PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker's Team In 13th Place In The French League

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 01:20 PM
The top French League (LNB Pro A) is probably somewhere around the 10th best pro basketball league in Europe.

So far, Tony Parker's team, ASVEL Basket (Lyon-Villeurbanne), is in 13th place in the French League:

French League Standings:

http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-A/200001/Derniere-journee

NBA players Hilton Armstrong (American), Dijon Thompson (American) and Ronnie Turiaf are also on the ASVEL Basket roster. Along with NCAA star Jamie Skeen (American).

ASVEL Basket's Roster:

http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-A/200005/Equipes/509/Lyon-Villeurbanne

For the people that can't read French, here is an English language confirmation for you:

French League Standings: (English)

http://www.euroleague.net/euroleaguenews/uleb/domestic-leagues/domestic-leagues-2011-2012/france

Yet another example of, "NBA players dominating Euro scrubs". As well as yet another example of, "Americans owning the leagues over there."

chains5000
11-13-2011, 01:34 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_557/1289925435Ubbr6D.jpg

Fatal9
11-13-2011, 01:34 PM
going to that league's website, this is what I see on the first page:

http://i41.tinypic.com/23r4r5y.jpg

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 01:36 PM
going to that league's website, this is what I see on the first page:

http://i41.tinypic.com/23r4r5y.jpg

Are you denying that Parker's team is in 13th place in the French League?

That is some serious domination there, leading his team to 13th place in a crappy European domestic league.

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 01:37 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_557/1289925435Ubbr6D.jpg

Are you impressed that a team with 4 NBA players on it, is in the 13th place in the French League? Seriously?

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 01:37 PM
reported
negged
one starred

reported
negged
one starred

chains5000
11-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Are you impressed that a team with 4 NBA players on it, is in the 13th place in the French League? Seriously?
I just think you take everything too seriously. We don't need threads like this or the ones Bruinlove makes.

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 01:43 PM
I just think you take everything too seriously. We don't need threads like this or the ones Bruinlove makes.

I have seen like 100 posts in this forum claiming Tony Parker is "the best point guard in Europe right now."

Strange how the "best point guard in Europe right now" can only manage 13th place in a crappy French League.

Even though he has 3 other NBA players on his team, a top level French League player on his team, and a guy that was just last year a star in the NCAA on his team.

Even though his team has by far the biggest budget of any team in the French League - 13th place.

So, are you not interested at all in truth being on the forum? Seriously......can you honestly tell me that you think that Tony Parker is "the best point guard in Europe right now", when he can only manage 13th place in French League, even on a club with a 13 million euros budget?

Jon_Koncak
11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
So what?For all i care ASVEL could lose all their games and it still wouldnt hurt Parkers status as a top 5 european player.Did you happen to watch latest eurobasket where he was a beast?Parker has nothin to prove.

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 01:46 PM
So what?For all i care ASVEL could lose all their games and it still wouldnt hurt Parkers status as a top 5 european player.Did you happen to watch latest eurobasket where he was a beast?Parker has nothin to prove.

So.....in other words, being "the best point guard in Europe right now", means just leading a team to 13th place in POS French League..........right.

If ANY non NBA player was on that team, YOU would declare him an enormous scrub.

chains5000
11-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I have seen like 100 posts in this forum claiming Tony Parker is "the best point guard in Europe right now."

Strange how the "best point guard in Europe right now" can only manage 13th place in a crappy French League.

Even though he has 3 other NBA players on his team, a top level French League player on his team, and a guy that was just last year a star in the NCAA on his team.

Even though his team has by far the biggest budget of any team in the French League - 13th place.

So, are you not interested at all in truth being on the forum? Seriously......can you honestly tell me that you think that Tony Parker is "the best point guard in Europe right now", when he can only manage 13th place in French League, even on a club with a 13 million euros budget?
You make this thread, someone makes another dumb thread.
It gets boring.

Fatal9
11-13-2011, 01:51 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/ja8fte.jpg

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 01:54 PM
You make this thread, someone makes another dumb thread.
It gets boring.

How about the forum be based on FACT and REALITY? How is that for a novel concept? Please show me one single thing that I posted that is not true in this thread.

Unlike the trolls, I am NOT making up stuff like, "Nicolas Batum GOAT in history of Europe" or whatever other BS is posted here daily.

I posted FACTS. Tony Parker's team is in 13th place in French League.

I am posting facts.

Something that for example, Grinder is basically incapable of. Where are you complaining to Grinder when he claimed here in this forum that "Besiktas is now on an 11 game winning streak"?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238852&page=4

Grinder:

Besiktas is now on an 11 game winning streak.

That's an outright lie and trolling, like almost every post he makes. I never once have seen you complain about his posts. But if I post reality, the actual REAL French League standings (with links) you feel the need to bash my post?

Strange double standard there.

Or is it considered taboo and off limits and out of bounds to mention that NBA star Parker's team is in 13th place in French League? Are we only allowed to have threads here like, "Jordan Farmar is the Chris Paul of Euroleague"?

:confusedshrug:

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 01:55 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/ja8fte.jpg

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/per-minute

Leaders, REGULAR SEASON Rank Player Team Games Minutes Average

1 SHERMADINI, GIORGI Bennet Cantu 4 66:55 0.94
2 KIRILENKO, ANDREI CSKA Moscow 4 117:04 0.92
3 CARROLL, JAYCEE Real Madrid 4 83:29 0.89
4 KRSTIC, NENAD CSKA Moscow 4 93:23 0.81
5 McCALEBB, BO Montepaschi 4 108:11 0.81
6 PEKOVIC, NIKOLA Partizan mt:s 4 104:06 0.81
7 LORBEK, ERAZEM FC Barcelona Regal 4 103:57 0.79
8 ILYASOVA, ERSAN Anadolu Efes 4 91:49 0.76
9 MICKEAL, PETE FC Barcelona Regal 4 71:03 0.76
10 BATUM, NICOLAS SLUC Nancy 4 157:44 0.75

Consider yourself owned.

ballinhun8
11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
You can dominate and still be on a crappy team.

What is so hard to comprehend?

Adrian Peterson is considered the best RB in American Football and he's a dominator yet he plays on a crappy team.

chains5000
11-13-2011, 01:59 PM
How about the forum be based on FACT and REALITY? How is that for a novel concept? Please show me one single thing that I posted that is not true in this thread.

Unlike the trolls, I am NOT making up stuff like, "Nicolas Batum GOAT in history of Europe" or whatever other BS is posted here daily.

I posted FACTS. Tony Parker's team is in 13th place in French League.

I am posting facts.

Something that for example, Grinder is basically incapable of. Where are you complaining to Grinder when he claimed here in this forum that "Besiktas has won 11 straight games"?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238852&page=4

Grinder:

That's an outright lie and trolling, like almost every post he makes. I never once have seen you complain about his posts. But if I post reality, the actual REAL French League standings (with links) you feel the need to bash my post?

Strange double standard there.

Or is it considered taboo and off limits and out of bounds to mention that NBA star Parker's team is in 13th place in French League? Are we only allowed to have threads here like, "Jordan Farmar is the Chris Paul of Euroleague"?

:confusedshrug:
I repeat, I just think this thread won't generate any good basketball conversation and will result in more crappy threads.

Fatal9
11-13-2011, 02:03 PM

Consider yourself owned.

Batum, Krstic (lol!), Kirilenko, Ilyasova in the top 10 (this is with guys who don't even play 20 minutes a game included, who get overrated by per minute stats). The rest are a bunch of players who went undrafted in the NBA. Interesting.

Your favorite player didn't even last long enough in the NBA to get a picture on his profile :roll:

http://oi41.tinypic.com/sl4rgl.jpg

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 02:04 PM
You can dominate and still be on a crappy team.

Adrian Peterson is considered the best RB in American Football and he's a dominator yet he plays on a crappy team.

There are 4 NBA players on ASVEL. They also have one of the best French League players on the roster, and in addition to that, a guy that was an NCAA star just last year on their roster.

They have by far the largest budget in the French League, at more than double that of any other team in the entire league.

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I repeat, I just think this thread won't generate any good basketball conversation and will result in more crappy threads.

I repeat, you should be complaining about all the TROLLS that cause the problem in the first place (like Grinder) and not me.

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Batum, Krstic (lol!), Kirilenko, Ilyasova in the top 10 (this is with guys who don't even play 20 minutes a game included, who get overrated by per minute stats). The rest are a bunch of players who went undrafted in the NBA. Interesting.

Georgi Shermadini leads the Euroleague. NOT any NBA player. OWNED.

These are not adjusted stats genius. Nothing like the NBA stats. The more minutes you play, the higher this stat will be smart guy. Of course you do not want to know that, since Batum plays 40 minutes per game.

Rubio, Jennings. Euroleague scrubs that were drafted in the lotto by the NBA. Interesting.

chains5000
11-13-2011, 02:08 PM
I repeat, you should be complaining about all the TROLLS that cause the problem (like Grinder) and not me.
You don't help. At all.

wakencdukest
11-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Has Dijon Thompson ever actually played an NBA game? Armstrong, Turiaf, Skeen? these guys are scrubs, no wonder they aren't doing shit.

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 02:17 PM
You don't help. At all.

Wrong. What does not help is that knowledgeable European posters like you allow this trolling to go on and never argue with it.

I never see you or any other European ever question posts like, "Jordan Farmar is the Magic Johnson of Euroleague", or "Deron Williams is the best player in the history of Europe."

In fact, I normally see agreement.

I am not the problem here and you know it. You are just too afraid to call out the trolling for what it is.

Nick Young is an easy target, but he is one of about 50 here that are doing equally as bad trolling about European basketball.

And then I get lumped in the same category with them, even though I am NOT trolling. I am always posting facts and things that can be verified, yet I am labeled a troll, along with people posting things like, "Batum is the Larry Bird of Euroleague".

7_cody
11-13-2011, 02:20 PM

These are not adjusted stats genius. Nothing like the NBA stats. The more minutes you play, the higher this stat will be smart guy. Of course you do not want to know that, since Batum plays 40 minutes per game.

Rubio, Jennings. Euroleague scrubs that were drafted in the lotto by the NBA. Interesting.

Every franchise has millions of dollars of payroll allocated to professional basketball scouts. The professional basketball scouts, employees that work full time, 40 hours a week doing mainly one thing -- SCOUTING prospective ballers, decided that VSpan was worthy of a late second round draft pick. In fact, all 30 teams, with at least 3 scouts each, so say a minimum of 90 scouts decided that VSpan, who you consider the best Euroleague player ever, should be a late second round pick.

That's pretty pathetic when your best player can't even get drafted in the first round.

Another thing that's pathetic is that you can't realize that concept of drafting someone on POTENTIAL. Look it up. Do some studying. Start with the dictionary.

7_cody
11-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Wrong. What does not help is that knowledgeable European posters like you allow this trolling to go on and never argue with it.

I never see you or any other European ever question posts like, "Jordan Farmar is the Magic Johnson of Euroleague", or "Deron Williams is the best player in the history of Europe."

In fact, I normally see agreement.

I am not the problem here and you know it. You are just too afraid to call out the trolling for what it is.

Nick Young is an easy target, but he is one of about 50 here that are doing equally as bad trolling about European basketball.

And then I get lumped in the same category with them, even though I am NOT trolling. I am always posting facts and things that can be verified, yet I am labeled a troll, along with people posting things like, "Batum is the Larry Bird of Euroleague".

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Because you're the only idiot that believes this myth that there is some secret league called the Euroleague that is far superior to the NBA. Everyone else knows where the best players really are.

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Has Dijon Thompson ever actually played an NBA game? Armstrong, Turiaf, Skeen? these guys are scrubs, no wonder they aren't doing shit.

The NBA "superstar" and "best point guard in Europe right now" Tony Parker can't lead them by himself?

According to this whole forum, Tony Parker was going to "dominate all the Euro scrubs by himself."

Also, according to this forum, Armstrong and Turiaf were going to "dominate".

This forum said that Armstrong would be "the greatest center in the history of Europe", that he would average "30/15 a game".

Just recently the forum claimed that "with Parker and Turiaf on the same team they will win every game by 40 points in the crappy league over there."

Now all of a sudden it is, "those guys are scrubs, of course they suck."

Once again, I am not the troll, and I am not the problem in this forum.

And it's funny how we are told that every single NBA player is better than every single player in Europe, but then the same people come back with, "those guys are scrubs of course they suck in Europe." The level of hypocrisy by the trolls in this forum is truly astonishing.

7_cody
11-13-2011, 02:23 PM
The NBA "superstar" and "best point guard in Europe right now" Tony Parker can't lead them by himself?

According to this whole forum, Tony Parker was going to "dominate all the Euro scrubs by himself."

This forum said that Armstrong would be "the greatest center in the history of Europe", that he would average "30/15 a game".

Just recently the forum claimed that "with Parker and Turia on the same team they will win every game by 40 points in the crappy league over there."

So everyone that said Parker would be one of the best players overseas was correct, then. What's your point? No one ever said that one player can guarantee a winning season.

Euroleague
11-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Has Dijon Thompson ever actually played an NBA game?

Yes.

7_cody
11-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes.

He's played at least one game!! Man, he should be dominating. He's like better than LeBron OMFG!!!!?!?!!!

wakencdukest
11-13-2011, 02:33 PM

Just recently the forum claimed that "with Parker and Turiaf on the same team they will win every game by 40 points in the crappy league over there."

And it's funny how we are told that every single NBA player is better than every single player in Europe, but then the same people come back with, "those guys are scrubs of course they suck in Europe." The level of hypocrisy by the trolls in this forum is truly astonishing.

Hey dipshit, this is the first time I've ever responded to one of your posts. It is obvious to any intelligent person that guys that can barely produce in the NBA, are not going to dominate in Europe. It's common sense. But you are over here trying to call these guys NBA players and use them as a representation of how bad the NBA is. You need to calm down.

Jon_Koncak
11-13-2011, 02:37 PM

are you saying that Shermadini is the best player of Euroleague?

TimmyDuncan
11-13-2011, 03:23 PM
I actuallly watched some of the ASVEL games. Some facts :
- The team record is 2-4 and Parker hasn't played or trained with the team before the 2nd game and Turiaf before 5th game
- Ronny Turiaf is back from a hand injury and is not playing well so far
- Hilton Armstrong is just a crappy player even in French league and ASVEL has one of the worst front court even in French league so far. Parker can't solve that
- They played against teams that had a good record last year. SLUC that is an euroleague team + Batum. Le Havre + Mahinmi (who is very good for the french league)

Parker is the best player in French league and has been elected player of the month
He also lead French National team to the euro final and was the best player outside of Gasol

TimmyDuncan
11-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Their 4 loss are against :
- Last year champ + Batum
- Last year 2nd with Turiaf not playing
- Last year 5th with Parker and Turiaf not playing
- Last year 12th + Mahinmi

Outside of the last one, theirs defeats were against good team for French level

kentatm
11-13-2011, 03:43 PM

you are either troll or a complete moron

which is it?

PTB Fan
11-13-2011, 03:57 PM
http://oi41.tinypic.com/sl4rgl.jpg

:roll: :roll:

chains5000
11-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Parker is the best player in French league and has been elected player of the month
He also lead French National team to the euro final and was the best player outside of Gasol and Navarro
Fixed

Rooster
11-13-2011, 05:14 PM

Leaders, REGULAR SEASON Rank Player Team Games Minutes Average

1 SHERMADINI, GIORGI Bennet Cantu 4 66:55 0.94
2 KIRILENKO, ANDREI CSKA Moscow 4 117:04 0.92
3 CARROLL, JAYCEE Real Madrid 4 83:29 0.89
4 KRSTIC, NENAD CSKA Moscow 4 93:23 0.81
5 McCALEBB, BO Montepaschi 4 108:11 0.81
6 PEKOVIC, NIKOLA Partizan mt:s 4 104:06 0.81
7 LORBEK, ERAZEM FC Barcelona Regal 4 103:57 0.79
8 ILYASOVA, ERSAN Anadolu Efes 4 91:49 0.76
9 MICKEAL, PETE FC Barcelona Regal 4 71:03 0.76
10 BATUM, NICOLAS SLUC Nancy 4 157:44 0.75
Consider yourself owned.

Holy crap

It's funny enough that Kirilenko and

Superman Batum is dominating Euroleague

But when you have group of waterboys doing it

It's getting hysterical.

Krstic, Ilyasova, McCalleb, Lorbek, Carroll

By the minutes

LMAO

These guys are more productive

Then passing towels in NBA and college.

Only in Euroleague

FTW.

Rooster
11-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Have you seen this scrub.

LMAO

Dijon Thompson

Is one of the reason

UCLA missed March Madness twice

Obscure scrub

Even if he do great things in Europe

No one will dig him up from obscurity

Unless you are Euro ball junkie.

Who think Jaycee Carroll got game.

FTW.

joe
11-13-2011, 05:59 PM
I wonder if there's someone in Europe arguing that the MLS is better than the premiere league?

TimmyDuncan
11-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I wonder if there's someone in Europe arguing that the MLS is better than the premiere league?

:oldlol:
Should be something like that:
You liar, this forum said that Henry should score 3 goals per game and Beckham 3 assists per game. They are not even scoring as much than in premiere league
The level of trolling on this forum is uncontrollable

11-14-2011, 06:20 AM
It's only the beginning of the season.

That's unfair to assume just because you have NBA playersthat the teams they play for will immediately be undefeated while they are averaging 25 ppg, 8 apg, and 8 rpg.

OmniStrife
11-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Luring in other trolls is still trolling dumbass. :facepalm

Go Getter
11-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Barry Sanders was the best back in the NFL for years and his team never contended for a Super Bowl.

Nero Tulip
11-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Euroleague you're such an idiot. There have been only 6 games, and the ones they lost were generally against the better teams (by French standard, our league kinda sucks).

For those who are interested in knowing the truth, Parker is actually doing great, he just had one bad game. And he was one of the best players in the European championships this summer, the best PG in the competition actually. Euroleague is just full of shit as usual.

Euroleague
11-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Their 4 loss are against :
- Last year champ + Batum
- Last year 2nd with Turiaf not playing
- Last year 5th with Parker and Turiaf not playing
- Last year 12th + Mahinmi

Outside of the last one, theirs defeats were against good team for French level

All considered below average or even scrub teams by Euroleague standards.

Euroleague
11-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Have you seen this scrub.

LMAO

Dijon Thompson

Is one of the reason

UCLA missed March Madness twice

Obscure scrub

Even if he do great things in Europe

No one will dig him up from obscurity

Unless you are Euro ball junkie.

Who think Jaycee Carroll got game.

FTW.

Yeah good enough to make the NBA in 2 different seasons.

Euroleague
11-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Fixed

Originally Posted by TimmyDuncan
He also lead French National team to the euro final and was the best player outside of Gasol and Navarro and McCalebb.

FIXED

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Tony isn't even trying on the court, he just went to Europe to get his pick of the French birds.

Euroleague
11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Tony isn't even trying on the court, he just went to Europe to get his pick of the French birds.

Strange, according to this forum's predictions, a "not trying" Parker would lead his team to the championship, not to 13th place.

Euroleague
11-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Euroleague you're such an idiot. There have been only 6 games, and the ones they lost were generally against the better teams (by French standard, our league kinda sucks).

For those who are interested in knowing the truth, Parker is actually doing great, he just had one bad game. And he was one of the best players in the European championships this summer, the best PG in the competition actually. Euroleague is just full of shit as usual.

Nope. Bo McCalebb.

Rooster
11-15-2011, 04:13 AM
Nope. Bo McCalebb.

Bo McCalleb

A scrub who can't even see a daylight

In the summer league.

If there any silver lining for scrub

Who can't make it to the NBA

Is that they can shine the next day.

In Euroleague

Bo can do.