do you guys think this game can be a GOAT video game contender?

You went from NBA2k12, Batman now to Skyrim for greatest games of all time.

KeylessEntry
11-10-2011, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

bdreason
11-10-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm skeptical of the combat in Skyrim. The melee combat in other Elder Scrolls game was sloppy at best, and from what I've heard, Skyrim suffers from clunky melee combat as well. I also can't stand the 1st person perspective. If Skyrim does a good job with their 3rd person perspective, and the melee combat isn't clunky, I'll probably give it a shot.

rhythmic
11-10-2011, 04:45 PM
You forget about BF3?

I personally wasn't impressed, I have both BF3 & MW3 and I prefer MW3. I am not a hardcore online player so I have little use for BF3, and I didn't enjoy its campaign mode at all. MW had a relatively short campaign yet again, but I thought the presentation and story was a richer then its counterpart (BF3).

I don't think BF3 has a chance in hell to win GOTY; especially when Skyrim and Zelda are still to come, and Revelations.

Uncharted 3, as disappointing as it was is still a much better game then BattleField3. It's probably the worst of the pack, to me. Batman has to be the front-runner right now, unless Naughty Dog will be releasing patches as they've stated they would.

If they can fix the aiming issues, hit-detection, reward content, motion blur and AI; then I honestly will have a tough time deciding which game is better between U3 & Batman. Those issues place U3 in the backseat at the moment, but the graphics, sound, presentation, detail, set-pieces; Uncharted 3 will pretty much beat any game out there right now including Arkham City.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 05:19 PM
You went from NBA2k12, Batman now to Skyrim for greatest games of all time.

Not true. Don't make sh** up :no: . NBA 2k12= best basketball game of all time. Batman= likely GOTY winner and Skyrim= probable to become my favorite game of all time and is being hailed by some as the GOAT or at least GOAT worthy. These things don't conflict :cheers: .

Maniak
11-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Why make a thread like this when the game isn't even out yet?

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Cause I'm fu**ing awesome K??? I'm putting my neck on the line before the game even comes out. You should respect me more because of that!

sosolid4u09
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
obviously a matter of preference. its a magnificent game no doubt. But personally i have it below;

Final Fantasy 6,7,8,9,10
Uncharted 2,3
MGS 1,2,3,PW

crosso√er
11-10-2011, 10:38 PM
obviously a matter of preference. its a magnificent game no doubt. But personally i have it below;

Final Fantasy 6,7,8,9,10
Uncharted 2,3
MGS 1,2,3,PW

Add GTA, Zelda and ME2.
I seen the trailer, the character animations look horrible. :oldlol:

G-train
11-10-2011, 10:43 PM

When something isn't out in the USA, that doesn't mean its not out yet.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2011, 11:01 PM
When something isn't out in the USA, that doesn't mean its not out yet.

You son of a........ I hate you right now :( .

hoopaddict08
11-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Zelda Ocarina of Time
GTA: Vice City
Mario Cart :)

Will always be some of my all-time favorites

sosolid4u09
11-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Add GTA, Zelda and ME2.
oh man i forgot about Mass Effect 1 and 2!

GTA 4 and Chinatown Wars are the two best GTA's imo and both are ATG games

G-train
11-10-2011, 11:37 PM
You son of a........ I hate you right now :( .

I'm not into it, but my mates have been playing for basically 2 days.

pauk
11-11-2011, 12:01 AM
just played about 1-2 hours (30-60 minutes just to create how my character is gona look like lol)................

and... this is looking like it might be my favorite game of all time...

at least when speaking of Single-Player...

but Mass Effect 3 might change my mind...

Clippersfan86
11-11-2011, 02:14 AM
just played about 1-2 hours (30-60 minutes just to create how my character is gona look like lol)................

and... this is looking like it might be my favorite game of all time...

at least when speaking of Single-Player...

but Mass Effect 3 might change my mind...

