PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Legacy If The Heat Embarrass Him

Soundwave
11-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Would Kobe be better off not wanting a piece of the Heat in the Finals?

It was embarrassing enough seeing the Heat beat up on the Lakers in the regular season as is, the sight of LeBron and Wade walking all over Kobe in the Finals ... would really damage his legacy I think.

Perhaps that's why the Lakers went down so easily to the Mavs.

I.R.Beast
11-29-2011, 08:28 PM

It was embarrassing enough seeing the Heat beat up on the Lakers in the regular season as is, the sight of LeBron and Wade walking all over Kobe in the Finals ... would really damage his legacy I think.

Kobe can't be embarassed by losing to the top 2 players in the league, but if Kobe were to beat them then it would do wonders for his legacy.

Soundwave
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Kobe can't be embarassed by losing to the top 2 players in the league, but if Kobe were to beat them then it would do wonders for his legacy.

It's too bad the Heat seem to own the Lakers.

Deuce Bigalow
11-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Here is how Wade did vs Kobe last year

18 points on 6/17 (35.3 FG%), 6-6 FT
20 points on 9/23 (39.1 FG%), 1-1 FT

I doubt Kobe will be embarrassed, he plays Wade good

Soundwave
11-29-2011, 08:31 PM

I doubt Kobe will be embarrassed

Wade didn't really need to do much though, the Heat didn't have much trouble with the Lakers at all.

Also goes to show, that eventually Wade is going to have light the Lakers up, and then it's going to be real ugly.

Lakers have nobody who can stay in front of Wade on D, it's almost a little sad.

Heavincent
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
I guess the bandwagon Heat fans are back after disappearing for the entire off-season because the Heat got their asses handed to them in the Finals :lol

Yao Ming's Foot
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Yes his legacy would be crushed that the two remaining wing rivals who haven't suddenly turned up washed up yet had to team up together AND add an all star big man to their team to win anything.

Soundwave
11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
I guess the bandwagon Heat fans are back after disappearing for the entire off-season because the Heat got their asses handed to them in the Finals :lol

At least the Heat beat the Mavs a couple of times. Kobe seems to get a pass for getting swept like a total chump, lol.

Heat had a good first year together and will now be accustomed to playing together.

G-Funk
11-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Not so much. But Lebron/Wade fans will enjoy it

SunsCaptain
At least the Heat beat the Mavs a couple of times. Kobe seems to get a pass for getting swept like a total chump, lol.

Heat had a good first year together and will now be accustomed to playing together.

Yeah I was about to say...If the heat got their asses handed to them then what do you call what happened to the Lakers? lol

Cant wait for the season to start so people can stop hating on everything... Clean slates at least. Doesn't mean they wont get dirty and will get hated on later lol.

Heavincent

Funny how so many Heat bandwagon fans say that now. Before the finals, you guys were saying that the Mavs had no chance and were gonna get destroyed by the Heat. Didn't work out so well, did it? :roll:

G-Funk

At least Kobe made it to The Finals 3 times in a role prior to that.

AI3Anthony
11-29-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't understand how it could affect his legacy. LeBron and Wade are in their prime and Kobe is aging. Stop fishing for BS to talk about.

Soundwave
11-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Funny how so many Heat bandwagon fans say that now. Before the finals, you guys were saying that the Mavs had no chance and were gonna get destroyed by the Heat. Didn't work out so well, did it? :roll:

And didn't you naysayers say for sure the Heat wouldn't beat Boston their first year together? And even if they did, for sure they'd lose to Chicago? :oldlol:

They came up 2 games short from winning it all in their first season together. Not the end of the world.

The Mavs did the Lakers a favor by sparing them the humiliation of being owned in the Finals.

Heavincent
Yeah I was about to say...If the heat got their asses handed to them then what do you call what happened to the Lakers? lol

Cant wait for the season to start so people can stop hating on everything...

I'm not even a Lakers fan so I have absolutely no trouble admitting that the they got their asses kicked too. It was just funnier watching the Heat collapse :oldlol:

G-Funk

Cant wait for the season to start so people can stop hating on everything...

Beating a tired unmotivated team, oh and according to you a pass prime Kobe? :confusedshrug:

donald_trump
11-29-2011, 08:46 PM

i thought wins were all that mattered for kobe fans.

heres how wade did against kobe last year.

wade - no losses to the lakers.

and if you watched that game wade missed 3 layups. the commentators were raving how he shut down bryant.

32Dayz
11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I would LOVE a Heat-LA Matchup in the Finalz but Stern would never in a million years allow it to happen.

No way he is gonna let his poster boy Kobe get embarrassed like that.

Sorry guys.

Still I would go crazy to watch a series like that and the ratings would be the highest ever probably.

:party:

Yao Ming's Foot
11-29-2011, 08:47 PM

Shhhhh Keep Heat fans wondering...... Kobe sucks because he failed to lead his team to 4 straight finals and 3 straight titles with just one other all star

G-Funk
11-29-2011, 08:49 PM
I would LOVE a Heat-LA Matchup in the Finalz but Stern would never in a million years allow it to happen.

No way he is gonna let his poster boy Kobe get embarrassed like that.

Sorry guys.

Still I would go crazy to watch a series like that and the ratings would be the highest ever probably.

:party:

Oh wow by the amount of FT's Miami got in the Finals I would've think that Wade was the Poster child. But on the side not. I want this to happen sooo bad! win or lose, its going down in History

Soundwave
LeBron made the Finals with Boobie friggin' Gibson as his no.2 option (lol), not sure why Kobe needs a medal for not making the Finals with Gasol, Odom, Artest, etc.

32Dayz
Shhhhh Keep Heat fans wondering...... Kobe sucks because he failed to lead his team to 4 straight finals and 3 straight titles with just a top 3 supporting cast and the best frontcourt in the league (Gasol/Bynum/Odom)

Fixd...

Cmon.. those LA teams were and are still one of the best Casts in the league.

Making the Finals is always impressive but dont act like Kobe didn't have a good team around him.

I hate that ish..

LA_Showtime
11-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Those numbers are misleading. While Wade didn't shoot well, it was clear as day he was the superior player. He constantly got in the paint and broke the Lakers' defense down.

To answer the original question, the only way Kobe hurts his legacy is if the Lakers' big men are having their way with the Heat and he suddenly turns back the clock to the 2004 Finals. At this point in his career, I would hope Kobe's better than that. I guess you never know though.

Cali Syndicate
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM

Regardless of losing or not, making another finals appearance will not hurt his legacy.

G-Funk
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
LeBron made the Finals with Boobie friggin' Gibson as his no.2 option (lol), not sure why Kobe needs a medal for not making the Finals with Gasol, Odom, Artest, etc.
Yeah in the Leastern Conference. But they quickly found out things wearnt the same in the WC

Deuce Bigalow
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM

What did he do prior to that?

Deuce Bigalow
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Those numbers are misleading. While Wade didn't shoot well, it was clear as day he was the superior player. He constantly got in the paint and broke the Lakers' defense down.

To answer the original question, the only way Kobe hurts his legacy is if the Lakers' big men are having their way with the Heat and he suddenly turns back the clock to the 2004 Finals. At this point in his career, I would hope Kobe's better than that. I guess you never know though.

yes I know, just I'm saying he wouldn't get embarrassed

Soundwave
Yeah in the Leastern Conference. But they quickly found out things wearnt the same in the WC

I don't think Kobe would've even made the playoffs with that group LeBron had.

He couldn't with just Odom + Butler, who are much better than anyone LeBron had on that Cavs team.

SunsCaptain
Regardless of losing or not, making another finals appearance will not hurt his legacy.

Yeah I think what might hurt his legacy a little bit (not much since he has won multiple championships) is if they have trouble getting to the finals. The West is getting tougher and tougher. If they start becoming quick exits or maybe 1 year dont make the playoffs type of deal things may start looking bad. Other than that he just has to keep chugging along.

And of course injury is never good.

Deuce Bigalow
11-29-2011, 08:55 PM

He couldn't with just Odom + Butler, who are much better than anyone LeBron had on that Cavs team.

:oldlol:

Yao Ming's Foot
11-29-2011, 08:55 PM
LeBron made the Finals on the strength of a top 4 defense and incredibly weak playoff competition in the East

Fixed that for you

G-Funk
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM

You need to assess what what happened through out the season with the Lakers. Instead of trying to pretend you know exactly what ur spewing. Makes you look unknowledgeable

RRR3
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Fixed that for you
Did that top 4 defense score 29 points in a row?

Cali Syndicate
11-29-2011, 09:01 PM

Kobe vs Wade

24/2/2 on 8/21 38% vs 20/5/5 on 9/23 39% and add 4 steals

17/6/7 on 6/16 37.5% vs 18/5/6 on 6/17 35%

Yao Ming's Foot
11-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Did that top 4 defense score 29 points in a row?

No, but it held Detroit to a 92.9 offensive rating in the series ending Game 6.

:confusedshrug:

G-Funk
11-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Kobe vs Wade

24/2/2 on 8/21 38% vs 20/5/5 on 9/23 39% and add 4 steals

17/6/7 on 6/16 37.5% vs 18/5/6 on 6/17 35%

touche

Heavincent
11-29-2011, 09:05 PM
No, but it held Detroit to a 92.9 offensive rating in the series ending Game 6.

Funny how Kobe winning championships is just a mere team accomplishment, but Lebron's 55+ win seasons are all because of Lebron and had nothing to do with his teammates.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/macabreVjoyride/caturday/oh-the-ironing.jpg

Cali Syndicate
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah I think what might hurt his legacy a little bit (not much since he has won multiple championships) is if they have trouble getting to the finals. The West is getting tougher and tougher. If they start becoming quick exits or maybe 1 year dont make the playoffs type of deal things may start looking bad. Other than that he just has to keep chugging along.

And of course injury is never good.

A finals appearance without Phil at the helm? Gotta be good right?

I don't see losing to Miami on the big stage will hurt his legacy. Unless like you said he gets straight up carried into a finals appearance. Wade destroying him will leave a dent too.

These are two scenarios I don't find realistic tho.

macpierce
11-29-2011, 09:46 PM
id like to see how wade's body holds up when he hits 33 lol. Dude relies on slashing and is a streaky shooter at best.

KingBeasley08
11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
lakers wont make the finals anyway lol

Lebron23
11-29-2011, 09:52 PM
id like to see how wade's body holds up when he hits 33 lol. Dude relies on slashing and is a streaky shooter at best.

Wade might still be an effective player when he's in his late 30's. Wade was already 21 yrs.old when he made his NBA Debut. Kobe at the Current age as Wade has already played more games than him in the Regular Season and in the playoffs.

G-Funk
11-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Wade might still be an effective player when he's in his late 30's. Wade was already 21 yrs.old when he made his NBA Debut. Kobe at the Current age as Wade has already played more games than him in the Regular Season and in the playoffs.

getting ur love back 4 Wade?

Lebron23
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
getting ur love back 4 Wade?

I didn't critisize Wade last season.

Doctor Rivers
11-29-2011, 10:32 PM
I didn't critisize Wade last season.

who would or could? wade was the miami heat

Lebron23
11-29-2011, 10:37 PM
who would or could? wade was the miami heat

Wade had a disappointing performance in the conference Finals. 18.8 ppg on 40.5 FG%

I.R.Beast
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Fixd...

Cmon.. those LA teams were and are still one of the best Casts in the league.

Making the Finals is always impressive but dont act like Kobe didn't have a good team around him.

I hate that ish..

Really?...the bench?....I actualy think that the lakers weak cast outside of Kobe and Pau get exposed without the Coaching of Phil Jackson.

D-Wade316
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
That's what they said during his 2-year injury.

RazorBaLade
11-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Wade didn't really need to do much though, the Heat didn't have much trouble with the Lakers at all.

Also goes to show, that eventually Wade is going to have light the Lakers up, and then it's going to be real ugly.

Lakers have nobody who can stay in front of Wade on D, it's almost a little sad.

So basically nothing in the past matters when it comes to shutting down wade, yet the past is a fantastic example to extrapolate the results of future matchups from?

You are a moron, or hopefully, a troll. Wade cannot do shit against us, we cannot do shit against Lebron and lebron's teams. In the regular season. If you assume the teams thing will stay the same, then the wade part must as well..

Fiasco
11-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow, some of you are pathetic.

Lucifer
11-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Nope

HurricaneKid
11-30-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm confident that LA is going to end up with Howard and Pau down low and that Kobe, despite being owned by Wade, is going to get the kudos while Howard and Pau devour Anthony and Dalembert and win the series for LA. I just hope that is next year and Mia gets one in first.

Jacks3
11-30-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm confident that LA is going to end up with Howard and Pau down low and that Kobe, despite being owned by Wade, is going to get the kudos while Howard and Pau devour Anthony and Dalembert and win the series for LA. I just hope that is next year and Mia gets one in first.
You are truly delusional.

Jacks3
11-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Wade is irrelevant. He's nothing more than a sidekick. The Lakers will have no trouble shutting him down like they did in the reg season, and like what the Sixers and Bulls did in the post-season.

It's LeBron the Lakers have to worry about.

Soundwave
11-30-2011, 01:20 AM
The Lakers can't stop any of the big three, not even Bosh.

Wade can blow past any of L.A.'s defenders with relative ease, he just missed a few shots he normally makes (gimme layups) to skew his shooting percentage.

I watched those two games and no one on L.A. looked credible playing D on Wade at all. LeBron is another nightmare for them.

Jacks3
11-30-2011, 01:27 AM
The Lakers shut down Wade in both matchups,and Kobe will own him as he routinely does. The Lakers will have no trouble guarding a guy who can't shoot past 15 feet. They'll shut him down just like the Bulls and Sixers did.

It's LeBron and Bosh the Lakers will have to worry about. The overrated side-kick Wade will be no problem.

talkingconch
11-30-2011, 02:12 AM

:facepalm

http://i39.tinypic.com/n2cx3o.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/wqprw1.jpg

bdreason
11-30-2011, 02:15 AM
Kobe is in the twilight of his career. Losing to the Heat wouldn't be an embarrassment.

Kurosawa0
11-30-2011, 02:54 AM
It didn't hurt Magic losing to MJ in 1991. Kobe losing to LeBron would just be seen as the torch being passed. Kobe would still be a top 10 player.

ThaRegul8r
11-30-2011, 03:23 AM
I don't see why his legacy would be any different than it was after the Mavericks embarrassed him.

Jacks3
11-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Or after he won back-to-back rings right? :oldlol:

SpecialQue
11-30-2011, 03:48 AM
From now on, everytime there's a thread by Lebron or Kobe stans, people should just post gigantic photos of gay dudes kissing, because it's getting to the point where these people are just fighting over their boyfriends.

It's fvcking basketball. Kobe has five rings and he's OLD. As much as Lebron stans don't want to admit it, past his prime Kobe losing to prime Lebron AND Wade doesn't mean shit. Lebron had Kobe posters in his room as a fvcking teen, do you not understand how aging works?

The last time Jordan played was on a shitty Wizards team that got regularly owned by everyone in the league. That clearly has had no effect on how people remember him.

Unlike Lebron, at this point losing does jack to Kobe's legacy. He's gone to enough finals and won enough rings where the only thing that changes his legacy is winning more. Deal with that. He has nothing to prove. He's old. He's past his prime. In a couple more years, he's done. Who gives a shit?

KingMichael23
11-30-2011, 03:56 AM
That's what they said during his 2-year injury.
Is that Lauren London on your avatar?

eliteballer
11-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Dirk and a bunch of one dimensional roleplayers beat the Heat.

I aint scurred:pimp:

JohnnySic
11-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Kobe is past his prime; short of becoming a complete scrub out there, nothing will hurt his legacy.

And these 2 teams are unlikely to meet in the finals, so dont worry about it.

chips93
11-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Is that Lauren London on your avatar?

no, its ida ljungqvist

Yung D-Will
11-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Kobe is already declining how much could it really affect his legacy

west_tip
11-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Come on! Credit where it is due that Cavs team had no business beating the Pistons in the ECF that year.

DirtySanchez
11-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Kobe's legacy is set in stone already.

It would help LeBron and Wade's legacy to beat Kobe's Lakers in the Finals and would be a great way to kick jump their dynasty to say.

Do you people all look down on Magic's legacy for losing to Jordan in Jordan's first title? If you do you don't know sh*t about ball.

But if Magic's Lakers beat Jordan then Magic would have a stronger case maybe to be GOAT.

Any how Magic is still seen as one of the best after all these years and Jordan is Jordan.

So like I said this really will not hurt Kobe but if he wins his legacy grows....and if Wade and James win it would help them as well.
Kobe can only gain Wade and James can suffer the biggest lost.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Come on! Credit where it is due that Cavs team had no business beating the Pistons in the ECF that year.

The Grizzlies beating the Spurs last year alone was more impressive. The other Cavs victories were against teams without winning records and they were swept in the Finals. That run is the most overrated of all time. :facepalm

DirtySanchez
11-30-2011, 02:09 PM
The Grizzlies beating the Spurs last year alone was more impressive. The other Cavs victories were against teams without winning records and they were swept in the Finals. That run is the most overrated of all time. :facepalm

I agree with you but you got to give the Cavs some credit to beating the Pistons that year.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
I agree with you but you got to give the Cavs some credit to beating the Pistons that year.

I do but its entirely overblown. Any 1st option type player surrounded with a top 5 defensive squad is capable of beating a team on par with those Pistons and a couple of teams without winning records.

AlexanderRight
11-30-2011, 02:30 PM

Maybe for the first two series. It was a weak Eastern Conference after all. But anyone with any knowledge about basketball should know that the Cavaliers had no business beating the Pistons that year and the fact that they did (with the help of god like performances from Lebron) is a miracle in itself. They were completely outmatched by the Pistons and even more outmatched by the Spurs. The fact that they were in the Finals was an a accomplishment. Unfortunately, bias narrow-minded trolls want to label this season where they overachieved as just a "LEBRONZ GOT SWPPT!!1"

Eat Like A Bosh
11-30-2011, 02:40 PM
An old Kobe losing to a prime LeBron and Wade really doesn't mean much.

NumberSix
11-30-2011, 02:48 PM
3 times in a role?

Yao Ming's Foot
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Maybe for the first two series. It was a weak Eastern Conference after all. But anyone with any knowledge about basketball should know that the Cavaliers had no business beating the Pistons that year and the fact that they did (with the help of god like performances from Lebron) is a miracle in itself. They were completely outmatched by the Pistons and even more outmatched by the Spurs. The fact that they were in the Finals was an a accomplishment. Unfortunately, bias narrow-minded trolls want to label this season where they overachieved as just a "LEBRONZ GOT SWPPT!!1"

A 50 win team beat a 53 win team.

The Cavs SRS was 7th, the Pistons 6th

west_tip
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Whose overrating that run? I just mentioned the Pistons series.

mountainmamba
11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Kobe is past his prime; short of becoming a complete scrub out there, nothing will hurt his legacy.

And these 2 teams are unlikely to meet in the finals, so dont worry about it.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lokdgiA79w1qafrh6.gif

sbw19
11-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Irrespective of the outcome making it to the finals one more time after winning five rings really can't hurt legacies. Losing in the finals once again in your prime when winning a ring is the only thing missing on your resume on the other hand...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-30-2011, 02:58 PM

He's still a top 10 player. Are you high? :oldlol:

Doranku
11-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Kobe's played almost as many seasons as these two dudes combined. :facepalm