PDA

View Full Version : Shannon and Kwame Brown could become Heat

Lebron23
12-07-2011, 04:48 AM
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/common/medialib/264/555610.jpg

There soon could be a Brown in town for the Heat. Maybe two.

December 7, 2011

Mark Bartelstein, who represents free agents Kwame Brown and Shannon Brown, said Tuesday night he has had in-depth discussions with Miami about both.

The Heat desperately needs a center, and Kwame Brown could fit the bill. He's coming off one of the better seasons of his career, having averaged 7.9 points and 6.8 rebounds for Charlotte.

"We've talked to Miami quite a bit," Bartelstein said. "We're going through the process and hope to make a decision in the next few days… Miami's a great team and a championship contender and he's got the potential (to help)."

Bartelstein named Charlotte, Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia and Sacramento as other teams in the mix for Kwame Brown.

Bartelstein said he's also talked to Heat president Pat Riley a good bit about Shannon Brown, a shooting guard who averaged 8.7 points last season for the Lakers.

"Yeah, we've talked about him with Pat," Bartelstein said of Shannon Brown, who was LeBron James' teammate in Cleveland from 2006-08. "They're looking for wings. Teaming with LeBron and Dwyane (Wade) would be incredible. (Shannon Brown) is very athletic. They (the Heat) like him."

Bartelstein declined to discuss contract needs regarding either player. The Heat, meanwhile, is trying to figure out how best to spend money in free agency, with players being able to sign starting Friday.

If the Heat waives swingman Mike Miller as part of the amnesty clause, Miami likely wouldn't be more than $4 million over the luxury-tax threshold and could have a $5 million mid-level exception and a $1.9 million bi-annual exception available.

If Miller is retained, the Heat likely would be over the $4 million mark and would then have one $3 million exception available. Miller expressed confidence Tuesday the Heat will keep him.

If Miller stays, Kwame Brown obviously would be a bigger need than would Shannon Brown. The only center the Heat is certain have at this point is returning starter Joel Anthony, who averaged 2.0 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.24 blocks last season.

Kwame Brown struggled after being the No. 1 pick in the 2001 NBA draft. But last season he at least averaged the most points he has since 2006-07 and his most rebounds since 2003-04.

"He had a great season," Bartelstein said. "He had the chance to play a lot of minutes (26.0 average). He's a greatly misunderstood kid. People look at him as being the No. 1 pick in the draft, but that's in the past. If you just evaluate him as a starting center, he had a great season last year… He's one of the best post defenders in the league and he's only 29 years old."

The Heat's wish list at center includes Denver free agent Nene and Sacramento free agent Samuel Dalembert. But both will command much more than the Heat can pay, with Dalembert telling FOX Sports Florida on Monday it would be "tough" to go to Miami for the $5 million mid-level exception.

Kwame Brown could end up being the best answer in the pivot for Miami.

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/12/07/11/Shannon-Kwame-Brown-could-become-Heat/landing_heat.html?blockID=621202&feedID=3720

Miami Heat (Depth Charts)

C- Kwame Brown
F - Chris Bosh
SF- LeBron James
SG- Dwayne Wade
PG- Mario Chalmers

Bench

C- Joel Anthony/Dexter Pittman
F- Udonis Haslem
F- Mike Miller (Injured). I prefer Shane Battier over Mike Miller. Battier is less injury prone than Miller, better defender, and his contract is much cheaper.
SG- Shannon Brown
PG- Norris Cole (Rookie) and Eddie House

That's a much deeper bench compared to last season.

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 04:52 AM
I'm not interested on both guys. Kwame, as always, is a shitty player. Shannon, while being young, is not what the kind of player the Heat is looking for. The Heat needs defense-first players(Battier and Dalembert) who can also create some shots on their own.

Haymaker
12-07-2011, 04:53 AM
Shannon Brown's Ball IQ is pretty low.

DDensity
12-07-2011, 04:57 AM

There's a reason many Lakers fans call him Chucker Brown.

ihatetimthomas
12-07-2011, 04:57 AM
I'm not interested on both guys. Kwame, as always, is a shitty player. Shannon, while being young, is not what the kind of player the Heat is looking for. The Heat needs defense-first players(Battier and Dalembert) who can also create some shots on their own.

Yea well, the Heat are pretty limited in what they can do. Can they afford a Battier or Dalembert? Those guys are not locks. Kwame and Brown on the cheap are nice pickups and better than the bench they had last year. Team bball IQ severely drops though

The Big Skinny
12-07-2011, 04:59 AM
To be honest, Kwame Brown sounds like a good fit to me. Low risk, High reward guy here. Has prototypical size to bang down low, grab rebs and defend other bigs. Joel Anthony is an undersized C who isn't starter worthy. When he got 30 mins a game in 03/04, Brown put up 11 pts 8 rebs. Remember who is on this team. Lebron, D Wade are excellent rebounder at their respective positions and Bosh is decent. All the heat need at C is a big body who can battle down low and give them 20-30 tough minutes. Everyone else this free agency is either too expensive/not worth it or not a good fit (more of a scoring/finesse).

ihatetimthomas
12-07-2011, 05:00 AM
There's a reason many Lakers fans call him Chucker Brown.

Yea there really isn't a shot he doesn't like. But he is capable of hitting long range shots and the occasional exciting dunk.

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Yea well, the Heat are pretty limited in what they can do. Can they afford a Battier or Dalembert? Those guys are not locks. Kwame and Brown on the cheap are nice pickups and better than the bench they had last year. Team bball IQ severely drops though
I have high hopes. :D Don't want to do anything with low IQ guys.

In the end, it's all about defense for the Heat.

ballinhun8
12-07-2011, 05:03 AM
So you think they could have Battier, Keane, and Shannon with one MLE??

ihatetimthomas
12-07-2011, 05:08 AM
I have high hopes. :D Don't want to do anything with low IQ guys.

In the end, it's all about defense for the Heat.

Kwame is a solid man defender. One of the better defenders in the post.

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 05:08 AM
So you think they could have Battier, Keane, and Shannon with one MLE??
Obviously no. Battier, if Dalembert declines, should be the Heat's first target. Then maybe they can pick Kwame up, or some rookie.

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Kwame is a solid man defender. One of the better defenders in the post.
Yeah, but I also want a center who can make shots for their own. He just doesn't fit that criteria.

All Net
12-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Shannon was god awful 2nd half of the season, first 20 games? played great but fell off badly after that. Still an option to have which they didn't last year.

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 05:12 AM
It's sad though that he is the best option for the Heat. I guess I should live with that.

The Big Skinny
12-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah, but I also want a center who can make shots for their own. He just doesn't fit that criteria.

Who is a better cost effective fit then Kwame Brown?

All Net
12-07-2011, 05:14 AM
It's sad though that he is the best option for the Heat. I guess I should live with that.

in Fairness due to this shorten season depth is the biggest thing you could have..it's needed.

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Who is a better cost effective fit then Kwame Brown?
None:lol I may have to live with him being a Heat. 8ppg and 7rpg ain't too bad.

Lebron23
12-07-2011, 05:16 AM

Miami don't have any backup SG on their roster. James Jones is a Free Agent. I don't know if the Heat are planning to resign him. Last week He trained with Haslem and Bosh. Brown is a better athlete, show some improvement on his defense last season, and he's much younger than Jones.

He's only gonna play 19 minutes per game. Brown actually put up better numbers than Jones last season.

Brown - 8.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.2 apg, 35 3 pts. FG%, and 91 FT % (19.01 mpg)
Jones - 5.9 ppg 2.0 rpg, 0.65 apg, 42 3 pt FG%, and 83 FT% (19.06 mpg)

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 05:17 AM
in Fairness due to this shorten season depth is the biggest thing you could have..it's needed.
True.

(e)
12-07-2011, 05:18 AM
I'd take Chucker Brown in Chicago. No way Miami is pulling both these guys along with Battier.

All Net
12-07-2011, 05:19 AM
i don't mean just Miami BTW...everybody.

Might be why we seem to be interested in every player available.

The Big Skinny
12-07-2011, 05:20 AM
None:lol I may have to live with him being a Heat. 8ppg and 7rpg ain't too bad.

