PDA

View Full Version : The Unthinkable: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard

DFish
12-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Before you scoff in disbelief, let me say this. Look at the current teams in play for CP3 and Dwight. The Nets want Dwight, CP3 might want the Knicks, the Clippers seem to think they have a choice at either. We can pretty much rule out the slim chance of these players staying on their respective teams of NO and ORL. They've both expressed their desires to move, and those teams will want to maximize their gains by losing them. Neither will make it to free agency because they'll both be traded this season.

As for the Nets... New Jersey could be offering the sun and the moon to Orlando, Dwight does not want to play there. There isn't a snow balls chance that it happens. He wants a big market team that can be immediate contenders and he wants a warm-weather city. But most importantly, Dwight wants to win a ring. And with Miami in the East, he will most likely go West. As such, his best bet would be the Lakers. They will put together a very appealing package with Bynum, Odom and other pieces. Odom was 6th man of the year, and Bynum is the only 7'1" 290 lb back-to-the-basket center out there now that Shaq is retired. The Dwight trade will happen, just like it happened Shaq, and as I remember it NO ONE thought the Lakers could land Shaq AND Kobe together. And they did.

New Orleans (and Chris) are going to have to make an ultimate decision: New York or Los Angeles. And the Lakers win that battle. For one, they have the pieces that the Knicks simply don't have. Pau Gasol, which would be a huge asset for New Orleans, Brown/Barnes, a couple of draft picks, plus cash to take Paul and Okafor off NO. Second, after Dwight is secured as a Laker he will be a far more powerful allure for Chris Paul than Carmelo and Amar'e in New York. Paul wants a ring just like Dwight does, and he'd have to be blind not to realize that a stacked Laker team with CP3, Kobe and Dwight wins a title immediately and more likely than a CP3, Melo and Amar'e team with a gaping hole in their defense.

The Lakers roster will soon look something like this, mark my words.

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard

DFish
12-01-2011, 05:53 AM
And that, my friends, is how you simultaneously usher in the Lakers' next era of dominance and Kobe's 6th, 7th and possibly 8th ring.

9erEmpire
12-01-2011, 05:55 AM
many many rings..

Quickening
12-01-2011, 05:58 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BGriffin's Dad
12-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard

if that happens..

http://i.imgur.com/EqnT6.gif

SunsCaptain
12-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Just by skimming through this it seems you are gutting the entire team for 3 players... Whats the bench? :eek:

JohnnyWall
12-01-2011, 06:05 AM
I saw an article about this on CBS Sports. Apparently the trades are possibilities, either Bynum->Dwight and Gasol->Paul or vice versa.

If the Lakers pulled this off, it would basically be the Heat 2.0 and bring new meaning to "the Big 3".

D-Wade316
12-01-2011, 06:34 AM
if that happens..

http://i.imgur.com/EqnT6.gif
:roll: :roll: :roll:

SAKOTXA
12-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Brown opted out of his contract.

Trentknicks
12-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Before you scoff in disbelief, let me say this. Look at the current teams in play for CP3 and Dwight. The Nets want Dwight, CP3 might want the Knicks, the Clippers seem to think they have a choice at either. We can pretty much rule out the slim chance of these players staying on their respective teams of NO and ORL. They've both expressed their desires to move, and those teams will want to maximize their gains by losing them. Neither will make it to free agency because they'll both be traded this season.

As for the Nets... New Jersey could be offering the sun and the moon to Orlando, Dwight does not want to play there. There isn't a snow balls chance that it happens. He wants a big market team that can be immediate contenders and he wants a warm-weather city. But most importantly, Dwight wants to win a ring. And with Miami in the East, he will most likely go West. As such, his best bet would be the Lakers. They will put together a very appealing package with Bynum, Odom and other pieces. Odom was 6th man of the year, and Bynum is the only 7'1" 290 lb back-to-the-basket center out there now that Shaq is retired. The Dwight trade will happen, just like it happened Shaq, and as I remember it NO ONE thought the Lakers could land Shaq AND Kobe together. And they did.

New Orleans (and Chris) are going to have to make an ultimate decision: New York or Los Angeles. And the Lakers win that battle. For one, they have the pieces that the Knicks simply don't have. Pau Gasol, which would be a huge asset for New Orleans, Brown/Barnes, a couple of draft picks, plus cash to take Paul and Okafor off NO. Second, after Dwight is secured as a Laker he will be a far more powerful allure for Chris Paul than Carmelo and Amar'e in New York. Paul wants a ring just like Dwight does, and he'd have to be blind not to realize that a stacked Laker team with CP3, Kobe and Dwight wins a title immediately and more likely than a CP3, Melo and Amar'e team with a gaping hole in their defense.

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard

Yeah sorry to burst the dream bubble but Kobe stands to make nearly $30 Mill this coming season with it only further increasing in the future. How do you plan to fit all these players under the cap? Even Okafor commands a $12.6M salary....

boyle777
12-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Have you just ignored the whole past few months and the recent CBA? You think everyone keeps saying the new CBA makes it nearly impossible for other teams to do what Miami did and form a superteam? Know what a salary cap is?

If that happened, dynasty. And the Lakers become the most hated sporting team in the world ever.

But, no chance. Keep dreaming.

shootingcomets
12-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Salary count:

Kobe 25mil+
D12 20mil+
CP 20mil+
Okafor 13mil+
Artest?

salary of starting lineup 80mil+ with 0 bench

verdict = delusional

pmj
12-01-2011, 09:02 AM
They went from Phil Jackson to Mike Brown, but somehow Lakers fans are still in denial.

maybeshewill13
12-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Not happening.

blacknapalm
12-01-2011, 09:18 AM
lots of cap room left man. just sign nene to come off the bench, then trade walton for derrick williams to get younger. LA can probably also trade brown for bogut. then nene will come for free.

cp3/fisher
bryant
artest
okafor/williams/nene
howard/bogut

bust or ship

donald_trump
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
depending on how they play together, kobe could be winning rings as the third best player on the team. lol.

nathanjizzle
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
And that, my friends, is how you simultaneously usher in the Lakers' next era of dominance and Kobe's 6th, 7th and possibly 8th ring.

i feel sorry for you lakers fans....the era is over youll have to wait atleast another decade before you can contend again.

go bulls

AirTupac
12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
i feel sorry for you lakers fans....the era is over youll have to wait atleast another decade before you can contend again.

go bulls

You do realize you're talking about the Lakers in the first part? :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
12-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Neither Bynum nor Gasol is an asset that is worth a young superstar. Especially Gasol, he's 31 and they have David West. Bad idea for a team that would be forced into rebuilding mode after dealing CP3.

NO ONE thought the Lakers could land Shaq AND Kobe together. And they did.
A questionable recollection of history. "No one" was even talking about LA getting Shaq and Kobe because there was no "and Kobe." Kobe Bryant was a high schooler that looked talented but wasn't drafted until the 13th selection. Almost all of the attention was focused on the major acquisition of O'Neal, and plenty of people saw signing O'Neal as an FA coming because Buss has deep pockets and O'Neal wanted to branch out in the entertainment industry.

If LA had max cap space then Howard could force Orlando to deal with them (that's why the Clippers have a real shot) but unless Howard is willing to take the MLE the Lakers don't have the leverage necessary to force Orlando to take a bad deal.

Harrison_Barnes
12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Your delusional if you think this could actually happen.. :oldlol:

swi7ch
12-01-2011, 10:45 AM
End of the world as we know it.

bagelred
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Laker fans would still show up mid 2nd quarter.

Sarcastic
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard

Wow, after riding the owner's jocks for months, who specifically did not want to see new super teams form in large markets, you are now clamoring for the Lakers to form a new super team? :facepalm

swi7ch
12-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Whats the bench? :eek:

witht hat lineup, the ballboys could be the bench and they would still win every year

brisbaneman
12-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Is this what Kobe needs to be defeat Dirkules?

HurricaneKid
12-01-2011, 11:31 AM
lots of cap room left man. just sign nene to come off the bench, then trade walton for derrick williams to get younger. LA can probably also trade brown for bogut. then nene will come for free.

cp3/fisher
bryant
artest
okafor/williams/nene
howard/bogut

bust or ship

Nice.

HurricaneKid
12-01-2011, 11:39 AM
READ: LBJ is a p*ssy for needing to ride Wade's coattails. Wade is a p*ssy for allowing LBJ to come aboard. Kobe is the greatest player ever even though he needed the best PG in the league, the best C in the league, a really good PF, and a defensive stopper. But I'm not a Kobe stan.

HylianNightmare
12-01-2011, 11:47 AM
i'd kill myself

chips93
12-01-2011, 11:53 AM
for those wondering, dwight and cp3 told op their intentions at a party. they were all pretty blitzed.

pegasus
12-01-2011, 11:55 AM
READ: LBJ is a p*ssy for needing to ride Wade's coattails. Wade is a p*ssy for allowing LBJ to come aboard. Kobe is the greatest player ever even though he needed the best PG in the league, the best C in the league, a really good PF, and a defensive stopper. But I'm not a Kobe stan.

Idiot, what does some kid's pipe dream have to do with Kobe? He has already won 5 rings, so even if that dream comes true, it won't be because he couldn't win with less.

Lebron and Wade did team together and got Bosh to join them. That's not a dream, it's reality. So only worry about that.

kenny817
12-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Kobe needs all of this help to avoid getting swept again

Go Mavs

greymatter
12-01-2011, 12:15 PM

Ok Miss Cleo.

As for the Nets... New Jersey could be offering the sun and the moon to Orlando, Dwight does not want to play there. There isn't a snow balls chance that it happens. He wants a big market team that can be immediate contenders and he wants a warm-weather city.

They're moving to Brooklyn soon. Warm weather hardly compares to winning. Playing alongside Deron Williams makes the Nets immediate contenders and right up there with Miami and Chicago.

But most importantly, Dwight wants to win a ring. And with Miami in the East, he will most likely go West. As such, his best bet would be the Lakers.
They will put together a very appealing package with Bynum, Odom and other pieces. Odom was 6th man of the year, and Bynum is the only 7'1" 290 lb back-to-the-basket center out there now that Shaq is retired. The Dwight trade will happen, just like it happened Shaq, and as I remember it NO ONE thought the Lakers could land Shaq AND Kobe together. And they did.

Bynum is always injured and has an Andrew Bogut type of ceiling at best. Odom is a solid, yet unremarkable talent; a cross between Robert Horry and Horace Grant. Otis Smith might be a retard, but he'd laugh in your face at that trashy deal.

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard

Right, all the smaller market teams just want to trade their best talent to ****ing LA or NY because they all want to see these douchebags win titles for the next decade or so.

I'll tell you right now that given Orlando's history of losing Shaq to LA, there's no way in hell Otis Smith considers anything that doesn't include at least Gasol/Bynum and LA taking on Arenas and/or Turkoglu's contracts.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
You do realize you're talking about the Lakers in the first part? :oldlol:
love how he says he feels sorry for lakers fan, but proceeds to say go bulls.

Scholar
12-01-2011, 12:27 PM
This isn't happening, just like OP's "writer's party" where he saw Meagan Fox didn't happen.

Disaprine
12-01-2011, 12:34 PM
swept again

lets be honest here, we both know thats never going to happen again.

joshwake
12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Nothing wworse than delusional and entitled Lakers fan.

kenny817
12-01-2011, 12:41 PM
lets be honest here, we both know thats never going to happen again.
Are you calling it a fluke?

One game = fluke

4 games = demolishing of epic proportion

kenny817
12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Nothing wworse than delusional and entitled Lakers fan.
Didn't you hear...Mavs are trading Dirk to the Lakers for Walton Blake and Odom

If ya can't beat em...get em on the squad

Disaprine
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Are you calling it a fluke?

One game = fluke

4 games = demolishing of epic proportion
i never said it was a fluke, iam saying the lakers getting swept again is never going to happen anymore.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Gasol played like a bum, that is why the Lakers got swept. Even if Pau brought his A game, Mavs still win, but def don't sweet the Lakers. Can somebody post Dallas' trophy case and the Lakers trophy case so we can compare and Dallas fans can finally shut the fck up.

kenny817
12-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Gasol played like a bum, that is why the Lakers got swept. Even if Pau brought his A game, Mavs still win, but def don't sweet the Lakers. Can somebody post Dallas' trophy case and the Lakers trophy case so we can compare and Dallas fans can finally shut the fck up.

Ahhh yes...typical Laker fan. Bring up the sweep and they go back years and years and years and years and years hahahaha its very entertaining actually!

Just shut the hell up and take that sweep on the chin...and clean up the mess

go Mavs

kenny817
12-01-2011, 12:54 PM
i never said it was a fluke, iam saying the lakers getting swept again is never going to happen anymore.
Ahhh gotcha

You're right doubt it happens again...definitely didn't expect it to go down that way.

I always said...had Kobe made that game winner in Game 1...ish would be a whoooooole lot different right now

Duncan21formvp
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
They won't get either of them.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Ahhh yes...typical Laker fan. Bring up the sweep and they go back years and years and years and years and years hahahaha its very entertaining actually!

Just shut the hell up and take that sweep on the chin...and clean up the mess

go Mavs
It's funny you bring that up. I suspect you Dallas guys will be talking about that 2011 championship for the next 20 years.:banana:

Disaprine
12-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Ahhh gotcha

You're right doubt it happens again...definitely didn't expect it to go down that way.

I always said...had Kobe made that game winner in Game 1...ish would be a whoooooole lot different right now
me ethier, but dallas was incredible in that series, i wasn't that suprised when they won agaisnt the heat.

Shadynasty's
12-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard

I think Griffin and the Clippers would get CP3 and D12 before Kobe and the Lakers would, but I just don't see either LA team landing both.

AMISTILLILL
12-01-2011, 02:57 PM

cp3/fisher
bryant
artest
okafor/williams/nene
howard/bogut

bust or ship

:lol

ballup
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
:roll:
Thinking that NO wants Gasol and trash for CP3 and Okafor.

greymatter
12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
CP3 wouldn't be a good fit for the Lakers anyway. The only way you can effectively pair up 2 all stars in the backcourt with one of them being a Stockton/Nash/CP3 type of player is if the other one is in the Ray Allen/Reggie Miller/Joe Dumars type type of mold.

LBJ/Dwade have learned to pick spots to trade off to one another and thus somewhat still both remain nearly as productive as they have always been. Pairing CP3 with Kobe would almost certainly mean that CP3's skills would be under utilized and result in far less production.

32Dayz
12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Mike Brown Era = 0 Rings.

It'd be cool if LA got those players but TBH I dont see Dwight or CP3 going to LA.

Also if LA trades Gasol they will never contend again.

Kingwillball
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
CP3 asked to Be traded to Knicks today.. Like Anthony it will be a Matter of time whether it happens before season or by trade deadline.

Droid101
12-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Mike Brown Era = 0 Rings.

It'd be cool if LA got those players but TBH I dont see Dwight or CP3 going to LA.

Also if LA trades Gasol they will never contend again.
You are a complete joke of a poster.

The Lakers had the best record in the west with Kobe leading the way in 2008 BEFORE the Gasol trade happened. Stop trying to rewrite history.

Jasper
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I saw an article about this on CBS Sports. Apparently the trades are possibilities, either Bynum->Dwight and Gasol->Paul or vice versa.

If the Lakers pulled this off, it would basically be the Heat 2.0 and bring new meaning to "the Big 3".

Would this mean the Heat would be the under dogs of the NBA :oldlol:

depending on how they play together, kobe could be winning rings as the third best player on the team. lol.
He's been the 2nd best for a number of years so he'll adapt.

Been doing it for at least 2-3 decades with their star studded rosters.

------------
It's a given Howard will be there / question is how loyal is CP3 to NY = to a ring chase in LA :confusedshrug:

In away I would like to see it happen - just to watch Kobe become irrelevant.. or take one of the forced game winners with 3 guys hanging on him 3 seconds left in a game seven championship while CP3 and Howard are open by 20 feet , and they walk off the floor shaking their heads in disgust . :D

32Dayz
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
You are a complete joke of a poster.

The Lakers had the best record in the west with Kobe leading the way in 2008 BEFORE the Gasol trade happened. Stop trying to rewrite history.

Lakers before Gasol = Missed Playoffs + Two First Round Exits.
Lakers after Gasol = 3 Finalz + 2 Rings.

Comparison Between Kobe/Gasol in 2010.

Regular Season PER / WShares
Gasol : 22.9 ||| 11
Kobe : 21.9 ||| 9.4

Playoff PER / WShares
Gasol : 24 ||| 4.7
Kobe : 24.7 ||| 3.6

2010 Playoff Summary.
Gasol better in 12/23 Games.
Kobe better in 10/23 Games.

Stop trying to rewrite history.

wakencdukest
12-01-2011, 08:44 PM
This ain't ever going to happen. It's just ridiculous.

MaxFly
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Just by skimming through this it seems you are gutting the entire team for 3 players... Whats the bench? :eek:

To do this, they would have to gut the team, but it wouldn't matter... look at the starting line up...