Mass Effect is my favorite series of all time. I agree that Skyrim may become my fav then ME3 will take over that spot (I haven't gotten to play Skyrim, picking up at 10 AM tomorrow).

donald_trump
11-11-2011, 03:12 AM
reviews are suggesting otherwise. and my 3-4 hours with it i wasnt that impressed.
not to mention, how are you labeling it so without even playing it?
i played demons souls, and just recently dark souls, both similar to the type of game skyrim is, and its just incredible how much better combat is in both these games compared to skyrim.

with a game like this, core mechanics is vital, because after a certain amount of hours, you've essentially experienced everything, though you are doing it for the story. the problem with this game is, it has a lot of options as far as that goes, but it doesnt do some simply things that well like close combat.

thats why the new batman and uncharted skeet all over this game imo. particularly comparing it to batman. it has solid core gameplay and is a open world game as well.

macmac
11-11-2011, 03:46 AM
What reviews are u talkin about? There's not one review that gave it under 9 online...and this game is absolutely nothing like dark souls, so you're pretty misinformed on all counts there buddy

KeylessEntry
11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
reviews are suggesting otherwise. and my 3-4 hours with it i wasnt that impressed.
not to mention, how are you labeling it so without even playing it?
i played demons souls, and just recently dark souls, both similar to the type of game skyrim is, and its just incredible how much better combat is in both these games compared to skyrim.

with a game like this, core mechanics is vital, because after a certain amount of hours, you've essentially experienced everything, though you are doing it for the story. the problem with this game is, it has a lot of options as far as that goes, but it doesnt do some simply things that well like close combat.

thats why the new batman and uncharted skeet all over this game imo. particularly comparing it to batman. it has solid core gameplay and is a open world game as well.

lol wtf are you smoking? Demons souls and Dark souls are nothing like skyrim. The souls games are action adventure game with a few RPG elements and Skyrim is a full blown open world RPG. Batman and Uncharted are also adventure games. Uncharted is incredibly linear and Batman is not even close to the same level of "open world" as seen in this game.

Disagree about the importance of core fighting mechanics too. I played the crap out of oblivion and the fight mechanics were absolute garbage in that game.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Ill be getting it on saturday from gamefly. if im not posting from here on out and i lose my job by not showing up, than yeah. but i doubt it.

glidedrxlr22
11-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Ill be getting it on saturday from gamefly. if im not posting from here on out and i lose my job by not showing up, than yeah. but i doubt it.

Well there goes your Dark Souls playing.....:no:

donald_trump
11-11-2011, 08:50 PM
lol wtf are you smoking? Demons souls and Dark souls are nothing like skyrim. The souls games are action adventure game with a few RPG elements and Skyrim is a full blown open world RPG. Batman and Uncharted are also adventure games. Uncharted is incredibly linear and Batman is not even close to the same level of "open world" as seen in this game.

Disagree about the importance of core fighting mechanics too. I played the crap out of oblivion and the fight mechanics were absolute garbage in that game.

i never mentioned that batman and uncharted were the same type of thing, i said they were better. batman is an open world game, and it does it better than skyrim.

yes, demons souls and dark souls aren't open world games though when it comes to core mechanics and combat they are extremely similar, apart from one thing. the gameplay in demons/dark souls is far better.

won't bother to touch on the subject any further seeing as some of you are going to die protecting a game you haven't played yet.

donald_trump
11-11-2011, 08:52 PM
What reviews are u talkin about? There's not one review that gave it under 9 online...and this game is absolutely nothing like dark souls, so you're pretty misinformed on all counts there buddy

not really.

the two biggest online review sites in ign and gamespot rated it the same as dark souls, with one rating it worse than dark souls. as well as rating uncharted better, and batman better.

i dont think it has a shot for game of the year.

JaskoX1
11-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Add GTA, Zelda and ME2.
Mass Effect 2 LOL

donald_trump
11-11-2011, 09:12 PM
and lol the person who negged me over a video game.

not to mention one you haven't played yet.

let that sink in. your feelings got hurt over a video game. one you haven't played. you're defending an inanimate object.

rhythmic
11-11-2011, 10:05 PM
and lol the person who negged me over a video game.

not to mention one you haven't played yet.

let that sink in. your feelings got hurt over a video game. one you haven't played. you're defending an inanimate object.

I received some nasty comments from anonymous people myself, over what exactly? Was I rude in any way? If so I apologize. I was just having a discussion with people and apparently if you prefer a particular game over their favorite games, they can't handle it.

I received so much negative feedback for this. Even after the fact I was honest with everyone and said I thought Batman was a better game then Uncharted 3, after finishing both games for myself. I have no problem with admitting that a particular game is better then my favorite trilogy. I think some people would never admit that, the maturity level from some posters on here is pretty low.

I agree, I like Dark Souls way more then Skyrim. I just played it for a couple of hours today at my buddies house, since he pre-ordered it. I didn't enjoy it at all to be honest, I really really tried to like it though.

The environment is absolutely stunning, and it is extremely vast. However, I had a big issue with the game-play and its character design. This looks like a damn PS2 game in regards to character design. I seen a lot of lagging going on as my friend was showing me the environment. I can see why so many people enjoy these type of games because the amount of content in this game made me a little dizzy. It's definitely a game you invest a lot of time in, but like I've stated already; RPG's don't suit my personal preference.

I will definitely not be getting this game; fighting dragons, collecting spells and interacting with non-playable characters isn't something I value in a game.

I guess I'll be receiving more negative feedback for expressing my honest opinion. :oldlol:

By the way, this game is obviously a masterpiece by the reception it is getting. Maybe I'm being too closed minded. Too many people enjoy role-playing games and all the critics (and gamers) have nothing but positive things to say about Skyrim.

Hope you guys enjoy it immensely.
By the way, I am looking forward to Hitman: Absolution, that game looks phenomenal. Also, I am anticipating Max Payne 3 as it is one of my all-time favorite trilogies. The lack of hype about this game kind of makes me worried, but hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Not sure I like what they did to Max's appearance (being bald headed now) and choosing Brazil as their destination. Uhm, we'll see I guess.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Well there goes your Dark Souls playing.....:no:
No, it wont sway me from dark souls. i wont be playing skyrim that long because everything will take a backseat once skyward is released. If it makes you feel better i will at least finish dark souls before skyrim.

Fiasco
11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Yes.

KeylessEntry
11-14-2011, 12:16 AM
I dont know about greatest game of all time since that has to be ranked contextually for the time that the game actually came out. I would say goldeneye or ff7 or a few others are my greatest games of all time but with about 15 hours played so far Skyrim is my game of the year by a landslide. The amount of content and detail in this game is just staggering, the graphics and sound are amazing, aside from bugs and glitches its the best RPG I have played in a while.

Clippersfan86
11-14-2011, 01:07 AM
I dont know about greatest game of all time since that has to be ranked contextually for the time that the game actually came out. I would say goldeneye or ff7 or a few others are my greatest games of all time but with about 15 hours played so far Skyrim is my game of the year by a landslide. The amount of content and detail in this game is just staggering, the graphics and sound are amazing, aside from bugs and glitches its the best RPG I have played in a while.

Same. Didn't quite surpass Mass Effect 1&2 as my fav games ever but it's right there with them and Dragon Age: Origins.

KeylessEntry
11-14-2011, 01:14 AM
Same. Didn't quite surpass Mass Effect 1&2 as my fav games ever but it's right there with them and Dragon Age: Origins.

GTA San Andreas and GTA 4 are another 2 that are among my all time favorites. I still think GTA 5 is a figment of my imagination from heaven and i will awake from this dream and it wont exist.

Skyrim is just insane though. The amount of content really is just absurd.

Fiasco
11-14-2011, 01:24 AM

:facepalm

Clippersfan86
11-14-2011, 01:37 AM
:facepalm

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-2

I know you're not a fan of the direction of Bioware but both Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins are RPG classics at least when it comes to modern WRPG's. Both incredibly epic and high quality games. Dragon Age Origins is still like 17 bucks used at Gamestop after nearly 3 years to give you an idea of the demand people have for it.

Miserio
11-14-2011, 01:40 AM
http://l.yimg.com/jh/content/p/1/876317/final-fantasy-vi-advance-20070215044816259_screen001.jpg

goat game

LebronairJAMES
11-14-2011, 01:46 AM
for me its the greatest game ever
im only in about 3 hours and its really starting to get good wont be playing nothing else until witcher 2 comes out
my top 5 games
skyrim
oblivion
dragon age origins
darks souls
dragon age 2
dont hate i just really like playing only rpg games :cheers:

KeylessEntry
11-14-2011, 01:50 AM
http://l.yimg.com/jh/content/p/1/876317/final-fantasy-vi-advance-20070215044816259_screen001.jpg

goat game

Hell yes this game was amazing as well, definitely one of my goats. I probably could still do all sabins blitzes if someone handed me a controller right now. I gotta add fallout 3 to my list also, it does lack in a lot of ways but I love it too much.

Sakkreth
11-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Sorry i came here to win this thread.
Starcaft is goat and it's not close, no other game could even get half size of crowds starcraft is getting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5UkQYyuKfA&feature=related

talkingconch
11-14-2011, 05:36 AM
theres alotta games that qualify for GOAT lol

Zelda Ocarina of Time anyone?
Mass Effect series
Super Mario
GTA

and i guess theres a good group of pre-n64 titles too that I'm not aware of

Andrei89
11-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Goat Games?

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare: this must have been one of the greatest improvement in online fps of all time. The online depth, the challenges, guns, perks, killstreaks, weapon attachements = mind blowing. I think you people are forgetting how great that game was when it came out and what the reason is for the good sales of Mw2 and Mw3

Grand Theft Auto 3: need more to say? crazy, crazy game

Micku
08-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Skyrim is one of the best games that I ever played. The world that they created is the best of the TES series because it feels alive. But they still should've hired some of the writers that did Fallout NV to do the companions better and make the factions and your decisions have more of an impact of the world like Fallout NV.

IMO, Skyrim literally just missed a couple of features that Bethesda and Obsidian (New Vegas) did before that would've made this game a better contender for GOAT.

If you got the PC version, there are bunch of mods that you can get that makes the game better.

Goat Games?

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare: this must have been one of the greatest improvement in online fps of all time. The online depth, the challenges, guns, perks, killstreaks, weapon attachements = mind blowing. I think you people are forgetting how great that game was when it came out and what the reason is for the good sales of Mw2 and Mw3

Grand Theft Auto 3: need more to say? crazy, crazy game

I found GTA: SA to be the best of the GTA series. It had the most features in any GTA series, and the largest map.

fpliii
08-05-2012, 07:50 PM
DQ5, DQ6, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger >>>>>>>

clipse026
08-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Skyrim is a pretty lifeless, boring game imo and I've played it for about 20 hours on PC. Still can't really enjoy myself. There are much better choices for GOAT and none of them have been released on this generation of consoles/PC.

macmac
08-05-2012, 11:18 PM
DQ5, DQ6, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger >>>>>>>

You forgot DQ8, FF7, Legend of Dragoon, Earthbound

Heavincent
08-06-2012, 12:04 AM
No. The exploration and world is great, but the combat feels kind of clunky and the story/characters pretty much suck.

Mach_3
08-07-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm level 73 right now in Skyrim and hell to the no it's not the greatest game of all time. Then again i don't think anything is surpassing Socom II or Ocarina of Time

Thorpesaurous
08-07-2012, 11:56 AM
No. The exploration and world is great, but the combat feels kind of clunky and the story/characters pretty much suck.

This is pretty much exactly what I think too.

I played it pretty non stop for that first month or so. Took a little to get into it. The time required to create the character, and first start getting around, is tough. But after that exploring the world was really fascinating.

I've always been into leveling up, so that was enjoyable for a while, but even that got to a point where I was a little disappointed to find out I wouldn't be able to max out all the perks without cheating.

And in addition to the combat being clunky, and I play in 3rd person, it was the repetition of the quests that was most exhuasting to me. There just wasn't much payout. I remember stopping after I was at the mage college, and the librarian asking me to get books for him. I'd run off and get the book, come back, he'd give me 20 bucks, then send me out for another one. Now I know I can stop whenever I like, but the completionist in me was driven crazy, and it became beyond tedious.
From what I've heard from my cousin, who I played with at the same time, and we went through the same sort of life cycle, Fallout did a lot of this stuff better. The life cycle for both of us was "this was a huge pain in the ass getting started, I'm not even sure I want to continue ... did you find this, no, I found that though, where's that, do you have the boots that let you carry extra weight, where's you find them, which way are you heading now, did you do this mission ... to finally, how many goddamned caves are in this stupid place?!?"

I never finished it. And in fact, my sense of completionism led me to do a far greater percentage of side missions than story missions, and I'm probably not even that close to completion, although I could probably run through it pretty easy because of all the upgrades I have at this point in the game.

Bucket_Nakedz
08-08-2012, 09:20 AM

I played it pretty non stop for that first month or so. Took a little to get into it. The time required to create the character, and first start getting around, is tough. But after that exploring the world was really fascinating.

I've always been into leveling up, so that was enjoyable for a while, but even that got to a point where I was a little disappointed to find out I wouldn't be able to max out all the perks without cheating.

And in addition to the combat being clunky, and I play in 3rd person, it was the repetition of the quests that was most exhuasting to me. There just wasn't much payout. I remember stopping after I was at the mage college, and the librarian asking me to get books for him. I'd run off and get the book, come back, he'd give me 20 bucks, then send me out for another one. Now I know I can stop whenever I like, but the completionist in me was driven crazy, and it became beyond tedious.
From what I've heard from my cousin, who I played with at the same time, and we went through the same sort of life cycle, Fallout did a lot of this stuff better. The life cycle for both of us was "this was a huge pain in the ass getting started, I'm not even sure I want to continue ... did you find this, no, I found that though, where's that, do you have the boots that let you carry extra weight, where's you find them, which way are you heading now, did you do this mission ... to finally, how many goddamned caves are in this stupid place?!?"

I never finished it. And in fact, my sense of completionism led me to do a far greater percentage of side missions than story missions, and I'm probably not even that close to completion, although I could probably run through it pretty easy because of all the upgrades I have at this point in the game.
wow. now i don't even feel like playing it anymore. so far im a level 21 and the missions have been hella boring and repetitive. so many fetch quests, and the dungeons are becoming such an annoyance. i really love smithing, alchemy an enchanting parts of the game, but the combat really leaves a lot to be desired.

the story and plot seems pretty solid, but the characters are so bland. i think the only thing i really enjoyed was fighting a dragon priest when i was a level 10 lol. it took me forever to kill that asshole, but my persistence paid off.

Thorpesaurous
08-09-2012, 09:56 AM
wow. now i don't even feel like playing it anymore. so far im a level 21 and the missions have been hella boring and repetitive. so many fetch quests, and the dungeons are becoming such an annoyance. i really love smithing, alchemy an enchanting parts of the game, but the combat really leaves a lot to be desired.

the story and plot seems pretty solid, but the characters are so bland. i think the only thing i really enjoyed was fighting a dragon priest when i was a level 10 lol. it took me forever to kill that asshole, but my persistence paid off.

Smithing, Alchemy, and Enchanting are the three things I perked all the way up too and got best at.
I got to a point where I was just enchanting everything and anything with whatever I had just so I could upgrade my enchanting. Go sell it all off. Buy a bunch of empty crystals, go on a quest, collect as much shit as I can carry, repeat the enchanting/selling/buying crystals ... and out again.

MrFonzworth
03-13-2020, 05:41 AM
Bump. Yes.

tpols
04-06-2020, 02:23 PM
Skyrim is a pretty lifeless, boring game imo and I've played it for about 20 hours on PC. Still can't really enjoy myself. There are much better choices for GOAT and none of them have been released on this generation of consoles/PC.

20 hours in that game is absolutely nothing.

games like ocarina of time may be GOAT relative to their time, but really... the graphics and gameplay dont even come close to skyrim. video games have advanced so much, its just not a comparison. and i played all the original n64 games as a kid a ton.

tpols
04-06-2020, 02:30 PM

the side missions and deadric quests were the best part of the game.

i also thought the gameplay was pretty smooth. game wasnt meant for 3rd person even though they allow it. the animations they added for sneak kills were sick.

fsvr54
04-07-2020, 05:26 PM
Not even the best game of 2011. Dark Souls smokes this game.

Gougou
04-08-2020, 12:25 AM
Greatest game of all time is League of Legends.

Manny98
04-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Witcher 3

JohnnySic
04-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Rdr2

Celtics 1825
04-10-2020, 04:29 AM
Witcher 3
Cosigned :cheers:

Stephonit
04-10-2020, 03:50 PM
The amount of stuff to find and do in the game was almost overwhelming. In the end though its story and characterization left a good deal to be desired like all the Elder Scroll games. At least one end-of-the-year review at the time wondered that maybe despite all the lavish praised it received Skyrim wasn't the best RPG game of the year. It suggested maybe The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings might deserve the honor. I found that unlikely at the time but after playing Assassin of Kings I saw the reasoning. Ultimately I'd say Skyrim was still better than The Witcher 2 but only just and it falls short of my favorite games.

I see the Mass Effect series mentioned by people whenever this topic comes up but for me that was merely a copy of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic which I would consider a better candidate for one of the best games ever.

fsvr54
04-10-2020, 04:10 PM
The amount of stuff to find and do in the game was almost overwhelming. In the end though its story and characterization left a good deal to be desired like all the Elder Scroll games. At least one end-of-the-year review at the time wondered that maybe despite all the lavish praised it received Skyrim wasn't the best RPG game of the year. It suggested maybe The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings might deserve the honor. I found that unlikely at the time but after playing Assassin of Kings I saw the reasoning. Ultimately I'd say Skyrim was still better than The Witcher 2 but only just and it falls short of my favorite games.

I see the Mass Effect series mentioned by people whenever this topic comes up but for me that was merely a copy of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic which I would consider a better candidate for one of the best games ever.

Have you not played Dark Souls my dude? It's a life changing game.

Manny98
04-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Dark Souls was too hard for me I literally couldn't get past the first area :lol

LAmbruh
04-13-2020, 08:22 PM
God of War

fsvr54
04-14-2020, 04:34 PM
Dark Souls was too hard for me I literally couldn't get past the first area :lol

It's hard for everyone at first. Try it again, everyone has that "clicking" moment. It takes some effort, but it's very rewarding.

Axe
04-22-2020, 06:50 AM
Greatest game of all time is League of Legends.
Others will argue that it is made for kids or casual gamers but overall, it is an enjoyable game.

Granting that is, if you have good teammates in your team everytime you play ofc. 😂

Jingo
06-30-2020, 07:52 AM
Easily Tekken 3

benrayburn
07-09-2020, 08:35 PM
I would argue that Dragon Age Origins is pretty high up along with Mass Effect 2.

Nanners
07-11-2020, 12:58 PM
I got rdr2 at the top of my goat list at the moment... skyrim is maybe borderline top 10

Uncle Drew
07-12-2020, 05:51 AM
God of War

This.

KD7
07-15-2020, 04:45 PM
I would argue that Dragon Age Origins is pretty high up along with Mass Effect 2.
Yes sir, Dragon Age Origins was the shit.:cheers:

KD7
07-15-2020, 04:45 PM
It's hard for everyone at first. Try it again, everyone has that "clicking" moment. It takes some effort, but it's very rewarding.
Yeh I will give it another try when I get my Xbox

eliteballer
07-26-2020, 05:28 PM
:biggums:

Axe
08-03-2020, 09:01 PM
This game looked good in the switch. My sister got one recently but i feel the computer version is still better because of the available mods.

eliteballer
09-17-2020, 02:20 AM
:eek:

diamenz
09-17-2020, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6hVmn9FM7o

AdamCour
08-02-2021, 08:59 AM
Dark Souls smokes this game

fsvr54
08-05-2021, 01:34 PM
Dark Souls smokes this game

1000%

I wouldn't argue anyone calling Dark Souls the GOAT

diamenz
08-06-2021, 08:55 PM
1000%

I wouldn't argue anyone calling Dark Souls the GOAT

:rockon:

24-7LiveChat
02-11-2022, 06:34 AM
How much does the zoho crm chat support agent (https://www.24-7livechat.com/zoho-live-chat-support-agents/) enhance friendly and long-term business-to-customer relationships? So much so that customers will always come back and recommend you to others, as the service is 24/7 with a friendly and at the same time professional atmosphere. Moreover, creating the best support team does not harm business finances at all, because it has a competitive price

dedimartea
03-02-2022, 10:16 AM
Hello everyone who is present on this forum. Thank you for your posts. It was very interesting to read. I also want to share with you some great resources that I recently discovered. There you will find a lot of useful information about Internet marketing and about specialist in this field. affiliate marketing (https://www.dedicatedmarketingteam.com/dedicated-affiliate-marketing-team/)

SATAN
10-23-2022, 07:37 AM
https://wallpapercave.com/wp/wp4032428.jpg