PDA

View Full Version : Melo/Amare/Chandler or LeBron/Wade/Bosh

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
better chances of winning a championship?

I'll take the team with ideal spacing, a rebounding presence and a shotblocker.

If all it takes is Dirk/Chandler to win a ring, let's crown Melo now.

EnoughSaid
12-08-2011, 03:37 PM
JUST Dirk/Chandler? Are you serious? Everyone on the Mavs played well in the Finals, always having big plays.

Melo and Amare is still a bad fit, and I don't see them meshing well without a PG.

CP3/Melo/Chandler >>>> Melo/Amare/Chandler

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Keep in mind the rule changes will affect the Heat adversely. They don't have the shooters that the Knicks do. They don't have the mental stability. The clutch factor.

EnoughSaid
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Keep in mind the rule changes will affect the Heat adversely. They don't have the shooters that the Knicks do. They don't have the mental stability. The clutch factor.

And Knicks do? Since when are the Knicks so well balanced and an immediate contender? The Heat have proven they can reach the Finals, now they just need to get it DONE.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM
You dont have the defence. Outside of a hypothetical tyson chandler. I think thats a much bigger factor. And melo can keep lebron to a wash. Amare and bosh also can go to a wash. Tyson and roleplayers will do their thing but in a series vs the knicks wade will not show up like vs chicago. He plays WELL vs them.

Although you had injuries and games were close. We closed out a team in 5 games who beat you in 4. But like in fighting styles make matchups so well just have to see.

EnoughSaid
12-08-2011, 03:46 PM
You dont have the defence. Outside of a hypothetical tyson chandler. I think thats a much bigger factor. And melo can keep lebron to a wash. Amare and bosh also can go to a wash. Tyson and roleplayers will do their thing but in a series vs the knicks wade will not show up like vs chicago. He plays WELL vs them.

Although you had injuries and games were close. We closed out a team in 5 games who beat you in 4. But like in fighting styles make matchups so well just have to see.

You have to take into consideration that Amare AND Billups were injured. If they both were healthy, I think this series could have gone 6 games.

(e)
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
CP3, Kobe, Dwight >> all

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 03:49 PM

actually it was Wade/Bosh.........Lebron wasn't there mentally

PJR
12-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Clutch factor? LMAO. You realize the Knicks were swept last year in the first round, right?

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
You have to take into consideration that Amare AND Billups were injured. If they both were healthy, I think this series could have gone 6 games.
Dude read the sentence before the one you bolded...........

EnoughSaid
12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Dude read the sentence before the one you bolded...........

:facepalm LMAOoo My bad. I rushed through.

NuggetsFan
12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Not to be a dick but IF the Knicks do win a championship why would guy's like you(Melo MVP) even really care? You were Nuggets fans like half a year ago. You'd be like Knicks fans for like 66 games. You'd honestly just enjoy it because one player got a ring?

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Not to be a dick but IF the Knicks do win a championship why would guy's like you(Melo MVP) even really care? You were Nuggets fans like half a year ago. You'd be like Knicks fans for like 66 games. You'd honestly just enjoy it because one player got a ring?

:facepalm

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 03:59 PM
shots fired:lol

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I grew up in a state without an NBA team, thus I don't have the close ties to a team that most fans have. Instead, I pledged my allegiance to Carmelo Kiyan Anthony. We've endured the same struggles and fought the good fight, and now it's time to get what we deserve. Some recognition.

NuggetsFan
12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
I grew up in a state without an NBA team, thus I don't have the close ties to a team that most fans have. Instead, I pledged my allegiance to Carmelo Kiyan Anthony. We've endured the same struggles and fought the good fight, and now it's time to get what we deserve. Some recognition.

Just saying. That kinda robs yourself. You'd been a Nuggets fan for how long? Than all of a sudden a Knicks fan when they put together a super team? No different than jumping on with the Heat.

What if Melo plays bad? Do you still care if they win a ring while he goes for 18\5\3 on 39% from the floor during the finals? Or is it not as enjoyable if he doesn't get the majority of the credit?.

It'd be a heck of a 66 games for you guy's :lol

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 04:04 PM
:applause:

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Just saying. That kinda robs yourself. You'd been a Nuggets fan for how long? Than all of a sudden a Knicks fan when they put together a super team? No different than jumping on with the Heat.

What if Melo plays bad? Do you still care if they win a ring while he goes for 18\5\3 on 39% from the floor during the finals? Or is it not as enjoyable if he doesn't get the majority of the credit?.

It'd be a heck of a 66 games for you guy's :lol

I'm still a Nuggets fan. I post on their message board a lot. It's just that I'm more of a Knicks fan now, and no, not because of a "super" team. I'd support Melo anywhere.

Sorry, Melo is not capable of putting up only 18/5/3 given his talent and New York's ideal spacing. And even if he was second fiddle in a championship run, how is that any different from what LeBron is trying to do now? or Kobe riding Shaq's back?

NuggetsFan
12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm still a Nuggets fan. I post on their message board a lot. It's just that I'm more of a Knicks fan now, and no, not because of a "super" team. I'd support Melo anywhere.

Sorry, Melo is not capable of putting up only 18/5/3 given his talent and New York's ideal spacing. And even if he was second fiddle in a championship run, how is that any different from what LeBron is trying to do now? or Kobe riding Shaq's back?

I never said it was any different, or even a bad thing. Just simply asked would that change things for you? Knicks winning the championship with Melo playing 2nd fiddle having a bad finals? Would it still be the same for you?

To each his own I suppose. Just was curious.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
I never said it was any different, or even a bad thing. Just simply asked would that change things for you? Knicks winning the championship with Melo playing 2nd fiddle having a bad finals? Would it still be the same for you?

To each his own I suppose. Just was curious.

It wouldn't be exactly the same. Of course I'd want him to play well in the Finals. But winning it with him playing badly and Amare beasting is fine by me. Only 18 ppg would show that Melo was deferring to the bigger match-up problem in Amare.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Why exactly do you deserve recognition? And how do you get it by melo winning? Not hating just confused.

GOBB
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM

I'll take the team that was 2 wins away from winning a championship.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Why exactly do you deserve recognition? And how do you get it by melo winning? Not hating just confused.

For the years of abuse I've received being a Melo fan. Do you understand how it feels to want to celebrate your player's current accomplishments when the NBA community reacts by shoving his past failures down your throat?

The "Stop Snitching Era" was brutal and Melo made it worse with the brawl that he escalated. Do you know how long it took him to lose that thug characterization? :facepalm

Then, prior to '09, haters would rail me with his playoff failures, ignoring the part of him playing the best teams in the NBA each year in the first round without EVER having homecourt advantage. :facepalm

And then seeing younger players get drafted and flourish above Carmelo when Melo still has untapped potential? :facepalm

I could keep going, but I'll stop here.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 04:33 PM
For the years of abuse I've received being a Melo fan. Do you understand how it feels to want to celebrate your player's current accomplishments when the NBA community reacts by shoving his past failures down your throat?

Who cares what they say? Im a beasley fan and he constantly gets bashed. So what? Just appreciate the player while theyre there no matter what happens. Cause once theyre gone, shit youll miss em. Most the people here act as if kobe/other player winning is an accomplishment to themselves and always talk crap to players with less sucess. Theyre idiots man.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Who cares what they say? Im a beasley fan and he constantly gets bashed. So what? Just appreciate the player while theyre there no matter what happens. Cause once theyre gone, shit youll miss em. Most the people here act as if kobe/other player winning is an accomplishment to themselves and always talk crap to players with less sucess. Theyre idiots man.

would rep but I've given out too much the last 24 hours

You're right, and Beasley and Melo are similar in ways. Hopefully Beas will emerge as the all-star he was destined to be out of college.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I just hope beasley can accomplish what melo has in his time in the league. But even as a Heat fan I wish melo and the knicks good luck. Even with the Rivalry between the team the knick fans have been loyal as hell. And melo now has a great teammate and potential for more supporting players and sucess to come. I wanna see the teams go at it. Would be EXCITING.

Nash
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
- Lebron and Wade are the two best players in the league.
- Miami's 3rd option, Bosh is like 10 times better than Chandler.
- Miami play the best defense in the league. Knicks don't know what defense is.
- Miami have already played a whole year together, Knicks have not.

Bosnian Sajo
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Your kidding right...the Knicks arent even scaring their division leader (Boston), let alone the Miami ****ing Heat.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Your kidding right...the Knicks arent even scaring their division leader (Boston), let alone the Miami ****ing Heat.
Well with boston aging and mr. 16% possibly being your starting center. In Kg's words anything is possible. I wouldnt be surprised if they have a better regular season record than boston. And will definitely play you better in the playoffs. Its a shorter season giving the players less rest. Therefore not good for boston.

Andrei89
12-08-2011, 05:49 PM

the **** you smoking bro

Stuckey
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
i wanna see Boston New York in the playoffs

would be hilarious if the Knicks still lose

hope both teams stay healthy *cross fingers

Lucifer
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Melo/Amare and Tyson effin Chandler is gonna put the Knicks over the edge :roll: :roll: :roll:

I effin hate Miami, but they'll destroy you guys.

RRR3
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM

You are insane.

Heavincent
12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
I think Melo/Amare/Chandler would have more defined roles.

Real Men Wear Green
12-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Miami and it's not even close. I think I'd rather have James than the entire Knick trio if we're also considering factors like profitability. Chandler is a quality starting center but Bosh is an All-Star. And then we have Wade, who is better than any Knick.

Lebron23
01-22-2012, 12:13 AM
LeBron, Wade, and Bosh = Best trio in the NBA

Melo, Amare. Chandler = sucks.

I think Melo/Amare/Chandler would have more defined roles.

:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

airchibundo507
01-22-2012, 12:21 AM

Melo, Amare, Chandler + incompetent coach + DLeaguers + no point guard = lottery team

LeBron, Wade, Bosh + coaching staff that preaches/teaches defense + NBA rotation players and shooters (Miller, Battier, Haslem, Chalmers, etc.) = good team

EnoughSaid
01-22-2012, 12:22 AM
JUST Dirk/Chandler? Are you serious? Everyone on the Mavs played well in the Finals, always having big plays.

Melo and Amare is still a bad fit, and I don't see them meshing well without a PG.

CP3/Melo/Chandler >>>> Melo/Amare/Chandler

I was right. :bowdown:

dbronx42
01-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Melo, Amare, Chandler + incompetent coach + DLeaguers + no point guard = lottery team

LeBron, Wade, Bosh + coaching staff that preaches/teaches defense + NBA rotation players and shooters (Miller, Battier, Haslem, Chalmers, etc.) = good team

Oh it doesn't matter Tyson Chandler can't do anything at all besides block shots and rebound, Amare looks like a top 50 player (AT BEST), and Melo is a chucker who is not shooting 40% on the season. Oh did i mention Melo and Amare HAVE NEVER BEEN GOOD DEFENDERS. AND NEVER WILL BE! LeBron and Wade have always been monster defenders.

Get used to it... You failed miserably. Don't make yourself look any more like a foolish homer. Just saying.

ImmortalNemesis
01-22-2012, 12:33 AM

What a f*cking idiot this guy is. Seriously? You're THAT much of a homer. Why do you post garbage like this?

Human Error
01-22-2012, 12:35 AM

:facepalm

airchibundo507
01-22-2012, 12:37 AM
It was a bit of a troll thread, but notice the "ideal spacing" stipulation. no one could have predicted the Knicks outside shooters turning to sh*t this year from behind the arc. No spacing renders Amare useless. Douglas never cut it as our starting PG, so now our offense is live or die by Melo.

Human Error
01-22-2012, 12:41 AM
It was a bit of a troll thread, but notice the "ideal spacing" stipulation. no one could have predicted the Knicks outside shooters turning to sh*t this year from behind the arc. No spacing renders Amare useless. Douglas never cut it as our starting PG, so now our offense is live or die by Melo.
If Carmelo is as great as you think, he would be winning some games by himsef regardless of the guys whom he plays. The problem with Carmelo is he really is not a bonafide superstar in the league but his hardcore fanboys think he's every bit as good as LeBron / Dwight / Wade / Durant.

airchibundo507
01-22-2012, 12:42 AM
If Carmelo is as great as you think, he would be winning some games by himsef regardless of the guys whom he plays. The problem with Carmelo is he really is not a bonafide superstar in the league but his hardcore fanboys think he's every bit as good as LeBron / Dwight / Wade / Durant.

this team would be no better with Durant instead of Melo. There's no offense for Durant to milk easy baskets from. D'Antoni is content with isolation.

airchibundo507
01-22-2012, 12:43 AM

damn you lebron23

Jotaro Durant

dont let these guys get to you homie

http://i43.tinypic.com/108b3wx.png

there you go:cheers:

Human Error
this team would be no better with Durant instead of Melo. There's no offense for Durant to milk easy baskets from. D'Antoni is content with isolation.
:facepalm i give up.

bingo123
01-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Its not even close. Even without Wade, James/Bosh/Anthony>Melo/Amare/Chandler. Chandler was great for Mavs but on this team he is what he is (a big body who is a good defender in the right system). And let me remind you that Miami went all the way to the finals with similar supporting cast that Knicks have this year. Haslem was never healthy, same with Miller, last years Chalmers~Shumpert, you have Bibby now so you can see his value,... If Knicks trio is better as you say they should have no problem reaching the Finals this year.

Iraqnback
01-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Its not even close. Even without Wade, James/Bosh/Anthony>Melo/Amare/Chandler. Chandler was great for Mavs but on this team he is what he is (a big body who is a good defender in the right system). And let me remind you that Miami went all the way to the finals with similar supporting cast that Knicks have this year. Haslem was never healthy, same with Miller, last years Chalmers~Shumpert, you have Bibby now so you can see his value,... If Knicks trio is better as you say they should have no problem reaching the Finals this year.

Got e'mmmmmmmm!!!!!:banana: :cheers: :applause: ......well said Boss!!

Human Error
02-24-2012, 08:37 PM

:facepalm :facepalm

Droid101
02-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Cruel bump.

Zackmorris
02-24-2012, 08:51 PM

You're a meanie

I<3NBA
02-25-2012, 12:25 AM
:lol

Human Error
02-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Chandler is a nice defensive anchor but he isn't worth having at 17M a year. And Carmelo and Amare are the most overrated forward tandem in the league, honestly I would want no part of Carmelo / Amare on my team.

LamarOdom
02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Chandler is a nice defensive anchor but he isn't worth having at 17M a year. And Carmelo and Amare are the most overrated forward tandem in the league, honestly I would want no part of Carmelo / Amare on my team.

He is getting 13 a year, 14,5 on his final year.

Human Error
03-11-2012, 10:48 AM

You're a funny SOB. :oldlol:

Human Error
03-11-2012, 10:53 AM
The Heat don't have the shooters that the Knicks do. Okay... But how many times you've said that Carmelo is shooting poorly only because the Knicks have no shooters outside of him? :oldlol:

bingo123
05-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Bumps are popular these days...

Figlo
05-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Gay/Randolph/Gasol or Melo/Amare/Chandler?

Whoah10115
05-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Bumps are popular these days...

Sad that winning doesn't stop you being annoying and digging up a million different threads that all point out the same thing, which no intelligent person is arguing.