PDA

View Full Version : Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

iDunk
12-08-2011, 04:33 PM
@daldridgetnt

Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

JohnnyWall
12-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Link: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8710

EoJ
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt

iDunk
12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Nets getting trolled hard today.

Fiasco
12-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Really?

Yay!

unbreakable
Caron has a chance to play with goodass teams and he goes to the Clips LOL money talks fellas.. money talks

BGriffin's Dad
hey spurs fans hating on us, where you at???

Clippersfan86
wow!

Fatal9
12-08-2011, 04:36 PM
but but Caron stayed overnight in San Antonio :oldlol:

Fiasco
12-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I am now going to YouTube myself doing the dougie.

mattvNJ
12-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I am now going to YouTube myself doing the dougie.
:lol :lol awaiting link

rhythmic
12-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Damn, huge signing.
Dallas are done man.

Kaman, Griffin, Butler, Gordon & M.Williams?
I honestly see a strong contender now.

iDunk
12-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Butler is exactly what the Clippers need. The Clipper starting 5 can now all give you 15+ a game. Lock for the playoffs.

Williams/Gordon/Butler/Griffin/Kaman

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
but but Caron stayed overnight in San Antonio :oldlol:

Spurs fans in that other thread are mad.

Da Doc04
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
great pick up for the Clips!

Fiasco
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
:lol :lol awaiting link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8gx4vzrudA

DuMa
why does that seem cheap?? oh yeah chandler is gettin 15 million a year!

hawkfan
If Chauncey gets amnestied, I think the Clippers are eligible to put a bid.

Add Chauncey Billups, and the Clippers are going to the playoffs.

BGriffin's Dad
:eek: let's not get carried away now

it's happening, broski! the floodgates are open. The Clippers era is here!

pandora only comes out of the box, he doesn't go back in.

ChandlerParsons
12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Btw Chandler Parsons is back niglets France was fun af time to onw everyone in the NBA :rockon:

iDunk
12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
why does that seem cheap?? oh yeah chandler is gettin 15 million a year!
*14.5 :no:

chazzy
12-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Nice. I don't think they'll get CP3 so it's good they shored up another position they need. Depending on his health they should definitely compete for a playoff spot.

DuMa
so i dont have to throw away my rasual butler clips jersey now?

PleezeBelieve
Solid signing, but they will need to upgrade their PG position. I say go for it and offer Gordon + Minny pick for Paul.

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Fiasco
12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Solid signing, but they will need to upgrade their PG position. I say go for it and offer Gordon + Minny pick for Paul.

We'll just pick up Billups off the amnesty waivers, what up!

BGriffin's Dad
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
even if we don't get CP3...

Billups/Gordon/Caron/Griffin/Jordan + keep Minny pick.... damnnn

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
We'll just pick up Billups off the amnesty waivers, what up!

that ni99a is worse than "Mo Shots, Mo Problems"

PleezeBelieve
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Clips needs Paul for this to work. You all mnow this, right? Clips still have their pick to get a SG in next year's draft. You keep Jordan and maybe will be able to flip Kaman @ the deadline.

Paul
Bledsoe
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

PleezeBelieve
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
even if we don't get CP3...

Billups/Gordon/Caron/Griffin/Jordan + keep Minny pick.... damnnn
No, you need Paul. Billups is done.

Fiasco
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
that ni99a is worse than "Mo Shots, Mo Problems"

lmao

chazzy
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Clips needs Paul for this to work. You all mnow this, right? Clips still have their pick to get a SG in next year's draft. You keep Jordan and maybe will be able to flip Kaman @ the deadline.

Paul
Bledsoe
Butler
Griffin
Jordan
Problem is there's no guarantee Paul resigns with them.. that's why both the Clippers and Warriors are reluctant to give up Gordon and Curry

Wonder Bread Kid
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
So 8 million a year. More than what was reported.

BGriffin's Dad
12-08-2011, 04:50 PM

Paul
Bledsoe
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

how are we going to get him without giving the pick? EJ + Mo + Aminu for CP3?

DevilsAssassin
Problem is there's no guarantee Paul resigns with them.. that's why both the Clippers and Warriors are reluctant to give up Gordon and Curry

actually there were many reports indicating that Paul would sign an extension if he was traded to the Clippers

PleezeBelieve
Clips need to man up, offer Gordon + Minny pick, get Paul.

Period.

Paul and Butler trying to win now. F*ck the pick when you getting the best PG in the league, in his prime. Clips fan need to think BIGGER and not just playoff contention.

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Clipper fans is aminu that bad? Wasnt he a top 10 pick? Tell me about this kids game. Why is he not given a chance? I dont know jack about him so Id like to hear some scouting report on him pls.

BGriffin's Dad
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Clips need to man up, offer Gordon + Minny pick, get Paul.

Period.

Paul and Butler trying to win now. F*ck the pick when you getting the best PG in the league, in his prime. Clips fan need to think BIGGER and not just playoff contention.

yeah, but if CP3 doesn't end up extending we're ****ed... i'd rather keep Gordon and our pick

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
LOl, if the Mavs are willing and able to pull off S&T deals for Butler and Chandler, they

Fiasco
12-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Clipper fans is aminu that bad? Wasnt he a top 10 pick? Tell me about this kids game. Why is he not given a chance? I dont know jack about him so Id like to hear some scouting report on him pls.

Drafted as a 4, trying to convert to a 3. Similar build and skill set as Luol Deng. Lacks confidence, weak mentally, tends to play horribly when he has none and plays fantastically when he does.

Streaky shooter. Shot something like .500 from the 3 point line early in the season, but getting moved to the bench destroyed his confidence. Large wingspan, potential to be an elite defender.

Horrible handle on the ball, turnover prone, but is also great at stealing and can defend both 3's and 4's. He was matched up against LeBron and Melo in several games and both had a hard time scoring on him.

Still young, needs to improve his catch-and-shoot game, but he has ridiculous potential. Biggest sport cliche: has all the tools, just needs the toolbox.

chazzy
12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
actually there were many reports indicating that Paul would sign an extension if he was traded to the Clippers
Just rumors though.. if they had that assurance they would've done the deal already

(e)
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Good signing for the Clips. Definitely wanted him here in Chicago.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Just rumors though.. if they had that assurance they would've done the deal already

Exactly. You guys don't realize how good Eric Gordon can be. He can be that Brandon Roy type second tier superstar SG. Not quite Wade/Kobe but definitely elite all around player is in the cards if he works hard and tightens up ballhandling/post game.

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Good signing for the Clips. Definitely wanted him here in Chicago.

8 million a year for a guy on the wrong side of 30 coming of an achilles tendon tear. That is a huge risk imho.

(e)
12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
8 million a year for a guy on the wrong side of 30 coming of an achilles tendon tear. That is a huge risk imho.

I didn't want him for 8 million lol. Bulls offered their MLE to him.

MooseJuiceBowen
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
hey spurs fans hating on us, where you at???

congrats. will you still have that avatar when blake leaves?? lol

TH3SYST3M
12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
His last big season was before the knee surgery. Hope he has plenty in the tank/stays healthy this season, for the Clippers sake.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Looks good on paper, we'll see. Good signing for LA though

Darius
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Butler is exactly what the Clippers need. The Clipper starting 5 can now all give you 15+ a game. Lock for the playoffs.

Williams/Gordon/Butler/Griffin/Kaman

Eh - not so sure.

We needed someone who plays defense, spreads the floor and passes.

Does Caron do any of those things?

At least money/time is reasonable for his impact.

MichaelCheazley
Drafted as a 4, trying to convert to a 3. Similar build and skill set as Luol Deng. Lacks confidence, weak mentally, tends to play horribly when he has none and plays fantastically when he does.

Streaky shooter. Shot something like .500 from the 3 point line early in the season, but getting moved to the bench destroyed his confidence. Large wingspan, potential to be an elite defender.

Horrible handle on the ball, turnover prone, but is also great at stealing and can defend both 3's and 4's. He was matched up against LeBron and Melo in several games and both had a hard time scoring on him.

Still young, needs to improve his catch-and-shoot game, but he has ridiculous potential. Biggest sport cliche: has all the tools, just needs the toolbox.

Hmm... Clippers have 2 intriguing prospects in bledsoe and him. Let alone minny pick.... Repped.

Clippersfan86

Not really. Will be first time Clippers have ever been over cap in general really. It's good to see them commit to winning. As long as he's healthy he's a guaranteed 14-15 ppg, 5 rpg guy to go with a couple assists. He's the PERFECT 3rd option for this team. You're in good shape when other recent all stars like Kaman+Mo Williams are your 4th and 5th scoring options.

BGriffin's Dad
12-08-2011, 05:06 PM
congrats. will you still have that avatar when blake leaves?? lol

no, i'll drop it by then.. but it's going to be a long time until he retires.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Eh - not so sure.

Caron shot what 43 percent from deep last year before injury? He plays very solid, physical D. He was also a 5 apg player a few years ago. At the end of the day beggars can't be choosers my brother. We need to realize just how bad Gomes was. When you double the scoring from a position.... the wins pile on. Even if Butler isn't THE most ideal player... his impact will be immediate.

Droid101
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt
So much for the Spurs "upside." :lol

Darius
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Caron shot what 43 percent from deep last year before injury? He plays very solid, physical D. He was also a 5 apg player a few years ago. At the end of the day beggars can't be choosers my brother. We need to realize just how bad Gomes was. When you double the scoring from a position.... the wins pile on. Even if Butler isn't THE most ideal player... his impact will be immediate.

Not saying he doesn't make us better.

He does.

Not saying he isn't a good player.

He is.

Just not really a great fit... I agree though, our options were fairly limited at this point with Prince off the market.

I'd rather have snagged RJ for less but whatevs... it's better than having Gomes starting.

Not mad at signing, esp since its a shorter contract and not much of an overpayment but it's not a dream signing by any stretch.

Wonder Bread Kid
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM

He went for the money not the chance to win now.

8 million a year. Yikes!

MichaelCheazley
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Dont even try to criticize this signing people. The clippers are starting to collect a good amount of talent. AND they have good prospects to boot. Future is looking up indeed. And i couldn't be happier the less successful teams (historically)are starting to get a chance to be good. And hopefully we will have championships in franchises that have never had one or many before. Watch out west, the clippers might be the next big thing.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM

:roll: :roll: :applause: . ESPN article said Butler chose Clippers because he's a huge fan of the young team and Blake Griffin. He feels they can win a championship in the next few years. Guess I'm not the only "delusional" one?

Darius
12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Exactly. You guys don't realize how good Eric Gordon can be. He can be that Brandon Roy type second tier superstar SG. Not quite Wade/Kobe but definitely elite all around player is in the cards if he works hard and tightens up ballhandling/post game.

How can Eric Gordon be as good as B. Roy?

B. Roy could control the game with his passing and ball handling.

Gordon hasn't shown any of that ability.

Gordon is a great scorer who plays D... very nice player to have but pre-injury Brandon Roy was someone who could make other players better.

Wonder Bread Kid
12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
:roll: :roll: :applause: . ESPN article said Butler chose Clippers because he's a huge fan of the young team and Blake Griffin. He feels they can win a championship in the next few years. Guess I'm not the only "delusional" one?

That 8 million dollars would make anything say some stupid stuff. The only people who think the Clippers are going to win a title in the next few years are delusional Clipper fans and the junkies on skid row.

Lebowski
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM

Nah I like the Clippers too. 8 million per is a little high imo but Clippers def. got better. I

Rowe
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Good short term signing.

By the time he expires you'll hope that he has been surplanted in the starting lineup by Aminu or potentially Harrison Barnes(Minnesota Top 5 pick).

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:18 PM
How can Eric Gordon be as good as B. Roy?

B. Roy could control the game with his passing and ball handling.

Gordon hasn't shown any of that ability.

Gordon is a great scorer who plays D... very nice player to have but pre-injury Brandon Roy was someone who could make other players better.

Not comparing them as similar or equal players. I think peak Roy can be reached by Gordon. He was a 22.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg in his peak. Gordon's easily a more gifted scorer and has already nearly matched that assist total last year. He won't be the floor general or rebounder of Roy... but he can be an elite guard. My only point was that people are underrating the peak of EJ.

Rowe
12-08-2011, 05:20 PM
That 8 million dollars would make anything say some stupid stuff. The only people who think the Clippers are going to win a title in the next few years are delusional Clipper fans and the junkies on skid row.

"Few" as in duration of Butler's contract(3 years)? I agree. They aren't ready.

That doesn't mean they wont be contenders at some point down the line.

Darius
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Not comparing them as similar or equal players. I think peak Roy can be reached by Gordon. He was a 22.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg in his peak. Gordon's easily a more gifted scorer and has already nearly matched that assist total last year. He won't be the floor general or rebounder of Roy... but he can be an elite guard. My only point was that people are underrating the peak of EJ.

Statswise Gordon will likely top B.Roy but he will never have the same impact on his teammates IMO.

TMT
12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Awesome pickup Clips. Definitely a nice piece to add to the Gordon + Griffin formula.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Statswise Gordon will likely top B.Roy but he will never have the same impact on his teammates IMO.

Agree. Roy has an intangibles edge. He can still be a hell of a player in his own regard though :cheers: . Just saying dude needs to stay put.

alenleomessi
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
and why the hell cp3 wouldnt want to sign an extension with the clippers?!?

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 05:36 PM

no they didn't trade him yet, because the Hornets are asking for Eric Gordon, and the Clippers won't include him in the deal.

LemonMan
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
but guys, the upside of the spurs!

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM
but guys, the upside of the spurs!

Why do you think the Clippers had to pay eight million dollars? Well negotiated by Butler and agreed he landed on a better team, if not this season, than certainly in 2012/2013.

ihatetimthomas
12-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Eh - not so sure.

I really wanted Prince for the Clippers because I think he would have fit in better because of his range and he has never played with many touches. He has lost a step on D but he can still hold his own and is a solid help defender.

Butler is coming off a serious injury, so I am not sure why they didn't go harder for Prince. But I would say Butler adds a player who can create and he is a guy who needs to be covered on offense. His D is not bad, but not great. Think its kind of a risk still. But I am still happy Clippers got someone to help at the 3. Gomes was not cutting it.

JustinJDW
12-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Shit. I wanted the Spurs to get Butler and then L.A to get Prince. Thought that fit much better. Oh well, good signing nonetheless. Hope he plays well.

I guess the Spurs are settling for Josh Howard. :(

LemonMan
12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
In the end, he adds more versatility to the clippers' offense. We needed another option other than blake/EJ for consistency. We filled a very giant hole in our team. Nice sign clips

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:53 PM
In the end, he adds more versatility to the clippers' offense. We needed another option other than blake/EJ for consistency. We filled a very giant hole in our team. Nice sign clips

I remember at least 5 games last year where Brian Cook had to be our go to scorer at times because we didn't have a dependable 3rd option. That will never happen again :oldlol: .

LemonMan
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I remember at least 5 games last year where Brian Cook had to be our go to scorer at times because we didn't have a dependable 3rd option. That will never happen again :oldlol: .
Thank God we won't have to see that again:facepalm

RRR3
12-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Not really. Will be first time Clippers have ever been over cap in general really. It's good to see them commit to winning. As long as he's healthy he's a guaranteed 14-15 ppg, 5 rpg guy to go with a couple assists. He's the PERFECT 3rd option for this team. You're in good shape when other recent all stars like Kaman+Mo Williams are your 4th and 5th scoring options.
Look, man getting Butler is great and I think you guys now have a legitimate chance to challenge for the 8 seed, but Mo Williams and (to a lesser extent) Chris Kaman may have been all-stars, but IMO they have never been all-star caliber players.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Thank God we won't have to see that again:facepalm

:cheers: . I'm glad my confidence in Olshey paid off for now. One thing I love about Butler that nobody is talking about is that every fan base/front office has called him an extremely hard worker, very good leader and very very good locker room guy. For a young team like ours that's HUGE. I expect him to do what Cuttino Mobley and Sam Cassell did and bring professionalism, swagger and good work ethic to this team and be that big difference we need.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Look, man getting Butler is great and I think you guys now have a legitimate chance to challenge for the 8 seed, but Mo Williams and (to a lesser extent) Chris Kaman may have been all-stars, but IMO they have never been all-star caliber players.

Doesn't matter if they are all stars or ever were. Clippers have SERIOUS firepower in the starting 5 and bench now.

RRR3
12-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Doesn't matter if they are all stars or ever were. Clippers have SERIOUS firepower in the starting 5 and bench now.
Yep. I hope they get CP3 too, I can't stand the thought of the Lakers getting him.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Yep. I hope they get CP3 too, I can't stand the thought of the Lakers getting him.

Honestly I'd rather keep Gordon+DJ+Minny pick. Imagine if team can add another young, future star to the core? Mo Williams is solid for now. No real point to trading Kaman now though since we got a good SF.

Definitely will hold Kaman I bet.

G-train
12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
He is a solid veteran, but the reality is he is an injury prone dude coming off a major injury.
Will be an interesting season for him.

Glide2keva
12-08-2011, 06:09 PM
He does know he just signed with the Clippers, right?

Glide2keva

Glide2keva

Fatal9
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 06:12 PM
:lol :lol :lol

bdreason
12-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Why so much excitement over Butler? He's old and coming off major knee surgery... and the Mavs played better without him last year. He's an upgrade for the Clips at SF, but hardly a game changer.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 06:15 PM

:roll:

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Why so much excitement over Butler? He's old and coming off major knee surgery... and the Mavs played better without him last year. He's an upgrade for the Clips at SF, but hardly a game changer.

Lol at him not being a game changer. This dude is respected around the NBA by players as a star caliber player. Not saying he will make an all star team again but he is indeed a good impact player.

R.I.P.
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Lol at him not being a game changer. This dude is respected around the NBA by players as a star caliber player. Not saying he will make an all star team again but he is indeed a good impact player.

Yeah he

chips93
12-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Honestly I'd rather keep Gordon+DJ+Minny pick. Imagine if team can add another young, future star to the core? Mo Williams is solid for now. No real point to trading Kaman now though since we got a good SF.

Definitely will hold Kaman I bet.

the thing about the pick is, that this year there are almost no good pg prospects, so if pg is the one position that the clippers want to improve in, then they arent going to fill that need in the draft.

thats why i dont love this butler signing. the draft is stacked with sfs. barnes, terrence jones, quiny miller, kidd-gilchrist, all of these guys are top notch prospects.

if i were the clippers i would have just held out this off-season. this is a young team, no need to rush and sign any vets to long term contracts, let your young guys develop alongside one another, draft a sf. see where you are in a couple years, and sign vets only when your almost contending, to put you over the top.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Yeah he

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 06:22 PM
the thing about the pick is, that this year there are almost no good pg prospects, so if pg is the one position that the clippers want to improve in, then they arent going to fill that need in the draft.

thats why i dont love this butler signing. the draft is stacked with sfs. barnes, terrence jones, quiny miller, kidd-gilchrist, all of these guys are top notch prospects.

if i were the clippers i would have just held out this off-season. this is a young team, no need to rush and sign any vets to long term contracts, let your young guys develop alongside one another, draft a sf. see where you are in a couple years, and sign vets only when your almost contending, to put you over the top.

I agree it's a bad year for PG's. Thing is we can draft a SF to take Butler's position in 2-3 years.... OR we can draft best player available and trade him for a star PG. Still win win.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 06:23 PM
"According to another league source, the Spurs offered Butler a four-year, $21 million deal, the full value of their mid-level exception. The Nets went even bigger -- four years and $30 million, according to sources -- but Butler preferred to play in Los Angeles alongside Griffin and Gordon."

DevilsAssassin
12-08-2011, 06:24 PM
"According to another league source, the Spurs offered Butler a four-year, $21 million deal, the full value of their mid-level exception. The Nets went even bigger -- four years and $30 million, according to sources -- but Butler preferred to play in Los Angeles alongside Griffin and Gordon."

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Nets trying to learn from lessons of last year, when they overpaid for players in free agency. They eased back on Caron Butler today.

:roll: :roll: :roll: Nets

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Nets trying to learn from lessons of last year, when they overpaid for players in free agency. They eased back on Caron Butler today.

:roll: :roll: :roll: Nets

Yup. I saw that too. Nets backed off today apparently. Either way he preferred Clips. Reason I said Clips were most likely ended up being true. Clippers offered him best combination of role, money+ chance to contend long term. Bulls offered him the chance to win... but not the money or role (he would be getting played out of position and all over place). Spurs offered him chance to contend short term and great role but not most money. Nets offered him most money with very little chance to contend soon and a big role.

G-train
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM

I agree he could make an impact if he can stay healthy, 'star caliber' is a stretch. He was a star, hasn't really been one for a couple of seasons. But a strong veteran player when healthy.

MooseJuiceBowen
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Spurs fans in that other thread are mad.

we will only be mad if we dont fill that role which we will. of course we would of loved to have caron. hes a good defender a real tough guy you guys got a good pickup.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I agree he could make an impact if he can stay healthy, 'star caliber' is a stretch. He was a star, hasn't really been one for a couple of seasons. But a strong veteran player when healthy.

Yea... he will never be a star again. Capable, solid, 3rd option veteran on both ends of the floor? Definitely. He's not an empty stats player.

MooseJuiceBowen
12-08-2011, 06:39 PM

good to see a player not make a choice based on money. thats why I like this guy

2LeTTeRS
12-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Great signing by the Clips. People only think of Caron as a scorer, but he also does all the little things a team needs from its supporting players to win.

Wonder what happens with the center situation now. I still believe they should re-sign DJ and trade Kaman.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Most ironic thing is because it's the CLIPPERS who signed him everybody wants to talk about how overrated he is or how he's injury prone. Yet when the Spurs and Bulls were making room for him it was a GREAT move that deserved praise and respect :oldlol: . Funny how perceptions get in the way of facts/reality.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Great signing by the Clips. People only think of Caron as a scorer, but he also does all the little things a team needs from its supporting players to win.

Wonder what happens with the center situation now. I still believe they should re-sign DJ and trade Kaman.

:cheers: Exactly. I'm also wondering about Kaman/DJ situation. If Warriors hike price too much we need to ask ourselves if it's smart to match. If it stays under 11 mill I say you need to match. I'd say Kaman will be less likely to be trade since we have a SF now. I honestly think Bledsoe is going to show big improvements this year and shore up our PG rotation. We are better off taking the cap dump and letting Kaman walk probably.

Then we draft a SF in this super deep SF class so that when Caron does get injured or declines.. we have his replacement with someone lik Gilchrist or Barnes etc.

G-train
12-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Butler is a good signing for every team, I'm just surprised at contract amount and length due to age, ability and injury history.
Thought 2 years 15m maybe.
35 year old butler on 9m is excessive to me.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Butler is a good signing for every team, I'm just surprised at contract amount and length due to age, ability and injury history.
Thought 2 years 15m maybe.
35 year old butler on 9m is excessive to me.

I agree. Reality is... teams like Clippers and Nets who are unproven.. have to convince players to join up with the almighty dollar. Players probably still have doubts about the Clippers. So I'm okay with team paying 2 mill a year too much if it guarantees a significant upgrade. My only worry is we are adding an injury prone guy as a 3rd option to an already stupidly injury prone team. Imagine if Butler also misses significant time along with guys like EJ? We would be screwed.

qrich
12-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm so/so on this signing but am glad Olshey is making moves to improve the team and not just for the sake of it. While Prince, and even AK, would have been better fits, Butler is a good slasher and think he'll fit in nicely.

I just hope Gomes gets amnestied.

qrich
12-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Spurs said to offer Butler four years at full MLE. Nets offered 4 years, and slightly more $ than Clips. Butler chose LA err... Blake

Ramona Shelburne

Guess there goes the "no one wants to play for the Clippers"