PDA

View Full Version : Remember the game when Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown scored 84 points combined?

SyRyanYang
11-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Anyone?

asdf1990
11-25-2011, 11:13 PM
3 assists to 5 TO combined . Not that impressive .

DevilsAssassin
11-25-2011, 11:14 PM

against the Toronto Raptors great defensive frontcourt?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

longtime lurker
11-25-2011, 11:18 PM
:oldlol: you can only hope to contain Kwame Brown

Heavincent
11-25-2011, 11:21 PM

Are you implying that Kobe's 81 point game isn't impressive?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!

That's ****ing priceless.

RRR3
11-25-2011, 11:25 PM
I just noticed they have the same initials :lol

DCL
11-25-2011, 11:34 PM
kwame was beasting

32Dayz
11-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Toronto Raptors greatest defensive team of this generation.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dave3
11-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Toronto Raptors greatest defensive team of this generation.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
This is always the stupidest argument I see. I can understand bringing it up if people say "81>_" where the blank came against a much better defense sure, but that's not at all the case here.

The 81 was impressive, and it doesn't matter who it came against. It came against an NBA team and it was in the process of a comeback. The team was down close to 20 at the half and he alone made the comeback, scoring 50 in the second half...again, on an NBA team.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 12:05 AM
This is always the stupidest argument I see. I can understand bringing it up if people say "81>_" where the blank came against a much better defense sure, but that's not at all the case here.

The 81 was impressive, and it doesn't matter who it came against. It came against an NBA team and it was in the process of a comeback. The team was down close to 20 at the half and he alone made the comeback, scoring 50 in the second half...again, on an NBA team.

It really wasnt that impressive.

If you watch the game it was truly one of the most patheitc displays of defense ever.

It was an impressive peformance but not one that makes me think wow this was so freakin incredible a performance for the ages.

It was one of the best Volume shooters/scorers ever on a hot shooting night against a truly terrible defensive team.

was it far more impressive then Lebrons 52/12/12 or Wades 45/15/10/5/4 not really.

People act like that one game should actually effect the way people judge or rate Kobe.

:facepalm

jlip
11-26-2011, 12:12 AM

This

Cali Syndicate
11-26-2011, 12:24 AM

It definitely was impressive, no doubt about it. BUT...of course there's a but right?...he was basically stat padding up by 20 with 5 minutes left to play.

IMO the 62 point effort against Dallas was more impressive despite the fact refs were calling every ticky tack foul possible.

But most impressive part is that both these games came in the same season.

What if he had two 80 point games in 06? :eek:

StacksOnDeck
11-26-2011, 12:26 AM
It definitely was impressive, no doubt about it. BUT...of course there's a but right?...he was basically stat padding up by 20 with 5 minutes left to play.

IMO the 62 point effort against Dallas was more impressive despite the fact refs were calling every ticky tack foul possible.

Wilt stat padded too... shall we discredit his game too? :rolleyes:

Cali Syndicate
11-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Wilt stat padded too... shall we discredit his game too? :rolleyes:

So you're pro stat padding?

Dave3
11-26-2011, 12:43 AM

If you watch the game it was truly one of the most patheitc displays of defense ever.

It was an impressive peformance but not one that makes me think wow this was so freakin incredible a performance for the ages.

It was one of the best Volume shooters/scorers ever on a hot shooting night against a truly terrible defensive team.

was it far more impressive then Lebrons 52/12/12 or Wades 45/15/10/5/4 not really.

People act like that one game should actually effect the way people judge or rate Kobe.

LeBron's never had a 52/12/12 game. The closest he got was in NY, but he only had 9 rebounds.

And many many teams have had worse defensive games. Not many players have approached 80, let alone even 70 or 60 points in a game.

And you realize "displays of hot shooting" are always the most impressive in NBA history right? That's why superstar scorers are the most valuable role in the NBA.

Dave3
11-26-2011, 12:45 AM
:oldlol: He's from the same group of posters that's been in every Cavs/Heat thread throughout the last 3 years just so they can type

"LeBron stat padding:lol " or "LeStatPad"

But yeah, now nothing is wrong with it.

StacksOnDeck
11-26-2011, 12:45 AM

no I'm pro record book.

Heavincent
11-26-2011, 12:47 AM

Yep, scoring 81 points isn't really that impressive. It's happened plenty of times before in the NBA.

Oh wait...

StacksOnDeck
11-26-2011, 12:48 AM
:oldlol: He's from the same group of posters that's been in every Cavs/Heat thread throughout the last 3 years just so they can type

Wha? Who the hell are you?

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Yep, scoring 81 points isn't really that impressive. It's happened plenty of times before in the NBA.

Oh wait...

Wilt scored 100.

How many people have gotten 52/12/12 or 48/15/10/5/4

or 62/20/5 on 80% FG?

its a unique and impressive performance but I dont think it was anything beyond that.

Heavincent
11-26-2011, 12:53 AM
its a unique and impressive performance but I dont think it was anything beyond that.

Wait, what?

You just said this:

But now you're saying this:

its a unique and impressive performance

Yeah, you're retarded. You're not even worth arguing with. It's the second best regular season performance of all time.

Cali Syndicate
11-26-2011, 12:53 AM
no I'm pro record book.

Uh, what NBA fan doesn't like watching record breaking games?

Be it the record being broken isn't the type like the Nets were fending for 2 seasons ago.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 12:55 AM
It's the second best regular season performance of all time.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Not even close.

It's probably not even top 10.

What a joke you are. :facepalm

Dave3
How many people have gotten 52/12/12 or 48/15/10/5/4

Why do you keep bringing that up? It never happened...(if you're referring to LeBron)

StacksOnDeck
Uh, what NBA fan doesn't like watching record breaking games?

Be it the record being broken isn't the type like the Nets were fending for 2 seasons ago.

Apparently you don't since you don't like players stat padding and that's how records are broken.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 12:57 AM
Why do you keep bringing that up? It never happened...(if you're referring to LeBron)

What do you mean it didn't happen?

Heavincent
11-26-2011, 12:57 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Not even close.

It's probably not even top 10.

What a joke you are. :facepalm

Not even top 10?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You're the dumbest piece of shit on ISH. Congratulations.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Not even top 10?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:rant Congratulations.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm217/Allume-Le-Cirque/Sig/Kobe-U-Mad.jpg
Yea... Kobe knows your mad. xD.

It was just a hot shooting night by Kobe who is reknown for 1 thing "volume shooting".

It was bound to happen it was impressive but not in the sense of all-time performances.

There have been so many better all around performances against actual decent nba teams.

That night will be know for two thing. Kobe's scoring and one of the worst defensive showings of all time.

what a joke you are.

Top 20.. probably, top 10 doubtful.

Heavincent
11-26-2011, 01:02 AM

It was just a hot shooting night by Kobe who is reknown for 1 thing "volume shooting".

It was bound to happen it was impressive but not in the sense of all-time performances.

There have been so many better all around performances against actual decent nba teams.

That night will be know for two thing. Kobe's scoring and one of the worst defensive showings of all time.

what a joke you are.

I don't even see a point in any of your posts. Whenever I read your posts all I see is "ARGH I HATE KOBE!!!:rant :rant :rant"

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 01:04 AM
I don't even see a point in any of your posts. Whenever I read your posts all I see is "ARGH I HATE KOBE!!!:rant :rant :rant"

Thats what you see but I actually have full respect for Kube and his career and accomplishments and his "actual ability"

However I dont hug his nuts or overrate him which most of his fans do unfortunately.

I have seen so many amazing Regular Season performances that I honestly cant say that would crack my top 10. Maybe if your judging games on pure volume scoring then yea itd be top 1-5 probably but that isnt how I do it.

Dave3
11-26-2011, 01:04 AM
What do you mean it didn't happen?
I mean it didn't happen. As in there is no game in LeBron's career where he put up 52/12/12....

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 01:06 AM
I mean it didn't happen. As in there is no game in LeBron's career where he put up 52/12/12....

Pretty sure it was against the Knicks.

Big#50
11-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Stat padding against the Raptors surely is the greatest performance of all time.
That fourth quarter was a ****ing disgrace to the game I love the most.

JohnnyWall
11-26-2011, 01:07 AM
It was just a hot shooting night by Kobe

Uh.. Yes, and how does that lessen it as an achievement? That's like saying player X's game-winning shot was "just hot shooting" or team Y's championship was "just hot defense."

Kobe's 81 point game was impressive, if just for one reason alone: because it's a scoring accomplishment that hasn't been attained by hardly any players in the history of the NBA. Kobe's 81 point game was the single highest scoring performance by an NBA player that has ever been broadcast on television.

Cali Syndicate
11-26-2011, 01:08 AM

I seriously don't see how people call Lebron is a stat padder when his production was leading his team to back to back 60 win seasons with his 2nd best player being Mo Williams.

But FYI I'm not a fan of Lebron. Mainly the league and media is to blame for this with the way they were labeling him coming into the NBA at 18 years old as the "Chosen One" and "King James" when he hasn't even proven anything. I understand hyping a player up and all but that was a bit much for my taste. And it's carried with me his entire career. And while I'm still not a fan, I am convinced he's lived up to the hype.

ItsTwisted
11-26-2011, 01:09 AM

what a joke you are.

You are a complete joke. I will admit it wasnt the greatest performance ever but to sit here and say its very possible to do, then why has it only been done twice in NBA history? Yes Toronto was bad defensively but if you watched the game, you would see that once Kobe started getting hot, they were throwing multiple defenders at him. It doesnt matter how good you are offensively if you have two to three guys infront of you, its very hard to shoot, and shoot the way he did that night.

I will agree with you that it wasnt the best ever, I actually believe his 62 against Dallas in 3 quarters against their defense was more impressive. He probably would have beaten his 81 points had Phil kept him in.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 01:09 AM
All-Time regular season performance.

D-Wade vs Chicago in 09.

48 Points / 6 rebounds / 12 assists / 4 steals / 3 blocks

15-21 .714% FG% / 5-6 3PT .833% 3PT%

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Uh.. Yes, and how does that lessen it as an achievement? That's like saying player X's game-winning shot was "just hot shooting" or team Y's championship was "just hot defense."

Kobe's 81 point game was impressive.

I said it was impressive.
A unique and impressive performance.

I just personally dont think it would be in my top 10 all time RS performances.

:confusedshrug:

BallsOut
11-26-2011, 01:11 AM

Nope. Never happened bro, sorry.

Cali Syndicate
11-26-2011, 01:12 AM

I know Lebron has a few 40 point triple doubles, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any 50 point triple doubles.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 01:13 AM
I know Lebron has a few 40 point triple doubles, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any 50 point triple doubles.

I'll look for it.

I could swear he went for 52/12/12.

Dave3
11-26-2011, 01:14 AM
No, like I already told you in the previous post, he had only 9 rebounds that game. He initially had 10, but when the game was reviewed, they took the 10th rebound away because it was just Ben Wallace passing him the ball.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 01:16 AM
No, like I already told you in the previous post, he had only 9 rebounds that game. He initially had 10, but when the game was reviewed, they took the 10th rebound away because it was just Ben Wallace passing him the ball.

Well 52/9/10-12 is just as impressive to me its not like getting the extra rebound makes a big difference.

Dave3
11-26-2011, 01:17 AM
I seriously don't see how people call Lebron is a stat padder when his production was leading his team to back to back 60 win seasons with his 2nd best player being Mo Williams.

But FYI I'm not a fan of Lebron. Mainly the league and media is to blame for this with the way they were labeling him coming into the NBA at 18 years old as the "Chosen One" and "King James" when he hasn't even proven anything. I understand hyping a player up and all but that was a bit much for my taste. And it's carried with me his entire career. And while I'm still not a fan, I am convinced he's lived up to the hype.
They say it usually when he plays a minute or two in the fourth quarter of a blowout and scores or gets an assist. They're always there to point out "see!! he's getting empty stats so his look better!!"

Imagine that. There's always 3 or 4 trolls (of a certain specific player) in every thread about a game LeBron is in, just so they can point out every negative they see. Including when he scores if the coach puts him in the game if there's a large margin.

But no, when other players stat pad, nothing is wrong with it...

Dave3
11-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Well 52/9/10-12 is just as impressive to me its not like getting the extra rebound makes a big difference.
Scoring is more impressive than overall games. People remember Jordan's 69, or his 63 in the playoffs. Not his 40/12/9 game whenever.

People remember Chamberlain's 100, Kobe's 81, David Robinson's 72(or 71?), and Shaq's 61. Scoring outputs are both more memorable and more impressive.

JohnnyWall
11-26-2011, 01:21 AM
If I recall correctly, LeBron scored 52 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists that night in NY, two days after Kobe's 61-point game.

And then like Dave3 said, I think they reviewed it to 9 rebounds.

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-26-2011, 01:22 AM
Only on ISH can a guy score 81 points and have it not be one of the most impressive feats ever

Just like outscoring an entire team by yourself isn't that great either huh? :oldlol:

This forum gets more and more hilarious everyday.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Scoring is more impressive than overall games. People remember Jordan's 69, or his 63 in the playoffs. Not his 40/12/9 game whenever.

People remember Chamberlain's 100, Kobe's 81, David Robinson's 72(or 71?), and Shaq's 61. Scoring outputs are both more memorable and more impressive.

I remember Shaq's 42 or was it 46/20/5/7 game against the Kings for instance above that 61 performance.

not everyone judges greatness the same way.

I dont say it wasnt an amazing performance just that I dont think it automatically becomes #1 or #2 due to just points.

Cali Syndicate
11-26-2011, 01:28 AM
They say it usually when he plays a minute or two in the fourth quarter of a blowout and scores or gets an assist. They're always there to point out "see!! he's getting empty stats so his look better!!"

Imagine that. There's always 3 or 4 trolls (of a certain specific player) in every thread about a game LeBron is in, just so they can point out every negative they see. Including when he scores if the coach puts him in the game if there's a large margin.

But no, when other players stat pad, nothing is wrong with it...

I haven't been on this board very long but it's very evident this is true.

And a score or an assist with the shot clock counting down is controlling the game while protecting the lead. Not really considered stat-padding way I see it. Shooting with the intention to rack points on every possession in the final 5 minutes with a 20 point lead? Eh....whatever. He did it for his grandma and the fans.

Dave3
11-26-2011, 01:29 AM
I remember Shaq's 42 or was it 46/20/5/7 game against the Kings for instance above that 61 performance.

not everyone judges greatness the same way.

I dont say it wasnt an amazing performance just that I dont think it automatically becomes #1 or #2 due to just points.
No one said #1. In terms of regular season though, it's definitely top 3 or top 5, based on numbers alone. (I say numbers alone because I've watched 10 years of the NBA, not the last 40, so I've seen very little in comparison to its history)

81 points
Very high efficiency
Came in a comeback
Hit very tough shots

What more do you want in a game? A couple more balls bouncing his way off the rim would all of a sudden take it from "impressive" to greatest?

Cali Syndicate
11-26-2011, 01:31 AM

True. No one really talks about Shaq's 24/28/15 triple double even though it was a great performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsSINvjnkjw

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 01:32 AM
No one said #1. In terms of regular season though, it's definitely top 3 or top 5, based on numbers alone. (I say numbers alone because I've watched 10 years of the NBA, not the last 40, so I've seen very little in comparison to its history)

81 points
Very high efficiency
Came in a comeback
Hit very tough shots

What more do you want in a game? A couple more balls bouncing his way off the rim would all of a sudden take it from "impressive" to greatest?

Top 10 might not be a stretch. Top 5.. I doubt it.

I have seen some Insane Triple Double's.

Quadruple double games.

Really.. there have been so many ridiculous amazing games in the regular season that go overlooked.

It might be Top 10, Top 5.. I guess depending on your criteria but I doubt that's an automatic. Top 3.. no (or yes if you personally like it).

I doubt it'd be top 3 or top 5 if your just judging it based from a statistical standpoint.

Again.. certain people might think its the GOAT performance while others think there a bunch better.

Its more preference and opinion in this case then fact.

JohnnyWall
11-26-2011, 01:33 AM
I haven't been on this board very long but it's very evident this is true.

And a score or an assist with the shot clock counting down is controlling the game while protecting the lead. Not really considered stat-padding way I see it. Shooting with the intention to rack points on every possession in the final 5 minutes with a 20 point lead? Eh....whatever. He did it for his grandma and the fans.

But where's the threshold? At what point advantage does a shot turn from lead protection to stat padding? I'd say you can't objectively say that it's stat padding, and therefore scoring accomplishments shouldn't use that as a determining factor.

Doctor Rivers
11-26-2011, 01:40 AM
I'll look for it.

I could swear he went for 52/12/12.

good job.

Nevaeh
11-26-2011, 01:43 AM

The biggest key right here. It also didn't help that his coach, who was always preaching "Team Play-Get Others Involved" during the early 90s, was actually co-signing on the stat padding himself. A sweep last year was exactly what Kobe and Phil deserved.

Doctor Rivers
11-26-2011, 01:43 AM

Top 10 might not be a stretch. Top 5.. I doubt it.

It might be Top 10, Top 5.. I guess depending on your criteria but I doubt that's an automatic. Top 3.. no (or yes if you personally like it).

I doubt it'd be top 3 or top 5 if your just judging it based from a statistical standpoint.

someone can't make up their mind.

Doctor Rivers
11-26-2011, 01:45 AM
A sweep last year was exactly what Kobe and Phil deserved.

yup, that along with their 5 riings

D-Wade316
11-26-2011, 01:48 AM
So you're a Kobe fan as well? :eek:

Doctor Rivers
11-26-2011, 01:51 AM
So you're a Kobe fan as well? :eek:

not really, i like wade much more. i just don't like reading trollish posts all the time

Nevaeh
11-26-2011, 01:53 AM

Which don't have jack sh!t to do with thread topic. What's wrong, your boy ain't winning fast enough, so you're hopping aboard the "Kobe-Train" too? (As if you're actually a Wade fan anyway)

24r2
11-26-2011, 02:01 AM
why are you guys even talkin about fatass shaq who can only dream of scorin 81

longtime lurker
11-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Only on ISH can Kobe score 81 points and have it not be one of the most impressive feats ever

Just like outscoring an entire team by yourself isn't that great either huh? :oldlol:

This forum gets more and more hilarious everyday.

I fixed that for you

Nevaeh
11-26-2011, 02:12 AM
All-Time regular season performance.

D-Wade vs Chicago in 09.

48 Points / 6 rebounds / 12 assists / 4 steals / 3 blocks

15-21 .714% FG% / 5-6 3PT .833% 3PT%

2 big points right here. he actually shared the ball with his teammates, and didn't chuck like a maniac on a defenseless team (pun intended) when the game was already decided.

bwink23
11-26-2011, 02:42 AM
Great individual performance, but lackluster ending....i thought he should have sat after he beat Elgin's Laker record. But alas, the D-bag kept shooting....74 or 75 just doesnt seem as impressive as 81 does it?? But if you looked at the score and and the time of which he scored 74 or 75, it would have been the ideal time to pull him....most would have sat down or quit shooting, NOT KOBE! Now if that game was a nail-biter down to the closing moments, it would have been way different. The stat padding at the end during a game already in hand was a low blow to an otherwise incredible shooting night.

sagr32
11-26-2011, 02:51 AM
Great individual performance, but lackluster ending....i thought he should have sat after he beat Elgin's Laker record. But alas, the D-bag kept shooting....74 or 75 just doesnt seem as impressive as 81 does it?? But if you looked at the score and and the time of which he scored 74 or 75, it would have been the ideal time to pull him....most would have sat down or quit shooting, NOT KOBE! Now if that game was a nail-biter down to the closing moments, it would have been way different. The stat padding at the end during a game already in hand was a low blow to an otherwise incredible shooting night.
Why would you stop shooting when you're setting a team record for a historic franchise like the Lakers? With all the legends the lakers have had Kobe definitely stamped his name in the history books as their best scorer.

32Dayz
11-26-2011, 02:52 AM
Why would you stop shooting when you're setting a team record for a historic franchise like the Lakers? With all the legends the lakers have had Kobe definitely stamped his name in the history books as their best scorer.
Laker Scorers.
Shaq > Kareem > Wilt > West > Kobe

SyRyanYang
11-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Laker Scorers.
Shaq > Kareem > Wilt > West > Kobe

:applause: Troll harder

Jacks3
11-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Ether. :oldlol:

lol @ that clown Naveah hating like a bitch.