PDA

View Full Version : America was founded by terrorist? discuss.

LBJMVP
12-07-2011, 08:39 PM
when you salute the washington national monument your saluting terrorism?

what do you think?

technically yes, our forefathers were terrorist. some of them stole and destroyed british goods. some citizens beat, and killed british officials and loyalist. and then we began an uprising against britian.

so should we really be so hard on violent uprising in the middle east?

kentatm
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
at the time we were considered pretty barbaric for having the nerve to use guerrilla tactics, hiding behind cover when being shot at, and attacking loyalist civilians.

The abolitionist John Brown murdered people, incited slave rebellion, and wrote in his own biography that he was using terror to change the course of the nation.

The KKK murdered and terrorized thousands of blacks, Hispanics, sympathetic whites, and just about anyone else they saw as a threat to their bastardized version of Christianity laced with white superiority from the Civil War to modern times.

US history is awash with what the media, politicians, and the populace at large would define as terrorism if it were happening in a Middle Eastern society.

Riddler
12-07-2011, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bPiM0fkqSo
George Carlin Slave-Owners who wanted to be free!

Rnbizzle
12-07-2011, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTULR-WS5Yw

Listen to this and it'll all make sense.

Nah it won't but it's a great, great song..

LBJMVP
12-07-2011, 09:18 PM

yes the KKK was definitely a terrorist group.
"now if a Muslim woman strapped with a bomb on a bus
with the seconds running give you the jitters?
just imagine a American-based Christian organization planning to poison water supplies to bring the
second-coming quicker"

my main point is... in the 1700s we were pissed off at England for the way we treated them so much that were killed them, stole and destroyed there stuff, ect....

so, there is a reason why there is a terrorism goin in on in the middle east. just ask yourself Why are they so pissed.

our government just shouldn't give a f*ck about what is goin on over there.

Solidape
12-08-2011, 01:21 AM
when you salute the washington national monument your saluting terrorism?

what do you think?

technically yes, our forefathers were terrorist. some of them stole and destroyed british goods. some citizens beat, and killed british officials and loyalist. and then we began an uprising against britian.

so should we really be so hard on violent uprising in the middle east?

Long story short, the answer is yes, but short story long the answer is no.

Basically to the victor goes the spoils and he who controls the education controls the story, blah blah blah.

If Germany won WW2, you can rest assured who would be the bad guy in all the movies and who would be the good guy.

Hope that helps.

sick_brah07
12-08-2011, 01:26 AM
you got this mixed up man, terrorist = muslim (it sounds stupid but its true, well not true but thats how its looked at by the general public) if people were labbled terrorist for the actual definition then pretty much every country would have terrorist or would have been terrorist at one time or another

Patrick Bateman
12-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Don't you know anything about Sri Lanka? About how the Sikhs are killing like tons of Israelis over there?

Scholar
12-08-2011, 03:50 AM
you got this mixed up man, terrorist = muslim (it sounds stupid but its true, well not true but thats how its looked at by the general public) if people were labbled terrorist for the actual definition then pretty much every country would have terrorist or would have been terrorist at one time or another

:facepalm Are you serious?
So with your logic, all stereotypes will fit all backgrounds, right?
I guess Jews will be cheap, Catholics are child molesters, Christians are...
Whatever. You get the picture, right?
Instead of perpetuating stereotypes, why not try to understand that just because the media labels a particular group "terrorists" doesn't mean it's true.

andgar923
12-08-2011, 04:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bPiM0fkqSo
George Carlin Slave-Owners who wanted to be free!

I was gonna mention the Native American genocide, but George said it better.

Jello
12-08-2011, 06:27 AM
No they weren't terrorists. Terrorists target civilians and that would be pretty stupid to target your fellow colonists.

N0Skillz
12-08-2011, 06:38 AM
No they weren't terrorists. Terrorists target civilians and that would be pretty stupid to target your fellow colonists.

Only 20% of the population at that time wanted to revolt, so they were attacking the other 80%

Jello
12-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Only 20% of the population at that time wanted to revolt, so they were attacking the other 80%
Yes, they did tar and feather loyalists, but to obfuscate the term terrorism and then apply it to something like 9/11 and Boston Tea Party has only the purpose of propaganda.

ALBballer
12-08-2011, 09:22 AM
One man's freedom figher is another man's terrorist.

/thread

Ass Dan
12-08-2011, 01:09 PM
the underdog in any conflict needs to resort to guerrilla tactics in order to win. the US couldn't have taken down the British in those days with conventional warfare.

joe
12-08-2011, 03:00 PM
I think he's saying that we have to look at the reasons why terrorists attack us. Just like how the Revolutionists didn't like the way Britain was treating them, people in the Middle East don't like how the current US treats them.

LBJMVP
12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I think he's saying that we have to look at the reasons why terrorists attack us. Just like how the Revolutionists didn't like the way Britain was treating them, people in the Middle East don't like how the current US treats them.

yup. there is a reason american's resorted to terrorism tactics and there is a reason people in the the middle east are as well.

Jello
12-08-2011, 03:46 PM
One man's freedom figher is another man's terrorist.

/thread
What a stupid phrase which only points out that the same action of terrorism can mean different things to different people. this would be fine but that isn't all there is to it. You are obfuscating terrorism and using a romantic definition in one situation and using a less favorable one in another which plays right into the hands of propaganda. A freedom fighter and terrorist mean totally different things and are mutually exclusive.

KevinNYC
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
It's more accurate to say they were revolutionaries.

Terrorists for the most part are too weak to begin a rebellion. Also their aim is to terrorize the populace. Does anyone have any knowledge of terrorism in the modern sense like planned attacks to scare the colonial loyalists.

LBJMVP
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM
It's more accurate to say they were revolutionaries.

Terrorists for the most part are too weak to begin a rebellion. Also their aim is to terrorize the populace. Does anyone have any knowledge of terrorism in the modern sense like planned attacks to scare the colonial loyalists.

they planned the boston tea party

they also would take loyalist cover them in tar and throw feathers on them.
even kill them sometimes.

East_Stone_Ya
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM

this song even better :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI1fCMmir1Y

[Verse 1]
Hustlin's in my blood my father's name is Britain
His history consisted of robbery killin' and pimpin
Filthy rich and the biggest killer that you ever seen
Once I'm older I'm takin' over ima be king
I was locked up in jail when he got the new land
Opened his cells I guess that's how the story began
First mission was to clear it out and claim it as mine
Indigenous people were peaceful it took no time
Great grandmother Africa was blind and disabled