PDA

View Full Version : Ainge attempting to trade Rondo for Paul (supposedly)...

mountainmamba
11-29-2011, 01:21 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/11/29/report-celtics-open-to-trading-rajon-rondo/

ESPN.com’s Chris Broussard reports that the C’s are not shopping the 25-year-old Rondo, but would trade him in the right deal.

“The Celtics feel they need more scoring to take the load off Paul Pierce,” Broussard wrote in the report.

Broussard looking like he wants to monopolize the pre-lockout ending free agency/trade noise.

Thoughts?

Clippersfan86
11-29-2011, 01:24 PM
I think it's funny because Celtics fans said he's untouchable and the team is still going to contend for years with current roster and not rebuild.

JohnnySic
11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Well no shiit, anyone can be traded if the price is right. he's not really saying anything.

D-Wade316
11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/11/29/report-celtics-open-to-trading-rajon-rondo/

Broussard looking like he wants to monopolize the pre-lockout ending free agency/trade noise.

Thoughts?
He wants $, a lot of them.

Rnbizzle
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
This, and right now his value is still high, once the original big three continue declining and actually get too old, Rondo will get exposed.

In the end he's a great passer and good defender but most teams can't get away with a PG who's incapable of knocking down jumpshots.

Rowe
11-29-2011, 01:37 PM

Rondo is signed for a cheap deal for the next 4 years.

D-Wade316
11-29-2011, 01:37 PM
This, and right now his value is still high, once the original big three continue declining and actually get too old, Rondo will get exposed.

In the end he's a great passer and good defender but most teams can't get away with a PG who's incapable of knocking down jumpshots.

I'm talking about Broussard :D

Rowe
11-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Well no shiit, anyone can be traded if the price is right. he's not really saying anything.
Gotta love Broussard's "reporting".

[quote]
ESPN.com

Rnbizzle
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't know if you can label Rondo cheap with the way he plays. I don't wanna be a hater but seriously, put the dude on the Timberwolves and see what happens.

WillyJakk
11-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't know if you can label Rondo cheap with the way he plays. I don't wanna be a hater but seriously, put the dude on the Timberwolves and see what happens.

Seriously?

Put him on the T-Wolves and that team is a fringe playoff team.

mountainmamba
11-29-2011, 01:41 PM

I think most knowledgeable nba fans understand that he works great in that system with that squad and would only succeed as a 5th scoring option.

WillyJakk
11-29-2011, 01:49 PM
And oh yeah I think this'd be the "right deal" imo:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/829/431/110116169_display_image.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/576/348/GYI0062277030_crop_450x500.jpg

for

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/Rajon-Rondo-helps-Boston-Celtics-defeat-the-New-York-Knicks-9693-NBA-Playoffs-63428.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/590/008/GYI0062366716_crop_450x500.jpg

Made a thread a while back w/ this trade.

Win win for both teams, Celts get young decent PG to manage game while bringing back fan fave Big Al.

Jazz get tough young franchise PG to go w/ young core of Favors, Kanter, Haywood, and Burks + expiring vet C in Jermaine O'junk I mean O'neal.

MeLO MvP 15
11-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I really think it would take a good offer (at least another all star or future all star) for them to trade him. They'll probably try for CP3 but it'll only happen if Paul is open to Boston (and the only way I see that happening would be if Dwight says he'll sign there in the off-season).

Rowe
11-29-2011, 01:51 PM

What happens?

He becomes the architect of a team loaded with young forwards with a lot of potential in Love, Williams, Beasley, Johnson, & Randolph.

He'll put up over 11 PPG, 11 APG, 4 RPG, 2 SPG on 45%FG.

Minnesota becomes a better team and competes for the 8th seed in the West.

I dont think anyone here is saying Rondo is a "superstar" on the level of Deron Williams, Chris Paul, or Derrick Rose. However, he is a 2nd tier PG in the NBA who is an impact performer despite his lack of a jumpshot. He is arguably the best passer, best defender, & he is a threat to put up a triple double in any game due solely to his hustle & effort much like Fat Lever did.

mountainmamba
11-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Not trying to hate, just want an answer. Has chris broussard ever broke an nba trade/pick up/signing etc? when has this guy been right?

DevilsAssassin
11-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Jeff Green can't provide that?

Rowe
11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
I think most knowledgeable nba fans understand that he works great in that system with that squad and would only succeed as a 5th scoring option.

He doesn't just work great in that system, Rondo is the architect of that system.

The Big 3 revolves around Rondo. If you've seen the Celtics play, they now rely heavily on Rondo's playmaking.

They need some guys who can create their own shots coming off that bench if they want to give it 1 more run to the NBA Finals.

ballup
11-29-2011, 01:57 PM
This. Unlikely that he will be traded considering that there are few teams, with enough trade assets, that need a player like Rondo. Anyone on that Celtic's roster, aside from Pierce, is open to being traded.

DuMa
11-29-2011, 01:58 PM
they're not gonna trade rondo.

mountainmamba
11-29-2011, 01:58 PM
He doesn't just work great in that system, Rondo is the architect of that system.

The Big 3 revolves around Rondo. If you've seen the Celtics play, they now rely heavily on Rondo's playmaking.

Thats what I meant. That system is built for and around him. But having him pass to hall of famers all game isnt hurting his image either.

I.R.Beast
11-29-2011, 02:04 PM

They need some guys who can create their own shots coming off that bench if they want to give it 1 more run to the NBA Finals.

Architect?....lmao.... Get him outta here..... Rondo is overrated and i'd love for th Celtics to trade him while he is still very overrated for a goood young pg or sg

Rowe
11-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Architect?....lmao.... Get him outta here..... Rondo is overrated and i'd love for th Celtics to trade him while he is still very overrated for a goood young pg or sg

Who?

When you provide an answer worth not being laughed at, I'll then take your weak argument of Rondo being overrated serious.

I.R.Beast
11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Who?

When you provide an answer worth not being laughed at, I'll then take your weak argument of Rondo being overrated serious.

Jrue Holiday, John Wall, want more?

Rowe
11-29-2011, 02:23 PM

Neither team would trade them for Rondo.

Next?

AMISTILLILL
11-29-2011, 02:23 PM
And oh yeah I think this'd be the "right deal" imo:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/829/431/110116169_display_image.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/576/348/GYI0062277030_crop_450x500.jpg

for

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/Rajon-Rondo-helps-Boston-Celtics-defeat-the-New-York-Knicks-9693-NBA-Playoffs-63428.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/590/008/GYI0062366716_crop_450x500.jpg

Made a thread a while back w/ this trade.

Win win for both teams, Celts get young decent PG to manage game while bringing back fan fave Big Al.

Jazz get tough young franchise PG to go w/ young core of Favors, Kanter, Haywood, and Burks + expiring vet C in Jermaine O'junk I mean O'neal.

No thanks.

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Would be a smart move, Boston. I will continue to preach Rondo = overrated.

MeLO MvP 15
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Zero percent chance of WAS trading John Wall and I think Rondo is a horrible fit in Philly so they'd probably be happy with Jrue (who is extremely young with tons of potential).

One team that kind of sticks out to me for a Rondo trade is the Clippers. Maybe Memphis too (but Boston won't want anything outside of Gasol IMO). Rondo is probably the more valuable to Boston than to any other team, which is why I don't think he will be traded.

I'm just curious if Boston would have the balls to trade Rondo for an expirer and asset to go all in for the 2012 run and try to sign both Paul and Dwight to pair with Pierce. Then they might even be interested in a Kaman, Bledsoe and Minny Pick for Rondo trade. Or even Billups and Fields for Rondo (although I don't think either side would want that).

Harison
11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Rondo is cornerstone of Cs future, so he isnt for trade, unless someone offers impossible to resist deal, which wont happen either :oldlol:

Rnbizzle
11-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I think all in all it really depends on the fact if Boston thinks they can still contend with their current roster, if the big three get too old, I would get rid of Rondo as soon as possible because he would still be worth quite alot.

AMISTILLILL
11-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Rondo isn't going anywhere for anyone, short of Howard or Paul.

DevilsAssassin
11-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Rajon Rondo for Al Jefferson and Jazz first round pick (top 7 protected).

el gringos
11-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Bargnani and Calderon for Rondo is the best the could get

blablabla
11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
knicks should get him

he in a r'n'g with stat and melo 20assists/game

Bigsmoke
11-29-2011, 03:08 PM
he'll be a good backup for Derrick Rose. :lol

dbugz
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Bargnani and Calderon for Rondo is the best the could get

there's no room for softies in the Cs roster.

Real Men Wear Green
11-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Before you think up a "fair" deal, remember that this is a 2-time All-Star in his mid-twenties.

ballup
11-29-2011, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE]

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Rondo isn't going anywhere for anyone, short of Howard or Paul.

:oldlol:

Rowe
11-29-2011, 03:43 PM
-Broussard

You can tell this report is fishy by this statement. Pierce needs help scoring when Allen and Garnett are still on the team?
Allen & Garnett each revolve around Rondo at this point. They're role players.

When Rondo was out, neither player was able to create their own shot without having a PG to help put them in good spots.

If Boston needs scoring help they can use some of their cap space and go after some "scorers" for their bench.

RRR3
11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey, I also think Rondo is overrated, but I'm just wondering why you seem so against him? Just curious. This isn't in response to your lol (I lol'ed as well) but just your posts on Rondo in general.

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey, I also think Rondo is overrated, but I'm just wondering why you seem so against him? Just curious.

Because I live in Boston Celtic territory, an area heavily populated with some of the dumbest idiot homers you'll ever find anywhere (no offense to the better Boston fans of ISH, I like many of you). Many folks around here think Rajon Rondo is some sort of basketball Titan with supernatural on-court abilities.

Real Men Wear Green
11-29-2011, 03:52 PM
It's just a non-story. Rondo is the only young talent the team has under contract and the engine of the offense. Because Ainge has the stated position of "everyone can be traded" it's true that Rondo can be dealt but he's not going to be moved if the deal isn't great. There is no stupid "Calderon and Bargnani" deal in the offing. What's the point behind doing something that neither helps immediately nor long-term? Ainge's job is not to construct a trade that makes some people that chat on forums say "yeah, that's about what he's worth," it's to make the Celtics a Championship roster.

ballup
11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Allen & Garnett each revolve around Rondo at this point. They're role players.

When Rondo was out, neither player was able to create their own shot without having a PG to help put them in good spots.

If Boston needs scoring help they can use some of their cap space and go after some "scorers" for their bench.
It's not like Pierce gets all his points from iso situations. He gets a good chunk of his points from spot up situations and cuts to the basket.

But saying that Pierce needs someone to take the scoring load off of him doesn't mean that he needs another player who has good iso abilities.

I agree they do need a bench player who can create his own shot. I'm calling you out Jeff Green

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Celtics should try and get Jamal Crawford. He would be the solution to their scoring problems. Bring him off the bench and let him do his thing.

Mach_3
11-29-2011, 04:06 PM

Why the **** would the CEltics trade Rondo for Jrue Holiday? :wtf:

Rowe
11-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Celtics should try and get Jamal Crawford. He would be the solution to their scoring problems. Bring him off the bench and let him do his thing.

If they can pull off a S&T for Crawford with Jermaine O'Neal(or Rasheed Wallace's contract) heading back to ATL then Danny Ainge will be GM of the Year.

Crawford is the perfect fit for the Celtics as a 6th Man.

DFish
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GiiPw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3DbUU.jpg

We'll take both.

Duncan21formvp
11-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Celtics aren't going to win it all the way they are constructed now that Perkins is gone. Why not trade Rondo for Nash?

dbugz
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GiiPw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3DbUU.jpg

We'll take both.

worst PG-C FT shooting tandem?

:lol

dbugz
11-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Celtics aren't going to win it all the way they are constructed now that Perkins is gone. Why not trade Rondo for Nash?

You think Ainge want to rebuild a team around an old Nash with maybe 2 years left more on his tank?

DFish
worst PG-C FT shooting tandem?

:lol

We're okay with sacrificing FT shooting for solid performance elsewhere. :D

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/19/shaq.jpg

Kevin_Garnett_5
If we're healthy with our current roster, we're a contender. Rondo likely isn't going anywhere.

AMISTILLILL
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM

Why is that funny? It's a statement to how out of the question trading Rondo is, because the Celtics trading for Paul or Dwight is about as realistic as Len Bias starting next season.

dbugz
11-29-2011, 05:28 PM
We're okay with sacrificing FT shooting for solid performance elsewhere. :D

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/19/shaq.jpg

apparently Shaq's offensive skills set and basketball IQ is light years ahead of Dwight's. :lol

mountainmamba
11-29-2011, 05:29 PM
"I have a lot of respect for Chris Broussard, but I would put this under the 'non-story' category" - Jackie MacMullan on Rondo

Jackie Mac is an acclaimed writer out of Boston, if she says nothing to see here i believe her.

Did I just start and end my own thread?

Shade8780
11-29-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm wearing a Rondo jersey right now.... He better not leave Boston or were f*cked

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Why is that funny?

Because there are plenty of players not named Howard or Paul that would have Rondo flying out of Boston so fast you'd forget he ever played there.

HylianNightmare
11-29-2011, 05:32 PM
unless they get another elite pg back they are ****ed

AMISTILLILL
11-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Because there are plenty of players not named Howard or Paul that would have Rondo flying out of Boston so fast you'd forget he ever played there.

Realistically..? Are any of the people you're thinking of on the trade block or potential free agents? If so, is Boston a potential location for them to wind up? Probably not.

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Realistically..? Are any of the people you're thinking of on the trade block or potential free agents? If so, is Boston a potential location for them to wind up? Probably not.

I didn't say it would happen. I'm saying there are plenty of players not named Paul or Howard that Boston would take for Rondo. You seemed to believe that there aren't. I didn't know the conversation was limited to players who are known to be on the block.

G-train
11-29-2011, 05:41 PM
I cant really think of a fair deal for the Celtics involving Rondo.
I do remember it was rumoured they almost traded him prior to that extension.

He is a player that is hard to value. IMO he is very valuable to Boston, but not as valuable to other teams, meaning his trade value his hard to gauge.
He know's Boston's system, he has good chemistry with the players and coaches.

This will sound absurd to some, but I wouldn't write off a trade with Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook as the centrepieces.

KGMN
11-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Why couldn't they have been open to trading Rondo in the Kevin Garnett trade? They insisted upon Sebastian Telfair instead and the Timberwolves took the deal reluctantly. We would have been awesome. But no, the Celtics had to wait until now to be open to trading him.

Heavincent
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Broussard doesn't know what he is talking about. You're better off listening to your little sister when it comes to basketball.

Real Men Wear Green
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM
You just answered your own question.

G-train
11-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Many folks around here think Rajon Rondo is some sort of basketball Titan with supernatural on-court abilities.

But he basically has played like that in some big time pressure playoff series.

I, and it seems Rivers, dont care how much he does in the regular season. This dude has been HUGE for them in the playoffs, and was a key cog in a championship.

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 06:43 PM
But he basically has played like that in some big time pressure playoff series.

I, and it seems Rivers, dont care how much he does in the regular season. This dude has been HUGE for them in the playoffs, and was a key cog in a championship.

He's not doing a damn thing without the Cs cast of HOFers. Quote me, copy it, paste it, bring it back and laugh at me in a few years if I'm proven wrong. I don't see it happening. I think he's a product of the team he plays for, and therefore quite overrated, end of story.

dbugz
11-29-2011, 06:50 PM
He's not doing a damn thing without the Cs cast of HOFers. Quote me, copy it, paste it, bring it back and laugh at me in a few years if I'm proven wrong. I don't see it happening. I think he's a product of the team he plays for, and therefore quite overrated, end of story.

I hate that reason just to bash a player's value to a team.

Derek Fisher, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr are once surrounded by a HOFers, but did they ever get the recognition that Rondo is getting now? heck those PGs aren't even considered top 10 PGs during their time.

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Derek Fisher, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr are once surrounded by a HOFers, but did they ever get the recognition that Rondo is getting now? heck those PGs aren't even considered top 10 PGs during their time.

Derek Fisher isn't as good as Rondo, and never was as good as Rondo. As a matter of fact, Derek Fisher straight up sucks... at least as of the last couple seasons.

Rondo's a good player. That's it. He's not great, and I don't think he's an All-Star, All-NBA 1st Team defender, etc. That's nonsense, in my opinion.

Mach_3
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM

Cool story bro :pimp:

G-train
11-29-2011, 07:06 PM

That is kinda blind hate. He has had many great individual performances for the Celtics, and has been their leader in many ways for a couple of years.

It started off like that, but he grew with those players and became a great player in his own right.

Playing with those players may inflate his assists slightly, but you still have to make the pass. He is an excellent rebounder and stealer no matter the players around him. Fantastic court awareness.
In 2009 playoffs he was a superstar. Undisputed. Fact. To say otherwise is just comical.
Dude holds 3 Celtic records already.
He is a star player. Not a superstar, although he has had many superstar games. But a star player.
I'll leave it at that, as you seem to hate on him no matter what anyone would say.

dbugz
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Derek Fisher isn't as good as Rondo, and never was as good as Rondo. As a matter of fact, Derek Fisher straight up sucks... at least as of the last couple seasons.

That is exactly my point to never use the excuse that a player is good because he's surrounded by a HOFers.

Burgz
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
let me guess, he's getting traded to the clippers?

StroShow4
11-29-2011, 07:18 PM
That is exactly my point to never use the excuse that a player is good because he's surrounded by a HOFers.

Kind of a bad example seeing as Fisher's been overrated too. If you turn on ESPN during a Lakers game they'll make him out to be a good player.

Anyway, I'm done talking about Rondo. You guys know how I feel. When all the HOFers retire I'll be proven right or wrong.

dbugz
11-29-2011, 07:21 PM
If the Celtics' FO could get a work around to use Rondo to get

Tyreke Evans and Marc Gasol then I would be fine on Rondo leaving Boston :D

BlackWhiteGreen
11-29-2011, 08:02 PM
I just can't see him being traded for anyone but a superstar or one helluva stud, so, it isn't happening. It'd be great to see him on a team like OKC; a team with the potential to be winners.

My line for the haters: he may well be a product of his system, but that doesn't mean he isn't one hell of a product.

dbugz
11-29-2011, 08:17 PM
I just can't see him being traded for anyone but a superstar or one helluva stud, so, it isn't happening. It'd be great to see him on a team like OKC; a team with the potential to be winners.

My line for the haters: he may well be a product of his system, but that doesn't mean he isn't one hell of a product.

exchange OKC and Celtics main PG and both would perfectly fit on their new team. :oldlol:

One is badly in need of a scorer(Westbrook) while the other team might look good having a pass 1st PG(Rondo).

Isn't it funny :oldlol:

AMISTILLILL
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
"But according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, Boston general manager Danny Ainge is highly motivated to land an even better point guard than the one who led the Celtics to a championship in 2008 and an average of 58.5 wins in the last four seasons: New Orleans' Chris Paul.
Ainge, the sources say, has recently discussed trading Rondo in a deal that nets Paul, but the Hornets don't appear interested in a two-team deal in which Rondo -- who has four years worth approximately $46 million left on his contract -- and Paul would switch places. So Ainge has been on the prowl for a third team that could provide the sort of young pieces Hornets general manager Dell Demps would covet as part of his possible rebuilding plan. The more pressing question, of course, is whether Paul, who can become a free agent after this season, would consider signing an extension with Boston."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/11/29/chris.paul.celtics/index.html#ixzz1f956B9eL

Sounds like bullshit to me.

niko
11-29-2011, 08:53 PM
It reminds me of the Lopez for Howard rumors, or Deng for Melo, etc. Teams that are losing the star are not going to replace the star, at the same position, for similar money, but a lesser player. That makes no sense. And anyone who had enough assets for Rondo that would interest NO for Paul would simply send those assets to NO for Paul.

G-Funk
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Ill trade him straight for Bynum

JGXEN
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Boston is not a home for old and injury prone players.

AMISTILLILL
11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Boston is not a home for old and injury prone players.

Just old ones. :D

AI3Anthony
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Interesting..

JohnnySic
11-29-2011, 09:05 PM
No thanks...

Rekindled
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Rondo for Westbrook straight up makes sense

DevilsAssassin
11-29-2011, 09:17 PM
wouldn't be surprised if the Wolves get involved in this trade

305Baller
11-29-2011, 09:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_flvBI2iuCqo/TDYl-qrD99I/AAAAAAAAApc/BH9LM58sP74/s400/pat_riley_the_takeover-arton25156-290x290.jpg
This is relevant to my interests.

JGXEN
11-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Actually you're kinda right. Rondo would almost be a perfect fit for OKC. But for Boston, I'm not so sure they'd want a low bball iq PG who is very athletic, but dumb at the same time.

DevilsAssassin
11-29-2011, 09:20 PM

this would be a bad trade for OKC Thunder. No way they trade him for Rondo.

Miserio
11-29-2011, 09:33 PM
this would be a bad trade for OKC Thunder. No way they trade him for Rondo.
Kevin Durant playing with Rondo would average 45 ppg.

Lebron23
11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
I only trade him for Russell Westbrook or CP3.

longtime lurker
11-29-2011, 10:20 PM

But leaves the Thunder with only 2 scoring threats.

Miserio
11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
In the playoffs Rondo evolves to SuperRondo. If i'm the Thunder i'd do the trade right now.

Jasper
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Bucks will giv the 'extra special - super dupper - holy shIt ' Jennings for that
low life Rondo

Ainge ring it up :oldlol:

Yep your right 3 x 15 = 45

2 x 15 = 0

B
11-29-2011, 10:34 PM
I doubt the league which owns the Hornets trades Paul. They'll let him become a free agent before they open that kettle of fish. There's just no way they can trade him to anyone and not raise the ire of the other teams that lose out on the deal.

Plus trading the one roster asset that makes the franchise attractive to a buyer doesn't make sense

csklmf
11-29-2011, 10:54 PM

Durant and harden right? You dont mean Rondo right?

HurricaneKid
11-29-2011, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=B

I.R.Beast
11-29-2011, 11:07 PM
James harden would benefit most from this because he will get more touches . I dont think OKC makes that trade tho.... I would love for US(celtics) to pull that off. Westrbook gives us youth and a weapon that has to be account for by the defense. He single handedly destroyed us last year in the regular season making rondo look like turd.

I.R.Beast
11-29-2011, 11:10 PM
In the playoffs Rondo evolves to SuperRondo. If i'm the Thunder i'd do the trade right now.
Where was super rondo vs the heat.... He cost us that series, he didnt want anything to do with offense outside of passing the ball.

AMISTILLILL
11-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Where was super rondo vs the heat.... He cost us that series, he didnt want anything to do with offense outside of passing the ball.

Um, he was playing with one arm... did you even watch the series? Dude showed more heart than the entire Miami squad throughout the whole playoffs.

:facepalm

B
11-29-2011, 11:23 PM
He won't be an asset after the season when they will actually sell the team though. Which is why they HAVE to trade him. They also have some leverage which is more than most of these teams can say.They won't trade him. The league will let him become a free agent. It avoids any conflicts of interest. Paul has long said New York was his preferred destination and the league can't afford to be showing market favor by steering him someplace else.

Can you imagine the noise Mark Cuban would make.

B
11-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Um, he was playing with one arm... did you even watch the series? Dude showed more heart than the entire Miami squad throughout the whole playoffs.

He was good. I love Rondo he's the kind of guy you want on your team. Makes some boneheaded moves sometimes but you know you'll always get 100%.

I.R.Beast
11-29-2011, 11:43 PM

SMT.....he was playin like trash before his "injury"....

JGXEN
11-29-2011, 11:54 PM
The bench cost us the series, not Rondo

AMISTILLILL
11-30-2011, 12:29 AM
SMT.....he was playin like trash before his "injury"....

Weird, since nobody seems to agree with you and likely nobody does anywhere else.

Celtics4ever
11-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Chris Paul can be injury prone, I wouldn't do the trade. Man O Man, Imagine if we could get DWill. It would be over!

I.R.Beast
11-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Chris Paul can be injury prone, I wouldn't do the trade. Man O Man, Imagine if we could get DWill. It would be over!

lol..CHAMPIOSHIP!!.... Deron Williams = most underrated player in the league

Celtics4ever
11-30-2011, 12:55 AM
lol..CHAMPIOSHIP!!.... Deron Williams = most underrated player in the league

He is underrated. He would fit so well with the Celtics, especially if we got him 3 years ago.

I.R.Beast
11-30-2011, 01:05 AM
He is underrated. He would fit so well with the Celtics, especially if we got him 3 years ago.

He'd be great anywhere and on any team. I think thats what truly makes him the best PG(excluding rose) i that you wont have to change an offense to accomodate Deron Williams his understanding of create floor space where there is none outside of the PnR is unmatched. I love watching him isolate and manipulate the defense to create easy layups and Jumpers for his teammates.

demons2005
11-30-2011, 01:14 AM
yes to me it is clear DWill and Rose are several notches above the rest of the .

But back on topic what boggles my mind is that all these fans think Ainge would even think about trading Rondo, a young healthy PG with great defense, for Paul, a cripple who has always been overrated in every aspect of the game and will probably demand a higher salary than Rondo brings a prima donna attitude.

bluechox2
11-30-2011, 01:29 AM
id highly doubt seeing paul sign a long extension in boston, land of the aging stars, in a year or 2, he'll be back in the same situation as he is in NO right now if he does stay in boston

guy
11-30-2011, 02:34 AM
I think its clear what Boston is doing. They want to upgrade to CP3 cause obviously it makes them better but also to make the Celtics a serious attraction to Howard.

InspiredLebowski
11-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Wojnarowski says (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_boston_celtics_rajon_rondo_112911) the Pacers are chasing him. Ohhh shit.

blacknapalm
11-30-2011, 05:51 AM
gotta make the cp3 trade if you're boston. even though rondo has a nice price tag now, cp3 is just better. cp3 does everything better than rondo other than rebounding and blocking shots. he might be a more versatile player too but everything else cp3 does sets him apart. then they get an amnestied or MLE player and boston can make a strong run this season.

i understand why some boston fans would not want to see rondo go. after wrecking his elbow, he played on. i'm not sure there's a lot of PGs that would have done that. still, you gotta go for this.

Prodigy
11-30-2011, 06:26 AM
What happens?

He becomes the architect of a team loaded with young forwards with a lot of potential in Love, Williams, Beasley, Johnson, & Randolph.

He'll put up over 11 PPG, 11 APG, 4 RPG, 2 SPG on 45%FG.

Minnesota becomes a better team and competes for the 8th seed in the West.

I dont think anyone here is saying Rondo is a "superstar" on the level of Deron Williams, Chris Paul, or Derrick Rose. However, he is a 2nd tier PG in the NBA who is an impact performer despite his lack of a jumpshot. He is arguably the best passer, best defender, & he is a threat to put up a triple double in any game due solely to his hustle & effort much like Fat Lever did.

Too bad he has no playmaking ability.

R.I.P.
11-30-2011, 07:09 AM
WTF is wrong with Ainge?

Rondo and Perkins were the heart and soul of the Celtics. He already shopped out the soul. I`m pretty sure without a heart the patient is dead.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Wojnarowski says (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_boston_celtics_rajon_rondo_112911) the Pacers are chasing him. Ohhh shit.

Hibbert would be the only guy I'm interested in on the Pacers, really - but if you believe the article and we're gunning for Paul, we'll have what NO wants :oldlol:

bluechox2
11-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Let all the CP3-to-Boston chatter cease. CP will not sign long-term ext with Celtics, according to source close to situation.

this guy with his premature rumors

B
11-30-2011, 02:30 PM
id highly doubt seeing paul sign a long extension in boston, land of the aging stars, in a year or 2, he'll be back in the same situation as he is in NO right now if he does stay in boston
Me too. He can't sign a long term extension via the new rules. Max he can sign can only total 3 years including his current deal. Why would he do that when he can sign a max full length contract next summer with the team of his choice

Kiarip
11-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Too bad he has no playmaking ability.
oh god what has the world come to?

PP34Deuce
11-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Extremely dissappointed in some of my fellow Celtic fans...

The people who bitched about MIA joining forces are being hypocrites wanting to ship Rondo out for Paul.

Chris Paul is a better player than Rondo flat out. But Rondo fits our team, is more durable and a STEAL at 10-11 mil a year he gets now.

I may not be made a fan of but I believe we ride out with what we have. This team is going to face the Kedrick Brown/Mark Blount years in 2 years. We cant avoid it. THe last man standing will be Paul Pierce. KG will be gone and Ray will certainly be a key bench guy for another contending team. You cant stop father time and having Chris Paul who has more serious injury long term than Rondo is stupid.

Keep Rondo, acknowledge he will never be an above average shooter...Upgrade the SG and PF. Our real needs are a Young(21-25) year old SG in the Kevin Martin mold, and an athletic PF whos legit 6'9+ to spell KG longer periods.

PP is still going to be a 19-20ppg 6 and 4 player, We need an athletic 2guard who can create a shot.

blacknapalm
11-30-2011, 05:28 PM

The people who bitched about MIA joining forces are being hypocrites wanting to ship Rondo out for Paul.

Chris Paul is a better player than Rondo flat out. But Rondo fits our team, is more durable and a STEAL at 10-11 mil a year he gets now.

I may not be made a fan of but I believe we ride out with what we have. This team is going to face the Kedrick Brown/Mark Blount years in 2 years. We cant avoid it. THe last man standing will be Paul Pierce. KG will be gone and Ray will certainly be a key bench guy for another contending team. You cant stop father time and having Chris Paul who has more serious injury long term than Rondo is stupid.

Keep Rondo, acknowledge he will never be an above average shooter...Upgrade the SG and PF. Our real needs are a Young(21-25) year old SG in the Kevin Martin mold, and an athletic PF whos legit 6'9+ to spell KG longer periods.

PP is still going to be a 19-20ppg 6 and 4 player, We need an athletic 2guard who can create a shot.

how would you feel about adding a guy like thaddeus young?

AMISTILLILL
11-30-2011, 05:31 PM

I think a lot of Celtics fans' primary concern is avoiding those Kedrick Brown/Mark Blount years again, which is something they can potentially do by trading out current pieces. While I'm not particularly a fan of Chris Paul, I do see how having him on board, along with effective (albeit aging) pieces in Pierce/Ray/KG, might entice young free agents to sign and keep Boston relevant. It's a patch work of things; Chris Paul could have been the harbinger of things to come.

I say "could have been" because I still don't think these rumors have legs. If they do, the rumor of Paul unwilling to sign an extension with Boston effectively kills all of this.

I applaud Ainge for doing what he can to keep the team afloat, even if it's resulted in some questionable trades that still leave fans scratching their heads. He orchestrated the trades that got Boston Ray Allen and Garnett, so he's not a complete moron (like some posters seem to suggest following the Perkins trade).

B
12-08-2011, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=B

ZenMaster
12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=B

B
12-09-2011, 12:45 AM
They should be ashamed of letting it go this far. NBA is a farce.
That's the truth. I've been watching all this noise go down for days knowing in my heart that it wasn't right and teams would cry about it. I feel for Paul and the Hornets front office people. I feel for the Lakers too both the players who have been jerked around and obviously the front office that did nothing wrong. The league obviously is under pressure to do the right thing and I think this is the right thing. You can't have the league own a team and trade one of the leagues top talents to anybody.

They need to do right by CP3 though and all the Hornets if they are going to restrict their movements. Paul will now become a free agent who will only be allowed to sign a 4 year deal with the lesser raises. The bright side is the Hornets front office can look Paul in the eye and say we tried to do right by you. The Lakers on the other hand are going to have some grumpy campers on their hands for some time though both Pau and Lamar have always handled themselves like pros so I don't expect anything less from them now