PDA

View Full Version : WTF, Celtics close to deal with David West?

iDunk
12-09-2011, 11:43 PM
daldridgetnt David Aldridge

Source: Cektics close to deal with free agent forward David West. Story up soon on http://NBA.com.

How does he fit in with Green on the bench and Garnett starting?

LA_Showtime
12-09-2011, 11:44 PM
That's interesting. Does that mean the Celtics are trading for Cp3?

MMM
12-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I wonder how this impact the long term cap room.

Fiasco
12-09-2011, 11:46 PM
That's interesting. Does that mean the Celtics are trading for Cp3?

Not unless Stern has anything to veto about it.

dbugz
12-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Didn't see it coming :eek:

Bass
Wilcox
and now West?

After signing different combo guards in the past seasons, seems like Ainge is now falling in love on signing F/C

with KG's age and knee condition, would he be coming now off the bench now? Shaq gave a hint that KG is playing hurt last season. Might be.

Blue&Orange
12-09-2011, 11:48 PM
I wonder how this impact the long term cap room.
I'm still wondering why Celtics and Mavs want cap space for 2012, OJ Mayo? Cause there won't be anybody else there to get, Howard and CP3 and Deron aren't losing their bird rights.

UtahJazzFan88
12-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Ainge doing a great job getting enough cap space to do this. Celtics are in a win NOW situation, this helps them tremendously do that.

Now they can have a Rondo-Allen-Pierce-West-Garnett line-up, or bring West off the bench with Green and start Wilcox/O'Neal.

D-Rose
12-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Where's the cap space? Or MLE used?

ProfessorMurder
12-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Wow, not expecting that...

longtime lurker
12-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Guess they'll be playing tons of small ball. Smart signing, gives Boston a chance to rest it's older vets. Bass, West, Wilcox, Green, Garnett, Oneal and Pierce is a very versatile front court.

DevilsAssassin
12-09-2011, 11:53 PM
is it a sign and trade deal involving Jeff Green and Bass?

zay_24
12-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Cektics?

gotta be fake.

HB40TheNextStar
12-09-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure what they would do with him, but he would be a tremendous get for the C's if they keep him.

pmj
12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
rofl Bosh/Lebron/Battier/Miller/Wade lineup it is...

Killbot
12-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Damn! Danny Ainge doing quick quality work. :bowdown:

iDunk
12-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Maybe West will be playing a Lamar Odom type role for the Celtics, not in the sense of ball handling and setting up teammates but in the sense of minutes and impact.

chazzy
12-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Damn that could be a curveball. Some type of sign and trade along with CP3 to the Celtics? Buss would be fuming

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
As @Daldridgetnt reports, David West close w/ Celtics. Y! Sources say sides working on a sign-and-trade for a 3-year, $27-29M deal.

D-Rose
12-10-2011, 12:01 AM
According to Woj, it's a sign and trade and he gets 3 years 27-29 mill.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Don't see why they'd need David West and Brandon Bass. I guess they're really looking for KG insurance.

D-Rose
12-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Makes you wonder if this sign and trade would involve Paul and Rondo. Though the uproar would be insane if the Celtics got CP3 and LA didn't. :oldlol:

DevilsAssassin
Don't see why they'd need David West and Brandon Bass. I guess they're really looking for KG insurance.
I think Bass is getting dealt for West in this sign and trade deal

Clippersfan86
Damn that could be a curveball. Some type of sign and trade along with CP3 to the Celtics? Buss would be fuming

As @Daldridgetnt reports, David West close w/ Celtics. Y! Sources say sides working on a sign-and-trade for a 3-year, $27-29M deal.

That would be funny.

Fiasco
12-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Celtics are probably trying to pick up CP3. Otherwise, why would they do this?

Stern is going to cockblock them though, and then we'll all have a good laugh over some beer and wings.

chazzy
12-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Celtics likely send Jermaine O'Neal and another player to New Orleans in sign-and-trade, sources said. Hornets would move players elsewhere.

So who's Boston's center?

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Holy sh*t.

Danny is doing work today. :bowdown:

Fatal9
12-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Now Rondo for CP3...

the shitstorm would be epic.

Killbot
12-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Celtics likely send Jermaine O'Neal and another player to New Orleans in sign-and-trade, sources said. Hornets would move players elsewhere.

So who's Boston's center?

For now, it seems like Garnett will probably start as Center and Wilcox will be the backup.

They might go after Aaron Gray.

Killbot
12-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Now Rondo for CP3...

And ISH servers will be shutdown for two days.

JGXEN
12-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Now Rondo for CP3...

What? The word now is that it would be a trade involving Rondo and Paul?

D-Rose
12-10-2011, 12:12 AM
What? The word now is that it would be a trade involving Rondo and Paul?
No, just speculation.

dbugz
12-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Depends on how healthy that knees are of West, then it's an excellent signing.

This could take off much offensive load from Pierce and Allen as the guy could give you 18 PPG a game :applause:

KG playing C will just concentrate on his defense :applause:

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Hollinger said West to Boston would effectively kill a CP3 to Lakers deal pretty much due to salaries not being able to match.

ProfessorMurder
12-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Hollinger said West to Boston would effectively kill a CP3 to Lakers deal pretty much due to salaries not being able to match.
:oldlol: If that goes down like that.

heyhey

Danny Ainge is that ni99a...

Kevin_Garnett_5
My goodness this would be great.

:roll: :lol :oldlol:

JGXEN
:applause: Danny Ainge should get the GM of the year award :applause:

crosso√er
12-10-2011, 12:15 AM
So basically it's okay for Boston to send New Orleans an aging Jermain O'Neal but the Laker deal wasn't "fair". And supposedly, it conveniently halts the Chris Paul trade to LA?

Talk about a rigged ****ing league.

thatoneblackguy
12-10-2011, 12:16 AM
So basically it's okay for Boston to send New Orleans an aging Jermain O'Neal but the Laker deal wasn't "fair". And supposedly, it conveniently halts the Chris Paul trade to LA?

This.

What happened to "getting younger"?

IGOTGAME
all seems fishy.

statman32
Hollinger has been wrong about almost every one of his speculations in the last few days.

Anyways, since they are getting West, where is Green going? Or have the Celtics already signed him?

Clippersfan86

Rondo>Bynum dude. Not to mention... Boston has other young players like Green they can work in who's on a respectable 1 year deal now.

Zackmorris

http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2008/11/qqmiigy92qu.jpg

Mr. I'm So Rad
:oldlol: Wow the Lakers just got screwed big time. And by the Celtics of all teams

DevilsAssassin
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

statman32
12-10-2011, 12:17 AM

I'm sure Boston is sending a 1st rounder to New Orleans along with some cash. Lets not jump to conclusions yet.

chazzy
There has to be a followup deal because NO has no use for JO

Clippersfan86
Hollinger has been wrong about almost every one of his speculations in the last few days.

Anyways, since they are getting West, where is Green going? Or have the Celtics already signed him?

If there is one thing Hollinger is good at... it's numbers. He didn't say impossible.. he basically said pretty much or nearly impossible. I'm not saying he's right.. just posting what he said. Don't shoot the messenger :oldlol:

Fiasco
:oldlol: Wow the Lakers just got screwed big time. And by the Celtics of all teams

Payback for beating 'em in the Finals. :oldlol:

dbugz

Green is already signed by the Cs

JGXEN
12-10-2011, 12:18 AM

Green plays at the 3, looking at our signings of Bass, Wilcox an potentially West.

Clippersfan86

Not for sure. We'll see if West officially signs. Then Lakers aren't screwed.. just working against very low odds.

PJR
Danny Ainge is too RAW...:roll:

Killbot

Signed Green to a 1 year deal

crosso√er
12-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Rondo>Bynum dude. Not to mention... Boston has other young players like Green they can work in who's on a respectable 1 year deal now.

WTF are you talking about?
You're telling me Rondo is worth more then Martin, Scola, Dragic and a 1st round pick?

You're delusional buddy. And I was talking about NO's accepting Jermain O'Neal for David West deal, like WTF is that shit bud?

So basically they didn't want the pieces from Houston because they wanted "youth", and then a day later they accept Jermain O'Neal's salary.

thatoneblackguy
John Hollinger:Two things 1) I'm now hearing of an actual destination for Turiaf. 2) How can David Stern NOT kill a David West-for-garbage trade?...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
FCUK...HORNETS cant have starting quality players but they can swing a deal for MUTHA FCUKING J ONEAL

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Not for sure. We'll see if West officially signs. Then Lakers aren't screwed.. just working against very low odds.

AKA screwed :oldlol:

DuMa
oh god this would make laker fans salty for years....

i love it

Clippersfan86
You're telling me Rondo is worth more then Martin, Scola, Dragic and a 1st round pick?

You're delusional buddy. And I was talking about NO's accepting Jermain O'Neal for David West deal, like WTF is that shit bud?

So basically they didn't want the pieces from Houston because they wanted "youth", and then a day later they accept Jermain O'Neal's salary.

Remember.. Celtics have a couple decent pieces plus Clippers 2012 draft pick as well.

KOBEtherealKing
12-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Cp3 still not signing with clovers.

Clippersfan86
Crazy watching Celtics FO trying to sabotage Lakers. This great rivalry will be hotter than ever before :oldlol: .

heyhey

They don't view the Celtics as they do the Lakers. For some reason majority of the owners and Stern seems perfectly content and in favor of ensuring Lakers, more so than any other team, cannot improve from their situation with no consideration for even appearance of propriety.

DevilsAssassin
Remember.. Celtics have a couple decent pieces plus Clippers 2012 draft pick as well.
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Rondo + Green + Bradley + Bass + Clippers 1st round pick (Top 10 Protected) for Chris Paul

Get it done Danny :cheers:

Killbot
12-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Crazy watching Celtics FO trying to sabotage Lakers. This great rivalry will be hotter than ever before :oldlol: .

Would be one of the top 10 headlines of the whole season. :lol

Fiasco
Dude, if this trade goes through and the Celtics get CP3, I am going to be BEGGING for a Lakers-Celtics final again.

crosso√er

And who might those be? :rolleyes:
Green, Bass? Clippers are a playoff time, who the **** cares about their pick.

Fact is Boston cannot put a better deal then the one Houston gave NO's last night. If they can, NAME it.

