PDA

View Full Version : Knicks deal with Tyson Chandler: 4 years, $58 million

Pages : [1] 2

MeLO MvP 15
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
KBergCBS Ken Berger
Multiple league executives say the Knicks are now in the lead to land Tyson Chandler, jumping in front of the Warriors.

If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.
from Berger's twitter

Wait seriously, WTF... I like Chandler but if it's for a deal similar to what GSW is offering, no thank you.

That being said, he is literally the perfect fit at center (outside of Dwight). But that leaves a huge whole at PG (maybe thinking Nash in 2012?). I guess they heard that Paul won't accept less money as a FA.

Lookin like a major twist, how u?

bagelred
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?:eek:

Ken Berger knows his shit. omg.....

HylianNightmare
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

christian1923
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Ohhh Snapppp

InspiredLebowski
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
An amnesty'd Chauncey gives em what, ~12 mil to spend?

Tyson Chandler owes Chris Paul a Rolex or something.

mountainmamba
I honestly wish there was a rule that deals couldn't be leaked to/by the media until they were done deals. All these back and forths are making my head hurt.

Actually who am i kidding i love all this.

Pra
lol, that means no chance at CP3 for NYK. Maybe they're planning to sign nash next season for the vet min!

PJR
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Billups would waltz right to Miami, if amnestied. He'd pass thru the modified waiver processes, because no middle tier team will bid on him.

bagelred
An amnesty'd Chauncey gives em what, ~12 mil to spend?

Yes that's about right. They'll have to move Turiaf for more I guess....this is crazy.

MeLO MvP 15
I'm really scared about this. Like I said, I like Chandler as a player and he's a great fit... BUT, he could end up being a horrible contract and we'd be without a PG. I'm also terrified of LA or Miami picking up Billups, he'd make them amazing.

Then again, the way he turned around Dallas' defense was huge and if he could bring that to NY, it'd be huge.

mountainmamba
12-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Billups would waltz right to Miami, if amnestied. He'd pass thru the modified waiver processes, because no one will pay him big money.

gotta believe someone will.

InspiredLebowski
Billups would waltz right to Miami, if amnestied. He'd pass thru the modified waiver processes, because no one will pay him big money.Someone will pay him something, and that's all it takes

niko
Seriously, we need to fire our coach then today. BEcause he doesn't fit a team that has that frontline. I HATE it. Chandler has had good years and bad years and as a centerpiece i don't like it.

Da Doc04
WOOOOOOOW!!! i just read this.... i thought for sure he would sign that Warriors deal.

So much going on

bluechox2
:wtf:

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Billups would waltz right to Miami, if amnestied. He'd pass thru the modified waiver processes, because no one will pay him big money.

All it takes is some team that puts a claimer in for 3 million dollars a year and the Heat cannot match that. He will be a target for a team below the cap for some veteran leadership.

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 02:12 PM
our pg situation would suck monkey balls, chandler is only effective with a good pg

MeLO MvP 15
All it takes is some team that puts a claimer in for 3 million dollars a year and the Heat cannot match that. He will be a target for a team below the cap for some veteran leadership.
Yeah all it takes is any team willing to put anything over like a million for only ONE YEAR to get him. I could see the Clippers or Pacers going for him (sucks for CB)

Pushxx
Nash and Chandler would give the Knicks a championship quality starting line-up.

Unfortunately Nash wouldn't sign for vet min when the bench would consist of Toney Douglas and that's it.

Chandler eats up too much salary for too little impact. Knicks should pass.

InspiredLebowski
12-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah all it takes is any team willing to put anything over like a million for only ONE YEAR to get him. I could see the Clippers or Pacers going for him (sucks for CB)I can't

bagelred
12-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah all it takes is any team willing to put anything over like a million for only ONE YEAR to get him. I could see the Clippers or Pacers going for him (sucks for CB)

Denver could get him back.

Da Doc04
12-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Billups would waltz right to Miami, if amnestied. He'd pass thru the modified waiver processes, because no middle tier team will bid on him.

Billups on LA would fit better than Cp3 with kobe and dwight... either way :pimp:

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 02:15 PM
it has me thinking, grant hill all of a sudden wants to be a knick,
knicks now in the runnig for chandler
so the odds of paul comming via trade are slim
the only way to get chandler is by dumping our veteran pg who still has some good years left
i have a feeling the knicks have a deal for nash

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Nash and Chandler would give the Knicks a championship quality starting line-up.

Unfortunately Nash wouldn't sign for vet min when the bench would consist of Toney Douglas and that's it.

Chandler eats up too much salary for too little impact. Knicks should pass.

Isn

MeLO MvP 15
12-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Let me say this, without having to keep 2012 cap space intact... a lot more trades and signings become open. What if we pull off the Tyson deal, picked up Baron Davis and sign Hill (for the room exception)... Now that's a team to look out for. Still though, any shot at Paul/ Dwight/ Deron is gone and we lose Billups. Very tricky. So many thoughts going through my head

Btw any deal with Chandler eliminates the MLE for NY to offer Hill. That offer shrinks down to around $2.5 million (but it could now be for 2 years).

pegasus
If he could play like he did last year, he is the perfect C for them. I have a feeling he will lay an egg once he gets his contract, though.

christian1923
it has me thinking, grant hill all of a sudden wants to be a knick,
knicks now in the runnig for chandler
so the odds of paul comming via trade are slim
the only way to get chandler is by dumping our veteran pg who still has some good years left
yeah unless this is the case, no way should we do this deal

HylianNightmare
who is going to play PG this season?

bagelred

I wonder if Amare/D'Antoni know that Nash will join them for MLE in July.....

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
i hope this isnt jerome james part 2

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Billups on LA would fit better than Cp3 with kobe and dwight... either way :pimp:

Billups is not the same as he was from 05-08 he has regressed horribly

mountainmamba
12-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Lakers should throw in some smaller pieces to try and get billups..then use their big pieces (Bynum, Odom, etc.) to get howard instead of losing two sets of big piece sin a paul/howard deal

MeLO MvP 15
12-08-2011, 02:20 PM
The problem is by adding Tyson we essentially give him the contract we would've given Paul and get a much worse player.... Also to those saying Nash, yes it makes sense, but it'd have to be next year. There'd be no contracts to match to get back Nash from Phoenix in a trade and we'd need to sign him as a FA next summer.

Also this from twitter:

MSteinmetzCSN Matt Steinmetz
Source: New York has talked to Denver about a deal involving Ronny Turiaf.
Idk how legit that is though. I'd want more than pure cap space, that's for sure. Maybe Wilson's rights or our pick back! Or hopefully Mozgov (doubtful).

InspiredLebowski
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Lakers should throw in some smaller pieces to try and get billups..then use their big pieces (Bynum, Odom, etc.) to get howard instead of losing two sets of big piece sin a paul/howard dealLike who, Artest's and Walton's shit contracts?

Rnbizzle
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Someone will pay him something, and that's all it takes
Billups would be a perfect fit for Miami too. Interesting.

chazzy
12-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Taking themselves out of the CP3 race is huge.. teams that have no assurance that he would resign with them are probably more eager to trade for him now.

bluechox2
to get nash, knicks can offer turriaf, fields, douglas, balkman and 3 mil cash

InspiredLebowski
Billups would be a perfect fit for Miami too. Interesting.Miami wouldn't be able to get him

niko
The problem is by adding Tyson we essentially give him the contract we would've given Paul and get a much worse player.... Also to those saying Nash, yes it makes sense, but it'd have to be next year. There'd be no contracts to match to get back Nash from Phoenix in a trade and we'd need to sign him as a FA next summer.

Also this from twitter:
Idk how legit that is though. I'd want more than pure cap space, that's for sure. Maybe Wilson's rights or our pick back! Or hopefully Mozgov (doubtful).
one of the gigantic articles on the clippers getting Paul mentioned him not wanting to take any discount on the FA market. I didn't think much of it but considering how everything is starting to take shape now maybe that is the case.

Rnbizzle
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Miami wouldn't be able to get him
Why not, if he gets amnestied and he signs for vets min?

All Net
12-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm guessing this changes plans for Paul for next summer? not a great idea.

InspiredLebowski
Why not, if he gets amnestied and he signs for vets min?teams under the cap can bid on amnesty'd players. someone would bid on him and he'd go there.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Also this from twitter:

NY fans needs to know that the front court of Chandler/Amare/Melo is as deadly as anybody in the league.

PG's dont win championships .....Big guys win then....this will leave Amare to play PF and abuse other team's pf on any day

InspiredLebowski
I'm guessing this doesn't change plans for Paul for next summer?Unless he wants to sign for the MLE, it absolutely does

MeLO MvP 15
I'd be much happier if we either gave that offer to Marc Gasol
and/or have a decent trade set up for Billups and/or Turiaf for cap space and some asset so it's not like we're essentially trading Billups, Turiaf (along with any 2012 capspace and chance at Paul/Dwight/Deron) for Tyson Chandler on a 4 year prob over $60 million contract.

Another thing I'd look at, JJ Barea. What if NY sends Turiaf to Dallas for Barea in a sign and trade. Dallas gets their back up C on an expirer to keep 2012 space and NY gets a PG. Without 2012 in mind I would actually like JJ Barea on this team.

Rnbizzle
12-08-2011, 02:26 PM
teams under the cap can bid on amnesty'd players. someone would bid on him and he'd go there.
Oh that's right, shoulda known, thanks for explaining.

bagelred
12-08-2011, 02:26 PM
to get nash, knicks can offer turriaf, fields, douglas, balkman and 3 mil cash

:rolleyes: Suns aren't trading Nash and Knicks aren't giving away MORE talent when they can try to get Nash in 7 months for free.

This feels like an Isiah Thomas move, doesn't it? Overpaying for a role player?

thejumpa
12-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Damn. Chandler/Amar'e/Melo could possibly be the best FC in the league.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
:rolleyes: Suns aren't trading Nash and Knicks aren't giving away MORE talent when they can try to get Nash in 7 months for free.

This feels like an Isiah Thomas move, doesn't it? Overpaying for a role player?

NY need those guys to have a decent bench

Sarcastic
who is going to play PG this season?

I'll do it.

zac
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Why not, if he gets amnestied and he signs for vets min?
When a player gets amnestied, they don't get to choose where they go. If any team is interested at all on waivers they can put in a bid for him. From what I understand the team that bids the highest on him gets him. So say he's owed $12mil a year, and someone like Miami could only afford like $2mil a year (because of the cap), if a team like Orlando (just a random example) offers to pay $3mil a year, orlando gets him because the team who offers to pay the highest percentage of the amnesty picks the player up, hence saving NY some money they won't have to pay him. So in this situation, NY will only owe him $9mil a year if Orlando agrees to pay the $3mil. The amnestied players do not automatically become free agents.

I'm not 100% on all the details but that's what I got from it.

MeLO MvP 15
I'd have to imagine NY is having a lot of discussions with other teams about trading Billups for something.

He's not a guy to just pay $14 mil to go away... I'd have to imagine a team maybe like Sacramento would at least be open to discussions.

Anything to make this better where it's not essentially Billups and Turiaf for Chandler. Just any asset to get for either Billups or Turiaf to make it better

bluechox2
suns shuold just give him to us just out of respect to nash

bagelred
12-08-2011, 02:30 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Story nailed by @KBergCBS. Knicks have jumped ahead of GSW for Tyson Chandler. Source close to talks: "New York is Tyson's first choice."

:confusedshrug:

MeLO MvP 15
12-08-2011, 02:31 PM
What about the possibility of NY and New Orleans having a last discussion, maybe around pure cap space, Iman Shumpert, Landry, Turiaf and Douglas for Paul and Okafor. That should work $ wise and it'd be a worth a shot. I know it's a bad offer, but it's somewhat acceptable if Paul refuses LA, GSW, and Boston. Then again, if we're for real about signing Tyson, then that means we lose any leverage we had in any CP negotiations because we'd no longer have the cap space in 2012 to say "oh he'll just sign as a FA"

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
chris paul says he will sign with a team that get chandler, then the knicks go and jump to the top of that list

InspiredLebowski
Ken Berger says the 4/$60 offer from GS isn't true

niko
What about the possibility of NY and New Orleans having a last discussion, maybe around pure cap space, Iman Shumpert, Landry, Turiaf and Douglas for Paul and Okafor. That should work $ wise and it'd be a worth a shot.
It doesn't give NO enough talent. They want talent, not cap space. Ridiculous IMO (they are basically confirming they will be mediocre) but what do i know.

MeLO MvP 15
12-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Damn I kinda called it, Dallas and NY talking about a sign and trade.

I wonder if they'd be open to a double sign and trade:
Billups for Tyson
then
Turiaf for Barea

Now that makes sense to me.

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
mark gasol would havea been a better choice but i see memphis matching any offer

NoGunzJustSkillz
seriously doubt that...maybe if he had more than a year left on his contract.

bluechox2
Damn I kinda called it, Dallas and NY talking about a sign and trade.
details?

WhySoInsecure?
chris paul says he will sign with a team that get chandler, then the knicks go and jump to the top of that list
with what money?
this deal makes no sense, we dump our only point guard to overpay for an injury prone big man that will ruin our chances of picking up anyone else next year.

If you're gonna spend that kind of money at least give it to Nene

niko
12-08-2011, 02:35 PM
People are not stupid and the Knicks are star happy. If we are doign this, they have heard that Paul wants the Knicks to trade for him so he can get full money, and they aren't able to do so.

christian1923
12-08-2011, 02:35 PM
lol who the helll is going to bring the ball up

niko
12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
with what money?
this deal makes no sense, we dump our only point guard to overpay for an injury prone big man that will ruin our chances of picking up anyone else next year.

If you're gonna spend that kind of money at least give it to NeneNONONONONO. Im not loving this move but Nene would be worse, he's not the defensive presence we need and he needs the ball more.

bagelred
12-08-2011, 02:36 PM

:lol Spike Lee.

christian1923
12-08-2011, 02:37 PM
:lol Spike Lee.

would you rather have spike bring the ball up or bring back marbury? :lol

kenny817
I love what Tyson did for our Mavs...but this dude wants Dirk money...hell naw..buh bye

InspiredLebowski
lol who the helll is going to bring the ball upTinsley

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Melo can be temporary point forward.

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
would you rather have spike bring the ball up or bring back marbury? :lol
:lol

niko
12-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Tinsley
Are indiana people just naturally evil?

Dizzle-2k7
Tyson and Amare :bowdown:

Heat gonna have their hands full in the paint

bagelred

"OK, Iman Shumpert, lead us to a championship."

"You got it, coach!.....wait, what?"

MeLO MvP 15
My center choices of FAs:
1. Marc Gasol

(huge gap)
2. Tyson Chandler
3. Deandre Jordan (because of fit, age, contract, etc)
then
4. Nene

I love Nene and I think he's better individually than Tyson or Deandre... but I don't like his poor rebounding on this team. Also without a good PG a Nene/Melo/Amar'e frontcourt is garbage. Same said about Tyson, but at least he doesn't need to score.

christian1923
12-08-2011, 02:40 PM

lol you think so? 2k12 disagrees :banghead: :banghead:

InspiredLebowski
Are indiana people just naturally evil?Hey, they're allegedly interested. And Walsh is nothing if not overly-loyal.

JustinJDW
Wow. This is crazy because Chandler is literally the perfect Center for that team, but does New York really want to spend that kind of money on him? And is there any way they can still get CP3 after this?

lol who the helll is going to bring the ball upAnd this too!?!

verylegit
http://www.dimemag.com/gallery/big_image/2020048676Amare%20Stoudemire%2002.jpg
Amar'e is praying this goes through! and so am I. I've always DREAMED of an Amar'e and Chandler combo since he was in Phoenix. Screw Dwight, if Amar'e had Chandler's defensive capabilities, he would be the #1 big man. My boy never developed D though. It's all good though, he and chandler will block the sh*t out of anyone.

Nori
Tyson and Amare in the paint, wow... also perfect for Amare, would finally get to play his natural position.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 02:41 PM
My center choices of FAs:
1. Marc Gasol

(huge gap)
2. Tyson Chandler
3. Deandre Jordan (because of fit, age, contract, etc)
then
4. Nene

I love Nene and I think he's better individually than Tyson or Deandre... but I don't like his poor rebounding on this team. Also without a good PG a Nene/Melo/Amar'e frontcourt is garbage. Same said about Tyson, but at least he doesn't need to score.

LOL Nene can't even protect the basket. Get that overrated scrub off the list.

Clutch
I don't want Tyson Chandler,at least not for that money.

He isn't worth 12-15 million $.

He had a good season last year but there's a huge chance that he won't be able to repeat it and become just a mediocre center.
So we would lose all our cap space to acquire a mediocre player.

I'm sure many will disagree with me but I don't want him here.

MeLO MvP 15
Douglas and Shumpert are both good, but too young and neither are pure points yet (although I think Shump has a chance to be one).

We'd need a PG and I know that D'Antoni wouldn't let the front office start camp with just Douglas and Shumpert (and an Arroyo/Carter guy won't suffice).

bluechox2
Ken Berger: On one hand, Chandler would eat up '12 cap space, though Chris Paul is known to want to team up with him again. Twitter
this is what i was talking about when the knicks went to the top of his list

MeLO MvP 15
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM

He had a good season last year but there's a huge chance that he won't be able to repeat it and become just a mediocre center.

Not so much that I don't want him here, more that for that price, I'd prefer Marc Gasol or maybe risking for Paul in 2012 (assuming he hasn't said there is zero chance he comes).

DStebb716
12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Billups would not be amnesty. They are working on a Billups/Turiaf trade to DEN. Then they'd overpay Chandler.

I would cry, but is it possible that we would land Chandler then trade Amare for CP3?

bagelred
12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
If you trade Billups for Chandler straight up, that means Knicks still have their MLE for Grant Hill.

Then in July, bring in Nash with 2012 MLE

Nash
Hill
Melo
Amare
Chandler

WhySoInsecure?
12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Not so much that I don't want him here, more that for that price, I'd prefer Marc Gasol or maybe risking for Paul in 2012 (assuming he hasn't said there is zero chance he comes).
Chandler is not worth more than 9mil/yr and even that's a stretch

All Net
12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
this is what i was talking about when the knicks went to the top of his list

Doesn't matter, Paul is not signing for the MLE.

Looks like Paul is heading to Cali.

Nash
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
How the hell would CP3, Tyson Chandler, Amare and Melo fit together? Who are they planning them to play with, players from the d-league?

MeLO MvP 15
Tyson and Amare in the paint, wow... also perfect for Amare, would finally get to play his natural position.
This is really being looked past. Amar'e and Melo have neither played with a defensive center like Tyson. They're actually theoretically the perfect front court.

The problem is the money and what we'd give up (Chauncey, Turiaf and 2012 cap space) and we'd have a major hole at PG to fill.

I'd have to think this would negate a Grant Hill signing because with literally no PG, it'd be hard imagine us going with a wing with whatever exception we have left.

I have a strong feeling that if we get Tyson, we get JJ Barea too.

niko
Gasol is not really possible and he'd kill the first 3 days of FA waiting for Memphis to match. And i, being cynical as ****, think Paul won't take the discount and the Knicks have heard as such, reached out to NO, got told **** U, and moved on.

verylegit
12-08-2011, 02:46 PM

as much as I like Chandler since he was catching alley oops with the Hornets, I sort of agree he isn't worth that much, I'm biased enough to pay him 10m+ but 15 is too high.

CP3/Amar'e/Melo/Chandler= move out the way Miami.

Chandler is more than just an elite center, he can instill some much needed Defense. If Amar'e could pick up on some of his traits, it would make it all worth it.

InspiredLebowski
Billups would not be amnesty. They are working on a Billups/Turiaf trade to DEN. Then they'd overpay Chandler.

I would cry, but is it possible that we would land Chandler then trade Amare for CP3?Why would the Nuggets want either? Unless they tell NY to take Harrington's contract, which defeats the whole purpose.

niko
This is really being looked past. Amar'e and Melo have neither played with a defensive center like Tyson. They're actually theoretically the perfect front court.

The problem is the money and what we'd give up (Chauncey, Turiaf and 2012 cap space) and we'd have a major hole at PG to fill.

I'd have to think this would negate a Grant Hill signing because with literally no PG, it'd be hard imagine us going with a wing with whatever exception we have left.

I have a strong feeling that if we get Tyson, we get JJ Barea too.
if we get Grant Hill it's for minimum. I don't think this affects it at all.

Clutch
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM

I would cry, but is it possible that we would land Chandler then trade Amare for CP3?
How is that possible ? If we are trading Billups to Denver we would have to get someone with equal value in return (salary wise).That means we wouldn't have enough space to sign Chandler.

Billups will be either traded to Mavericks or amnestied. Maybe there's a option with third team involved,who knows.

mountainmamba
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
The Warriors believe that they've lost Tyson Chandler to the Knicks, sources tell Y! Sports.

What a turn of events

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
If they sign Chandler Chris Paul is not an option anymore. Then Barea and Steve Nash in 2012 become the targets.

Rose
Why would the Nuggets want either? Unless they tell NY to take Harrington's contract, which defeats the whole purpose.
You know better!

You have to let the Knicks fans have their fun.

Clutch
The Warriors believe that they've lost Tyson Chandler to the Knicks, sources tell Y! Sports.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

airchibundo507
damnit! Move out of the way and give Melo his championship!

Fatal9
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Will the Knicks even be able to bring the ball past half court :roll:

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Merry Christmas to the league! A dynasty is born on this 8th of December!

mountainmamba
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Source close to Tyson Chandler talks just told ESPN.com: "It's 98 percent sure that Tyson is going to wind up with the Knicks."

bluechox2
Merry Christmas to the league! A dynasty is born on this 8th of December!

Clutch
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Source close to Tyson Chandler talks just told ESPN.com: "It's 98 percent sure that Tyson is going to wind up with the Knicks."
I must admit,I didn't see this one coming.

mountainmamba
Can't see this starting a dynasty but solid move.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 02:51 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

I'm 98% sure that the Knicks are bound to win a championship. If all it takes to win a championship is Dirk and Chandler, then this is a foregone conclusion.

All Net
12-08-2011, 02:52 PM
I must admit,I didn't see this one coming.

Happy? confused? wishing you waited for Paul?

kenny817
Will the Knicks even be able to bring the ball past half court :roll:
Nope...Melo would inbound to himself...and pull a fadeaway right before hit the half court line

christian1923
I'm 98% sure that the Knicks are bound to win a championship

Lovin the enthusiasm!

Rnbizzle
Can't see this starting a dynasty but solid move.
I think this makes the Knicks so much more dangerous. The Heat/Bulls/Celtics could deal with them because they are pretty terrible rebounding and there's no real defensive anchor with Amar'e at the 5.. But now, I can see them being serious contenders.

mountainmamba
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I think this makes the Knicks so much more dangerous. The Heat/Bulls/Celtics could deal with them because they are pretty terrible rebounding and there's no real defensive anchor with Amar'e at the 5.. But now, I can see them being serious contenders.

being a contender and being a dynasty are two drastically different things.

Clutch
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I should be happy for this but I'm not.

I have a feeling this won't turn out well for the Knicks.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Nope...Melo would inbound to himself...and pull a fadeaway right before hit the half court line

MONEY. every time

DevilsAssassin
http://gyazo.com/0a1e4c389a669a5fd1a5b604a45bf463.png

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rnbizzle
being a contender and being a dynasty are two drastically different things.
Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

98% nice

Sorry Warriors....

airchibundo507

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 02:55 PM
amare finally gets some protection in his nba career

if we get barea, we get 2 huge catalysts that get the mavs their championship

bagelred
I honestly can't believe this. On one hand, I've been saying Tyson Chandler would be the PERFECT complement to amare and melo. D'Antoni would LOVE Tyson cause he's athletic and versatile...not a lumbering center.

On the other hand, this price is just ridiculous....and Tyson's injury history is a concern.

But on the other hand, we've been saying that a true defensive big man can help you win a championship...even moreso than point guards.

Yet, on the other hand, this takes us out of the D Will, Howard, and Paul races.

But the real question is, why do I have so many hands? :confusedshrug:

............pondering.............

mountainmamba
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Now to see if Knicks elect to put Amare Stoudemire in trade proposals to New Orleans for CP3. Sources say it's one option Knicks considering

Is this necessary?

Clutch
Happy? confused? wishing you waited for Paul?

Happy,sad and confused.
Happy because we will finally get a good defensive center.
Confused because I never even thought about Tyson Chandler ending up on the Knicks.
Sad because I think we will overpay him and he won't be as good as expected.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I should be happy for this but I'm not.

I have a feeling this won't turn out well for the Knicks.

Don't worry yourself, son. Melo will make sure everything is well. Just trust in him.

kenny817
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
MONEY. every time
LOL...Melo is my guy
Still have my PRO CUT Oak Hill Academy #22 jersey...love it

But screw the Knicks! Take that back lol...any team in the east who takes out the Heat...I would love them forever. Get it done!

christian1923
12-08-2011, 02:57 PM
If chandler breaks down we can just amnesty him anyways

Fatal9
Chandler with no PG is going to be a flashback to Charlotte.

Clutch
Is this necessary?
It would be a douche move.

bagelred
7 months till Steve Nash baby!!!:cheers:

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 02:58 PM
if we trade amare for paul i expect david west to be included

kenny817
No you can't...contracts signed under the new cba cannot be amnestied

InspiredLebowski
If chandler breaks down we can just amnesty him anywaysNo you can't. Only amnesty-able guys are guys already on your roster and signed to a contract pre-lockout.

DStebb716
Marc Stein just reported that this is 98% done and that the Knicks are considering offering Amare in CP3 deals.

Mr. Incredible
Just reported, a source close to Tyson said 98% Tyson ends up with Knicks

Rose
12-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I honestly can't believe this. On one hand, I've been saying Tyson Chandler would be the PERFECT complement to amare and melo. D'Antoni would LOVE Tyson cause he's athletic and versatile...not a lumbering center.

On the other hand, this price is just ridiculous....and Tyson's injury history is a concern.

But on the other hand, we've been saying that a true defensive big man can help you win a championship...even moreso than point guards.

Yet, on the other hand, this takes us out of the D Will, Howard, and Paul races.

But the real question is, why do I have so many hands? :confusedshrug:

............pondering.............
I think it's smarter, and stupider.

Stupid because they now have an chronically injury plagued frontcourt. But smart because they compliment each other.

Stupid because D-will and probably Paul are going to be great for the next 6-10 years. Smart because it opens the door for the system itself, next offseason, who can probably play another 2-3 years at his elite level.

Depends on if you like sacrificing the far off future for the more immediate one.

InspiredLebowski
Chris Mannix says the move has Boston feeling more encouraged they could convince CP3 to stay if they traded for him.

I don't care if they could or not, just that they think they could. Rondo to Indy!

bluechox2
Marc Stein just reported that this is 98% done and that the Knicks are considering offering Amare in CP3 deals.
i dont know if im ok with trading the guy that brought the franchise back from hell

airchibundo507
Chandler with no PG is going to be a flashback to Charlotte.

Knicks with no lack of interior D and rebounding is going to be flashback of the dominance of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Rodman.

DStebb716

Wrong. You can only amnesty players that were on your team prior to the new CBA.

christian1923
12-08-2011, 03:00 PM
No you can't. Only amnesty-able guys are guys already on your roster and signed to a contract pre-lockout.

ah tits :hammerhead: lol he better stay healthy then

InspiredLebowski
12-08-2011, 03:01 PM
If the Hornets don't want Rondo for Paul I don't see why they'd want Stat.

Could maybe send a message to players that heading for the superteams isn't always a great idea though.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Chris Mannix says the move has Boston feeling more encouraged they could convince CP3 to stay if they traded for him.

I don't care if they could or not, just that they think they could. Rondo to Indy!

Everyone deserves an early Christmas present today!!

YO HO YO HO, a dynasty for me.

WhySoInsecure?
12-08-2011, 03:02 PM
:cry: I hope this is just a bad dream

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Is this necessary?

That would be incredibly stupid. PGs are easier to get than all-star PFs and given the mileage of KG, Dirk, Gasol and Duncan Amare might be the best package of skill and experience at the position next year.

bluechox2
what happens with grant hill?
i was psyched to hear him close to signing

airchibundo507
That would be incredibly stupid. PGs are easier to get than all-star PFs and given the mileage of KG, Dirk, Gasol and Duncan Amare might be the best package of skill and experience at the position next year.

preach, my boy. PREACH!

All Net
12-08-2011, 03:05 PM
If Hornets want Amare why wouldn't they want Pau? he may be older but has less years and money.

niko
12-08-2011, 03:06 PM
If the Hornets don't want Rondo for Paul I don't see why they'd want Stat.

Could maybe send a message to players that heading for the superteams isn't always a great idea though.
They wouldn't. Non starter.

I love Rondo on Indiana. Boston's vets don't want him bossing them around, well, Indiana's young players would hate it and respond to it at the same time. He'd instantly make them all tough as hell. I love it.

BTW, people keep crapping on the Knicks for having injury prone players, having Paul and his bad knees wouldn't exactly stop that - don't get me wrong, i'd take him in a second. But his knees are a concern.

DStebb716
12-08-2011, 03:06 PM
what happens with grant hill?
i was psyched to hear him close to signing

Would still have the exception to use on him, but then the PG situation blows.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:07 PM
They wouldn't. Non starter.

I love Rondo on Indiana. Boston's vets don't want him bossing them around, well, Indiana's young players would hate it and respond to it at the same time. He'd instantly make them all tough as hell. I love it.

BTW, people keep crapping on the Knicks for having injury prone players, having Paul and his bad knees wouldn't exactly stop that - don't get me wrong, i'd take him in a second. But his knees are a concern.

preach, my boy. PREACH!

DStebb716
12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Do the Knicks really need a PG?

Look at the most recent champs:
Mavs: Jason Kidd/JJ Barea
Lakers: Derek Fisher 1500000 times.
Celtics: An undeveloped Rondo who was doubted (just like any Knicks PG will be)
Spurs: Tony Parker (very solid)
Heat: Gary Payton or Jason Williams, don't really know.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Defense wins championships, right? The haters said before that even if we acquire CP3, we still play no defense. This is the right move. Dallas without Chandler isn't much of a defensive team. Chandler is a gamechanger. This is the right move!

We were bad at defense largely because of a lack of big men and a lack of rebounding. Chandler adds to BOTH of those while sealing off the paint.

mountainmamba

This is exactly what i say when people tell Laker fans to take cp3 over Dwight. My exact argument.

christian1923

not that great of a Pg, but something better than douglas. they need a vet like all those other teams had, besides boston

bagelred
12-08-2011, 03:12 PM

PG is the most overrated position as far as championshps go. Plus, there are so many good PGs floating around, Knicks will get SOMEBODY to join them in July. Probably Nash.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:12 PM

preach, my boy. PREACH.

It's the most overrated position in basketball. Give me the guy who contests every lay-up.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Tyson is exactly what we have needed for years. A shot blocking 7 footer who rebounds and plays defense.

There is a god!

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Tyson is exactly what we have needed for years. A shot blocking 7 footer who rebounds and plays defense.

There is a god!

THANK YOU BASED GOD!!!

iDunk
12-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Haters gon hate .. and I have a feeling Haters ARE hating right now.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Haters gon hate .. and I have a feeling Haters ARE hating right now.

damn right. well they gotta reason to hate now. The Knicks have the most powerful amalgamation of wholly complementing talent that this league has seen in years. This is more than a Big 3. This is the Dynastic Trio.

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Damn I haven't seen Knick fans this wild since the start of the 2010 offseason

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:24 PM
too many years Melo has been ridiculed for coming up short in a ridiculously talented conference. too many years Melo has been overshadowed by the media hype machine and preferential treatment of his contemporaries. too many years Melo has been lost in the fray dreaming of reclaiming his glory. too many years Melo wasted away his potential in a forlorn mountainous wasteland. too many years Melo cried tattoo tears yearning for his day of glory.

Alas my friends, Melo ventured to this concrete jungle of New York and now his throne has been established. Melo will slay the dragons and the demons and bring back hope to humanity. Until that day, that glorious day when Melo takes center stage and triumphs over LeBron in the ECF and then Durcant in the Finals...

Melo looms.

kenny817
12-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Damn I haven't seen Knick fans this wild since the 2010 offseason
this^

WhySoInsecure?
12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/20-do-not-want.jpg

christian1923
too many years Melo has been ridiculed for coming up short in a ridiculously talented conference. too many years Melo has been overshadowed by the media hype machine and preferential treatment of his contemporaries. too many years Melo has been lost in the fray dreaming of reclaiming his glory. too many years Melo wasted away his potential in a forlorn mountainous wasteland. too many years Melo cried tattoo tears yearning for his day of glory.

Alas my friends, Melo ventured to this concrete jungle of New York and now his throne has been established. Melo will slay the dragons and the demons and bring back hope to humanity. Until that day, that glorious day when Melo takes center stage and triumphs over LeBron in the ECF and then Durcant in the Finals...

Melo looms.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

airchibundo507
Choose sides now!

Shall ye be affiliated with the Darkness--the Miami Heat?

Or shall ye emerge triumphant when the Light--the Dynastic Trio--rises to defend the integrity of the NBA?

JustinJDW
12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Shit is crazy....

SmackOrH.A.K
12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
where does it say that they have agreed to terms? can someone post it in the OP please.

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 03:31 PM
down south miami is setting up stage for a curry bash
not 1, not2, not 3 ..cheeseburgers, not 4. not 5...

EnoughSaid
12-08-2011, 03:31 PM
This could literally put the Knicks right up there with the Heat and Bulls. Crazy.

Let's see if they can keep Amare and not get CP3.

Blue&Orange
12-08-2011, 03:34 PM
The first thing it pops on my mind when i think of Tyson Chandler is overrated...

But hey if Nene is getting the max lol, welcome to NY Chandler.

iDunk
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Melo looms.
POST OF THE YEAR.

Blue&Orange
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM

Melo looms.
repped

Clutch
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM

Melo looms.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rowe
12-08-2011, 03:43 PM
What the ****. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
What the ****. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i kinda see this backfiring on us, chandler and amare both need good point guards to play well, both are injury prone chandler might take it easy witht he big payday and ring on hi s finger

EnoughSaid
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Why are Knicks fans raging so much? Do they REALLY want to keep Amare?

Blue&Orange
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
I know what happened, Knicks heard Bosh was bulking up to play center and they were like heh whatever, but then they heard Eddy Curry was on his way to Miami, and they got scared so they jumped all over Chandler.

brownmamba00
12-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Did you guys learn nothing in the past years?:oldlol:
Chandler is gonna bust harder walnuts. He's not gonna look good in NYC's system.

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Why are Knicks fans raging so much? Do they REALLY want to keep Amare?
it would be a dick move to trade him
and trading him for another injury prone player\

i first would see what orlando would want if amare is available

niko
12-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Last Week Knick Fans.

WE NEED DEFENSE? PAUL? WTF? IS PAUL A CENTER? ****ING D'ANTONI BALL!

Today

NOT CHANDLER! WE LOST THE OPPORTUNITY FOR PAUL! I WANTED A DEFENSIVE MINDED CENTER, um...

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
http://twitpic.com/show/iphone/7qens7

christian1923
12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
http://twitpic.com/show/iphone/7qens7

ayeeee swag:bowdown:

creepingdeath
Did you guys learn nothing in the past years?:oldlol:
Chandler is gonna bust harder walnuts. He's not gonna look good in NYC's system.
Oh, he'll play great.. ........ in his contract year. :oldlol:

Rnbizzle
Last Week Knick Fans.

Today

NOT CHANDLER! WE LOST THE OPPORTUNITY FOR PAUL! I WANTED A DEFENSIVE MINDED CENTER, um...
:lol :lol Sad but true.

Rowe
i kinda see this backfiring on us, chandler and amare both need good point guards to play well, both are injury prone chandler might take it easy witht he big payday and ring on hi s finger

I'd have 0 problem if we used this money to go after a younger, better C in Marc Gasol. However, Chandler has a history of playing well for 1 season then disappearing the next. He goes from an "overpaid/injury prone" Center to a "centerpiece" of a defense. I cant imagine the thought of doing this deal with him of all people.

brownmamba00
12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Week Knick Fans.

Today

You do realise you're signing only an above average center for the MAX deal. 15M/year. Dude's gonna make more money then D-Wade.

IMO the Knicks should stick with the plan. Go after Kwame or Dalembert, and just wait for CP3.

DStebb716

What makes you say either needs a good PG to play well? We haven't really seen Amar'e without a good PG so that claim makes no sense. Chandler's best year came with a social security version of Jason Kidd.

Rowe
Last Week Knick Fans.

Today

I've always been of the belief we need to grab CP3.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I'd have 0 problem if we used this money to go after a younger, better C in Marc Gasol. However, Chandler has a history of playing well for 1 season then disappearing the next. He goes from an "overpaid/injury prone" Center to a "centerpiece" of a defense. I cant imagine the thought of doing this deal with him of all people.

you know, that's true. damn it.

if last year was an anomaly, we might be f*cking ourselves over.

Rowe
12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
What makes you say either needs a good PG to play well? We haven't really seen Amar'e without a good PG so that claim makes no sense. Chandler's best year came with a social security version of Jason Kidd.

The problem is that our PG will be Iman Shumpert or Toney Douglas.

I dont see either really running the offense well enough for Amare or Chandler to be successful. In fact Shumpert & TD are more of a SG than a PG.

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
we are throwing max money at chandler of all pple...

iDunk
Can somebody photoshop Chandler with the sleeve on in a Knicks uni?

niko
I've always been of the belief we need to grab CP3.
You don't know if we can though. Like with Melo, people assume they know what or what he will not do. Perhaps teh Knicks heard that he's open to resigning with wherever he gets traded. Then what? Or if the Lakers rumor is correct. Then we are ****ed, he's not leaving LA.

Rose
Last Week Knick Fans.

Today

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 03:59 PM
only other explanation is if coach staff thinks iman is next rondo

Rowe
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
you know, that's true. damn it.

if last year was an anomaly, we might be f*cking ourselves over.

I dont understand this move at all. Not in the slightest way.

Chandler is a major upgrade at our C position, but at the price knowing his inconsistent play throughout his entire career is just a prime example of Dolan's poor management & shortsightedness.

Chandler won a Championship in 2011
Chandler was traded for a bag of peanuts & Erick Dampier in 2010
Chandler was almost traded for a bag of peanuts to OKC in 2009
Chandler put up a double double in 2008
Chandler put up a double double in 2007
Chandler was traded for a bag of peanuts in 2006

Thats the course of his career.

He goes from overpaid to valuable basically every season.

bagelred
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
only other explanation is if coach staff thinks iman is next rondo

Seriously. Look at the opportunity thrown at Douglas and Shumpert.

Rowe
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
You don't know if we can though. Like with Melo, people assume they know what or what he will not do. Perhaps teh Knicks heard that he's open to resigning with wherever he gets traded. Then what? Or if the Lakers rumor is correct. Then we are ****ed, he's not leaving LA.
I felt if we couldn't get CP3 that the backup plan would definetly be something at PG & C either via trade or Free Agency. We'd have enough cap space to make those moves in 2012.

However, Tyson Chandler being the backup plan never crossed my mind at all. Not at this price in which he will be highly paid for the sake of improving our interior defense.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I dont understand this move at all. Not in the slightest way.

Chandler is a major upgrade at our C position, but at the price knowing his inconsistent play throughout his entire career is just a prime example of Dolan's poor management & shortsightedness.

Chandler won a Championship in 2011
Chandler was traded for a bag of peanuts & Erick Dampier in 2010
Chandler was almost traded for a bag of peanuts to OKC in 2009
Chandler put up a double double in 2008
Chandler put up a double double in 2007
Chandler was traded for a bag of peanuts in 2006

Thats the course of his career.

He goes from overpaid to valuable basically every season.

you're going to make me vomit, dude.

Last year was in fact a contract year, too! He might show up out of shape, more than content with already winning a championship ring and netting a huge contract.

I agree. This is too much of a risk. At the same time, CP3 is likely off the table. You want us to wait it out? It seems like DWill has no intention of playing hear.

niko
12-08-2011, 04:11 PM
1050 reporting that Paul's people told Knicks to get him via trade as he is not willing to leave money on the table in FA. There you go...

Rowe
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Seriously. Look at the opportunity thrown at Douglas and Shumpert.

The problem is both are Combo-Guards.

Shumpert in the mold of Larry Hughes down pact to the poor shot selection.
Douglas is just another undersized SG playing PG.

Since Fields is a poor ballhandler, & Melo isn't a player who gets others involved on offense we will be trusting Iman or TD as being our main ballhandler on the floor.

We've seen 3 years worth of TD to know he will never be a NBA PG.

Shumpert is up in the air. I expected him to emerge as our starting SG down the line, but never expected he'd be getting the PG reigns from day 1.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Let's throw the exact same contract to Gasol and see if he bites.

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
goodbye paul

DStebb716
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33755940

Yahoo Sports reports the Knicks are close to a 4-year deal with Chandler worth $58 million.

bluechox2
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33755940
we save 2 million:banana: :party:

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
anybody else see this as new york hitting the panic button?

Reverend Hoops
12-08-2011, 04:21 PM
My goodness. NY is done. They are not getting CP3.

Tyson has won the lottery.

Bosnian Sajo
Stupid, get rid of your only good point guard to get a center...Just replacing one problem with another.

iDunk
We have the best front court in the league. :rockon:

Steve Nash is pretty much a lock next season.

Rowe
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
you're going to make me vomit, dude.

Last year was in fact a contract year, too! He might show up out of shape, more than content with already winning a championship ring and netting a huge contract.

I agree. This is too much of a risk. At the same time, CP3 is likely off the table. You want us to wait it out? It seems like DWill has no intention of playing hear.
Yep. I'd much rather wait it out into 2012.

Using the amnesty clause on Balkman would've put us at about $16 Million under the cap. Trading Douglas for a 2nd rounder would've put us at $18 Million under the cap.

If CP3 didnt reach Free Agency, there is always Dwight to pursue.

If we couldn't acquire Dwight, then we'd have $18 Million to put a better team around Melo/Amare. We could go the veteran route going after 2 of KG, Nash, or Duncan. We could go the RFA route putting offer sheets out to the likes of Westbrook, Lopez, McGee, Hibbert, or even Andrew Bynum.

We're just throwing it all away behind Chandler on far too much money in a knee jerk move.

I had resigned myself to the possibility of our C position for just 1 more season being a rotation of Turiaf, Jeffries, & Jerome Jordan.

Or maybe going after someone like Kwame or Aaron Gray on 1 year deal.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM

you better just pray that front court can stay healthy.

sportin_life
12-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Chandler is a great fit for NY, but waiving or trading Billups to make room and a ridiculous contract seem like way too much to give up for him. Is it just me or is Billups becoming underrated?

Clippersfan86

Definitely became a MUCH more respectable and top 3 FC in the NBA with Chandler. He's EXACTLY the type of center NY needs. Grats NY fans!

MeLO MvP 15
agreed.

Unless Paul told NY's people (probably Melo too) that he'd force his way to NY only if they brought Chandler. And even then it'd be tricky because it would require an Amar'e deal to get him. Meaning either NY takes LA's spot in the three team trade with Houston (meaning Amar'e heads to Houston, Paul to NY and the Houston assets to New Orleans) and gets a deal done soon, Paul becomes a FA and then Amar'e is amnestied giving NY space to sign him, or he just doesn't come at all and NY rolls out arguably the best front court in the NBA with Melo-Amar'e-Chandler.

christian1923
12-08-2011, 04:24 PM
you better just pray that front court can stay healthy.

Just pray anyone on your team stays healthy too

All Net
Chandler needs to give Dirk some of that money...

Reverend Hoops

And the worst backcourt in the league.

Toney Douglas-Landry Fields :roll:

brownmamba00
12-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Dude will bust hard:roll: Can't believe the Knicks are fukking a potential championship team up.

again

rhythmic
Jerry Buss and Mitch are lighting their cigars as they hear the news... :rockon:
**** Tyson, 15 million a year? He is not worth.

DevilsAssassin

Memphis will match anything Gasol is offered

PJR
12-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Wow.

Rowe
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Agreed.

Gasol is only 26 and entering his 4th season. He's better than Chandler, and at the very least he offers some upside that he would improve into being a Top 5 Center. He was a MVP in Europe, and has been healthy for much of his career in the NBA.

I mean he went off in the Playoffs going for 15/11/2/2.

I could see him putting those numbers up or better playing next to Amare.

Reverend Hoops
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Dude will bust hard:roll: Can't believe the Knicks are fukking a potential championship team up.

again

With no PG on the roster he will play like he did on the Bobcats. Decent, but not worth 60 mill. I also don't see him playing all 66 games.

hawkfan
12-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes that's about right. They'll have to move Turiaf for more I guess....this is crazy.

If it's a sign and trade, maybe they can move a Renaldo Balkman and that would be enough.

iDunk
Definitely became a MUCH more respectable and top 3 FC in the NBA with Chandler. He's EXACTLY the type of center NY needs. Grats NY fans!
:cheers:

JohnnyWall
It's cool that the Chandler brothers get to play on the same team now. :D

hawkfan
Agreed.

Gasol is only 26 and entering his 4th season. He's better than Chandler, and at the very least he offers some upside that he would improve into being a Top 5 Center. He was a MVP in Europe, and has been healthy for much of his career in the NBA.

I mean he went off in the Playoffs going for 15/11/2/2.

I could see him putting those numbers up or better playing next to Amare.

Marky Marc is going nowhere because Memphis will match any offer that is out there.

MeLO MvP 15
12-08-2011, 04:30 PM
This deal has so many other effects.

If it happens:
-What happens to Billups? Is he amnestied or traded (sign and trade or for just cap space)?
-What happens with Grant Hill? (depends on if Tyson is achieved via sign and trade or not because that effects whether we have the MLE or not)
-Who plays PG? Does NY go harder after Barea now? Hope for a good amnesty guy (Davis?), sign a FA, make a trade or wait it out?
-Does this re-open the doors to a Chris Paul trade? Maybe, depends on NY's willingness to deal Amar'e and if Houston or another third team would want him and give assets to New Orleans.

Rowe
Memphis will match anything Gasol is offered
Well, I'd love to see them do it at $14 Million per year.

That frontline would all be on 5 year deals at $15 Million for Gay, $17 Million for Z-Bo, and $14 Million for Gasol.

Its worth the risk.

iDunk
And the worst backcourt in the league.

Toney Douglas-Landry Fields :roll:
Shumpert is probably going to be a better NBA than 75% of your teams roster.

rhythmic
12-08-2011, 04:31 PM

Good signing just overpaid. He isn't worth more then 8-10 million, he isn't much of an offensive threat. Even when has has Kidd & Paul setting him up for easy buckets. For that kind of money, a one-dimensional player, should be the biggest defensive force in the league.

Tyson is not that.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:32 PM

That frontline would all be on 5 year deals at $15 Million for Gay, $17 Million for Z-Bo, and $14 Million for Gasol.

Its worth the risk.

exactly.

Rowe
Marky Marc is going nowhere because Memphis will match any offer that is out there.
Let them do it.

Fact is he is worth giving an offer sheet like this too.

If Memphis matches, then at least we tried.
If Memphis gets cold feet and lets him go, then we got our C.

What do we risk losing? Tyson Chandler(our backup plan) going to Golden State? OK. That becomes the Warriors problem.

DevilsAssassin

Its worth the risk.

Carmelo Anthony $18 Million
Amare Stoudmire $18 Million
Marc Gasol $14 Million

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

kenny817
Chandler needs to give Dirk some of that money...
Dirk needs 70% of this new contract
Give 20% to Kidd
Tyson can keep the rest...that's still $5.8 mil for him

TheBluest
12-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Chandler brothers as in who?

brownmamba00
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
With no PG on the roster he will play like he did on the Bobcats. Decent, but not worth 60 mill. I also don't see him playing all 66 games.

He sucked on the 'Cats. He sucked so bad they basically traded him for a bag of chips.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Let them do it.

Fact is he is worth giving an offer sheet like this too.

If Memphis matches, then at least we tried.
If Memphis gets cold feet and lets him go, then we got our C.

What do we risk losing? Tyson Chandler(our backup plan) going to Golden State? OK. That becomes the Warriors problem.

I doubt you can even make that offer, because you have no capspace. You

RRR3
12-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Wilson Chandler last played on the Nuggets and is currently trapped in China.

airchibundo507
12-08-2011, 04:38 PM
okay, 50/50 chance this could be good or bad.

If Chandler actually improved last season and can bring the same energy and effort to the Knicks this year, we are contenders.

If the guy doesn't give a f*ck with his ring and money, this ends any chance we have at competing. Seriously, this could easily go down as a move us Knicks fans will regret within a year.

I really think we need a new coach to implement a defensive culture. Maybe that might motivate Chandler to play like he did in Dallas.

Rowe
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
This deal has so many other effects.

If it happens:
-What happens to Billups? Is he amnestied or traded (sign and trade or for just cap space)?
-What happens with Grant Hill? (depends on if Tyson is achieved via sign and trade or not because that effects whether we have the MLE or not)
-Who plays PG? Does NY go harder after Barea now? Hope for a good amnesty guy (Davis?), sign a FA, make a trade or wait it out?
-Does this re-open the doors to a Chris Paul trade? Maybe, depends on NY's willingness to deal Amar'e and if Houston or another third team would want him and give assets to New Orleans.
IMO we are better off with Stat/Melo/Chandler than CP3/Melo/Chandler.

At the very least we have 2 Elite Forwards who can take over a game.

My biggest issue with CP3 is that he doesn't take over games, and that would put far too much pressure on Melo alone to carry the scoring load. He'd be great if he had Stat & Melo to play with because his job would be to get them the ball and let them go to work. When teams start doubling either guy, CP3 would get the chance to do his damage by driving the lane or hitting open 3's.

It would've been perfect.:(

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
okay, 50/50 chance this could be good or bad.

If Chandler actually improved last season and can bring the same energy and effort to the Knicks this year, we are contenders.

If the guy doesn't give a f*ck with his ring and money, this ends any chance we have at competing. Seriously, this could easily go down as a move us Knicks fans will regret within a year.

I really think we need a new coach to implement a defensive culture. Maybe that might motivate Chandler to play like he did in Dallas.

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/capt.6ef5d0a2e67c441a8dc09a0126146ca5.hawks_rocket s_basketball_txde112.jpg

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Wilson Chandler last played on the Nuggets and is currently trapped in China.

They aren't even brothers lol

Rowe
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I doubt you can even make that offer, because you have no capspace. You

alenleomessi
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
so i guess cp3 to knicks is even closer now?

Rowe
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Carmelo Anthony $18 Million
Amare Stoudmire $18 Million
Marc Gasol $14 Million

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

1. We historically can afford those costs, unlike Memphis.

2. I'd much rather have that frontline in terms of competiting for a Title than Gay/Randolph/Gasol. Having seen Randolph play & knowing his history, he will bring down the Grizzlies regardless.

kenny817
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
1. We historically can afford those costs, unlike Memphis.

2. I'd much rather have that frontline in terms of competiting for a Title than Gay/Randolph/Gasol. Having seen Randolph play & knowing his history, he will bring down the Grizzlies regardless.

What exactly are you saying here?:wtf: