PDA

View Full Version : NBA Announces Rule Changes for the 2011-12 season!

Babalu
12-08-2011, 02:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7329584/nba-alters-emphasis-shooting-fouls-2011-12

[QUOTE]NBA vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson confirmed Wednesday that several new rule interpretations will be a point of emphasis for the league's referees when the regular season begins on Dec. 25.

"Rip-through" moves, in which an offensive player swings the ball into a defender's outstretched arm and then attempts a shot once he has created contact, will be considered non-shooting fouls if the contact begins before the offensive player starts his shooting motion.

Also, on drives to the basket, a shooting foul will be called only if contact occurs after the offensive player has begun his shooting motion, not after he has initiated his leap toward the basket.

"Certain types of contact involving the shooter were all being called in his favor," Jackson said. "It doesn't look good for the game. There was a strong feeling that those types of plays were creating an ill-advised reward for the shooter, often with three free throws."

The league will also make traveling in the post and on the perimeter a point of emphasis, with a player hopping off of and landing on the same foot viewed as an automatic violation. Referees will also consider locking or clamping an opponent's arm or hand under the basket while battling for a rebound and discontinued or hesitation dribbles as automatic violations.

Several rule changes will also be introduced, most to shorten the overall length of games and speed up the final minutes of a contest:

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Great! Looks like NBA is finally cutting back on the cheap crap wing players are doing right now. Rip through like Durant/Dirk and the jumping into defenders like Wade is no longer going to be shooting foul. Thank God.

eliteballer
12-08-2011, 02:57 AM
"Rip-through" moves, in which an offensive player swings the ball into a defender's outstretched arm and then attempts a shot once he has created contact, will be considered non-shooting fouls if the contact begins before the offensive player starts his shooting motion.

Also, on drives to the basket, a shooting foul will be called only if contact occurs after the offensive player has begun his shooting motion, not after he has initiated his leap toward the basket.

How will Wade score?:pimp:

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 02:59 AM

I expect a lot of technical fouls for Wade crying to refs this year. Nothing pisses me off more than when he forces the contact and jumps into a defender and gets a shooting foul. The rip through Durant move is only slightly less annoying to watch.

Bladers
12-08-2011, 02:59 AM

I guess you didn't read the minority report?

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Referees also will be hyper-vigilant about defenders making contact with offensive players when they're in the air and fully extended attempting to score. In most cases, expect that kind of foul to draw a Flagrant Level 2, which is two free throws, possession of the ball and the defender being ejected.

"That type of contact was a trend last season and it's really dangerous," Jackson said.

Haha. Teams no longer are going to intentionally take Griffin out so much :applause:. This is definitely the Blake Griffin rule. League trying to protect it's young stars.

chazzy
12-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Nice, I like all of these. I'm surprised it took this long to add the shotclock tenths.

D-Wade316
12-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Look at the hate flowing from the haters :pimp:

chazzy
12-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Referees also will be hyper-vigilant about defenders making contact with offensive players when they're in the air and fully extended attempting to score. In most cases, expect that kind of foul to draw a Flagrant Level 2, which is two free throws, possession of the ball and the defender being ejected.

"That type of contact was a trend last season and it's really dangerous," Jackson said.

Haha. Teams no longer are going to intentionally take Griffin out so much :applause:. This is definitely the Blake Griffin rule. League trying to protect it's young stars.
Nah that's the Bynum rule

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 03:08 AM
This is awesome for Blake Griffin/Dwight Howard. Guys who get hit with a lot of hard fouls midair because people don't want to get dunked on. Now they will all be getting assessed flagrant 2 foul calls. Good job Stern! Also love them taking away shooting fouls from cheap moves by wing players.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Nah that's the Bynum rule

Haha touche. It's both of their rule. The rule is to protect players from Bynum AND to protect Griffin from guys like Bynum who bust their as* midair. This rule should extend Blake's career a few years.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-08-2011, 03:14 AM
How is D-whistle gonna play now?

dunksby
12-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Good, now haters wont have any excuse when Durant goes 40+ on their ass.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 03:15 AM
Good, now haters wont have any excuse when Durant goes 40+ on their ass.

Well defenses are going to be allowed to do more. Doesn't mean Durant isn't best scorer in game. Just means he will have to adapt a little bit.

Pointguard
12-08-2011, 03:22 AM
"Certain types of contact involving the shooter were all being called in his favor," Jackson said. "It doesn't look good for the game. There was a strong feeling that those types of plays were creating an ill-advised reward for the shooter, often with three free throws."
:confusedshrug:

PJR
12-08-2011, 03:23 AM
These altered rules will not be enforced on superstars. You can bet your ass on that. :oldlol:

32Dayz
12-08-2011, 03:26 AM
I dont really get it.

Fouls will be called exactly the same.

They are saying they wont call shooting fouls on players who drive to the hoop but aren't in a shooting motion when fouled.

But they never call shooting fouls on a player unless he is making a shooting motion.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 03:28 AM
I dont really get it.

They are saying they wont call shooting fouls on players who drive to the hoop but aren't in a shooting motion when fouled.

But they never call shooting fouls on a player unless he is making a shooting motion.

Not true. Wing players get shooting fouls for pretty much everything. If you jump straight up in the air yet pass at last second and get fouled without ever having went into shooting motion.. refs call that a shooting foul which is improper.

Pushxx
12-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Solid changes. There will be fewer cheesy moves to get fouls. Also a slightly faster pace to games can never be a bad thing.

PleezeBelieve
12-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Now we know why Wade got so upset with Stern during the lockout negotiations.

Pointguard
12-08-2011, 04:37 AM
I dont really get it.

From what I get, there is no more one or two steps for an "and one." If you are on your first step for a layup and your palms are facing down - you take the ball out on the baseline. People are going to foul early on fast breaks. Players will likely foul Derrick Rose before he humiliates them on the break. The thing I don't like is that players with good moves, Blake Griffin too, will likely be fouled once they beat their first defender. Hopefully, it won't be called tight.

Did I misinterpret that?

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Now we know why Wade got so upset with Stern during the lockout negotiations.

Somebody REALLY needs to make a painting for that thread.. of Wade yelling at Stern during the meeting. Would rep everybody who attempts that painting!

Basketball Dirk
12-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Great! Looks like NBA is finally cutting back on the cheap crap wing players are doing right now. Rip through like Durant/Dirk and the jumping into defenders like Wade is no longer going to be shooting foul. Thank God.

I've never seen Dirk do the rip move.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 04:51 AM
I've never seen Dirk do the rip move.

True. Only seen once or twice so not fair to include him. Durant rip through is different than one I've seen Dirk do a couple times.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Somebody REALLY needs to make a painting for that thread.. of Wade yelling at Stern during the meeting. Would rep everybody who attempts that painting!
Lmfao I've been waiting for a request on the ms paint thread. Might just try it!

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Lmfao I've been waiting for a request on the ms paint thread. Might just try it!

Dude PLEASE. Do Wade and KG yelling at Stern!

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Ive already done kg yelling at stern. But ill add him for sure I guess.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Ive already done kg yelling at stern. But ill add him for sure I guess.

Haha oh sh**. Show me KG one?

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Obviously has other people's work

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/mariochalmers/kg-1.jpg

Rest of my collection:
http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/mariochalmers/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

YAWN
12-08-2011, 05:02 AM
From what I get, there is no more one or two steps for an "and one." If you are on your first step for a layup and your palms are facing down - you take the ball out on the baseline. People are going to foul early on fast breaks. Players will likely foul Derrick Rose before he humiliates them on the break. The thing I don't like is that players with good moves, Blake Griffin too, will likely be fouled once they beat their first defender. Hopefully, it won't be called tight.

Did I misinterpret that?

I read it that way too.. Interested to hear them elaborate on what this means exactly.

I.R.Beast
12-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Im loving the new continuaton rule....The old rules sucked....No more listening for a whistle and then throwing up some BS shot attempt.

pauk
12-08-2011, 05:14 AM

there goes Durants career...

Lebron23
12-08-2011, 05:18 AM
there goes Durants career...

Wade and LeBron now has a huge chance of winning their second scoring title. I expect the Heat to play more uptempo offense if they ever acquire Shannon and Kwame Brown. Showtime Lakers was the last run and gun team to win an NBA title, but they were also an elite defensive team.

I.R.Beast
12-08-2011, 05:19 AM
The league will also make traveling in the post and on the perimeter a point of emphasis, with a player hopping off of and landing on the same foot viewed as an automatic violation. Referees will also consider locking or clamping an opponent's arm or hand under the basket while battling for a rebound and discontinued or hesitation dribbles as automatic violations.

Guess the officials watched film of Dwight howard last season...He travels every time he does his hook.

I.R.Beast
12-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Wade and LeBron now has a huge chance of winning their second scoring title. I expect the Heat to play more uptempo offense if they ever acquire Shannon and Kwame Brown.

not necessarily.....they draw allow of CONTACT prior to shot attempt fouls...so look for their freethrows to do gown too

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Wade and LeBron now has a huge chance of winning their second scoring title. I expect the Heat to play more uptempo offense if they ever acquire Shannon and Kwame Brown. Showtime Lakers was the last run and gun team to win an NBA title, but they were also an elite defensive team.
Dwyane wade is a frequent user of the jump into contact move. But not frequently enough to affect anything.. maybe once every 2-3 games.

Lebron23
12-08-2011, 05:26 AM
not necessarily.....they draw allow of CONTACT prior to shot attempt fouls...so look for their freethrows to do gown too

I kinda like it. LBJ and Wade needs to attack the Basket with authority.

I.R.Beast
12-08-2011, 05:35 AM
I kinda like it. LBJ and Wade needs to attack the Basket with authority.
All in all i think this helps the players. Now guys are gonna have to go back to driving with the intention of scoring as opposed to driving with the intention of drawing a whistle

Fiasco
12-08-2011, 05:38 AM
They need to fix their stupid "no emotion allowed whatsoever" rule. Shit was completely retarded last year.

Lebron23
12-08-2011, 05:43 AM
All in all i think this helps the players. Now guys are gonna have to go back to driving with the intention of scoring as opposed to driving with the intention of drawing a whistle

I agree. Those Cheap Fouls, and unnecessary Free Throws also slowed down the game.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 05:47 AM
They need to fix their stupid "no emotion allowed whatsoever" rule. Shit was completely retarded last year.

I agree. There were some ridiculous ones. Specially early in the year.

shootingcomets
12-08-2011, 06:38 AM
any changes to the rules, especially ones that affect how referees call the game are hugely significant.

remember the "no hand check" rule a few years back resulted in a huge boom in effectiveness of perimeter players. Before that players like JJ Berea will probably just get beat up on the court and wouldnt stand a chance.

off top of my head i can think of 3 players that these new rules will affect immediately.

"rip through" kobe, durant
"pump fake and bump" wade

Players that are "not" affected by this rule:
Post players with good fundamentals = no one

Overall i'd expect a general decline in scoring in the short term which would make early season games all the more ugly

Really I'd think there'll be more love for topics like this instead of the millions of kobe lebron threads

Clutch
12-08-2011, 09:59 AM
LeBrick,D-Whistle and Durant on suicide watch :lol

Blue&Orange
12-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Wade and LeBron now has a huge chance of winning their second scoring title
Gotta love the delusional stans.

IF the new rules are applied correctly by the refs Lebron and Wade just saw their chances diminish... by how much and if it will matter i don't know, but anyone with a brain, can see it affects them.

Saying that they now have a huge chance is so unbelievable retarded... what happened to the "it's gonna be so easy", "not one, not two but eight"? Lebron Wade and Bosh team up but it's only now that the rules were changed that they have a HUGE chance.... :lol

Lebron23
12-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Gotta love the delusional stans.

IF the new rules are applied correctly by the refs Lebron and Wade just saw their chances diminish... by how much and if it will matter i don't know, but anyone with a brain, can see it affects them.

Saying that they now have a huge chance is so unbelievable retarded... what happened to the "it's gonna be so easy", "not one, not two but eight"? Lebron Wade and Bosh team up but it's only now that the rules were changed that they have a HUGE chance.... :lol

Even in FIBA Rules LeBron and Wade put up better numbers than Kobrick Bryant. They don't need the referees. LBJ and Wade are capable to adjust to the new NBA Rules.

KenneBell
12-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Even in FIBA Rules LeBron and Wade put up better numbers than Kobrick Bryant. They don't need the referees. LBJ and Wade are capable to adjust to the new NBA Rules.
Yeah, its not like Kobe had played for year straight with no breaks. LOL at judging anything off of FIBA play. :roll:

Clutch
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Also obvious flops (like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLq-UVW8z4)) should be punished with the technical.

I can't believe they aren't going to anything about it because flopping is getting out of control.

Lebron23
12-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Good Article about the Rip Move

Kevin Durant may be the nicest superstar in the NBA, and he certainly has the most squeaky-clean public image. He doesn’t say the wrong things, he’s a quiet assassin on the court, he’s young, he’s exciting to watch, and he plays for a small-market team with great fans.

In fact, the only time you’ll ever see a casual fan actually get mad at Kevin Durant is when he uses his “rip” move, the sneakiest offensive maneuver in the game. When Durant has the ball in the triple-threat position, he likes to bring it down low and dare the opposing defender to stick their hand out instead of giving him space. If the defender takes the bait, Durant swings his arms up in a quick modified shooting motion, and more often than not is awarded with three free throws.

There’s no doubt that the rip move is a key part of Durant’s game. Durant averages 3.7 attempts at the rim per game (data courtesy of HoopData.com) and 8.7 free throws per game, which means he averages 2.35 free throws for every attempt at the rim. Let’s look at that in comparison to other high-volume perimeter scorers:

- LeBron James: 1.48 free throws per attempt at the rim

- Dwyane Wade: 1.25 free throws per attempt at the rim

-Derrick Rose: 1.03 free throws per attempt at the rim

- Russell Westbrook: 1.13 free throws per attempt at the rim

- Kobe Bryant: 2.00 free throws per attempt at the rim

As you can see, Durant is getting fouled on jump shots a LOT more than most high-volume perimeter scorers. Some of that can be explained by the fact that Durant is an extremely dangerous jump shooter — there’s a reason why Kobe Bryant also has a very high FTA/shot at the rim ratio. Still, Durant’s ratio is significantly higher than Kobe’s, and Kobe’s had nearly an extra decade to develop tricks to fool defenders.

So Durant’s “rip” move is clearly effective. But is it underhanded? Daily Thunder’s Royce Young chimes in:

Last night against the Warriors, Durant got two calls with [the rip move]. One in the fourth quarter on a 3-pointer on Dorell Wright and then a big one in overtime on David Lee which gave KD three shots and put OKC up one with a minute left.

So as you might imagine, Golden State Warrior coach Keith Smart was not a fan of the move. He told the AP: “That shouldn’t be a call because defensive players, you’re trying to tell your guys to get up on a good player,” Smart said. “If the player’s going to bait you into a foul—and I understand it’s a rule, so there’s nothing we can do about it—but … who has the right to the space? We’ve got to come to a conclusion.”

Who has the right to space? Are you kidding me? What does that even mean? If Thabo gets up super tight on Monta Ellis — like really tight, touching even — and Ellis puts the ball on the floor and drives hard around him and Thabo can’t move his feet fast enough, thus picking up a blocking foul, is Keith Smart saying that shouldn’t be a foul? I mean, who has the right to the space? Ellis created the contact, Thabo was just playing defense. Right?

Young certainly has a point — players exploiting the rules to draw fouls is certainly not new, and it’s commonplace in many situations. Just like all professional athletes, basketball players do all they can to get any sort of advantage within the official rules. However, there is a difference between the “rip” move and drawing a foul off of a pump fake or a blocking charge — those defenders are, in theory, moving.

Everyone agrees that a defender who creates contact by moving into an offensive player attempting to score should be a foul. We’ve also come to accept that an offensive player who tricks a defensive player into creating contact — think Kobe Bryant up-faking and jumping straight up into a defender flying at him, Dwayne Wade getting a help defender to lurch towards the rim before jumping into his chest, or Chauncey Billups selling contact with a perimeter defender who didn’t get above the screen quickly enough.

The rip move, however, is an offensive player creating contact with a stationary defender that put himself in what is perhaps a bad position. Maybe that’s a small distinction, but it seems to me that it’s what makes the “rip” move just a little bit different than the rule exploits we’re already familiar with.

Still, one thing is for certain: Durant is going to use that rip move, and use it well, until the refs stop calling it, so defenders should be careful where they put their arms while guarding Durant.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/30/should-the-rip-move-be-legal/

HylianNightmare
12-08-2011, 10:27 AM
glad they got rid of that rip through crap

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 10:27 AM
league took the whistle out of d-whistle

winwin
12-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Stern doesn't forget

it's time to pay Wade

millwad
12-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Bye bye to Kevin Martin's career...

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Houston+Rockets+v+Chicago+Bulls+tIkQdTze5FFl.jpg

EnoughSaid
12-08-2011, 10:37 AM
You guys are acting like D-Wade gets MOST of his points from the line. :facepalm

Wade scored 1941 points during last season, with 494 of them coming from free throws.

So, 25% of his points came from free throws.

And maybe this will help him out too. Maybe he'll start being more aggressive.

Pursuer
12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
I always thought the league should address fouling after fouls. I mean, why does continuation matter at all, if you can foul after a foul.

scm5
12-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Corey Maggette might actually have to play basketball the way it was meant to be played now.

IamSofaKing
12-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Did they address the 24 shot clock rule that kills a teams chance to go on a fastbreak?

For example, someone airballs a shot as the shot clock expires but the opposing team catches the ball and throws it for an outlet pass

CeltsGarlic
12-08-2011, 01:07 PM

THIS. that rule was so unnecessary, I know some refs personally, and they admit that highest quality ref, must tell the player what he did wrong, and not just stand, with completely "Ignore" face.

CeltsGarlic
12-08-2011, 01:08 PM
You guys are acting like D-Wade gets MOST of his points from the line. :facepalm

Wade scored 1941 points during last season, with 494 of them coming from free throws.

So, 25% of his points came from free throws.

And maybe this will help him out too. Maybe he'll start being more aggressive.

Thats ****nig a lot points from the free throw line.

vert48
12-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I have never understood why defensive players don't just land as hard as they can on guys that jump into them. Anytime I leave my feet, and someone tries to move under me to take a foul, I land on him hard. The guy gets up checking for missing body parts, and decides to never do that again.

kenny817
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Obviously has other people's work

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/mariochalmers/kg-1.jpg

Rest of my collection:
http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/mariochalmers/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

REPPED!

And lol @ Kobe with the Kanye jaw hahahahahaha

NugzFan
12-08-2011, 02:31 PM

:rolleyes: :facepalm

NumberSix
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
WOW!!!

Is it just me, or a some of these new rules appear to be targeted at specific players.

Droid101
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
You didn't watch many Clipper games last year, did you?

After a while, everyone was just undercutting and cheap shotting Blake so he'd stop DUNKING ON THEIR FACES.

I'm sure ClippersFan has a compliation of Blake getting cheap shotted on YouTube.

Burgz
12-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Did I misinterpret that?

yea thats correct

what they are saying is you have to be fouled in the act of shooting not while you're starting your gather to the rim

I think the rule is trying to prevent players from trying to throw up circus shots when they hear the whistle or get fouled just as they pick up their dribble

Burgz
12-08-2011, 02:54 PM

might as well be

no one in the league other than Howard gets fouled harder

you can make the case that the refs don't give howard those calls because he and SVG are constantly complaining to the refs lol

NugzFan
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM

After a while, everyone was just undercutting and cheap shotting Blake so he'd stop DUNKING ON THEIR FACES.

I'm sure ClippersFan has a compliation of Blake getting cheap shotted on YouTube.

im not denying that.

just CF being his typical homer self and thinking the world revolves around blake and the clippers is funny.

the guy cries about where all the anti clipper stuff comes from. irony...

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 03:02 PM
im not denying that.

just CF being his typical homer self and thinking the world revolves around blake and the clippers is funny.

the guy cries about where all the anti clipper stuff comes from. irony...

I was making a joke dude. I even mentioned it should be called the Bynum/Griffin rule after Chazzy mentioned Bynum's hits. The point is Blake Griffin got more cheapshots and uncalled flagrants than any player in the NBA. This is the NBA's way of preserving it's high flying stars and Griffin is the standout among that group.

Bynum's multiple dirty midair fouls are equally responsible for this rule.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Yup. I've saved at least 10 videos of cheapshots on Griffin :cheers: . You know me too well lol. Ironically I even have videos of like 5 flagrant fouls that were called regular shooting fouls :facepalm . Griffin makes it worse though by recklessly trying to dunk everything. Either way this should extend his career a couple years.

Babalu
12-08-2011, 03:33 PM
the rules were changed for a lot of players. But yes some players stick out more then others like griffin getting hit, bynum doing the hitting, durants rip through.

But we can all point out a time when every player has done some of those moves.

The point is that all of these changes are a good thing as long as they are enforced. There was really nothing that I felt was bad.

Things left on the to do list:
Bring emotion back into the game. Just like taking celebration out of touchdowns, its just bad. Sports are emotional. As long as you are not faceing and taunting your opponents and getting too crazy, any kind of emotions should be fine.
Jason terry plane run after a big shot? Fine
Someone pumping their fist and jumping? Fine
Standing there to look at the home crowd asking for more cheering. Fine
Ron artest muscle flex after a big shot? Fine
Mutumbo's finger wag? Fine
Getting in the face of the person you just dunked on? no
Taunting opponents bench or players more then trash talk? no

just my opinion.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
the rules were changed for a lot of players. But yes some players stick out more then others like griffin getting hit, bynum doing the hitting, durants rip through.

The point is that all of these changes are a good thing as long as they are enforced. There was really nothing that I felt was bad.

Bring emotion back into the game. Just like taking celebration out of touchdowns, its just bad. Sports are emotional. As long as you are not faceing and taunting your opponents and getting too crazy, any kind of emotions should be fine.

just my opinion.

Repped :applause: . I think the NBA can become more respectable if they allow players to celebrate again and show emotion. I understand the idea of not letting players get in refs faces... but celebrating should be allowed.

Euroleague
12-08-2011, 06:08 PM
So the offensive player making an offensive foul will still be considered a foul on the defense....it just won't be a shooting foul.

And a guy standing on the 3 point line actually gets credited with a 3 point shot..........and a guy that steps back on the mid-court line didn't actually turn the ball over.............

Freaking BRILLIANT

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm

And this is why David Stern is a freaking jackass.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 06:12 PM

just my opinion.

Doing this?
http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/k9/9e/ev/jr-1.gif
YES!
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/mariochalmers/jr.jpg
Too bad hes in china....:(

LemonMan
12-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Doesn't matter if you see it as that or not. at least now we won't be holding our breaths as much while blake is in the game.

Glide2keva
12-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm good with the ruls changes. I got tired of seeing wing players doing that rip through and jumping into players and getting fouls on defenders.

It was bullshit.

Crown&Coke
12-08-2011, 07:06 PM
just wanna point out, Kobe started the whole "rip through" move years ago. He didn't use it as much as Durant does, basically every game, but Kobe was the first to do it in an NBA game with the intention of getting free throws.

I saw Kobe do this in 2008 or 2009, nobody called it the "rip through" move back then.

Its a damn good rule imo, watching players do that made me sick.

And the contact in the air is a good one too, most times the offensive player is barrelling into the defender, I don't get how that would be a defensive foul, by rule, the defender is allowed his space from ceiling to floor if he has established position. And when the offensive player creates contact, the defender cannot physically hold that position, its basic physics

Wade runs into a jumping Dwight, his arms are bound to come forward due to Wade running into Dwight. Play ball, try it, tell me if you can keep your arms straight up.... I've tried it, you can't

eliteballer
12-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Bump

InfiniteBaskets
12-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Are these rules going to be as heavily and intensely enforced as the no flopping rules last season?

D-Wade316
12-09-2011, 10:45 AM
LOL @ people thinking Wade won't find ways to score. He scored 21ppg on 48.9fg%, as a rookie, against the 04 Pacers who were the 3rd best defensive team and fielded the DPOY Ron Artest.