Clippersfan86

Rondo + Green + Bradley + Bass + Clippers 1st round pick (Top 10 Protected) for Chris Paul

Probably more attractive package than previous deal. Green expires next offseason too in a a good free agency.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 12:23 AM

Fact is Boston cannot put a better deal then the one Houston gave NO's last night. If they can, NAME it.

I'm not saying no question better.. I suppose it's debatable. Just saying you shouldn't scoff at that. It's a decent offer dude. I'd take Rondo over Bynum or Kevin Martin if I was going into rebuilding mode without thinking twice.

ProfessorMurder
12-10-2011, 12:24 AM

No.

UtahJazzFan88
I get that it's a sign and trade so it's a different situation, but it's OK for the Hornets to send off David West for J. O'Neal, huh?

This coming from a fan of a small market team.

statman32
If there is one thing Hollinger is good at... it's numbers. He didn't say impossible.. he basically said pretty much or nearly impossible. I'm not saying he's right.. just posting what he said. Don't shoot the messenger :oldlol:
Except for the fact that you didn't post what he said.

You quoted him as...

He wrote...

I'm baffled. David West deal would appear to kill the 3-way CP3 trade. Hornets can't take on any $ in West deal and still do CP trade.

You forgot a pretty big part of his statement. "Effectively" instead of "Appear" changes his statement from a assumption to fact.

No need to trust Hollinger anyways, just look at the numbers yourself. This deal might hinder a deal, but it doesnt come close to killing it.

crosso√er
12-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Definitely more attractive package than previous deal. Green expires next offseason too in a a good free agency.

:roll:

You guys hear these idiots?
They think Rondo, Green, Bradley, 1st round pick
is better then...

Odom, Martin, Scola, Dragic and picks

JGXEN

Hey relax dude, you might have a stroke or something

statman32

They can't package guys like Green and Bass with other players lol. :facepalm

dbugz
12-10-2011, 12:26 AM
No.

+1

I would rather have that young guns than CP3 alone who doesn't even wanna play in Boston like what he's always insisting.

bagelred
12-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Wait a second....wait a second..........

So the Hornets are going to gift wrap David West to the Celtics, who CANNOT sign him outright. And the Hornets are getting back scrubs?

And David Stern is going to allow this????:confusedshrug: And Dan Gilbert isn't outraged????? WHAT?

As a Knick fan and since I have a 1/29th stake in what happens to the Hornets, I DEMAND this SnT does not happen.

PowerGlove
12-10-2011, 12:27 AM

LAKER FANS saying the league is rigged:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This year is gonna be great, CANT WAIT!!!

Clippersfan86
Except for the fact that you didn't post what he said.

You quoted him as...

He wrote...

You forgot a pretty big part of his statement. "Effectively" instead of "Appear" changes his statement from a assumption to fact.

No need to trust Hollinger anyways, just look at the numbers yourself. This deal might hinder a deal, but it doesnt come close to killing it.

I wasn't on his Twitter myself. I read it on a forum :confusedshrug: . Besides it has similar connotations. What I said wasn't off by much. I even threw in deal not impossible, just much less likely with West signed which IS indeed a fact.

Batz
Veto. Or alteast it should be.

JGXEN

If the C's are giving up this much, no thanks. I'd rather have Rondo in that case

DevilsAssassin
12-10-2011, 12:28 AM
It's only if Paul agrees to an extension with the Celtics

The Choken One
12-10-2011, 12:28 AM
LOL if this happens.

The NBA is pure shit. Can't believe I'm a bigger fan for the NFL right now.

statman32
12-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Once again.....

Is not possible. You can not package Green and Bass with other players.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Once again.....

Is not possible. You can not package Green and Bass with other players.

Why's that?

Nets fan 93
LOL if this happens.

The NBA is pure shit. Can't believe I'm a bigger fan for the NFL right now.
Hornets are getting something for someone who can walk for nothing... Oh if that happens I'll be fuming... not... :facepalm

statman32
I wasn't on his Twitter myself. I read it on a forum :confusedshrug: . Besides it has similar connotations. What I said wasn't off by much. I even threw in deal not impossible, just much less likely with West signed which IS indeed a fact.
Fair enough.

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 12:31 AM
CP3 isn't playing in Boston.

Kurosawa0

I accidentally posted it in the wrong thread. I meant for it to be in this one.

John Hollinger
I'm baffled. David West deal would appear to kill the 3-way CP3 trade. Hornets can't take on any $ in West deal and still do CP trade.

Depends on how much money they take back, but this certainly would seem to lessen the chances of the original LA-Houston-New Orleans deal going down.

Clippersfan86
Fair enough.

:cheers: . I personally don't care where CP3 lands. I just admit the drama of Lakers vs Celtics fighting for him is epic. The two heavyweights of the NBA historically.. duking it out trying to get an upper hand. It's good for the game.

MeLO MvP 15
12-10-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry but David Stern would agree to taking on Jermaine O'neal? Seems odd. Just saying, if I was New Orleans I'd rather West just leave for nothing (although I could see it as a loyalty/respect type for David West move for them).

statman32
12-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Why's that?
I'm gonna assume that this rule has not changed in the new CBA.

