12-06-2011, 03:35 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/143770327229534209

Bynum has privately been heard to say this offseason that he wants his own team

The_Yearning
12-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Too heavy for his legs and ankles.

senelcoolidge
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
move over kobe...i can't see him being the man anywhere..at most a #2 option on a bad team somewhere.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-06-2011, 03:40 PM
If this is true, he is an absolute moron. Any team he goes to, to be "the man", won't smell any kind of success in the next 2 or 3 years. If he stuck it out in LA for them 2 or 3 seasons, he'd probably have his 3rd championship and in year 3 or 4, he'd absolutely positively be the man in LA.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
He's always been a dumbass.

Sarcastic
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Any team that has Bynum as "the Man" is winning about 25 games, and headed for the lottery in which case they will be selecting a future "the Man".

Fatal9
12-06-2011, 03:44 PM
This has been clear for a while to me. Dude plays on the court to get his own.

IGOTGAME
12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I have no issue with this. It is totally understandable.

Not really true. He is a nice guy who is pretty intelligent. So what he wants to see what he can do with an increased role. he has been playing with shackles his entire career. He has no idea what he can do when given the freedom almost every other big man in the league has. Sorry he wants to make a couple of all star teams or get a bigger contract after this one is up. None of those things sound dumb to me. It may not be what you believe is best, but doesn't sound dumb.

DuMa
12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
good luck drew and tebowspeed

StacksOnDeck
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM

How is this even relevant to what WOJ said?

"I want to be the man"

Stro: omg what a dumbass

I forgot you admire players with no work ethic or talent. Smush, Stromile, Sonny Weems, etc.

Also, like IGotGame said, he's probably in the upper tier in terms of intelligence in the NBA.

Joshumitsu
12-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Ship his @$$ out out already!

GOBB
12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Kobe wanted the same thing. :confusedshrug:

ZeN
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM
These past couple of seasons hes had trouble handling single coverage defense..

So how is he going to handle being double teamed or triple teamed?

IGOTGAME
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM
These past couple of seasons hes had trouble handling single coverage defense..

So how is he going to handle being double teamed or triple teamed?

that is false. Bynum scores or gets good shots up against 99% of defenders in the NBA. The only person I have seen him have trouble with is Howard.

All Net
12-06-2011, 04:01 PM
He will be in Orlando :lol

WillyJakk
12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Why is it so far fetched that Bynum wants his own team?

Dude is scoring 11pts on only 7shots, grabbing 9rebs and swatting 2shots per game in 27 mins.

I think he's actually been underutilized by the Lakers as is, especially once they got Pau.

He needs at least 12 shots/ game imo and yeah he's got injury concerns but still...

kNIOKAS
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM

"I want to be the man"

Stro: omg what a dumbass

I forgot you admire players with no work ethic or talent. Smush, Stromile, Sonny Weems, etc.

Also, like IGotGame said, he's probably in the upper tier in terms of intelligence in the NBA.
Don't act like this on StroShow4!

To me he never looked bright, and this is like Tony Allen saying he was in PP's or Ray's shadow. And I love Tony Allen, but just be little more realistic.

You can hype Bynum and all, but when you check his stats - not a franchise player.

thejumpa
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I have no issue with this. It is totally understandable.

Not really true. He is a nice guy who is pretty intelligent. So what he wants to see what he can do with an increased role. The has been playing with shackles his entire career. He has no idea what he can do when give the freedom almost every other big man in the league has. Sorry he wants to make a couple of all star teams or get a bigger contract after this one is up. None of those things sound dumb to me. It may not be what you believe is best, but doesn't sound dumb.

+1

I've always thought the guy was overrated and would never become the dominant force. However, you can't really fault him for wanting a much bigger role and/or bigger contract.

Doctor Rivers
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
more like the wo-man

ZeN
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
that is false. Bynum scores or gets good shots up against 99% of defenders in the NBA. The only person I have seen him have trouble with is Howard.
What you say isnt true. Often he gets flustered when being bodied by any big body. And the only reason he scores well is because of the attention guys like Pau and Kobe demand and the fact that he has gotten a lot of easy baskets. Hes never shown capable to be a go-to guy. You throw it in to him and hes incapable of consistently making good passes back out and he often takes slow to get going. Also, if he gets frustrated, then your team is f*cked because instead of working harder, he just starts losing his footwork and starts fumbling the ball.

DuMa
12-06-2011, 04:11 PM
What you say isnt true. Often he gets flustered when being bodied by any big body. And the only reason he scores well is because of the attention guys like Pau and Kobe demand and the fact that he has gotten a lot of easy baskets. Hes never shown capable to be a go-to guy. You throw it in to him and hes incapable of consistently making good passes back out and he often takes slow to get going. Also, if he gets frustrated, then your team is f*cked because instead of working harder, he just starts losing his footwork and starts fumbling the ball.

plus he is terrible defending the pick and roll. inconsistent with pick and roll set plays with guards other than kobe. he will get exposed badly

Real Men Wear Green
12-06-2011, 04:11 PM
If you don't like it when stars join up then you have to applaud a guy who desires the challenge of taking a team on his back. At a young age he already has two rings, he's tasted team success so now he wants to shine as a solo star. I don't think he can lead a team anywhere but I don't fault him for wanting to try.

IGOTGAME
12-06-2011, 04:18 PM

I disagree.

Oddly enough. He played his best before Pau was on the team. I'm confident that on another team Bynum is an all star. I am confident that he is good enough to be a teams best post option. That is all he is asking for.

TryToBeUnbias
12-06-2011, 04:29 PM

Ding. He isn't ready to be the man .. physically ? maybe but there are other aspects to being the man then just putting up okay numbers remember guys ? ...

and if he is still struggling with those things posted above he isn't ready for the 1st option/Team leader roll at all.

dbugz
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Drew already knew right from the very start that Lakers FO will not hesitate to trade him for CP3 or Dwight and that statement is totally more of a defensive mechanism for him if ever he will get traded.

LA_Showtime
12-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure he's got it in him to be "the man," but you can't fault the guy for wanting to carve his own path. There have definitely been moments where he's risen to the occasion and has looked the part of being one of the next great centers, but injuries and immaturity have always gotten in the way. Don't fault the kid for wanting to be great.

airchibundo507
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
If this is true, he is an absolute moron. Any team he goes to, to be "the man", won't smell any kind of success in the next 2 or 3 years. If he stuck it out in LA for them 2 or 3 seasons, he'd probably have his 3rd championship and in year 3 or 4, he'd absolutely positively be the man in LA.

The Lakers would trade him before he ever became "the man." Seriously, the guy is on the trading block almost every other year. There's not a damn thing wrong with what he's doing, either. He's won championships with the Lakers in marginal roles. They even managed to win or came very close to winning with him out injured. What's wrong with him wanting to prove himself in a more significant role? So what if he doesn't have immediate success? He's still young and it takes time to construct a team around the franchise player.

Thus said, as a team's best player, he'll probably be first round fodder. As the second best player, if he stayed healthy, that team could win a championship.

Tlova
12-06-2011, 05:03 PM
If this is true he has to stay healthy for an entire year to prove himself as a legit #1 option.

LemonMan
12-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Isn't this exactly what Farmar said?

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 05:09 PM

Because he clearly isn't good enough to be the man. Dumbass wasn't the best choice of words, but I think everyone can see what I was getting at.

Pursuer
12-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Bynum, to me, looks like he's suffering from some sort of dual personality. Sometimes you see him displaying true understanding of the game, by refocusing on defense, like in the 2nd half of last season, but sometimes he's so immature, like this wanting to be the man, or refusing to be coached by Kareem. I mean he obviously has the talent, but I don't think you can really want to be the man, when you're not even proven to be the 2nd best man.

DevilsAssassin
12-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Orlando Magic Receive Kevin Love & Devin Ebanks as well as draft picks from the Lakers.

Minnesota Timberwolves Receive Andrew Bynum

Los Angeles Lakers Receive Gilbert Arenas j/k Dwight Howard.

ZenMaster
12-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Bynum, to me, looks like he's suffering from some sort of dual personality. Sometimes you see him displaying true understanding of the game, by refocusing on defense, like in the 2nd half of last season, but sometimes he's so immature, like this wanting to be the man, or refusing to be coached by Kareem. I mean he obviously has the talent, but I don't think you can really want to be the man, when you're not even proven to be the 2nd best man.

Bynum was coached by Kareem, you must be thinking of Olowokhandi.

bdreason
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
A team with Bynum as "the man" doesn't even make the playoffs.

I'd love to see cry baby Bynum and his bad attitude try and lead a team somewhere. My guess is he'd be throwing his teammates under the bus left and right.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Now that I think about it a little more, I don't think "dumbass" was that far off. Maybe he's a smart guy, I don't f@cking know him, but as far as wanting to be the man... I mean, I think he's always over-estimated his own abilities while not always appearing to have his head completely in the game. If he thinks that makes him "the man" caliber, then he is indeed a dumbass, at least in this regard.

Not to mention the injuries. Can't be the man sitting on the bench.

HylianNightmare
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
good as long as that team isn't orlando

Kevin_Gamble
12-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Well excuse him for having ambitions.

G-train
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I always wonder who these sources are :oldlol:

Lebron23
12-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Isn't this exactly what Farmar said?

Yeah

Vujacic also said the same thing.

tpols
12-06-2011, 05:58 PM
But Kobe had been putting up 25+/5+/5+ for multiple years.. what has Bynum done?

tpols
12-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeah

Vujacic also said the same thing.
Looks like he's in great company:oldlol:

Nick Young
12-06-2011, 06:13 PM
WRONG. Before the pau trade playing as the second option before the injury he went on a 2 month run of 20 ppg 15 boards a game at 60% He has shown loads of signs of being a go-to scorer but just never been given enough chances on the Lakers since Pau Gasol came. He has the best back to the basket game of any C in the league, and best footwork and fundamentals, yes better than Howard, if given his own team, especially one in the east, he will prove all the haters in this thread wrong

ihatetimthomas
12-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Because he clearly isn't good enough to be the man. Dumbass wasn't the best choice of words, but I think everyone can see what I was getting at.

Why is it such a negative to want to be the man and lead a team? I actually respect a guy who would rather lead than follow. He is a dumbass for believing in his abilities and wanting to test himself and see if he can lead a team as the man? What kind of world do you live in?

Maybe you dont believe he can be the man, and to be honest, I dont think so either. But I hardly condemn a guy who believes in himself and wants the chance. You are never going to find out what you are truly capable of without this mentality. he is young, has 2 rings. Now is the time to try.

Nick Young
12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Now that I think about it a little more, I don't think "dumbass" was that far off. Maybe he's a smart guy, I don't f@cking know him, but as far as wanting to be the man... I mean, I think he's always over-estimated his own abilities while not always appearing to have his head completely in the game. If he thinks that makes him "the man" caliber, then he is indeed a dumbass, at least in this regard.

Not to mention the injuries. Can't be the man sitting on the bench.
ug, more Lakers haters who never watch Bynum play and only look up stats:facepalm

HE PUT UP 2 MONTHS At 20 PPG 60% and 15 boards a game!

Then Pau came and he has never been given the same amount of shots, but since then his back to the basket game and defense have greatly improved.

He has shown ability to be the man, he just never gets the oppurtunities to show it on a team with Pau Kobe and Lamar. What kind of stats do you expect the guy to put up? Stop just judging players by their stats, bozos.

G-train
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
2 month run is great, but can he put up 20/10 for 70+ games and the playoffs.
It remains to be seen whether his body can handle that, let alone whether he has the ability.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Why is it such a negative to want to be the man and lead a team?

Refer to my other post in which I elaborated.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 06:25 PM
ug, more Lakers haters who never watch Bynum play and only look up stats:facepalm

Dude, I'd bet money that I watch more NBA basketball than anyone else on this planet. That includes the Lakers.

Two months? Woohoo. Do it for a season.

Lebron23
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
2 month run is great, but can he put up 20/10 for 70+ games and the playoffs.
It remains to be seen whether his body can handle that, let alone whether he has the ability.

This

HurricaneKid
12-06-2011, 06:28 PM

He absolutely did. And the league recognized him as a GREAT young talent. The problem is that was 3 years ago. He has chronic tendenitis with loss of cartilege. Its the kind of chonic injury that doesn't get better in the grind of the NBA. Its truly sad. But he isn't a great prospect anymore. He is a guy that makes very close to the league max and plays ~40% as many minutes as the great players in the league do. And thats over 5 years.

Pursuer
12-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Bynum was coached by Kareem, you must be thinking of Olowokhandi.

Yeah, at first, but then he refused, I think before the 09-10 season, even though Kareem himself said, that there was a lot left to teach Bynum. And Bynum even agreed, but said he wanted to develop on his own, or something of that kind.

ihatetimthomas
12-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Refer to my other post in which I elaborated.

I still disagree. No player has ever maxed out their potential without being a little high on themselves. No great player ever became great without wanting to be great. You see Lamar Odom getting criticized his entire career for not wanting to be the man and maxing out his abilities. And now when a player wants to, he is dumb? Like I said, I dont necessarily think he will be a true #1 option, but I am not going to fault him for believing he can do so.

ZenMaster
12-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Dude, I'd bet money that I watch more NBA basketball than anyone else on this planet. That includes the Lakers.

Two months? Woohoo. Do it for a season.

Yeah apparently he wants to try that himself, and that's why he wants to be the focal point of an NBA offense.

ZenMaster
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
He absolutely did. And the league recognized him as a GREAT young talent. The problem is that was 3 years ago. He has chronic tendenitis with loss of cartilege. Its the kind of chonic injury that doesn't get better in the grind of the NBA. Its truly sad. But he isn't a great prospect anymore. He is a guy that makes very close to the league max and plays ~40% as many minutes as the great players in the league do. And thats over 5 years.

To be fair he was the best player in the league for about a quarter of last year.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I still disagree. No player has ever maxed out their potential without being a little high on themselves. No great player ever became great without wanting to be great. You see Lamar Odom getting criticized his entire career for not wanting to be the man and maxing out his abilities. And now when a player wants to, he is dumb? Like I said, I dont necessarily think he will be a true #1 option, but I am not going to fault him for believing he can do so.

Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum aren't the same people. Don't compare them.

Bynum is dumb because A)he can't handle it yet thinks he can, and B)I don't think he really wants it. Trust me, Bynum isn't taking a team anywhere. He isn't ready to play that role. He thinks he is, but he's not ready. Never will be in my opinion. As soon as the team he's leading starts sucking and his rep tanks he'll be wanting some help.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Yeah apparently he wants to try that himself, and that's why he wants to be the focal point of an NBA offense.

Why can't he perform at his best with the Lakers for a whole season? I'm not talking numbers either. We all know damn well that Andrew Bynum has never put together a full season of his best play. Not even close, really.

Nick Young
12-06-2011, 06:41 PM

Bynum is dumb because A)he can't handle it yet thinks he can, and B)I don't think he really wants it. Trust me, Bynum isn't taking a team anywhere. He isn't ready to play that role. He thinks he is, but he's not ready. Never will be in my opinion. As soon as the team he's leading starts sucking and his rep tanks he'll be wanting some help.
Your judge of talent has been remarkably off in the past, not only off but also biased against all Lakers, so I'm not going to trust your evaluation on Bynum.

Smoke117
12-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Play an 82 game season (well obviously not this year as there are only 66 games) and than come back to us. You want your own team kid? Actually be healthy and be on the court and not miss 20 or so games annually. I realize that isn't all your fault...some bodies just don't have durability to match the skill (Kevin Johnson ; ;), but you haven't ever even shown that you are in the Dwight Howard area, period anyway even when healthy. Stay healthy this season, but frankly why go through you when the Laker's can go through Pau Gasol...so in fact that makes this a bigger joke. You want your own team because you play with players that are better than you and will have bigger roles? Aw...so what you need is a bottom feeder where you can do whatever you want, gotcha Andrew.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Your judge of talent has been remarkably off in the past

When? And don't go saying I went around calling Stromile Swift and Smush Parker future All-Stars. Never did such a thing.

The last time I recall being way off is when I said Joakim Noah would suck. But everybody said that. I also thought Yi would be good, and I liked Al Thornton. Other than that I can't think of any examples where I said some dude would be awesome and he sucked, or vice versa.

Rnbizzle
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
I can see Drew as a solid second option, but being the man? I just don't see it, sorry.

ihatetimthomas
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM

What I am comparing is their situations. Players can never do right for some fans. They get chastised for not wanting to be the man and they get chastised for wanting to be the man.

I mean, you are making assumptions about who Bynum is when you yourself said you don't even know him. How in the world would you know if he wants it or not?

Its not about whether he can be the man or not. I am not arguing that. I am saying that I don't fault a guy who thinks he can be. Why is that such a bad thing? Since when is it a bad thing to have high expectations about yourself. If everyone just sat around and listened to what other thought about them, then no one would ever fulfill their potential. I have no problem him trying or even thinking he can be the man. I certainly do not think he is dumb for it.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 06:47 PM
What I am comparing is their situations. Players can never do right for some fans. They get chastised for not wanting to be the man and they get chastised for wanting to be the man.

I mean, you are making assumptions about who Bynum is when you yourself said you don't even know him. How in the world would you know if he wants it or not?

Its not about whether he can be the man or not. I am not arguing that. I am saying that I don't fault a guy who thinks he can be. Why is that such a bad thing? Since when is it a bad thing to have high expectations about yourself. If everyone just sat around and listened to what other thought about them, then no one would ever fulfill their potential. I have no problem him trying or even thinking he can be the man. I certainly do not think he is dumb for it.

I think Andrew Bynum should focus on proving that he can give the Lakers his best for a full season before he goes talking about how he wants to be the man. That's it. Period.

ZenMaster
12-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Why can't he perform at his best with the Lakers for a whole season? I'm not talking numbers either. We all know damn well that Andrew Bynum has never put together a full season of his best play. Not even close, really.

It seems he figured some stuff concerning his spot on the team. He realized his role on this team and I think he played his role very well.
He's been set back by a lot of injuries, but he has been able to come back as a better player everytime it's happened. None the less it sets him back in his conditioning thus affecting his play.

A lot of people mention old stuff when he wasn't as mature as he is now.
The only concern to me is his injuries and that's a big one obv, but everything else is there.
The defense, the rebounding, the fundamentals on the offensive end, the maturity has also come along, doesn't make excuses and he works hard.

But injuries is the answer to your question.

hawkfan
12-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Orlando or New Orleans are the best situations for Bynum if he wants his own team, since they will be able to clear out a lot of salary in two summers.

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 06:53 PM
It seems he figured some stuff concerning his spot on the team. He realized his role on this team and I think he played his role very well.
He's been set back by a lot of injuries, but he has been able to come back as a better player everytime it's happened. None the less it sets him back in his conditioning thus affecting his play.

A lot of people mention old stuff when he wasn't as mature as he is now.
The only concern to me is his injuries and that's a big one obv, but everything else is there.
The defense, the rebounding, the fundamentals on the offensive end, the maturity has also come along, doesn't make excuses and he works hard.

But injuries is the answer to your question.

Well, unfortunately, injuries are part of it. Can't just disregard them. Andrew's had a million of them and will probably (again, I emphasize the word UNFORTUNATELY, I wish injury on NOBODY) have a whole bunch more.

ZenMaster
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Well, unfortunately, injuries are part of it. Can't just disregard them. Andrew's had a million of them and will probably (again, I emphasize the word UNFORTUNATELY, I wish injury on NOBODY) have a whole bunch more.

True, but you where saying stuff about him having a bad attitude and him being mentally weak no? I just don't agree with that, the guy has come along way.

IGOTGAME
12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
True, but you where saying stuff about him having a bad attitude and him being mentally weak no? I just don't agree with that, the guy has come along way.

I don't agree either. He is one of 2 NBA players I grew up playing with. He is a good guy in my book. Always seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and has worked very hard.

sorry, that he wants to test himself? I don't have a problem with that. Otherwise, it will just be what ifs...To him this is real life as opposed to a game to many here. I'm gonna be mad at him for wanting a bigger role

StroShow4
12-06-2011, 07:25 PM

Eh... I still view him as a guy who's head isn't always in the game. We're going to have to agree to disagree on that.

HylianNightmare
12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Orlando Magic Receive Kevin Love & Devin Ebanks as well as draft picks from the Lakers.

no thanks

9erEmpire
12-06-2011, 07:31 PM
I appreciate Bynum wanting to step up and have nothing against him except if he kept his mouth shut, he would be the man of one of the best franchises in all of sports.

When Kobe is done, he would be the man.

It's stupid to leave L.A. That is what's worry me and not the alpha mentality.

12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
give Bynum what he wants...and what Howard wants.

It all works out for everyone!

bdreason
12-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I can't believe how many of you see this as an admirable trait.

Bynum is on a good/great team, that needs him, and that has a shot at a title, and he's talking about having his own team, and being "the man"?

This has nothing to do with wanting to challenge himself, and everything to do with selfishness.

And to the person who mentioned Kobe did the same thing, you're right, he did. And where did that lead him? A bunch of missed playoffs and first round exits... and Kobe is twice the player Bynum will ever be.

I actually hope Bynum gets his wish. I have no doubt he can put up some good numbers on a bad team... but those numbers won't translate to W's.

Leading a team requires a lot more than just scoring buckets... that's why the leaders of many teams (especially outside Basketball) aren't always the best players. Leaders take accountability for everyone on the team, and that's something I can never see Bynum doing.

hammer2010
12-06-2011, 07:45 PM

:wtf:

upside24
12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Bynum needs to worry about staying healthy instead of being the "man." I hope he does get traded. Lost all respect for the guy after the cheap shot on JJ.

ZenMaster
12-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Bynum is on a good/great team, that needs him, and that has a shot at a title, and he's talking about having his own team, and being "the man"?

This has nothing to do with wanting to challenge himself, and everything to do with selfishness.

And to the person who mentioned Kobe did the same thing, you're right, he did. And where did that lead him? A bunch of missed playoffs and first round exits... and Kobe is twice the player Bynum will ever be.

I actually hope Bynum gets his wish. I have no doubt he can put up some good numbers on a bad team... but those numbers won't translate to W's.

Leading a team requires a lot more than just scoring buckets... that's why the leaders of many teams (especially outside Basketball) aren't always the best players. Leaders take accountability for everyone on the team, and that's something I can never see Bynum doing.

With all the talk about him being traded I could see him screw it let's go.

He's given everything he has in the last 2 years to the Lakers, was the 2nd or 3rd best Laker in the playoffs, was the best Laker after the all star break. The year before he fought through injury in the playoffs, didn't whine or complain, just gave what he had. And still he's about to be traded.

Lebron23
12-07-2011, 12:34 AM

Repped

He doesn't have skills and the talent to become the number 1 option in the NBA. Beside the fact that he's an injury prone player. Bynum is actually in a good situation because he's playing on a winning team.

El Kabong
12-07-2011, 12:36 AM
What was that saying Ric Flair used to have? "To be the man, you gotta be able to play more than 50 games a year....WOOOOOOO"

IGOTGAME
12-07-2011, 12:38 AM

and what makes that selfish. this is the real world. not some internet message board. why is he a bad person for wanting to go to a situation where he will be able to maximize his talents more even though they will win less. Why is he selfish for wanting maximize his earning potential.

There is more to life then the amount wins you accumulate on a basketball court.

People here are so short sighted sometimes.

Meticode
12-07-2011, 12:39 AM
So basically if this is true Bynum is saying he wants out of L.A.

IGOTGAME
12-07-2011, 12:42 AM
So basically if this is true Bynum is saying he wants out of L.A.

nope. If he wanted out of LA he would have made it public or told the organization. I'm sure there are tons of players who aspire to be good enough to be the best player on their team or a main option. Pretending this is new to Bynum is a joke.

bluechox2
12-07-2011, 12:48 AM
bynum is the man of the disabled list

All Net
12-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Question in all of your areas at work

do you want to become the boss? develop your career so you can be the best and lead by example? of course you do, this is no different.

What the hell is wrong with wanting to be the best and becoming better?

ihatetimthomas
12-07-2011, 04:18 AM
Question in all of your areas at work

do you want to become the boss? develop your career so you can be the best and lead by example? of course you do, this is no different.

What the hell is wrong with wanting to be the best and becoming better?

Exactly. No one ever achieved great things without believing they could achieve bigger and better things. Its ridiculous that guys here think he "should realize he is not good enough" or "he should realize he doesnt have what it takes to be a #1." Who knows if he becomes a true #1 but I commend a guy who wants that opportunity.

HurricaneKid
12-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Exactly. No one ever achieved great things without believing they could achieve bigger and better things. Its ridiculous that guys here think he "should realize he is not good enough" or "he should realize he doesnt have what it takes to be a #1." Who knows if he becomes a true #1 but I commend a guy who wants that opportunity.

Disagree. You see bigtime players everywhere sacrificing their personal accolades to become a part of a winning team. This is the opposite. This is a player walking away from a winning team prioritizing personal accolades above winning. That is the very definition of being selfish.

ihatetimthomas
12-07-2011, 04:44 AM
Disagree. You see bigtime players everywhere sacrificing their personal accolades to become a part of a winning team. This is the opposite. This is a player walking away from a winning team prioritizing personal accolades above winning. That is the very definition of being selfish.

He has had team accomplishments and yet he has been the center of trade talks for the last 3-4 years. Whats wrong with wanting to see what you are fully capable of at such a young age? I think he is getting fed up with being the center of just about every trade rumor too. I dont think its being selfish that he wants to be the man. People will disagree but this is what I think.

Also, you dont think these superstars are being selfish when they want to win titles? Winning a title is also a personal accolade. You dont think CP3 is selfish for demanding trades to super teams? You dont think Dwight is selfish for only accepting a certain team to play for? How about Melo? You can look at it both sides.

StroShow4
01-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Bump.

pegasus
01-21-2012, 12:40 AM
He needs to be A man first.

PHILA
01-21-2012, 12:52 AM
:lol

LA_Showtime
01-21-2012, 12:54 AM
First of all, Bynum never even said that. Second of all, who cares if Bynum wants to be the man? I'd rather have a guy with that mentality than a guy who would rather be content as a second or third option.

entropy35
01-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Not really true. He is a nice guy who is pretty intelligent.

http://youtu.be/ZBfvmJIxwPQ
http://youtu.be/VU7RiLERJ-Y

FourthTenor
01-21-2012, 01:11 AM

http://youtu.be/ZBfvmJIxwPQ
http://youtu.be/VU7RiLERJ-Y

:eek:
I'd never seen that one against Beasley

Doing that one time is dangerous and disgusting enough, being a repeat offender of THAT kind of foul, that could literally end someone's career or WORSE....

Bynum should seriously have been suspended for half the season after the second one of those. That is DANGEROUS.

HighFlyer23
01-21-2012, 01:14 AM
black hole bynum wants to be "the man" :lol

Mr. Jabbar
01-21-2012, 01:45 AM

Kobe proved his was capable of it. Bumnum on the other hand, not so much...