PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Expects to leave The Mavs

D12"Magic"
11-30-2011, 10:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7300682/tyson-chandler-dallas-mavericks-says-expects-a-new-team-come-training-camp
In a surprise development on the first day that NBA teams and agents could start talking about new contracts, Tyson Chandler came away convinced that his time with the Dallas Mavericks is coming to an end.

"I really think I'm going to be on a new team come training camp," Chandler told ESPN.com in a telephone interview Wednesday night. "I'm really taking a hard look at all of my options, trying to see what best suits me."

Chandler
"Chandler's doubts about the Mavericks' willingness to re-sign him to a lucrative long-term deal will be welcome news for organizations throughout the league. Chandler and Denver center Nene rank as the two most coveted unrestricted free agents in the 2011 class, but the overwhelming sentiment in many front offices has been that Chandler's return to Dallas was essentially a done deal after the 7-footer's role in helping the Mavericks win their first championship.

Chandler, though, insisted Wednesday that such assumptions are a misnomer and admitted for the first time that he's disappointed by the club's decision not to offer him a contract extension after he was widely credited -- most notably by Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki -- for changing the team's defensive culture after three first-round exits in the previous four years.

Chandler maintains that staying in Dallas has been his first choice, but he expressed disappointment that the communication between the sides was minimal from the end of the NBA Finals in mid-June and the June 30 deadline for extensions. NBA front office sources list New Jersey, Golden State, Houston and Toronto as the teams chasing Chandler hardest."

For full story click the link.

NastaMaverick
11-30-2011, 10:20 PM
probably because someones gonna end up over paying his ass..

D12"Magic"
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
[B]"Tyson Chandler, the free agent center who helped Dallas win the NBA title last spring, is "interested

Pushxx
11-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Chandler is just interested in cashing in. Who can blame him? Dude single-handledly did away with the "soft" title the Mavs had.

He deserves it. If Dallas won't tie the money into Chandler, they are gonna lose him.

So is business.

Bigsmoke
11-30-2011, 10:28 PM
The Mavs arent repeating but dude in gonna get hurt soon anyway.

Nets fan 93
11-30-2011, 10:32 PM
He has interest in the Nets and the Nets have interest in him.. Please shy away from NJ!!!:rant

Kurosawa0
11-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Can't blame him. Already got his ring, might as well go for the big money.

D12"Magic"
11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
He has interest in the Nets and the Nets have interest in him.. Please shy away from NJ!!!:rant
As long as he is not getting an over-payment on his contract I will be fin...wait I know he will be signed for a lot, which hope not.

D12"Magic"
11-30-2011, 10:42 PM
NetsFan.....
As long as we dont over Pay Tyson, I dont think he would be a bad acquisition

iDunk
11-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Why would he leave, he was talking about before the year in Dallas how he always wanted to play for the Mavs.

I see the Rockets, Nets, and Celtics making nice bid for him.

R.I.P.
11-30-2011, 10:44 PM
If Chandler leaves Mavs will go into rebuild mode.

D12"Magic"
11-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Why would he leave, he was talking about before the year in Dallas how he always wanted to play for the Mavs.

Likely for the $Big Bucks$

Kurosawa0
11-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Golden State would be great with Chandler and Rudy Gay (if they end up doing that deal).

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Rudy Gay
David Lee
Tyson Chandler.

That could be a really, really interesting team,

Collie
11-30-2011, 10:50 PM
TC is a hard guy to gauge. There are years when he looks like the second coming of Bill Russell (early NO years), then suddenly becomes little more than Kwame Brown with better hands. It's risky to pay him big bucks since you never know what TC you'll be getting.

Cone
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
if he leaves, mavs should make a push for dwight

brisbaneman
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Mavs are ****ed if he leaves

StroShow4
11-30-2011, 10:54 PM
If he gets a lot of money from a bad team (the Raptors are said to be interested) they're going to regret signing him big time. Tyson is a guy who needs to be in the right situation to be any good. The Mavs are the perfect situation for him... the Raptors, though? He'll be doing like 7/7 for $10 mil a year as they miss the playoffs.

bagelred
11-30-2011, 10:55 PM
TC is a hard guy to gauge. There are years when he looks like the second coming of Bill Russell (early NO years), then suddenly becomes little more than Kwame Brown with better hands. It's risky to pay him big bucks since you never know what TC you'll be getting.

Tyson Chandler....he's like a box of chocolates.....you never know what you're gonna get.

I just made that up.

brisbaneman
11-30-2011, 10:55 PM
If he gets a lot of money from a bad team (the Raptors are said to be interested) they're going to regret signing him big time. Tyson is a guy who needs to be in the right situation to be any good. The Mavs are the perfect situation for him... the Raptors, though? He'll be doing like 7/7 for $10 mil a year as they miss the playoffs.

That would be funny if he did it.

FF1
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM

This. He needs the Mavs as much as they need him.

Bummer if he leaves.. I understand money and everything, but career wise this will be a bad decision.

StroShow4
11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Tyson Chandler....he's like a box of chocolates.....you never know what you're gonna get.

I just made that up.

You do know what you're gonna get. You got Chris Paul or Jason Kidd? You get NO/DAL Chandler. You got... whoever his PG was in Chicago or Ray Felton? You get CHI/CHA Chandler.

It's very simple. He's a guy who needs to be in the right situation.

Kurosawa0
11-30-2011, 10:59 PM
career wise this will be a bad decision.

Chandler is going to be 30 next year. This next contract will probably be his last.

FF1
11-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Chandler is going to be 30 next year. This next contract will probably be his last.

Which is why I said it made sense money wise...

Kurosawa0
11-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Which is why I said it made sense money wise...

But career wise doesn't really matter. What else is he playing for?

Jasper
11-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Can teams talk to players RIGHT NOW :confusedshrug:

Cuban stated thru e-mail in the last 24 hours his priority is to determine how far over the lux tax he wants to go before the 2013 season.
His priority was to determine how much money he can resign Chandler.

that doesn't mean he doesn't want him, and it sure as heII per league rules says he can't talk to him 'until Dec 9th'

Nets fan 93
11-30-2011, 11:22 PM
As long as he is not getting an over-payment on his contract I will be fin...wait I know he will be signed for a lot, which hope not.
I just flashback at what happened when he was in CHA.... ehh idk...

blacknapalm
11-30-2011, 11:26 PM
what about the possibility that he's just saying this for leverage on a better offer? will amnestying haywood help? dallas is totally screwed if he doesn't come back.

G-train
11-30-2011, 11:33 PM
You do know what you're gonna get. You got Chris Paul or Jason Kidd? You get NO/DAL Chandler. You got... whoever his PG was in Chicago or Ray Felton? You get CHI/CHA Chandler.

I somewhat agree, I defintely agree offensively.
He turned up to Olympics looking fit and strong, and he seemed to mature about then.
Dirk has also praised his defensive leadership.

I think he is a product of the right system PLUS he has matured in body and mind quite a bit.

Quizno
11-30-2011, 11:37 PM

so true. if he doesn't have a great point guard he goes into magikarp mode (http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157499)

StroShow4
11-30-2011, 11:38 PM
I somewhat agree, I defintely agree offensively.
He turned up to Olympics looking fit and strong, and he seemed to mature about then.
Dirk has also praised his defensive leadership.

I think he is a product of the right system PLUS he has matured in body and mind quite a bit.

He probably is more mature than he was then, but still, I don't think Chandler performs like his Maverick self on either end if he goes to a team like Toronto.

Patrick Chewing
11-30-2011, 11:54 PM

You think you're getting Howard??

kentatm
11-30-2011, 11:57 PM
ahh shit

http://www.misterhobbes.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/stewie_gun_mouth_super_commit_sucide.jpg#Stewie%20 with%20gun%20in%20mouth

Nets fan 93
11-30-2011, 11:59 PM
You think you're getting Howard??
Not Banking on getting him. The offer is pretty top notch since the Magic can also amnesty arenas.. If it happens... cool. If not... at least I wont get upset. I'd rather have Nene than Chandler.

D12"Magic"
11-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Lol at the Stewie Pic

R.I.P.
12-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Cuban should have tried to get the whole season cancelled. Mavs would have been major players to land Howard or/and Deron. Now they can either overpay for their free agents or clear capspace for next summer with nobody available or/and willing to sign with their aging team. But this is forever....

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dallas-champs.jpg

Lebron23
12-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Dallas probably would probably amnesty Brendan Haywood in order for them to sign Chandler into a max contract. No Chandler = Bigger, taller Western Conference teams are going to abuse them at the post.

All Net
12-01-2011, 02:12 AM

Money talks and he wants a long term deal.