PDA

View Full Version : Is there really any fan here that wouldn't want James on their team?

Andrei89
11-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Don't be ridiculous :lol

Hate on him in whatever manner you appeal to find pleasing. But hating on him by saying you would never want him on your team is just plain atrociuous :roll:

StroShow4
11-18-2011, 07:30 PM

You're asking waaay too much of many ISHiots.

Andrei89
11-18-2011, 07:32 PM

I understand the hate you know. "He choked"...ok yes he did

"he does not have the mentality". Well alright, maybe he doesn't.

But these days it's

"He can't beat a 50 year old Jordan 1 v1 " and "I would never want him on my team"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

what in the hell happened to ISH?

305Baller
11-18-2011, 07:37 PM

Hate on him in whatever manner you appeal to find pleasing. But hating on him by saying you would never want him on your team is just plain atrociuous :roll:

http://www.access-jesus.com/images/who-cares-about-me.jpg

Yung D-Will
11-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Define "Want"

I might want him as a player but I wouldn't want the things he comes with

1. Drama
2. Bandwagons like Pauk/Lebron 23 ext
3. Utah being in the spotlight ( Like when we're just succesful but no one talks about us)
4. I'd hate for Utah to suddenly become the most hated team by all the Lebron haters.

If we had a YOUNG Jerry Sloan he's the only one who would be able to handle this.

DFish
11-18-2011, 07:58 PM
You mean if he were the only option and he was given to the team? Sure. But there are many other players in the league that I would want ahead of LeBron.

HurricaneKid
11-18-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm just going to sit here and watch people say stupid things.

I'm a Bucks Fan. I'd give my left arm for LBJ.

SourGrapes
11-18-2011, 08:05 PM
i don't want him on the lakers. he's very good at what he does...

i just value other things more

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Anyone saying they wouldn't want him playing for their team is lying to themselves.

DFish
11-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Anyone saying they wouldn't want him playing for their team is lying to themselves.

I wouldn't decline having LeBron, but there are other options that I'd take ahead of him.

AirGauge23
11-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Let's ask Cavs fans.

Andrei89
11-18-2011, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't decline having LeBron, but there are other options that I'd take ahead of him.

You just said that 3 posts before.

The point is, you would greet Lebron with open arms to your team if he would come. In fact you would go dancing in front of the monitor if you found out he did.

Maybe you would want D-12 better, but the hypothetical situations is "why you people pretending you wouldn't want Lebron on your team?"

Andrei89
11-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Let's ask Cavs fans.

Pretty sure if Lebron returend to the Cavs PleezeBelieve and all Cleveland fans would ride him again like the previous 7 years.

Math2
11-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes. I wouldn't root for my team if LeBron joined it. Simple as that.

JMT
11-18-2011, 10:08 PM
You mean if he were the only option and he was given to the team? Sure. But there are many other players in the league that I would want ahead of LeBron.

Saved me some typing. Thanks.

BankShot
11-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Define "Want"

I might want him as a player but I wouldn't want the things he comes with

1. Drama
2. Bandwagons like Pauk/Lebron 23 ext
3. Utah being in the spotlight ( Like when we're just succesful but no one talks about us)
4. I'd hate for Utah to suddenly become the most hated team by all the Lebron haters.

If we had a YOUNG Jerry Sloan he's the only one who would be able to handle this.

Lebron's skill/talent DRASTICALLY outweighs drama, internet bandwagoners, and unneccessary spotlight.

SourGrapes
11-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Lebron's skill/talent DRASTICALLY outweighs drama, internet bandwagoners, and unneccessary spotlight.

for you

Derrick
11-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Yes I would want him, hes a great player, but he can take a seat in the finals.

RoseCity07
11-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I'd want him on Portland, but to be honest I'd rather have Wade if I could choose right now. I like Wade right now. What Wade lacks in play making ability, which isn't much less than Lebron, he more than makes up for with clutch play in the 4th.

Lebron can get you somewhere but he can't close. I think Wade has all that and not just in the regular season and part of the playoffs.

BankShot
11-18-2011, 10:29 PM
for you

Homerisms and hatred aside.... you can't be serious.

You really wouldn't want a Top-5 player on your team because of media spotlight, internet idiots, and supposed, but unconfirmed, drama? :rolleyes:

Phong
11-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Every team that has won an NBA championship did so without LeBron.
He's not the only basketball player on Earth. So no, I wouldn't want him in a Lakers' jersey.

brisbaneman
11-18-2011, 10:30 PM
I'll take him as a 2nd/3rd option but not if he's the best player on the team

28renyoy
11-18-2011, 10:32 PM
I'd take him on the Thunder so we could trade him+Perkins for Dwight Howard
and then deal Westbrook for CP3

CP3
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Howard

BankShot
11-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Every team that has won an NBA championship did so without LeBron.
He's not the only basketball player on Earth. So no, I wouldn't want him in a Lakers' jersey.

Why wouldn't you want a Top-5 player on your squad??

Fish/Kobe/Bron/Pao/Bynum

Sick as f*ck

SourGrapes
11-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Homerisms and hatred aside.... you can't be serious.

You really wouldn't want a Top-5 player on your team because of media spotlight, internet idiots, and supposed, but unconfirmed, drama? :rolleyes:

no... i'm saying to each his own.

if i had a choice of superstars, i'd pick several over lebron. primarily because i don't like the aesthetics of his game. i don't like drive and kick players.

also, i don't like listening to him talk

:rolleyes:

28renyoy
11-18-2011, 10:35 PM

Fish/Kobe/Bron/Pao/Bynum

Sick as f*ck

CP3/Harden/Durant/Ibaka/Howard>Fish/Kobe/Bron/Pao/Bynum. Hell in 2 years they'll be better at every position

brisbaneman
11-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I'd take him on the Thunder so we could trade him+Perkins for Dwight Howard
and then deal Westbrook for CP3

CP3
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Howard

You underrate Westbrook immensely. He is in my opinion the best player on OKC.

DFish
11-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Harden/Durant/Ibaka>Kobe/Bron/Pao

http://i.imgur.com/sCvqZl.jpg

lefthook00
11-18-2011, 10:49 PM

Fish/Kobe/Bron/Pao/Bynum

Sick as f*ck

That's too nasty. It wouldn't be fair. What Fish lacks in conventional pg skills, Bron more than makes up for. What Bron lacks in clutch(I don't think he really lacks it but we'll just say he does), Fish more than makes up for.

Bron is a square but of course I want him on my team.

pegasus
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Yes. I wouldn't root for my team if LeBron joined it. Simple as that.
This.

knightfall88
11-18-2011, 11:20 PM
We have enough ball boys

EoJ
11-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I would trade anyone on the blazers for him and i don't even like Lebron.

code green
11-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Let's put it this way. As a diehard Celtics fan, I hate Kobe with a passion. But I hate LeBron much, much worse. I've called complete strangers out for wearing his jersey.That being said, I'd trade any combination of players not named Paul Pierce for him in a heartbeat. Dude's a baller, plain and simple.

zizozain
11-19-2011, 01:50 AM

Fish/Kobe/Bron/Pao/Bynum

Sick as f*ck

because there are a whole lot of things more important than basket ball.....and champoinships

DevilsAssassin
11-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Wesley Johnson/Darko/Anthony Randolph for Lebron James

PG Rubio
SG James
SF Beasley
PF Williams
C Love

http://gifsoup.com/view3/2333540/thank-you-based-god-o.gif

The Iron Fist
11-19-2011, 02:00 AM
Lakers have 2 titles in the past 3 years without the ringless one.

What would he even add to a championship team?

Sarcastic
11-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Basketball seems to be the only sport where people don't want the best player.

If your favorite football team got Aaron Rogers, would you not be a fan anymore?

If Albert Pujols joined your favorite baseball team would you be upset?

SyRyanYang
11-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Of course I want him on my team, along with other ten super stars.

Knicksfever2010
11-19-2011, 02:19 AM

i hope all the contracts are voided, so lebron can come to the knicks and I can put back my lebron in a knicks uniform avatar.

imagine a team of

lebron
melo
cp3
amare
dwight howard

oh yeah, lets get this desertification thing done!

The Iron Fist
11-19-2011, 02:20 AM

If your favorite football team got Aaron Rogers, would you not be a fan anymore?

Lol "best player".

Best players, don't disappear in 4th quarters during the most important games of the season.

Sarcastic
11-19-2011, 02:28 AM
i hope all the contracts are voided, so lebron can come to the knicks and I can put back my lebron in a knicks uniform avatar.

imagine a team of

lebron
melo
cp3
amare
dwight howard

oh yeah, lets get this desertification thing done!

LOL we don't need Melo and Amar'e anymore. We can get Wade and Griffin now. Maybe they can come off the bench along with Durant.

with malice
11-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Let's put it this way. As a diehard Celtics fan, I hate Kobe with a passion. But I hate LeBron much, much worse. I've called complete strangers out for wearing his jersey.That being said, I'd trade any combination of players not named Paul Pierce for him in a heartbeat. Dude's a baller, plain and simple.
This.

I'm a Lakers fan, and you could pretty type the above and substitute Lakers/Kobe in there, and that's me.

Do I like the guy? Hell no. I think he's a self-entitled ass.
Would I like him on the Lakers? Hell yes.

DFish
11-19-2011, 02:40 AM

Your opinion that LeBron is the best player doesn't make it fact, nor does it mean that he is the best option for all teams and all scenarios.

Andrei89
11-19-2011, 07:41 AM

I guess I did. Although there were some straight honest answers.

IronFist complains about Lebron dissapearing in the most important games of the season, yet he clutched the sh1t out of Boston and Chicago. Weren't those important games?

And when the *** has Kobe been clutch in the finals?

knickscity
11-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Your opinion that LeBron is the best player doesn't make it fact, nor does it mean that he is the best option for all teams and all scenarios.
No different than who you may think is the best player in the NBA.

I can't see no fan seriously saying they would not want LeBron on their team, love him or hate him.

jlauber
11-19-2011, 10:23 AM

Game, set, and match.

:cheers:

vinsanity2756
11-19-2011, 02:15 PM

IronFist complains about Lebron dissapearing in the most important games of the season, yet he clutched the sh1t out of Boston and Chicago. Weren't those important games?

the finals are the biggest stage, and all the spotlights were on him. obviously the pressure got to him, and he choked, deal with it. not the first time he choked though, remember the boston-cleveland series that year before. you've gotta admit he's got problems with pressure. guys like, bird, jordan, miller they loved pressure they rose to the occasion.

The Iron Fist
11-19-2011, 02:18 PM

Kobe has two FMVPs.

Finals games, are more important than divisional games.

What exactly would Lebron add to the Lakers anyways?

another scrub on the bench in the 4th quarter? We have Luke Walton already.

DaPerceive
11-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Even if you don't want him to play for your team, you could still use him as a trading chip. 29 other teams would want him and you could probably get a decent amount of solid players and draft picks in return. There aren't many negatives in simply having Lebron on your team. It's not like he is Gilbert Arenas where he is just going to take up your cap space.

The Macho Man
11-19-2011, 02:27 PM

:oldlol: What a dick

I'm a fan of players more than teams and I enjoy rooting against Lebron, so I wouldn't want him on a team I like. Not gonna start liking a player just because he puts on a different color jersey.

wakencdukest
11-19-2011, 02:34 PM
He'd be a great player to have as long as he learned to play off the ball and not be the primary ballhandler. If he would learn to post up or cut without the ball instead of standing on the 3-point line waiting for the ball all the time, he would be devastating.

mr beast
11-19-2011, 06:39 PM

it depends on what piece my team have to give up but i agree with your point

no matter how much people hate on him, he is at least top 5 in the league however you want to rank him and would be stupid to pass him up

G-Funk
11-19-2011, 07:27 PM
yes, he would make a perfect 2nd option

WeGetRing2012
11-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Lebron on the Lakers??? No thank you

kumquat
11-19-2011, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't want him on my team. Why would I want to cheer for a douche bag. Trade his ass for something of value.

bdreason
11-19-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of fanatics that would pass on James.

Nobody in their right mind would though.

kumquat
11-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Wesley Johnson/Darko/Anthony Randolph for Lebron James

PG Rubio
SG James
SF Beasley
PF Williams
C Love

Why does that team still look like a bad team even with Lebron in it. TWolves look doomed.

The Macho Man
11-19-2011, 08:00 PM

What about people who just don't like him and don't want to root for him? That's perfectly reasonable.

knightfall88
11-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Come to think of it, Lebron could be a good Odom imitator.

clayton
11-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Laker fans prefer a much lower FG % 1st option, that's why.

G-Funk
11-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Laker fans prefer a much lower FG % 1st option, that's why.
We just prefer a player that's not gonna disappear in the 4th, that's all!

Fiasco
11-19-2011, 11:18 PM
I don't think I'd want him on the Clippers.

RRR3
11-19-2011, 11:18 PM
We just prefer a player that's not gonna disappear in the 4th, that's all!
Man, I thought you guys LIKED Kobe. Oh well, you live, you learn.

:roll:

hawke812
11-20-2011, 12:24 AM
I would stop watching basketball if Lebron came to my team.

SourGrapes
11-20-2011, 12:51 AM

phil jackson would pass. he said as much when asked about coaching miami.

for me, i don't like his game and i don't like his personality. those things are independent of his statistics

Jacks3
11-20-2011, 12:56 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

pauk
11-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Not wanting Lebron = Not wanting the only player on this planet who could ALONE give you guaranteed immediate super success.....

"hate" him as much you wish (for no apparent real reason really) but NOBODY can do the MOST with ANYTHING given around him like Lebron can...

pegasus
11-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Not wanting Lebron = Not wanting the only player on this planet who could ALONE give you guaranteed immediate super success.....

"hate" him as much you wish (for no apparent real reason really) but NOBODY can do the MOST with ANYTHING given around him like Lebron can...

Promise: Guaranteed, immediate super success.
Fact: No rings in 8 seasons.
Pauk: :rant

32Dayz
11-20-2011, 09:19 AM
We just prefer a player that needs to be carried by
Dominant Bigmen and rarely performs well in the Finals.

:lol

OmniStrife
11-20-2011, 09:36 AM
You underrate Westbrook immensely. He is in my opinion the best player on OKC.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
11-20-2011, 09:51 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Answer the question, wacks.

32Dayz
11-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Kobe was carried in a baby sling in his first 3 Finals.

Kobe carried the LA 0ffense in the 09 Finalz and was the legit FMVP but Gasol's defense on Dwight was almost as important.

in 2010 He was at best Co-MVP with Gasol and needed to be bailed out countless times in the Clutch by Fisher, Artest and especially Gasol who saved his a** in the Final 3 Minutes of G7.

And some people really try to compare him to Jordan? :lol

greensborohill
11-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Why? He's not worth the trouble.You can win without him.

MontaEllis24
11-20-2011, 11:27 AM
TBH if I wanted a pg on my team Id rather have Cp3 than lebron, Sf on the other hand id rather have AK47 yeah he is crappier than LBJ but he does play great team ball and good defense plus has lesser drama

Bandito
11-20-2011, 11:43 AM

Kobe carried the LA 0ffense in the 09 Finalz and was the legit FMVP but Gasol's defense on Dwight was almost as important.

in 2010 He was at best Co-MVP with Gasol and needed to be bailed out countless times in the Clutch by Fisher, Artest and especially Gasol who saved his a** in the Final 3 Minutes of G7.

Who's talking about Kobe? Take your insecured Lebron's balls out of your mouth and stop b1tchin...

kurple
11-20-2011, 11:46 AM
I would take him in Denver if we can sub him out the entire 4th Q and pay 3/4 of his salary.

jrong
11-20-2011, 12:26 PM
He's on my team now, and I want him gone.

I wanted him last year, but I went into the season with two assumptions:

1. He would suck up every ounce of media attention.
2. The tradeoff would be that he would help win a title.

After the season, here were the outcomes of the above:

1. He sucked up every ounce of media attention
2. He cost the team the title.

As a fan, dealing with #1, the fact of LeBron taking over the team in the public perception (though not on the court), was contingent on him delivering on #2. He didn't. He failed and based upon his track record gives no reason to think he won't do so again.

So, I want him gone. Restructure the CBA, so his ass can get shipped who cares where, give me a real center and a real PG, and I will enjoy the rest of Wade's career either watching him lead the Heat back to their 06 glory or failing heroically. Either way, I know Wade will never turn in a bitch performance in the NBA playoffs.

I've cited four bad playoff series by James: 07 Spurs, 08 Celts, 10 Celts, and 11 Mavs. But, it occurs to me that the first two were different from the second. In 07 and 08, James just had bad series. In 2010 and 2011, in the Boston and Dallas series respectively, he just played like a straight up bitch.

32Dayz
11-20-2011, 12:39 PM

:facepalm

PowerGlove
11-20-2011, 12:45 PM

As a fan, dealing with #1, the fact of LeBron taking over the team in the public perception (though not on the court), was contingent on him delivering on #2. He didn't. He failed and based upon his track record gives no reason to think he won't do so again.

So, I want him gone. Restructure the CBA, so his ass can get shipped who cares where, give me a real center and a real PG, and I will enjoy the rest of Wade's career either watching him lead the Heat back to their 06 glory or failing heroically. Either way, I know Wade will never turn in a bitch performance in the NBA playoffs.

I've cited four bad playoff series by James: 07 Spurs, 08 Celts, 10 Celts, and 11 Mavs. But, it occurs to me that the first two were different from the second. In 07 and 08, James just had bad series. In 2010 and 2011, in the Boston and Dallas series respectively, he just played like a straight up bitch.
Spoiled fan is spoiled.

" I dont want him on my team because he cost us a title:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: "

Bandito
11-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Spoiled fan is spoiled.

" I dont want him on my team because he cost us a title:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: "Would you want him?

32Dayz
11-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Would you want him?

Who wouldn't want him?

He is arguably the best player in the game today.

Bandito
11-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Who wouldn't want him?

He is arguably the best player in the game today.

I am not saying he's not the best, I am saying that if your aim is for the title wouldn't you want someone that will fight for it? For example for all his weaknesses you cannot say that players like Wade and Bosh didn't want it because they were actually trying their best. When a player like Chalmers play better than you in the Finals there is something wrong with the situation, just saying.

ballup
11-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Would I want him on my team if he was gift packaged to Boston? Hell ya.

Do I want him playing as part of my team? Hell no.

pmj
11-20-2011, 01:59 PM

News flash bro, without Lebron we wouldn't have even been close to the Finals.

Without the Big 3, no one takes a discount at all. You're stuck with Bosh, the softest PF on the planet at full max (who was horrible in the Finals too), and probably playing out of position at C. You'd be lucky to afford a Haywood or similar but most likely they'd have paid Haslem $7-8 mill and have James Jones starting SF, and Chalmers starting PG.

Now, maybe if by some chance they kept Dorrell, which I don't think they would have either way, the team could have been decent, but I still don't see them getting past the 2nd round with that squad. And you still have sorry ass Spoelstra.

Like others have said, stop being spoiled. We have two of the top 4 players in the game. You can say Wade is the closer or better or whatever makes you feel better about your favorite player, but the truth is teams that have Lebron on them are always pushing 60 wins and in contention, and we aren't sniffing that without him. Be happy and support your team, b/c as long as Lebron is on the team, the team is in contention for a title.

jrong
11-20-2011, 02:25 PM
News flash bro, without Lebron we wouldn't have even been close to the Finals.

Without the Big 3, no one takes a discount at all. You're stuck with Bosh, the softest PF on the planet at full max (who was horrible in the Finals too), and probably playing out of position at C. You'd be lucky to afford a Haywood or similar but most likely they'd have paid Haslem $7-8 mill and have James Jones starting SF, and Chalmers starting PG.

Now, maybe if by some chance they kept Dorrell, which I don't thithenk they would have either way, the team could have been decent, but I still don't see them getting past the 2nd round with that squad. And you still have sorry ass Spoelstra.

Like others have said, stop being spoiled. We have two of the top 4 players in the game. You can say Wade is the closer or better or whatever makes you feel better about your favorite player, but the truth is teams that have Lebron on them are always pushing 60 wins and in contention, and we aren't sniffing that without him. Be happy and support your team, b/c as long as Lebron is on the team, the team is in contention for a title.

I flatly disagree. You are failing to consider:

1. the PG and C that could've been obtained for the money spent on LeBron

2. the effect on Wade's game of playing with someone as talented as Bosh but not having to share the ball with LeBron

3. the effect on Bosh's game of being the #2 instead of the #3

If that's how 2011 played out, I would've seen Wade dropping 28/6/7 and Bosh 22/11. And the Heat would have been "a favorite" for the championship but not "the favorite". Whatever happened though, every last man would've left everything on the court until the last game, which is not something that can be said of LeBron.

BallsOut
11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Promise: Guaranteed, immediate super success.
Fact: No rings in 8 seasons.
Pauk: :rant

For everything else, there's mastercard. :lol

/thread

Kurosawa0
11-20-2011, 03:30 PM
There's not a team he wouldn't make better. Even New York and OKC. You could play LeBron at the four and it kill most of the league.

G-Funk
11-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Man, I thought you guys LIKED Kobe. Oh well, you live, you learn.

Lebron James 2.2ppg in 4th in Finals

Kobe 10 pts in Game 7 4th in Finals

pmj
11-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I flatly disagree. You are failing to consider:

1. the PG and C that could've been obtained for the money spent on LeBron

2. the effect on Wade's game of playing with someone as talented as Bosh but not having to share the ball with LeBron

3. the effect on Bosh's game of being the #2 instead of the #3

If that's how 2011 played out, I would've seen Wade dropping 28/6/7 and Bosh 22/11. And the Heat would have been "a favorite" for the championship but not "the favorite". Whatever happened though, every last man would've left everything on the court until the last game, which is not something that can be said of LeBron.

1. I addressed this. Wade would have cost $2 million more, Bosh $1.5 million more. Haslem would have expected at least double, so $3.5 million more.

So that's $7 million already, Lebron only got paid $15 million last year. So you have $8 million left to fill starting-qualtiy C, PG. Starting centers make $8 mill bro. Plus, who was even available? And again, no one's taking discounts without the Big 3, so you'd end up overpaying some scrub at C and have Chalmers/Arroyo at PG.

2. I'm sure Wade and Bosh's stats would have went up, but wins? I'm sorry they are going down either way. They'd be lucky to get 50 wins imo.

3. Bosh.... You're predicting 11 RPG when that's the highest he's ever had in a year? (10.8 actually)

It's fairly obvious the only reason he even appeared to be a decent rebounder was playing next to Bargs. I'm sorry my opinion of Bosh went down drastically this season. There's no reason being the third of the Big 3 should make his rebounds go down to 8.3, especially playing next to Joel Anthony (the worst defensive rebounding C in the NBA imo)

And he shot 38% in the first 5 games in the Finals, 44% counting game 6. I still support him too as member of our team, but if you're going to get rid of someone, it'd be him. Everyone seems to think he had a good series for some reason, pretty much no one except Wade and Chalmers showed up.

I think you're overrating what could have been gotten and drastically underrating Lebron.

BallsOut
11-20-2011, 10:57 PM
1. I addressed this. Wade would have cost $2 million more, Bosh $1.5 million more. Haslem would have expected at least double, so $3.5 million more.

So that's $7 million already, Lebron only got paid $15 million last year. So you have $8 million left to fill starting-qualtiy C, PG. Starting centers make $8 mill bro. Plus, who was even available? And again, no one's taking discounts without the Big 3, so you'd end up overpaying some scrub at C and have Chalmers/Arroyo at PG.

2. I'm sure Wade and Bosh's stats would have went up, but wins? I'm sorry they are going down either way. They'd be lucky to get 50 wins imo.

3. Bosh.... You're predicting 11 RPG when that's the highest he's ever had in a year? (10.8 actually)

It's fairly obvious the only reason he even appeared to be a decent rebounder was playing next to Bargs. I'm sorry my opinion of Bosh went down drastically this season. There's no reason being the third of the Big 3 should make his rebounds go down to 8.3, especially playing next to Joel Anthony (the worst defensive rebounding C in the NBA imo)

And he shot 38% in the first 5 games in the Finals, 44% counting game 6. I still support him too as member of our team, but if you're going to get rid of someone, it'd be him. Everyone seems to think he had a good series for some reason, pretty much no one except Wade and Chalmers showed up.

I think you're overrating what could have been gotten and drastically underrating Lebron.

Why the hell would they offer Haslem more money? His loyalty to Wade and Mike Miller being a newcomer and friend to him were the main reasons, not Lebron.

So that's at least 10 million to spend on a C and PG. Wade + Bosh + some solid role players is pretty much Kobe + Gasol of the East.

Kobe 4 The Win
11-21-2011, 12:59 AM
I can tell you with no hesitation that I do not want Lebron, as talented as he is, on my favorite team. Not now, or any other time in the future. He's a great talent, he may yet win a title or two, but I want nothing to do with that assface. Period.

305Baller
11-21-2011, 01:02 AM
I can tell you with no hesitation that I do not want Lebron, as talented as he is, on my favorite team. Not now, or any other time in the future. He's a great talent, he may yet win a title or two, but I want nothing to do with that assface. Period.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1222/umadns.jpg

WeGetRing2012
11-21-2011, 01:14 AM

Thats what happened? Really :facepalm

Kobe 4 The Win
11-21-2011, 04:56 AM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1222/umadns.jpg

I think you might be confused about how to use that clever "U Mad" photo. What could I have to be mad about? The Lakers are my favorite team and they have a shit-ton of Larry O'Brien trophies. Lebron on the other hand, has jack.

32Dayz
11-21-2011, 05:29 AM
I think you might be confused about how to use that clever "U Mad" photo. What could I have to be mad about? The Lakers are my favorite team and they have a shit-ton of Larry O'Brien trophies. Lebron on the other hand, has jack.

http://i42.tinypic.com/21d1od2.jpg

Teams win Titles not individual players.
Kobe has only been the best player on one of his 5 championship teams so that alone proves how reliant he has been on his team for his success.

Myth
11-21-2011, 05:55 AM
He wouldn't ever be my favorite player on the team because of how much of a douche he is, but I would put up with him just as I put up with the Jail Blazers. Rasheed was the closest thing to him that I had to deal with. The guy was talented (not on LeBron's level though), and I cheered for him as long as we were fighting for a championship, but as soon as the championship window was closed, I wanted him off the team so fast for being such a douche.

Toizumi
11-21-2011, 05:57 AM
I think the Cavs fans don't want him back.. Also, a lot of Laker/Kobe fans probably don't want him on the team (because of the rivalry.. not between the players, but between the camps of fans of both players).

Maybe Thunder fans don't want LeBron, because of Durant (eventhough I think the two would complement each other, since Durant is great off the ball).

BruceLeeBowen
11-21-2011, 06:31 AM
'd trade Kobrick and Fisher for LeGoat in a heartbeat.

pmj
11-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Why the hell would they offer Haslem more money? His loyalty to Wade and Mike Miller being a newcomer and friend to him were the main reasons, not Lebron.

So that's at least 10 million to spend on a C and PG. Wade + Bosh + some solid role players is pretty much Kobe + Gasol of the East.

I'm not saying I think he's worth more, but he thinks he is. The only reason he took a discount was the Big 3 taking a paycut to make money for him, and loyalty to the Heat. He was a phone call from Wade (to Bosh and Lebron about taking a pay cut) from signing with Denver for $8 mill per. So if the Heat had money, he would have expected market value (or close to it).

And no, Wade + Bosh is not the same as Kobe + Gasol b/c Kobe + Gasol has Bynum and Odom, making it the best frontcourt in the league by far. There's no way you're getting the equivalent production of Bynum and Odom for $8 million. You couldn't get production equal to ONE of Bynum or Odom for $8 million.

The best they would have gotten was Haywood, and Haywood + Bosh + Haslem is not close to Gasol, Bynum, and Odom.