PDA

View Full Version : Did Melo screw the Knicks up bad or he did the right thing?

Gundress
12-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Why couldn't he wait when he becomes a free agent so he can sign to NY Knicks?

Imagine if Melo has the patience and signs Knicks with a bunch of talents or use the the trade value to get Paul or Deron?

Honestly, Melo screwed the Knicks up really bad.

So the Knicks wouldn't give up with this Wilson Chandler​, Raymond Felton​, Danilo Gallinari​, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.

I always disliked that trade and thought he could have waited til off-season.

BankShot
12-03-2011, 01:17 AM
I agree the Knicks jumped the gun when they could have had him without giving up all those assets

Gundress
12-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I agree the Knicks jumped the gun when they could have had him without giving up all those assets

Exactly.

To be honest, I like the Knicks before the traded but now the Knicks looks f*cking joke:facepalm

longtime lurker
12-03-2011, 01:19 AM
No Melo did the right thing for himself with the uncertainty of the CBA. Let's get facts straight, Melo wasn't the one negotiating the trade with Denver. So blaming him for how much the Knicks gave up is retarded.

bluechox2
12-03-2011, 01:20 AM
blame dolan if anything

BankShot
12-03-2011, 01:23 AM
No Melo did the right thing for himself with the uncertainty of the CBA. Let's get facts straight, Melo wasn't the one negotiating the trade with Denver. So blaming him for how much the Knicks gave up is retarded.

Nobody's blaming Melo, and no one is questioning why he wanted to go to NY... so settle down. :rolleyes:

We are, however, stating that the Knicks could have signed him in the offseason for most likely less than his pre-trade extension... since it really was the only place he wanted to play. We are also saying that the Knicks then could have kept some attractive assets to make another deal.

Don't take it personally.

bluechox2
12-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Nobody's blaming Melo, and no one is questioning why he wanted to go to NY... so settle down. :rolleyes:

We are, however, stating that the Knicks could have signed him in the offseason for most likely less than his pre-trade extension... since it really was the only place he wanted to play. We are also saying that the Knicks then could have kept some attractive assets to make another deal.

so we should of been signing him next week:banana:

Gundress
12-03-2011, 01:25 AM

You're right but more likely blame on the Knicks for accepting retarded deal and even I still blame on Melo cause he said he wants "TRADE" and want to play for New York Knicks and he had been running his damn mouth and putting Nuggets and Knicks in paranoid mode.

ballsohard247
12-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Like said above, Melo isn't to blame, but the Knicks shot themselves in the foot by not being patient.

bluechox2
12-03-2011, 01:27 AM
You're right but more likely blame on the Knicks for accepting retarded deal and even I still blame on Melo cause he said he wants "TRADE" and want to play for New York Knicks and he had been running his damn mouth and putting Nuggets and Knicks in paranoid mode.

that was one thing that annoyed me

if melo ws signing with us next week, we would of landed chris paul next week also w/ gallinari/felton/fields and 2 first

or we would of had deron for cheaper already and be making play for dwight

longtime lurker
12-03-2011, 01:30 AM

I am nice and settled but when the title reads: Did Melo screw the Knicks up bad or he did the right thing? what does that sound like to you? Knicks could have waited, but why take the chance? I think they could have kept some assets in the Denver deal(mainly Anthony Randolph and Felton) but they did what they had to do.

eliteballer
12-03-2011, 01:33 AM
As if splitting those guys into two trades for Paul and Melo would net you either of them

longtime lurker
12-03-2011, 01:33 AM

Again Melo said he wanted a trade, but the Knicks were the ones negotiating. They could have not traded him at all and attempted to sign him in free agency, but they could have risked losing him to another team. Those are the risks you take. And to be fair there's no way in hell they could know that Chris Paul would request a trade there.

Nickel06
12-03-2011, 09:33 AM
blame dolan if anything

THIS F*****G ALL THE WAY!!!! Yea Melo didnt help things by screaming bout wantin his dough, but then it gets compounded by his royal scumbag, by jumpin in and "personally handling the negotiations now"F you Dolan, who the F*** you think you are, Jerry FRICKING West???? What the F*** makes you think you know a GDamn thing bout basketball outsida writin checks. Yes having Melo is nice, but remember as GM you have to think bout this move for this year, AND the next 5!!!! Donnie came here, worked his ass off cleaning this disaster up and making the job doable, and in 5 minutes that goes BOOM!!! Sorry, rant!! Look anybody would love to have Dolan, BUT ONLY the side of him that wants his team to do well, and spends anything for that. But not the meddling BS side, where "OOOOH i know basketball" BULL, im pretty sure the board knows more basketball than youve forgotten jimmy. So yea Melo didnt help, but as usual, suspect NO. 1 is our "beloved" owner, AS USUAL!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :facepalm :facepalm

knicksman
12-03-2011, 09:35 AM
who cares as long as it proves that melo is not a frontrunner who wants to have the best teammates possible. He wants to win a fair way.

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 09:43 AM
What exactly did Melo do to the Knicks to screw them? Accept the trade? He didn't force them to deal for him. He simply let Denver know what he wanted. Denver then made NJ and NY engage in a bidding war so that they didn't screw themselves with the trade. If NY didn't like it they could have just stayed out of it.

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 09:49 AM
who cares as long as it proves that melo is not a frontrunner who wants to have the best teammates possible. He wants to win a fair way.
If NY can't keep STAT is Melo still going there? There is no "fair" involved in any of this, if such things were fair Denver wouldn't have to trade Melo to begin with because he'd be happy in a "small" market (Denver isn't truly a small city but whatever, it's subjective). Melo wants to play with STAT and Chris Paul, he definitely wants the best teammates he can get. NY had to trade major assets not out of any sense of fairness on Anthony's part but because Melo wanted to get paid as much $ as possible.

2LeTTeRS
12-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Whats the point of this thread? None of the players the Knicks traded for Melo would have been kept around long-term after the deal anyway. Seeing that they wanted to surround Melo and Amare with a star big man or point guard; Felton, Chandler, and Galinari would have all been let sign elsewhere to conserve cap space. The other player they traded (Mozgov) is young but as of now is simply not a quality NBA player, he would have just eaten up much needed cap-space that the Knicks could have used to finish building their team after signing one of those stars.

Stop with the revisionist history.

swi7ch
12-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Just goes to show how dumb these general managers and owners are. All that money can't buy you common sense.

Two things:

1) It's not like Melo will sign with another team if they didn't trade for him.
2) It's not llike they're going to win the championship once Melo joins them.

Walker
12-03-2011, 10:46 AM
This is pretty stupid. We all know Melo wanted to go to NY yes. We also know NY wanted him.
HOWEVER there were other teams willing to make a trade for him and hope he'd stick around. NJ and Houston for sure, I also remeber Dallas in the discussion for some reason and I'm sure there were other teams considering it.
NY were desperate to get him, especially after not landing James. They simple did what was required to make it happen, to make sure it happened.

Why leave it up to chance?

bagelred
12-03-2011, 10:52 AM
What exactly did Melo do to the Knicks to screw them? Accept the trade? He didn't force them to deal for him. He simply let Denver know what he wanted. Denver then made NJ and NY engage in a bidding war so that they didn't screw themselves with the trade. If NY didn't like it they could have just stayed out of it.

All Melo had to say was to Denver was "I'm going to the Knicks either way, whether you trade me or free agency. I won't sign an extension anywhere else." Then the Knicks could have kept some assets because Denver would have had no leverage and forced to accept whatever Knicks give them. Instead, Melo let it be known that the extension was more important to him and used Nets as leverage to get traded now, thus screwing over his new team.

Someone had to blink....Nuggets, Melo, or Knicks. The Knicks blinked. They gave up about 40% more than they needed to. Could have kept Mozgov at the very least and possibly Chandler as well.

Meanwhile, we gave up Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, Randolph (remember?), a first rounder, second rounders, taking on Balkman.......what a disaster. Donnie Walsh would have never made that trade, that was all Isiah/Dolan.

IGOTGAME
12-03-2011, 11:05 AM
All Melo had to say was to Denver was "I'm going to the Knicks either way, whether you trade me or free agency. I won't sign an extension anywhere else." Then the Knicks could have kept some assets because Denver would have had no leverage and forced to accept whatever Knicks give them. Instead, Melo let it be known that the extension was more important to him and used Nets as leverage to get traded now, thus screwing over his new team.

Someone had to blink....Nuggets, Melo, or Knicks. The Knicks blinked. They gave up about 40% more than they needed to. Could have kept Mozgov at the very least and possibly Chandler as well.

Meanwhile, we gave up Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, Randolph (remember?), a first rounder, second rounders, taking on Balkman.......what a disaster. Donnie Walsh would have never made that trade, that was all Isiah/Dolan.

Knicks fans are talking about possibly trading Amare now and even Melo. F that shit, when this stuff was going down Melo's only responsibility was to get the best deal for himself. what happens when he accepts less and gets traded.....Melo is the one hurtin.

Knicks have enough money to play some luxury if they really want to...they had the opportunity to wait until free agency...there ablity/inability to get CP3 or Howard should have nothing to do with the actions of Carmelo Anthony.

HurricaneKid
12-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Except it was the exact opposite. Rather than be on a team with pieces around him Melo decided that the bigger pre-CBA deal was more important to him.

With the labor uncertainty out there he needed to sign an extension before the CBA expired or he would have had to take less. But yes, if he was committed to the Knicks he wouldn't have come out and say he might sign an extension with the Nets, etc. That is the leverage Den needed to milk the NYK for everyone. I mean it was supposed to be Chandler OR Felton plus Fields.

If anyone else had traded for them, fine. Then he goes to NYC at the end of the year. But he wanted the extra $$$. Say what you will about LBJ, Wade, and Bosh. Wade took less than he could have gotten to make it happen and he didn't gut the team to get his.

IGOTGAME
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Except it was the exact opposite. Rather than be on a team with pieces around him Melo decided that the bigger pre-CBA deal was more important to him.

With the labor uncertainty out there he needed to sign an extension before the CBA expired or he would have had to take less. But yes, if he was committed to the Knicks he wouldn't have come out and say he might sign an extension with the Nets, etc. That is the leverage Den needed to milk the NYK for everyone. I mean it was supposed to be Chandler OR Felton plus Fields.

If anyone else had traded for them, fine. Then he goes to NYC at the end of the year. But he wanted the extra $$$. Say what you will about LBJ, Wade, and Bosh. Wade took less than he could have gotten to make it happen and he didn't gut the team to get his.

we will see how much Bosh likes it when he gets traded. Plus, with the tax situation in Miami the reduction in salary doesn't hurt as much(iirc)

Players sacrificing millions for billionaires imo is stupid. This is a business, get your money and play as hard as you can. Let management deal with putting the team together.

HurricaneKid
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM
there ablity/inability to get CP3 or Howard should have nothing to do with the actions of Carmelo Anthony.

Except this is patently false. CP3 wants to come to the NYK. But there is literally NOTHING the Knicks can give for him. NOTHING. Because they gave it all away to bring Melo in. If Melo cared as much about Knicks as he did about his bank account he wouldn't have given their negotiating partner extra leverage. Then they would have something to put together for CP3.

Blue&Orange
12-03-2011, 11:12 AM

+1

IGOTGAME
12-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Except this is patently false. CP3 wants to come to the NYK. But there is literally NOTHING the Knicks can give for him. NOTHING. Because they gave it all away to bring Melo in. If Melo cared as much about Knicks as he did about his bank account he wouldn't have given their negotiating partner extra leverage. Then they would have something to put together for CP3.

actually it is not. emphasis on my use of the word "should."

that isn't Melo's fault. Melo is a commodity and acted in his best interest. That should be expected. Why would you fault someone for doing what is customary?

Why would Melo care about the Knicks as much as his bank account? sounds childish...Knicks can trade Melo at any time, why give up money when there is no guarantee you are even gonna stay there(or they get CP3 or Howard). Plus we are dealing with billionaire owners, they can afford the luxury tax about as much as melo can afford the paycut. Why should he be the one taking the hit.

HurricaneKid
12-03-2011, 11:14 AM
we will see how much Bosh likes it when he gets traded. Plus, with the tax situation in Miami the reduction in salary doesn't hurt as much(iirc)

Players sacrificing millions for billionaires imo is stupid. This is a business, get your money and play as hard as you can. Let management deal with putting the team together.

I would much rather they trade Bosh. Imagine Wade and LBJ on the wings and Howard down low. No one would score against them and it wouldn't even matter if they were any good offensively. We'll see though.

It wasn't a tax thing. It was maneuvering around the cap to be able to sign Miller and Haslem. Bosh will make more than DWade for the next 4 years.

Its not sacrificing millions for billionaires. I am the biggest players advocate on the board. It is making sure your team has the pieces to compete, whether that is on the floor or in a trade package. He scared NY into giving up their whole team for him as he was about to go there. Thats plain selfish any way you slice it.

ALBballer
12-03-2011, 12:16 PM

This. I don't agree with the bold because I can't blame Melo for looking after his own interests. No one knew what the new terms of the CBA were and Melo wanted as much money as possible.

But I do lame the Knicks for depleting their team to a team that had absolutely no leverage. If the Knicks had some of the pieces like Gallo, Felton, 1st rounders etc, they would be in the running for a player like Dwight Howard or CP3.

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Anthony had no responsibility to the Knicks to say something like that to Denver. And if he insisted on them taking a bad deal from whoever they sent him to Denver could well have said "we're not screwing ourselves to accommodate you, we'll just take the cap space, hope you tear your ACL." And then just find a team willing to rent him for a half-season that will give them someone worthwhile in return.

bagelred
12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Knicks fans are talking about possibly trading Amare now and even Melo. F that shit, when this stuff was going down Melo's only responsibility was to get the best deal for himself. what happens when he accepts less and gets traded.....Melo is the one hurtin.

I'm not saying what Melo did was wrong, I'm just telling you how it went down.

And do you really believe Melo or Amare will be traded? The chances of that are close to zero.

hawkfan
12-03-2011, 12:27 PM
The Knicks got Chauncey Billups, the first real point guard in a long, long time. Better than Felton.

Chandler would have left at the end of the season regardless - money. Mozgov - how good will he be? Who knows.

Lost Gallinari - bad. Lost draft picks - bad.

So the question is Gallinari and picks or Chauncey Billups for at least 2 seasons? Short term, Chauncey is better. Long term Gallinari is better.

HurricaneKid
12-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Anthony had no responsibility to the Knicks to say something like that to Denver. And if he insisted on them taking a bad deal from whoever they sent him to Denver could well have said "we're not screwing ourselves to accommodate you, we'll just take the cap space, hope you tear your ACL." And then just find a team willing to rent him for a half-season that will give them someone worthwhile in return.

Very true. But then he would have gone to the Knicks in the offseason and they would have a MUCH stronger team with a lot of assets to trade for Paul. The only difference is that he wanted to go there LAST YEAR so he could sign a bigger deal (everyone saw the writing on the wall 5+ YEARS ago which is why Wade, LBJ, etc all signed shorter deals to be FAs before the CBA expired. And he gave leverage to Den that cost NYK considerable assets to insure it happened.

HurricaneKid
12-03-2011, 12:45 PM
The Knicks got Chauncey Billups, the first real point guard in a long, long time. Better than Felton.

Chandler would have left at the end of the season regardless - money. Mozgov - how good will he be? Who knows.

Lost Gallinari - bad. Lost draft picks - bad.

So the question is Gallinari and picks or Chauncey Billups for at least 2 seasons? Short term, Chauncey is better. Long term Gallinari is better.

They are paying Chauncey >14M this year. Thats crazy money. I don't know if expiring deals are going to be nearly as coveted in the new CBA and that seems like a lot to me.

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Very true. But then he would have gone to the Knicks in the offseason and they would have a MUCH stronger team with a lot of assets to trade for Paul. The only difference is that he wanted to go there LAST YEAR so he could sign a bigger deal (everyone saw the writing on the wall 5+ YEARS ago which is why Wade, LBJ, etc all signed shorter deals to be FAs before the CBA expired. And he gave leverage to Den that cost NYK considerable assets to insure it happened.
Well, if NY really thought they could get him no matter what they should have waited. They chose not to. That's on them, not him. They'd have had to renounce a lot of the guys they traded to max him anyhow.

christian1923
12-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Whats the difference? they would have had to trade all those pieces for chris paul regardless.. now he has to wait till free angency, i dont see how melo should take any blame

Tlova
12-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Blame the knicks GM for the kneejerk. Everyone n there momma knew that melo was coming to NYC sooner or later.

MeLO MvP 15
12-03-2011, 04:17 PM
The truth is that we could look back and say, "oh he would've only lost $5 million if he signed as FA..." but you have to remember he would've been opting out into a lockout and no one knew how long it would last and how much the system would change. Hindsight is everything.

Not to mention for NY there was always the chance that Melo would've been scared into signing the extension with New Jersey (doubtful) or Denver if it got to the deadline.

Side note: This is why the Chris Paul situation is pretty different, Paul has more leverage than Melo meaning NY has more and New Orleans has less because New Orleans doesn't have the lockout to scare Paul into signing an extension.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-03-2011, 04:19 PM
maybe jersey was close to a deal for him (hey, they didn't mind getting a rental player) and the knicks didnt wanna take the chance?

longtime lurker
12-03-2011, 04:55 PM
maybe jersey was close to a deal for him (hey, they didn't mind getting a rental player) and the knicks didnt wanna take the chance?

Exactly. Denver could have traded him to the Nets, Utah trades Deron Williams to the Knicks and it's Anthony having to take a pay cut this season instead of Chris Paul. Too many unknown variables, I applaud the Knicks for taking a gamble, we still don't know how this might turn out.

knicksman
12-03-2011, 05:27 PM
If NY can't keep STAT is Melo still going there? There is no "fair" involved in any of this, if such things were fair Denver wouldn't have to trade Melo to begin with because he'd be happy in a "small" market (Denver isn't truly a small city but whatever, it's subjective). Melo wants to play with STAT and Chris Paul, he definitely wants the best teammates he can get. NY had to trade major assets not out of any sense of fairness on Anthony's part but because Melo wanted to get paid as much $ as possible.

melo already knew where hes going. So that means that denver and melo already agreed that he would be traded to new york as long as melo does what hes told to. And yeah I agree that he wants to play with amare but he also wants to be fair to his former team. He wants to get them a good return and win in this league in a fair way.

knicksman
12-03-2011, 05:35 PM

melo was already assured that hes being traded to the knicks. Melo and denver FO already talked about it as long as melo cooperates.

And who cares about pieces around him. Thats why l like him because he has the confidence that he can win without those pieces unlike lebron who wouldnt want to join new york because another top 3 player in wade is not enough. He wants bosh too and a non gutted team. LOL Talk about the weakest minded player. And it shows in the finals how he has no confidence really in his self.

And in fact he didnt take a paycut. And its one way of saying fcuk u to cp3. Coz he really doesnt need him. He doesnt want leeches like cp3 and these other overrated pgs leeching on them and taking all the credits.

Burgz
12-03-2011, 06:00 PM
knicks jumped the gun but they knew there was a lockout and that it would be impossible under the new circumstances of the CBA to keep chandler, gallinari and sign melo at the same time.

until recently we didnt know if the extend and trade would be included and without it melo may have gone to a team that couldve paid him max while maintaining their core (bulls, clippers etc.)

but really hindsight is 20/20 and realistically he was always gonna end up in a knicks uniform so it's hard to say

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Blame the knicks GM for the kneejerk. Everyone n there momma knew that melo was coming to NYC sooner or later.

They didn't *know* he was coming. They knew he wished to. Like every composer wants to score a Nolan movie. Thing is, you don't accept anyone. NYK is not a club or a pride of a town, it's a gym. And you can just force yourself in if your gangsta enough. Force yourself in with yo baby fat, is what i'm sayin.

Eric Cartman
12-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Quick question: can u renegotiate ur contract to take less money like they do in the NFL sometimes?

Kevin_Gamble
12-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Quick question: can u renegotiate ur contract to take less money like they do in the NFL sometimes?

Players do that in the NFL not because they are saints who want to help their teams, but because contracts are literally not worth the paper they are written on, at least for the players, and because NFL has signing bonuses. When they restructure their contracts, it's usually to shift money from salary to signing bonus to make the cap figures work.

Faberg
12-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Why are people still discussing this?! :facepalm

Knicks did the right thing. Melo said himself he would've went to the Brooklyn Nets. People act like we don't have cap space and we're handicapped to improve the roster. :oldlol:

Burgz
12-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Players do that in the NFL not because they are saints who want to help their teams, but because contracts are literally not worth the paper they are written on, at least for the players, and because NFL has signing bonuses. When they restructure their contracts, it's usually to shift money from salary to signing bonus to make the cap figures work.

NBA does that too apparently

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Smith_(basketball)

Gundress
12-23-2011, 09:32 PM
With the new Knicks team and I think this team is worst than old team.

I don't see Melo and Amare have that chemistry. Do you know what both of them need is.....a true PG.

Steve Nash helped Amare a lot

Billups helped Melo a lot when he was on the Nuggets, not Iverson.

I hate people treat Billups wrong way...he's a true PG.

So what NEW York got?
.....NO F*CKING LEGIT PG MFER

GOBB
12-23-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm not one to believe Melo would have been a NYK regardless. As the NYK you cant take that gamble and lose out. Then what do you turn too? having to overpay someone else and get criticized? We could be saying why didnt the NYK trade for Melo and let him be available for other teams to go after. We could be saying how Melo went to the NJN because he wanted to keep that extension under the old CBA. And how NYK f*cked up. Trying to predict the future isnt easy yet fans can type it up that way.

Gundress
12-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm not one to believe Melo would have been a NYK regardless. As the NYK you cant take that gamble and lose out. Then what do you turn too? having to overpay someone else and get criticized? We could be saying why didnt the NYK trade for Melo and let him be available for other teams to go after. We could be saying how Melo went to the NJN because he wanted to keep that extension under the old CBA. And how NYK f*cked up. Trying to predict the future isnt easy yet fans can type it up that way.

Man...these players are f*cking greedy man and they acting like $70 millions ain't shit. $5 Million is still f*cking rich.

I still think the Knicks should def wait....even the impending lockout Melo
know that the KNicks would pay him a sizable amount. More importantly is The Knicks Chemistry when they was have a solid TEAM and I believe Melo would make the KNicks potentially be a very serious title conteder as an addition without the loss of players like the Knicks gave up too many good players......that was very stupid move on both of them. If Melo want a ring so he wouldn't do this but he clearly care about $$$.....Now the Knicks AIN"T SHIT. They can't beat the Heat, they can't beat the Bulls, they can't beat the Celtic til they retired and even they can't beat Thunder, Grizzlies, Lakers, Spurs, Clippers.....like I said I blame on Melo and even the dumb asss GM

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Wouldn't Melo have lost something like $20 million dollars by doing that? I don't think he regrets a damn thing.

knicksman
12-23-2011, 11:29 PM
because of melo, we got chandler, and davis. Chandler even took a paycut to join us the same with davis. So Ill take this lineup over the pre melo one. Only idiots would not take melo because they dont know how to build a team. Once you get the stars, role players will follow.

Gundress
12-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Look back again so am I right or wrong?

Clutch
12-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Ask me that in about 6 months (or even sooner).

LJJ
12-30-2011, 11:11 AM
because of melo, we got chandler, and davis. Chandler even took a paycut to join us the same with davis. So Ill take this lineup over the pre melo one. Only idiots would not take melo because they dont know how to build a team. Once you get the stars, role players will follow.

:roll:

Sarcastic
12-30-2011, 11:19 AM

Still wrong MFER.

Donnie Walsh was wrong to hire D'Antoni when he had the chance to get Mark Jackson 3 years ago.

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Man...these players are f*cking greedy man and they acting like $70 millions ain't shit. $5 Million is still f*cking rich.

I still think the Knicks should def wait....even the impending lockout Melo
know that the KNicks would pay him a sizable amount. More importantly is The Knicks Chemistry when they was have a solid TEAM and I believe Melo would make the KNicks potentially be a very serious title conteder as an addition without the loss of players like the Knicks gave up too many good players......that was very stupid move on both of them. If Melo want a ring so he wouldn't do this but he clearly care about $$$.....Now the Knicks AIN"T SHIT. They can't beat the Heat, they can't beat the Bulls, they can't beat the Celtic til they retired and even they can't beat Thunder, Grizzlies, Lakers, Spurs, Clippers.....like I said I blame on Melo and even the dumb asss GM
Why don't you go up to your boss with a calculation of what it would cost for you to pay your rent, eat Dentimore and turn the lights on so that they can adjust your pay scale accordingly? I mean, that's all you need right? What, are you to greedy? It'd be for the good of the business.

Not to mention they couldn't have kept all the guys they traded and still had he cap space to sign Melo...oh wait, nevermind, he's greedy. He should have just signed for the MLE, right? Yeah, NY should get Melo, Chris Paul, and let's just toss in Dwight Howard as well, all for the MLE. or the vet min for at least one, nopt sure but I think the new CBA wouldn't let them give out all of those MLEs. So, don't be greedy superstars, sign on for the Kicks for a few hundred thou a year because, you know, it's what the Knicks deserve and what the Knick fans deserve, and plus you get to be a Knick, and that's all that matters in life.

HurricaneKid
12-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Still wrong MFER.

Donnie Walsh was wrong to hire D'Antoni when he had the chance to get Mark Jackson 3 years ago.

You think Mark Jackson is a great NBA coach?

Sarcastic
12-30-2011, 12:25 PM
You think Mark Jackson is a great NBA coach?

Anything is better than D'Antoni.

Clutch
12-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Anything is better than D'Antoni.
Someone gets it :cheers: