PDA

View Full Version : Report: Warriors push for DeAndre Jordan; Waive Jeremy Lin

Legends66NBA7
12-09-2011, 08:07 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick/

As reported by @gswscribe, Warriors push 4 DeAndre Jordan getting serious. They waived Lin and held off on signing rooks to preserve space.

D-H-12
12-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Jeremy Lin is Good point guard , he should play with any nba team and prove it

cuad
12-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Someone has to pick him up.

iDunk
12-09-2011, 08:25 PM
If the Knicks can't pick up a veteran PG, I'd honestly be happy with Lin for the minimum. He's a very smart person and that usually equates to a smart player, he can probably learn D'Antoni's plays and carry them out in 2 weeks as a backup 2nd or 3rd string PG (depending if Douglas is the starter come start of the season).

Lebron23
12-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Rockets needs to sign this kid. I heard he's good with calculations.

KB2009Champ
12-10-2011, 01:13 AM

Lol, not sure how many will get this.

vinvin01
12-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Warriors are gonna screw the Clippers... Obviously the Clippers want to keep Jordan, but they don't want to overpay him like they're gonna have to.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Warriors are gonna screw the Clippers... Obviously the Clippers want to keep Jordan, but they don't want to overpay him like they're gonna have to.

I'll be rooting even more to kick their as*es on opening night.

MichaelCheazley
12-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Similar to the utah jazz- blazers beef. With millsap and matthews lol.

baseketball4life
12-10-2011, 03:27 AM
I think to match the Clipps have to go 5 years 50M for this kid.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 03:28 AM
Clippers have let it be known tonight that they will match any offer. Same way Memphis basically warned other teams they aren't getting Gasol. Olshey and Blake Griffin also had this to say.

"I'm assuming he'll be back here in uniform," said Neil Olshey, the Clippers' vice president of basketball operations. "But right now, I don't control that part of the process. He'll be back in here and he'll be excited to be here, and I know this is where he wants to be."

Griffin, Jordan's best friend on the team, has been in contact with him. Griffin wants Jordan back.

"He's got to take care of his business," Griffin said. "I wish him the best. But he's still very much a part of this team in our minds. So, we'll see what happens."

vinvin01
12-10-2011, 03:32 AM
I think it's a bit stupid to let everybody know they're gonna match any offer. Owners of other teams can safely offer a lot of money to Jordan so Clipps have to overpay him...

ballinhun8
12-10-2011, 03:33 AM
Clips should let him walk.

How are you going to pay a guy 10 million a year who won't even average 10 ppg!

Kaman is still a top 10 C in this league. He's more talented and if needed can be in a trade for an upgrade.

That's too much money for DJ. They can just draft another guy who is big and athletic like that with "upside". Hell Daniel Orton is a clone of his and he was like a top 20 pick. They can easily replace him.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 03:33 AM
I think it's a bit stupid to let everybody know they're gonna match any offer. Owners of other teams can safely offer a lot of money to Jordan so Clipps have to overpay him...

I see no reason why they would intentionally sabotage the Clippers. Especially because the Clippers can troll them in return. If let's say somebody tries to troll and offer 15 mill... and DJ signs offer sheet. Clips can decline to match and that team is fu**ed with the contract. That's what prevents this from happening.

bdreason
12-10-2011, 03:37 AM
Lin is not good. I watched him jump from the NBA to the D-league multiple times last year.

As for DJ, I don't want him at that price. I'd rather grab Turiaf for nothing since the Knicks are giving him away.

bdreason
12-10-2011, 03:38 AM
I'll be rooting even more to kick their as*es on opening night.

You're not going to win in Oakland on opening night, c'mon son. :no:

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 03:41 AM
You're not going to win in Oakland on opening night, c'mon son. :no:

David Lee hates seeing Blake Griffin on the schedule and Monta hates seeing EJ.. that's all I gotta say :oldlol: :cheers: . No but seriously it's going to be a badas* game. Definitely two teams that can go back and forth and it can go both ways. I hope Caron Butler stops guys like Dorrell Wright and Reggie Williams.. both of which destroyed us last year with Gomes guarding them.

bdreason
12-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Ya it's going to be awesome. Clips are actually my second favorite team, I just can't support them too much because we're in the same division. :cheers:

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Ya it's going to be awesome. Clips are actually my second favorite team, I just can't support them too much because we're in the same division. :cheers:

I understand for sure dude. :cheers: . I'm bummed you guys didn't get Chandler or Nene :( . We are going to match DJ for sure. What are you guys going to do about center? Would you trade David Lee for somebody like Bynum/Bogut? I think that would balance the Warriors out a lot more to have that defensive anchor and have court capable big.

bdreason
12-10-2011, 03:59 AM
I understand for sure dude. :cheers: . I'm bummed you guys didn't get Chandler or Nene :( . We are going to match DJ for sure. What are you guys going to do about center? Would you trade David Lee for somebody like Bynum/Bogut? I think that would balance the Warriors out a lot more to have that defensive anchor and have court capable big.

I think we got a steal in Jeremy Tyler and Udoh can play the 5. We still have Biedrins, but I think the team is moving him one way or another. I wouldn't mind adding Turiaf back for cheap since NYK are giving him away.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 04:01 AM
I think we got a steal in Jeremy Tyler and Udoh can play the 5. We still have Biedrins, but I think the team is moving him one way or another. I wouldn't mind adding Turiaf back for cheap since NYK are giving him away.

True. Just need more physical bigs for sure. Tyson would of been perfect. Too bad NY stole that one. I guess for now you guys will just stick with the 8 second offense, try to blow every team out style that's so entertaining :applause: .

Rowe
12-10-2011, 04:06 AM
Lin is not good. I watched him jump from the NBA to the D-league multiple times last year.

As for DJ, I don't want him at that price. I'd rather grab Turiaf for nothing since the Knicks gave him away.
Turiaf & $3 Million in cash went to the Washington Wizards.

UtahJazzFan88
12-10-2011, 04:09 AM
I'm starting to get tired of the DeAndre hype, he has no offensive game what so ever, if he gets a decent offensive game? :confusedshrug: Then I'll be on board with him.

Rowe
12-10-2011, 04:10 AM

Tyler needs time in the D-League this season.

He was barely a factor in Japan, and these last 2 years as a basketball vagabond have stunted his growth as a basketball player since his Junior Year of HS. Tyler has "Lottery talent", but it'll probably take a few years before he really starts playing like he should.

& yes you got a steal in Tyler. I wanted him bad in New York, instead we get a man nicknamed "Jorts" who by all means would've gone undrafted.:facepalm

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 04:11 AM
I'm starting to get tired of the DeAndre hype, he has no offensive game what so ever, if he gets a decent offensive game? :confusedshrug: Then I'll be on board with him.

Tyson Chandler who's about to get 15 mill a year says hi. Yes of course bigs get way overpaid... but DJ is already nearly on par with Tyson defensively and just turned 23. Dude has bunch of upside. Not to mention he's not injury prone at all and dude improved a ton last year.

It's not all about scoring dude. Besides nobody is calling him a dominant center or anything. Just a young, blossoming talented center. A defensive anchor.

Rowe
12-10-2011, 04:13 AM

Thats pretty surprising.

Hes been over-hyped for the last 5 years since he came out of HS. I literally was tired of the DeAndre Jordan hype before he even arrived at Texas A&M and was projected as a Top 5 Pick.

These teams will find out the hard way.

You're paying him $10 Million per year in hopes he plays up to it one day, whenever that day is.

baseketball4life
12-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Tyson Chandler who's about to get 15 mill a year says hi. Yes of course bigs get way overpaid... but DJ is already nearly on par with Tyson defensively and just turned 23. Dude has bunch of upside. Not to mention he's not injury prone at all and dude improved a ton last year.

It's not all about scoring dude. Besides nobody is calling him a dominant center or anything. Just a young, blossoming talented center. A defensive anchor.
you'd be in favor of the Clippers signing him to a 5 year 50M committment?

If I was a Clipper fan I'd want to pass at that price and just roll with Kaman.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Thats pretty surprising.

Hes been over-hyped for the last 5 years since he came out of HS. I literally was tired of the DeAndre Jordan hype before he even arrived at Texas A&M and was projected as a Top 5 Pick.

These teams will find out the hard way.

You're paying him $10 Million per year in hopes he plays up to it one day, whenever that day is.

You guys should be a bit more realistic. Hell he's a success story. Hyped as hell.. fell from grace due to bad publicity in college... fell to the Clippers as the 35th pick. Rode the pine for 2 years... forced into starting role as 3rd year player and flat out dominated at times.

Go watch clips of the stretch where he had 4 blocks or more in 10 straight games last year or w/e it was. Or go watch highlights of the 20 rebound, 14 point, 6 block, 3 assist game he dropped on Denver last year. DeAndre will likely never be a star... but 10 mill a year for a player that can easily break into the top 5-10 center discussion in the next year or two.. will seem like a bargain soon.

Phil Jackson flat out called DeAndre Jordan the reason why the Clippers were so dominant last year for that one month stretch. This dude is underrated if anything. Gotta pay for a decent 7 footer nowadays.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 04:19 AM

I'd be pissed that the price got driven up that high. Mainly because I think the Clippers 5/40 mill offer now is already generous. That being said.... not resigning such a good locker room guy and big piece of our core would send a very bad message to the team. If we let him go.. Eric Gordon and Griffin will likely follow in the coming years. Not saying we won't match them all... but they may try to leave.

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 04:19 AM

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11600000/I-m-good-with-calculation-the-dark-knight-11611069-640-366.gif

baseketball4life
12-10-2011, 04:24 AM
I'd be pissed that the price got driven up that high. Mainly because I think the Clippers 5/40 mill offer now is already generous. That being said.... not resigning such a good locker room guy and big piece of our core would send a very bad message to the team. If we let him go.. Eric Gordon and Griffin will likely follow in the coming years. Not saying we won't match them all... but they may try to leave.
Interesting take, I like DeAndre just as much as anyone, but 10M a year is gross overpay, really gross overpay. It doesn't look as bad if you compare it to what Tyson Chandler got but Tyson is more polished on the defensive end. It will be interesting, we should probably hear where DeAndre is headed tomorrow or sunday.

Lebron23
12-10-2011, 04:24 AM
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11600000/I-m-good-with-calculation-the-dark-knight-11611069-640-366.gif

Repped.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 04:27 AM
Interesting take, I like DeAndre just as much as anyone, but 10M a year is gross overpay, really gross overpay. It doesn't look as bad if you compare it to what Tyson Chandler got but Tyson is more polished on the defensive end. It will be interesting, we should probably hear where DeAndre is headed tomorrow or sunday.

Tyson is absolutely more polished and consistent. Plus he brings championship experience. No question though that when DJ is at his best.. he blows Chandler away. Like I said in other post. This is a guy who dropped 14 points, 20 rebounds, 6 blocks, 3 assists and 1 steal on the Nuggets with Nene guarding him. That's a MONSTER game. He also had that stretch of games where he was blocking shots like crazy.

Like NBA GM's say.... you gotta pay a premium for bigmen. It sucks balls but there are so few decent centers that if you don't overpay.. they will just go to highest bidder. The value of a defensive anchor in this day and age is astronomically high.

UtahJazzFan88
12-10-2011, 04:39 AM
Could always amnesty Chris Kaman... oh wait, it's Donald Sterling. :oldlol:

Smot Poker
12-10-2011, 04:49 AM

DeAndre and why he's so valuable to the Clippers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p51gvnVSFKc

DeAndre may not be a polished offensive player but his shot blocking, rebounding and dunking are PERFECT for the Clippers! Teams didn't know what to do with him and Griffin running on the wings during a fast break!

baseketball4life
12-10-2011, 05:07 AM
Tyson is absolutely more polished and consistent. Plus he brings championship experience. No question though that when DJ is at his best.. he blows Chandler away. Like I said in other post. This is a guy who dropped 14 points, 20 rebounds, 6 blocks, 3 assists and 1 steal on the Nuggets with Nene guarding him. That's a MONSTER game. He also had that stretch of games where he was blocking shots like crazy.

Like NBA GM's say.... you gotta pay a premium for bigmen. It sucks balls but there are so few decent centers that if you don't overpay.. they will just go to highest bidder. The value of a defensive anchor in this day and age is astronomically high.
I agree he does have the potential to be a top 5 defensive center in the league... and that pays.

As a Warrior fan I'm kind of indifferent on signing him at that price when we already have so much invested in useless Biedrins at C. I would welcome Jordan aboard no doubt, but would rather see Ellis dealt for Rudy Gay or Iggy before that.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 05:13 AM
I agree he does have the potential to be a top 5 defensive center in the league... and that pays.

As a Warrior fan I'm kind of indifferent on signing him at that price when we already have so much invested in useless Biedrins at C. I would welcome Jordan aboard no doubt, but would rather see Ellis dealt for Rudy Gay or Iggy before that.

I agree with that strategy. Too bad your FO doesn't see it that way.

xfactor99
12-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Ugh, I don't really see how trading Ellis for Gay is a good move. Ellis is making $12-13 mil to Gay's $17 mill and Gay is even more of a strictly scoring black hole than Ellis is. Plus we already have Dorell Wright at the 3 for a cool $5 million a year.

12-10-2011, 10:31 AM

With a degree in economics from Harvard, I'd say so. He could probably work in the front office taking care of the salary cap business.

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Clippers are in a lose lose situation, if they match the offer for Deandre he becomes overpaid, if they let him walk and he blows up on Golden State then all you'll hear is the Clippers are cheap. I'd let him walk because I just don't see how you can pay a guy 10 mil plus for half a season of production. They should sign some vets to bolster their front court and hold onto the pick from Minny.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Clippers are in a lose lose situation, if they match the offer for Deandre he becomes overpaid, if they let him walk and he blows up on Golden State then all you'll hear is the Clippers are cheap. I'd let him walk because I just don't see how you can pay a guy 10 mil plus for half a season of production. They should sign some vets to bolster their front court and hold onto the pick from Minny.

Yup... Clippers definitely in a lose/lose situation regarding DJ. What are the chances he takes a little less money for an extra year to stay where he wants and give the Clippers more flexibility? What I basically mean is.... what are the odds of him signing the Clippers smaller 5/40 mill contract? If so I'll seriously have a much greater respect for this guy.

Or is he going to use the cliche "I had to think about my family" and sign the bigger contract offer?

baseketball4life
12-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Yup... Clippers definitely in a lose/lose situation regarding DJ. What are the chances he takes a little less money for an extra year to stay where he wants and give the Clippers more flexibility? What I basically mean is.... what are the odds of him signing the Clippers smaller 5/40 mill contract? If so I'll seriously have a much greater respect for this guy.

Or is he going to use the cliche "I had to think about my family" and sign the bigger contract offer?
I don't see someone like him, this young, taking a pay cut. I think he will sign an offer sheet from GSW around 4 years at 44M. However I think LAC will match giving him a 5 year deal worth 50+M.... so LAC should still retain him.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't see someone like him, this young, taking a pay cut. I think he will sign an offer sheet from GSW around 4 years at 44M. However I think LAC will match giving him a 5 year deal worth 50+M.... so LAC should still retain him.

Wait you can change an offer when you match? I always assumed it had to be for the same exact contract. :confusedshrug:

wang4three
12-10-2011, 03:10 PM
DeAndre Jordan is going to become this generation's Micheal Olowoworthless

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 03:14 PM

:facepalm . Yes a 35th pick expected to be a long term project who happened to blow up into a defensive anchor.. is similar to a 1st pick that was expected to be a franchise player/changer. Learn about basketball some time man. It will do wonders for your posts.

qrich
12-10-2011, 03:17 PM

Yeah, I would be in favor of DJ getting a 5/50 contract, but it'll most likely be 4/42 since I've read that is the most the Warriors can offer at the moment.

And how is that?

wang4three
12-10-2011, 03:21 PM
:facepalm . Yes a 35th pick expected to be a long term project who happened to blow up into a defensive anchor.. is similar to a 1st pick that was expected to be a franchise player/changer. Learn about basketball some time man. It will do wonders for your posts.

Or maybe it's cause he's being overrated cause he played well (barely) during a contract season. Prior to that he was nothing special and played without motivation. He's a lazy guy. He was lazy at A&M which cost him a lottery bid, and he's going to be lazy and complacent once he gets this fat contract.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Or maybe it's cause he's being overrated cause he played well (barely) during a contract season. Prior to that he was nothing special and played without motivation. He's a lazy guy. He was lazy at A&M which cost him a lottery bid, and he's going to be lazy and complacent once he gets this fat contract.

He's not the same player he was at A&M. Blake rubbed off on him and turned him into one of the hardest workers in the league. Dude has put in serious work. He gained 20 pounds last offseason.... AND had a career year in 26 minutes a game. Not to mention... you are missing the idea of project big man. He wasn't taken to be a star.. hence why he barely played his first two seasons.

wang4three
12-10-2011, 03:28 PM
He's not the same player he was at A&M. Blake rubbed off on him and turned him into one of the hardest workers in the league. Dude has put in serious work. He gained 20 pounds last offseason.... AND had a career year in 26 minutes a game. Not to mention... you are missing the idea of project big man. He wasn't taken to be a star.. hence why he barely played his first two seasons.

Yeah I read the same things about Olowokandi every off season too. He was taken as a project big man too. He tested off the charts in athleticism and no one expected him to produce big his first two seasons in the league. Especially since he didn't start playing basketball till very late. Then came his contract year, he killed it (also with the Clippers) in a contract year and then everyone was on his nuts. He went on to signing a big deal with the Timberwolves and he went back to being a lemon. Outside of not being a first round pick, the situations are similar. Would you have preferred it if I said Erick Dampier? It's the still all the same to me.

baseketball4life
12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I would be in favor of DJ getting a 5/50 contract, but it'll most likely be 4/42 since I've read that is the most the Warriors can offer at the moment.

And how is that?
yeah but I was under the impression that LAC wanted to add a 5th year to the offer sheet which they could...

baseketball4life
12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Wait you can change an offer when you match? I always assumed it had to be for the same exact contract. :confusedshrug:
I think LAC can add a 5th year to the offer sheet, atleast that's what I read but I could be mistaken

MeLO MvP 15
12-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't be mad at NY for picking up Jeremy Lin as our Andy Rautins replacement, the end of the bench young PG who everyone roots for. I'd rather take a chance on the young guy over some over the hill guy like Bibby.

qrich
12-10-2011, 03:40 PM
yeah but I was under the impression that LAC wanted to add a 5th year to the offer sheet which they could...

Did not know that. I think the Clips will just match the 4/42 from the Warriors rather than add the extra year.

baseketball4life
12-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't be mad at NY for picking up Jeremy Lin as our Andy Rautins replacement, the end of the bench young PG who everyone roots for. I'd rather take a chance on the young guy over some over the hill guy like Bibby.
If and when the Warriors lose out on DeAndre they will just re-sign Lin.

1manfastbreak
12-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Warriors need to sign this guy, they need a defensive presence down low, he would be a great fit for the system. Handing out big contracts to bigs always scares me though, as the Dubs have tossed around some pretty ugly contracts in the past ($60 mil to Adonal Foyle, 60 mil to Erick Dampier, Biendrins, Troy Murphy) BUT, that was under the old ownership so ill put my doubts on reserve for the time being.

As for Jeremy Lin, i don't understand where all the praise is comming from?? Hes got some talent, sure, and of course is still very young, but outside of a couple good plays, he really didn't do much last season, not to mention he can't guard a lamp post. Spent a lot of time in the d-league, if youre depending on Lin to give your team quality minutes, that team is in trouble. all the azn warrior fans are about to be so pissed when they find out Lin was cut, they adored him

DuMa
12-10-2011, 04:17 PM
so he hasnt signed it yet. is this offer official?

qrich
12-10-2011, 04:18 PM
so he hasnt signed it yet. is this offer official?

I haven't heard anything official as of yet, but fully expect 4/42 to be matched by Olshey

dab0yech0
12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah I read the same things about Olowokandi every off season too. He was taken as a project big man too. He tested off the charts in athleticism and no one expected him to produce big his first two seasons in the league. Especially since he didn't start playing basketball till very late. Then came his contract year, he killed it (also with the Clippers) in a contract year and then everyone was on his nuts. He went on to signing a big deal with the Timberwolves and he went back to being a lemon. Outside of not being a first round pick, the situations are similar. Would you have preferred it if I said Erick Dampier? It's the still all the same to me.

Do you even watch Clippers basketball? The Kandi Man and DJ play nothing alike at all. If Kandi had half of DJs athleticism and played half the D he played, the Clippers would've made the playoffs with him and Mo Taylor in the front court.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Warriors holding off on pursuing DJ until they resolve CP3 situation. They are still hoping to get him. It really pisses me off because DJ is missing our fu**ing training camp!

baseketball4life
12-11-2011, 12:18 AM
The Warriors are poised to sign center DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet worth approximately $40 million over four years, according to multiple sources. The offer is expected to come Sunday.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Warriors-to-sign-Jordan-to-four-year-40-?blockID=609864&feedID=5882

this should be easily matched by LAC. To have a chance at DeAndre I would have thought GSW would have gone to 11M per year.

Al Thornton
12-11-2011, 12:20 AM
$10 million a year is really ridiculous, but not as bad as people were predicting.

baseketball4life
12-11-2011, 12:29 AM
$10 million a year is really ridiculous, but not as bad as people were predicting.
it's very high but affordable

InfiniteBaskets
12-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Heat should take a stab at Lin, could be Chris Quinn 2.0 for us.

bluechox2
02-13-2012, 09:34 AM
:applause:

OmniStrife
02-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Repped.

Nick Young
02-13-2012, 10:14 AM
prophet

SpecialQue
02-13-2012, 10:30 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Eg_Q7C4nDHA/TVf-fuNeLDI/AAAAAAAAAK0/TtUyhrIqgEQ/s1600/nostradamus.jpg

GOBB
02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Its obvious that poster is Jeremy Lin's brother and he posted because he was sick and tired of seeing his brother sleep on his couch. He cant even have a movie night with his girlfriend because Jeremy is asleep on the couch.

Shade8780
02-13-2012, 11:06 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/x2rkia.gif
:lol

Meticode
02-13-2012, 11:20 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

InfiniteBaskets
02-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Heat should take a stab at Lin, could be Chris Quinn 2.0 for us.

Why didn't we take a stab at Lin!?!? Although playing for us, he wouldn't be averaging close to what he's averaging now and we'd probably just have ended up cutting the kid :oldlol: