PDA

View Full Version : Hawks to sign Tracy Mcgrady....

All Net
12-07-2011, 04:44 PM
According to ESPN he has agreed to join the Hawks.

DevilsAssassin
12-07-2011, 04:45 PM
that is his 4th team in 3 years

Kurosawa0
12-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Crawford replacement? Hopefully they didn't go the full midlevel.

Bosnian Sajo
12-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh my god why....go to a good team Tracy! Goddammit :facepalm

gasolina
12-07-2011, 04:53 PM
If he starts, they're the first team to have four small forwards in the starting lineup

Reverend Hoops
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Crawford replacement? Hopefully they didn't go the full midlevel.

Vet min

R.I.P.
12-07-2011, 04:59 PM

Because the good teams don

Haymaker
12-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Not bad if he comes from the bench.

Kurosawa0
12-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Vet min

Crazy. You would think Miami, Chicago or Boston would've offered that.

vert48
12-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I guess the Hawks are looking to ensure a mid first round pick in next years draft.

Fatstogie
Too bad i think it woulda been cool for miami. lol Just woulda wanted to see it.

mountainmamba
good luck to him, i really hope he does well again

hawkfan
12-07-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd rather have JC back.
T-Mac is washed up.
But who knows, he may do well with other guys around him opening up shots for him. He will probably get the sixth man JC role. I would rather have Marvin start and get his minutes out of the way.
T-Mac will close out games, unless he has no foot speed for defense.
Too bad we traded away Jordan Crawford and our first round pick this year to get rid of Bibby. Great job David Falk.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2011, 05:33 PM
thats awesome for him, hopefully they move MW now

MeLO MvP 15
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
I doubt it's for the minimum. Stephen A Smith (who broke the story) said that he'd go to Chicago if they matched Atlanta's financial offer. Meaning it's at least the BAE, but probably the MLE (maybe for 2 years).

But for Atlanta I think it's a great move. I loved how he played for Detroit last year and I think for that team it actually makes more sense then re-signing Crawford. It also gives them a lot more flexibility with roster moves and rotations considering TMac can play 1-3.

hawkfan
12-07-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd rather the Hawks would have signed Grant Hill instead.
We could use Hill's ballhandling and passing. T-Mac isn't bad with those, but Hill is better.
Hopefully the Hawks can add Dunleavy to help out at 3 and 4. And we need to add another big - Kwame come back to GA!

DuMa
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
if he can make josh smith stop shooting jumpers and give him alley oops, its worth its weight in gold.

PowerGlove
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
ECF bound this year.

PowerGlove
12-07-2011, 05:48 PM
if he can make josh smith stop shooting jumpers and give him alley oops, its worth its weight in gold.

If any player was Jesus his contract would be worth its weight in gold.:confusedshrug:

guy
12-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I doubt it's for the minimum. Stephen A Smith (who broke the story) said that he'd go to Chicago if they matched Atlanta's financial offer. Meaning it's at least the BAE, but probably the MLE (maybe for 2 years).

But for Atlanta I think it's a great move. I loved how he played for Detroit last year and I think for that team it actually makes more sense then re-signing Crawford. It also gives them a lot more flexibility with roster moves and rotations considering TMac can play 1-3.

If he didn't go cause of finances he's an idiot. He's made like $150 million over his career, has a life-long adidas contract, and he has a much better chance to win (especially get out the 1st round) on the Bulls as well as START on the Bulls. That makes no sense to me so I'm not sure if I believe it. But if it is, as a Bulls fan and T-Mac fan, I'm disappointed.

gasolina
12-07-2011, 06:06 PM
If he didn't go cause of finances he's an idiot. He's made like $150 million over his career, has a life-long adidas contract, and he has a much better chance to win (especially get out the 1st round) on the Bulls as well as START on the Bulls. That makes no sense to me so I'm not sure if I believe it. But if it is, as a Bulls fan and T-Mac fan, I'm disappointed.
Maybe the bulls didn't want him? Tmacs been lobbying for the bulls since the trade deadline.

Hopefully he revives his career, and we get a new tmac shoe with pure motion, sprintskin, sprint frame

guy
12-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Maybe the bulls didn't want him? Tmacs been lobbying for the bulls since the trade deadline.

Hopefully he revives his career, and we get a new tmac shoe with pure motion, sprintskin, sprint frame

Well apparently Stephen A Smith said that he would've went to the Bulls if they matched it. I thought thats implying that they did offer something.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2011, 06:22 PM
good now the bulls can go after vince or jrich :oldlol:

Kurosawa0
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
good now the bulls can go after vince or jrich :oldlol:

Jason Richarson? Yes. Vince Carter? No.

NewYorkNoPicks
12-07-2011, 06:32 PM

tells you what kind of person he is. Still concerned with personal glory rather than a team accomplishment like a ring. But then again i cant blame him for trying to prove it to himself that he can do it one more time.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Jason Richarson? Yes. Vince Carter? No.

:oldlol: as if one is much better than the other

Rowe
12-07-2011, 06:42 PM
I'd rather the Hawks would have signed Grant Hill instead.
We could use Hill's ballhandling and passing. T-Mac isn't bad with those, but Hill is better.
Hopefully the Hawks can add Dunleavy to help out at 3 and 4. And we need to add another big - Kwame come back to GA!

No. You really cant be serious.

There are only 2 better ballhandlers over 6'8 in NBA history than T-Mac and they are named Magic & LeBron. His assist numbers dont reflect how good of a passer he was considering he was forced into being a "scorer" with terrible teammates for much of his career.

disel
12-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Tmac is a much, much better playmaker then Hill .Hawkfan is retarted

Rowe
12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
tells you what kind of person he is. Still concerned with personal glory rather than a team accomplishment like a ring. But then again i cant blame him for trying to prove it to himself that he can do it one more time.

This is a good move.

This is Year 2 of him proving he can still play in the NBA. Obviously his time in Detroit on a losing team wasnt enough to convince people that he can still be effective. He claims his knee is back to what it was before his last surgery in Houston and he is in good shape. This puts him in the mix on a Playoff team thats going to be a 4th or 5th seed in the East.

disel
12-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Tmac more then proved he is still an NBA player calibare baller. Infact during a stretch he averaged 13 points 9 boards 8 assists for a whole month.He wasnt even looking for his shot at all last season. His primary role was to get open looks for others.

In Atlanta he'll be a more assertive scorer while still getting others open looks.

longtime lurker
12-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Pretty inconsequential. A perfect team for t-mac where he won't have too much pressure on hum and don't mind losing the first round. Hawks need to pick up a center in the worst way. Its funny how bad their management is, keep Joe Johnson and then trade away jordan crawford and a first rounder.

spiegel
12-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Even last season McGrady was drawing a ton of open looks and double teams just because of his immense bball IQ. 14 points 5 boards 4 assists as the 6th man this season. book it.

thejumpa
12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Steal of the year. It's a perfect situation for him as he is not pressured to score a bunch of points and can still play a bit of 1 off the bench. Not to mention he's a great fit for the 2 or 3. Definitely will be streaming a lot of Hawks games this year.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Pretty inconsequential. A perfect team for t-mac where he won't have too much pressure on hum and don't mind losing the first round. Hawks need to pick up a center in the worst way. Its funny how bad their management is, keep Joe Johnson and then trade away jordan crawford and a first rounder.
why aren't the hawks going after chandler?

kirk
jj
smith
horford
chandler

with tmac marvin williams, teague and zaza off the bench looks feasible

Rowe
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Tmac more then proved he is still an NBA player calibare baller. Infact during a stretch he averaged 13 points 9 boards 8 assists for a whole month.He wasnt even looking for his shot at all last season. His primary role was to get open looks for others.

In Atlanta he'll be a more assertive scorer while still getting others open looks.

I feel the same way. Only problem is not everybody thinks he can be a "good player" since he is no longer a superstar talent.

He definetly still can be a good player. Atlanta gives him a chance to show that since nobody was paying attention to Detroit, they just looked at his statline and thought "lol T-Mac washed up ahahaha he cant drop 20 no more". When really he was their 2nd best player last season.:confusedshrug:

Rowe
12-07-2011, 07:00 PM

kirk
jj
smith
horford
chandler

They cant afford him.

Dallas would probably love to S&T him to Atlanta for J-Smoove tho.

Euroleague
12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
What a waste of huge talent this douche bag turned out to be.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2011, 07:03 PM
What a waste of huge talent this douche bag turned out to be.
is this the douche bag you are talking about?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/Tracy_McGrady.jpg
:oldlol: sorry euroleague, couldn't resist

Euroleague
12-07-2011, 07:03 PM
No. You really cant be serious.

There are only 2 better ballhandlers over 6'8 in NBA history than T-Mac and they are named Magic & LeBron. His assist numbers dont reflect how good of a passer he was considering he was forced into being a "scorer" with terrible teammates for much of his career.

So Bird wasn't a better ball handler than McGrady?

Rowe
12-07-2011, 07:10 PM
No.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
is that a serious question
?

longtime lurker
12-07-2011, 07:25 PM

kirk
jj
smith
horford
chandler

They can't afford Chandler. Atlanta would actually be a good landing spot for Dwight Howard if it wasn't for all their bloated contracts.

Reverend Hoops
12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
They can't afford Chandler. Atlanta would actually be a good landing spot for Dwight Howard if it wasn't for all their bloated contracts.

Horf + picks for D12

PG-Teague/Hinrich
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Tracy McGrady
PF- Josh Smith
C- Dwight Howard

CHAMPIONSHIP:applause:

hawkfan
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM
How to get Dwight Howard back to Atlanta:

1. Don't resign JC (which is happening).
2. Amnesty Marvin Williams.
3. Don't re-sign Kirk Hinrich.
4. Sign and trade of picks for Dwight Howard.
5. Pray a lot (because it's not going to happen).

But realistically, for Howard, playing alongside Smith and Horford would make his life so much easier. He's never played with two guys like that, Horford who is a banger and rebounder, while Smith is an excellent help defender.

Someone give me some green, so I can get out of the red! Thanks!

MeLO MvP 15
12-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Damn the NBA Store already has his jersey on sale, damn it's actually sick (as weird as it is to see him in another new jersey)...

http://store.nba.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mcgrady&origkw=mcgrady&f=Taxonomy/NBA/2836124&sr=1 (http://twitpic.com/2j8bo3)

not my joke, someone posted this here last year I think

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-07-2011, 08:05 PM
downgrade from jamal for the hawks..

Kobe 4 The Win
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
What, Bernard King wasnt available?

RRR3
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Even though T-Mac is my favorite player, got to admit this is pretty funny. :oldlol:

disel
12-07-2011, 08:08 PM
That was funny before last season when he played 76 games.Fat marshmellow fans are lame

Euroleague
12-07-2011, 08:10 PM
That was funny before last season when he played 76 games.Fat marshmellow fans are lame

Hi Tracy.

disel
Scoring? yes. Rebounding, bball iq,vet leadership, playmaking, passing and defense hell no! There is more to basketball then just scoring. i guess marshmellow fans dont understand that.

Euroleague
is that a serious question
?

So how old are you? About 12?

disel
12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi Tracy.
lol wtf, i just told him the truth. clown

disel
12-07-2011, 08:12 PM
You worry about the declining diva kobe first.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Scoring? yes. Rebounding, bball iq,vet leadership, playmaking, passing and defense hell no! There is more to basketball then just scorinmg. i guess marshmellow fans dont understand that.

:roll:

McGrady isn't close to Crawford anymore. McGrady is a better playmaker then Crawford? :facepalm this is the 2012 McGrady and as for defense McGrady isn't quick enough to guard nba two's like crawford can. This is an obvious downgrade for Atlanta.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Prime T-Mac was a god. Current T-Mac is dunzo. It happens to everybody eventually.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Prime T-Mac was a god. Current T-Mac is dunzo. It happens to everybody eventually.

That's what I'm saying. I guess people get caught up in the name

mattvNJ
12-07-2011, 08:21 PM
idk so much hate for tracy... he showed he can still contribute last season. Nice pick up for any team. and go blow spanoulis eurloeague.

Reverend Hoops
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM

McGrady isn't close to Crawford anymore. McGrady is a better playmaker then Crawford? :facepalm this is the 2012 McGrady and as for defense McGrady isn't quick enough to guard nba two's like crawford can. This is an obvious downgrade for Atlanta.

Have you seen Jamal play for the Hawks? The only thing he is good for is getting hot once every 20 games. When he is cold he is worthless.

Glide2keva
12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Great move Atlanta, that keeps him from the Bulls which makes me soooooo happy.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
You worry about the declining diva kobe first.

Kobe might start declining after 15 or 16 years......might. He had a long run of being at the top of the food chain and he's got the hardware to prove it. T-Wack's prime lasted about 5 minutes. Dude was washed up at 29 years old. lol

d.bball.guy
12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Good luck, TMac. I hope he can rejuvenate his career or at least contribute well in Atlanta.

hawkfan
12-07-2011, 08:38 PM

Plus 1.

swi7ch
12-07-2011, 08:40 PM

tracy doesn't care about winning at this point. he just wants to prove to everyone that he's healthy. the hawks will give him playing time that he wants.

Hotlantadude81
12-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Crazy. You would think Miami, Chicago or Boston would've offered that.

He's not any good. That's why.

Hotlantadude81
12-07-2011, 08:48 PM
ECF bound this year.

lol. Lay the crack pipe down.

coin24
12-07-2011, 08:58 PM
After watching him play last year, he still has a fair bit of game left:pimp:

Id rather see him go out and play every night, than latch onto a contender and play 10 min off the bench..

PowerGlove
12-07-2011, 09:06 PM
lol. Lay the crack pipe down.
:oldlol:

longtime lurker
12-07-2011, 09:13 PM
How to get Dwight Howard back to Atlanta:

1. Don't resign JC (which is happening).
2. Amnesty Marvin Williams.
3. Don't re-sign Kirk Hinrich.
4. Sign and trade of picks for Dwight Howard.
5. Pray a lot (because it's not going to happen).

But realistically, for Howard, playing alongside Smith and Horford would make his life so much easier. He's never played with two guys like that, Horford who is a banger and rebounder, while Smith is an excellent help defender.

Someone give me some green, so I can get out of the red! Thanks!

Even if they amnesty Marvin Williams and let Hinrich go the Hawks will still be on the hook for 54 million. The contract of Joe Johnson is definitely paying it's dividends :lol

Duncan21formvp
12-07-2011, 09:19 PM
He's not any good. That's why.
He is Better than most.

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2011, 09:48 PM

Wait a second, are you implying that Crawford can guard 2's? He's as bad a defender as there is in the league.

T-Mac isn't that much of a downgrade, and considering the difference in salary it's a pretty good deal.

Duncan21formvp
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Wait a second, are you implying that Crawford can guard 2's? He's as bad a defender as there is in the league.

T-Mac isn't that much of a downgrade, and considering the difference in salary it's a pretty good deal.
:cheers:

disel
12-07-2011, 11:12 PM

Wow you're dumb. They had McGrady playing POINT GUARD IN DETROITE YOU imbesile.He is still an very good playmaker and light years ahead of Crawford. Wow you are stupid!

Rowe
12-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Damn the NBA Store already has his jersey on sale, damn it's actually sick (as weird as it is to see him in another new jersey)...

http://store.nba.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mcgrady&origkw=mcgrady&f=Taxonomy/NBA/2836124&sr=1 (http://twitpic.com/2j8bo3)

not my joke, someone posted this here last year I think

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

disel
12-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Kobe might start declining after 15 or 16 years......might. He had a long run of being at the top of the food chain and he's got the hardware to prove it. T-Wack's prime lasted about 5 minutes. Dude was washed up at 29 years old. lol
Did you know tmac had a scelorises disease that pretty much had most coaches and doctors saying he wouldnt be in the league for more then 4 years? Then the knee and the back injuries happened. Anyone with that kind of bad luck would have declined.

spiegel
12-07-2011, 11:19 PM

Did you call Crawford a better playmaker then Tmac with a straight face? :facepalm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Scholar
12-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Aw, man. I wish McGrady the best, but his golden days have been done for a long time. I'm guessing he'll be retiring in a couple seasons or so.

ronnymac
12-07-2011, 11:22 PM

Even a one leg hobbling mac is a farrrr better playmaker then a chucker like JC.as for defense, go watch him last season and he was actually a solid defender.

Lucifer
12-07-2011, 11:25 PM
7/2/2 off the bench on 18 minutes play. he's back!

Kobe 4 The Win
12-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Did you know tmac had a scelorises disease that pretty much had most coaches and doctors saying he wouldnt be in the league for more then 4 years? Then the knee and the back injuries happened. Anyone with that kind of bad luck would have declined.

Excuses.

Hotlantadude81
12-08-2011, 06:21 AM
He is Better than most.

Obviously nobody else wanted the guy. I mean, he signed with the Hawks for the league min... Tells you he didn't have many offers on the table. The Hawks are on their way down and are capped out and have little talent. I seriously doubt he is expecting a deep playoff run. Nobody else was interested.

Hotlantadude81
12-08-2011, 06:24 AM
Even a one leg hobbling mac is a farrrr better playmaker then a chucker like JC.as for defense, go watch him last season and he was actually a solid defender.

The hawks were 26th in in the league in scoring and 9th in PPG given up. The Hawks might move closer to the 30th ranked offense this season. They have a huge lack of talent on their roster. They couldn't afford to give up scoring.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-08-2011, 06:44 AM
7/2/2 off the bench on 18 minutes play. he's back!

That's what I'm saying!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-08-2011, 06:46 AM

Oh yeah I watched him and his 8 ppg last season :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViOiG47OpNQ

lol McGrady isn't doing any of that anymore ^^ :lol

Nash
12-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Miami should sign Tracy and Carter and just go chill in Toronto for a few days with Bosh in the team too.. :lol

hawkfan
12-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Did you call Crawford a better playmaker then Tmac with a straight face? :facepalm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Absolutely, Jamal Crawford is right now a better playmaker than Tracy McGrady.

JC had to shoot more because his teammates told him to. He actually has become a pretty good quarterback at point guard. Some guys take longer. Jason Terry has turned into a pretty good one now, while when he was in Atlanta he wasn't.

hawkfan
12-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Obviously nobody else wanted the guy. I mean, he signed with the Hawks for the league min... Tells you he didn't have many offers on the table. The Hawks are on their way down and are capped out and have little talent. I seriously doubt he is expecting a deep playoff run. Nobody else was interested.

Nice profile picture. Who is that?

hawkfan
12-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Hopefully the Hawks can sign Mike Dunleavy and another big.
Earl Watson, Tracy McGrady, Mike Dunleavy, and hopefully a Dan Gadzuric or Kwame Brown. Bench will be real old.

hawkfan
12-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Plus 1.

Someone gave me neg rep for this comment.
Very lame.

J-Futuristic
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
If Larry Drew was smart he would make Marvin and T-mac compete for that starting SF spot. Marvin's fat ass has been getting way too comfortable with us.

And Maybe T-Mac can finally help us put more fans in the seat. :oldlol:

hawkfan
12-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Rumours of a Jamal Crawford to Chicago in a sign and trade for some combination of wings - Korver, Brewer.

Just rumours right now.

spiegel
12-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Why are the Hawks collecting all these SF's?

hawkfan
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Why are the Hawks collecting all these SF's?

Marvin Williams will probably get amnestied or traded, and then the Hawks will look to trade Joe Johnson next year.

T-Mac is one year tryout - who knows if he has anything left in the tank.
Korver would be great as a shooter.
Brewer is athletic.

Or these guys could get swapped out again down the line.

Who knows.

D-Rose
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Unless one of the top contenders didn't want him, I don't see why McGrady signed with a team with no chance of winning a title.

hawkfan
12-08-2011, 12:19 PM
If the Hawks can get Brewer and Korver from Chicago, sign T-Mac and then Watson, maybe the Hawks can do something bold like a sign and trade of Kirk Hinrich for David West.

West, Horford, Smith would be very tough up front.

UtahJazzFan88
12-08-2011, 12:23 PM
McGrady is a solid replacement IMO. If they get Brewer or Korver, I think its a good deal.

Duncan21formvp
12-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Unless one of the top contenders didn't want him, I don't see why McGrady signed with a team with no chance of winning a title.
It's all about just having a chance to get out of round 1 now.

Pra
12-08-2011, 02:16 PM

Maybe he's just trying to raise his stock up, I mean for the vet min for a year... that may give him time to prove his worth. He's been saying he's feeling close to or 100% now... if he can go out and redeem himself this season(not that he did bad on detriot he just isn't the orlando/rockets tmac obviously) next season he could probably receive a MLE from a higher tier contender. Just going to have to wait and see I geuss :eek: