PDA

View Full Version : European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 07:58 PM
1. Darko Milicic
2. Nikoloz Skitashvili
3. Ricky Rubio
4. Jonas Jerebko
5. Ommri Casspi
6. Jan Vesely
7. Brandon Jennings

I can list probably dozens more, but for now, this will suffice well enough for the thread.

Milicic = role player in Adriatic League
= 2nd pick of NBA/NBA starter

Skita = role player in ACB
= 5th pick of NBA

Rubio = scrub in Euroleague
= 5th pick of NBA/projected starter for Wolves in NBA

Jerebko = role player in Italian League
= draft pick of NBA/starter in NBA

Casspi = role player in Euroleague
= first round pick of NBA/starter in NBA

Vesely = role player in Euroleague
= 6th pick of NBA/projected starter for Wizards in NBA

Jennings = scrub in Euroleague
= lotto pick in NBA/NBA starter/55 points in one game scorer in NBA

Keep in mind, that MANY more examples will be brought up as this thread goes on. So, how is it that these role players/scrubs in Europe become first round NBA picks, even some of them lotto picks, and can become starters in the NBA?

Discuss.

ThemBombs
11-10-2011, 07:59 PM
scrubs in euroleague=shit in NBA

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Brandon Jennings

European

http://i.imgur.com/TY2Ji.png

Euroleague
scrubs in euroleague=shit in NBA

Uh no. Brandon Jennings = scrub in Euroleague and 55 points in one game scorer in NBA.

Rooster
There no such thing as this scrub.

Anthony Parker

2 time MVP

2 Euroleague title

Named one of the greatest Europe player ever.

LMAO.

madmax
11-10-2011, 08:03 PM
that some players are better suited to NBA ball than they are to Euro ball? Difficult concept to grasp, I know:cheers:

B
11-10-2011, 08:03 PM
I though a European Scrub was another name for a hot date with a blonde and loofa sponge...

DRose1899
11-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Man... you're obssesed.

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Uh no. Brandon Jennings = scrub in Euroleague and 55 points in one game scorer in NBA.

Jennings would have dominated that league.

Like what Jordan Farmar is doing.

But he was only 18.

Playing on limited minutes.

Next

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
that some players are better suited to NBA ball than they are to Euro ball? Difficult concept to grasp, I know:cheers:

American scrubs play in Europe because they can not make a living in NBA.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM

But he was only 18.

Next

He was a scrub.

He was 19.

He played normal rotation minutes.

You are a moron.

Next

Droid101
11-10-2011, 08:08 PM

But he was only 18.

Next
Exactly... it's not his fault he was a high school kid trying to learn.

Apparently, he learned, and is now a middling NBA point guard. Wow.

Dave3
11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
A few mistakes. For one, Jerebko was the 39th pick. In the NBA, 39th isn't lottery.

Secondly, why is Casspi considered an NBA starter when he starts less than 40% of his games?

Also, why is he called role player in Europe (when he started no?) and starter in NBA (when he's still considered a role player no?). I mean, if you can't start even 40% of games for a terrible lottery team, are you not a "role player"?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:09 PM
American scrubs play in Europe because they can not make a living in NBA.

Numerous European scrubs play in the NBA because they were draft picks there, despite being scrubs in Europe (many not even able to get a Euroleague contract).

The NBA is a great place for European scrubs to earn a living, even for some to become lotto picks and starters.

Droid101
1. Darko Milicic
2. Nikoloz Skitashvili
3. Ricky Rubio
4. Jonas Jerebko
5. Ommri Casspi
6. Jan Vesely
7. Brandon Jennings

Are you for real?

Darko is a huge scrub and has been since he joined the NBA.
Niko... barely made a roster and was out of the league in a year or two.
Ricky hasn't played in an NBA game.
Jerebko has finally started to get it... but then he got injured.
Omri seems to be developing well, but I wouldn't call him a good NBA player yet.
Jan hasn't played an NBA game.
Brandon Jennings is a middling NBA point guard.

Where are you going with this?

Rooster
He was a scrub.

He was 19.

He played normal rotation minutes.

You are a moron.

Next

Please tell me what VSpan doing when he was 19.

Maga_1

So, he learned something in Europe? That's not normal :lol

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:10 PM

A high school kid?

No. He was college age.

Next.

Droid101
11-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Of course he did! European players have very good fundamentals.

Maga_1
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
A few mistakes. For one, Jerebko was the 39th pick. In the NBA, 39th isn't lottery.

Secondly, why is Casspi considered an NBA starter when he starts less than 40% of his games?

Also, why is he called role player in Europe (when he started no?) and starter in NBA (when he's still considered a role player no?). I mean, if you can't start even 40% of games for a terrible lottery team, are you not a "role player"?

I remember watching Casspi in Eurobasket 2007 qualification and thinking "this guy is horrible", for me Elyiahu and the other PG that was in Maccabi were much more talented then him ..
He developed so quicky, it's amazing.

Euroleague

A few mistakes?

How about this.....

Jerebko = role player on a small club in a mid level European league

= starter in NBA

Casspi = role player on Maccabi

= role player in NBA with better stats and more important to his team

Of course, I would never expect any American NBA only fan to be aware of anything basketball non-NBA related.

Maga_1
Of course he did! European players have very good fundamentals.

First time we agree.
Continue your talk with Euroleague, i'm reading carefuly.

Kblaze8855
11-10-2011, 08:14 PM
The best player on that list is the 3rd or 4th best player on a below average team after going to europe for no reason but not being able to go to college.....and two of them are among the biggest flops in history. and this is your euroscrub to good nba player list?

Surely someone of note went from nothing to something.

Rooster

Europe is good in playing team ball.

Dave3
A few mistakes?

How about this.....

Jerebko = role player on small club in a mid level European league

= starter in NBA

Casspi = role player on Maccabi

= role player in NBA with better stats and more important to his team

Of course, I would never expect any American NBA only fan to be aware of anything basketball non-NBA related.That's nice, but doesn't really address anything I actually said. Kind of just deflects it with other information. You call a role playing starter a "role player" in one context, and a "starter" in another. Seems unusual...

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Are you for real?

Darko is a huge scrub and has been since he joined the NBA.
Niko... barely made a roster and was out of the league in a year or two.
Ricky hasn't played in an NBA game.
Jerebko has finally started to get it... but then he got injured.
Omri seems to be developing well, but I wouldn't call him a good NBA player yet.
Jan hasn't played an NBA game.
Brandon Jennings is a middling NBA point guard.

Where are you going with this?

Are you freaking for real?

Naming any American in Europe as a "dominant Euroleague player"?

Are you freaking for real not even knowing that dozens of scrubs/role players in Europe (many in lower tier leagues even) were drafted by the NBA (some in lotto) and some even became NBA starters?

You call yourself an NBA fan and are that incredibly lacking in basic NBA knowledge?

Are you for real? Where are you going with all the trolling you do here?

Droid101
11-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Naming any American in Europe as a "dominant Euroleague player"?

Anthony Parker.

Dave3
11-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I remember watching Casspi in Eurobasket 2007 qualification and thinking "this guy is horrible", for me Elyiahu and the other PG that was in Maccabi were much more talented then him ..
Yeah, which is good for him. He was like 19 though in 2007, so a lot of players get infinitely better from 19-23.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:16 PM

The fact that he moved to a league where defense is outlawed helped.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 08:18 PM

Your trolling is so poor that it's starting to get entertaining. Please continue.

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, which is good for him. He was like 19 though in 2007, so a lot of players get infinitely better from 19-23.

Dennis Rodman was a janitor when he was 19.

And got fired for stealing while on the clock.

Droid101
11-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Every single player who played significant minutes in both leagues shoots way better in Euroleague.

All that "tough defense" must be why, right?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
The best player on that list is the 3rd or 4th best player on a below average team after going to europe for no reason but not being able to go to college.....and two of them are among the biggest flops in history. and this is your euroscrub to good nba player list?

Surely someone of note went from nothing to something.

What the hell?

What part of European scrubs/role players did you not grasp?

3rd to 4th best player on an NBA team?

Wow..............amazing going from like the 10th best on a team in Europe.

You do realize that I can bring up many more examples right?

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:22 PM
And Schea Cotton was the best 16 year old player and never made it to NBA.

Pippen was a late bloomer.

No one even recruited Westbrook

until he grew some more inches in his senior year.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
That's nice, but doesn't really address anything I actually said. Kind of just deflects it with other information. You call a role playing starter a "role player" in one context, and a "starter" in another. Seems unusual...

Are you trying to claim that Casspi was more important in Euroleague than he is in the NBA?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Anthony Parker.

Say what?

The guy that had almost the same stats in Europe and NBA?

The guy that has been an NBA starter the last 5 years?

Yeah, sure compares to scrubs or role players from Europe instantly becoming NBA starters.

You must be joking.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM

What?

WTF?

No wait a minute................what?

So guys that play for years in the NBA, then can't even get a contract in Euroleague................"got better"?

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Ammo and Reddick was killing it in college.

Yet Ariza who suck at college.

Has a better career.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Your trolling is so poor that it's starting to get entertaining. Please continue.

Ignore list.

JohnnyWall
Say what?

Yeah, sure compares to scrubs or role players from Europe instantly becoming NBA starters.

You must be joking.

I don't think you understand what a "starter" is or means.

Euroleague
Every single player who played significant minutes in both leagues shoots way better in Euroleague.

All that "tough defense" must be why, right?

Every single time you post, you lie.

Rooster
Say what?

You must be joking.

Did Anthony Parker won 2 MVPs and 2 NBA titles.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
And Schea Cotton was the best 16 year old player and never made it to NBA.

Pippen was a late bloomer.

No one even recruited Westbrook

until he grew some more inches in his senior year.

And NBA veterans getting cut in Europe........guys in their prime, rotation players.

Invent a made up excuse if you can.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't think you understand what a "starter" is or means.

I understand that Parker started the last 5 years in the NBA. Because unlike you, I have actually seen NBA games.

Positive
11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
And NBA veterans getting cut in Europe........guys in their prime, rotation players.

what happened to the GOAT Vspan in the NBA?

Kblaze8855
11-10-2011, 08:32 PM
What the hell?

What part of European scrubs/role players did you not grasp?

3rd to 4th best player on an NBA team?

Wow..............amazing going from like the 10th best on a team in Europe.

You do realize that I can bring up many more examples right?

I was hoping you would. While I know you to be...difficult...I generally assume you arent 100% serious. So I figured you might have an interesting list of legit good players who kinda came alive over here. I had an interest in the subject. I figured id find thatl ike...Peja was a nobody who got hot in some youth tournament and caught the eye of a scout then became a star over here. Something like that.

But instead I get Darko, and Skita, and people who have never even played in the NBA?

Give me an interesting name or two id be surprised by. Not...some guy whos performance might get generations of good europeans mocked. Those are in cases people guys in europe DONT want their names attached to far as their NBA potential.

Listing guys because they were drafted highly(then became among the biggest letdowns ever) is like listing Childress as a 6th man who got one of the biggest deals in European basketball history(Except Josh was apaprently all euroleague im told and not....Darko). The assumptions made about your level of play before you arrive and play are irrelevant compared to what you do. Its not an accomplishment to be overrated briefly before being seen for what you are.

JohnnyWall
I understand that Parker started the last 5 years in the NBA. Because unlike you, I have actually seen NBA games.

Not bad, but i believe you can do a better job than that.

Euroleague
Did Anthony Parker won 2 MVPs and 2 NBA titles.

Did Jonas Jerebko (role player on something like a top 300 European club) start in the NBA?

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:34 PM

what was VSpan doing when he was 19.

Sorry what did you do on your prime is

what's important.

Anthony Parker never had a prime.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:34 PM
what happened to the GOAT Vspan in the NBA?

What happened to DaJuan Summers, Devin Brown, Alonzo Gee - all getting cut this year in Euroleague?

What happened to about 100 other NBA players that got cut in Europe?

Dave3
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Are you trying to claim that Casspi was more important in Euroleague than he is in the NBA?
Nvm. Waste of logic. You still haven't answered why you call a non starter a starter. That's all.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I was hoping you would. While I know you to be...difficult...I generally assume you arent 100% serious. So I figured you might have an interesting list of legit good players who kinda came alive over here. I had an interest in the subject. I figured id find thatl ike...Peja was a nobody who got hot in some youth tournament and caught the eye of a scout then became a star over here. Something like that.

But instead I get Darko, and Skita, and people who have never even played in the NBA?

Give me an interesting name or two id be surprised by. Not...some guy whos performance might get generations of good europeans mocked. Those are in cases people guys in europe DONT want their names attached to far as their NBA potential.

Listing guys because they were drafted highly(then became among the biggest letdowns ever) is like listing Childress as a 6th man who got one of the biggest deals in European basketball history(Except Josh was apaprently all euroleague im told and not....Darko). The assumptions made about your level of play before you arrive and play are irrelevant compared to what you do. Its not an accomplishment to be overrated briefly before being seen for what you are.

Are you retarded?

Seriously?

Positive
11-10-2011, 08:37 PM
What happened to DaJuan Summers, Devin Brown, Alonzo Gee - all getting cut this year in Euroleague?

What happened to about 100 other NBA players that got cut in Europe?
Those are all fringe NBA players, not someone who was/is considered one of the better PGs in Europe. Devin Brown hasn't played significant minutes in the NBA for quite some time, Alonzo Gee was probably the worst starter in the NBA last year, and I'm not even sure if Summers was on a roster. If Spanoulis is as good as you say he is, that would be similar to Chris Paul getting cut in Europe.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:37 PM

what's important.

Kirilenko has a prime and he manages to get 13/9 in Euroleague.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:38 PM
How are his Euroleague stats worse? Relative to the league they were way better. He averages 8.8 ppg (on 50/45) in a league in which the leading scorer is 18 ppg (the 2009 season) as a 20 year old developing, and in the NBA (still getting better) he averages 9.5 on 43/37 where the leading scorer averages 29 ppg over that period of time. He doesn't generally start on one of the worst teams in a 30 team league, but started on a mid level team in a 24 league team. How does that point to him being more valuable in the NBA?

The NBA leading scorer about triples his scoring output, while the Euroleague leader doubles it. Pretty big difference.

And you just made up whatever nonsense you felt like making up.

madmax
11-10-2011, 08:38 PM

what's important.

oh yes he did:cheers:
When he played for those Maccabi teams that is

ThemBombs
11-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Are you retarded?

Seriously?
what pleasure do you get from trolling the shit out of a forum? if you don't like the NBA/Americans, leave the NBA/predominantly American forum, idiot.

Euroleague
Those are all fringe NBA players, not someone who was/is considered one of the better PGs in Europe. Devin Brown hasn't played significant minutes in the NBA for quite some time, Alonzo Gee was probably the worst starter in the NBA last year, and I'm not even sure if Summers was on a roster. If Spanoulis is as good as you say he is, that would be similar to Chris Paul getting cut in Europe.

Oh you mean like those fringe American NBA players in Europe that the whole forum calls "Euroleague superstars"?

Dave3
And you just made up whatever nonsense you felt like making up.
You're right. None of those stats are real, nor are the number of teams in the leagues. I'm just a liar.

So, why do you call Casspi a starter when he doesn't usually start?

Rooster
How are his Euroleague stats worse? Relative to the league they were way better. He averages 8.8 ppg (on 50/45) in a league in which the leading scorer is 18 ppg (the 2009 season) as a 20 year old developing, and in the NBA (still getting better) he averages 9.5 on 43/37 where the leading scorer averages 29 ppg over that period of time. He doesn't generally start on one of the worst teams in a 30 team league, but started on a mid level team in a 24 league team. How does that point to him being more valuable in the NBA?

The NBA leading scorer about triples his scoring output, while the Euroleague leader doubles it. Pretty big difference.

Linas Kleiza went over there and led the league in scoring.

And he never even been the top scorer in his own team.

They call these Alphonso Ford scrub award

Euroleague lost another credibility.

Droid101
11-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Reposted from the thread you are now ignoring because I pwned you so bad in it:

Yep. Why don't we compare useful stats... say, Kirilenko's 2010-2011 NBA stats to his new shiny Euroleague stats? Okay!

NBA: 11.7 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 3 APG, 1.3 Steals, 1.2 blocks, 1.8 TO, 31.2 minutes. 46% shooting, 37% three pointers, 77% FT.

Euroleague: 13 PPG, 9 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.3 steals, 3.3 blocks, 1.5 TO, 29 minutes. 56.67% field goals, 56% three pointers, 72% ft.

Check it. He's increased every single statistical output, in less minutes. I manually calculated his field goal percentage since they only have 2pt% and 3pt% separate in Euroleague.
Just like every player who has played significant minutes in both leagues, their stats increase, in less minutes, on better shooting percentages.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 08:41 PM
http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album86/this_thread_is_gay.gif

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:41 PM
what pleasure do you get from trolling the shit out of a forum? if you don't like the NBA/Americans, leave the NBA/predominantly American forum, idiot.

What pleasure do you get out of making up retarded nonsense about how every single American NBA player in Europe is the GOAT and dominates and completely embarrasses the whole league?

Did a Euro guy crush you on a court? Steal your girl? Turn your proposition down?

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 08:43 PM
What pleasure do you get out of making up retarded nonsense about how every single American NBA player in Europe is the GOAT and dominates and completely embarrasses the whole league?

Answer his question first.

Rooster
Oh you mean like those fringe American NBA players in Europe that the whole forum calls "Euroleague superstars"?

Weems

Farmar

Kirilenko

Then

Marcus Brown

Anthony Parker

Tyus Edney

Bo McCalleb

Alphonso Ford

the Corpse of McAdoo

Euroleague
You're right. None of those stats are real, nor are the number of teams in the leagues. I'm just a liar.

So, why do you call Casspi a starter when he doesn't usually start?

Omri Casspi role on Maccabi = garbage man/hustle player

Omri Casspi role in NBA = one step above that

And this was true the instant he entered the NBA.

ThemBombs
11-10-2011, 08:44 PM

Did a Euro guy crush you on a court? Steal your girl? Turn your proposition down?
...like I told you, Americans are running the Euroleague. just check the weekly MVP voting. :roll:

Dave3
11-10-2011, 08:44 PM

Question: Was that garbage man a starter in the Euroleague?

Droid101
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM

Why was his role more in the NBA? Because you say so?

He went to one of the worst teams in the league and produced nothing of note.

What is your argument again? :confusedshrug:

Euroleague
Linas Kleiza went over there and led the league in scoring.

And he never even been the top scorer in his own team.

They call these Alphonso Ford scrub award

Euroleague lost another credibility.

Ricky Rubio (scrub in Europe) went "over there" and instantly became a rock star sensation.

Rooster

Winning MVPs

October

Week 1

Is he still in his prime?

LMAO

Droid101
Ricky Rubio (scrub in Europe) went "over there" and instantly became a rock star sensation.
Ricky Rubio hasn't played a single game in the NBA yet.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Ricky Rubio hasn't played a single game in the NBA yet.

So what?

Deron Williams has not played a single game in the Euroleague, and on a daily basis you and numerous others here call him the "GOAT Euroleague player".

You have personally said he is dominating the Euroelague and is the best player in the Euroleague about 50 times in this forum.

He has never played a single Euroleague game in his life.

Your point?

Droid101
11-10-2011, 08:48 PM
So what?

Deron Williams has not played a single game in the Euroleague, and on a daily basis you and numerous others here call him the "GOAT Euroleague player".

You have personally said he is dominating the Euroelague and is the best player in the Euroleague about 50 times in this forum.

Your point?
Ignoring my post on Kirilenko earlier? Nice.

I never said Deron Williams was GOAT Euroleague player. You're thinking of Nick Young (who, incidentally, would be really good in Euroleague too, I imagine).

Rooster

Who is Ricky Rubio.

Do you know

William Hung

Euroleague
Reposted from the thread you are now ignoring because I pwned you so bad in it:

Just like every player who has played significant minutes in both leagues, their stats increase, in less minutes, on better shooting percentages.

You are such a moron.

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:51 PM
So what?

Your point?

is that supposed to mean something.

Playing in Euroleague

LMAO.

DWill is dreaming of Euroleague.

FTW.

Kblaze8855
Are you retarded?

Seriously?

That is your reply to being asked for more names which you said you could provide? Being asked in a totally reasonable manner I might add.

You...really have no interest in actually talking about anything do you? You are that rare kind of poster who may in fact have no reasonable core under all the idiocy. Most people like you its clear they arent really as crazy as they seem. You may be.

Euroleague
Weems

Farmar

Kirilenko

Then

Marcus Brown

Anthony Parker

Tyus Edney

Bo McCalleb

Alphonso Ford

the Corpse of McAdoo

Petrovic
Nowitzki
Parker
Pau

Shall we list all the Euros that dominated and/or led teams to NBA championships by dominating American scrubs in that weak sauce league "over there".............

European players just going to the NBA so they can clown on that North American league and all its players.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
...like I told you, Americans are running the Euroleague. just check the weekly MVP voting. :roll:

Europeans are winning NBA MVP and Finals MVP awards. Europeans are leading NBA teams to championships.

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Petrovic
Nowitzki
Parker
Pau

Shall we list all the Euros that dominated and/or led teams to NBA championships by dominating American scrubs in that weak sauce league "over there".............

European players just going to the NBA so they can clown on that North American league and all its players.

4 names only.

8 Americans were named in 35th greatest players

and they were there because NBA did not bother

LMAO.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Ricky Rubio (scrub in Europe)
[LIST]
2008 Olympics Basketball Silver Medal
2009 FIBA Gold Medal
MVP of FIBA U-16 Championship (averaged 22.3 points, 12.8 rebounds, 7.1 assists, 6.5 steals. In the final, accumulated 51 points, 24 rebounds, 12 assists and 11 steals.)
Won the Spanish ACB League Rising Star Award: (2007)

ThemBombs
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Europeans are winning NBA MVP and Finals MVP awards. Europeans are leading NBA teams to championships.
Dirk Nowitzki: first and only European player ever to win NBA MVP
Tony Parker and Dirk Nowitzki: only Euro's to win FMVP

the sun rises, the sun sets, Euroleague is proven wrong once again.

Rooster
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM

Not even close

Anthony Parker has a better resume.

He got 2 MVPs and 2 rings.

Say what.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Question: Was that garbage man a starter in the Euroleague?

You can't be serious...........

He started 15 out of 39 games in Euroleague and for his career averaged 13.2 minutes per game.

He was obviously an enormously important player for Maccabi.........just like how every single player from European leagues that is in the NBA was "totally dominant when they played in European basketball"........

:lol :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes:

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Why was his role more in the NBA? Because you say so?

He went to one of the worst teams in the league and produced nothing of note.

What is your argument again? :confusedshrug:

That he suddenly became a better player the second he joined the NBA. Like numerous other role players from European basketball.

Dave3
11-10-2011, 09:00 PM
You can't be serious...........

He started 15 out of 39 games in Euroleague and for his career averaged 13.2 minutes per game.

He was obviously an enormously important player for Maccabi.........just like how every single player from European leagues that is in the NBA was "totally dominant when they played in European basketball"........

:lol :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes:
Why are you including stats from when he was like 19? If you want to at least make the comparison fair, use his last year in the Euroleague, and his first year in the NBA. That would be the only way to make sure the talent was close right? Unless of course you don't think players improve from when they're 19 to when they're 22.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
That is your reply to being asked for more names which you said you could provide? Being asked in a totally reasonable manner I might add.

You...really have no interest in actually talking about anything do you? You are that rare kind of poster who may in fact have no reasonable core under all the idiocy. Most people like you its clear they arent really as crazy as they seem. You may be.

I could probably spend weeks........literally, listing all the examples.

Here, http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players?listtype=alltime

That does not even begin to include all the NBA players that didn't even play at the Euroleague level, but were role players in LOWER level European leagues.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

ThemBombs
11-10-2011, 09:04 PM

no half-assed rebuttal/excuse? come on, euroleague, i'm disappointed. :oldlol:

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:06 PM
4 names only.

8 Americans were named in 35th greatest players

and they were there because NBA did not bother

LMAO.

Yeah and NBA greatest 50 players did not include European born Wilkins.

If you ever have a point, please feel free to make it.

Hyman
11-10-2011, 09:07 PM

Casspi averaged 9 points and 3 rebounds on 50% shooting the last year he played on Maccabi, before he left. He was only 20 years old.

Its quite possible he has developed into a better player, yet he stats in NBA are not better than what he averaged his last season in Europe being 20 years old, age at which most of NBA players are at university.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=JohnnyWall][LIST]
2008 Olympics Basketball Silver Medal
2009 FIBA Gold Medal
MVP of FIBA U-16 Championship (averaged 22.3 points, 12.8 rebounds, 7.1 assists, 6.5 steals. In the final, accumulated 51 points, 24 rebounds, 12 assists and 11 steals.)
Won the Spanish ACB League Rising Star Award: (2007)

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:10 PM

European player clowning the NBA playoffs. A white guy no less. Sad day for the North American League.

Hyman
11-10-2011, 09:10 PM
So what?

Your point?

Deron Williams would rock Euroleague.

He is probably the best player in Europe right now along with Tony Parker. And none of them play Euroleague. Yet every coach of every EL team would probably swap their starting PG for any of those two

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Why are you including stats from when he was like 19? If you want to at least make the comparison fair, use his last year in the Euroleague, and his first year in the NBA. That would be the only way to make sure the talent was close right? Unless of course you don't think players improve from when they're 19 to when they're 22.

WTF?

Is this the forum where Adam Morrison is named as the GOAT player of Europe? is this the forum where a guy can score 30 points in the Georgian League and if he is American have that listed as a "Euroleague game"?

is this the forum where Nicolas Batum is said to be "the Larry Bird of Euroleague"?

Why don't you tell me how many damn games Casspi started and why don't you tell me how a strict hustle player in Euroleague instantly got better the second he stepped on an NBA floor.

Otherwise you are going straight to my ignore list.

ThemBombs
11-10-2011, 09:15 PM
European player clowning the NBA playoffs. A white guy no less. Sad day for the North American League.
...not really, when it happened only twice in NBA history :roll:
whereas Anthony Parker was Euroleague MVP.... TWICE IN A ROW!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Casspi averaged 9 points and 3 rebounds on 50% shooting the last year he played on Maccabi, before he left. He was only 20 years old.

Its quite possible he has developed into a better player, yet he stats in NBA are not better than what he averaged his last season in Europe being 20 years old, age at which most of NBA players are at university.

What?

According to this forum every single player in the NBA that played in Europe and was drafted from there and then came to the nBA was a "dominant superstar in Europe."

1000 times it is said here that "all of the best players in the history of Europe came to the NBA".

"Every single one of the best European players are in the NBA."

Now all of a sudden it's, oh yeah well of course they were just role players in Europe too, just like in NBA.

This is your genius counter argument to the point of this thread.

:facepalm

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 09:19 PM
WTF?

Is this the forum where Adam Morrison is named as the GOAT player of Europe? is this the forum where a guy can score 30 points in the Georgian League and if he is American have that listed as a "Euroleague game"?

is this the forum where Nicolas Batum is said to be "the Larry Bird of Euroleague"?

Why don't you tell me how many damn games Casspi started and why don't you tell me how a strict hustle player in Euroleague instantly got better the second he stepped on an NBA floor.

http://i.imgur.com/CsZs6.jpg

Dave3
11-10-2011, 09:19 PM
WTF?

Why are you attributing what others have said to me? If I've never said any of that why is it being held against me? The fact of the matter is in his last Euroleague season, he was a starter. Why not call him a "starter" in your OP?

Kblaze8855
11-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah and NBA greatest 50 players did not include European born Wilkins.

.....it didnt actually. It was kinda a big argument at the time....

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Deron Williams would rock Euroleague.

He is probably the best player in Europe right now along with Tony Parker. And none of them play Euroleague. Yet every coach of every EL team would probably swap their starting PG for any of those two

Neither one of them plays in the Euroleague. Which is why this forum is so full of shit with all the endless bull shit it posts on a daily basis about how these guys and Morrison and others "are dominating Euroleague".

You know what, Navarro is dominating the NBA right freaking now too.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Which is why this forum is so full of shit with all the endless bull shit it posts on a daily basis about how these guys and Morrison and others "are dominating Euroleague".

Then why are you constantly on this forum?

Rooster
11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
whereas Anthony Parker was Euroleague MVP.... TWICE IN A ROW!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

you forgot

Nate Napoleon Dynamite Huffman

and

Joseph Blair

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:23 PM

Yeah, and a team made up of 12 Greek League players beat Team USA's a team.

RRR3
11-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Euroleague why are you too cowardly to admit you live in Arkansas? You can't call anyone a "chicken" until you address this. If you do, we may take you more seriously, at least just a little bit. Now admit it, stop avoiding it, you just look worse by doing so.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Who the **** is Navarro? The Spaniard who hasn't been in the NBA since 2008?

http://i.imgur.com/Rqp7d.jpg

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Why are you attributing what others have said to me? If I've never said any of that why is it being held against me? The fact of the matter is in his last Euroleague season, he was a starter. Why not call him a "starter" in your OP?

Why are you trolling?

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=JFO&seasoncode=E2008

50% of the games he started.

I never said a damn thing about him not starting either.

You on the other hand asserted that not starting all the games means you can't be called a starter.

So according to you, not starting every game in NBA = "not a starter"

not starting every game in Euroleague = a starter

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:27 PM
.....it didnt actually. It was kinda a big argument at the time....

reading comprehension 101

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:28 PM
you forgot

Nate Napoleon Dynamite Huffman

and

Joseph Blair

You forgot Curtis Stinson - NBA MVP

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Euroleague why are you too cowardly to admit you live in Arkansas? You can't call anyone a "chicken" until you address this. If you do, we may take you more seriously, at least just a little bit. Now admit it, stop avoiding it, you just look worse by doing so.

Do you have his address? I'd love to show up at his house and shove my c

RRR3
11-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Euroleague, you incredibly wimpy coward, admit you are from ARKANSAS!!!!!! You look like the biggest "chicken" (to quote you) ever. :facepalm

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 09:32 PM
You forgot Curtis Stinson - NBA MVP

D-League MVP. Kind of a different league and all. :lol :roll:

Hyman
11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
What?

According to this forum every single player in the NBA that played in Europe and was drafted from there and then came to the nBA was a "dominant superstar in Europe."

1000 times it is said here that "all of the best players in the history of Europe came to the NBA".

"Every single one of the best European players are in the NBA."

Now all of a sudden it's, oh yeah well of course they were just role players in Europe too, just like in NBA.

This is your genius counter argument to the point of this thread.

Casspi in Europe evolve from a marginal player to a important role player in his last year, averaging 9 points on 50% shooting.

So he was nowhere near a scrub and he was one of the most promising players in Europe for his age

Lots of times NBA signs players that have potential. Casspi is the case. When he left Maccabi he was only 20 years. For a 20 year guy averaging 9 points on Euroleague on 50% shooting is quite good

Dave3
11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Why are you trolling?

50% of the games he started.

I never said a damn thing about him not starting either.

You on the other hand asserted that not starting all the games means you can't be called a starter.

So according to you, not starting every game in NBA = "not a starter"

not starting every game in Euroleague = a starter
Putting words in people's mouth? I said he started 38%. 38% isn't quite 50%. What's interesting though is that 50% isn't a starter, while 38% is...

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:34 PM
D-League MVP. Kind of a different league and all. :lol :roll:

He listed players that didn't actually win the Euroleague MVP award, even one that played in a different league.

Your point?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Casspi in Europe evolve from a marginal player to a important role player in his last year, averaging 9 points on 50% shooting.

So he was nowhere near a scrub and he was one of the most promising players in Europe for his age

Lots of times NBA signs players that have potential. Casspi is the case. When he left Maccabi he was only 20 years. For a 20 year guy averaging 9 points on Euroleague on 50% shooting is quite good

Where did I say he was a scrub in Euroleague?

Hyman
Neither one of them plays in the Euroleague. Which is why this forum is so full of shit with all the endless bull shit it posts on a daily basis about how these guys and Morrison and others "are dominating Euroleague".

Deron Williams doesnt need to play Euroleague for knowing he would rock Euroleague, the same as Tony Parker.

They are global basketball stars. They have the skills and the athleticism to own Euroleague. They are not Josh Childress, Linas Kleiza, Omar Casspi, Rudy Fernandez types of player.

JohnnyWall
He listed players that didn't actually win the Euroleague MVP award, even one that played in a different league.

Your point?

That you're incorrect about Curtis winning an NBA MVP.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Putting words in people's mouth? I said he started 38%. 38% isn't quite 50%. What's interesting though is that 50% isn't a starter, while 38% is...

25 minutes per game in the NBA

13 in Euroleague

Clearly, he was more important in Euroleague.............

:rolleyes:

Hyman
11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Really, what factor makes you think that Deron Williams wouldn be a top euroleague guard?

He has the vision, he has the pace, he is more athletic than anyone, he can shoot.

I cant really imagine what makes you think Deron Williams wouldnt rock the league when probably he is the American guard that suits better for the European star.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Deron Williams doesnt need to play Euroleague for knowing he would rock Euroleague, the same as Tony Parker.

They are global basketball stars. They have the skills and the athleticism to own Euroleague. They are not Josh Childress, Linas Kleiza, Omar Casspi, Rudy Fernandez types of player.

Deron Williams sure the hell rocked EuroChallenge so far, failing to even qualify to Eurocup against Dexia Mons, not even the best team from Belgian League.

His legendary 11/8 stats on something like 20% shooting sure the hell rocked it alright.

You are right, those other players would never play like that at that same level. Well, maybe Childress. He just flat out sucks in any league.

"Global stars". Amazing how you can play only in USA/Canada and be a "global star".

Oh wait........I guess their time in Eurocup/French League and TBL/EuroChallenge qualifies too right?

"Global stars". Yes, indeed. No doubt about that.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:41 PM

Your point?

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Really, what factor makes you think that Deron Williams wouldn be a top euroleague guard?

He has the vision, he has the pace, he is more athletic than anyone, he can shoot.

I cant really imagine what makes you think Deron Williams wouldnt rock the league when probably he is the American guard that suits better for the European star.

You can't actually take anything that euroleague posts seriously. He suffers from a severe case of Asperger's syndrome.

Hyman
11-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Deron Williams sure the hell rocked EuroChallenge so far, failing to even qualify to Eurocup against Dexia Mons, not even the best team from Belgian League.

His legendary 11/8 stats on something like 20% shooting sure the hell rocked it alright.

You are right, those other players would never play like that at that same level. Well, maybe Childress. He just flat out sucks in any league.

Your hate is enormous

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Your point?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Yeah..Team USA will never ever lose a game, oh wait...........

The Heat can't lose.....oh wait...........

He does not play in the Euroleague. Calling him the best player in Europe when he plays in like the 8-10 best leagues on the continent is absurd, even for most NBA only fans.

It's like saying a D-League player is the best player on the North American continent and the "best NBA player".

Hell, Deron Williams does not even play as well as Mire Chatman did last year, on the same team, in the same role. He does not even play as well as Darius Washington does in TBL.

Darius Washginton..perhaps you remember him from his days with Aris and Roma? He is playing even better than Williams in TBL.

So I guess that means Chatman and Washinton would be also the best player in Euroleague obviously - if they just played there.

And seriously, "more athletic than anyone". Put down the crack pipe.

Dave3
11-10-2011, 09:47 PM
25 minutes per game in the NBA

13 in Euroleague

Clearly, he was more important in Euroleague.............

:rolleyes:
Well,

1. it's 17.5 in Euroleague, where the team leader plays 32, as opposed to the NBA where players play 42 mpg at times, so in the NBA there are more minutes to be played.

And 4th leading scorer on team which is in the top 16 (on 50% FG%)

Or

8th leading scorer on 5th worst team? (on 41% FG%)

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Your hate is enormous

Your BS is enormous. You just state that some guy that does not play in Euroleague will automatically be the best in that league bar none without any question.

When he struggled in about the 10th best league in Europe.

Would he be the best player in Euroleague? Maybe he would. Can you say he would be without any question?

No. And only an idiot would even try to make that claim for Williams, considering how he played so far in Europe. He's not even playing that well by Turkish League standards.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Well,

1. it's 17.5 in Euroleague, where the team leader plays 32, as opposed to the NBA where players play 42 mpg at times, so in the NBA there are more minutes to be played.

And 4th leading scorer on team which is in the top 16 (on 50% FG%)

Or

8th leading scorer on 5th worst team? (on 41% FG%)

well it's 13 career in Euroleague. 25 career in NBA.

18 in last year of Euroleague. 25 first year in NBA.

You obviously have absolutely no point. I'm done discussing it with you.

Hyman
11-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah..Team USA will never ever lose a game, oh wait...........

The Heat can't lose.....oh wait...........

He does not play in the Euroleague. Calling him the best player in Europe when he plays in like the 8-10 best leagues on the continent is absurd, even for most NBA only fans.

It's like saying a D-League player is the best player on the North American continent and the "best NBA player".

Hell, Deron Williams does not even play as well as Mire Chatman did last year, on the same team, in the same role. He does not even play as well as Darius Washington does in TBL.

Darius Washginton..perhaps you remember him from his days with Aris and Roma? He is playing even better than Williams in TBL.

So I guess that means Chatman and Washinton would be also the best player in Euroleague obviously - if they just played there.

And seriously, "more athletic than anyone". Put down the crack pipe.

You are seriously overrating Euroleague.

In Europe they are great european players that do not play in Euroleague. As well as great football players that dont play in Champions League.

You are obsessed with EL because Greek League is a shit and people get bored of Olympiacos and PAO arriving to the final losing 1 or 2 matches.

At least 8 spanish teams are perfectly capable of making Euroleague's top 16 in any normal year. Isnt ACB a competitive league?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
You are seriously overrating Euroleague.

In Europe they are great european players that do not play in Euroleague. As well as great football players that dont play in Champions League.

You are obsessed with EL because Greek League is a shit and people get bored of Olympiacos and PAO arriving to the final losing 1 or 2 matches.

You are overrating the NBA.

You are obssessed with the NBA because you are brainwashed by hype and marketing.

ACB is a shit. People are bored of Barca-Real BS in both main sports.

Dave3
11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
well it's 13 career in Euroleague. 25 career in NBA.

18 in last year of Euroleague. 25 first year in NBA.

You obviously have absolutely no point. I'm done discussing it with you.
Thanks, I got my answer.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:01 PM
At least 8 spanish teams are perfectly capable of making Euroleague's top 16 in any normal year. Isnt ACB a competitive league?

Real
Barca
Baskonia
Malaga

Valencia..maybe (sometimes)

Bilbao..maybe (sometimes)

???????????????????????

4-6 teams and that is it.

8 teams?

:lol :lol :oldlol: :roll:

ZenMaster
11-10-2011, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=B

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks, I got my answer.

Yes you did. Casspi is better in NBA than he was in Euroleague.

RRR3
11-10-2011, 10:02 PM
euroleague You Miserable Coward Admit You Are From Arkansas! Why Are You So Cowardly That You Won't Admit It????

Dave3
11-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Yes you did. Casspi is better in NBA than he was in Euroleague.
4th leading scorer on top 16 vs. 8th leading scorer on 5th worst.

You choose the 8th leading scorer on 5th worst as the better player? Interesting....

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:07 PM
You are overrating the NBA.

You are obssessed with the NBA because you are brainwashed by hype and marketing.

ACB is a shit. People are bored of Barca-Real BS in both main sports.

ACB is shit yet it has had 4 different champions in the last decade and js miles away from any other european football league.

La Liga is shit but is probably the best football league in the world and a league were both Olympiacos and PAO would go directly to the second division inmediately

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Real
Barca
Baskonia
Malaga

???????????????????????

8 teams?

This is the best euroleague in history. An unreal Euroleague.

In a normal year 8 spanish teams are perfectly capable of making it to the top 16.

I dont even count Valencia or Bilbao. Valencia and Bilbao are capable of making it even top 8. I repeat, on a normal year like most EL years except this one, where any traditional medium team has good NBA players

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:11 PM
4th leading scorer on top 16 vs. 8th leading scorer on 5th worst.

You choose the 8th leading scorer on 5th worst as the better player? Interesting....

You are a troll.

Ignore list.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:12 PM
ACB is shit yet it has had 4 different champions in the last decade and js miles away from any other european football league.

La Liga is shit but is probably the best football league in the world and a league were both Olympiacos and PAO would go directly to the second division inmediately

Hi kwijibo

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Real
Barca
Baskonia
Malaga

???????????????????????

8 teams?

Valencia has been traditionally a top 16 team in Europe during the last years despite not playing EL, for the stupid rule that all 4 spanish teams that will go are already decide.

Dave3
11-10-2011, 10:13 PM
You are a troll.

Ignore list.
Astute observation.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:15 PM
This is the best euroleague in history. An unreal Euroleague.

In a normal year 8 spanish teams are perfectly capable of making it to the top 16.

I dont even count Valencia or Bilbao. Valencia and Bilbao are capable of making it even top 8. I repeat, on a normal year like most EL years except this one, where any traditional medium team has good NBA players

There is no way in hell that ANY ACB club outside of the ones already mentioned could make the top 16 of Euroleague.

You are entering into trolling that would even make most of the NBA only fans blush.

Hey you know what..............

4-5 teams of France and Germany would make top 16........

hell 8 from ACB? Let me see then for Basket League........

PAO
Olympiacos
PAOK
Aris
Kolossos
Peristeri
Panionios

Yep, 7 teams from Greek League would also make it.

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Euroleague is a shitty deficitary league.

Power-houses like Madrid or Barcelona dont give a shit about it, spending more money in the salary of Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo than on all the players of their basketball team.

In Europe people dont care much about basketball because it sucks. Theres no money and the best players are not in here, plus when you have a good player you know he is going to leave to NBA probably for any money.

If people cared about basketball, Real Madrid with 5% of his budget would build an umbeatable basketball team for european standards. Spanoulis is claimed to be one of the best PG and he cant shoot nor bounce the ball correctly, its hilarious

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Valencia has been traditionally a top 16 team in Europe during the last years despite not playing EL, for the stupid rule that all 4 spanish teams that will go are already decide.

So?

Gran Canaria?
Valladolid?
Manresa?
Zaragoza?
Estudiantes?
Sevilla?

etc., etc.

Sorry, but no way in hell.

Rooster
11-10-2011, 10:20 PM

Power-houses like Madrid or Barcelona dont give a shit about it, spending more money in the salary of Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo than on all the players of their basketball team.

In Europe people dont care much about basketball because it sucks. Theres no money and the best players are not in here, plus when you have a good player you know he is going to leave to NBA probably for any money.

If people cared about basketball, Real Madrid with 5% of his budget would build an umbeatable basketball team

This.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:21 PM

If people cared about basketball, Real Madrid with 5% of his budget would build an umbeatable basketball team for european standards. Spanoulis is claimed to be one of the best PG and he cant shoot nor bounce the ball correctly, its hilarious

NBA trails MLS in average attendance.

NBA is behind in terms of popularity, TV ratings, money earned:

1. NFL
2. College football
3. MLB
4. College basketball
5. NBA

And it is neck and neck with NHL in attendance also.

In Europe, hardly anyone is watching the NBA as it either comes on tape delay on some strange pay per view channels, or way late at night or early in the morning when no one can watch it.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Ever wonder why european leagues have never had a basketball player on par with the greats throughout basketball history?

Jordan, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Russell... talent the euro leagues have never had.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:22 PM
This.

Euroleague TV ratings are vastly higher than NBA TV ratings in Europe.

So then if "THIS" is true, then the NBA must really be considered worthless in Europe.

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:23 PM
This.

Its all about the money and in basketball America has the money. Europe cannot even compete.

Maybe it can be debatable if an allstar european team could compete with an allstar american team, but to compare the leagues is ****ing freak.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Ever wonder why european leagues have never had a basketball player on par with the greats throughout basketball history?

Jordan, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Russell... talent the euro leagues have never had.

Ever wonder why McAdoo said Galis was better than Bird and Magic?

Ever wonder why Barkley said Petrovic was the best foreign player in NBA history?

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:27 PM
NBA trails MLS in average attendance.

NBA is behind in terms of popularity, TV ratings, money earned:

1. NFL
2. College football
3. MLB
4. College basketball
5. NBA

And it is neck and neck with NHL in attendance also.

In Europe, hardly anyone is watching the NBA as it either comes on tape delay on some strange pay per view channels, or way late at night or early in the morning when no one can watch it.

Yeah but they have teams that can pay 25 million dollars for KB and 20 for Gasol.

Europe doesnt have money. Its not an interesting market, basket is not a very popular sport compared to others. Its a fact.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Its all about the money and in basketball America has the money. Europe cannot even compete.

Maybe it can be debatable if an allstar european team could compete with an allstar american team, but to compare the leagues is ****ing freak.

The NBA lost $1.845 billion in the last 5 years. It loses between $300-$350 million every season.

The NBA lockout is going on because the NBA will be bankrupt and cease to exist without drastic cuts to player's pay and the budgets of the teams.

Every season, between 22-24 NBA teams lose money. Last year, 23 NBA teams lost money. The NBA had to take out a $225 million bank loan last year, just so the NBA teams could pay their players.

FYI, the Euroleague netted $125 million last season.

NBA -$300 million profits
Euroleague +$125 million profits

last year.

You are right, the NBA is clearly winning in the money department.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 10:28 PM
McAdoo said

Galis

:lol

I'm curious though. In your opinion, euroleague, who are the top 10 best players in basketball history?

Rooster
11-10-2011, 10:29 PM

Kareem can still play in that league.

Who can stop his sky hook?

Sofo?

LMAO

Kareem will milk Sofo tits

And drink a coffee

Before Sofo move.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 10:30 PM
The NBA lost $1.845 billion in the last 5 years. It loses between $300-$350 million every season.

The NBA lockout is going on because the NBA will be bankrupt and cease to exist without drastic cuts to player's pay and the budgets of the teams.

Every season, between 22-24 NBA teams lose money. Last year, 23 NBA teams lost money. The NBA had to take out a $225 million bank loan last year, just so the NBA teams could pay their players.

Euroleague - +$125 million profits

last year.

I'm gonna need to see some sources cited for these figures, good sir.

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:30 PM

Ever wonder why Barkley said Petrovic was the best foreign player in NBA history?

Do u really believe that Galis was better than Magic? :lol

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM

Euroleague - +$125 million profits

last year.

So why dont clubs in Europe spend money in basketball? Why all the (lets say 50) highest paid players in the world play overseas?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah but they have teams that can pay 25 million dollars for KB and 20 for Gasol.

Europe doesnt have money. Its not an interesting market, basket is not a very popular sport compared to others. Its a fact.

First of all, under the new NBA contract those salaries will no longer exist.

Secondly..........those salaries are GROSS amounts. It's literally like half that much, counted in the European salary.

That is NOT how much the player's net. So actually, you can say Kobe makes maybe $10 million in the NBA going forward.

Of course you would have to know something about the NBA other than just marketing and hype to be able to grasp this.

Besides all of that, what is your point? Only about 4-5 teams in the entire NBA can afford to exist under the current economic system. If you really think that players will be making $25 million (or that this figure is net) then you are delusional.

As Kobe said himself, he only needed about 5.5 million euros salary in Europe (net) to equal what he would make in NBA in the years going forward. And just 7 for what he made in the old NBA CBA.

So yeah, you seriously exaggerate about how much "money" NBA has.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Do u really believe that Galis was better than Magic? :lol

Do you really believe all the bull shit you have posted in this thread?:lol

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:37 PM
So why dont clubs in Europe spend money in basketball? Why all the (lets say 50) highest paid players in the world play overseas?

Uh they don't.

Rooster
11-10-2011, 10:37 PM

LMAO. Galis.

The corpse of McAdoo dominated that league

Won the title and Final Four MVP.

Galls never won anything in Euroleague.

Kukoc was better in Europe.

But a role player in the next level

7_cody
11-10-2011, 10:39 PM
First of all, under the new NBA contract those salaries will no longer exist.

Secondly..........those salaries are GROSS amounts. It's literally like half that much, counted in the European salary.

That is NOT how much the player's net. So actually, you can say Kobe makes maybe $10 million in the NBA going forward.

Of course you would have to know something about the NBA other than just marketing and hype to be able to grasp this.

Besides all of that, what the hell is your point? Only about 4-5 teams in the entire NBA can afford to exist under the current economic system. If you really think that players will be making $25 million (or that this figure is net) then you are delusional.

As Kobe said himself, he only needed about 5.5 million euros salary in Europe (net) to equal what he would make in NBA in the years going forward. And just 7 for what he made in the old NBA CBA.

So yeah, you seriously exaggerate about how much "money" NBA has.

You don't have any sources, at all?

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Do you really believe all the bull shit you have posted in this thread?:lol

You should really answer these questions instead of just posing an irrelevant question as a response. It makes it seem like you're too butthurt to even answer. Start with this one though:

In your opinion, euroleague, who are the top 10 best players in basketball history?

Hyman
11-10-2011, 10:41 PM

Of course not

By the way european salaries, as all salaries in the world are in gross

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:42 PM
LMAO. Galis.

The corpse of McAdoo dominated that league

Won the title and Final Four MVP.

Galls never won anything in Euroleague.

Kukoc was better in Europe.

But a role player in the next level

The corpse of McAdoo said Galis was better than Bird and Magic.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:42 PM

You don't have Google. You don't have 10 seconds. You don't deserve a response.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 10:43 PM
The corpse of McAdoo said Galis was better than Bird and Magic.

Well then, it must be true. And I don't believe you. Show us the quote.

7_cody
11-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I flat out don't believe anything Euroleague is saying. He's making stuff up, left and right. Kobe did not say that 5 euros is equal to what he's making currently. What about his current endorsements?

Euroleague does bring a good point about NBA players not making what the average joe believes, but I don't agree or believe anything he's saying. His debating skills are poor, he's not backing up any of his claims.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Of course not

By the way european salaries, as all salaries in the world are in gross

No they are not genius.

Some in Spain are.

Every other European league they are net under most standards. I would not expect you to know basic facts though.

7_cody
11-10-2011, 10:45 PM

I remember Kobe saying he'd want fifty million, although I doubt he was being one hundred percent serious.

Why would I research it? You made the claim, not me, and no that quote is not findable in 10 seconds. Don't exaggerate.

Euroleague
Well then, it must be true. And I don't believe you. Show us the quote.

I don't really care if you believe it.

JohnnyWall

The onus is on you to prove that what you spew is accurate by citing some sources.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 10:46 PM
I don't really care if you believe it.

Are you saying you can't prove it then?

7_cody
11-10-2011, 10:47 PM
No they are not genius.

Some in Spain are.

Every other European league they are net. I would not expect you to know basic facts though.

Do you even know the difference between gross and net? You need to be more specific, net of what?

Are you seriously telling me that you found individual Euroleague salaries net of taxes? Net of team expenses, any other fees they might charge there?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:47 PM
I flat out don't believe anything Euroleague is saying. He's making stuff up, left and right. Kobe did not say that 5 euros is equal to what he's making currently. What about his current endorsements?

Euroleague does bring a good point about NBA players not making what the average joe believes, but I don't agree or believe anything he's saying. His debating skills are poor, he's not backing up any of his claims.

:lol :lol 'Debating skills".

You don't "debate" with people that consider the truth to be false.

7_cody
11-10-2011, 10:48 PM
:lol :lol 'Debating skills".

You don't "debate" with people that consider the truth to be false.

Then what are you doing here?

Otherwise, back up claims. Is that too much to ask for?

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:50 PM
I remember Kobe saying he'd want fifty million, although I doubt he was being one hundred percent serious.

Why would I research it? You made the claim, not me, and no that quote is not findable in 10 seconds. Don't exaggerate.

Do the math then.

Kobe's salary (old CBA) and under new CBA proposal, then take out for federal taxes, state and local taxes, take out his agent fees, take out his union dues, and take out for his retirement fund fee.

Once you get that number, convert it into euros. The salaries in Europe are net, despite the claim made to the contrary. Some salaries in ACB are not, some are, but it's standard to be net in the other leagues.

And in leagues like Russia, Turkey, Greece - every single salary is net.

It's really not rocket science, although it seems impossibly difficult for most NBA fans to grasp.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:52 PM
The onus is on you to prove that what you spew is accurate by citing some sources.

You need to prove your claims because they are bull shit. That's how it works buddy. The one telling the truth does not have to prove the truth. The one's telling lies have to prove they are not telling lies.

Which is what you are doing. Telling me to "prove" what I say because what you say is nonsense.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Show us the McAdoo quote.

In your opinion, euroleague, who are the top 10 best players in basketball history?
:sleeping

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Do you even know the difference between gross and net? You need to be more specific, net of what?

Are you seriously telling me that you found individual Euroleague salaries net of taxes? Net of team expenses, any other fees they might charge there?

I'm done with this thread. I will come back to it when there are less trolls.

7_cody
11-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Do the math then.

Kobe's salary (old CBA) and under new CBA proposal, then take out for federal taxes, state and local taxes, take out his agent fees, take out his union dues, and take out for his retirement fund fee.

Once you get that number, convert it into euros. The salaries in Europe are net, despite the claim made to the contrary. Some salaries in ACB are not, some are, but it's standard to be net in the other leagues.

And in leagues like Russia, Turkey, Greece - every single salary is net.

It's really not rocket science, although it seems impossibly difficult for most NBA fans to grasp.

No organization or individual has the resources to gather the necessary data that would be needed to find individual Euroleague salaries at net value.

We're talking net of everything, what they actually take home. That includes taxes. There's a reason why that isn't reported. No one has that data.

I don't know what tax write offs Kobe has, I don't know what investments he has, or what K-1s he might be using, I don't know how much dividend income he has, I don't even know his salary net of team expenses, how the f** would I or you be able to do the math?

You're stupid as f**. No offense.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 10:56 PM
You need to prove your claims because they are bull shit. That's how it works buddy. The one telling the truth does not have to prove the truth. The one's telling lies have to prove they are not telling lies.

Which is what you are doing. Telling me to "prove" what I say because what you say is nonsense.

I'm not making the claim. I'm saying that you haven't provided any sources for your McAdoo claim or NBA financial figures. And I'm guessing you can't because it's all bullshit you're making up on the spot.

If it's not, let's see some sources. Pretty simple.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I'll do some of euroleague's work for him. This is what McAdoo said about Galis:

"I've seen Galis doing things that I have not seen either Lakers or Celtics doing."

A far cry from euro's claim that he said Galis was a better player than Magic or Bird. :lol

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 11:00 PM
No organization or individual has the resources to gather the necessary data that would be needed to find individual Euroleague salaries at net value.

We're talking net of everything, what they actually take home. That includes taxes. There's a reason why that isn't reported. No one has that data.

I don't know what tax write offs Kobe has, I don't know what investments he has, or what K-1s he might be using, I don't know how much dividend income he has, I don't even know his salary net of team expenses, how the f** would I or you be able to do the math?

You're stupid as f**. No offense.

Another troll.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I'll do some of euroleague's work for him. This is what McAdoo said about Galis:

A far cry from euro's claim that he said Galis was a better player than Magic or Bird. :lol

That's not the quote I was talking about.

I'm talking about the one where he said Galis was the best player he ever saw or played against.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 11:02 PM
That's not the quote I was talking about.

I'm talking about the one where he said Galis was the best player he ever saw or played against.

Which apparently doesn't exist because you can't link to it.

7_cody
11-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Another troll.

How am I trolling? I'm not even close to being a troll.

You got owned. You get owned everyday. I can't even take you seriously every day. You debate by making things up. You spreading this myth that there's this elite Euroleague out there that is far superior than anything mankind has ever known, but it's just that none of us are "smart enough" to know it

I've watched your hero vspan play several games. He isn't that great. From a perspective as a Basketball fan, I can appreciate parts of his game, but he has NOTHING compared to our Superstars. Dude is a bum, relatively speaking.

Euroleague
11-10-2011, 11:09 PM
How am I trolling? I'm not even close to being a troll.

You got owned. You get owned everyday. I can't even take you seriously every day. You debate by making things up. You spreading this myth that there's this elite Euroleague out there that is far superior than anything mankind has ever known, but it's just that none of us are "smart enough" to know it

I've watched your hero vspan play several games. He isn't that great. From a perspective as a Basketball fan, I can appreciate parts of his game, but he has NOTHING compared to our Superstars. Dude is a bum, relatively speaking.

Like I said, you are a troll.

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 11:11 PM

Nuh uh, you are.

7_cody
11-10-2011, 11:13 PM

You're a dunce. You haven't offered any reliable information in this thread.

Noof
11-11-2011, 12:05 AM
This thread should be called "European League Scrubs/NBA Scrubs"

kilmor
11-11-2011, 11:15 PM
seriously Euroleague, stop trolling and BS about everything, what's with the hate on NBA??

JohnnyWall
11-11-2011, 11:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3bLin.jpg

LoneyROY7
11-11-2011, 11:32 PM
You realize that none of the players you listed are significant players (Jennings maybe) in the NBA, right?

Spanoulis, who you claim to be the best PG in Europe, couldn't get off the bench in the NBA. And when he did, it wasn't pretty.

Try again.

kentatm
11-12-2011, 12:35 AM
2. Nikoloz Skitashvili

there has never been anyone by this name in the NBA!

STOP LYING!

HylianNightmare
11-12-2011, 12:37 AM
great thread moron

MiseryCityTexas
11-12-2011, 12:40 AM

Houston Rockets got Elyiahu's rights. Sucks that he's never coming to the NBA due to his sucessful overseas career.

Simple Jack
11-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Remember when Euroleague said America wouldn't win in FIBA? Despite sending a "B" team? Only to cry later and say it was the refs who rigged it for them? :applause:

NBAller
11-16-2011, 12:12 AM

Repped.