PDA

View Full Version : Howard has permission to speak with LAL, DAL, NJ.

DStebb716
12-10-2011, 01:59 AM
RT @sam_amick: Orlando PR man Joel Glass calls to say D. Howard's agent now has permission to speak w/Lakers/Nets/Mavs about possible trade

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNSteinLine/status/145381027244814336

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Dallas? How would that work?

ConanRulesNBC
Cuban would look like an absolute genius if he let Chandler go and sign that deal with the Knicks and then trade for Dwight Howard.

Haymaker
Dallas? they're all aging. I hope he signs with NJ. LA has enough talent.

D12"Magic"
Can't sleep now... :banghead:

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 02:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1o9OH.gif

Kornheiser
permission to speak w/...Mavs about possible trade

http://i.imgur.com/MIl4e.jpg

DStebb716
I'm just going to automatically call this a two horse race with the only team that actually has a horse mascot being out of it.

R.I.P.
Mofo it is so on. OMG if we get Howard the Nets might as well give us Deron Williams. Good lord. :roll: :roll:

ConanRulesNBC
Dallas? How would that work?

I don't know but I do know Dirk & Dwight would be absolutely insane together. Dirk & Dwight and some solid role players would make the Mavericks contenders easily for another 2-3 seasons.

2010splash
Dallas just won the title. They're more than talented enough to lure Howard. So are the LA Lakers.

KB2009Champ
Send bynum and odom to LA.

Keep Pau.

Take back hedo's contract.

Forget Chris Paul.

Sign a decent pg that can defend and hit 3s.

Lakers win the chip.

Lol.

Nets fan 93
12-10-2011, 02:02 AM
Dallas? Who is an asset? Roddy? Is Dirk up for grabs? If Dirk is not. Lopez or Bynum is the better move for Orlando.

D12"Magic"
12-10-2011, 02:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1o9OH.gif
:roll: :roll:

chazzy
12-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Who does Dallas have to offer?

duhduhduh
All those people who said the Magic would never trade Dwight to LA were wrong I guess.

Bill Simmons is also wrong about Lakers fans overrating Andrew Bynum. The only reason the Magic would let Dwight talk with LA is because they covet Bynum.

Kurosawa0
Dallas just won the title. They're more than talented enough to lure Howard. So are the LA Lakers.

The Lakers have Bynum at least. What could Dallas offer? Roddy Beaubois?

abuC
12-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Why even talk to DAL and NJ? It's obvious where he's going.

Kornheiser
12-10-2011, 02:05 AM

http://i.imgur.com/p5dFA.jpg

Haymaker
12-10-2011, 02:06 AM
The only reason the Magic would let Dwight talk with LA is because they covet Bynum.

Which ***** baffles me, FFS. He's just a decent center. :facepalm

outbreak
12-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Dallas looking to restock and trade dirk :-)

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 02:08 AM

A full championship roster short of Dirk. Wait is Chandler officially signed yet. Let

Nets fan 93
Yeah? why is that? to play with aging Kobe? If the Lakers get CP3 wouldnt they have to sweeten the deal up a little bit? (less assets?)

DMAVS41

Nobody....that trade can't happen unless something really crazy is about to go down

Fiasco
12-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Nobody....that trade can't happen unless something really crazy is about to go down

This is the NBA. Shit always goes down.

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 02:10 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/mt82fl.jpg

DirkNowitzki41
12-10-2011, 02:12 AM
well, trading dirk is never happening. never. so we got nothing.

duhduhduh
12-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Which ***** baffles me, FFS. He's just a decent center. :facepalm

It's not baffling. He's the longest center in the league, mobile, good feet, great hands, and he's got post moves. He's got scary knees though.

KB2009Champ
12-10-2011, 02:13 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/mt82fl.jpg

ROFL.

Literally.

Good one. :roll:

R.I.P.
Haywood, Marion, Beaubois, Fernandez, Wright, cash, three picks. Is an injury prone 50 games per season center with mental problems like Bynum really much better? What about a center, who plays in the same conference and grabs 5 rebounds a game, making Kris Humphries look like Dennis Rodman.

And the Mavs can basically guarantee Howard Deron Williams as well, cause the Mavs will make room for a max deal and Williams is coming home. If Howard says he wants to play with Dirk and Deron in Dallas what is Orlando supposed to do?

crosso√er
I'm honestly not even going to bother reporting anything more, I've said my piece. Twitters are running crazy, you guys get an update every minute now.

Just remember who told you all this was going down days in advance.

Oh by the way;

Chris Mannix: Rival executives expecting three-team deal to get worked out to meet NBA approval. "They are going to get there," texted a GM

The only thing I'll add is Howard will be pushing hard for LA and only LA if Paul gets traded there. He wants to play in a warm climate, he loves the spotlight, the city and the winning tradition. He is good friends with Kobe & Chris, he knows Buss will pay him and he'll get millions from endorsements in LA. Oh, and his girlfriend also lives in LA.

:cheers:

KOBEtherealKing
12-10-2011, 02:15 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks

:confusedshrug: what is this f*ckery!

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm honestly not even going to bother reporting anything more, I've said my piece. Twitters are running crazy, you guys get an update every minute now.

Oh by the way;

Chris Mannix: Rival executives expecting three-team deal to get worked out to meet NBA approval. "They are going to get there," texted a GM

The only thing I'll add is Howard will be pushing hard for LA and only LA if Paul gets traded there. He wants to play in a warm climate, he loves the spotlight, the city and the winning tradition. He is good friends with Kobe & Chris, he knows Buss will pay him and he'll get millions from endorsements in LA. Oh, and his girlfriend also lives in LA.

http://i.imgur.com/eSX5q.gif

Legends66NBA7
12-10-2011, 02:16 AM

Oh by the way;

This post best describes:

http://ctya.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/checkmated2.jpg

G-Funk
12-10-2011, 02:17 AM

Oh by the way;

Lakers pitch: We will get Chris Paul just stand pad, give us a day or 2 to get him.

outbreak
12-10-2011, 02:17 AM

You mean the side that swept you?

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 02:18 AM

I think that

KOBEtherealKing
12-10-2011, 02:19 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I think that

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Lakers pitch: We will get Chris Paul just stand pad, give us a day or 2 to get him.

Right now I think Stern is basically saying CHOOSE. I wouldn

KOBEtherealKing
You mean the side that swept you?

and because they did that, orlando would consider looking at that roster? dirk, jj and chandler killed us but 2 of them are gone.

crosso√er

If this gets done Mitch is a genius.
Apparently he is the one that prevented the Buss family from going after Howard first; he said it could back-fire. He said NJ right now have the ball in hand unless we get some youth back to pair up with Howard.

In retrospective, it almost cost LA everything but right now there is a lot of hope in Laker land, I just hope it gets resolved ASAP. I am on edge from this roller-coaster ride.

PJR
12-10-2011, 02:21 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I think that

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:27 AM
It's going to be funny to see how fast Bill Simmons goes from being outraged at the league for not letting this deal go through to being outraged that the league let Paul & Howard go to LA. :lol

miles berg
12-10-2011, 02:27 AM
:lol 16 to 1 call me when they get more.

Such a stupid argument. I'm a Cowboys fan but I don't run around talking about "5 Super Bowls to ______."

The past doesn't matter.

Dallas is getting a TPE from the Knicks that is big enough to absorb Hedo. So the Mavs can offer three 1sts, major cap reduction for Orlando, and will have the cap space to promise Dwight this year with Dirk & Kidd and next year Dirk & Deron.

Cuban isn't letting Chandler and company leave for no reason, he has a plan. Dwight knows that if he chooses Dallas that they have a legit shot at multiple championships.

outbreak
12-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Such a stupid argument. I'm a Cowboys fan but I don't run around talking about "5 Super Bowls to ______."

The past doesn't matter.

Dallas is getting a TPE from the Knicks that is big enough to absorb Hedo. So the Mavs can offer three 1sts, major cap reduction for Orlando, and will have the cap space to promise Dwight this year with Dirk & Kidd and next year Dirk & Deron.

Cuban isn't letting Chandler and company leave for no reason, he has a plan. Dwight knows that if he chooses Dallas that they have a legit shot at multiple championships.
Whos first rounders do they have

KOBEtherealKing

The past doesn't matter.

Football? Stupid comparison.

Face it JJ & Chandler are gone. Cuban will look like a hypocrite trying to trade for howard or williams.

longtime lurker

The past doesn't matter.

Do the Mavs have extra draft picks coming in? How can they offer 3?

crosso√er
12-10-2011, 02:32 AM

The past doesn't matter.

Lets see Dirk & Kidd or Kobe & Paul? :oldlol:
With Dirk & Howard, how the hell are they going to acquire Deron Williams exactly? :rolleyes:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Do the Mavs have extra draft picks coming in? How can they offer 3?

if for D12 ....Bynum/Lopez is not enough...what the fcuk they will do with draft picks that are between 20-30...I say 20-30 because the Mavs just got HOT last season at the right moment....

this year...2nd round the most

keepinitreal
12-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Haywood, Marion, Beaubois, Fernandez, Wright, cash, three picks. Is an injury prone 50 games per season center with mental problems like Bynum really much better? What about a center, who plays in the same conference and grabs 5 rebounds a game, making Kris Humphries look like Dennis Rodman.

And the Mavs can basically guarantee Howard Deron Williams as well, cause the Mavs will make room for a max deal and Williams is coming home. If Howard says he wants to play with Dirk and Deron in Dallas what is Orlando supposed to do?

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Bajanmale
It should be obvious by now that D Howard will be a Laker. All these games these superstars are playing off the court with the media is funny. Chris Paul to GSW or Clippers:lol then surprise surprise deals off. Lakers get him. Now lets sit back and watch the same thing happen with Howard! These guys talk and already plan to play together.

PJR
It will be the nets. Brook Lopez, Damian James, two first. Calling it now.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:34 AM
The one interesting part of this is that New Jersey can take back Hedo's bad contract. Hard to believe that Dwight won't want to go to LA, but Orlando should play a bit of hardball here.

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 02:37 AM
The one interesting part of this is that New Jersey can take back Hedo's bad contract. Hard to believe that Dwight won't want to go to LA, but Orlando should play a bit of hardball here.

So can Dallas if they get the TPE from New York. That is still alive I think, cause the Wizards struggle with eth Turiaf deal. The only way the Lakers can take back Hedo, is to send Gasol or Odom with Bynum, cause they sure as hell ain

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]So can Dallas if they get the TPE from New York. That is still alive I think, cause the Wizards struggle with eth Turiaf deal. The only way the Lakers can take back Hedo, is to send Gasol or Odom with Bynum, cause they sure as hell ain

G-Funk
12-10-2011, 02:44 AM
IF CP3 deal goes through like expected. Expect D12 to demand the Lakers out of those 3

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 02:45 AM
The Nets would also be sending Brook Lopez and two first round picks. What would Dallas be sending?

Terry (expiring), Fernandez (expiring); Kidd (expiring), Beaubois, Wright, three 1st round picks, Haywood or Marion. They can go into the Mavs candy store and pick, except for German candy.

Who is Brook Lopez? If you trade Howard to New Jersey you make the Nets a hellish East contender. If you trade him to the West, you destroy the Nets franchise for the next 10 years, cause Deron is leaving.

G-Funk
The Nets would also be sending Brook Lopez and two first round picks. What would Dallas be sending?
PR move to keep Cuban shut from spoiling this deal

longtime lurker
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]So can Dallas if they get the TPE from New York. That is still alive I think, cause the Wizards struggle with eth Turiaf deal. The only way the Lakers can take back Hedo, is to send Gasol or Odom with Bynum, cause they sure as hell ain

PJR
12-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Dwight has wanted in the New York area since he filmed his cameo in "Just Wright"...

He will be a Brooklyn Net. Hedo will come along for the ride as well.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Terry (expiring), Fernandez (expiring); Kidd (expiring), Beaubois, Wright, three 1st round picks, Haywood or Marion. They can go into the Mavs candy store and pick, except for German candy.

Who is Brook Lopez? If you trade Howard to New Jersey you make the Nets a hellish East contender. If you trade him to the West, you destroy the Nets franchise for the next 10 years, cause Deron is leaving.

You're crazy if you think Orlando would prefer that deal over Bynum or Lopez.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 02:49 AM
IF CP3 deal goes through like expected. Expect D12 to demand the Lakers out of those 3

I'd make him wait until the trade deadline and see if you couldn't get him to blink.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 02:50 AM
It should be obvious by now that D Howard will be a Laker. All these games these superstars are playing off the court with the media is funny. Chris Paul to GSW or Clippers:lol then surprise surprise deals off. Lakers get him. Now lets sit back and watch the same thing happen with Howard! These guys talk and already plan to play together.

oh... i think i have heard this before...and may have happened too..who was it???

HurricaneKid
12-10-2011, 02:56 AM

You think someone is going to trade one of the best players in the NBA for one of the worst contracts in the NBA? Haywood is signed for 4 more years at ~9m/. Wright? Are you kidding me? They signed him to a 1 yr 1M deal. If anyone in the league wanted him they could have had him for a pittance. Roddy, Rudy and Matrix are fine but none of them will be NBA starters in 2 years. I just don't see a package there.

And whatever elite team gets Howard, their 1st rd picks are meaningless.

And PUHLEASE explain how they are going to have room to sign Williams in the offseason. With JET and Kidd coming off their books they are committed to 44M for next year. Add in Howard's 17M and they are well over the cap. Find me another 17M. Its just not there.

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 02:58 AM
Welll the Mavs now have the 12 million dollar TPE from the Knicks, so that advantange of the Nets is gone. :banana:

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 03:02 AM
And PUHLEASE explain how they are going to have room to sign Williams in the offseason. With JET and Kidd coming off their books they are committed to 44M for next year. Add in Howard's 17M and they are well over the cap. Find me another 17M. Its just not there.

Amnesty Haywood - 8 million dollars
Dirk restructs his contract - 8 million dollars
Marion gets traded -8 million dollars
Beaubois is gone in the Howard deal -3 million dollars
Wright and Jones get trade away for cash at the deadline -2 million dollars

Dirk 12
Howard 17
Hedo 11
-----------
Total Cap 40

Booyah. :roll:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Welll the Mavs now have the 12 million dollar TPE from the Knicks, so that advantange of the Nets is gone. :banana:

till Howard says its Lakers...haha

Play with Kobe/Cp3 - best backcourt in the NBA

OR

Play with D William who himself is not sure if he will sign the extension

D12"Magic"
12-10-2011, 03:11 AM
till Howard says its Lakers...haha

Play with Kobe/Cp3 - best backcourt in the NBA

OR

Though if Deron is paired with Howard, Deron is obviously gonna the sign the extension.

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 03:11 AM

Williams would resign if Howard was coming there. No question. Howard certainly knows that.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Amnesty Haywood - 8 million dollars
Dirk restructs his contract - 8 million dollars
Marion gets traded -8 million dollars
Beaubois is gone in the Howard deal -3 million dollars
Wright and Jones get trade away for cash at the deadline -2 million dollars

Dirk 12
Howard 17
Hedo 11
-----------
Total Cap 40

Booyah. :roll:

lol...i wont burst your bubble...

but for a superstar...you wont send any youth with potential?

DStebb716
12-10-2011, 03:12 AM

Except the having actual assets to trade to the Magic part.

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 03:20 AM
oh... i think i have heard this before...and may have happened too..who was it???

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

SpecialQue
12-10-2011, 03:23 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

Looking forward to seeing this a thousand times if the CP3/Dwight trades actually happen.

G-Funk
12-10-2011, 03:28 AM
I'd make him wait until the trade deadline and see if you couldn't get him to blink.
I think the Magic would like to make it happened asap. they don't wanna deal with Melo type of drama

adri41
12-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Did the sign and trade even happen, though? Didn't Chandler sign outright? I haven't been following the last few hours, but I don't think Dallas got a TPE, unless I missed something.

bdreason
12-10-2011, 03:33 AM
What do the Lakers or Mavs have to offer? Lakers only have Bynum and no picks. Mavs have nothing but vets and bad picks.

At least NJ can offer Lopez, 2 1st round picks, and possibly some other young players (like Morrow).

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Did the sign and trade even happen, though? Didn't Chandler sign outright? I haven't been following the last few hours, but I don't think Dallas got a TPE, unless I missed something.

Yes they got it from the Knicks, probably with some "Now go screw the Nets "- sticker on it. :oldlol:

bdreason
12-10-2011, 03:35 AM
And NJ has cap space to take a bad contract (see Turkoglu).

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 03:36 AM
What do the Lakers or Mavs have to offer? Lakers only have Bynum and no picks. Mavs have nothing but vets and bad picks.

At least NJ can offer Lopez, 2 1st round picks, and possibly some other young players (like Morrow).

Are those the Nets picks, cause the picks are really useless, unless they are from other teams. Whoever gets Dwight moves into the botom five of the first round anyway.

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 03:37 AM

So does Dallas. That is a wash.

DirtySanchez
Only way Howard goes to LA is if Pal still goes and he demands it.

adri41
Do you have a source for that? Because literally everything I see has him signing outright with New York. Nothing to do with Dallas.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 03:38 AM

with the tpe created by trading LO.....Lakers can still trade bynum/ 2 1st rounders/ 2 nd rounders for D12 and a seperate trade TPE for Hedo

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 03:38 AM
Do you have a source for that? Because literally everything I see has him signing outright with New York. Nothing to do with Dallas.

Marc Stein.

bdreason
12-10-2011, 03:40 AM
with the tpe created by trading LO.....Lakers can still trade bynum/ 2 1st rounders/ 2 nd rounders for D12 and a seperate trade TPE for Hedo

That trade is being 're-worked', and my guess is it will no longer include a TPE for the Lakers. It's also rumored that multiple picks from both L.A. and Houston will be included in the new trade.

DirtySanchez
12-10-2011, 03:40 AM
I hope the Lakers get both Paul n Dwight some how...be a big middle finger to Stern n Gilbert.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 03:43 AM
That trade is being 're-worked', and my guess is it will no longer include a TPE for the Lakers. It's also rumored that multiple picks from both L.A. and Houston will be included in the new trade.

its the same deal Pau going to Rockets and LO going to Hornets

Rockets are the one throwing in more younger players like C lee, patrick paterson

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 03:44 AM
Part of me wants to see the league still say no just to see the reaction.

bdreason
12-10-2011, 03:45 AM
its the same deal Pau going to Rockets and LO going to Hornets

Rockets are the one throwing in more younger players like C lee, patrick paterson

We will see. The biggest opposition to the trade came from the fact that the Lakers were shedding salary and gaining a TPE. I'm assuming both of those factors will be addressed in the new trade.

UK-NJ
12-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Are those the Nets picks, cause the picks are really useless, unless they are from other teams. Whoever gets Dwight moves into the botom five of the first round anyway.
One is our pick, one is a Rockets lottery protected pick.

DirtySanchez
12-10-2011, 03:48 AM
We will see. The biggest opposition to the trade came from the fact that the Lakers were shedding salary and gaining a TPE. I'm assuming both of those factors will be addressed in the new trade.

Yup...so the Lakers need to take on some salary etc. Basically Stern does not want them having a go with Howard.

niko
12-10-2011, 10:00 AM
If this gets done Mitch is a genius.
Apparently he is the one that prevented the Buss family from going after Howard first; he said it could back-fire. He said NJ right now have the ball in hand unless we get some youth back to pair up with Howard.

In retrospective, it almost cost LA everything but right now there is a lot of hope in Laker land, I just hope it gets resolved ASAP. I am on edge from this roller-coaster ride.
I'm a bit lost, can you briefly umm arise what you mean? You sound like you know something

hawkfan
12-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't know but I do know Dirk & Dwight would be absolutely insane together. Dirk & Dwight and some solid role players would make the Mavericks contenders easily for another 2-3 seasons.

3 championships at least. Besides Dirk, they still have Marion, Kidd, Terry, Haywood. With Howard, they would crush the league, including Miami.