PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams the best player in Turkish league history after just 2 months

Nick Young
11-17-2011, 09:36 PM
After only two months, Deron Williams has proved himself as the greatest basketball player in Turkish league history.

For the record, Turkish league is behind only ACB league and Greek League and is a top 3 basketball league in Europe.

After a slow start, Deron has gone back to his predicted dominant self and has lead his scrub teammates to 10 wins in a row and first place in Turkish league over amazing teams such as Galatazeray and Fener. Basically Deron destroyed these elite Euroleague teams by himself because his teammates such so much.

Deron is leading his team to Euroleague. I don't think I have ever seen a player this dominant in Europe, not even Scalabrine or Morrison or Scola have had this level of dominance.

ConanRulesNBC
11-17-2011, 09:38 PM
I love Deron Williams.

Blue&Orange
11-17-2011, 09:42 PM
because his teammates such so much.

Miss South Carolina?

abuC
11-17-2011, 09:53 PM
After only two months, Deron Williams has proved himself as the greatest basketball player in Turkish league history.

For the record, Turkish league is behind only ACB league and Greek League and is a top 3 basketball league in Europe.

After a slow start, Deron has gone back to his predicted dominant self and has lead his scrub teammates to 10 wins in a row and first place in Turkish league over amazing teams such as Galatazeray and Fener. Basically Deron destroyed these elite Euroleague teams by himself because his teammates such so much.

Deron is leading his team to Euroleague. I don't think I have ever seen a player this dominant in Europe, not even Scalabrine or Morrison or Scola have had this level of dominance.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maga_1
11-17-2011, 09:56 PM

Bold 1: Are you sure about top 3 league? ahah

Bold 2: Galatasary and Fener elite Euroleague teams? ahah

sundizz
11-17-2011, 10:50 PM
This thread must of just gotten up a few minutes ago...i don't see EuroTrash anywhere on it yet.

305Baller
11-17-2011, 11:09 PM

good to see him back on track. he looked weak early as he adjusted.

ZenMaster
11-17-2011, 11:41 PM

This.

And DW is somewhere between the 1st and 3rd best point guard in the world, he should be dominating, just like he does in the NBA.

StroShow4
11-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Blatant trolling, but the thread will remain because the scalabrine/ammo dominance line litterally had me laughing out loud. :oldlol:

Derrick
11-18-2011, 12:05 AM
http://www.redsarmy.com/.a/6a01156f2c3287970c0147e3cecdcf970b-320wi

u mad euroleague?

ZenMaster
11-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Blatant trolling, but the thread will remain because the scalabrine/ammo dominance line litterally had me laughing out loud. :oldlol:

Stupid people are OK as long as they're stupid enough.

305Baller
11-18-2011, 12:09 AM
This is sports. Stupid is the norm.

Nick Young
11-18-2011, 06:08 AM
ALSO Deron matched up against Spanoulis-the best Euro PG aNDF SHUT HIM DOWN FOR 0 POINTS WHILE PUTTING UP 25 HIMSELF

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I laughed for a good 5 minutes about Turkish League being the third best league in Europe. More like 10th.

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 05:09 PM
ALSO Deron matched up against Spanoulis-the best Euro PG aNDF SHUT HIM DOWN FOR 0 POINTS WHILE PUTTING UP 25 HIMSELF

You never know when to stop do you?

http://www.redplanet.gr/basket/nikhse-me-triada-fwtia.1400340.html

Very good Marko Keselj (10p) in the first half of the game, Mantzaris excellent job on Williams.

The game

Olympiacos had a starting five of Vangelis Mantzaris, Vassilis Spanoulis, Marko Keselj, Pero Antic and Lazaros Papadopoulos. The young guard [Mantzaris] played at point guard. Red-Bill [Spanoulis] played at the 2. Regarding the roster, Ivkovic left out Matt Howard. Knocked out of the game with injuries were Michalis Pelekanos and Kalin Lucas, who had already returned to Athens.

With the starters Keselj

At the start of the game, Vangelis Mantzaris was not afraid of Deron Williams and the Greek guard played excellent defense on the American guard. Georgios Printezis made the score 6-11 for Olympiacos in the fifth minute of the game. Then the Reds suffered an injury, as Pero Antic got a cut near his eye. Vassilis Spanoulis was charged with three early fouls, so Ivkovic benched him for the remainder. Marko Keselj led the Greek team in the first quarter, which found Piraeus leading by a score of 19-21. The Serbian forward scored 10 points on 2/3 three-pointers. Dusan Ivkovic was upset with the physicality of the game, and received a technical foul for complaining.

The Legend took and kept the lead

In the second quarter, Olympiacos took advantage on offense with Kyle Hines and Martynas Gecevicius. The Reds continued to hold the lead (27-30) at the 13th minute. Kostas Papanikolaou's score and foul made it 33-41. Then Deron Williams took control of the Turkish team by scoring 4 consecutive points to cut Besiktas' deficit to (37-42). At the end of the first half, The Reds led by eight points (41-49).

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 05:12 PM

TBL being one of the top 3 leagues in Europe is comical. And Fener and Gala being "elite Euroleague teams"......................

:roll:

Clutch
11-18-2011, 05:16 PM
I laughed for a good 5 minutes about Turkish League being the third best league in Europe. More like 10th.
Then name me 9 better domestic/regional leagues.
ACB is the only one unarguably better,maybe Greek league also.

Italy,Adriatic,France... it's all arguable

pegasus
11-18-2011, 05:17 PM
TBL being one of the top 3 leagues in Europe is comical. And Fener and Gala being "elite Euroleague teams"......................

It's at least one of the top-4. Only Spanish, Greek, and Italian leagues are as good or better.

And those two teams, along with Efes, are amongst the "good" Euroleague teams. Are they a lock for the Final-Four? No. Can they make it? Yes.

HurricaneKid
11-18-2011, 05:23 PM

So is Darius Washington a Deity? He is avg more points, asst, higher effic with a higher FT%, 2pt%, 3pt% for the year and completely outplayed DWill head to head.

This is the Darius Wash that couldn't crack the NBA.

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Then name me 9 better domestic/regional leagues.
ACB is the only one unarguably better,maybe Greek league also.

Italy,Adriatic,France... it's all arguable

You got to be freaking kidding me.

Spain
Greece
Italy
Russia
Adriatic
United
Euroleague
Eurocup

That's 8 leagues in Europe that are better than TBL

That puts TBL as the #9 league in Europe.

Then you have France, Germany, Turkey. About in the same level. But honestly, the German and French leagues are deeper and the lower teams are better. But the TBL is better at the top.

Then there are leagues like Belgium, Baltic, EuroChallenge, Israel, Ukraine, Cyprus..leagues like that, of which Belgium is probably the best. Then you have the really POS leagues like Dutch, Serbia, Croatia, Slovena, Estonia, Latvia and such.

And at the bottom of Europe are the scraps of British, Portugal, Georgia and leagues like that.

I'm sorry, but TBL is around #9-11 in Europe.

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 05:27 PM
It's at least one of the top-4. Only Spanish, Greek, and Italian leagues are as good or better.

And those two teams, along with Efes, are amongst the "good" Euroleague teams. Are they a lock for the Final-Four? No. Can they make it? Yes.

You NBA only fans pretending to be experts on European basketball are really amusing.

No Turkish team is a good Euroleague team genius. Efes was YEARS ago. They are not now. And that's pretty much it. They had a good team years ago in Euroleague.

Efes and Fener make top 16 of Euroleague and it was a good year.

Clutch
11-18-2011, 05:30 PM
You got to be freaking kidding me.

Spain
Greece
Italy
Russia
Adriatic
United
Euroleague
Eurocup

That's 8 leagues in Europe that are without any question better than TBL. Not even close to being a discussion.

That puts TBL at best as the #9 league in Europe.

Then you have France, Germany, Turkey. About in the same level. But honestly, the German and French leagues are deeper and the lower teams are better. But the TBL is better at the top.

Then there are leagues like Belgium, Baltic, EuroChallenge, Israel, Ukraine, Cyprus..leagues like that, of which Belgium is probably the best. Then you have the really POS leagues like Dutch, Serbia, Croatia, Slovena, Estonia, Latvia and such.

And at the bottom of Europe are the scraps of British, Portugal, Georgia and leagues like that.

I'm sorry, but TBL is around #9-11 in Europe.
First of all,Euroleague and Eurocup don't count.
It's like saying that Spanish or English football (soccer) league isn't the best because there's Champions league.
So that's 6 leagues.Adriatic league is arguable.Other than Maccabi and Partizan there isn't one quality team in it.
Yeah,Zagreb and Union Olimpija play in the Euroleague but they are more like punching bags than teams who can really compete with anyone.

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 05:32 PM
First of all,Euroleague and Eurocup don't count.
It's like saying that Spanish or English football (soccer) league isn't the best because there's Champions league.
So that's 6 leagues.Adriatic league is arguable.Other than Maccabi and Partizan there isn't one quality team in it.
Yeah,Zagreb and Union Olimpija play in the Euroleague but they are more like punching bags than teams who can really compete with anyone.

You said regional smart guy. Those are regional leagues in case you didn't get it.

It's true that Adriatic League is garbage in a lot of ways. But it still has better teams at the bottom IMO.

And really..........

Efes, Fener, Gala, Turk, Besiktas that's not that good to have 5 teams that are either mediocre Euroleague level or lower, even much lower, and then a bunch of teams that really suck.

Regardless, I would still take even scrub teams in Italy and Greece over even top half teams in TBL.

Honestly, take the 10-13 team from Greece and they are just as good as a top 5-6 team in TBL.

It's just not that good of a league.

Seriously..........you can easily make an argument that French and German Leagues are as good or better, because they have much more depth.

Clutch
11-18-2011, 05:34 PM
You said regional smart guy. Those are regional leagues in case you didn't get it.
I said regional just because of the Adriatic league.
In any case,you can't count Euroleague and Eurocup.Turkish clubs play in it.

So,that's 6 leagues at best.

pegasus
11-18-2011, 05:42 PM
You NBA only fans pretending to be experts on European basketball are really amusing.

No Turkish team is a good Euroleague team genius. Efes was YEARS ago. They are not now. And that's pretty much it. They had a good team years ago in Euroleague.

Efes and Fener make top 16 of Euroleague and it was a good year.

I have lived in three different countries in Europe and always followed Euroleague. And guess what, one of those counties was Turkey (Istanbul).

Efes, Ulker (now Fenerbahce), Tofas (until 2000) were always very good in European competitions.

Now with the emergence of Galatasaray, Besiktas, and other teams like Turk Telekom, new Tofas, Banvit, and Karsiyaka, TBL is definitely in the top-4.

Anyways, here is a team that you should be more concerned about:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPID=2421&SPSID=30746

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 05:44 PM
I said regional just because of the Adriatic league.
In any case,you can't count Euroleague and Eurocup.Turkish clubs play in it.

So,that's 6 leagues at best.

Wow, so the 7th best league.

I will give you this though, I would probably rate TBL over Adriatic if Maccabi did not play in it.

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I have lived in three different countries in Europe and always followed Euroleague. And guess what, one of those counties was Turkey (Istanbul).

Efes, Ulker (now Fenerbahce), Tofas (until 2000) were always very good in European competitions.

Now with the emergence of Galatasaray, Besiktas, and other teams like Turk Telekom, new Tofas, Banvit, and Karsiyaka, TBL is definitely in the top-4.

No it's not.

Clutch
11-18-2011, 05:49 PM

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPID=2421&SPSID=30746
:roll: :roll: :roll:

PTB Fan
11-18-2011, 05:51 PM

SyRyanYang
11-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Isn't the center of his team who played for Celtics last year?

Grinder
11-18-2011, 06:15 PM
:lol @ people still rating the Greek league with any sort of respectability this year.

There's 1 great team, Panathinaikos, and one average Euroleague team, Olympiacos. Every other team in that league is a complete joke. Both Greek teams lost handily in Eurocup. Olympiacos and Panathinaikos are head and shoulders above the rest of the shitty teams in that league. The same Olympiacos team that lost to the 10th place team in the ACB.

Best national leagues:
1. Spain
2. Russia/Italy
3. Turkey

Euroleague
11-18-2011, 06:46 PM
:lol @ people still rating the Greek league with any sort of respectability this year.

There's 1 great team, Panathinaikos, and one average Euroleague team, Olympiacos. Every other team in that league is a complete joke. Both Greek teams lost handily in Eurocup. Olympiacos and Panathinaikos are head and shoulders above the rest of the shitty teams in that league. The same Olympiacos team that lost to the 10th place team in the ACB.

Best national leagues:
1. Spain
2. Russia/Italy
3. Turkey

You are the single biggest idiot in this forum.

You are the same moron that claimed Olympiacos had a 8 million euros budget. What you know about anything related to Greek League is what you read at interbasket yet you are too damn stupid to be able to grasp that interbasket is full of PAO and Aris trolls.

Damn you are an idiot. You basically read crap at interbasket (posted by people like Nick Young) and then take that as a fact.

It's pathetic that you can't go look at TBL games online and then GBL games online and actually compare the level of the two leagues. Instead you have to troll like such a douche bag and act like you are an expert and know it all and everyone else is a troll.

Greek League teams are way better coached, play much better defense, are much more physical, run pick and roll way better, and they have much more discipline in their sets and designs.

If you really think TBL is better than GBL then you are simply retarded.

Grinder
11-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Considering you live in Arkansas and have no way of watching Greek league games, your opinion means jackshit to me or anyone else on this forum for that matter.

abuC
11-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Considering you live in Arkansas and have no way of watching Greek league games, your opinion means jackshit to me or anyone else on this forum for that matter.

Wait, Euroleague is from Arkansas????

mattvNJ
11-18-2011, 07:50 PM
yah hes a ****ing retard^^ I mean i get he knows his shit.... but he has an excuse for every little thing and a argument for everything even when no one is arguing hell start one lol.

zizozain
11-19-2011, 01:23 AM

Best national leagues:
1. Spain
2. Russia/Italy
3. Turkey

this

and lol @ Euroleague and Eurocup are domestic leagues

alenleomessi
11-19-2011, 02:35 AM
soo....
deron is the best in turkey
morrison/pekovic in balkan
batum/parker in france
AK in russia

all nba players... damn it must be hard for 'Euroleague' nowadays

Hyman
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Turkish league is nowadays much much better than Freak league.

Freak league this year really sucks. It only has one good team, Panathinaikos.

Olympiacos this season is not even a top european team and the rest of the teams arent able even to make the first round of secondary european competitions.

Top 4 leagues in Europe have to be Spain, Italy, Russia and Turkey.

Top Russian and Turkish teams are better than italian, but the lower italian teams are better.

As for Freak league teams, anything away from Olympiacos and Panathinaikos is pathethic. They are half amateur teams which most of them have no more than 200 supporters in their courts.

To give an idea of the level and competitiveness in Freak league, Panathinaikos has won it for 10 years in a row! Is as real as sad

brownmamba00
11-19-2011, 03:22 PM
DWill is not the best player in TBL history.

Bigsmoke
11-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I love Deron Williams.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/davidmonatlik/deron-williams-illinois.jpg

great times

Hyman
11-19-2011, 03:30 PM
DWill is not the best player in TBL history.

No he has to prove it yet.

But in 10 games he has proved to be the current best player of TBL

swi7ch
11-19-2011, 03:37 PM
any league outside the nba is inferior so this is no surprise

brownmamba00
11-19-2011, 03:55 PM
No he has to prove it yet.

But in 10 games he has proved to be the current best player of TBL
Agreed

Nick Young
11-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Wow, so the 7th best league.

I will give you this though, I would probably rate TBL over Adriatic if Maccabi did not play in it.
Euro CP3 Farmar singlehandedly raising Adriatic league to a level of respectability:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Maga_1
11-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Euro CP3 Farmar singlehandedly raising Adriatic league to a level of respectability:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

???

Euroleague
11-20-2011, 03:26 PM
This forum continues to brag endlessly about how Deron Williams has, "already been officially declared the greatest player in the history of Europe."

It's strange that, "the greatest player of all time in Europe", manages to only be 16th in scoring in the THIRD TIER European competition.

Proof: ---> http://www.fibaeurope.com/default.asp?cid=%7B5179A822-D4B1-4476-AD04-EDBC445D6DC6%7D&pageID=%7BB781352D-EA28-451A-A6E1-BE640C86BD0F%7D&compID=%7B2E2A856E-5145-4FAF-9015-20D68C64CB01%7D&statCat=PTS

You would think that "the greatest player to ever set foot on the continent", could manage to be better than the number 16 scorer of the third level competition............

You would also think that, "the most dominant European player of all time", would be able to shoot higher than 40% from the field in the third tier EuroChallenge. Yet, that's what "Europe's GOAT" shoots in the competition.

Proof: ---> http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.teamID_3136.compID_BYg5 Rb55Jw-G5I3MZ6JB01.season_2012.roundID_8593.playerID_4457 3.html

This is all very weird. :confusedshrug:

Nick Young
11-20-2011, 03:55 PM
This forum continues to brag endlessly about how Deron Williams has, "already been officially declared the greatest player in the history of Europe."

It's strange that, "the greatest player of all time in Europe", manages to only be 16th in scoring in the THIRD TIER European competition.

Proof: ---> http://www.fibaeurope.com/default.asp?cid=%7B5179A822-D4B1-4476-AD04-EDBC445D6DC6%7D&pageID=%7BB781352D-EA28-451A-A6E1-BE640C86BD0F%7D&compID=%7B2E2A856E-5145-4FAF-9015-20D68C64CB01%7D&statCat=PTS

You would think that "the greatest player to ever set foot on the continent", could manage to be better than the number 16 scorer of the third level competition............

You would also think that, "the most dominant European player of all time", would be able to shoot higher than 40% from the field in the third tier EuroChallenge. Yet, that's what "Europe's GOAT" shoots in the competition.

Proof: ---> http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.teamID_3136.compID_BYg5 Rb55Jw-G5I3MZ6JB01.season_2012.roundID_8593.playerID_4457 3.html

This is all very weird. :confusedshrug:
stop trolling with this spam, no one called him the greatest player of all time in Europe, that would be Anthony Parker or Luis Scola, both products of great American basketball systems.

Euroleague
11-20-2011, 04:02 PM
stop trolling with this spam, no one called him the greatest player of all time in Europe, that would be Anthony Parker or Luis Scola, both products of great American basketball systems.

Yeah, Luis Scola is an American basketball product alright...

And YOU said he was the GOAT in Europe numerous times.

Besides that, Parker and Scola are nowhere near being the GOAT in Europe. Not even close. I've never even heard any European basketball fan even mention them for that discussion.

ZenMaster
11-20-2011, 04:24 PM

Luis Scola a product of American basketball?

Bandito
11-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Dude he's from the Argentina basketball world. Just like Ginobili WTF are you talking about:lol

Proof: ---> http://www.fibaeurope.com/default.as...7D&statCat=PTS

Proof: ---> http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...D_4457 3.html

This is all very weird.
Also he's dishing 7 assists per game, that is why his scoring is ony 18 ppg. If he decided to be selfish he could get 25 ppg (the top player average) easily.

The top player is averaging like 25 3 and 6 (or something like that) that is like Kobe's number last year and he was barely top 5 in the league. And were talking about the top player being from an american system because he looks american to me with that name Michael Roll LOL.

Euroleague
11-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Dude he's from the Argentina basketball world. Just like Ginobili WTF are you talking about:lol

Also he's dishing 7 assists per game, that is why his scoring is ony 18 ppg. If he decided to be selfish he could get 25 ppg (the top player average) easily.

The top player is averaging like 25 3 and 6 (or something like that) that is like Kobe's number last year and he was barely top 5 in the league. And were talking about the top player being from an american system because he looks american to me with that name Michael Roll LOL.

18 points - 7 assists a game (25 points a game you claim he COULD get) in something like the 10-12 best league in Europe? And I am supposed to be impressed by that?

Nick Young
11-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Luis Scola a product of American basketball?
Yep, he's South American, that's where he learned to play basketball.

Nick Young
11-20-2011, 10:19 PM

WHAT THE SHIT!!!! MICHAEL ROLL IS DOMINATING EUROPE NOW? THE SAME SCRUB WHO WAS THE 10TH MAN ON UCLA A FEW YEARS AGO?
THAT FAT UNATHLETIC PURE JUMPSHOOTER IS THE BEST PLAYER IN TURKEY?

This is a joke it just gets better and better

mattvNJ
11-20-2011, 10:28 PM
http://bruinhoops.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/mikeroll.jpg

GOAT :cheers:

Nick Young
11-20-2011, 10:33 PM
http://bruinhoops.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/mikeroll.jpg

GOAT :cheers:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Hyman
11-20-2011, 10:46 PM
18 points - 7 assists a game (25 points a game you claim he COULD get) in something like the 10-12 best league in Europe? And I am supposed to be impressed by that?

Stop trolling. The turkish league is probably the third best league in Europe.

And Deron Williams is walking into that league

Maga_1
11-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Yep, he's South American, that's where he learned to play basketball.

Played 3 years in Argentina just, then he went to Spain.
Nice try tho :oldlol:

Nick Young
11-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Played 3 years in Argentina just, then he went to Spain.
Nice try tho :oldlol:
Lol born in America, learned his fundamentals. He is as European as Bo McCalleb, stop trying to claim him as a euro:roll:

ZenMaster
11-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Lol born in America, learned his fundamentals. He is as European as Bo McCalleb, stop trying to claim him as a euro:roll:

Are you still claiming players from other continents as "yours"?:oldlol:

Maga_1
11-21-2011, 01:42 PM

He started playing at age 15 and went to 3rd division club in Spain with 18.
But again, nice try :lol

brownmamba00
11-21-2011, 01:56 PM
WHAT THE SHIT!!!! MICHAEL ROLL IS DOMINATING EUROPE NOW? THE SAME SCRUB WHO WAS THE 10TH MAN ON UCLA A FEW YEARS AGO?
THAT FAT UNATHLETIC PURE JUMPSHOOTER IS THE BEST PLAYER IN TURKEY?

This is a joke it just gets better and better

He doesn't play in Turkey moron. He's playing in Belgium which is a bad L.

I too was mocking the shit out of the Euroleague but retarded homo's like you take the fun out of it.

Seriously go kill yourself along with your other 100 accounts you low life fukk

Nick Young
11-21-2011, 02:02 PM
He doesn't play in Turkey moron. He's playing in Belgium which is a bad L.

I too was mocking the shit out of the Euroleague but retarded homo's like you take the fun out of it.

Seriously go kill yourself along with your other 100 accounts you low life fukk
y so mad brah? I justy got 1 account son, y so mad?

brownmamba00
11-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Not mad just tired of seeing all the butt****ing that goes around here between the euro's and you /no homo. And you know the van Persie avy

Nick Young
11-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Sorry but for me it is still hilarious and a good source of comedy in my life, when it stops being funny I will stop these threads, but every time I hear a guy like Jordan Farmar or Josh Shipp is a Euroleague star it just gets me every time:roll:

and Scalabrine 66% from 3 pointers, it can't be real but it is:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebron23
01-23-2012, 11:00 PM
He should have stayed in Turkey. At least he has the chance to win a title in the Turkish League. Kyrie Irving is gonna be better than you in the next 2 years.