PDA

View Full Version : I just drove by a trailer park.

shlver
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
And noticed more than 75% had a satellite dish. Government aid that enables the poor to make terrible decisions by giving them financial crutches without suffering consequences will keep perpetuating the problem. And the funny thing is there are jobs the poor won't accept because the pay rate doesn't exceed government benefits. Have the poor become to comfortable? Yes they have. Is there any incentive to escape the crutches that we provide for them? No there isn't.

TheMan
11-29-2011, 02:49 PM
:sleeping

KeylessEntry
11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
sure starface.... the poor are "too comfortable" :oldlol:

this country would be way better if the poor had to live in cardboard shanty towns like they do in India and Mexico... then those lazy poor people would be motivated to take those shit jobs that dont pay a livable wage.

rufuspaul
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
It is a widely known fact that only rich people have satellite dishes.

AirGauge23
11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah, but it's probably the basic package.

bballer
11-29-2011, 03:03 PM
One of these days we will realize that we can't keep giving handouts to people.

Loans are ok, giving without expecting anything in return=why we have so many poor lazy people

shlver
11-29-2011, 03:14 PM

this country would be way better if the poor had to live in cardboard shanty towns like they do in India and Mexico... then those lazy poor people would be motivated to take those shit jobs that dont pay a livable wage.
Yes, when people who are in debt and supposedly can't live on their own buy luxuries like satellite tv, poverty has become too comfortable in America.

Kblaze8855
11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Dish network is like 24 dollars a month.

Plus....many with a dish just have the dish on the house. Lot of people got them back in the day. Got turned off...just didnt take the dish down.

JohnnyWall
Yes, when people who are in debt and supposedly can't live on their own buy luxuries like satellite tv, poverty has become too comfortable in America.

What if we build poverty camps (not to be confused with concentration camps, of course) where we can offer the impoverished people of this country free lodging and an easy transition to a pleasant ending of their lives? But again, nothing like concentration camps.

lilbill
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/lilbill64/dumb-and-dumber.jpg

ShIver and bballer discuss poverty in America.

ImmortalNemesis
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
It is a widely known fact that only rich people have satellite dishes.
:lol

Godzuki
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
lol wtf else are they going to do in a 10x8 box? not like they can even get cable, so i figure satellite is probably the only alternative....now that they did away with tv antennae's i think? :confusedshrug:

i don't get why u'd pick that out to criticize more than someone driving a Bentley with 5 other cars parked at their mansion with 2nd and 3rd homes....

i mean a reasonable person would criticize the person indulging and wasting over someone scraping by in the white ghetto i figure. lol @ trying to beat them pwt's down even more :lol:

boozehound
11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
while shlver is sorta off on a tangent, there is some validity to his point. I see people (mostly hispanics in my town) who use lonestar at the store (buying a shit ton of pop and other terrible food) and then get into a new pickup/suv well beyond my means. Clearly there is manipulation of the system (through kin group sharing, under the table employment, etc.). and clearly we have a system of consumption where even the poor feel they have a right to the same entertainment luxuries as the rest of us (cable, video systems, etc). I see it all the time, kids wearing air jordans, mom has a smart phone, and they receive TANF benefits for housing. Its bad priorities, bad financial management, and poor lifestyle expectations.

Now, this isnt just true for the poor, but for most classes of america, who live well beyond their means. but it stands out even more amongst the poorer segments of our society.

BTW nearly 50 million Americans receive SNAP (foodstamp) benefits. Thats nearly 20% of the population.

Brujesino
11-29-2011, 04:15 PM
This is the maddest I've ever been.
Me too,time to occupy the trailer parks!!!

Godzuki
11-29-2011, 04:15 PM
all trailer park white people got is their tv. its a necessity....

Kungfro
11-29-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bHH_HVx3Lw

bagelred
11-29-2011, 04:51 PM
And noticed more than 75% had a satellite dish. Government aid that enables the poor to make terrible decisions by giving them financial crutches without suffering consequences will keep perpetuating the problem. And the funny thing is there are jobs the poor won't accept because the pay rate doesn't exceed government benefits. Have the poor become to comfortable? Yes they have. Is there any incentive to escape the crutches that we provide for them? No there isn't.

Once again focusing on the gov't aid to the poor, which is basically nothing, and not focusing on the trillions being stole by the rich.

lilbill
11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Once again focusing on the gov't aid to the poor, which is basically nothing, and not focusing on the trillions being stole by the rich.

True dat.

I'd like to drop my trousers to the Queen
Every sensible child will know what this means
The poor and the needy
Are selfish and greedy on her terms

dunksby
11-29-2011, 05:16 PM
I suggest we all get a handful of Molotov Cocktails and start cleansing the sacred land which is infested by this inferior race who calls itself very conveniently "The Poor" hence forcing US to aid them in their unholy occupation of this pure land.

nathanjizzle
11-29-2011, 05:23 PM
idiots..just because they have a sattellite dish doesnt mean they have dishnetwork or other channel providers...they could be getting free to air channels.

Droid101
11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Jokes, right?

I know people who chose to live in trailer parks because it's so much cheaper than renting an aparment. Then, they use that money they save to live more comfortably.... nicer car, nicer things, NICER TELEVISION/INTERNET CONNECTION.

:lol

Godzuki
11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
them spoiled brats probably even got microwaves :rolleyes:

vitamink420
11-29-2011, 07:47 PM
What an ignorant topic. Just because people are poor doesn't mean they're on welfare. And if they're somehow able to afford the 25 bucks a month for satellite service while being on welfare then more power to them.

This is almost as ridiculous as when Fox News complained that poor people owned fridges.

Styles p
11-29-2011, 07:48 PM
implying everyone that lives in a trailer is poor.

Jasper
11-29-2011, 10:14 PM
ever need used cadillac parts , any trail park has loads of caddy's to pick from.

-----------------
an old girlfriend had two kids , got support and gov assistance ,
First two weeks of the month - schrimp , steak , pork chops for din din.
last two weeks - cereal and pancakes :oldlol:

Scholar
11-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Man, this is one of the most ignorant thread topics ever made on this forum. Seriously, you're complaining about people owning satellites while living in trailers as though being poor means you shouldn't be able to watch cable tv. GTFO
This is idiotic.
You will complain about what poors are doing but turn a blind eye to the rich dudes who not only have satellites but a couple of houses to put those damn satellites on.
Nobody is comfortable being poor. This is the dumbest sh*t I've possibly ever read.
Next thing you know this douche OP will be complaining about the poor having lightbulbs. :rolleyes:

QUIZZLE
11-29-2011, 10:45 PM
The cheapest dish package is actually quite cheap. Even with a cream of the crop job like a fryer at Arby's could provide the income to pay for that.

hammer2010
11-29-2011, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bHH_HVx3Lw

Came in here to post this. Funniest show in the history of television. :oldlol:

Repped

Jameerthefear
11-29-2011, 11:39 PM
dish isn't that expensive :confusedshrug:

Styles p
11-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Came in here to post this. Funniest show in the history of television. :oldlol:

Repped

agreed, seems like nobody has ever seen it though.

Legend of Josh
11-30-2011, 12:28 AM
while shlver is sorta off on a tangent, there is some validity to his point. I see people (mostly hispanics in my town) who use lonestar at the store (buying a shit ton of pop and other terrible food) and then get into a new pickup/suv well beyond my means. Clearly there is manipulation of the system (through kin group sharing, under the table employment, etc.). and clearly we have a system of consumption where even the poor feel they have a right to the same entertainment luxuries as the rest of us (cable, video systems, etc). I see it all the time, kids wearing air jordans, mom has a smart phone, and they receive TANF benefits for housing. Its bad priorities, bad financial management, and poor lifestyle expectations.

Now, this isnt just true for the poor, but for most classes of america, who live well beyond their means. but it stands out even more amongst the poorer segments of our society.

BTW nearly 50 million Americans receive SNAP (foodstamp) benefits. Thats nearly 20% of the population.

Reading that make me sad.

:(

Positive
11-30-2011, 12:32 AM

I've done a little volunteer work at a soup kitchen and this is 100% true. At the beginning of the month, people never really go because they get their social security checks and whatever other payments they get from the gov. They take that money and go out to eat or eat well at home, but then they always end up back at the soup kitchen about halfway into the month. I don't mean to be over critical but if they would manage their money a little better, it could definitely go a long way. But I guess that could go for tons of people.

SunsCaptain
11-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Me too,time to occupy the trailer parks!!!

lol...All the rich people mobilize! This is unacceptable.

:roll:

SunsCaptain
11-30-2011, 02:15 AM
The cheapest dish package is actually quite cheap. Even with a cream of the crop job like a fryer at Arby's could provide the income to pay for that.

YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT!?!?

On the main dish page it says plans start at 20 dollars a month.

You think that someone with a job could afford that!?!?!?

Only upper class can afford dish.

The fact that these parkies have this technology is unsettling.

Akrazotile
12-26-2015, 02:44 AM

:wtf:

Akrazotile
12-26-2015, 02:46 AM

:applause:

The Real JW
12-26-2015, 03:59 AM
Wait, is shlver really starface? My mind is blown.

Akrazotile
12-26-2015, 04:30 AM
Wait, is shlver really starface? My mind is blown.

:biggums:

Dresta
12-26-2015, 08:08 AM
I've done a little volunteer work at a soup kitchen and this is 100% true. At the beginning of the month, people never really go because they get their social security checks and whatever other payments they get from the gov. They take that money and go out to eat or eat well at home, but then they always end up back at the soup kitchen about halfway into the month. I don't mean to be over critical but if they would manage their money a little better, it could definitely go a long way. But I guess that could go for tons of people.
There is a reason poor people are poor, and this is usually the reason: an inability to defer gratification and make long-term sensible decisions. These are mostly heritable characteristics, so poor people generally just create more poor people when they breed, which is why it's absurd to incentivise low class breeding like we do by idiotically subsidising single mothers who make terrible decisions, and are never forced to reckon with the consequences of those same terrible decisions.

It is through hardship that people learn and develop - why is that so hard for people to understand?

Also, lol @ how much hate op got for this topic - bunch of overly-emotional sissies on this site :roll: .

nathanjizzle
12-26-2015, 08:35 AM
There is a reason poor people are poor, and this is usually the reason: an inability to defer gratification and make long-term sensible decisions. These are mostly heritable characteristics, so poor people generally just create more poor people when they breed, which is why it's absurd to incentivise low class breeding like we do by idiotically subsidising single mothers who make terrible decisions, and are never forced to reckon with the consequences of those same terrible decisions.

It is through hardship that people learn and develop - why is that so hard for people to understand?

Also, lol @ how much hate op got for this topic - bunch of overly-emotional sissies on this site :roll: .

But just as much as those people would have consequences for their decisions, so would the government and society when there will be millions of people who go poor and turn to violence and crime as a means for survival. Providing welfare is pretty much common sense, not to those who like to indulge in over criticism and judgement though.

GIF REACTION
12-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Shut the **** up Nathan

nathanjizzle
12-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Shut the **** up Nathan

i will fucc your world up little nikka.

GIF REACTION
12-26-2015, 08:54 AM
But that was when we were friends.