PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul Open to Trade to Magic, Clippers

DevilsAssassin
12-03-2011, 10:06 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216983/Paul_Open_To_Trade_To_Magic_Clippers

While Chris Paul's first choice may be the Knicks, sources say he is also open to being traded to the Magic and Clippers.

Paul can opt out of his contract after the coming season to become a free agent and the Hornets are considering trading him to help in their rebuilding process.

NugzFan
12-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Sources. It's always "sources"

airchibundo507
12-03-2011, 10:08 PM
if Paul doesn't explicitly state that he will extend his contract with any team he is supposedly open to being traded to, then it's not newsworthy

InspiredLebowski
12-03-2011, 10:10 PM
What's either got to realistically offer? Magic have dick. Clippers have their own picks and Minnesota's, but just flatout picks wouldn't be enough. Kaman's expirer + Aminu + all the picks on earth for Paul + Okafor('s contract)? Meh...

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 10:11 PM
No player is going to completely alienate his current fan base by saying in front of a camera that he wants a new team without assurance that he's got a new home soon. But on the flipside there's always plenty of bull out there in trade rumorville.

airchibundo507

the media is trying to string NBA fans along with conjecture like they did with the Melo drama. this is the type of news that would make Clippersfan go bonkers and make another thread. I honestly don't give a f*ck what the media says until they officially declare a trade

DevilsAssassin
What's either got to realistically offer? Magic have dick. Clippers have their own picks and Minnesota's, but just flatout picks wouldn't be enough. Kaman's expirer + Aminu + all the picks on earth for Paul + Okafor('s contract)? Meh...

Eric Gordon + Chris Kaman + Minnesota Timberwolves 1st round pick sounds like a fair deal.

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 10:13 PM
What's either got to realistically offer? Magic have dick. Clippers have their own picks and Minnesota's, but just flatout picks wouldn't be enough. Kaman's expirer + Aminu + all the picks on earth for Paul + Okafor('s contract)? Meh...If the Clips are willing to base the deal on Gordon and Jordan the Hornets should take it.

Rose
12-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I'd trade Ej with the Picks. CP3 is worth that if you think he'll agree on an extension.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:17 PM
:banana:

GatorKid117
12-03-2011, 10:17 PM
I feel the only way Howard stays is if Otis somehow manages to pull a Paul trade out of his ass.

Clippers though by far have the best package. They would have to take themselves out of the running for Orlando to have a chance. Maybe the Clippers being in the West would help that out though. I would say the Knicks have the worst package out of the 3 teams.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Rekindled
12-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Eric Gordon + Chris Kaman + Minnesota Timberwolves 1st round pick sounds like a fair deal.

way way too much. either Gordon or the minny pick(likely top 3 pick in a stacked draft) , not both

Dasher
12-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't think The Hornets are in a position to drive a hard bargain with anyone. They don't even have an owner, and have no leverage. I think they will get picks and a couple of high risk/high reward prospects, like say an Al Farooq Aminu.

Kevin_Gamble
12-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I guess Gilbert Arenas will be a Hornet this year.

InspiredLebowski
12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Since I gotta get EJ to Indy somehow...

Gordon + Okafor to Indy, Paul to LAC, Hibbert + Collison + Kaman + Indy 2012 1st + Sota 2012 1st

Hey, it could happen.

DevilsAssassin
12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
way way too much. either Gordon or the minny pick(likely top 3 pick in a stacked draft) , not both

Minnesota won't be that bad.

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I guess Gilbert Arenas will be a Hornet this year.
Why would NO do that to themselves? They'd be better off letting Paul walk next offseason.

Dasher
12-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Minnesota won't be that bad.
Which teams in The West will they jump ahead to avoid lottery status?

DevilsAssassin
12-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Which teams in The West will they jump ahead to avoid lottery status?

Utah, Hornets, Suns, Warriors, Denver :confusedshrug:

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Utah, Hornets, Suns, Warriors, Denver :confusedshrug:

:eek:. Jazz won 39 games and have a ton of young talent like Wolves. Warriors should also improve and won double what Wolves won last year. Only Denver, Hornets, Suns and Rockets will drop.. but I think Wolves will get 25 wins.. which is an 8 game improvement. Huge but not enough to get out of bottom 5 teams.

Carbine
12-03-2011, 10:36 PM
If Paul wants to win, why on earth would he want to go to a team like the Clippers with no history of great management, not a good coach in place, a secondary team in the city...and oh yeah, basically him and Blake and not a whole lot else - no high picks, terrible rotation of big men, no shooting guard, etc....

If he wants to win, he has to go to the Knicks or go to Boston.

DevilsAssassin
12-03-2011, 10:37 PM
:eek:. Jazz won 39 games and have a ton of young talent like Wolves. Warriors should also improve and won double what Wolves won last year. Only Denver, Hornets, Suns and Rockets will drop.. but I think Wolves will get 25 wins.. which is an 8 game improvement. Huge but not enough to get out of bottom 5 teams.

:lol 8 wins?

Am I the only one on this site that thinks the Wolves can at least win 30 games this season?

Jazz are good, but there have been many reports that they are trading Al and Millisap to focus on developing Favors and Enes Kanter so of course their Wins will drop this season.

I don't even know why I added the Warriors :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
If Paul wants to win, why on earth would he want to go to a team like the Clippers with no history of great management, not a good coach in place, a secondary team in the city...and oh yeah, basically him and Blake and not a whole lot else - no high picks, terrible rotation of big men, no shooting guard, etc....

Blake Griffin. And now you know.

InspiredLebowski

Am I the only one on this site that thinks the Wolves can at least win 30 games this season?

Jazz are good, but there have been many reports that they are trading Al and Millisap to focus on developing Favors and Enes Kanter so of course their Wins will drop this season.

I don't even know why I added the Warriors :facepalm30 wins in a 66 game season?

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:38 PM

Haha... Clippers have a top 3 bigman rotation next to Mavs and Lakers. Explain why it's a terrible big man rotation? Griffin/Craig Smith... Kaman/DJ. Tell me which others are better? You're talking about the 2nd best team in the NBA at scoring in the paint.

DevilsAssassin
12-03-2011, 10:38 PM
30 wins in a 66 game season?

:facepalm

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:39 PM

I don't even know why I added the Warriors :facepalm

66 game season dude. 25 wins is a very good percentage of a leap considering they won 17 of 82 last year. You're basically saying they won't be far from a .500 team when they just won 17 games and were the worst team in the NBA. Somehow the Cavs finished better than them despite 26 straight losses which is REALLY bad/sad.

yobore
12-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Blake Griffin. And now you know.
And DJ. Can't stress enough how awesome a DJ/Paul combo would be even when Griffin is sitting.

DevilsAssassin
12-03-2011, 10:42 PM
66 game season dude. 25 wins is a very good percentage of a leap considering they won 17 of 82 last year.

Yeah I totally forgot this was only a 66 game season.:facepalm

But look we added new pieces, got a new coach and assuming everyone on the team is healthy I think we can surprise a lot of people this season

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 10:43 PM
And DJ. Can't stress enough how awesome a DJ/Paul combo would be even when Griffin is sitting.
IMO if CP gets traded there then the Hornets are going to force tem to give up some major assets, one of whom would be Jordan.

Carbine
12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Haha... Clippers have a top 3 bigman rotation next to Mavs and Lakers. Explain why it's a terrible big man rotation? Griffin/Craig Smith... Kaman/DJ. Tell me which others are better? You're talking about the 2nd best team in the NBA at scoring in the paint.

They'd have to give up Jordan in a trade most likely. Kaman is a free agent, plus he's just not that good anyway. Not really the type of center you need behind Blake.

And let's not get carried away with Blake. He's a fantastic finisher with incredible athletic ability, but he's not a dominant big man in the mold of past ones. He's Amare Stoudemire. He's not Tim Duncan....so I'm pretty sure going to LA because Blake is there isn't exactly a smart decision. He's not THAT type of player.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah I totally forgot this was only a 66 game season.:facepalm

But look we added new pieces, got a new coach and assuming everyone on the team is healthy I think we can surprise a lot of people this season

Takes 1-2 years though. Nobody gets a new coach and a bunch of new players and immediately turns it around haha. You're talking to a Clippers fan man! :oldlol: . Last year we had 9 new players and an entirely new coaching staff and GM. I learned hard way that it's not about talent/coaching etc. It's about experience, toughness and ability to close games out.

That's what separates these young teams like Clippers and Mavs from teams like Lakers and Mavs.

InspiredLebowski
12-03-2011, 10:45 PM
And let's not get carried away with Blake. He's a fantastic finisher with incredible athletic ability, but he's not a dominant big man in the mold of past ones. He's Amare Stoudemire. He's not Tim Duncan....so I'm pretty sure going to LA because Blake is there isn't exactly a smart decision. He's not THAT type of player.now you did it

Fiasco
Since I gotta get EJ to Indy somehow...

Gordon + Okafor to Indy, Paul to LAC, Hibbert + Collison + Kaman + Indy 2012 1st + Sota 2012 1st

Hey, it could happen.

lmao

I love this guy.

christian1923
who even coaches the clippers?

DevilsAssassin
12-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Takes 1-2 years though. Nobody gets a new coach and a bunch of new players and immediately turns it around haha. You're talking to a Clippers fan man! :oldlol: . Last year we had 9 new players and an entirely new coaching staff and GM. I learned hard way that it's not about talent/coaching etc. It's about experience, toughness and ability to close games out.

That's what separates these young teams like Clippers and Mavs from teams like Lakers and Mavs.

Yeah but you guys dealt with a lot injuries. If EJ was healty you guys probably would've won 40 games last season. Who else was injured on that team?

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 10:46 PM
They'd have to give up Jordan in a trade most likely. Kaman is a free agent, plus he's just not that good anyway. Not really the type of center you need behind Blake.

And let's not get carried away with Blake. He's a fantastic finisher with incredible athletic ability, but he's not a dominant big man in the mold of past ones. He's Amare Stoudemire. He's not Tim Duncan....so I'm pretty sure going to LA because Blake is there isn't exactly a smart decision. He's not THAT type of player.
Griffin is a lot tougher on the boards than STAT and should be a better defender with experience.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:47 PM

First off Kaman is going out in a trade. He isn't going anywhere. He's not a free agent till next year. Second of all DJ is NOT going out in a trade unless he's being replaced with Dwight Howard. He's too dominant in PNR to get rid of assuming we go after CP3. Gordon would likely go out before DJ in that situation.

As for Blake Griffin being Amare and not Duncan you're very wrong. Griffin isn't a face up player like Amare. He's a back to the basket player who was 1st in the league till March in points in the paint until Dwight surpassed him. We are talking about a freaking rookie being 2nd in dunks and 2nd in points in the paint. He is NOT anything like Amare besides their athleticism.

Fatal9
12-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Clippers don't need to give up Gordon to get him imo...

The Minny pick + Jordan and one of Aminu/Bledsoe should be enough to entince New Orleans. As far as rebuilding is concerned (which should be their priority right now), they are not getting a better offer from teams that CP3 wants to go to. I don't how a team that already had trouble drawing fans with CP3 is going to last through a rebuild though...

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah but you guys dealt with a lot injuries. If EJ was healty you guys probably would've won 40 games last season. Who else was injured on that team?

Sorry meant Clippers and Wolves, not Clippers and Mavs. Foye missed like 15, Baron missed around 15, Kaman missed 50 and EJ missed 27. Those are the big losses we had.

Carbine
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
now you did it

It's true.

If Paul is more interested in throwing highlight reel oops and waiting years until the Clippers can round out the roster with a legit supporting cast, then by all means that's a team he needs to go to.

If it's about winning though, Blake isn't the type of dude you flock to just because he's there.

christian1923
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
The clippers would have to give up ATLEAST both jordan and gordon for paul

Fiasco
12-03-2011, 10:50 PM
If it's about winning though, Blake isn't the type of dude you flock to just because he's there.

Someone tell me whether or not this guy is serious.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:51 PM
The clippers would have to give up ATLEAST both jordan and gordon for paul

:facepalm . Wrong. We aren't giving Minny pick+Gordon+DJ+Other young pieces. We would be giving up the farm when no other team can give what we can WITHOUT DJ or Gordon.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Someone tell me whether or not this guy is serious.

LOL! Espn just did an article rating Griffin as second after Rose... about how big of a draw they are going forward to free agents and players demanding trades. Basically everybody wants to play with Griffin.

Fatal9
12-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Hornets are the one who NEED to make a deal before the deadline, the other franchises will live with or without it. There is no reason for Clippers to go overboard and ship Gordon out.

DevilsAssassin
12-03-2011, 10:53 PM
:facepalm . Wrong. We aren't giving Minny pick+Gordon+DJ+Other young pieces. We would be giving up the farm when no other team can give what we can WITHOUT DJ or Gordon.

The Best deal IMO is

Eric Gordon + Kaman + The Chief + Minnesota Timberwolves 1st round pick

for

Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 10:55 PM
The Best deal IMO is

Eric Gordon + Kaman + The Chief + Minnesota Timberwolves 1st round pick

for

Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza

That would be a bit much considering the fact that nobody else will come close to challenging that offer. Why pay more than you have to? I'd say that's fair in general but maybe swap Mo Williams for Kaman.. so that we can still use Kaman to trade for another solid piece like Iggy to put at SG/SF etc.

CP3
Iggy
Ariza
Griffin
DJ

:eek:

christian1923
12-03-2011, 10:57 PM

LOL so what offer do u think the hornets would take?

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 10:58 PM
A few Knick fans thought their team could get Melo with similar ease. They were wrong. Paul will want to maximize his $, which can only be done if he's traded, and NO will talk to other teams to create a bidding war and thus up the price. They may be able to keep one of the three primary assets (Gordon, Jordan, Minnie's pick) but no matter what they're going to have to include a number of valuable players.

HylianNightmare
12-03-2011, 10:59 PM
yessssssss lets get him and emeka or ariza, anything they need us to take back

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 11:00 PM
A few Knick fans thought their team could get Melo with similar ease. They were wrong. Paul will want to maximize his $, which can only be done if he's traded, and NO will talk to other teams to create a bidding war and thus up the price. They may be able to keep one of the three primary assets (Gordon, Jordan, Minnie's pick) but no matter what they're going to have to include a number of valuable players.

Which is why Mo Williams+Gordon+Minny pick+Aminu is fair. Gives them a starting PG, Budding star SG, Incredibly valuable draft pick in 2012 deep draft AND another player who may become a good player in Aminu.

Very fair deal. Keep Kaman so we can trade for Iggy/Prince. I'm not saying rip them off. Just saying that Gordon+DJ+Minny is WAY too valuable. DJ is a legit, blossoming defensive anchor who just turned 23 and is about to get extended. Gordon is a future perennial all star.. and Minny pick will likely net them a really good rookie.

Kevin_Gamble
12-03-2011, 11:02 PM
That would be a bit much considering the fact that nobody else will come close to challenging that offer. Why pay more than you have to? I'd say that's fair in general but maybe swap Mo Williams for Kaman.. so that we can still use Kaman to trade for another solid piece like Iggy to put at SG/SF etc.

CP3
Iggy
Ariza
Griffin
DJ

:eek:

NO can always choose not to trade Paul. There's no law says they have to offer him to the highest bidder. And then once off-season comes and CP3's deciding between offers, he will remember that LAC did not think he was worth giving up Kaman for.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 11:03 PM
NO can always choose not to trade Paul. There's no law says they have to offer him to the highest bidder. And then once off-season comes and CP3's deciding between offers, he will remember that LAC did not think he was worth giving up Kaman for.

I'm just saying my personal preference. Obviously the Clippers would be stupid to nitpick Kaman vs Mo Williams when it comes to getting CP3. Was just saying what they should at least try.

Carbine
12-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Bottom line is this:

Their going to have to gut their assets in order to get Paul, and be in a similar situation as the Knicks were last year with Amare/Melo....two great player with not enough to surround them to make a legit run.

Clippers will then have to wait to use their MLE and convince FA's to play there and round out their roster year by year until 2-3 years later where then they can be contenders if they play their cards right.

The alternative is going to NYK and contending immediately and only getting stronger and stronger through FA with the exceptions they can use, plus people will want to play their.

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Which is why Mo Williams+Gordon+Minny pick+Aminu is fair. Gives them a starting PG, Budding star SG, Incredibly valuable draft pick in 2012 deep draft AND another player who may become a good player in Aminu.

Very fair deal. Keep Kaman so we can trade for Iggy/Prince. I'm not saying rip them off. Just saying that Gordon+DJ+Minny is WAY too valuable. DJ is a legit, blossoming defensive anchor who just turned 23 and is about to get extended. Gordon is a future perennial all star.. and Minny pick will likely net them a really good rookie.
They won't be going for "fair," they'll be going for as much value as possible. Which is why, again, they will not be exclusively negotiating with LA. They will talk to anyone that will come with a competitive package. And Mo Williams is of little value to a team that will be trying to rebuild.

christian1923
12-03-2011, 11:05 PM

Keep dreamming, the more talened young players you have on your team, the more young talented players your going to have to trade away.. no way the hornets dont make sure they have ATLEAST gordon and Dj :no: wouldnt make sense

Rose
12-03-2011, 11:05 PM
In all fairness, most Knicks fan are so stupid it's adorable.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Keep dreamming, the more talened young players you have on your team, the more young talented players your going to have to trade away.. no way the hornets dont make sure they have ATLEAST gordon and Dj :no: wouldnt make sense

If Hornets demand Gordon+DJ+Minny pick.. Olshey is going to tell them to kiss his as* as he rightfully should. Even if we stand pat and trade for Iggy/Granger this team will be a contender in a couple years. Especially if Gordon+Griffin+DJ keep improving. No reason to send whole team out like NY did for Melo and get worse.

InspiredLebowski
12-03-2011, 11:08 PM
If Hornets demand Gordon+DJ+Minny pick.. Olshey is going to tell them to kiss his as* as he rightfully should. Even if we stand pat and trade for Iggy/Granger this team will be a contender in a couple years. Especially if Gordon+Griffin+DJ keep improving. No reason to send whole team out like NY did for Melo and get worse.Only way you're getting Granger is him being part of a Gordon deal. Indy has absolutely no need to shed salary.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Only way you're getting Granger is him being part of a Gordon deal. Indy has absolutely no need to shed salary.

I just meant a good SF at that tier. Someone who isn't a superstar but is a borderline all star. BTW I thought you guys had Granger on the block right now? I think Clippers should try to pry Luol Deng from Chicago too. Maybe offer Kaman+Aminu+future pick or something.

InspiredLebowski
12-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I just meant a good SF at that tier. Someone who isn't a superstar but is a borderline all star. BTW I thought you guys had Granger on the block right now?Everyone's always on the block for the right price. Doesn't mean they want to trade anyone. Granger's been "on the block" for like 3 years. Indy's got 21 mil in cap room and a lot of solid young pieces, lotta things they can do. Name the rumor and Indy will somehow be involved in it.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Everyone's always on the block for the right price. Doesn't mean they want to trade anyone. Granger's been "on the block" for like 3 years. Indy's got 21 mil in cap room and a lot of solid young pieces, lotta things they can do. Name the rumor and Indy will somehow be involved in it.

Fair enough :cheers:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-03-2011, 11:48 PM
mutha fcuking a$$hole pus$$y just wants to get paid....and then go to contender....

byatch a$$ n!gga....thats I have supreme respect for Dirk/Nash/G hill/Duncan/KG(Minnesota one)...never were they a drama queen bunch

NBA is turning into a *** right in front of our eyes

Fiasco
12-03-2011, 11:50 PM
mutha fcuking a$$hole pus$$y just wants to get paid....and then go to contender....

byatch a$$ n!gga....thats I have supreme respect for Dirk/Nash/G hill/Duncan/KG(Minnesota one)...never were they a drama queen bunch

NBA is turning into a *** right in front of our eyes

*When Dwight Howard gets traded to the Lakers*

"OMG HOWARD YOU DID ALL YOU COULD IN ORLANDO, I'M GLAD YOU CAME TO A CONTENDER SO YOU CAN RIGHTFULLY WIN A RING GOAT CENTER, WHO IS SHAQ AGAIN? LOLOL"

Clippersfan86
12-03-2011, 11:51 PM

"OMG HOWARD YOU DID ALL YOU COULD IN ORLANDO, I'M GLAD YOU CAME TO A CONTENDER SO YOU CAN RIGHTFULLY WIN A RING GOAT CENTER, WHO IS SHAQ AGAIN? LOLOL"

:roll: :roll:

Reverend Hoops
12-03-2011, 11:51 PM
If the Clipps get him Sterling will trade him for future cash considerations.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-03-2011, 11:56 PM

I dont like that MO FO....instead of recruiting players to play with him...he is going Lebron on his city...and trying for a trade...

kurple
12-04-2011, 12:01 AM
does any team (that paul would go to) have anything better. Doubt it

longtime lurker
12-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Well the plot thickens. Orlando's pretty much screwed. That leaves the Clippers if they're willing to part with most of their assets. Look what Melo went for and look what Deron Williams went for. Thats the market price for Chris Paul

NugzFan
12-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Hornets are the one who NEED to make a deal before the deadline, the other franchises will live with or without it. There is no reason for Clippers to go overboard and ship Gordon out.

Yeah but if the clips don't trade for cp3 then they have no shot of ever getting him

BGriffin's Dad
12-04-2011, 12:57 AM

He actually is closer to Timmy than he is to Amar'e. Both Duncan and Griffin had amazing rookie seasons.

NBA Rookie Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3PT%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO, +25.62 EFF
Amar'e Stoudamire: 13.5 PPG, 47.2 FG%, 20.0 3PT%, 66.1 FT%, 8.8 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 2.30 TO, +11.50 EFF
Tim Duncan: 21.1 PPG, 54.9 FG%, 0 3PT%, 66.2 FT%, 11.9 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.7 SPG, 2.5 BPG, 3.40 TO, +18.83 EFF

The_Yearning
12-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Griffin is a lot tougher on the boards than STAT and should be a better defender with experience.

Yeah, too bad you can't teach length. Guy better learn to take q's from Elton Brand if he wants a career after he can't jump as high anymore.

BGriffin's Dad
12-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Yeah, too bad you can't teach length. Guy better learn to take q's from Elton Brand if he wants a career after he can't jump as high anymore.

Amar'e - 6' 10"
Duncan - 6' 11"
Griffin - 6' 10"

and the value of minimal differences in wingspan is overestimated

don't fret, Blake will physically dominate and bully people in the paint well into his 30s... defending forwards and centers better sharpen their flagrant foul skills like they did on Blake last season.

Carbine
12-04-2011, 01:17 AM
He actually is closer to Timmy than he is to Amar'e. Both Duncan and Griffin had amazing rookie seasons.

NBA Rookie Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3PT%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO, +25.62 EFF
Amar'e Stoudamire: 13.5 PPG, 47.2 FG%, 20.0 3PT%, 66.1 FT%, 8.8 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 2.30 TO, +11.50 EFF
Tim Duncan: 21.1 PPG, 54.9 FG%, 0 3PT%, 66.2 FT%, 11.9 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.7 SPG, 2.5 BPG, 3.40 TO, +18.83 EFF

BGriffin's Dad
12-04-2011, 01:34 AM

stats don't lie.

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 01:37 AM
stats don't lie.

Denial is hard to break for some people.

G-train
12-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Poster's are losing their mind if they think Griffins 'rookie' season compares to Duncan's.
Griffin had an amazing first season playing, clearly. Great scoring/rebounding and exciting play.

Duncan scored and rebounded as well, yet was all D 2nd team and actually deserved it. His rookie season was at least 25% better than Griffin, as he was unbelievable defensively. Griffin is a below average defender, Duncan was was on the best defenders in the league straight up.
Add to that they have completely dissimilar play styles.
smh.

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Poster's are losing their mind if they think Griffins 'rookie' season compares to Duncan's.
Griffin had an amazing first season playing, clearly. Great scoring/rebounding and exciting play.

Duncan scored and rebounded as well, yet was all D 2nd team and actually deserved it. His rookie season was at least 25% better than Griffin, as he was unbelievable defensively. Griffin is a below average defender, Duncan was was on the best defenders in the league straight up.
smh.

Not as good as Duncan but silly to compare to Amare.

G-train
12-04-2011, 01:48 AM
stats don't lie.

stats, stats, stats. 22/12 on a great team with another great centre, have much more meaning than 22/12 on a terrible team.
Add to that Duncan defensive prowess, which only shows up in his bpg, but his man D and positioning were elite.

BGriffin's Dad
12-04-2011, 01:52 AM

smh.

at least 25% better? where are you pulling that number from?

again, stats don't lie. both had comparable rookie season stats (BG > TD in some even), both won ROTY, both were all-stars, both made the all-rookie first team. Duncan did make the all-defensive second team and was arguably better on defense, but his rookie seaon was "at least 25% better" than blake's? quantify that please.

NugzFan
12-04-2011, 02:00 AM

smh.

you clearly do not realize who you are debating this with.

NugzFan
12-04-2011, 02:01 AM
btw; what does "stats dont lie" even mean?

does this mean the nba is played on paper and we should only look at stats to make conclusions?

BGriffin's Dad
12-04-2011, 02:05 AM
btw; what does "stats dont lie" even mean?

does this mean the nba is played on paper and we should only look at stats to make conclusions?

it means opinions are vulnerable to bias and manipulation, essential stats like PPG, RPG, APG, and FG% aren't.

it's not all or nothing, black or white.. when you're comparing individual performances it's a logical approach to compare stats, as well as awards and rankings. what's your alternative?

DMAVS41
12-04-2011, 02:08 AM

Picks are exactly what they want. That and for somebody to take Okafor's contract.

Hornets should do a deal that gets them as many draft picks as possible and shed Okafor's contract. That is actually a great deal. Paul is gone anyway. Might as well start sucking this year and not be average again with Paul.

That is something most teams don't comprehend I guess. The way you rebuild is by sucking ass for 2 to 3 years. Get cap room and continue to load up on young talent through the draft. Give your young players experience....and then hope to get a couple free agents with that space and build out your team.

Keeping Paul this year knowing he's gone is just idiotic. Even if you don't get great value for him....the act of getting a top 5 pick without him is actually worth a lot.

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 02:08 AM
you clearly do not realize who you are debating this with.

You could say the same to Griffin. Train is being incredibly stubborn and dic*ish about this topic. "Clippers terrible team" etc. Maybe underachievers... maybe flawed.. maybe not playoff team yet. Those are all fine but they are not a terrible team. They are an average team with very good talent that needs to get chemistry down, get some experience and get a couple more pieces.

Not to mention the Clippers played .500 ball the rest of the season after their terrible start. Again pointing to them being an average team. But of course you and Train don't like dealing in facts and evidence, just unfounded opinions.

QuebecBaller
12-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Arenas + Redick for CP3?

After Agent 0, it's time for Agent Cajun :D

Arenas
JJ
Ariza
Landry
Okafor

yobore
12-04-2011, 02:11 AM
EFF is a joke pretending to be an advanced stat, even if you hate advanced stats you have to acknowledge its worse than normal. Just so you know EFF= [(PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK) - (FGA - FGM) + (FTA - FTM) + TO] / G, so it ignores pace, minutes, counts every stat the same, etc.

Griffin's rookie season is no joke PER-wise though. He has the highest rookie PER of any current players besides Duncan and CP, and it's all within a point.

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 02:12 AM
EFF is a joke pretending to be an advanced stat, even if you hate advanced stats you have to acknowledge its worse than normal. Just so you know EFF= [(PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK) - (FGA - FGM) + (FTA - FTM) + TO] / G, so it ignores pace, minutes, counts every stat the same, etc.

Griffin's rookie season is no joke PER-wise. He has the highest rookie PER of any current players besides Duncan and CP, and it's all within a point.

Yup. Griffin's becoming underrated somehow. People act like he's all hype.

NugzFan
12-04-2011, 02:15 AM
it means opinions are vulnerable to bias and manipulation, essential stats like PPG, RPG, APG, and FG% aren't.

it's not all or nothing, black or white.. when you're comparing individual performances it's a logical approach to compare stats, as well as awards and rankings. what's your alternative?

dunno...maybe watch the games?

i guess if stats dont lie, we should just post hollinger stats all day. also close down the forum as all opinions are worthless.

NugzFan
12-04-2011, 02:19 AM
You could say the same to Griffin. Train is being incredibly stubborn and dic*ish about this topic. "Clippers terrible team" etc. Maybe underachievers... maybe flawed.. maybe not playoff team yet. Those are all fine but they are not a terrible team. They are an average team with very good talent that needs to get chemistry down, get some experience and get a couple more pieces.

Not to mention the Clippers played .500 ball the rest of the season after their terrible start. Again pointing to them being an average team. But of course you and Train don't like dealing in facts and evidence, just unfounded opinions.

let me know when you stop being the biggest homer in the world and actually want to discuss the nba objectively. :oldlol:

the "facts" that you believe in arent exactly facts for the rest of the world.

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 02:21 AM
let me know when you stop being the biggest homer in the world and actually want to discuss the nba objectively. :oldlol:

the "facts" that you believe in arent exactly facts for the rest of the world.

Way to dodge everything factual I've said in these posts and try to attack me on a personal level. Explain how the Clippers are a terrible team? Explain why the Clippers played around .500 ball for most of the season if they are terrible rather than average? You literally haven't said a single thing that can prove it otherwise. All you've done is attempt to troll Clippers fans and fail miserably with snide comments here and there. Just like Train is doing.

NugzFan
12-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Way to dodge everything factual I've said in these posts and try to attack me on a personal level. Explain how the Clippers are a terrible team? Explain why the Clippers played around .500 ball for most of the season if they are terrible rather than average? You literally haven't said a single thing that can prove it otherwise. All you've done is attempt to troll Clippers fans and fail miserably with snide comments here and there. Just like Train is doing.

attack you? weve already been over this. you are the biggest homer on this site. its not an insult...just the truth.

when did i call the clippers terrible? in case you havent noticed, i have nothing against them...if they win it all, great! if they dont, who cares? i only care about one team.

you brought to this site all this negative attention onto the clippers yourself by shoving all this stupid clippers stuff down our throats daily...and now that people are annoyed by it (which was inevitable) and there is backlash, you cry like a baby and get defensive. give me a break.:rolleyes:

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 02:29 AM
attack you? weve already been over this. you are the biggest homer on this site. its not an insult...just the truth.

when did i call the clippers terrible? in case you havent noticed, i have nothing against them...if they win it all, great! if they dont, who cares? i only care about one team.

you brought to this site all this negative attention onto the clippers yourself by shoving all this stupid clippers stuff down our throats daily...and now that people are annoyed by it (which was inevitable) and there is backlash, you cry like a baby and get defensive. give me a break.:rolleyes:

I'm not crying about anything. I'm telling you that you constantly avoid responding to me presenting tangible evidence for my claims and go on writing personal things. You literally are so challenged mentally that you can't respond but rather dance around the questions/challenges.

I couldn't care less if people think I'm a homer. At least I'm a dedicated fan who's been through hell and back with my team and has the balls to stand up for the it. People can call me a homer all they want but nobody with sense will question my loyalty or knowledge of my team.

Your snide one liners don't mean sh** to me dude. I'm just saying don't criticize people when you literally add nothing to this forum or any of these posts you're typing in. At least post something relevant. Give reasons for your opinions etc.

NugzFan
12-04-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm not crying about anything. I'm telling you that you constantly avoid responding to me presenting tangible evidence for my claims and go on writing personal things. You literally are so challenged mentally that you can't respond but rather dance around the questions/challenges.

I couldn't care less if people think I'm a homer. At least I'm a dedicated fan who's been through hell and back with my team and has the balls to stand up for the it. People can call me a homer all they want but nobody with sense will question my loyalty or knowledge of my team.

Your snide one liners don't mean sh** to me dude. I'm just saying don't criticize people when you literally add nothing to this forum or any of these posts you're typing in. At least post something relevant. Give reasons for your opinions etc.

:sleeping - you arent a better fan than most people here...just a bigger homer than everyone else (youve been to "hell and back"? poor guy). going nuts and posting clippers shit every day doesnt make you better nor does "defending" your team.

but keep it coming...just stop crying when people get annoyed.

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 02:37 AM
:sleeping - you arent a better fan than most people here...just a bigger homer than everyone else (youve been to "hell and back"? poor guy). going nuts and posting clippers shit every day doesnt make you better nor does "defending" your team.

but keep it coming...just stop crying when people get annoyed.

I don't compare myself to other legit fans. I respect them all if they back up their team with knowledge and loyalty. I don't claim to be some sort of super
fan. Just saying after nearly 13 years following the Clippers I've earned my stripes.

NugzFan
12-04-2011, 02:39 AM
I don't compare myself to other legit fans. I respect them all if they back up their team with knowledge and loyalty. I don't claim to be some sort of super
fan. Just saying after nearly 13 years following the Clippers I've earned my stripes.

by being a fan of the clips for 13 years youve earned something? :wtf:

wow, congrats on overcoming such amazing odds and such awful circumstances...you sir are a true hero. amazing story. lifetime should make a made-for-tv movie about your life story.

alenleomessi
12-04-2011, 02:40 AM
cp3 gonna make dj better than chandler

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 02:41 AM
by being a fan of the clips for 13 years youve earned something? :wtf:

wow, congrats on overcoming such amazing odds and such awful circumstances...you sir are a true hero. amazing story. lifetime should make a made-for-tv movie about your life story.

:applause:. You should try it some time.

BGriffin's Dad
12-04-2011, 04:25 AM
dunno...maybe watch the games?

i guess if stats dont lie, we should just post hollinger stats all day. also close down the forum as all opinions are worthless.

again with the black and white thinking.. should we either completely disregard stats or only focus on them entirely? what exactly is your point of view here? only to use stats when they happen to support players we like, and ignore them when they don't?

or are you saying we should never look at stats? somehow just compare performances by watching games? 'cuz that sounds great to me too.

"i think lebron was better than kobe"
"no kobe was wayy better.. i watched the game bro"
"no dawg, i saw it with my own eyes, lebron > kobe"

bluechox2
12-04-2011, 06:52 AM
wud be funny if clips get paul, and then he pulls a boozer on them come contract time

BlackWhiteGreen
12-04-2011, 06:57 AM
wud be funny if clips get paul, and then he pulls a boozer on them come contract time

Is that turn absolutely shite after he's been paid? :oldlol:

ballinhun8
12-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Does anybody know who this "griffin dad" account is?

Like is it cf86's troll acct or that other clipper fan that all of a sudden showed up (fiasco)...

bluechox2
12-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Is that turn absolutely shite after he's been paid? :oldlol:
most likely he will sign a new contract after opting for free agency which will net him 5 year 100mil, rather than a weak extension for 2 more years on top of next season at about 30-40 mil range

Fiasco
12-04-2011, 07:20 AM

There isn't the chance the Clippers trade for Paul if he doesn't already come with a 3 year extension. New Jersey might be comfortable with letting Deron "opt" for a larger contract, but I'd rather have CP3 for a guaranteed 3 years than a presumable 5.

Fiasco
12-04-2011, 07:23 AM

Like is it cf86's troll acct or that other clipper fan that all of a sudden showed up (fiasco)...

I've been here since 2008. One account. Chill.

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 12:48 PM

:oldlol: . So just because 3-4 Clippers fans are all the sudden a lot more active.... we are using alternate accounts? It's only 3 or 4 of us giving you guys the business but it seems like a lot more doesn't it? We are gonna get real loud this year.

outbreak
12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Nelson, reddick, bass\andreson and cash/draft picks for CP3

mmsupra
12-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Nelson, reddick, bass\andreson and cash/draft picks for CP3
Magic whole team for cp3

ANBU21
12-04-2011, 06:05 PM
http://tinyurl.com/d4k8f4g

Saturday afternoon, one of Dwight Howards's closest confidants told BHSN that Howard's preference is to stay in Orlando, rather than be traded. Howard's hope is for Magic President Otis Smith to "hit a home run" via trade and acquire another NBA superstar, most notably Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets. Monta Ellis of the Golden State Warriors was another name also mentioned.
Yet again another source, but good to finally hear news of D12 wanting to stay, and not go. :rockon:

G-train
12-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Griffin dad is a troll and Clippersfan is the biggest homer on the site at the moment.
That is all.

DStebb716
12-04-2011, 07:10 PM

Of course it's sources. Are we still bitching about this? A GM or team exec isn't going to get himself fired by allowing them to name him. All stories start with sources. The Heat story started with sources and all stories in the future will start with sources.

outbreak
12-04-2011, 07:15 PM
sauces are delicious on hot dogs.

chips93
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM
:oldlol: . So just because 3-4 Clippers fans are all the sudden a lot more active.... we are using alternate accounts? It's only 3 or 4 of us giving you guys the business but it seems like a lot more doesn't it? We are gonna get real loud this year.
and its things like this that will make the board turn against clipper fans.

if your team is successful, please, enjoy it with some class and dignity, dont force the rest of the board to start hating on the clippers

you and the other clipper fans have a lot more control over the perception of the clippers than you think. if you acting douchey about the clippers winning, people will hate on them even more. we saw that this past week. id rarely noticed much criticism of the clippers, until the last week or so, when dozens of clipper threads pop up, and immediately, posters start to turn on the clippers.

be the one fan base that wins, but keeps some dignity.

:cheers:

hawkfan
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
LA Clippers is the most likely destination.
Paul-Griffin-Gordon = championship level team.

Fiasco
12-04-2011, 09:22 PM
LA Clippers is the most likely destination.
Paul-Griffin-Gordon = championship level team.

Don't think Gordon's going to be here if Paul is.

And this source is pretty shifty. It's a RealGM writer, which whom I've read are about as credible as the kids from BleacherReport.

Grain of salt, people.

Clippersfan86
12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
and its things like this that will make the board turn against clipper fans.

if your team is successful, please, enjoy it with some class and dignity, dont force the rest of the board to start hating on the clippers

you and the other clipper fans have a lot more control over the perception of the clippers than you think. if you acting douchey about the clippers winning, people will hate on them even more. we saw that this past week. id rarely noticed much criticism of the clippers, until the last week or so, when dozens of clipper threads pop up, and immediately, posters start to turn on the clippers.

be the one fan base that wins, but keeps some dignity.

:cheers:

I'm all about mutual respect. I respect the people who show me respect. When I say I'm going to get loud it's towards the haters and douches that have degraded myself, the team and other Clippers fans. The people that call the team garbage etc. I'm not going to let the turnaround cause me to forget the past feelings. Meaning I'll always remember the decade plus of bad years and remain humble.

Only people I will troll are the ones who deserve it. I'm not a prick who's going to seek it out. If you read the Clippers threads recently I never start off a dick. I become one when the trolling or uneducated opinions start. It's truly pathetic how many clueless people there are about the Clippers... Yet they are experts with opinions they think.

Also the perception needs to change about threads. My one or two Clippers threads here and there are within rules and justified. Some days we have 5 or more Heat or Lakers threads on first page alone. Every fan base has the right to make threads. I'm not flood trolling like Euroleague.

If some days we have 9 Kobe/Lebron/Heat/Lakers threads on first page.. I frankly don't care if people are annoyed with my 1 or 2 here and there. If you don't like it/me don't read.