It is honestly a perfect fit. I once saw Kwame Brown put up 30 pts and 19 rebs earlier in his career on the wiz. Plus i'm a wiz fan so I hate both miami and kwame brown, so i'm just saying, no bias here. If all else fails, he is just another big body that will give you 5 hard fouls on Dwight Howard :lol

When he isn't relied on to carry the team or be THE guy, he can do a decent job. Remember, Miami signed 3 guys to carry them to the ship, they just need some guys here and there to be role players and do the dirty work.

kidachi
12-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Not Kwame pls. Where's Cheikh Samb?

triangleoffense
12-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Anyone else find it sad that Shannon Brown will(possibly) be adding veteran leadership and winning attitude for the Heat?

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Anyone else find it sad that Shannon Brown will(possibly) be adding veteran leadership and winning attitude for the Heat?
Wade and Haslem have winning attitude that few can touch. :banana:

triangleoffense
12-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Wade and Haslem have winning attitude that few can touch. :banana:
I'm not doubting their resilience but when that's your core group of veterans I think your in trouble. Let's not forget the 2006 Heat had Shaq, Payton and Alonzo on the team, who all regardless of their age stepped up in big moments during that finals run. Of course that guy Wade was pretty good too but he people he could turn to for advice, I don't really see that with this Heat team. Sure Riley is there but he's more of a front office type of guy now rather than a more accessible coach.

lakerfreak
12-07-2011, 06:38 AM
loool kwame's best season at 7.9 and 6.8? Wasn't he ALWAYS at those averages once he "developed" ?

WeGetRing2012
12-07-2011, 06:38 AM
I hope we dont sign Shannon back :confusedshrug: He was the lowest IQ person on the team and its not like the traingle offfense was that difficult to find shots in but he just chucked & chucked & chucked. He is also a pretty bad defender I was mad when we let Sasha go & kept him. In the 2010 playoffs he got torched by Dragic & Ray Allen had his career night because of him. Please take him Miami!!!

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 06:39 AM
loool kwame's best season at 7.9 and 6.8? Wasn't he ALWAYS at those averages once he "developed" ?
Biggest Bust in history.

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 06:43 AM
I'm not doubting their resilience but when that's your core group of veterans I think your in trouble. Let's not forget the 2006 Heat had Shaq, Payton and Alonzo on the team, who all regardless of their age stepped up in big moments during that finals run. Of course that guy Wade was pretty good too but he people he could turn to for advice, I don't really see that with this Heat team. Sure Riley is there but he's more of a front office type of guy now rather than a more accessible coach.
No. The oldies(Bibby, Dampier, Magloire, Howard, Big Z) ain't playing anymore. My team has enough young blood that the Heat is capable of contending for years to come.

Toizumi
12-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Shannon Brown would be a perfect fit in my opinion. Better than Battier even.

Brown would give the Heat some athleticism and speed off the bench. They were really lacking that the past season. The Heat were great when they played in transition, but apart from Wade and James, lacked fast wingplayers that could run and finish on the break. When they took one of these guys out, their offensive gameplan really changed (which makes sense of course).

Battier would add defense and veteran leadership to the team, but the team already had both this past season. He would be a good shooter on the wing, but the team already had a few of those also. Brown is no slouch defensively and showed the ability to hit the outside shot also. Much better fit.

My friend calls Match Barnes, Snitch Barnes because he left Orlando to go to LA (two teams that just met in the finals back then). I don

thejumpa
12-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Yeah, Shannon Brown is a perfect fit for Miami. There are going to be a lot of games play this year and most likely the Big 3's minutes will be monitored closely. They need young, athletic guards that can eat up some minutes and also compliment them perfectly(fastbreaks, cutting, spot up shooting etc.). Just don't let him handle the ball.....

triangleoffense
12-07-2011, 07:06 AM
No. The oldies(Bibby, Dampier, Magloire, Howard, Big Z) ain't playing anymore. My team has enough young blood that the Heat is capable of contending for years to come.
Ok it's obvious you don't actually read posts on these forums. I'll most likely never engage in dialogue with you again.

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Ok it's obvious you don't actually read posts on these forums. I'll most likely never engage in dialogue with you again.

I'm not doubting their resilience but when that's your core group of veterans I think your in trouble.:confusedshrug:

blacknapalm
12-07-2011, 07:30 AM
he's good for transition points but he's a really streaky shooter. i also don't get why people call him good defensively. he has terrible closeout defense on shooters. he basically puts his head down and runs at the shooter's knees, not even really contesting the shot. how a pro is that fundamentally bad is beyond me. when LA got him, i thought he was going to blossom into a pretty good defender. he shows glimpses but he doesn't have the focus to be a good defender. you can't just have the physical tools to be a good defender....you have to have the focus, effort and drive. brown lacks those.

Nick Young
12-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Lol Heat need Shannon's veteran championship experience to help teach Bosh and Lebron to become winners

Nick Young
12-07-2011, 07:35 AM
he's good for transition points but he's a really streaky shooter. i also don't get why people call him good defensively. he has terrible closeout defense on shooters. he basically puts his head down and runs at the shooter's knees, not even really contesting the shot. how a pro is that fundamentally bad is beyond me. he shows glimpses but he doesn't have the focus to be a good defender.
it's like in the sixth sense, people see what they want to see

SpaceJammeR
12-07-2011, 07:47 AM
please no shannon brown. he got some nice dunks but his decision making is terrible.

hopefully they get battier and kwame.

NumberSix
12-07-2011, 07:56 AM
I can see Shannon as a bench PG, but Kwame is a scrub.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2011, 08:19 AM
getting both of those guys would hurt miami

OmniStrife
12-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Joel Anthony > Kwame

comerb
12-07-2011, 08:39 AM
both guys are options for if Dalbert and Battier fall through; I'm not particularly fond of either of them.

Pursuer
12-07-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't see Shannon getting any more minutes in Miami, than he was in L.A. So why the hell should he sign there?

Knicks101
12-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Chucker Brown? That's terrible. Not even a little clever or funny.

HiphopRelated
12-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Dalembert doesn't either being honest

D-Wade316
12-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Dalembert doesn't either being honest
At least he's better in catching the ball. Kwame and Joel are the main endorsers of Butterfingers.

Reverend Hoops
12-07-2011, 12:43 PM
At least he's better in catching the ball. Kwame and Joel are the main endorsers of Butterfingers.

Kwame can guard D12 just as good as anybody in the league IMO. Very solid defender.

HurricaneKid
12-07-2011, 01:20 PM

Too bad. You can't have one for 3-5M. There are a handful of them in the world and none of them are available on the open market at that price. Think of it like this: a chronically injured C making 15M/season who has missed >30 games/yr over the last 5 years is the crown jewel of possible trades for possibly the best player in the league and possibly the best PG in the league.

Besides, they have creators. They need interior defenders. And Kwame fits that role perfectly.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Kwame can guard D12 just as good as anybody in the league IMO. Very solid defender.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=howardw01&p2=brownkw01

idk about as good as anyone in the league

Kurosawa0
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
One thing people forget is that Miami's crunch time lineup is probably going to be Wade, Miller/Battier/Chalmers, LeBron, Bosh and Haslem. Kwame Brown or Dalembert might only play 25 or 30 minutes.

Brown isn't a great center, but he is a legit center. He's not a power forward like Anthony or Haslem and he's not dead like Big Z or Dampier. Kwame would be an upgrade for Miami.

Shannon Brown is very interesting, depending on how much he's paid. Mario Chalmers is far more important, but Shannon Brown would be great for where Miami obviously wants to go. Riley clearly wants to get faster, younger and more athletic. Putting Norris Cole and Shannon Brown out there off the bench would give Miami a very fast and athletic backcourt.

You have to remember this was Miami's lineup for most of last year:

PG: Mike Bibby, Mario Chalmers
SG: Dwyane Wade, Eddie House
SF: LeBron James, James Jones
PF: Chris Bosh, Joel Anthony
C: Big Z, Eric Dampier

If they're able to get some of the names that have been associated with them, this will be their lineup this year:

PG: Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole
SG: Dwyane Wade, Shannon Brown
SF: LeBron James, Mike Miller or Shane Battier
PF: Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem
C: Kwame Brown, Joel Anthony

To me, option two is a much improved team.

r15mohd
12-07-2011, 02:22 PM
good analysis...and definitely, option 2 is a step up from last year.

I would still like to see a lineup, like below, used during the games. Defenses will have a hard time mathcing up to such a line-up. KBrown and Battier are great assets and I do hope they are signed. SBrown is also another option i'd accept if we can squeeze him on pay...he's a good spark off the bench to help out. By Friday we should have some deals, hopefully.

PG: Lebron
SG: Wade
SF: Battier
PF: Bosh
C: Brown/Anthony

All Net
12-07-2011, 06:03 PM
One thing people forget is that Miami's crunch time lineup is probably going to be Wade, Miller/Battier/Chalmers, LeBron, Bosh and Haslem. Kwame Brown or Dalembert might only play 25 or 30 minutes.

Brown isn't a great center, but he is a legit center. He's not a power forward like Anthony or Haslem and he's not dead like Big Z or Dampier. Kwame would be an upgrade for Miami.

Shannon Brown is very interesting, depending on how much he's paid. Mario Chalmers is far more important, but Shannon Brown would be great for where Miami obviously wants to go. Riley clearly wants to get faster, younger and more athletic. Putting Norris Cole and Shannon Brown out there off the bench would give Miami a very fast and athletic backcourt.

You have to remember this was Miami's lineup for most of last year:

PG: Mike Bibby, Mario Chalmers
SG: Dwyane Wade, Eddie House
SF: LeBron James, James Jones
PF: Chris Bosh, Joel Anthony
C: Big Z, Eric Dampier

If they're able to get some of the names that have been associated with them, this will be their lineup this year:

PG: Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole
SG: Dwyane Wade, Shannon Brown
SF: LeBron James, Mike Miller or Shane Battier
PF: Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem
C: Kwame Brown, Joel Anthony

To me, option two is a much improved team.

Question is can they afford Shannon and Battier? if so wow their depth gets alot better but surely they can't.

Kurosawa0
12-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Question is can they afford Shannon and Battier? if so wow their depth gets alot better but surely they can't.

According to Brian Windhorst, using the amnesty on Miller would free up the full mid level and the bi-annual exception.

It really depends on what Battier is willing to take. If T-Mac is going for the minimum would Battier or Shannon Brown take the $2 million bi-annual?

Either way, I'd bet Miami using the amnesty now on Miller and trying to add three players with the bi-annual and splitting the mid level.

All Net
12-07-2011, 06:15 PM
According to Brian Windhorst, using the amnesty on Miller would free up the full mid level and the bi-annual exception.

It really depends on what Battier is willing to take. If T-Mac is going for the minimum would Battier or Shannon Brown take the $2 million bi-annual?

Either way, I'd bet Miami using the amnesty now on Miller and trying to add three players with the bi-annual and splitting the mid level.

Sounds like Miller is gone, makes sense money wise so they can get a good two or 3 players.

Shame for Miller as he was suppose to be the perfect shooter next to the big 3.

That said if they land

Kwame
Shannon
Battier

It's tough seeing anybody beating Miami this season. Depth wise they would be very soild which is all they need. Support for the big 3.

DuMa
12-07-2011, 06:16 PM
another overrated player that the lakers made look better than he is really worth

G-train
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
S. Brown was pretty much out of the league before Phil gave him a niche role.
I wouldn't pay more than $2m for him, and if he wants more then good bye.
He is a 6'3 SG that is athletic and sometimes hits shots.
Might as well play Eddie House IMO if you have to give him more than $2M a season.
I think S. Brown could end up at Clippers or even the Lakers again.
I honestly very much doubt he will be on the Heat.

Kurosawa0
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Sounds like Miller is gone, makes sense money wise so they can get a good two or 3 players.

Shame for Miller as he was suppose to be the perfect shooter next to the big 3.

That said if they land

Kwame
Shannon
Battier

It's tough seeing anybody beating Miami this season. Depth wise they would be very soild which is all they need. Support for the big 3.

Well, they would've been a different team last year with Miller and Haslem healthy. They would've had 6 guys (with Chalmers) that could play. Instead they ended up with James Jones and Joel Anthony for most of the time. They did an adequate job, but Miami obviously is better with Haslem and Miller (really, even just Haslem). If they can replace Miller, have a healthy Haslem and still add two other pieces, they should be heavily favored.

Even after all this, Riley should have a couple of minimums throw to someone like Michael Redd or even give another shot to Mike Bibby.

All Net
12-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Well, they would've been a different team last year with Miller and Haslem healthy. They would've had 6 guys (with Chalmers) that could play. Instead they ended up with James Jones and Joel Anthony for most of the time. They did an adequate job, but Miami obviously is better with Haslem and Miller (really, even just Haslem). If they can replace Miller, have a healthy Haslem and still add two other pieces, they should be heavily favored.

Even after all this, Riley should have a couple of minimums throw to someone like Michael Redd or even give another shot to Mike Bibby.

I suppose their first target will be to get Chalmers signed up...think it's key they get him signed.

I said last year that the best chance to beat Miami was last year otherwise they could run the table for a good few years after that...wouldn't surprise me if it is the case. They just need to keep adding soild role players around the big 3 and thats it they are set.

Babalu
12-07-2011, 06:33 PM
throw in mike brown while were at it to make it a brown trio.

Kurosawa0
12-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I suppose their first target will be to get Chalmers signed up...think it's key they get him signed.

Well, as Bill Simmons would say, you need the irrational confidence guy. Chalmers fits that role completely. That, and Miami played much better with him on the floor than Bibby.

macpierce
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
another overrated player that the lakers made look better than he is really worth
the first intelligent post ive seen this dude make :oldlol:

YAWN
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
If Shannon could get his head on straight he would be a really solid player. As things are now though, he's good for the occasional momentum driving 3 bomb or a fast break dunk.

G-train
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
. That, and Miami played much better with him on the floor than Bibby.

Sometimes.
Other times Chalmers couldn't start ahead of Carlos Arroyo.

HurricaneKid
12-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Give me Battier and Kwame and I'll be perfectly happy. Shannon would be 10 min/game and I'm not overly concerned about him.

Kurosawa0
12-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Sometimes.
Other times Chalmers couldn't start ahead of Carlos Arroyo.

I think Chalmers worked better in the playoffs. Bibby actually has pretty good for them until the playoffs.

pegasus
12-07-2011, 06:52 PM
So they are letting Jones walk, but what about Eddie House? Is he still under contract? I would love it if they let him walk too and sign Shannon Brown. That guy cannot shoot, actually he cannot do anything other than dunk.:lol

Bosh would be the only true shooter on that team, and he doesn't take 3's. I see horrible spacing in the horizon.

RRR3
12-07-2011, 06:53 PM
So they are letting Jones walk, but what about Eddie House? Is he still under contract? I would love it if they let him walk too and sign Shannon Brown. That guy cannot shoot, actually he cannot do anything other than dunk.:lol

Bosh would be the only true shooter on that team, and he doesn't take 3's. I see horrible spacing in the horizon.
Chalmers.

pegasus
12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Chalmers.

Yeah, I forgot about him. He was pretty impressive in the finals. I wouldn't call him a true shooter, but he is a very capable guard. He can actually create, too, if Lebron and Wade would let him touch the ball some.

Miller is a good shooter, too, but I guess he's injured again.

G-train
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Not sure how minimum contracts work in new CBA.
But Heat should offer to Roger Mason, Marquis Daniels, Mbenga.
I'd also be enquiring about Fesenko and Shawne Williams asking price.

G-train
12-07-2011, 07:00 PM
I think Chalmers worked better in the playoffs. Bibby actually has pretty good for them until the playoffs.

He was good in the finals.
Prior to finals he had played 2 maybe 3 decent playoff games.

G-train
12-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Chalmers.

He can hit shots, true shooter might be stretching it.
3/5 of his shots were treys last season. He shot 36% on them, and 39% on shots beyond 10 feet.
So basically Lebron/Wade/Bosh hit him up all season for treys and he didn't really shoot them that well.
If he cant maintain finals form he'll be playing 20 mpg again.

Add to that he was below average defensively last season. But he can get steals.

RRR3
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
He can hit shots, true shooter might be stretching it.
3/5 of his shots were treys last season. He shot 36% on them, and 39% on shots beyond 10 feet.
So basically Lebron/Wade/Bosh hit him up all season for treys and he didn't really shoot them that well.
If he cant maintain finals form he'll be playing 20 mpg again.

Add to that he was below average defensivley last season.
Chalmers is better than he has shown IMO. He hasn't got much of a chance the last year or so. He averaged 10/5 and 2 steals his rookie year he can be a solid role player.

G-train
12-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Chalmers is better than he has shown IMO. He hasn't got much of a chance the last year or so. He averaged 10/5 and 2 steals his rookie year he can be a solid role player.

He hasn't gotten much of a chance due to his own lack of professionalism and inconsistent/poor play in his given opportunities.
If he turns up in shape he will start most likely (I'd say 90% chance). He'll have opportunity, but having watched his whole career I wont be holding my breath for finals productivity.
But I will be glad if he does maintain it.

RRR3
12-07-2011, 07:10 PM
He hasn't gotten much of a chance due to his own lack of professionalism and inconsistent/poor play in his given opportunities.
If he turns up in shape he will start most likely (I'd say 90% chance). He'll have opportunity, but having watched his whole career I wont be holding my breath for finals productivity.
But I will be glad if he does maintain it.
He needs to stop smoking weed. :lol (seriously tho)

G-train
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM
That being said, he knew the starting position was his to lose last season and an opportunity to start with Lebron/Wade/Bosh and he still wasn't prepared for it and failed to seize it. To me thats just almost unbelievable.

G-train
12-07-2011, 07:13 PM
He needs to stop smoking weed. :lol (seriously tho)

I woundn't be surprised if he lost all conditioning and sat around most of the lockout based on the past.

Hopefully not.

drizzy0503
12-07-2011, 07:43 PM

^^QFT

abuC
12-07-2011, 09:54 PM
The Heat needs defense-first players(Battier and Dalembert) who can also create some shots on their own.

The Heat most likely can't afford Dalembert, and Battier might be out of their price range as well.

Dizzle-2k7
12-07-2011, 09:54 PM
heat fans prepare for even more headaches

LA_Showtime
12-07-2011, 10:09 PM
That's fine with me. You aren't getting much in ShanWow, and if you think Kwame Brown (Steven A Smith voice) is gonna be your answer at center then you've got another thing coming. I don't know why Riley doesn't address Miami's front court depth. Dalembert, while an idiot, would be a massive upgrade to the shit they've got now.

DaPerceive
12-07-2011, 10:11 PM
:applause: Great news for Heat Haters.

ballsohard247
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Honestly, I just can't believe Kwame is still in the league.

LA_Showtime
12-07-2011, 10:14 PM

No kidding. Only in the NBA could you be looked at as a massive failure and yet be guaranteed at least a million per season over 12 some years. :oldlol:

ballsohard247
12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
No kidding. Only in the NBA could you be looked at as a massive failure and yet be guaranteed at least a million per season over 12 some years. :oldlol:
He just doesn't bring much to the table yet teams still give him money.:wtf:

DaPerceive
12-07-2011, 10:17 PM
He is a big man. He is still in the league for the same reasons why Jason and Jarron Collins are in the league. If he was a wing player he would have been out of the league a longggggggggggggg time ago.

ballsohard247
12-07-2011, 10:20 PM
He is a big man. He is still in the league for the same reasons why Jason and Jarron Collins are in the league. If he was a wing player he would have been out of the league a longggggggggggggg time ago.
I agree that guys his size are not that common but I can't help but think if he arrived in the early nineties he wouldn't have lasted more than 2 years.

swi7ch
12-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Definitely multiple championships if this happens! :bowdown:

PP34Deuce
12-07-2011, 10:26 PM
I do believe if Heat got "good" Shannon Brown, he would add crazy PG-SG-SF-PF athletiscm to the Heat.

Very streaky, but can hit 3's. 25 and will be flying high for the next 3-4 years. If Spo can discipline him to play defense....you have a guy who can athletically match Rondos,Pauls,Currys.

Shannon was a bad fit for the lakers, he showed potential in Cleveland and Chicago. I honestly think if he can commit to Defense and a 3 ball, mixed with his athelitiscm...you would have a closer at PG who can run with those guys. Scary

longtime lurker
12-07-2011, 10:29 PM
I like that the Heat are looking at Shannon Brown. Young athletic player, that can play off the ball at either guard spot and get the Heat into a running game. Kwame, well.....he's a decent defender but has a horrible offensive game. Heat should take a chance on a younger player.

Mr. Incredible
12-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Neither would be logical choices for the Heat. As above posters have mentioned, these two players would not be beneficial for the Heat. I know Pat has better choices and will do everything he can do get them.