Per Larry Coon's website

In addition, teams cannot trade players under the following circumstances:

For two months after receiving the player in trade or claiming him off waivers, if the player's salary is aggregated with the salaries of other players. However, the team is free to trade the player either by himself (not packaged with other players), or without combining his salary with other salaries to acquire a more expensive player, immediately. This restriction applies only to teams over the salary cap. (Also see question number 75.)

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 12:34 AM
I'm gonna assume that this rule has not changed in the new CBA.

Per Larry Coon's website

Oh makes sense. Still.. Celtics have a solid package. That does put a damper on their offering power though for sure.

The Choken One
12-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Hornets are getting something for someone who can walk for nothing... Oh if that happens I'll be fuming... not... :facepalm
Jermaine O'neal...nothing more needs to be said.

statman32
12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
:cheers: . I personally don't care where CP3 lands. I just admit the drama of Lakers vs Celtics fighting for him is epic. The two heavyweights of the NBA historically.. duking it out trying to get an upper hand. It's good for the game.
I just care about fairness. You at least got the Clippers, I have the group of senior citizens and role players (Suns). :(

chazzy
12-10-2011, 12:36 AM
I don't get why this would kill a CP3 to LA trade. They add JO's salary, but they could offset that by throwing in Okafor and taking TWill instead of Kmart in the 3way trade.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 12:36 AM
I just care about fairness. You at least got the Clippers, I have the group of senior citizens and role players (Suns). :(

Hey you guys just had one hell of a run. I'd kill for the Clippers to have a consistent 50+ win run like Suns just had.

Clippersfan86
12-10-2011, 12:37 AM
I don't get why this would kill a CP3 to LA trade. They add JO's salary, but they could offset that by throwing in Okafor and taking TWill instead of Kmart in the 3way trade.

Which is why it won't kill it. Just make it harder. Remember it's not ONLY about salaries matching. It's also does each team want those players to begin with.

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm sorry but David Stern would agree to taking on Jermaine O'neal? Seems odd. Just saying, if I was New Orleans I'd rather West just leave for nothing (although I could see it as a loyalty/respect type for David West move for them).

I wouldn't get worked up over this deal because it is a sign and trade, but you have a point. How does the NBA justify taking on salary in a deal when that was their "reasoning" behind not making the trade with the Lakers. I swear owners won't make a peep about this.

chazzy
12-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Which is why it won't kill it. Just make it harder. Remember it's not ONLY about salaries matching. It's also does each team want those players to begin with.
Yeah it would kill the original trade offered, but obviously they have to tweak it to bring younger/less expensive talent back to NOH. I just don't get all the celebrating :oldlol:

Oh shit!

SherrodbCSN A. Sherrod Blakely
A source close to #Celtics J. O'Neal said if he's traded to the #Hornets, he will ask to be waived, and will look to sign with the #Heat.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 12:39 AM

Why would that change the owner's stance that the deal doesn't net the Hornets a star?

To me do this deal:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4yh5cjw

Houston gets screwed, but the Lakers get Paul and still end up with a center.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 12:41 AM
SherrodbCSN A. Sherrod Blakely
A source close to #Celtics J. O'Neal said if he's traded to the #Hornets, he will ask to be waived, and will look to sign with the #Heat.

Well, let's face it, we all knew Miami was going to dump Juwan Howard soon anyway. :lol

MeLO MvP 15
I love how Minny brings in like 3 starting caliber PFs and Kahn gets laughed at. Boston has 3-4 starting caliber PFs (depends what you consider Green) and get praised.

Deuce Bigalow
is the deal west for o'neal?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Why would that change the owner's stance that the deal doesn't net the Hornets a star?

To me do this deal:

FCUK NO...BYNUM is going in the D12 trade....now that its out...he will be a laker within a week

longtime lurker

To me do this deal:

The problem is nobody knows that the Hornets want. And the league isn't be honest in what direction they want to take the team. There's no indication the Hornets are interested in Gasol or Bynum.

Kurosawa0
FCUK NO...BYNUM is going in the D12 trade....now that its out...he will be a laker within a week

I knew that would flip the Laker faithful out. :oldlol:

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 12:44 AM
The problem is nobody knows that the Hornets want. And the league isn't be honest in what direction they want to take the team. There's no indication the Hornets are interested in Gasol or Bynum.

To me, it'd be crazy for a team to turn that down. How about this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=879v6b8

Blue&Orange
12-10-2011, 12:44 AM
You mean the deal Houston gave NO so that CP3 could go to the Lakers? :lol

And people still wonder why Stern say no.

chazzy
12-10-2011, 12:46 AM
To me, it'd be crazy for a team to turn that down. How about this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=879v6b8
Lakers won't trade Bynum in a Paul deal since they're banking on using him for a Dwight deal. Doing this eliminates their Dwight chances.

Deuce Bigalow
12-10-2011, 12:46 AM
You mean the deal Houston gave NO so that CP3 could go to the Lakers? :lol

And people still wonder why Stern say no.

LA offered 2 skilled 7-footers, basically their frontcourt

pete's montreux
12-10-2011, 12:47 AM
LAKER FANS saying the league is rigged:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This year is gonna be great, CANT WAIT!!!

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 12:47 AM
I knew that would flip the Laker faithful out. :oldlol:

1st preference was always to get D12....CP3 is a nice sign on bonus...

nbacardDOTnet
12-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Welcome to Celtics, David West - RR

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20Crazy%20Shot/z%20Comparison/z%20Dream%20Shake%20School/Rajon%20Rondo/rajonrondodreamshakeagainstdavidwes.gif

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Lakers won't trade Bynum in a Paul deal since they're banking on using him for a Dwight deal. Doing this eliminates their Dwight chances.

If I'm David Stern that's what I tell them. You get one, not both and it's going to cost you Gasol and Bynum. He could sell that to the owners.

Bosnian Sajo
12-10-2011, 12:51 AM
This is actually gonna end up in Miami's favor.

Wade/Chalmers
Battier/Miller/House
James/Jones
Bosh/Haslem
Oneal/Anthony

Plus if they could pick up Billups off waivers...watch out

This screws the Lakers, and helps the Celtics and Heat...go figure :banghead:

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 12:53 AM
If I'm David Stern that's what I tell them. You get one, not both and it's going to cost you Gasol and Bynum. He could sell that to the owners.

Why should David Stern have a say in what Orlando does, he doesn't own that team? Hell he shouldn't have a say in what the Hornets do either.

pete's montreux
12-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Starting lineup of?

Rondo
Ray
PP
West
KG

Not bad, not bad. Loaded with shooters.

chazzy
12-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Starting lineup of?

Rondo
Ray
PP
West
KG

Much needed offensive boost, but it's gonna be tough on KG to play heavy minutes at the 5

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Much needed offensive boost, but it's gonna be tough on KG to play heavy minutes at the 5Hopefully he won't need to with our big man rotation.

dbugz
12-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Starting lineup of?

Rondo
Ray
PP
West
KG

2-4 position will take care of the offensive load. :pimp:

Bladers
12-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Wait CP3 can't be traded unless its for youth but your all star/best PF David can be traded for a fossil? Makes a lot of sense. Stern really dug a grave that's getting too deep to get out of.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU STRING THIS OUT YOU F***** *****!

ProfessorMurder
12-10-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm all for the upgrade in talent, but I don't like the fact that the Celtics will constantly be playing small ball.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Why should David Stern have a say in what Orlando does, he doesn't own that team? Hell he shouldn't have a say in what the Hornets do either.

Well, by not allowing them to trade for Paul without Gasol and Bynum in the deal they'd be limited to only chasing Howard. If they made the deal for Paul with Gasol and Bynum they'd have nothing left for Howard.

Honestly, I think the deal would be great for the Lakers if they could grab Ariza, while making Houston take Artest (which they'd easily do to get Gasol).

They'd have a lineup of Paul, Kobe, Ariza, Odom (they'd keep him here ) and Emeka Okafor.

I think that's a very cool team and one that would contend.

MaxFly
12-10-2011, 01:03 AM

:D It's all love.

MeLO MvP 15
12-10-2011, 01:03 AM
all seems fishy.
http://troll.me/images/derek-fisher/lol-u-mad.jpg
And you wonder why my name is Fisher....

*hello, is this thing on... hello?....*

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm all for the upgrade in talent, but I don't like the fact that the Celtics will constantly be playing small ball.

Miami will murder them if they don't get a legit center. They'll be able to play Wade, Battier, LeBron, Bosh and Haslem/Anthony and it would be a wrap in another five game series.

Fiasco
12-10-2011, 01:04 AM
The only way I see Stern allowing the trade for CP3 is if Derek Fisher is included, so he gets to go "Eat it bitch".

JGXEN
12-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Hopefully he won't need to with our big man rotation.
If Wilcox stays healthy and gives us 20mins or so, it'll be all good

dbugz
12-10-2011, 01:07 AM

Move moore and JJJ in d-League for the meantim and sign this guy'

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_aaron_gray.jpg

:pimp: :pimp:

Fiasco
12-10-2011, 01:08 AM

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/04/aaron-gray-tan.jpg

Underrated.

ProfessorMurder
12-10-2011, 01:09 AM

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/04/aaron-gray-tan.jpg

I'd be all for putting Moore and JJJ back and forth from the bench to the Dleague. Doc is high on JJJ right now, said that if he had to pick a player to compare him to it'd be Horace Grant.

chazzy
12-10-2011, 01:12 AM
So who else would be involved in this deal.. Bradley?

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Well, by not allowing them to trade for Paul without Gasol and Bynum in the deal they'd be limited to only chasing Howard. If they made the deal for Paul with Gasol and Bynum they'd have nothing left for Howard.

Honestly, I think the deal would be great for the Lakers if they could grab Ariza, while making Houston take Artest (which they'd easily do to get Gasol).

They'd have a lineup of Paul, Kobe, Ariza, Odom (they'd keep him here ) and Emeka Okafor.

I think that's a very cool team and one that would contend.

Here's the thing, if New Orleans was willing to do a deal which Pau gets shipped out and Orlando is willing to trade Howard for Bynum then why stop it? People act like the Lakers are giving up Luke Walton+garbage, they're giving up a championship front court that still has game. Supposedly Paul is a 15 and 9 PG on a bad knee, but he heads to the Lakers and it's a travesty? Even with Paul, Kobe and Dwight the Lakers would still have work to do. There's absolutely no guarantees in this league.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Here's the thing, if New Orleans was willing to do a deal which Pau gets shipped out and Orlando is willing to trade Howard for Bynum then why stop it? People act like the Lakers are giving up Luke Walton+garbage, they're giving up a championship front court that still has game. Supposedly Paul is a 15 and 9 PG on a bad knee, but he heads to the Lakers and it's a travesty? Even with Paul, Kobe and Dwight the Lakers would still have work to do. There's absolutely no guarantees in this league.

It's pretty clear the league wants to stop it and that's all that matters right now. There's only two ways Chris Paul ends up in LA. 1, the league backs down and let's the deal go through. 2, the teams revise the trade and show enough value going back to the Hornets so that the league will relent.

We probably end up getting a combination of the two. Giving up Bynum and Gasol for the best point guard in the league honestly isn't unfair anyway.

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 01:24 AM
It's pretty clear the league wants to stop it and that's all that matters right now. There's only two ways Chris Paul ends up in LA. 1, the league backs down and let's the deal go through. 2, the teams revise the trade and show enough value going back to the Hornets so that the league will relent.

We probably end up getting a combination of the two.

I don't see Bynum leaving at all makes no sense for the Lakers. If anything we'll probably see the same trade minus Kevin Martin and with Terrence Williams in his place and Okafor going to Lakers which gives the Lakers better value than the original trade and Dwight Howard is still in play. So I don't know what the league has actually achieved in that trade. A team getting Gasol for Scola, Terrence Williams, Dragic and a 1st rounder is pretty good.

The Choken One
12-10-2011, 01:26 AM

We probably end up getting a combination of the two. Giving up Bynum and Gasol for the best point guard in the league honestly isn't unfair anyway.
Bynum & Gasol for Paul?

I hope you're trollin hard with this post...if not...smh.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't see Bynum leaving at all makes no sense for the Lakers. If anything we'll probably see the same trade minus Kevin Martin and with Terrence Williams in his place and Okafor going to Lakers which gives the Lakers better value than the original trade and Dwight Howard is still in play. So I don't know what the league has actually achieved in that trade. A team getting Gasol for Scola, Terrence Williams, Dragic and a 1st rounder is pretty good.

The Lakers getting value is exactly the problem. Downgrading New Orleans' side with Williams replacing Martin makes no sense.

On the other hand if the Lakers gave New Orleans Bynum, the league could say they got a potential star for an established star.

I'm sorry, but saying "No, we're saving Andrew Bynum for getting Dwight Howard!" isn't going to work. The league went crazy over just Chris Paul going to LA. Getting Howard and Paul would be chaos.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Bynum & Gasol for Paul?

I hope you're trollin hard with this post...if not...smh.

Actually the trade I had in mind would get the Lakers Paul, Okafor and Ariza. Honestly, that's a fair trade.

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 01:30 AM
The Lakers getting value is exactly the problem. Downgrading New Orleans' side with Williams replacing Martin makes no sense.

On the other hand if the Lakers gave New Orleans Bynum, the league could say they got a potential star for an established star.

I'm sorry, but saying "No, we're saving Andrew Bynum for getting Dwight Howard!" isn't going to work. The league went crazy over just Chris Paul going to LA. Getting Howard and Paul would be chaos.

LOL the Lakers give up Pau and Odom! The 2nd and 3rd best players in the trade. The Lakers aren't giving up Pau and Bynum for Chris Paul that's retarded. And the league is not stupid enough to force them to. Otherwise they'll end up trading Paul for a significantly worse package book it.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:32 AM
LOL the Lakers give up Pau and Odom! The 2nd and 3rd best players in the trade. The Lakers aren't giving up Pau and Bynum for Chris Paul that's retarded. And the league is not stupid enough to force them to. Otherwise they'll end up trading Paul for a significantly worse package book it.

So you think this gets done with the Hornets getting a worse offer than the original one? :wtf:

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Actually the trade I had in mind would get the Lakers Paul, Okafor and Ariza. Honestly, that's a fair trade.

lol

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Why though? The trades are reasonable and aren't illegal. Kupchak isn't holding a gun to Otis' or Demps' head and demanding they trade Howard and CP3 respectively. It's better than losing them for nothing. Both teams can shed salary and get quality players in return. It just seems more of a "Omgz the Lakers are about to have a super-team" reaction than based in actual basketball trade logistics.

Why are you asking me? I'm not an owner. It's just where we are. I just can't believe the league does something like this and then just lets both Paul and Howard go to the Lakers.

They might just end up holding this trade up until Howard goes somewhere else and then let Paul go to LA.

There has been too much of a protest over this already.

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 01:38 AM
So you think this gets done with the Hornets getting a worse offer than the original one? :wtf:

The offer is only worse because the league stepped in and made it worse. Lol talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. From a talent and flexibility perspective the original deal was better for the Hornets, from a short term financial perspective swapping out Terrence Williams for Kevin Martin is better for the Hornets. What does the league want for the Hornets :confusedshrug: no one effin knows. That's part of the problem.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:39 AM
lol

Yes, the Lakers getting two starters and one of the top 7 players in the league for Gasol and Bynum is way, way too much. Right...

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:41 AM
The offer is only worse because the league stepped in and made it worse. Lol talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. From a talent and flexibility perspective the original deal was better for the Hornets, from a short term financial perspective swapping out Terrence Williams for Kevin Martin is better for the Hornets. What does the league want for the Hornets :confusedshrug: no one effin knows. That's part of the problem.

They don't have accept anything. It's up to Houston and LA to make the offer better.

Honestly, they just don't want Paul going to the Lakers.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 01:43 AM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN sources: Hornets/Lakers/Rockets cautiously optimistic they'll have reworked CP3 trade to present to NBA perhaps as soon as Saturday

chazzy
12-10-2011, 01:43 AM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN sources: Hornets/Lakers/Rockets cautiously optimistic they'll have reworked CP3 trade to present to NBA perhaps as soon as Saturday

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Specific changes to deal not immediately known but teams working through night to infuse CP3 deal w/enough youth and/or picks to satisfy NBA

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 01:45 AM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Specific changes to deal not immediately known but teams working through night to infuse CP3 deal w/enough youth and/or picks to satisfy NBA

funny how they say NBA and not the Hornets owners...

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Johnny Flynn will be the key to the entire deal. :lol

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:46 AM
funny how they say NBA and not the Hornets owners...

It's the same thing... :facepalm

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 01:48 AM
They don't have accept anything. It's up to Houston and LA to make the offer better.

Honestly, they just don't want Paul going to the Lakers.

Well of course they don't have to accept anything, except for the fact that their GM was already down with the trade. Why should Houston and LA make better offers when the Hornets GM was content with the original trade and why would they make better offers when they know the Hornets have little leverage? What they're offering is an out for Hornets to get something of value in return, the offers will only get worse the longer Paul remains on the Hornets. The best they can get for David West is Jermaine O'neal who they'd end up waiving anyways. If the Chris Paul trade happens next summer what he Hornets will get in return will be really ugly.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 01:49 AM
It's the same thing... :facepalm

exactly...thats why CP3 can sue them for conflict of interest you moron

you been arguing about it since yesterday

chazzy
12-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Given the reports and Stern's official statements, Crossover's trade scenario makes sense right now

PowerGlove
12-10-2011, 01:52 AM
so confused...

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Why should Houston and LA make better offers when the Hornets GM was content with the original trade and why would they make better offers when they know the Hornets have little leverage?

Because the trade doesn't go through unless they make the offer better.

Marc Stein

exactly...thats why CP3 can sue them for conflict of interest you moron

Sure, I'm the moron. Let me ask Mr. Lawyer, if it's illegal for the owners to make these decisions, how did they ever end up owning the team in the first place? Does Sacramento now have to return Marcus Thornton?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Given the reports and Stern's official statements, Crossover's trade scenario makes sense right now

which scenario?

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski
The primary work on deal has been between Lakers and Hornets sides, sources say. Rockets still get Gasol, still move same parts. Odom to NO.

Interesting...

chazzy
12-10-2011, 02:01 AM
which scenario?
T.Williams, Odom, Scola, Dragic + picks to NO
Okafor & Paul to LAL
Gasol to Hou

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:04 AM
T.Williams, Odom, Scola, Dragic + picks to NO
Okafor & Paul to LAL
Gasol to Hou

If the league accepts that deal after pulling all this, Stern should resign.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 02:05 AM

lol...u mad :lol

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Besides, according to Woj, the movement in the deal has been between New Orleans and LA with Houston still sending the same pieces.

chazzy
12-10-2011, 02:07 AM
It depends what the original reason for pulling the trade was. His "official" statements were that the Hornets aren't getting enough youth back and have too much old salary. This frees up a lot more cash and picks are involved. They dump Okafor and swap Kmart for Williams.

If he vetoed it because he doesn't want Paul to go to the Lakers (which is a conflict of interest and not a legitimate reason to veto) then yeah it doesn't make sense

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Besides, according to Woj, the movement in the deal has been between New Orleans and LA with Houston still sending the same pieces.

Translation Okafor to LA.

chazzy
12-10-2011, 02:08 AM
ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
Rival executives expecting three-team deal to get worked out to meet NBA approval. "They are going to get there," texted a GM

Sources say Rockets are likely to put one or two young players into the deal. Unclear which ones, but HOU willing to make moves.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Rival executives expecting three-team deal to get worked out to meet NBA approval. "They are going to get there," texted a GM

Sources say Rockets are likely to put one or two young players into the deal. Unclear which ones, but HOU willing to make moves.

Makes more sense if the Rockets give up a Kyle Lowry. Still, if after making a stand like this, to let the Lakers get Paul and then grab Howard... Stern could not look worse.

chazzy
12-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Rockets are still trying to free up space to sign Nene. Makes more sense now. For some reason Hollinger predicted a Rocket team with a Nene/Pau frontcourt will be a top West team.. and considering Morey is a huge stat guy as well, they must be on the same page.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Rockets are still trying to free up space to sign Nene. Makes more sense now. For some reason Hollinger predicted a Rocket team with a Nene/Pau frontcourt will be a top West team.. and considering Morey is a huge stat guy as well, they must be on the same page.

With Dallas deconstructing and San Antonio heading for rebuilding, Houston could the team to beat in Southwest with a Nene/Gasol combo.

DMAVS41
12-10-2011, 02:17 AM
It depends what the original reason for pulling the trade was. His "official" statements were that the Hornets aren't getting enough youth back and have too much old salary. This frees up a lot more cash and picks are involved. They dump Okafor and swap Kmart for Williams.

If he vetoed it because he doesn't want Paul to go to the Lakers (which is a conflict of interest and not a legitimate reason to veto) then yeah it doesn't make sense

Shedding the Okafor contract is huge and honestly I can't believe the Hornets were even willing to discuss any deal without that inclusion.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 02:18 AM
With Dallas deconstructing and San Antonio heading for rebuilding, Houston could the team to beat in Southwest with a Nene/Gasol combo.

yeah but with trading away Martin...who plays 1/2/3?

pete's montreux
12-10-2011, 02:18 AM
Holy shit what the f*ck happened to this thread...

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Shedding the Okafor contract is huge and honestly I can't believe the Hornets were even willing to discuss any deal without that inclusion.

This is what I don't get though....the Hornets have 5 players and they'd still have to take on salary to meet the league minimum. Scola, Martin and Odom fill that salary with quality players that can be flipped at the dead line for more assets instead of taking one year contracts or just signing d leaguers.

DMAVS41
12-10-2011, 02:21 AM
This is what I don't get though....the Hornets have 5 players and they'd still have to take on salary to meet the league minimum. Scola, Martin and Odom fill that salary with quality players that can be flipped at the dead line for more assets instead of taking one year contracts or just signing d leaguers.

They can make it work for this year....

Okafor is due something like 41 million over the next 3 years. They have to get rid of that contract in a trade with Paul.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:25 AM
yeah but with trading away Martin...who plays 1/2/3?

They'd probably still have Kyle Lowry or Johnny Flynn, Budinger and Courtney Lee.

longtime lurker
12-10-2011, 02:26 AM
They'd probably still have Kyle Lowry or Johnny Flynn, Budinger and Courtney Lee.

I think MArtin stays in that trade and they probably ship out Hasheem Thabust. Gasol, Nene and Martin is a hell of a trio, but old. Guess being in playoffs is better than constantly rebuilding.

AMISTILLILL
12-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Well, let's face it, we all knew Miami was going to dump Juwan Howard soon anyway. :lol

Juwan Howard isn't signed with Miami.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Juwan Howard isn't signed with Miami.

He just signed tonight.

Michael Wallace
Chalmers, Jones, Battier and Howard all officially signed Heat contracts 2night. Still awaiting word on Curry and Cole.

MMM
12-10-2011, 04:00 AM
[QUOTE]Ainge, known for his blockbuster moves, nearly pulled off another one last night when he reportedly came close to signing pricey free agent David West. It was unclear whether he attempted to use restricted free agent Jeff Green in a sign-and-trade to make the deal for West possible.

Bladers
12-10-2011, 04:06 AM
He just signed tonight.

Michael Wallace
Chalmers, Jones, Battier and Howard all officially signed Heat contracts 2night. Still awaiting word on Curry and Cole.

WAIT...WTF D12???? HOW CAN THIS BE?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv8cffXHmk1qa3g9o.gif

you are so gullible.

AMISTILLILL
12-10-2011, 04:08 AM
[QUOTE=MMM][URL="http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2011_1210daniels_backeven_better/srvc=sports&position=also"]They

supe12sta12z
12-10-2011, 04:09 AM
:cry: :cry:

that guy isn't a reliable source. I'm calling BS.

AMISTILLILL
12-10-2011, 04:10 AM
that guy isn't a reliable source. I'm calling BS.

Yeah, why the hell wouldn't it be announced anywhere else?

MMM
12-10-2011, 04:14 AM
:cry: :cry:

Don't lose hope yet.

The deal as I understand it, will be revisited tomorrow (or rather, today I suppose).

via Sherrod Blakely

AMISTILLILL
12-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Don't lose hope yet.

via Sherrod Blakely

Good looking out. :cheers:

MMM
12-10-2011, 04:52 AM
[QUOTE]Free-agent forward David West is nearing an agreement to join the Boston Celtics on a three-year deal that will pay him between $27 million and $29 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics are working to complete a sign-and-trade deal with the New Orleans Hornets, and are expected to include center Jermaine O

SacJB Shady
12-10-2011, 05:40 AM
David West would be very valuable for the Celts. The main reason is because he can save Garnet a lot of minutes during the season. and he will make Green more effective, because green can focus strictly on coming off the bench for Pierce, making Pierce save minutes. This deal will keep the Celtics much more fresh. Plus now they have 5 all stars! David West is younger than the big 3 and has been an all star. Maybe he was overrated but just think, they have 5 allstar caliber players. If they can get a center, don't count Boston out this year!

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 05:44 AM
via Woj

the third team is miami

I think this was tweeted by a source that jermaine wants in miami after hes traded to New Orleans

BlackWhiteGreen
12-10-2011, 06:26 AM
via Woj

NOT SASHA PAVLOVIC!

F*cking steal if we pull it off.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-10-2011, 06:34 AM
the third team is miami

I think this was tweeted by a source that jermaine wants in miami after hes traded to New Orleans

I think Blakely tweeted about him being asked to be bought out and sign with Miami, but that would also make sense.

Still need a 5 though.