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard

Thank goodness the CBA won't allow this.

D12"Magic"
12-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Does anybody make logical sense any more? Its not gonna be easy for the Lakers to just grab Howard and Paul as you say.

People need to stop acting like they know what Howard wants. The fact you said Howard wants to be in a big Market and play for a contender, then you eliminate NJ as an option is un-fair and logically makes no sense when in fact Brooklyn is a huge market and playing with Deron Williams and some nice signings the Nets could make , can be a great team.

LA_Showtime
12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
CP3 wouldn't be a good fit for the Lakers anyway. The only way you can effectively pair up 2 all stars in the backcourt with one of them being a Stockton/Nash/CP3 type of player is if the other one is in the Ray Allen/Reggie Miller/Joe Dumars type type of mold.

LBJ/Dwade have learned to pick spots to trade off to one another and thus somewhat still both remain nearly as productive as they have always been. Pairing CP3 with Kobe would almost certainly mean that CP3's skills would be under utilized and result in far less production.

I would love to see Kobe play with a legitimate point guard... hell, a true point guard. I have no idea how Paul and Kobe would coexist but it'd be interesting to watch. These two trades obviously aren't going to happen though.

WeGetRing2012
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM

go bulls

The Era is never over in laker land. When go to the finals every decade....

ConanRulesNBC
12-02-2011, 04:31 PM
If that happens, Phil Jackson returns this season.

9erEmpire
12-02-2011, 04:38 PM
like i said...many many many many rings.

Thechosen1
12-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Chris Paul wouldn't want to play with Lgay

bigdog13
12-02-2011, 05:35 PM

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard

I thought we locked these jerks out to avoid just this thing.

BGriffin's Dad
12-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Magic and Hornets in a race to deal for Bynum

seriously... i will eat my shoe if this happens

Shadynasty's
12-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Just heard Broussard talking about this on SportsCenter... Yeah, it's Broussard but wow.. I'm shocked it's even at the point of being discussed.

"the Lakers could make it financially work."
"all pieces but Kobe could be used"

d.bball.guy
12-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Bench? New CBA?

http://i43.tinypic.com/mschsg.png

The Macho Man
12-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Bench? New CBA?

:oldlol:

ballsohard247
12-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Bench? New CBA?

:roll:

DDensity
12-06-2011, 01:32 AM

I wish people would understand in many cases this is unavoidable. If you haven't experienced LA traffic, then you have no idea what we're up against here. Weekday games are nearly impossible to make to on time unless you don't work or take the day off.

oh the horror
12-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Hey, cant knock the Lakers for going for it all right?

LA would be buzzing though, and the bandwagon would be in full d-bag mode out here.

DFish
12-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Just heard Broussard talking about this on SportsCenter... Yeah, it's Broussard but wow.. I'm shocked it's even at the point of being discussed.

"the Lakers could make it financially work."
"all pieces but Kobe could be used"

I have a reliable source close to the agents of both players. This multi-step trade is 95% going to happen now.

Look for Dwight Howard to be traded first in the next week, then Chris Paul will likely follow a short time after.

BankShot
12-06-2011, 01:45 AM
I don't see why a financially strapped, totally rebuilding team like the Hornets would want to pay a 31-year-old over $55 million for the next three years, no matter how good he was as second-banana to Kobe :confusedshrug:

christian1923
12-06-2011, 01:47 AM
I don't see why a financially strapped, totally rebuilding team like the Hornets would want to pay a 31-year-old over $55 million for the next three years, no matter how good he was as second-banana to Kobe :confusedshrug:
he can lead a team to the playoffs

YAWN
12-06-2011, 01:48 AM

Same, unless they were going to flip him to a borderline contender for some lucrative young talent/picks.

BankShot
12-06-2011, 01:49 AM
he can lead a team to the playoffs

I repeat.... what good does a 31-year-old who is slated to make over $55 million over the next three years, do to a team that is financially strapped for cash, owned by the league and the rest of the owners, and would be in absolute total rebuilding mode when trading Paul??

Mark my words right now:

Paul will not be traded for Gasol without a third team involved. Absolutely will not.

Kobr
12-06-2011, 01:51 AM
I have a reliable source close to the agents of both players. This multi-step trade is 95% going to happen now.

Look for Dwight Howard to be traded first in the next week, then Chris Paul will likely follow a short time after.

http://i.imgur.com/vHRhl.jpg

oh the horror
12-06-2011, 01:54 AM
I repeat.... what good does a 31-year-old who is slated to make over $55 million over the next three years, do to a team that is financially strapped for cash, owned by the league and the rest of the owners, and would be in absolute total rebuilding mode when trading Paul??

Mark my words right now:

Paul will not be traded for Gasol without a third team involved. Absolutely will not.

Agree. A third team would absolutely have to be involved. Honestly i remain optimistic just for optimisms sake, but in reality.....LA aint pulling off BOTH of those players. That would just be too outrageous.

Dengness9
12-06-2011, 01:54 AM
DFish needs to be banned from this site.

What are you gonna do when this doesn't happen???

Cuz we know you won't disappear, you'll just spew out some more pathetic BS that you made up with your hand down your pants touching your clitoris

mountainmamba
12-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Same, unless they were going to flip him to a borderline contender for some lucrative young talent/picks.

this

DFish
12-06-2011, 01:57 AM
What are you gonna do when this doesn't happen???

What will you do when it does happen? I'll gladly make a deal. I leave if LA doesn't get both, you leave if they do. Agreed?

BankShot
12-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Agree. A third team would absolutely have to be involved. Honestly i remain optimistic just for optimisms sake, but in reality.....LA aint pulling off BOTH of those players. That would just be too outrageous.

So here's an interesting caveat to the whole LA/Dwight/Paul scenario.... what team would offer New Orleans enough for Pau Gasol to make the deal worthwhile???

I'd love to see him in San Antonio or Chicago... but they don't have the assets to pull it off

christian1923
12-06-2011, 02:01 AM

Mark my words right now:

its not like they could do much better. but they could involve a young team like the wolves

Wolves get gasol! k love to the Hornets... and cp3 and darko to the lakers

ballsohard247
12-06-2011, 02:02 AM
How many front page threads does it take to make it official?

bluechox2
12-06-2011, 02:04 AM
How many front page threads does it take to make it official?

better go see from the kwame deal

lakerfreak
12-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Why would the lakers want to go after Emeka?

ballsohard247
12-06-2011, 02:07 AM
better go see from the kwame deal
:lol

BankShot
12-06-2011, 02:07 AM
its not like they could do much better. but they could involve a young team like the wolves

Wolves get gasol! k love to the Hornets... and cp3 and darko to the lakers

Why would the Wolves trade a 23-year-old All-Star PF for a 31-year-old All-Star PF to help assemble a superteam in their own conference?? :rolleyes:

DFish
12-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Why would the lakers want to go after Emeka?

I admit I might have gotten Okafor wrong. I'm hearing now that a combo of Hedo/Ariza is most likely.

lakerfreak
12-06-2011, 02:10 AM
I admit I might have gotten Okafor wrong. I'm hearing now that a combo of Hedo/Ariza is most likely.

I mean, I will accept that getting these two superstars is a slim possibility...but at that point, getting someone else making even over 3 million a year is just a ludicrous idea.

at that point I would fill in the team with veteran minimum ring chasers that can still play a role...or even sign some younger defensive minded athletes since Kobe Dwight and Paul would probably account for 90% of the team's points.

Wow...Im just thinking this is all still a pipe dream. Its too much to digest.

bluechox2
12-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Why would the Wolves trade a 23-year-old All-Star PF for a 31-year-old All-Star PF to help assemble a superteam in their own conference?? :rolleyes:

beacuse lakers owners got dirt on every owner in the league

(e)
12-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Oh shhhhh...

All Net
12-06-2011, 04:10 AM
ESPN seem to think there is a high chance Paul is actually traded before the season.

lilgodfather1
12-06-2011, 04:53 AM
How stupid are the people at ESPN? So the Hornets/Magic are going to want to want overpaid and aging players in Gasol or Odom, or both? Please there is literally about 20 teams that could make far better offers in order to get one of these players. Let's just do an example.

LAC - Jordan (S&T), Williams, Kaman, 2012 Minni pick for Howard + Hedo

Gordon, Aminu + cap sace for Paul

Both of those trades blow any Laker offer out of the water. Plus it is still in LA, and both stars don't have to go to "Kobe's team", and Dwight and Paul get to play with a star that is only going to get better (Blake) and not worse (Kobe).

Or how about this

Cavs - Kyrie, Jamison, 2012 pick for Paul, Ariza

Thompson, TPE, Eyenga, Varejao, 2014 pick for Howard, Hedo, Jameer Nelson

Again way better than the Lakers offer. In both scenarios the two stars teams get something more than old useless players back, and in Orlando's case with the amnesty they would ditch pretty much their entire salary for the following season and they would have a big TPE and expiring at the end of the year as well as two young players, one who was taken fourth overall. As for NOH they get back a potential star PG, and they ditch one of their worst contracts.

As for the Cavaliers well quite honestly they would be a contender again almost instantly. Paul/Parker/Ariza/Erden/Dwight

Not to mention the amnesty players that would come knocking, oh and they have Baron Davis off the bench (if they didn't amnesty him to free cap space for other players). I could see this happening way before the LAL trade, of course the two trades would have to hinge on eachother and the extensions, but why wouldn't Paul and Howard sign on long term to play with eachother? So what if it is Cleveland, you only have to be there 41 games a year, honestly less than 6 month a year.

While i'm at it why wouldn't the Heat be contenders for both? Bosh for one, and Wade for one. Makes sense for all involved. Orlando gets an almost as good as Dwight big, and NOH gets a better than Paul guard. The Heat get younger, and better.

chazzy
12-06-2011, 04:59 AM
^NO and Orlando are limited to trading them to a team they would want to extend with, unless someone wants to take a gamble.

Fiasco
12-06-2011, 05:08 AM
^NO and Orlando are limited to trading them to a team they would want to extend with, unless someone wants to take a gamble.

Well, his logic is:

Paul is willing to extend with LAC.

Howard wants to play in LA.

Howard wants to play with CP3.

Ergo, Howard would extend with LAC.

Or something like that. I'm not sure.

lilgodfather1
12-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Well, his logic is:

Basically. I couldn't see why they wouldn't extend together for the CLippers especially with Blake in the picture, but maybe that is just me.

Jameerthefear
12-06-2011, 03:08 PM
But Bosh isn't "almost good as Dwight". Dwight is so much better it isn't even close...

Sarcastic
12-06-2011, 03:09 PM

Mavs, Celtics, and Rockets have said they will take a gamble.

Droid101
12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Well, his logic is:

You gotta remember... I mean, if you look at history, the Lakers spend money and try to win every year.

The Clippers.... not so much.

If you were a high profile player, which team would you rather play for?

MMM
12-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Mavs, Celtics, and Rockets have said they will take a gamble.

it makes a ton of sense for the Celts to take the gamble because they have 1 more season out of the big 3 and cp3 gives them a better shot than rondo. Also it is better fit beacause the Celtics need additional scoring in the half court while Rondo is suited to a faster tempo team and frankly the Celtics aren't the ideal fit for Rondo at this stage of his career.

lilgodfather1
12-06-2011, 05:37 PM
You gotta remember... I mean, if you look at history, the Lakers spend money and try to win every year.

The Clippers.... not so much.

If you were a high profile player, which team would you rather play for?
I would rather play for Boston. But that isn't really the point here. It is a simple choice between the Lakers and CLippers. In 2 years the Lakers are going to be all on Paul and Dwight, in 2 years the Clippers would still have three superstars,and one of them wouldn't even be in his prime yet. Also I have a hard time believing that Sterling wouldn't spend with three superstars on the roster considering the revenue he would be getting.

DFish
12-08-2011, 07:55 PM
My source is telling me the following... the Dwight Howard trade is coming within 5-7 days at the latest. Expect Bynum/Artest/Okafor to be possible trading pieces.

talkingconch
12-08-2011, 07:58 PM
My source is telling me the following... the Dwight Howard trade
is coming within 5-7 days at the latest. Expect Bynum/Artest/Okafor to be possible trading pieces.

considerable i guess keep us updated

but when did Okafor come?

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-08-2011, 08:13 PM
If that happened, dynasty. And the Lakers become the most hated sporting team in the world ever.

No one hates the Lakers. Heat are not an elite storied franchise, that's why Lebron's decision was hated. I hated Lebron for this, what are the Heat? 1 uninteresting title, Shaq dying there, Caruso CSI glasses, looking like overhauled turds, no creativity, immigrants not coming to games, total obscurity ? It looks like shit, he could have the Knicks. Just... stupid move outside of NBA canon.

Nobody hates the Lakers, only fans of other teams like always.