PDA

View Full Version : Column: Knicks should TRADE Melo or Amar'e, and get CP3 or D-Will, AND Dwight Howard!

insidehoops
12-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Read this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/sports-attorney-advice-120211.shtml

A sports attorney suggests a plan of action for the Knicks in free agency that involves trading Carmelo Anthony or Amar'e Stoudemire.

Absolutely worth reading! Very interesting stuff.

What do you think of any/all aspects of this?

MeLO MvP 15
12-02-2011, 11:21 PM
It would just be easier to trade Amar'e to Orlando for Dwight (if ORL is willing to do that and that's the best player they could probably get) or if both Dwight and one of Paul/ Williams make it to free agency, you could amnesty Amar'e and sign Dwight and either Paul/Williams. A lot less variables which makes it more likely.

iamgine
12-02-2011, 11:26 PM
That sport attorney is working under the assumption that CP-Melo-Amare will be worse than Wade-Lebron-Bosh. Looking at individual talents, it is obvious. But from a team perspective, it's unclear who will be worse.

Sarcastic
12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Kinda cutthroat, no?

I think the odd man out would be Amar'e, since he has the injury history and might clog up the post with Howard.

insidehoops
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
I think Dwight Howard and Amar'e Stoudemire would be better together than Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony

Sarcastic
12-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I think Dwight Howard and Amar'e Stoudemire would be better together than Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony

I'd rather have Melo's iso ability and clutchness.

Plus Melo and Paul are best friends.

Rekindled
12-02-2011, 11:55 PM
hell no on trading melo.

hell yes on trading amare.

amare+ billups to celtics for rondo +garnett. get er done

Rowe
12-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Kinda cutthroat, no?

I think the odd man out would be Amar'e, since he has the injury history and might clog up the post with Howard.

That would be seriously cutthroat. Amare wanted to come here to be the guy who turned the Knicks around, and he really asserted himself last offseason with a mainly young, unproven roster around him. He is a high character guy and a team leader.

I didnt want him for that huge contract, but I've come to like the addition of him on this team. We would have never gotten Melo without Amare recruiting him here.

Man that would be a tough decision to let him go.

Rowe
12-03-2011, 12:07 AM
At first I saw this thread and was like "No way".:wtf:

Then I started thinking about the possibility of CP3-Melo-Dwight.

That trio is better & younger than Miami's Big 3 and would be possible.

BGriffin's Dad
12-03-2011, 12:24 AM
which would be the optimal combo?

CP3-Melo-Amar'e
CP3-Melo-Howard
CP3-Amar'e-Howard
Williams-Melo-Amar'e
Williams-Melo-Howard
Williams-Amar'e-Howard

longtime lurker
12-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Too many trades need to happen for it to work realistically. And even after that it would still require both CP3 and Dwight Howard to take pay cuts. Not to mention it will piss off any agents and screw with potential clients.

ConanRulesNBC
12-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Amar'e straight up for Dwight Howard would work. Orlando gets back an All-Star big.

The Knicks with Melo, Dwight and CP3 or Deron Williams would be scary.

I would like to see Deron Williams because I'm a bigger fan of his but CP3 would work out too. But man... Howard, Williams and Melo would be insane.

That would be kind of lame to trade Amar'e or Melo though. Amar'e signed with New York and really wanted to play with them and Melo demanded that if he was traded it would be to the Knicks.

BGriffin's Dad
12-03-2011, 12:40 AM
i wonder if a 3-way would allow NYK to get both? not that i want that to happen :oldlol: but something like

Knicks get: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard
Hornets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
Magic get: Amar'e Stoudamire

or

Knicks get: Deron Williams, Dwight Howard
Nets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
Magic get: Carmelo Anthony

ConanRulesNBC
12-03-2011, 12:44 AM
i wonder if a 3-way would allow NYK to get both? not that i want that to happen :oldlol: but something like

or

Man, the Nets get screwed so much. They basically gave up their whole team for Deron Williams.

BGriffin's Dad
12-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Man, the Nets get screwed so much. They basically gave up their whole team for Deron Williams.

yeah, it would suck for the nets but i'd be worried about the 2012 FA if i were them

Sarcastic
12-03-2011, 12:51 AM
which would be the optimal combo?

CP3-Melo-Amar'e
CP3-Melo-Howard
CP3-Amar'e-Howard
Williams-Melo-Amar'e
Williams-Melo-Howard
Williams-Amar'e-Howard

Melo/Howard/CP3 or Williams (these two are equal but Williams might get slight edge due to CP3's health)

Sarcastic
12-03-2011, 12:52 AM

or

Nets will not trade D-Will at all, especially to the Knicks. Only way he could end up with the Knicks is as a free agent.

Nets fan 93
12-03-2011, 12:55 AM
yeah, it would suck for the nets but i'd be worried about the 2012 FA if i were them
For Chauncey Billups who probably wouldnt resign and Fields who also wouldnt be a part of the long term plans? I rather let him walk than help ny.

bluechox2
12-03-2011, 12:55 AM
if dwight and paul hit free agency, we can amnesty amare on the premise that he will resign with the knicks (i donno what the rules are), then we sign both paul and dwight to max contacts:cheers: :rockon:

Rowe
12-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Nets will not trade D-Will at all, especially to the Knicks. Only way he could end up with the Knicks is as a free agent.

This.

But if D-Will signed with the Knicks, I'm convinced that Prokhorov would make him disappear on some Jimmy Hoffa/Bison Dele type stuff. :oldlol:

insidehoops
12-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Who would be better together, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, or Deron Williams and Dwight Howard?

christian1923
12-03-2011, 02:33 AM
That would be so disgraceful if the knicks cut or traded amare!!!!! :mad: I WANT CP3 MELO AND AMARE! THATS THE PLAN DAMMIT!!!

AMISTILLILL
12-03-2011, 02:35 AM
hell no on trading melo.

hell yes on trading amare.

amare+ billups to celtics for rondo +garnett. get er done

http://cdn.theurbandaily.com/files/2010/07/cocaine.gif

christian1923
12-03-2011, 02:37 AM
http://cdn.theurbandaily.com/files/2010/07/cocaine.gif

YOUR TAKING THAT TRADE lol YOU AINT GOTTA LIE CRAIG

kurple
12-03-2011, 03:05 AM
It will never happen. But I would never stop laughing if Melo was traded from the Knicks

AMISTILLILL
12-03-2011, 03:08 AM
YOUR TAKING THAT TRADE lol YOU AINT GOTTA LIE CRAIG

Old as dirt KG now is worth more than old as dirt Billups now. You're trading a star PG and a defensive anchor for an aging PG who can't stay in front of his man and Amar'e. I would want a little bit more if I was Ainge.

kurple
12-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Old as dirt KG now is worth more than old as dirt Billups now. You're trading a star PG and a defensive anchor for an aging PG who can't stay in front of his man and Amar'e. I would want a little bit more if I was Ainge.
Ainge would do it in a second

AfroSamurai
12-03-2011, 03:16 AM
This will happen if Jordan comes out of retirement.:oldlol:

Clutch
12-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Howard is without a doubt the better player.
But it would be such a douche move after Amare turned this franchise upside down.

I don't know if I would do it.
My sense is telling me to trade Amare for Dwight because he is clearly the better player who can defend and turn this team to one of the top3 in the league.
But my heart says no,after all Amare has done for this team I really started to like him and it would be tough to send him to Orlando to play with bunch of overpaid scrubs.

knickswin
12-03-2011, 05:00 AM
No way am I trading Carmelo. Honestly, I think he is just as any of Dwight, Chris Paul, and Deron. I would be somewhat open to trading Amar'e, but the Amar'e-for-Dwight scenario sounds pie in the sky to me, plus I don't think the Knicks would want that PR.

Nickel06
12-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Howard is without a doubt the better player.
But it would be such a douche move after Amare turned this franchise upside down.

I don't know if I would do it.
My sense is telling me to trade Amare for Dwight because he is clearly the better player who can defend and turn this team to one of the top3 in the league.
But my heart says no,after all Amare has done for this team I really started to like him and it would be tough to send him to Orlando to play with bunch of overpaid scrubs.

Im right there. Heart says No F*****G WAY. But the head says its probably whats best for this team and its quest for a title. Yes Stat came when nobody else wanted to, and made NY relevant again for the first time in a decade. But also the chance to get the best and most dominant big man in the game is hard to say no to. Plus gotta wonder whats a better fit, Melo, Stat, and CP, or Melo, Howard, CP. I dont know, nobody really does, Im definitely glad Im not the one making the call. But remember too, bottom line is this is business. If D**CHE Dolan lets the FO make strictly the best basketball moves, then it would be the right call, trading Stat. Remember, loyalty is great, but it could burn you too, and the goal here is getting a ring/several. I dont know, i just dont know.:facepalm :banghead: :cry:

knicksman
12-03-2011, 09:24 AM
LOL amare is better than dwight. its harder to be an offensive player like amare than a defensive player and blackhole on offense like dwight. offense requires skills. And character matters and amare is not a frontrunner like dwight or lebron thats why he has no problem existing with other players coz hes likable. He has that jordan mentality that would rather chose to revive a franchise rather than join a big 3. While dwight is now a first round exit coz his teammates doesnt want to play with him. But of course the idiots blame it on his teammates.LOL The reason why they lost is because he has now become selfish.

Nickel06
12-03-2011, 09:39 AM
LOL amare is better than dwight. its harder to be an offensive player like amare than a defensive player and blackhole on offense like dwight. offense requires skills. And character matters and amare is not a frontrunner like dwight or lebron thats why he has no problem existing with other players coz hes likable. He has that jordan mentality that would rather chose to revive a franchise rather than join a big 3. While dwight is now a first round exit coz his teammates doesnt want to play with him. But of course the idiots blame it on his teammates.LOL The reason why they lost is because he has now become selfish.

All valid, but its also hard to argue with the perennial Defensive Player of the Year. I dont know like I said, tough call, and arguements can be made either way. But glad Im not making the final call.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Just trade Anthony please. I would be the greatest Knick fan ever. Nothing in it for me now. The guy is a low-brow opportunist and should be on a less elite team if NBA is serious about itself. There's no prestige in this ghetto dracula, slumdog godzilla wanker.

Make my Knick mine, i've been waiting to be a fan of this team since i was born. Since Baby's Day Out. Since 3 Men and a Baby, since Igby's goes down, since Michael Douglas. Make something right for once. Idiots.

Jameerthefear
12-03-2011, 01:03 PM
amare for Dwight would need more than just that imo. Dwight is a top3 player in the league and the best defensive player :no:

D12"Magic"
12-03-2011, 01:07 PM

or

:facepalm

longtime lurker
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Amare for Dwight would be an absolute steal of the knicks. That's why it's not happening.

Clutch
12-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Amare for Dwight would be an absolute steal of the knicks. That's why it's not happening.
Then tell me one trade for Dwight that isn't a steal ?

Pretty old and soft Gasol + young but always injured Bynum ?
Center who grabs 5 rebounds per game in Brook Lopez + bunch of scrubs and few picks ?

Amare might have knee problems but he is far better than any other player that is offered for Dwight.Especially if you throw in Fields or something similar.
I'm not saying I would do it or that's a realistic option but it's still way better than other offers.

Amare is a superstar who can turn franchise around. He isn't LeBron or Dwight but he is surely top10-15 player in the game.

longtime lurker
12-03-2011, 01:52 PM

Center who grabs 5 rebounds per game in Brook Lopez + bunch of scrubs and few picks ?

Amare might have knee problems but he is far better than any other player that is offered for Dwight.Especially if you throw in Fields or something similar.
I'm not saying I would do it or that's a realistic option but it's still way better than other offers.

Amare is a superstar who can turn franchise around. He isn't LeBron or Dwight but he is surely top10-15 player in the game.

Gasol and Bynum is a trade that gets Orlando equal value for Dwight. Not only would it keep them in the playoffs, but they'd still look good for the future with Bynum. Amare for Dwight comes close to equal value, but just Amare alone is a steal and I don't know if there's anything else the Knicks could add to get equal value. Any other trade whether it's New Jersey or Clippers is dependent on Orlando wanting to rebuild.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-03-2011, 04:15 PM

lebron or wade for dwight...only 1 i can think of.

Nets fan 93
12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Gasol and Bynum is a trade that gets Orlando equal value for Dwight. Not only would it keep them in the playoffs, but they'd still look good for the future with Bynum. Amare for Dwight comes close to equal value, but just Amare alone is a steal and I don't know if there's anything else the Knicks could add to get equal value. Any other trade whether it's New Jersey or Clippers is dependent on Orlando wanting to rebuild.
I don't see why they wouldn't want to. They couldnt win it all with a top 5 player. They should start from scratch and rebuild.

Rekindled
12-03-2011, 04:32 PM

Amare is an allstar starter, that's way better than scrubs like brook lopez or andrew bynum.

Or you can just have dwight walk for nothing.

hawkfan
12-03-2011, 04:43 PM

or

You really think David Stern would approve a trade of Chris Paul for an aging Chaucey Billups and a scrub like Landry Fields?

Why not just fold the Hornets instead?

Chauncey belongs in the Hall of Fame when he retires, but he isn't worth Chris Paul in a trade now.

niko
12-03-2011, 04:44 PM
There is no way to get Howard. He does not want to be in NYC. He doesn't like the cold weather, he wants warm weather, nice reporters who won't kill him too much, and to be close to acting jobs, etc. Brooklyn only has a chance because they are the nicest place with cap space. Knicks, we get much more scrutiny than Brooklyn will at first. He doesn't want to be here.

I don't get everyone, we can probably get Paul. So everyone wants to get cute and figure out ten other things to do. How about just get Paul?

niko
12-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Just trade Anthony please. I would be the greatest Knick fan ever. Nothing in it for me now. The guy is a low-brow opportunist and should be on a less elite team if NBA is serious about itself. There's no prestige in this ghetto dracula, slumdog godzilla wanker.

Make my Knick mine, i've been waiting to be a fan of this team since i was born. Since Baby's Day Out. Since 3 Men and a Baby, since Igby's goes down, since Michael Douglas. Make something right for once. Idiots.
No one ever responds to your shtick but you keep posting it.

hawkfan
12-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Then tell me one trade for Dwight that isn't a steal.

That's why Orlando needs to just gut the roster entirely, have a huge fire sale, and clear out roster space so they can sign a Chris Paul and then another high level free agent.

longtime lurker
12-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Amare is an allstar starter, that's way better than scrubs like brook lopez or andrew bynum.

Or you can just have dwight walk for nothing.

And Pau Gasol is?????? :confusedshrug:

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-03-2011, 05:27 PM
No one ever responds to your shtick but you keep posting it.

It's not a shtick. It's a call for reason. **** your league, you ****ing spammer who doesn't know shit from your ****. **** the idiots, i say, over and over. Of course no one responds. Either it's canon, or it's fanon, or it's shit. And NBA has been shit for years. Just lose the New York in the Knicks and call it The Kebab Knicks, or let in the sponsors, or call it Niqqa We Have A League Knicks. Bottom dwelling looow riders, shit for brain wankers and a basketball league tailored for you. Suck my ****.

el gringos
12-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Raptors get- Amare + Andre Miller
--
Knicks get- Bargnani + Nene + Calderon
--
Nugs get- ed davis + billups (to waive and return to ny)
---------
Knicks turn amare into nene and bargnani would be genius

Pokerface
12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Raptors get- Amare + Andre Miller
--
Knicks get- Bargnani + Nene + Calderon
--
Nugs get- ed davis + billups (to waive and return to ny)
---------
Knicks turn amare into nene and bargnani would be genius

So, the Nuggets trade Nene and Dre Miller for Ed Davis and C. Billups, whom they then waive? Somehow, I don't get the logic in this.

verylegit
12-04-2011, 12:49 AM
I think Dwight Howard and Amar'e Stoudemire would be better together than Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Can you imagine the shot blocking, the posterizing(blake will go no further than the 3 point arc), the high altitude offense?

no offense to the victims, but bring back the twin towers!(in new york)

BGriffin's Dad
12-04-2011, 01:09 AM
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Can you imagine the shot blocking, the posterizing(blake will go no further than the 3 point arc), the high altitude offense?

no offense to the victims, but bring back the twin towers!(in new york)

actually..

The Twin Towers: Dwight Howard + Blake Griffin
The Tower & the Fruit Stand: Dwight Howard + Amar'e Stoudamire

thejumpa
12-04-2011, 01:16 AM
actually..

The Twin Towers: Dwight Howard + Blake Griffin
The Tower & the Fruit Stand: Dwight Howard + Amar'e Stoudamire

:roll:

repped

Duncan21formvp
12-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Read this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/sports-attorney-advice-120211.shtml

A sports attorney suggests a plan of action for the Knicks in free agency that involves trading Carmelo Anthony or Amar'e Stoudemire.

Absolutely worth reading! Very interesting stuff.

What do you think of any/all aspects of this?

I'd trade Amare for Dwight instead.