PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Old Republic

Flagrant 2
11-19-2011, 03:45 PM
One month away from release date - who's got it pre-ordered?

ukballer
11-20-2011, 04:47 AM
I have, can't wait! I was/am lucky enough to be invited to test the game out, and so far I've been very impressed! The stories I've been involved in so far are really interesting.

For an MMO, the combat is pretty cool too. Haven't quite played enough to get a lightsaber though, but I'm sure they're pretty cool. :lol

DeuceWallaces
11-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Have it pre-ordered and I've been playing a couple months already. Really starting to shape up well, but it will obviously be all about end game. So lets hope they pump it out quick.

Rasheed1
11-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Im hyped.... :cheers: you will find me somewhere in that universe

Flagrant 2
11-25-2011, 05:28 PM
After being registered on the site for a couple years, I finally got invited. Downloading right now. :rockon:

ukballer
12-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Less than 2 weeks away! :rockon:

For everyone who pre-ordered, keep an eye on your email inboxes next week. Early access will begin!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

ukballer
12-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I got my early access into the game this afternoon (UK time), totally addicted.

Running a Sith Inquisitor at the moment. Anyone else who pre-ordered got into the game yet?

clipse026
12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
I got my early access into the game this afternoon (UK time), totally addicted.

Running a Sith Inquisitor at the moment. Anyone else who pre-ordered got into the game yet?

I've played WoW since they introduced Mauradon. I had my eye on this but not too seriously. I had been checking videos recently and decided to look at it a bit more. It looks great and I can't wait. I actually pre-ordered yesterday. I don't care if I don't get early access. It should be damn fun. I'll probably end up playing a Corruption specced Sith Sorcerer since my friend is going to play one of the melee specs.

Are you playing on an EU server?

ukballer
12-15-2011, 03:25 AM
I've played WoW since they introduced Mauradon. I had my eye on this but not too seriously. I had been checking videos recently and decided to look at it a bit more. It looks great and I can't wait. I actually pre-ordered yesterday. I don't care if I don't get early access. It should be damn fun. I'll probably end up playing a Corruption specced Sith Sorcerer since my friend is going to play one of the melee specs.

Are you playing on an EU server?

Yeah I'm in an EU server. Waiting for a couple of buddies to get their early access so they can join me.

Probably the only bad thing about having staggered early access depending on when you pre-ordered the game, that you can't start up the same time as your friends as everyone will get their codes at different times. I'll probably start up a new character one they get in the game so we can run through the starting zone together.

DeuceWallaces
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Most my guild from Conan got in Tuesday morning and we've been playing like crazy since. Been a ton of fun and we're having a great time leveling and pvp'ing.

I'm on Canderous Ordo for all of you ishiots out there.

clipse026
12-17-2011, 06:45 PM
This has been damn fun so far. About what I expected. I made a Republic Smuggler and got to level 12 while I waited for my friend to get his early access. The cover system is fairly frustrating but it was still a fun class to play and I'm sure will be underused. Going to make that one a healer probably.

After he got his EA I made a Sith Sorcerer to level 12. Did the 1st flashpoint Black Talon. Pretty fun. Difficulty wasn't much but It's to be expected for the introductory zone. I like how you can fill the party with companions. Loving the game so far.

Also Huttball :bowdown:

embersyc
12-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Been playing for a couple days now, although every server I join keeps getting overcrowded so I keep jumping servers and starting new characters.

Haven't got anybody above level 8 or 9 yet, but tried a lot of the classes. So far favorites are Sith Warrior and Bounty Hunter. Least fave is Imperial Agent.

ukballer
12-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Probably way behind a few of you guys on level as I've been a bit under the weather the last few days and didn't really feel like playing, but I got access to my ship earlier. It makes the game so much more fun finally being able to go wherever you like. I was getting a little tired of Dromund Kaas.

DeuceWallaces
12-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Hit 33 today before the servers came down on my Sith Assassin Tank and have been killing some Synthweaving in the meantime.

ukballer
12-20-2011, 04:07 AM
I've not really explored Crafting and things like that. I know I should, especially now I have 2 companions.

DeuceWallaces
12-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I never have in any other MMO I've played but I really got into this one.

clipse026
12-20-2011, 10:50 PM
You've really got to pay attention to your credits if you keep sending your companions off the work. I sent them every time they returned during a few flashpoints and I realized I was short like 3500 credits :lol .

embersyc
12-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Did my first flashpoint today, was pretty cool, way better than instances in other MMOs I've played. The conversations are actually pretty cool when grouped up and you don't know what the other people will say.

Pra
12-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Haven't played an MMO since I quit final fantasy 11 in 2009... I must SWTOR is legit.

Rasheed1
12-27-2011, 03:45 PM
What kind of PCs are y'all playing on?

Im about to pickup a PC (maybe a laptop) to play the game. I dont wanna spend a grip (between 5 & 7 hundred bucks).. I just wanna get the best system for that amount of money..

any issues I should consider?

ukballer
12-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Im about to pickup a PC (maybe a laptop) to play the game. I dont wanna spend a grip (between 5 & 7 hundred bucks).. I just wanna get the best system for that amount of money..

I'm playing on an Alienware M15x laptop.

Specs: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/alienware-area-51-m15x/4507-3121_7-32815586.html

I don't have a great knowledge of computer/laptop specs myself, but with this laptop I can run the game with highest shadows/textures etc.

I tried the BETA on my old laptop which was an ACER Aspire, a pretty basic and normal laptop, but not bad, and got pretty low FPS (frames per second) and made the game hard to play.

Anti Hero
12-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Does ISH have a guild? I am thinking of getting this game.

Rasheed1
12-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm playing on an Alienware M15x laptop.

Specs: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/alienware-area-51-m15x/4507-3121_7-32815586.html

I don't have a great knowledge of computer/laptop specs myself, but with this laptop I can run the game with highest shadows/textures etc.

I tried the BETA on my old laptop which was an ACER Aspire, a pretty basic and normal laptop, but not bad, and got pretty low FPS (frames per second) and made the game hard to play.

Thanks for the info.... I been looking at some Alienware laptops on ebay.. I will prolly wind up bidding for one. They got a good m14s and some M11s.

I will probably wind up getting one of those... I really want to just go pick something up at store, but the alienware seems like the answer. They have some that are used for around 500$.. other than that they run about 1,200 - 3000 dollars.

ukballer
12-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the info.... I been looking at some Alienware laptops on ebay.. I will prolly wind up bidding for one. They got a good m14s and some M11s.

I will probably wind up getting one of those... I really want to just go pick something up at store, but the alienware seems like the answer. They have some that are used for around 500$.. other than that they run about 1,200 - 3000 dollars.

Yeah, I can't fault the laptop to be honest the few months I've had it. Yup, they're pricey, but you get what you pay for. Every game I play I can run at highest graphics and don't have any frame rate issues. Battlefield 3 in full graphics on this laptop looks fantastic, I should play it more often.

Got mine brand new on Ebay as I don't think the M15x is actually on general sale anymore. M14x would be just as good, one inch difference is nothing (that's what she said).

Rasheed1
12-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Actually I have a new macbook and Im seeing how I could use bootcamp to download windows 7 onto my mac.. I might do that instead. Im told the download process is long, but it should run the game very well.

ukballer
12-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Does ISH have a guild? I am thinking of getting this game.

Doubt there is much point making an ISH guild, we'd probably get about 3-4 members. :lol

Also, I play on an EU server with a couple of my buddies so I'm not planning to switch up servers just yet.

Get the game though, you won't regret it, though your social life might take a bit of a turn for the worse.

embersyc
12-28-2011, 09:12 AM

Well PCs are almost a different thread, but you should be able to build a good system with that money if you know how to operate a screwdriver and don't mind putting it together yourself.

Get yourself a core i7 and any halfway decent video card and you should be able to max settings on this game.

intrinsic
12-28-2011, 11:35 AM

MMO controls need to be tuned on the pc. Most people use the mouse for turning to free up the A and D keys for keybinds. Modifying with shift, ctl, alt and that's another 6 actions bound to your home keys replacing 7 through =. What I mean by modifying is, shift + A is a different action than A while ctl+A is also unique. You can remap all these things through preferences, keybinds tab.

It's a lot more challenging than clicking your action bar for new players, but it helps a lot if you stick with the game and get into pvp or any of the end game stuff. Everything becomes fluid after a while.

Haven't had too much time with the game, but I'm an Imperial Agent specializing Operative Medic on Nadd's Sarcophagus. If enough ISH players went for the idea, I'd reroll a character on another server to play with everyone.

clipse026
12-28-2011, 03:17 PM
I have a level 21 IA Operative and a level 18 Sith Sorceror on Infinite Empire if anyone wants to roll there. It's a pvp server. I also have a level 19 Jedi Sentinel on another pvp server that I can't recall the name currently :lol . I actually am liking that character way more than my agent and his professions are pretty high already so I might stick with him. But I'd be up for an ish guild or at least group to level/run flashpoints.

Server my Jedi Sentinel is on is called The Maw, pvp server.

Rasheed1
12-28-2011, 05:01 PM
I just partitioned my harddrive on my mac and set up windows 7. Im loading the game now. This is a better idea than buying a new computer. My mac is very capable of running this game. Im having a little trouble with sound in the earphones, but that it.. The PC side of miy mac looks great.

When I get a bit more familar with the game and how to play mmo style games, i'm gonna put an ISH guild together.. We'll take the whole galaxy like its nothing :pimp:

Rasheed1
12-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Im like R2, I bypassed the power couplings!! Ive got a dual system here. Im in mac mode right now, but I can switch back and forth.. Game looks great no problems.. Only issue is I cant hear in the earphones.

Anyway I gotta get used to this layout..

Clippersfan86
12-30-2011, 08:34 PM
You guys know if I can do a free trial type deal to try it out before paying up? I haven't been paying attention to SWTOR last couple months. Is it way better than let's say WOW?

Clippersfan86
12-30-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm a Bioware fanboy... after reading a bunch of reviews right now I'm dead set on buying this with my first check from new job. :eek: It looks so amazing. My only problem is my laptop isn't a gaming setup.. so wonder how it will do.

clipse026
12-31-2011, 12:54 AM
You guys know if I can do a free trial type deal to try it out before paying up? I haven't been paying attention to SWTOR last couple months. Is it way better than let's say WOW?
I've played WoW since the 1st few patches. It's similar but all MMO's will be. The part where it differs is the questing. Even if they are still fetch quest or kill X amount of X like WoW, there's an actual story too it. It's actually fun to listen to the fully voiced dialogue and make your own logical decision on how to respond.
The companions are a nice touch so you don't have to rely on other terrible people while questing but there's a good incentive to do so if you really want.

The only negative I really have so far (through about 25 levels on like 4 characters) is that the UI needs a lot of work. Not enough action bar space and I don't think I noticed any macro system. I also don't like the raid frame and party frames all that much. But Bioware says they will allow (won't let me say add on? lol) support so that will be fixed soon. It's not a deal breaker anyway, just annoying. Also the Galactic Trade Market (Auction House) is kind of crappy. You can't really search for something straight up, you have to browse through what type of item it is, what its for, etc. Just a minor nuisance that will probably be fixed eventually.

All in all it's been well worth it and I don't feel the need to rush through the questing because the story is so enjoyable. Definitely recommend it.

ukballer
12-31-2011, 05:41 AM

Game is too new to be handing out free trials at the moment, but clipse summed it up pretty well. For the quests, stories, character back-stories, it's brilliant. A story driven MMO was a great idea, and as I'm a Star Wars fan anyway, the quests and some of the stories behind them are really interesting to me. I've only rolled Sith Inquisitor (Assassin specced) so far, so there is a hell of a lot more content to get through which I'm excited about. You'll also enjoy the ability to make choices through the game. Light side and dark side points is a nice feature.

When you see Sith characters running around with blue lightsabers, you know that they're playing a nice guy type of character. It's quite interesting to see. I'm kind of a mix really, Dark I side points at the moment, so most of my choices are dark, but I've chosen a few light choices too. It definitely has an interesting effect on how NPCs and your companion interact with you.

artex
12-31-2011, 01:21 PM
been waiting on this game for years....star wars 4 lyf

rasheed, dope av tuff gong!!

Rasheed1
12-31-2011, 06:41 PM

Nah.. thats the one thing that has p*ssed me off about the game so far... They claim to give you a free month, but when you register to play, they hit you with a "recurring billing process" which automatically bills you at the end of the month.. So in effect, they give you a free month, but take it right back by forcing you to at least pay for one month..

worse, they do it at the very end of the registration process, so its you feel dumb for cancelling out of it simply for that reason... :mad: that sh*t made me mad

but other than that, its been a great game thus far

clipse026
12-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Nah.. thats the one thing that has p*ssed me off about the game so far... They claim to give you a free month, but when you register to play, they hit you with a "recurring billing process" which automatically bills you at the end of the month.. So in effect, they give you a free month, but take it right back by forcing you to at least pay for one month..

worse, they do it at the very end of the registration process, so its you feel dumb for cancelling out of it simply for that reason... :mad: that sh*t made me mad

but other than that, its been a great game thus far
Don't think it's any different from any other MMO. I believe WoW does the same thing. You need to prove you can pay for the game to actually play the game. Not really a big deal imo.

Rasheed1
01-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Don't think it's any different from any other MMO. I believe WoW does the same thing. You need to prove you can pay for the game to actually play the game. Not really a big deal imo.

Im new to MMO games. Im a star wars fan who liked the kotor games and especially the stories. The story has been great so far, but Im not used to the keyboard thing :oldlol: .. Im getting better but there were times when I was out there getting whupped on and people had to come save me :oldlol: .... Im better than that now, but there is still soo much to learn..

Fun though :cheers:

clipse026
01-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Im new to MMO games. Im a star wars fan who liked the kotor games and especially the stories. The story has been great so far, but Im not used to the keyboard thing :oldlol: .. Im getting better but there were times when I was out there getting whupped on and people had to come save me :oldlol: .... Im better than that now, but there is still soo much to learn..

Yea once you get the hang of the binds it makes life easier. You should do what someone else suggested a page or 2 back about binding keys to Shift/Alt/Control modifiers. It helps to always have stuff to a key instead of having to click. Makes you much faster and it's easier to react to stuff. :cheers:

ukballer
01-01-2012, 04:28 AM

If you're struggling with having to keep clicking each enemy when you're facing a mob, use the TAB guy which targets the next nearest enemy. I didn't even know about this until my friend who plays told me. Pretty basic, but I hadn't bothered to look at the controls leaflet. :D

Got my Sith Assassin up to level 27 now, I'll try and avoid spoiling the story for people, but it's definitely getting interesting, makes me want to keep playing and playing.

clipse026
01-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Anybody play Huttball yet on a melee class Sentinel/Marauder? ****ing ridiculous. You're at such a disadvantage. Everybody has a slow,knockback or a stun and all you have is a hamstring slow ability that you have to reapply. Every game the top of the damage board is Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent. Only reason I even win Huttball is because of some good throws and teamwork. But I have no prayer of catching someone when I'm by myself. Pretty retarded :banghead: . Definitely frustrating to play as that class.

ukballer
01-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Anybody play Huttball yet on a melee class Sentinel/Marauder? ****ing ridiculous. You're at such a disadvantage. Everybody has a slow,knockback or a stun and all you have is a hamstring slow ability that you have to reapply. Every game the top of the damage board is Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent. Only reason I even win Huttball is because of some good throws and teamwork. But I have no prayer of catching someone when I'm by myself. Pretty retarded :banghead: . Definitely frustrating to play as that class.

I still haven't tried PvP yet. Not sure why, it looks heaps fun, I'll give it a go later.

Inquisitors at the top you say? :D

Clippersfan86
01-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I was pretty damn pro on Wow, especially in PVP. Both arena and BG's. I'm sure I'd adapt well. I LOVE Bioware so I gotta get this. I have a couple questions for those of you playing already.

1. Are the requirements higher or similar to wow? In terms of system performance?

2. I hear every class can have pets that fight for you? Are they able to go in instances and PVP?

3. Is there any way for me to pick a class based on wow class comparison? Or are the classes so different that it's impossible? I heard it's nothing alike so no way to know what I'll like on SWTOR till I try.

I basically want to be a good side player (Jedi). I'd probably prefer a caster (force powers) Jedi but that does have melee capability. Basically a versatile class. My favorite class on wow was Elemental Shaman.

clipse026
01-01-2012, 10:54 PM
I was pretty damn pro on Wow, especially in PVP. Both arena and BG's. I'm sure I'd adapt well. I LOVE Bioware so I gotta get this. I have a couple questions for those of you playing already.

1. Are the requirements higher or similar to wow? In terms of system performance?

2. I hear every class can have pets that fight for you? Are they able to go in instances and PVP?

3. Is there any way for me to pick a class based on wow class comparison? Or are the classes so different that it's impossible? I heard it's nothing alike so no way to know what I'll like on SWTOR till I try.

I basically want to be a good side player (Jedi). I'd probably prefer a caster (force powers) Jedi but that does have melee capability. Basically a versatile class. My favorite class on wow was Elemental Shaman.

1. I'd say they are higher. Not a ton higher but still higher seeing that the game is a few years newer. Lots of details in the animation during cut scenes and quests.

2. Yes every class/advanced class gets 5 companions throughout the game that are there to support you. I would assume you get 1 of every type. So far through level 25 on my Jedi Sentinel I have a tank and a dps companion. You can only have 1 out with you at a time and yes they can fill a player spot for Heroic quests or Flashpoints. But it's still better to rely on other players in flashpoints the higher you level up. I don't think they can be used in pvp unless it's world pvp. I've yet to encounter the other faction questing yet but I'll let you know when I do.

3. There are no direct comparisons to the WoW classes. There are some similarities though. For instance my highest level is the Jedi Knight - Sentinel advanced class. I dual wield lightsabers and they're basically like a dps warrior. But I also have a few force abilities like a choke type ability and I can throw my light saber in close range. Jedi Consular's are like the caster Jedi. They can either be Jedi Sages which can spec as a healer, or a caster dps. They could also be Jedi Shadows which use a double-bladed saber and have a tank and physical dps spec. Smugglers have a ranged hunter like spec with sniper rifles (minus pets), or a healing/ranged dps with blasters/more melee heavy dps spec. Never played a Trooper so I can't comment on them. But there are no clear cut matches for classes.

Clippersfan86
01-02-2012, 03:51 AM
1. I'd say they are higher. Not a ton higher but still higher seeing that the game is a few years newer. Lots of details in the animation during cut scenes and quests.

2. Yes every class/advanced class gets 5 companions throughout the game that are there to support you. I would assume you get 1 of every type. So far through level 25 on my Jedi Sentinel I have a tank and a dps companion. You can only have 1 out with you at a time and yes they can fill a player spot for Heroic quests or Flashpoints. But it's still better to rely on other players in flashpoints the higher you level up. I don't think they can be used in pvp unless it's world pvp. I've yet to encounter the other faction questing yet but I'll let you know when I do.

3. There are no direct comparisons to the WoW classes. There are some similarities though. For instance my highest level is the Jedi Knight - Sentinel advanced class. I dual wield lightsabers and they're basically like a dps warrior. But I also have a few force abilities like a choke type ability and I can throw my light saber in close range. Jedi Consular's are like the caster Jedi. They can either be Jedi Sages which can spec as a healer, or a caster dps. They could also be Jedi Shadows which use a double-bladed saber and have a tank and physical dps spec. Smugglers have a ranged hunter like spec with sniper rifles (minus pets), or a healing/ranged dps with blasters/more melee heavy dps spec. Never played a Trooper so I can't comment on them. But there are no clear cut matches for classes.

So if I want big force power/ranged DPS as a jedi go Jedi Consular? I also love healing.. can Jedi Sage do okay ranged dps? Or pure healer?

clipse026
01-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Yea go Sage. They can do decent damage and cc as a healer so it's still nice. They make it to where you can solo quest with your companion and still be alright as a healer so it will work fine. :cheers:

Consular is the caster, Sage is the caster dps/healer spec. Shadow is just Tank/melee.

Pra
01-02-2012, 03:56 AM
I have a level 21 IA Operative and a level 18 Sith Sorceror on Infinite Empire if anyone wants to roll there. It's a pvp server. I also have a level 19 Jedi Sentinel on another pvp server that I can't recall the name currently :lol . I actually am liking that character way more than my agent and his professions are pretty high already so I might stick with him. But I'd be up for an ish guild or at least group to level/run flashpoints.

Server my Jedi Sentinel is on is called The Maw, pvp server.

I have an 18 Jedi Sage on Infinite empire :X

25 IA Operative on Terentek

ukballer
01-02-2012, 04:11 AM
The thing I like about my Sith Assassin is that in most cases I can take the role of EITHER DPS or tank. Kinda depends what everyone else is in a group.

He's not outstanding at either task, but pretty good at adapting to whatever the group needs.

I think he's slightly better at tanking, and I got my DPS companion yesterday and find I'm rolling through mobs much faster now.

Pra
01-02-2012, 04:36 AM
So if I want big force power/ranged DPS as a jedi go Jedi Consular? I also love healing.. can Jedi Sage do okay ranged dps? Or pure healer?

Well if you want to go Jedi you could go Trooper, and choose the healing route.

I am not too familiar with the Jedi classes outside of Sage.

I went Sith on my second character an Imperial agent, my advance class is Operative or Sniper. Operative is kind of a hybrid that can heal, uses stealth to back stab, and can use a blaster rifle for ranged. Sniper is pretty self explanatory.

Clippersfan86
01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Yea go Sage. They can do decent damage and cc as a healer so it's still nice. They make it to where you can solo quest with your companion and still be alright as a healer so it will work fine. :cheers:

Consular is the caster, Sage is the caster dps/healer spec. Shadow is just Tank/melee.

Thanks. So would it be like a holy/disc priest in Wow? I ask because.... resto shaman and druid do sh** for damage in Wow for example. So as a Sage.... I can do okay damage especially when combined with pet? Is a Sage hard to kill?

clipse026
01-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks. So would it be like a holy/disc priest in Wow? I ask because.... resto shaman and druid do sh** for damage in Wow for example. So as a Sage.... I can do okay damage especially when combined with pet? Is a Sage hard to kill?

Most classes have utility to survive 1v1 with cc and shielding and all (other than Sentinel/Marauder :lol :cry: ). It's like a mix of a priest and a mage I'd say. You have shields and heals and then you have your ranged casts. You have a few dots, and a big cast and all. Not quite clear cut class match but a mix. The same goes for pretty much every class in SWTOR. Also I think the Smuggler/Imperial Agent if you choose Scoundrel/Operative advanced classes is like a resto druid and a rogue mixed. You get HoTs and stealth. You have a backstab, a sleep dart which is like sap. Really fun class to play. I just started another one with a friend but as a Smuggler this time instead of an Agent and it's just as fun. I think those 2 have the best class stories in the game so far.

Clippersfan86
01-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Most classes have utility to survive 1v1 with cc and shielding and all (other than Sentinel/Marauder :lol :cry: ). It's like a mix of a priest and a mage I'd say. You have shields and heals and then you have your ranged casts. You have a few dots, and a big cast and all. Not quite clear cut class match but a mix. The same goes for pretty much every class in SWTOR. Also I think the Smuggler/Imperial Agent if you choose Scoundrel/Operative advanced classes is like a resto druid and a rogue mixed. You get HoTs and stealth. You have a backstab, a sleep dart which is like sap. Really fun class to play. I just started another one with a friend but as a Smuggler this time instead of an Agent and it's just as fun. I think those 2 have the best class stories in the game so far.

Oh wow! If I want a class like a Warlock that does sick dot/caster damage.... and a little self heal/heal ability.. what mix would you recommend? Affliction lock was my second fav class.

Clippersfan86
01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Got it from Gamestop! Also got the 25 dollar, huge strategy guide. I still need help on the class selection though Clipse! Need a dot class/caster!

Clippersfan86
01-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I think I'm gonna try Sage first. Any of you guys try light side and dark side? Preferences? Does it at least do a good of of making bad side not seem bad? Like horde on wow? Or is it truly an evil side?

clipse026
01-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I think I'm gonna try Sage first. Any of you guys try light side and dark side? Preferences? Does it at least do a good of of making bad side not seem bad? Like horde on wow? Or is it truly an evil side?

I have a 25 Jedi Sentinel and I'm leveling a 16 Smuggler Scoundrel on The Maw if you want to play over here. Pvp server. I'm fully light side Jedi and my Smuggler is evil as I can be because you're really sarcastic and it's funny.

Consular is the class for caster. Sage is the spec to heal or caster dps.

Clippersfan86
01-02-2012, 11:21 PM
I have a 25 Jedi Sentinel and I'm leveling a 16 Smuggler Scoundrel on The Maw if you want to play over here. Pvp server. I'm fully light side Jedi and my Smuggler is evil as I can be because you're really sarcastic and it's funny.

Consular is the class for caster. Sage is the spec to heal or caster dps.

Yea I already narrowed it down to the Inquisitor or the Consular about an hour ago. I think I'll go with Sage. How strong is healing for Sage?

clipse026
01-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Yea I already narrowed it down to the Inquisitor or the Consular about an hour ago. I think I'll go with Sage. How strong is healing for Sage?
Have not played a Sage. But Inquisitor healing is strong. It's the same thing pretty much.

Pra
01-03-2012, 12:21 AM

Well if you want to kill people, and be the bad guy go Sith. If you want to play the hero or the "good guy" go Jedi. Whatever you do DO not try to be a bad jedi or good sith, there's badass armor you can't wear because of your light side / dark side points.

Sage isn' too shabby, I did enjoy playing it, but stopped due to enjoying my Sith Imperial agent.

clipse026
01-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Well if you want to kill people, and be the bad guy go Sith. If you want to play the hero or the "good guy" go Jedi. Whatever you do DO not try to be a bad jedi or good sith, there's badass armor you can't wear because of your light side / dark side points.

Sage isn' too shabby, I did enjoy playing it, but stopped due to enjoying my Sith Imperial agent.

You can always wear the Darkside armor...as a bad jedi. I'm playing a straight evil smuggler wearing the Dark gear. Pretty sure the stats are the same although I haven't checked.

Pra
01-03-2012, 12:28 AM
You can always wear the Darkside armor...as a bad jedi. I'm playing a straight evil smuggler wearing the Dark gear. Pretty sure the stats are the same although I haven't checked.

Yea I haven't checked on the stats of those kind of items either. Just found it weird seeing a Sith Marauder running around with a blue light saber lol.

clipse026
01-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Yea I haven't checked on the stats of those kind of items either. Just found it weird seeing a Sith Marauder running around with a blue light saber lol.
I have a red saber from pvp on my pure lightside jedi. Looks pretty cool with a blue and red.

Pra
01-03-2012, 12:39 AM
I have a red saber from pvp on my pure lightside jedi. Looks pretty cool with a blue and red.

Ahh nice, PVP gear is legit. Got a nice blaster rifle from the vendor.

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Clipse I wanted to be a Consular but Inquisitor just looks so much stronger. I prefer lightning and fire over push and pull spells. I'll still try your server on the Jedi side soon but wanna try Inquisitor first I think. About to play for first time.

clipse026
01-03-2012, 01:48 AM
Clipse I wanted to be a Consular but Inquisitor just looks so much stronger. I prefer lightning and fire over push and pull spells. I'll still try your server on the Jedi side soon but wanna try Inquisitor first I think. About to play for first time.
:lol no problem. Sith has it's appeal for sure.

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Changed mind last second. Making a Sage now on your server bro. When do I get first companion? Supposedly it's the best companion Consular can have. Also when do I get to specialize into Sage?

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Hmmm not sure which racial is better. Human or Mirialan.

clipse026
01-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Hmmm not sure which racial is better. Human or Mirialan.
The racials are pretty worthless. You get the companion around level 6 or 7 depending on how fast you do your class questing and all. You specialize at level 10.

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 02:15 AM
The racials are pretty worthless. You get the companion around level 6 or 7 depending on how fast you do your class questing and all. You specialize at level 10.

Okay cool. Picked Mirialan. My name is Jurisdiction. Just created character.

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 02:18 AM
I want a Purple lightsaber. Wonder how long I gotta wait to get that. Can you modify crystals?

clipse026
01-03-2012, 02:38 AM
I want a Purple lightsaber. Wonder how long I gotta wait to get that. Can you modify crystals?
Yea you can make them with one of the crafting professions. Dont remember which though.

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 03:13 AM
Bad news. My rig can't handle it bro. It's way too choppy. It's pretty solid when I take off shadows but no point in playing a game if it can only be played on all minimum settings/no shadows. It's annoying because my specs should be good enough.

clipse026
01-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Bad news. My rig can't handle it bro. It's way too choppy. It's pretty solid when I take off shadows but no point in playing a game if it can only be played on all minimum settings/no shadows. It's annoying because my specs should be good enough.

Lol that sucks. I played Wrath of the Lich King WoW on a Netbook. It wasn't all that bad, but minimum settings definitely sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 03:27 AM
Lol that sucks. I played Wrath of the Lich King WoW on a Netbook. It wasn't all that bad, but minimum settings definitely sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Back to Skyrim lol. I'm trading it straight up for Skyrim PS3 on Craigs. Let's see who takes it. I'm sure somebody will want it by tomorrow.

ukballer
01-03-2012, 04:31 AM
That sucks man, I actually tried running min specs just to see what they looked like, and I don't notice a lot of difference between lowest and highest actually.

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 05:19 AM
That sucks man, I actually tried running min specs just to see what they looked like, and I don't notice a lot of difference between lowest and highest actually.

I'd upgrade laptop graphics chip but I heard it's a bit*h. I've done desktop ones, never laptop.

Clippersfan86
01-03-2012, 05:50 PM
So I downloaded Gamebooster and it's helped a ton. It kills all processes you don't need and optimizes computer for gaming, including it's own power setting mode etc.

I'm also having less lag as a Sith. I think it's because the Jedi lands are big open forest compared to all the ships/tombs of Sith which are smaller and less detailed.

I'm continuing to play it until somebody offers me Skyrim.

bdreason
01-05-2012, 05:40 AM
I have a level 50 SI Sorcerer on EU PvP server. Farming Commendations and Heroics now.

Rasheed1
01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Imma level 15 consular sage. Im pretty good, but I cant get by by this mysterious sith guy.. he keeps pulling out the victory at the last second.. Its driving me nuts :mad:

I should be able to beat this guy. I might have to go back and do some more missions until im like level 17 ...

:facepalm

Flagrant 2
01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Imma level 15 consular sage. Im pretty good, but I cant get by by this mysterious sith guy.. he keeps pulling out the victory at the last second.. Its driving me nuts :mad:

I should be able to beat this guy. I might have to go back and do some more missions until im like level 17 ...

Even with your companion tanking?

clipse026
01-06-2012, 03:55 PM

I can give you a hand on it later if that's the guy you made on The Maw. Since I can enter your phase as a non consular.

Rasheed1
01-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Even with your companion tanking?

My Transdoshan partner is going at him, but the sith just rips the guy apart very fast...

Im throwing dirt & rocks at this guy. Im using force channel, I got a shield on me and my companion, we both have force valor going........ And I still cant beat him...

I can give you a hand on it later if that's the guy you made on The Maw. Since I can enter your phase as a non consular.

Im learning that this might be the only way to beat the guy... Get another player to come in with me and finish this smart mouth sith guy...

Im gonna play a little later, I'll post my server and other info when I go and figure it out

Rasheed1
01-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Im on the lord Idelis Server.. I beat the sith last night after I got to level 16. I got me a space ship and now Im on Taris.

ukballer
01-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Just finished up the missions on Tatooine and have now landed in Alderaan. Got my Sith Assassin at level 31 now, really looking forward to seeing how the story develops. Got so much more motivation to play this than I ever had playing WoW.

Pra
01-07-2012, 11:53 PM

Ya @ lvl 17 he's easily beatable. I tried at 15 too haha :facepalm

Rasheed1
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
We should pick a server for ISH posters. What server are you on? Im on the Lord Ieldis server. Im still doing my class/game missions, but I want to hook up with some ISH cats to do some flashpoints and some heroics too. I also need to get that guap up boy!!!

I need 40,000 credits so I can stop hiking the hot deserts of Tatooine while I see people cruising around on speeders..

planets are big and I spend too much time hiking

DeuceWallaces
01-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Been 50 for a few weeks now and having fun in the endgame flashpoints, pvp, and operations.

Started a new Operative and got him up to 15!

intrinsic
01-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Just finished up the missions on Tatooine and have now landed in Alderaan. Got my Sith Assassin at level 31 now, really looking forward to seeing how the story develops. Got so much more motivation to play this than I ever had playing WoW.
Yeah, the story was well done although I didn't care much for the Sith Sorcerer 's saga. A few exploits (speedhacks) starting to appear in warzones. That's to be expected with new pvp games. I like huttball - a lot. The flashpoints I don't even bother with anymore. Between the time it takes to find a group, and complete the flashpoint itself, I'm just not interested. A month and a half in, I can't say how long I'll sub once I finish the single player stuff.

ukballer
01-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Yeah, the story was well done although I didn't care much for the Sith Sorcerer 's saga. A few exploits (speedhacks) starting to appear in warzones. That's to be expected with new pvp games. I like huttball - a lot. The flashpoints I don't even bother with anymore. Between the time it takes to find a group, and complete the flashpoint itself, I'm just not interested. A month and a half in, I can't say how long I'll sub once I finish the single player stuff.

I'm slowly working my way through my Assassin's story still, currently level 37. I don't play a huge amount, maybe only 3-4 hours or more a week. I absolutely love the story so far and can't wait to see how everything unfolds. I rarely bother with Flashpoints either. Sometimes I just wait until they're grey in my mission log and go solo them. I know the XP from that is minimal, but sometimes it takes forever to try and get a group together. Same goes for Heroics. I always try and get these done, but like Flashpoints, sometimes it takes a long time to get a group together, especially if someone in the group is really **** about getting 4 different character specs together and won't allow 2 tanks, 2 DPS etc. This is especially annoying at not so populated planets like Taris. I've got a load of HC +4 quests to do, but hardly anyone else seems to be looking for a group at the same time I am. I don't mind doing HC's at all, but I'm more of a solo type player.

Once I get my Assassin's story done, I think I might roll a Jedi of somesort and work through that.

EDIT: I rarely bother with Space missions either, just no motivation to play through them for whatever reason.

intrinsic
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I do like the space missions. It goes back to one of my favorite pc games of all time x-wing, and x-wing vs tie fighter.

Took the Sorcerer through the first act, and then switched over republic to a vanguard. I won't say why I liked this story better than the other, spoilers. Fortunately, I was able to see most of the heroic quests during the first two weeks when the server, and most every planet, was high pop. Now, I skip them unless I can go by myself, or someone is asking in /1.

:oldlol: Yeah, those rigid player who want to fit this game within the framework of their WoW experience, I don't have time for. The game is fun when I get to kill stuff. I don't want to be lectured by some guy about the perfect strategy for a level 23 quest. It isn't that serious!

outbreak
01-30-2012, 05:24 PM
So is this game worth buying guys? I'm thinking of getting it later this week, i played wow for afew years (not ultra hardcore) but got bored and i've always played the KOTOR and jedi knight games when they all came out.

intrinsic
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
So is this game worth buying guys? I'm thinking of getting it later this week, i played wow for afew years (not ultra hardcore) but got bored and i've always played the KOTOR and jedi knight games when they all came out.

If you like KOTOR, and you don't mind the subscription fee, I would highly recommend the game. Some people don't like paying to play a game once they've already bought it. There's a ton of content for the single player.

outbreak
01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
If you like KOTOR, and you don't mind the subscription fee, I would highly recommend the game. Some people don't like paying to play a game once they've already bought it. There's a ton of content for the single player.
I don't mind paying subs. I've been through afew mmos with subs before. Vanguard was imo the best mmo until you hit around lvl 14 then there was no content and what content existed was bugged.
Hows the end game in TOR is it really easy to get everything like in wow these days or is it actually semi challenging? I hate in wow now how everybody looks the same and has access to the same gear through simple means.

intrinsic
01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't mind paying subs. I've been through afew mmos with subs before. Vanguard was imo the best mmo until you hit around lvl 14 then there was no content and what content existed was bugged.
Hows the end game in TOR is it really easy to get everything like in wow these days or is it actually semi challenging? I hate in wow now how everybody looks the same and has access to the same gear through simple means.

Raiding isn't my thing. I'll let Deuce, bdreason, or someone else answer that one.
Max level pvp is pretty slow since they split 50's into their own bracket. It's going to be pretty discouraging when you make it there. Expertise gear makes a HUGE difference (this is why 50's were moved to their own bracket). PvP at max level is a long grind for gear. Skill won't make up the difference there. I still have fun with it, but there are plenty of people who were salty once it was patched. The queues at 50 grew longer, and they had to play against more people in champion's gear.
I went into the game figuring it would be WoW with light sabres. Almost a month and a half later, I'm still logging 8 or more hours a week and still enjoying it.

DeuceWallaces
02-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Raiding is pretty easy. eight man normal modes can be pugged as long as half the group isn't incompetent. Hard modes aren't that much more difficult with a little gear and common sense. Compared to vanilla WoW (40 man Molten Core) or Age of Conan (T3 and T4) the high end content is fairly easy.

PvP is also very busy even after the bracket split on my server. I don't have to wait more than a few minutes for a match and based on my guild list showing where people are; there's usually 5-6 concurrent matches of lvl 50 going on and similar for sub 50 on Canderous Ordo. It's a pretty short grind for the first level of gear, but it will be long, as with every other mmo, for high end (Battlemaster) gear.

The good thing is that PvE gear is plenty fine in most cases. I dominate lots of matches in full PvE gear.

intrinsic
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
PvP is also very busy even after the bracket split on my server. I don't have to wait more than a few minutes for a match and based on my guild list showing where people are; there's usually 5-6 concurrent matches of lvl 50 going on and similar for sub 50 on Canderous Ordo. It's a pretty short grind for the first level of gear, but it will be long, as with every other mmo, for high end (Battlemaster) gear.

The good thing is that PvE gear is plenty fine in most cases. I dominate lots of matches in full PvE gear.

On both servers I play (Nadd's Sarcophagus and I forget the other atm.) there are never more than 2 warzones going on simultaneously. This is true even during peak hours 6pm-midnight. Server pop floats between standard and high in the evenings. If I didn't have so much time invested, I would start over somewhere else.

Didn't know that about PVE gear since I don't have access to it.

DeuceWallaces
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm on Canderous Ordo. If I check my guild member window when I get on after work ~7pm EST I will see location for multiple guildies like Voidstar (3), The Pit (2), and The Civil War (2) indicating that there are at least 7 concurrent PvP matches running. Last night we ran a pre-made for until 1am without waiting more than a few minutes in-between.

And you should be able to pug out easy mode operations and hard mode flashpoints with pretty good success to get some quick PvE gear.

You can always transfer to my server and I'll invite you to my guild. We run everything except nightmare raids at the moment, but I'm sure that will change.

outbreak
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Finally got this last night. I've only had time to play afew hours but it's real good so far. The quests are actually worth listening to. I'm a bounty hunter on the mind trick server atm, any tips on things I should be doing?

heyhey
02-09-2012, 08:38 PM
I think I'm getting this game as well. will be my first MMO ever, I liked KOTOR too much to pass this up I think

Rasheed1
03-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Funny little cartoon about SWTOR (http://kotaku.com/5891573/animated-star-wars-the-old-republic-makes-hilarious-light-of-unpredictable-dialogue)

:lol

intrinsic
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
The game is struggling right now, but that was to be expected as a young MMO. Server mergers and players returning from Diablo will help, but it's going to take a little patience to stick with this game as it matures into what it should have been. I've had a lot of fun with it. The Imperial Agent was my favorite class story. IMO, it was so well done, it could have been a standalone single player game.

I'm sticking with it, continuing my sub. I've liked what content Bioware has given me so far.

Edit: server transfers opened today. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

June 12th, 2012

Origin Server --> Destination Server

Keller's Void --> Jedi Covenant
Hedarr Soongh --> The Fatman
Soresu --> The Harbinger
Rakata Mind Prison --> The Bastion
Stereb Cities --> The Jedi Tower
Eye of Ashlanae --> The Red Eclipse
Phateem Halls of Knowledge --> Mantle of the Force
The Restoration Zone --> Jar’Kai Sword
The Shadow Runner --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Mecrosa Order --> Darth Nihilus

Origin Server --> Destination Server

NA Server
The Courageous --> Canderous Ordo
Kath Hound --> The Ebon Hawk
Ven Zallow --> Jung Ma
Fa'athra --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge
Lord Ieldis --> Begeren Colony

European Server (German)
Zayne Carrick --> Vanjervalis Chain

European Server (English)
Shaltin Tunnels --> The Progenitor

European Server (French)
Kessel Run --> Battle Meditation

DeuceWallaces
06-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Depending on your server it could have been a bummer the past month. Luckily are guild was transferred to a high pop server pre-launch (Canderous Ordo) and we're still going strong since launch. Pops nearly doubled last night after the transfers.

intrinsic
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Finally getting into some of the end game stuff. Lost Island was fun. It's challenging, and the droid boss is almost a cheesy diffculty curve since my latency spikes 200ms and higher during peak. It can be the difference between incinerate wiping the group and interrupting on cast. Whenever BW decides to open transfers without a restrictive destination, I'll probably take my Vanguard to a West Coast server.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Glad nobobdy bought it off me. Got computer that can run it on high now. Is this game worth playing? Any improvements so far? I tried for a day but when I got to big cities it was unplayable.

DeuceWallaces
07-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Lost Island and Kaon Under Siege are a lot of fun, but you need a good group.

Ikill
07-24-2012, 07:37 PM
How is this game? Kotor is one my favorite games i ****ing love that game. How does the whole thing work anyway?

intrinsic
07-31-2012, 11:55 AM
How is this game? Kotor is one my favorite games i ****ing love that game. How does the whole thing work anyway?

That is tough to say. The leveling system isn't the same. Whereas Jedi levels in KOTOR are incentive enough for a second playthrough, the advanced class for TOR is always level 10. There are 2 advanced class choices for each, but it wasn't enough for me to go back through and play the opposite advanced class just for the story. I liked a lot of what Bioware did for the class stories. I've said before, the Imperial Agent was well-done, and I believe it would have been good enough for a game on its own.

How does the rest of the game work? Pretty much like every other MMO.

Clippersfan86
08-13-2012, 04:40 AM
Game is going full free to play in November! I love how high quality free games are forcing other games into this route of f2p with item shops and purchaseable content.

Burgz V2
12-14-2012, 08:56 AM
thought I'd bump this thread.

Started playing this (free-to-play) a couple days ago. I think in general the game is pretty fun. The missions are pretty cool, and the game has a lot of depth and re-play value with the different classes and mission stories.

Unfortunately, during high volume times it is just soooooo laggy it borders unplayable. Even during standard server volumes it is pretty slow and annoying.

Playing as a Sith Warrior, just got my lightsaber. Haven't tried leaving Korriban yet so i'll update this thread periodically for anyone considering downloading this.

Rasheed1
12-14-2012, 11:15 AM
thought I'd bump this thread.

Started playing this (free-to-play) a couple days ago. I think in general the game is pretty fun. The missions are pretty cool, and the game has a lot of depth and re-play value with the different classes and mission stories.

Unfortunately, during high volume times it is just soooooo laggy it borders unplayable. Even during standard server volumes it is pretty slow and annoying.

Playing as a Sith Warrior, just got my lightsaber. Haven't tried leaving Korriban yet so i'll update this thread periodically for anyone considering downloading this.

:cheers: I been playing for a while, but I just recently created my first sith character which was also a sith warrior.. Im on tatooine right now. The story has been pretty good so far.

The part with Vemrin on korriban was pretty fun.

Burgz V2
12-14-2012, 11:49 AM
:cheers: I been playing for a while, but I just recently created my first sith character which was also a sith warrior.. Im on tatooine right now. The story has been pretty good so far.

The part with Vemrin on korriban was pretty fun.

yea i agree. the storyline elements remind me a lot of KOTOR 1. Are you just going through the storyline or are you doing the side missions? I'm trying to get a sith robe but don't really know where to look :confusedshrug:

Rasheed1
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
yea i agree. the storyline elements remind me a lot of KOTOR 1. Are you just going through the storyline or are you doing the side missions? I'm trying to get a sith robe but don't really know where to look :confusedshrug:

I am more a starwars fan than I am a mmorpg type guy. I generally just play for the story. I do side missions (you sorta have too) or you wont be able to keep up as everything gets harder. I dont do alot of heroics or flashpoints though. I might do that stuff more after I exhaust all the storylines. Sith robes huh? I havent found any (I bought a nice set from the cartel network tho.) but I'll try and figure where the robes are.

Burgz V2
12-14-2012, 03:32 PM
I am more a starwars fan than I am a mmorpg type guy. I generally just play for the story. I do side missions (you sorta have too) or you wont be able to keep up as everything gets harder. I dont do alot of heroics or flashpoints though. I might do that stuff more after I exhaust all the storylines. Sith robes huh? I havent found any (I bought a nice set from the cartel network tho.) but I'll try and figure where the robes are.

i tried to do the first flashpoint too early and died in literally 5 seconds :roll:

i googled it and apparently you can get a black one if you complete the "Revanites" quest and choose the dark side ending, so im gonna try that and see what happens

Rasheed1
12-14-2012, 07:48 PM
i tried to do the first flashpoint too early and died in literally 5 seconds :roll:

i googled it and apparently you can get a black one if you complete the "Revanites" quest and choose the dark side ending, so im gonna try that and see what happens

Heroics and Flashpoints are crazy... You need to team up with folks for that. Few times I did it, we got destroyed pretty quickly..

Revanites mission is on Drumond Kaas... I think I chose the light side ending for that...

you'll know when you come to the last decision.

Dave3
12-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Anybody still playing this? Specifically on the Jedi Covenant server?

El Kabong
12-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Anybody still playing this? Specifically on the Jedi Covenant server?
Gave it up 6-7 months ago and haven't really been tempted to pick it back up.

SixShooter
12-08-2013, 03:40 AM
I remember wanting to give this a whirl a while back. this thread might tempt me.

I heard it's free to play now, but that it's basically a pay to win game where the best players are the ones who just pay the most money for shit. Not really interested in it if thats the case.

ukballer
12-08-2013, 04:17 AM
Yeah I've not played it for about 6 months or so now. Not been tempted to come back, but I'm sure I will someday. With MMOs I usually play something constantly for a few weeks, then just stop completely. I get bored too quickly. Doesn't help that none of my friends are into MMOs so I always have to do heroics with strangers.

DeuceWallaces
12-08-2013, 04:46 PM
My guild is imp side Jedi Covenant. It's free to play but it's not pay to win. There's nothing you can buy to give you an advantage. It's mostly cosmetic stuff. FTP is a bit painful with your restrictions, but you can get unlocks through credits and the trader if you're hell bent on not paying anything. Ultimately, like any MMO you have to subscribe if you want full benefits and to be able to participate in end game raiding or PvP.

Anyway the space pvp expansion went live this Tuesday and it's awesome.

Rasheed1
12-19-2013, 09:10 PM
My guild is imp side Jedi Covenant. It's free to play but it's not pay to win. There's nothing you can buy to give you an advantage. It's mostly cosmetic stuff. FTP is a bit painful with your restrictions, but you can get unlocks through credits and the trader if you're hell bent on not paying anything. Ultimately, like any MMO you have to subscribe if you want full benefits and to be able to participate in end game raiding or PvP.

Anyway the space pvp expansion went live this Tuesday and it's awesome.

Im still playing and the space pvp is looking really good. I usually like planet-side missions more than space missions, but Im liking this expansion.. I hope they add more planets and story line too tho (I haven't explored the "dread Masters" planet yet)

Rasheed1
01-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Kira Carson > Jaesa Willsaam

DeuceWallaces
01-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Im still playing and the space pvp is looking really good. I usually like planet-side missions more than space missions, but Im liking this expansion.. I hope they add more planets and story line too tho (I haven't explored the "dread Masters" planet yet)

I did Oricon (Dread Master daily zone) a lot and I enjoyed it. It looks cool and is usually heavily populated with a fair amount of PVP going on. The quest line is cool and not bad to do over and over if you want those rewards.

outbreak
01-30-2014, 05:37 PM
is there still a decent fanbase? I played this from beta and launch but only ever got to something like level 35-40 from memory. Was a fun game but it felt like a single player game with too many grind style quests. I don't mind grind style quests in MMOs where there's more interaction. Is it worth trying this game out again?

Rasheed1
01-30-2014, 11:21 PM
I did Oricon (Dread Master daily zone) a lot and I enjoyed it. It looks cool and is usually heavily populated with a fair amount of PVP going on. The quest line is cool and not bad to do over and over if you want those rewards.

I been looking for a proper reason to go to Oricon.. I don't wanna just go there without a mission, but I will do it eventually.. The Czerka planet looks like a lot of fun too...

Im still trying to finish the other missions (Arcanum seeds of rage, section X, and some others) but I will eventually go there if they don't provide me with a mission to those planets..

DeuceWallaces
01-31-2014, 12:28 AM
is there still a decent fanbase? I played this from beta and launch but only ever got to something like level 35-40 from memory. Was a fun game but it felt like a single player game with too many grind style quests. I don't mind grind style quests in MMOs where there's more interaction. Is it worth trying this game out again?

It's come a loooooong way since launch. It's the second biggest western MMO behind WoW.

As for Oricon, I'm pretty sure the quest for Oricon is started on your Fleet by some NPC who will send you out there to do the chain.

Dave3
01-31-2014, 01:31 AM
They have a lot of PvP and group missions that you can get into through an automatic group finder, so you basically don't even need to do the main story anymore to get to lvl 55 (especially if you're a tank or healer).

What class did you play as? There have been quite a few changes.

Al Thorton
01-31-2014, 05:33 AM
give me a brief synopsis of a standard game session of this. star wars game sounds fun but some of them are craptastic

Dave3
01-31-2014, 07:07 AM
give me a brief synopsis of a standard game session of this. star wars game sounds fun but some of them are craptastic
You can do a ton of stuff. Play completely alone as if it's your own personal story. Play with people in group missions where there's usually 2 damagers, a healer, and one guy to take the damage in a dungeon where you fight bosses (these missions also have pretty good story), or you can do 8 vs 8 objective based matches. The options here are pretty diverse and entertaining.

The best part to me about the game though is definitely the class diversity. You can play as so many different characters (evil Sith Warrior, Sith Assassin, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler (they try to go for Han Solo type), an Imperial Agent (best story out of the classes), or your usual Jedi lightsaber master or force master. Within each class, you have 3 routes to go (and you can change these from time to time). A couple of classes have all 3 routes are different types of doing damage, while the others have 1 out of the 3 trees being a non damaging role (either healing or tanking). It's a very deep game with a TON to do. You can always start playing for free. There's not too many hindrances till lvl 50 where you can't get level up anymore to the normal cap (55) or participate in operations (huge group missions with 8 or 16 people).

DeuceWallaces
01-31-2014, 01:02 PM

It's an MMO so it holds pretty true to all the standard stuff you can do like solo questing, group content, and PvP.

outbreak
02-01-2014, 05:20 AM
They have a lot of PvP and group missions that you can get into through an automatic group finder, so you basically don't even need to do the main story anymore to get to lvl 55 (especially if you're a tank or healer).

What class did you play as? There have been quite a few changes.

i played mainly played bounty hunter, consular and sith warrior. An issue I had was that every class had so much coolness it was hard to choose just one. I might download it again and have a look if i can't find my retail copy (although with all the patches downloading may be easier). I'm also patching neverwinter at the moment to give that another shot.

Dave3
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
i played mainly played bounty hunter, consular and sith warrior. An issue I had was that every class had so much coolness it was hard to choose just one. I might download it again and have a look if i can't find my retail copy (although with all the patches downloading may be easier). I'm also patching neverwinter at the moment to give that another shot.
I'm the same way. I have a lvl 50 Sage(healer), lvl 38 Assassin(tank), lvl 40 Sentinel, lvl 37 Sniper, and lvl 17 Trooper (healer).

The best thing about this game to me are the roles and how fun each one is, so I'm always switching between my different guys to play something different for a bit.