PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Dwight Howard on Dec. 10 officially requested a trade, and favors Nets

Reverend Hoops
12-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Dwight Howard has told the Orlando Magic that he wants to be traded, Magic General Manager Otis Smith told the Orlando Sentinel Saturday afternoon. Smith said Howard has made the request twice in separate conversations since Monday. Dan Fegan, Howard’s agent, didn’t immediately return a phone message for comment. Orlando Sentinel

Smith emphasized that the Magic want to keep Howard long-term, and he added that Howard and his camp haven’t told the team that he definitely will not remain with the franchise. Indeed, Smith repeated what Magic officials have said for days: that the team will make every effort to keep the All-NBA First Team center. Orlando Sentinel

On Friday, Smith gave Howard’s camp permission to have contact with officials from three teams — the Dallas Mavericks, the Los Angeles Lakers and the New Jersey Nets — and seek a trade. After the Magic completed their first training-camp practice Friday, Howard was asked what his long-term plans are. He mostly evaded the questions. Orlando Sentinel

Full story: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-trade-magic-1211-20111210,0,3107502.story

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz1gAwRJKIY

G-Funk
12-10-2011, 06:43 PM
It was just a matter of time.

GOBB
12-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Dallas L.A or NJN? Dwight is a lame like his jokes. :rolleyes:

GatorKid117
12-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Glad he finally admitted it. Now trade him, fire Otis and tank.

Zackmorris
12-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Here we go

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Everything is colliding as planned, dwight has caught drift of the CP3 trade approval (possibly already approved), requests trade

the destination should be clear

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/the_rock_gif.gif

crosso√er
Wait Dwighty, you requested a trade to early; Paul's trade hasn't been confirmed yet. :(

HB40TheNextStar
You mean this hasn't happened already?

All Net
In the words of Goldberg

YOU'RE NEXT!!

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 06:48 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-trade-magic-1211-20111210,0,3107502.story

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/motorhead069/AndHereWeGo.gif

DevilsAssassin
12-10-2011, 06:48 PM
So Dwight Howard out

Andre Drummond In?

cotdt
12-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Lakers don't need Dwight to win a championship, though.

PyrrhusX
12-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I will be incredibly amused if he does not go to the Lakers.
Maybe then, people will stop saying things are set in stone. :P

Haymaker
Lakers don't need Dwight to win a championship, though. Nope.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Lakers don't need Dwight to win a championship, though.

they do...after trading for CP3...what do you have remaining in the front line?

Bynum only?

ThatsGame
12-10-2011, 06:52 PM
NBA is screwed if Howard goes to LA with CP3. Total BS.

G-Funk
12-10-2011, 06:53 PM
NBA is screwed if Howard goes to LA with CP3. Total BS.
Chances of that happening are VERY slim!

talkingconch
12-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Chances of that happening are VERY slim!
so after everything we've digested this past week, they are VERY slim?

Joshumitsu
12-10-2011, 06:56 PM
If he goes to LA, I will consider him a b**** as that'll be joining the team who beat him in the Finals. It'll say that the centers today are soft as hell.

Legends66NBA7
12-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Something big is going down...

Kobr
12-10-2011, 06:59 PM
http://mlkshk.com/r/1I7U

Myth
12-10-2011, 07:01 PM
I miss the days when players may request teams, but they don't bully their way to specific teams. Heck, even when Pau Gasol requested a trade from Memphis, he didn't say "Must be Lakers or ________."

KOBEtherealKing
12-10-2011, 07:02 PM
If he goes to LA, I will consider him a b**** as that'll be joining the team who beat him in the Finals. It'll say that the centers today are soft as hell.
Lesoft and bosh did the same thing, kg and allen, why is it bad when lakers try to do it?

Jimmy2k8
12-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I think everyone knows where Howard is going to end up...

http://www.thevictoryformation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dwight-howard-lakers.jpg

:rockon: Feels good man!

DaPerceive
12-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Three kinds of people are upset right now

1. Laker Haters
2. Heat fans
3. Kobe fans.

Laker haters and Heat fans for obvious reasons. Kobe fans because they know that he won't be the #1 in LA anymore. Shit, he might not even be #2. :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Wait Dwighty, you requested a trade to early; Paul's trade hasn't been confirmed yet. :(
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Dwight Howard has requested that the Orlando Magic trade him to the New Jersey Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Dwight Howard has requested that the Orlando Magic trade him to the New Jersey Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

D12"Magic"
10 seconds ago
Shit just got real

DMV2
Lesoft and bosh did the same thing, kg and allen, why is it bad when lakers try to do it?
:facepalm Re-read his post, dumbass!!!

DStebb716
12-10-2011, 07:06 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242411

Hedo15
Three kinds of people are upset right now

1. Laker Haters
2. Heat fans
3. Kobe fans.

Laker haters and Heat fans for obvious reasons. Kobe fans because they know that he won't be the #1 in LA anymore. Shit, he might not even be #2. :oldlol:

Might wanna throw Magic fans in there somewhere too

D12"Magic"
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242411
Sorry man just to excited did not see it.

DaPerceive
12-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Might wanna throw Magic fans in there somewhere too
Magic fans are not mad. If anything they might be happy since they can finally get this over with.

cotdt
12-10-2011, 07:08 PM
they do...after trading for CP3...what do you have remaining in the front line?

Bynum only?

CP3 would also come with Okafor. And we have Bynum. We don't need Dwight to win a championship if we have CP3.

KOBEtherealKing
12-10-2011, 07:08 PM
:facepalm Re-read his post, dumbass!!!
Douche bag, it was reguarding him calling howard a bitchh because he wanted to team up with a another person.

GatorKid117
12-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Magic fans are not mad. If anything they might be happy since they can finally get this over with.

Your star player announced he wants to be traded, you should be happy.

GTFO RG.

LA_Showtime
12-10-2011, 07:10 PM
CP3 would also come with Okafor. And we have Bynum. We don't need Dwight to win a championship if we have CP3.

That depends on if Bynum can stay healthy, which is hardly a guarantee. We have yet to see how he'll respond to more attention from defenses too. I mean he's put up some pretty impressive stretches of play but he's always got injured.

Haymaker
12-10-2011, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Lakers_Kobe_Fan]WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Dwight Howard has requested that the Orlando Magic trade him to the New Jersey Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.[/QUOTE

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qm5UlUt50vE/TAn0rXEjq0I/AAAAAAAAACk/3bEUGtENzrY/s1600/hbomb.jpg

d.bball.guy
12-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Should Laker fans be thankful that the CP3 trade was killed?

DMV2
12-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Douche bag, it was guarding him calling howard a bitchh because he wanted to team up with a another person.My god, Laker fans are illiterates.

If he goes to LA, I will consider him a b**** as that'll be joining the team who beat him in the Finals. It'll say that the centers today are soft as hell.The poster is saying, Dwight is a b*tch for joining a team that whooped his ass in the Finals(2009).

maybeshewill13
12-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Laker fans:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9814/umadk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/umadk.jpg/)

dak121
12-10-2011, 07:13 PM
How is Otis Smith still employed?

Just like Danny Ferry, he blew it with a franchise-changing talent. I wouldn't want the guy running a fruit stand let alone an NBA team.

DStebb716
12-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Sorry man just to excited did not see it.

Understandable. I'm excited too and I'm a Knicks fan.

KOBEtherealKing
12-10-2011, 07:20 PM
My god, Laker fans are illiterates.
The poster is saying, Dwight is a b*tch for joining a team that whooped his ass in the Finals(2009).
And? I'm still saying he needs help just.like lebron and pierce. Conclusion, they all bitchess.

maybeshewill13
12-10-2011, 07:25 PM
And? I'm still saying he needs help just.like lebron and pierce. Conclusion, they all bitchess.

http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/8320/jelly.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/859/jelly.jpg/)

DaPerceive
12-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Your star player announced he wants to be traded, you should be happy.

GTFO RG.
Good point, obviously you would rather end up like the Cavs right? :facepalm Get some decent players for your star player or have your star player completely walk out on you and leave you with nothing?

Tough choice right? :rolleyes: :facepalm Be happy.

GatorKid117
12-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Good point, obviously you would rather end up like the Cavs right? :facepalm Get some decent players for your star player or have your star player completely walk out on you and leave you with nothing?

Tough choice right? :rolleyes: :facepalm Be happy.

Such a fail.

My 1st post in this thread:
Glad he finally admitted it. Now trade him, fire Otis and tank.

That doesn't mean I'm still not upset over this, along with pretty much every other Magic fan that had some slight hope he would stay. That was all squashed the moment he said trade me publicly.

So again, GTFO RG.

DaPerceive
12-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Such a fail.

My 1st post in this thread:

That doesn't mean I'm still not upset over this, along with pretty much every other Magic fan that had some slight hope he would stay. That was all squashed the moment he said trade me publicly.

So again, GTFO RG.
Yeah Dwight wants to play for a real organization like the Los Angeles Lakers, not some ***** loser one like the Orlando Magic.

Lol at Dwight going to stay in Orlando. That is about as delusional of a thought as Raptors fans thinking Bosh was going to stay in Toronto.

DaPerceive
12-10-2011, 07:46 PM
One more thing,

http://imageflea.com/pics/1109/qjybyefo.gif

Sarcastic
12-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah Dwight wants to play for a real organization like the Los Angeles Lakers, not some ***** loser one like the Orlando Magic.

Lol at Dwight going to stay in Orlando. That is about as delusional of a thought as Raptors fans thinking Bosh was going to stay in Toronto.

Reads what you wrote.

Looks at your avatar.

:rolleyes:

DaPerceive
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Reads what you wrote.

Looks at your avatar.

:rolleyes:
Yeah its the best player in the league and a future Laker, what's the problem? :confusedshrug:

Primary
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
How is Otis Smith still employed?

Just like Danny Ferry, he blew it with a franchise-changing talent. I wouldn't want the guy running a fruit stand let alone an NBA team.
seriously. Otis Smith must have tried really hard to **** this up. trading Gortat away last year was like throwing in the towel. and now he just traded Bass for Davis. are you kidding me?

Vragrant
12-10-2011, 07:56 PM
seriously. Otis Smith must have tried really hard to **** this up. trading Gortat away last year was like throwing in the towel. and now he just traded Bass for Davis. are you kidding me?

Probably the worst gm in the league. How does the Magic FO not fire this guy?

Almost like he wants to screw the Magic organization on purpose. I don't even like Howard but I don't blame the guy for leaving. He has no chance of winning anything as long as that guy is running the show.

Sarcastic
12-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah its the best player in the league and a future Laker, what's the problem? :confusedshrug:

I am sure you could find a pic of him in different clothing. Maybe All Star game? Maybe Team USA?

RRR3
12-10-2011, 08:02 PM
I am sure you could find a pic of him in different clothing. Maybe All Star game? Maybe Team USA?
You're talking to RG/ThaSwagg3r AKA "Yao>Dwight/Wade>LBJ". If he's a Dwight Howard fan, then I'm the King of Saudi Arabia.

LA_Showtime
12-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Let's assume Howard gets traded to New Jersey. Would they compete for a championship this season? They would have to all-star players, a few solid role players, and very little depth. If they picked up another piece or two I think they would contend with the Miami's and Boston's of the East, but simply adding Howard would put them in that same tier.

DaPerceive
It's a sexy pic though, wouldn't you say? Dwight Howard is the best player in the NBA, but it is too bad he plays for one of the most pathetic organizations in the NBA.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
Lakers, Western conference is prestige. might take a while to get used to. Nets? meh. better then Orlando, and maybe Prokhorov can create something special with his outsider outlook.

I also think a Superteam is a normal team, so i'd prefer he was traded to Lakers. People are just wanked-out communists and want fairness in their fantasies, so times of high adventure are over for people, BUT I WANT HIGH ADVENTURE damnit. you never know when you're gonna die or take an arrow in the knee, so **** mediocrity. Look at bigger picture, it's just NBA, and teams will not fold, they will adapt with new motivation. I'm giving my karma to the Lakers.

themurph
12-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Let's assume Howard gets traded to New Jersey. Would they compete for a championship this season? They would have to all-star players, a few solid role players, and very little depth. If they picked up another piece or two I think they would contend with the Miami's and Boston's of the East, but simply adding Howard would put them in that same tier.

You acting like (and again, if this trade actually happens) Howard is 34 years old, D. Williams is 32 and the Nets won't have $12 million in cap money to play around with...

Those guys are YOUNG....It's not imperative for them to win it all this season like other teams, especially Boston and the Lakers...

LA_Showtime
12-10-2011, 08:13 PM
You acting like (and again, if this trade actually happens) Howard is 34 years old, D. Williams is 32 and the Nets won't have $12 million in cap money to play around with...

Those guys are YOUNG....It's not imperative for them to win it all this season like other teams, especially Boston and the Lakers...

I was just trying to start a discussion. I don't think Howard puts them over the top. I was hoping a Nets fan would respond with other possible signings or trades that might take place if the Nets trade for Howard.

Rose
12-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I was just trying to start a discussion. I don't think Howard puts them over the top. I was hoping a Nets fan would respond with other possible signings or trades that might take place if the Nets trade for Howard.
David West would be perfect. A 4 with a wet mid range game? He's an okay rebounder(doesn't matter next to Dwight), and a solid passer for his position.

Just gotta steal him before the C's get him.

GatorKid117
12-10-2011, 09:05 PM

The funny thing about this is I was one of the few Magic fans to ever defend you and you used to ask for me rep. Now your a D12 groupie and you neg me. How ironic.

Whatever helps your psychotic brain sleep at night buddy.

GatorKid117
12-10-2011, 09:11 PM
RG:

thanks for telling me that i'm a good poster or can be lol. i don't try to be a douche though. I mean, i do try to just talk basketball but a lot of people just really piss me off. you know, I do think you are one of the good magic fans on this board next to Magic Vinsanity, but like I said i still appreciate it, and please don't show ISH this pm? lol. thanks.

Thanks man. I registered two accounts though lol, but I am going to take things more seriously and be more objective about the Magic.

-You are a good guy.

you should have repped me in hte orlando magic forum of the magic rep thread, i'll get you back!

DaPerceive
12-10-2011, 09:16 PM
The funny thing about this is I was one of the few Magic fans to ever defend you and you used to ask for me rep. Now your a D12 groupie and you neg me. How ironic.

Whatever helps your psychotic brain sleep at night buddy.
None of that true.

Whatever helps your psychotic brain sleep at night buddy!

jaydacris
12-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins
Dwight: "Just because I've asked to be traded doesn't mean I don't like where I'm at."

:lol wtf...

LA_Showtime
12-10-2011, 10:10 PM

Well Dwight didn't go to college so I guess we can excuse him for being an idiot. I was pretty excited for him to ask to be traded because I always thought he'd pretend to be the nice guy... it's going to end badly if he keeps playing both sides.

Nets fan 93
12-10-2011, 10:10 PM
He probably likes the fans and the city. The management is what he got fed up with.

brownmamba00
12-10-2011, 10:13 PM
lol

Duncan21formvp
12-10-2011, 11:23 PM
:wtf:

PejaNowitzki
12-10-2011, 11:55 PM

Nets will still have substantial cap space left over, enough to sign Nene or West or some other players that will make the Nets a tough team to go up against, especially in the playoffs.