PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith - emotional Lamar Odom Interview about trade

Turkododo
12-09-2011, 01:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=7333531

lakers are classless.

lamar odom is emotional about the potential of a trade. odom is suggesting that his participation on the Kardashian reality show, with Khloe Kardashian, rubbed management the wrong way. and apparently none of the lakers coaches showed up to his award presentation in the sixth man of the year.

it's hard to listen to him.

stallionaire
12-09-2011, 01:18 AM
The Lakers have never had class.

edit: But when they were in Minneapolis?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-09-2011, 01:19 AM
cool story Dude...

Turkododo

sour grapes ??? nobody wants Rondo...lol :roll:

imdaman99
12-09-2011, 01:19 AM
damn son

Kobe 4 The Win
12-09-2011, 01:21 AM
That shit hurts.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Sad clip.

alanLA92
12-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Guy's been one of my favorite players since he became a Laker and it was hard to think that the Lakers traded him away. It's even more sad that he was basically trolled by the league.

DevilsAssassin
12-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Sad clip.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltkvg9QJww1qlidxm.gif

R3AL NY BaLLeR
12-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Damn son its a business but people do get hurt in the process

Turkododo
12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
cool story Dude...

sour grapes ??? nobody wants Rondo...lol :roll:

Celtics management and the city of Boston to Rondo and his respective agent, "Rondo is our guy."

son, we are loyal in boston, unlike you people in los angeles.

ihatetimthomas
12-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Unfortunately, this is a business. There is nothing classless about the Lakers. Plenty of people do not want to leave the teams they play for, but this is just how it is.

This is why these players get paid the big bucks. There are plenty of benefits and luxuries that come with it you gotta take the good with the bad.

The Lakers are just an organization intent on winning. This was nothing personal. The Lakers struggled mightily in the playoffs. All the Lakers struggles. Gasol and LO clearly didn't play up to par. The Lakers had an opportunity to get a superstar, and they acted on it.

Through the course of Lakers history, they have treated their players with utmost respect and they have been one of the most classy organizations.

I love Lamar and I love Gasol, but Lakers are intent on winning, and that is #1 priority as should it be for every team.

G-Funk
12-09-2011, 01:55 AM
He's still making millions

LA_Showtime
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Unfortunately, this is a business. There is nothing classless about the Lakers. Plenty of people do not want to leave the teams they play for, but this is just how it is.

This is why these players get paid the big bucks. There are plenty of benefits and luxuries that come with it you gotta take the good with the bad.

The Lakers are just an organization intent on winning. This was nothing personal. The Lakers struggled mightily in the playoffs. All the Lakers struggles. Gasol and LO clearly didn't play up to par. The Lakers had an opportunity to get a superstar, and they acted on it.

Through the course of Lakers history, they have treated their players with utmost respect and they have been one of the most classy organizations.

I love Lamar and I love Gasol, but Lakers are intent on winning, and that is #1 priority as should it be for every team.

While I agree with you, Lamar and Pau both deserved a phone call at the very least. Jim Buss has to get his stuff together..

dbugz
12-09-2011, 02:02 AM

The double standard on leaving a team and trading a players.

The LeBron/Bosh/Melo case. Their decision to leave their previous teams is because they just wanted to win. Owners/Fans hated them to the point that they're calling these guys traitors.

The Odom/Gasol case. Been loyal to the team and helped them win championships. Owner/fans - This is a business son. Thanks. Bye.

no pun intended
12-09-2011, 02:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhCMx43emw

Sad.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Jim Buss isn't starting off on a good foot here. He made it really clear he wanted to clear out any of the Phil Jackson people. Brian Shaw felt a little disrespected when he heard that he didn't get the job on ESPN. Kobe wasn't consulted before bringing in Mike Brown and he seemed a little peeved about it. Now Lamar saying that nobody called him to let him know he might get dealt. Business is business but do these guys not deserve a heads up?

LA_Showtime
12-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Jim Buss isn't starting off on a good foot here. He made it really clear he wanted to clear out any of the Phil Jackson people. Brian Shaw felt a little disrespected when he heard that he didn't get the job on ESPN. Kobe wasn't consulted before bringing in Mike Brown and he seemed a little peeved about it. Now Lamar saying that nobody called him to let him know he might get dealt. Business is business but do these guys not deserve a heads up?

It all comes down to ego. ****ing ego.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-09-2011, 02:09 AM

no he doesnt deserve a heads up...its all fcuking business...

Did LAMAR signed for MLE when the lakers had no money??? Fcuking took what was he worth it isnt it?

jlip
12-09-2011, 02:26 AM
My comments from another thread:

Listening to Odom's comments on Sportscenter a few minutes ago confirms how I've always felt. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) that he thought that he was going to be in LA for the remainder of his career, and hearing that he could be traded without his consent is disturbing. He said that he would hate to be treated as if he's just "a number." Knowing that owners can trade players without the player even knowing it and with no consequences, is why I don't care when players leave teams as free agents without telling their teams. No one ever feels sorry for the players when that happens, why would I feel bad for the teams/ owners when players treat them the same way? Teams/ owners are not loyal. Why should players be?

Kobe 4 The Win
12-09-2011, 02:38 AM
no he doesnt deserve a heads up...its all fcuking business...

Did LAMAR signed for MLE when the lakers had no money??? Fcuking took what was he worth it isnt it?

I think players that have been there for years and won championships for you deserve a phone call when they are being dealt. The same way I felt that Lebron owed the Cavs better than "The Decision". It's a matter of respect and it goes both ways.

Collie
12-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Players RARELY get told they are being traded. Heck, a lot of them even learn about it through the news.

maybeshewill13
12-09-2011, 03:05 AM
Man, Lamar is gonna' be so pissed at the Lakers, and now he's back to playing with them. He's over the moon that he gets to stay in LA, but probably super pissed at the organization.

Lucifer
12-09-2011, 03:44 AM
http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1031_lamar_odom_bn_lakers_ap-1.jpg

When the trade was announced. From Stephen A

"Spoke to Lamar (Odom) after the news broke, and he was very emotional, really sad, and he sounded like he was in tears during our conversation."

When trade was killed via LO's twitter

When a team trades u and it doesn't go down? Now what?

Day 1: Media day.

Will update tomorrow with video and quotes.

PyrrhusX
12-09-2011, 03:46 AM
I feel bad for the guy.
But lol @ topic.:violin:

Soundwave
12-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Lamar Odom Injury Report:

Out 4-6 weeks; bruised clitoris.

DirtySanchez
12-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Honestly....dude doesn't deserve this...but it's a job at the end of the day.

DirtySanchez
12-09-2011, 03:48 AM

Lmao

MTing
12-09-2011, 03:49 AM

:roll:

TonyJones
12-09-2011, 03:49 AM
I feel bad for dude...

He has to play for an organization he now knows does not want him. He dreamed of retiring there and now he knows he probably won't.

TheCorporation
12-09-2011, 03:52 AM
I feel bad for the guy.
But lol @ topic.:violin:

Haha yes, I agree

clutchcity512
12-09-2011, 03:58 AM
more like, khloe kardashian sucide watch

Lucifer
12-09-2011, 03:59 AM
more like, khloe kardashian sucide watch

nope, she said on twitter she's fine with moving to new orleans if she had too. negged.

clutchcity512
12-09-2011, 04:01 AM
nope, she said on twitter she's fine with moving to new orleans if she had too. negged.

***** please, she's already filing divorce papers.

Lucifer
12-09-2011, 04:04 AM
***** please, she's already filing divorce papers.

wrong. come back to my thread when you have actually have something to contribute.

( 26 posts in almost 2 years, whats your real account?)

Legends66NBA7
12-09-2011, 04:08 AM
I'm actually more concerned about Pau Gasol.

Remember the playoffs? How is he taking it? We haven't even heard a word from him...

disel
12-09-2011, 04:10 AM
wrong. come back to my thread when you have actually have something to contribute.

Rocketsgreatness aka obsessed with yaos balls

clutchcity512
12-09-2011, 04:10 AM

BREAKING: Boarder who can't understand a joke post, makes joke thread.

Joshumitsu
12-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Dude helped win the Lakers 2 rings and BAM, he gets blindsided. It's like he found out his wife cheated on him.

He needs to leave this abusive relationship and go to the Clips.

lock
12-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Dude helped win the Lakers 2 rings and BAM, he gets blindsided. It's like he found out his wife cheated on him.

He needs to leave this abusive relationship and go to the Clips.

Dude needs to remember he plays in the NBA and it's a business and not go on the radio and cry that he won't get to go to movie premieres anymore and that he is being paid millions of dollars a year to play a game. :facepalm

Kobe 4 The Win
12-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Players RARELY get told they are being traded. Heck, a lot of them even learn about it through the news.

I know, and my point is that this isn't such a great idea.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-09-2011, 05:49 AM
lol, some of you guys are d**ks. You probably whine and throw fits any time you job f**ks you over.

alenleomessi
12-09-2011, 05:50 AM
wow this shit is sad
f*ck the lakers

12-09-2011, 06:04 AM
People from Los Angeles are soulless. It's all about the money, plastic surgeries, and all superficial hedonism the US negatively known for.

This does not surprise me they treat Lamar the way he said they did.

RazorBaLade
12-09-2011, 06:15 AM
People from Los Angeles are soulless. It's all about the money, plastic surgeries, and all superficial hedonism the US negatively known for.

This does not surprise me they treat Lamar the way he said they did.

How dare we try to trade someone to get better. I bet the Heat were REALLY kind to Beasley and treated him very selflessly and respectful.

tomtucker
12-09-2011, 06:16 AM
surprised to hear him almost cry.......don

tomtucker
12-09-2011, 06:18 AM
would be fun if he went to Miami.....and they beat the Lakers in the finals

devin112
12-09-2011, 06:18 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]surprised to hear him almost cry.......don

Toizumi
12-09-2011, 06:28 AM
He's doubting himself now, Saying that maybe he rubbed the organization the wrong way with doing the reality show and that he felt like he played good for them, winning the award last year, but that it maybe wasn't enough..

The whole trade wasn't about the Lakers getting rid of Lamar. They wanted Chris Paul.. it's just business for the Lakers, but Lamar takes it very personal. I can fully understand this, since what is business to the Lakers in this case, influences a great part of his personal life.

12-09-2011, 06:30 AM
How dare we try to trade someone to get better. I bet the Heat were REALLY kind to Beasley and treated him very selflessly and respectful.

I would include Miami, Boston, and NYC with LA as the most soulless fickle NBA cities in the US.

LA's has had a good run at championships. Let the team die with the current players and let other teams win some rings. LA's too spoiled and they want more more more! Give it a rest already!

PS: Seattle's better. I am from Seattle.

12-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Is it the city itself or the franchise that matters to Lamar?

He can always go the Clips.

fubu05
12-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Is it the city itself or the franchise that matters to Lamar?

He can always go the Clips.

Man have clippers fans been multiplying exponentially or what? Every thread, the smallest hint of a player involved in a trade and the clips are always in the middle of things. Wasn't like this last time I was on here :S

The-Legend-24
12-09-2011, 06:54 AM

:oldlol:

blacknapalm
12-09-2011, 07:03 AM
f@g on knee comment had me rolling. but for real, i've always rolled with odom. he's just emotional and not dealing with haters well right now. just feeding the trolls...stern will have the audacity to fine him when he's the main reason why he went off. golden

WoGiTaLiA1
12-09-2011, 07:13 AM
If having to go home as an NBA star and be greeted by a wookie hasn't killed him I'm pretty sure getting traded isn't reason to put him on suicide watch.

305Baller
12-09-2011, 07:22 AM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6452/duny.jpg

MaxFly
12-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Celtics management and the city of Boston to Rondo and his respective agent, "Rondo is our guy."

son, we are loyal in boston, unlike you people in los angeles.

If we had the opportunity to get CP3 for Rondo and we thought CP3 would sign an extension, Rondo would be on a plane flying down to NO the next day. I love Rondo, but let's face facts here... dude would be gone.

RazorBaLade
12-09-2011, 07:43 AM
I would include Miami, Boston, and NYC with LA as the most soulless fickle NBA cities in the US.

LA's has had a good run at championships. Let the team die with the current players and let other teams win some rings. LA's too spoiled and they want more more more! Give it a rest already!

PS: Seattle's better. I am from Seattle.

I feel what you're saying. It's hard for me to agree with you but I feel you.

I don't know why America in general is so anti communism but they are for communism in sports, its kind of weird. I'm sure you don't look at someone who's more well off than you and think he should be homeless and you should be rich. But with sports its totally like that, so strange.

bluechox2
12-09-2011, 08:35 AM
i dont blame lamar, if he left la, khloe would divorce his ass
i dont c a kardashian show going to NO once in a while

JohnnySic
12-09-2011, 08:45 AM

Remember the playoffs? How is he taking it? We haven't even heard a word from him...
Here was Gasol's reaction to the trade:

http://somuchdamage.com/stuff/nene.gif

Done_And_Done
12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Last night during his interview with Stephen A he also eluded to the reality show with his wife having possibly rubbed some folks in the organization the wrong way but that's a lack attempt to try to justify this trade. Lamar, the Lakers wanted to trade you to enhance their team by bringing in an elite point guard, plain and simple - and your sh*tty reality show had nothing to do with it....

Lucifer
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM

Paulina is actually okay.

Here's what he posted on twitter

Good night everyone! It's been a crazy day but as always I'm going to be & stay positive. Thanks everyone for your appreciation and support..

I don't think international players give a $hit where they go, sure it sucks to be in a $hitty position, but they never really make the states 'home'. Whereas a guy like Lamar, his fam is here, kids are in school here, in a city he's been in most of his career (clipper days as well), and he's been on the lakers for a while now. throw in his off the court drama there's only so much the mind can take. DON'T DO IT LAMAR!!!!!

FrenchDude
12-09-2011, 09:50 AM
LMFAO at a millionaire sobbing on radio because he might be traded.
What was that nonsense about him having a dream and people laughing at him?

heyhey
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
LMFAO at a millionaire sobbing on radio because he might be traded.
What was that nonsense about him having a dream and people laughing at him?

When did being rich prevent people from being sensitive? lol the entire psychology profession exist to make money of sensitive/emotional rich folks.

FrenchDude
12-09-2011, 10:38 AM
When did being rich prevent people from being sensitive? lol the entire psychology profession exist to make money of sensitive/emotional rich folks.

He should remember that he's being payed more than decently for playing the game he loves. And I believe that this alone should outweight the negative of him having to move to another city.

I can understand millionaire athletes breaking down when they retire or got severely injured even though there are clearly worst things in the world. But in Lamar's case, I mean come on...

cteach111
12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
well, this is how it is. unless you're the face of the franchise, always be prepared to move.