PDA

View Full Version : Consensus #1 pick (according to ISH) finishes w/6 points 9 rebounds against Indiana

PleezeBelieve
12-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Anthony Davis

:roll:

Sarcastic
12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
He's not consensus number 1.

And I bet Cleveland would trade Irving for him next year if they could.

PleezeBelieve
12-10-2011, 08:45 PM

What mock draft doesnt have him going #1??

And LMAO ...

:roll: :roll: :roll: @ Cavs wanting him over Kyrie.

L.Kizzle
12-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Those are prime Ben Wallace numbers.

Svendiggity
12-10-2011, 08:47 PM

lol

Sarcastic
12-10-2011, 08:47 PM

And LMAO ...

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Third.

Andre Drummond > Davis + Irving.

alwaysunny
12-10-2011, 08:48 PM
He was in foul trouble the entire game. Did you even watch the game?

Deuce Bigalow
12-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Isn't Sullinger the #1 consensus pick?

Kurosawa0
12-10-2011, 08:49 PM

No question.

GOBB
12-10-2011, 08:50 PM
He was in foul trouble the entire game. Did you even watch the game?

No he didnt and a little history on PB. Whoever is projected as the #1 pick he trashes and goes against until Cleveland takes him. See Kyrie Irving whom he bashed, said was overrated etc etc. Now he claims Irving is better than John Wall who is overrated etc etc.

In short he's a clown.

Anthony Davis > Tristan Thompson

The Choken One
12-10-2011, 08:51 PM
LOL at judging his skill/potential based on 1 performance.

Congrats OP...you're a ****ing idiot.

PleezeBelieve
12-10-2011, 08:54 PM
LOL at judging his skill/potential based on 1 performance.

Congrats OP...you're a ****ing idiot.
He's averaging 9.9 ppg for the season. F*ck you talking about, son??

The Choken One
12-10-2011, 08:59 PM
ESPN has it at 12...but that's not the point.

He's also averaging 4.5 blocks and 9 rebounds. He was in foul trouble all night. I'm assuming you didn't watch the game at all...

OP you've gone full retard...I can't continue this argument.

PleezeBelieve
12-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Putting up a robust 6 points 9 rebounds on national TV when you're supposedly yhe 'best prospect in years':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttF5HVYtlQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GOBB
12-10-2011, 09:01 PM

Find me where he avg 9.9ppg :roll:

PleezeBelieve
12-10-2011, 09:03 PM
ESPN has it at 12...but that's not the point.

He's also averaging 4.5 blocks and 9 rebounds. He was in foul trouble all night. I'm assuming you didn't watch the game at all...

OP you've gone full retard...I can't continue this argument.

Kick rocks, fool. The people care way more about what i think over you. This thread got about 200 views in 90 seconds. :oldlol:

GOBB
12-10-2011, 09:05 PM
So you cant find where he avg 9.9ppg? :roll: F*ck you talkin about, son!!!!

UtahJazzFan88
12-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Since when is Anthony Davis the consensus #1 pick? Here's one right now for example: http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Idiot. :oldlol:

chips93
12-10-2011, 09:10 PM

Third.

right now, id rather have davis than drummond.

edit: that mock is awful. no way patric young slides to 22, and no way jeremy lamb goes second. festus ezeli at 40!?

GOBB
01-14-2012, 01:45 PM
13ppg 10rpg 1.5spg 4.5bpg :applause:

airchibundo507
01-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Gobb never forgets. Gobb never forgives.

DStebb716
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Drummond should be the no. 1 pick no doubt

Shade8780
01-14-2012, 03:01 PM

And LMAO ...

No wonder you have that much red bars under your name. Andre Drummond has been picked #1 in the majority of draft classes. Harrison Barnes has been picked as well.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/15/128791961907216946.jpg

teddytwelvetoes
01-14-2012, 03:04 PM
http://www.theuconnblog.com/2012/1/8/2691880/andre-drummond-says-hell-be-back-next-year

Drummond is expected to return to UConn next year, even if he's projected to go top-five in the draft.

Fiasco
01-14-2012, 03:09 PM
MKG will be the best player of the draft. If he goes to Charlotte (as projected), it would bring a tear to my eye.

Shade8780
01-14-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.theuconnblog.com/2012/1/8/2691880/andre-drummond-says-hell-be-back-next-year

Drummond is expected to return to UConn next year, even if he's projected to go top-five in the draft.
Happy UConn fan here :djparty :party: :hammertime: :dancin Lol! Would be happy if he stayed but at the same time, sad that he won't be in the NBA this year.

irondarts
01-14-2012, 03:54 PM
He had 18 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks today.

His offensive game is raw, but he is a terror on defense and so damn athletic for a big man.

teddytwelvetoes
01-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Happy UConn fan here :djparty :party: :hammertime: :dancin Lol! Would be happy if he stayed but at the same time, sad that he won't be in the NBA this year.Ha, a fellow Celtics/UConn fan? :bowdown:

I think its great that Drummond is staying. He's looked a bit raw, especially earlier in the season. I was hoping him and Rivers (Duke) would stay another year...was ecstatic when I saw that Drummond was returning :cheers:

GOBB
01-14-2012, 04:29 PM
He had 18 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks today.

His offensive game is raw, but he is a terror on defense and so damn athletic for a big man.

Throw him right at...

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/04/27/71/1146463/3/628x471.jpg

Right after the press conference, meeting coaches/fans/media. Off to the Dream!

CelticBaller
01-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Third.

this

RedBlackAttack
01-14-2012, 04:45 PM

I would absolutely, positively not trade Irving for Davis under any circumstances. In fact, the guy that I want most in this year's draft is MKG, not Davis.

noob cake
01-14-2012, 04:56 PM
I would absolutely, positively not trade Irving for Davis under any circumstances. In fact, the guy that I want most in this year's draft is MKG, not Davis.

Raw bigs have high bust potentials. Irving has already shown that his floor is a borderline all-star.

No way Cavs trade Irving for him right now.

Whoah10115
01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Putting up a robust 6 points 9 rebounds on national TV when you're supposedly yhe 'best prospect in years':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttF5HVYtlQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I haven't been here so long, but you are an ass clown so :cheers:

chips93
01-14-2012, 05:08 PM

what has gilchrist done recently to get some much praise?

i havent watch much college ball since the nba started, but when i watched kentucky, i saw a high energy, athletic, mature kid, who didnt have much skills on offense. he could finish on the break, and he could get into the lane after a curl, but i didnt see much shot creating abilities. has anything changed since then?

alenleomessi
01-14-2012, 07:07 PM
i havent watched any college ball so far.. who is better davis or drummond?
and how are sullinger and rivers doing?

UConnCeltics
01-14-2012, 09:26 PM
You just have to watch Drummond play in order to understand him. He usually makes at least a couple of plays a game that make you think how the hell did he do that?

Anthony Davis has an ugly unibrow so therefore he will be a bust.

GOBB
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
i havent watched any college ball so far.. who is better davis or drummond?
and how are sullinger and rivers doing?

Sullinger is business as usual for OSU like he did as a freshman. Score inside the paint, clean up glass. He plays tomorrow vs Indiana if you're interested.

I havent watched much of Drummond. I cant really speak on who is better. I like Anthony Davis because he can rebound his ass off and there is room for improvement there which to me is crazy. And he is probably the best shotblocker in college. You can work on him offensively but having a knack for rebounds and being a shotblocker, interior intimidator? I'm sold.

Austin Rivers made a bad decision going to Duke. He's an iso player and at Duke you're handcuffed. Maybe it'll prepare him to be a better pro? I dont know. But as far as being impressed? Nah, not what I had in mind. He shouldve went to Florida and really showcased his skills.

Detroit
01-14-2012, 09:39 PM

gtfo

irondarts
01-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Anthony Davis was beast like last night.

27 points, 14 rebounds and 7 blocks.

He has more blocks himself than 35 entire teams. He's getting better by the day.

(e)
01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
If anyone wants to see a showcase of pro talent watch the KU vs Baylor game. Perry Jones showed some nice stuff, and Thomas Robinson went full beast mode.

Tyshawn Taylor played really well too, but I see late first round pick at best from him.

ralph_i_el
01-18-2012, 01:47 PM
I'd rather have drummond to be completely honest. Davis is looking like a All-defense team talent right now though

HurricaneKid
01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Set the ALL TIME UK Blocks record. As a Freshman. WITH 12 GAMES LEFT.

GOBB
01-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Reminds me of Marcus Camby blocking shots. :bowdown: Wish Sixers had someones unprotected lottery pick in 2012. :(

Sarcastic
01-18-2012, 01:58 PM

Would be a monumental mistake on your behalf then.

zac
01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Set the ALL TIME UK Blocks record. As a Freshman. WITH 12 GAMES LEFT.
This is something that is being completely overlooked. Dude is a monster and has not only blocked shots in the paint but has clocked like 8 3pters this season too and knows how to do it without fouling.

SilkkTheShocker
01-18-2012, 02:29 PM

Gilchrist over Davis?

No offense, but you would be a sh1tty GM :oldlol:

Lebron23
01-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Wizards needs to draft this kid, and fire Flip Saunders. Javalee Mcgee and Anthony Davis = Best shot blocking duo since Duncan and Robinson.

Collie
01-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Would Davis be able to play C in the NBA? He seems a little on the light side.

Lebron23
01-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Would Davis be able to play C in the NBA? He seems a little on the light side.

He's gonna play the PF position in the NBA. His current weight is listed at 220 lbs. Rookie Kevin Garnett weighted at 225 lbs in the 1995 NBA pre draft camp.

RedBlackAttack
01-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Gilchrist over Davis?

No offense, but you would be a sh1tty GM :oldlol:
I've already explained the position several times. I'm talking strictly about for Cleveland, the kind of team we are building, the kinds of players that the organization is striving to acquire and my admittedly completely superficial impression of each players' respective personalities.

First, I recognize the importance of being able to attain a dynamic big man in a league that doesn't exactly have a surplus of elite talent at that spot. If Davis maximizes his potential, he could be the kind of player that you could build a championship roster around down the line.

If he meets that potential, I could see Davis having the defensive, shot blocking and rebounding tenacity of a Marcus Camby or Tyson Chandler combined with the finesse offensively of a Chris Bosh.

Obviously, that is a pretty juicy scenario.

However, we are in an age of some of the most supremely talented players being uninterested in playing in small markets. For a franchise like ours not to consider the possibility of drafting a 'franchise player' only to have that player stick around for a few years and do his franchise thing elsewhere would be foolish. That is something that all small markets should be aware of when making these kinds of franchise-altering selections.

I look at Davis and see a guy who is from Chicago and might not be all that keen on spending his career in Cleveland. Of course, that is assuming a lot and speculating on something for which I really have no hard, solid evidence of, but it is just a gut feeling. The Cavaliers would have to do their due diligence and decide for themselves if Davis is the kind of guy that would stick around for the long haul and build his career here. If they think he is and they also believe he is the best player in the draft and we had the opportunity to get him, I'd be all for it.

But, I look at the way this current team is being constructed and I can't help but notice that last year's two draft choices are both extremely high character guys. Irving was the obvious pick at No. 1, but no one saw Thompson coming at No. 4. I honestly believe that part of the reason he was drafted was because of his character and that he convinced the front office that he wants to spend his career in Cleveland.

That along with his freakish athleticism and great workouts led to the pick.

Now, I look at MKG. He is of the Irving and Thompson ilk of high character. His work ethic is renowned around the country. He plays a position that we desperately need to fill. He has massive NBA potential, imo. Again, just from a completely superficial outsider's view, he seems like he might be the kind of guy that would remain loyal to the team that drafted him (especially if it is a high pick) and it doesn't hurt that he would be joining a young, talented team with fellow New Jersey high schooler Kyrie Irving leading the way.

Truth be told, I don't think the chasm between these two guys as far as NBA potential is concerned is as massive as some would have you believe. A big factor in Davis being a higher ranked prospect is simply the lack of quality big men in the NBA today. But, I could see MKG becoming a star swingman, which is the position that the Cavs need to fill desperately.

Considering all of that... I would be more than happy with an Irving, MKG, Thompson core for the future.

Keep in mind that there were many laughing at me last year for asserting that Kyrie Irving was the unquestioned best player in the draft and a no-brainer pick for the Cavs.

Qwyjibo
01-19-2012, 01:33 AM
C - Jonas Valanciunas
PF - Anthony Davis

For the next 6+ years? Yes please!

abuC
01-19-2012, 01:38 AM
He's gonna play the PF position in the NBA. His current weight is listed at 220 lbs. Rookie Kevin Garnett weighted at 225 lbs in the 1995 NBA pre draft camp.

KG was 7"0 though, Davis is 6"10.

RedBlackAttack
01-19-2012, 01:39 AM
what has gilchrist done recently to get some much praise?

i havent watch much college ball since the nba started, but when i watched kentucky, i saw a high energy, athletic, mature kid, who didnt have much skills on offense. he could finish on the break, and he could get into the lane after a curl, but i didnt see much shot creating abilities. has anything changed since then?
He is a freshman putting up 14/8 on 50% shooting on a team that doesn't exactly lend itself to one guy dominating games on his own. He is undoubtedly a bit raw offensively when it comes to his jumper, especially from beyond 15 feet. However, he is a workhorse on the offensive glass, extremely athletic, one of the longest legitimate perimeter players to come through in a while (7-foot wingspan) and a tenacious defender.

He has the ability to bring the ball up the floor or play off the ball and attack the boards. He also has a high basketball IQ from everything I've seen/read.

He was pretty much the consensus No. 3 player in this loaded class, behind only Davis and Drummond (ESPN, Rivals, Scout). The guy is a renowned workaholic and very high character.

He is the kind of guy that doesn't need to have the ball in his hands constantly to have a big impact offensively and there isn't a doubt in my mind that he will eventually become a good shooter with the way he works on his game and having a professional shooting coach teaching him the correct form and mechanics. Defense is really probably his defining trait at this stage in the game.

With Kyrie doing most of the ball-handling and playmaking duties, he seems to me to be an ideal running partner.

I could see him being a player in the mold of a Scottie Pippen if everything were to work out perfectly and he maximized his potential. Yeah, I like him a lot.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 01:40 AM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ANDRE-DRUMMOND-DUNK.gif

Drummond is going #1 anyway.

RedBlackAttack
01-19-2012, 01:43 AM
I don't think it is going to matter to us, because the Cavs probably aren't going to have a top 2 pick anyway. This team isn't close to that bad, unless the injury bug hits, we trade away all of the vets or we just get extremely lucky on the lottery again.

I'd be happy with a pick anywhere in the top 7. And, that said, Gilchrist is my guy. Am I the only one that sees this potential?

abuC
01-19-2012, 01:45 AM
I don't think it is going to matter to us, because the Cavs probably aren't going to have a top 2 pick anyway. This team isn't close to that bad, unless the injury bug hits, we trade away all of the vets or we just get extremely lucky on the lottery again.

I'd be happy with a pick anywhere in the top 7. And, that said, Gilchrist is my guy. Am I the only one that sees this potential?

Is Gilchrist a 2 or 3 at the next level?

Qwyjibo
01-19-2012, 01:46 AM

The Cavs are one good tank-job away from finishing rebuilding, IMO. Add another top young pick to Kyrie (who I think will be a star) and you have your base to build on. An injury to a key veteran (Varejao?) might be the only way that happens.

I'm still pissed that the Raptors somehow beat them both times. We Raptors fans need the tank badly.

RedBlackAttack
01-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Is Gilchrist a 2 or 3 at the next level?
I think he could play either spot. He is athletic enough and a good enough defender to stay with 2s and his offensive game will eventually be refined enough to fill that kind of role, imo. At 6-foot-7, he would be very difficult for 2s to deal with on the other side of the ball, because he has been working on his post play.

I think he is more naturally at 3 at this stage of the game, though, and his 7-foot wingspan makes up for any height problems on the next level. His raw athleticism and large frame would probably make him a SF at the start of his career.

He is a pretty damned versatile player, though. He isn't a 'tweener' that would have hard time finding his place, I don't think.... He is the kind of guy that could play multiple positions.

Scoooter
01-19-2012, 01:51 AM

Do you know what his actual height is?

RedBlackAttack
01-19-2012, 01:53 AM
The Cavs are one good tank-job away from finishing rebuilding, IMO. Add another top young pick to Kyrie (who I think will be a star) and you have your base to build on. An injury to a key veteran (Varejao?) might be the only way that happens.

I'm still pissed that the Raptors somehow beat them both times. We Raptors fans need the tank badly.
See, I think this class is deep enough to where you don't necessarily need a top 2 pick to land the potentially final piece of a rebuild. What separates this class from last year's class, imo, isn't at the top.

Kyrie Irving will prove to be a more than adequate No. 1 pick in any draft class. The real luck for the Cavs was getting No. 1 last year. The difference between No. 1 and the rest of the lottery was massive, imo.

This year, there are those elite guys at the top again, but there is also incredible depth (assuming everyone comes out). If you get a top 8 pick in this draft, you are getting a potentially elite prospect.

Let's say it goes...

1. Drummond
2. Davis
3. Barnes
4. Perry Jones
5. Sullinger
6. Jeremy Lamb
7. Thomas Robinson
8. Kidd-Gilchrist

...are you going to complain about any of those guys?

That's not even mentioning Bradley Beal, Henson, Austin Rivers, Terrance Jones, Meyers Leonard... this draft is one of the deepest in memory.

Qwyjibo
01-19-2012, 02:01 AM
I personally have my doubts about Perry Jones and Sullinger in the NBA. I don't know if Jones is going to have a position much like Anthony Randolph. I realize he has his athleticism but does he do one single thing at a very good level? I haven't seen it and the #'s don't show it either.

With Sullinger, my concerns are more about his ceiling which might be totally unfair. I think he's going to be a productive scorer but just doesn't have that star potential. Elton Brand minus the defense? A better rebounding David West? Obviously still a very good player but I don't want the Raptors to draft him.

I've always liked Barnes and still do, especially for the Raptors but lately I'm getting worried about his ability to create his own offense. I'd still have him in the group of 3 (MKG, Drummond, Barnes) behind Davis.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 02:03 AM

6'10 - 6'11".

He's a legit 270 already though, and his athleticism for that size is off the charts.

Originally from Mt Vernon, so hopefully one day he will be a Knick.

Zenji
01-19-2012, 02:06 AM
See, I think this class is deep enough to where you don't necessarily need a top 2 pick to land the potentially final piece of a rebuild. What separates this class from last year's class, imo, isn't at the top.

Kyrie Irving will prove to be a more than adequate No. 1 pick in any draft class. The real luck for the Cavs was getting No. 1 last year. The difference between No. 1 and the rest of the lottery was massive, imo.

This year, there are those elite guys at the top again, but there is also incredible depth (assuming everyone comes out). If you get a top 8 pick in this draft, you are getting a potentially elite prospect.

Let's say it goes...

1. Drummond
2. Davis
3. Barnes
4. Perry Jones
5. Sullinger
6. Jeremy Lamb
7. Thomas Robinson
8. Kidd-Gilchrist

...are you going to complain about any of those guys?

That's not even mentioning Bradley Beal, Henson, Austin Rivers, Terrance Jones, Meyers Leonard... this draft is one of the deepest in memory.

What a yummy draft class.

RedBlackAttack
01-19-2012, 02:14 AM
I personally have my doubts about Perry Jones and Sullinger in the NBA. I don't know if Jones is going to have a position much like Anthony Randolph. I realize he has his athleticism but does he do one single thing at a very good level? I haven't seen it and the #'s don't show it either.

With Sullinger, my concerns are more about his ceiling which might be totally unfair. I think he's going to be a productive scorer but just doesn't have that star potential. Elton Brand minus the defense? A better rebounding David West?

I've always liked Barnes and still do, especially for the Raptors but lately I'm getting worried about his ability to create his own offense. I'd still have him in the group of 3 (MKG, Drummond, Barnes) behind Davis.
I agree about Perry Jones. He is the kind of guy that could be great, but he just does not seem to have the kind of assertive personality that you need to reach that elite level. When I watch Baylor, he will disappear for long stretches which should absolutely not happen with a guy as naturally gifted as him against college guys that don't have 1/10th of the natural athleticism. That definitely worries me and I fear a Tim Thomas clone at times.

Still, his natural talent and skill alone will be enough for a GM to snag him early and believe that they can bring that aggressiveness out of him... And they may do it. I just really don't want the Cavs to be the guinea pigs in that project which is why I favor a guy like MKG over him.

Sullinger has limited upside, let's be honest. He is what he is... A very skilled, undersized 4 that is going to give you intensity on the boards and a good amount of offense, but he isn't going to become Karl Malone or that kind of elite 4 under any circumstances, imo. I also want nothing to do with him in this draft, but luckily, we addressed the 4 spot last year with Thompson (who has a ton more upside, imo)... I bet that some GM does take him in the top 5, though. Watch and see.

I loved Barnes as a prospect last year, but I am starting to worry about his ability to create off the dribble, like you. He has a great natural stroke and will be a good off-the-ball scorer in the NBA, for sure. The question is, does he have enough natural athleticism to be a dominant scoring wing that can carry a team on that end of the floor? I have my doubts. Still, I wouldn't complain if the Cavs were able to somehow get him. Playing alongside Kyrie would get him a ton of open looks and he is a knock-down shooter from anywhere on the floor.

The weaknesses in these guys is part of the reason I'm so high on MKG. I just don't see an area where I say, "Wow, he is going to struggle with that in the NBA." To me, he oozes prototypical NBA talent. His biggest problems right now are things that are completely fixable on the next level like his shooting mechanics and footwork in the post. He has the athleticism, the size, is a defensive monster and is a gym rat.

It is going to go Drummond/Davis in some order at the top if they both come out. After that, you have a lot of very interesting prospects that offer uniquely different skillsets. I'm not sure what your Raps really need. Assuming Jonas is as good as I think he will be, a scoring wing?

I also really, really like Lamb, btw.

abuC
01-19-2012, 02:14 AM
I think he could play either spot. He is athletic enough and a good enough defender to stay with 2s and his offensive game will eventually be refined enough to fill that kind of role, imo. At 6-foot-7, he would be very difficult for 2s to deal with on the other side of the ball, because he has been working on his post play.

I think he is more naturally at 3 at this stage of the game, though, and his 7-foot wingspan makes up for any height problems on the next level. His raw athleticism and large frame would probably make him a SF at the start of his career.

He is a pretty damned versatile player, though. He isn't a 'tweener' that would have hard time finding his place, I don't think.... He is the kind of guy that could play multiple positions.

From what I've watched of him he seems to be a great hustle/energy player, but doesn't seem to have offensive skills and his jumper looks outright broken.

RedBlackAttack
01-19-2012, 02:18 AM
From what I've watched of him he seems to be a great hustle/energy player, but doesn't seem to have offensive skills and his jumper looks outright broken.
I honestly don't even really worry about a guy's mechanics on his jumper when I'm looking at a college or high school prospect, especially for a hard worker and gifted athlete like MKG. He will get it worked out on the next level. I virtually guarantee it.

LeBron James had maybe the worst shooting mechanics I had ever seen for a top-rated wing coming into the league. If you have the natural ability and put in the work, it doesn't take incredibly long to fix.

abuC
01-19-2012, 02:19 AM

Oriakhi was 6"9 LeBron's camp, and Drummond is clearly taller than him.

GOBB
01-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Cavs can still end up with a top 3 pick if not win the lottery this draft.

I wonder who pulls out this draft. I bet Austin Rivers

RedBlackAttack
01-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Cavs can still end up with a top 3 pick if not win the lottery this draft.

I wonder who pulls out this draft. I bet Austin Rivers
Well, it depends what happens between now and the end of the season. I would love to have a top 3 pick, obviously. This team, quite frankly, is too good, imo, to get that high of a pick right now.

The reason isn't because it is an extremely talented team aside from Irving, Varejao and Jamison's scoring outbursts... It is because it is a very deep team which is something that benefits them a ton with the condensed schedule.

Their starting unit is Irving, Parker, Casspi, Jamison and Varejao. Their second unit is Sessions, Gibson, Gee, Thompson and Samuels/Erden. I mean, the second unit is almost as good as the first and clearly better in some spots (Gee>Casspi, Thompson>Jamison at everything but scoring and Sessions is a very good backup 1).

They've been able to wear teams out so far this year and I don't see that diminishing, but getting more pronounced as the season gets more and more grueling.

Now, if they trade Jamison and/or Gibson, Varejao, Parker, etc., things could quickly change.

As it stands right now and with Kyrie's game-by-game improvement, I don't see us having a bottom 3 record. I hope we do, though.

GOBB
01-19-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't think Cleveland will have a bottom 3 record but given its a lottery the same way you wound up with the #1 pick last draft could end up happening again. Not that Cleveland needs that kind of luck in a draft this deep assuming guys don't pull out.

Kingwillball
01-19-2012, 02:42 AM
He is a freshman putting up 14/8 on 50% shooting on a team that doesn't exactly lend itself to one guy dominating games on his own. He is undoubtedly a bit raw offensively when it comes to his jumper, especially from beyond 15 feet. However, he is a workhorse on the offensive glass, extremely athletic, one of the longest legitimate perimeter players to come through in a while (7-foot wingspan) and a tenacious defender.

He has the ability to bring the ball up the floor or play off the ball and attack the boards. He also has a high basketball IQ from everything I've seen/read.

He was pretty much the consensus No. 3 player in this loaded class, behind only Davis and Drummond (ESPN, Rivals, Scout). The guy is a renowned workaholic and very high character.

He is the kind of guy that doesn't need to have the ball in his hands constantly to have a big impact offensively and there isn't a doubt in my mind that he will eventually become a good shooter with the way he works on his game and having a professional shooting coach teaching him the correct form and mechanics. Defense is really probably his defining trait at this stage in the game.

With Kyrie doing most of the ball-handling and playmaking duties, he seems to me to be an ideal running partner.

I could see him being a player in the mold of a Scottie Pippen if everything were to work out perfectly and he maximized his potential. Yeah, I like him a lot.

The fact they were HS teammates that seems a logical conclusion since they already played a couple years with each other..

Whoah10115
01-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Cleveland should trade Jamison for anything. Trade him for a 3rd pick, whatever. I'm sure that, by the tradeline, some contending team is gonna want a scoring tweener off the bench.

PleezeBelieve
01-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Forthe Cavs, they need the following, in order:

1a. Perry Jones III
1b. Michael Kidd Gilchrist
3. Andre Drummond
4. Jeremy Lamb
5. Harrison Barnes

This is how their top 5 Big Board should look. Perry is the most skilled guy in the draft, period. He fits perfectly with Kyrie Irving. He is a low post threat who runs the floor and has range comfortably out to 20 feet. Cavs could run P&R all day with those two. And I mean ALL DAY. F*ck the p*ssies who cry about his assertiveness. Skills > "Motor". You all kill me with that sh*t. It happens every draft and that's why the LaMarcus Aldridge and Rudy Gay's of the world get passed over every draft only to make three or four teams look stupid ass hell for not doing their homework.

The draft overall is strong. As normal, a great majority of the masses are overestimating the talents of the most hyped prospects (Davis, Drummond). MKG will be a baller and is the person I want after PJIII.

PleezeBelieve
01-19-2012, 03:41 AM
And Qwyjibo, go back in your igloo or whatever kind of housing they have in Canada and let me do this. I was the one touting Jonas Valancuinas when you were on Derrick Williams Johnson (get it?), now 9 months later you hyping Valancuinas, huh?

Whatever. For the Raps, Davis actually fits what you all need. MKG as well. Those two should be at the top of your board.

JerrySteakhouse
01-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Drummond = #1 pick, I know he says he won't declare but hes gonna pull a TT.

PleezeBelieve
01-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Drummond = #1 pick, I know he says he won't declare but hes gonna pull a TT.
He has more bust potential than anyone in the draft. Unless he goes to a place with a great PG. I think he's going to get a GM fired.

JerrySteakhouse
01-19-2012, 03:47 AM
He has more bust potential than anyone in the draft. I think he's going to get a GM fired.
I dunno, I think hes legit. I mean you can't get worse than Kwame.

abuC
01-19-2012, 03:52 AM
He has more bust potential than anyone in the draft. Unless he goes to a place with a great PG. I think he's going to get a GM fired.

Why is that?

Rowe
01-19-2012, 03:58 AM
No. A "Bust" is someone who comes into the league and clearly doesn't have what it takes to make it. You can recognize that early on for some players.

He just turned 18 years old bruh.

Drummond can immediately make an impact at PF in the NBA, hes more comfortable playing PF rather than banging down low as a C. Hes at his best when he can face up and take shots or finish strong at the rim. At his size they're going to move him to Center in hopes he develops the instincts needed to be a dominant C.

If you look at the 2 best C's:

It took Dwight 4 years to come into his own as a #1 option.
It took Bynum 7 years to come into his own as an impact performer each night.

We're not going to know how good Drummond will be until hes 23-25 years old, so the whole "Bust" talk really wont matter. We'll know who the biggest Busts are in the 2012 NBA Draft by the time Drummond finishes developing his skills.

PleezeBelieve
01-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Why is that?
1. He's a finesse big who isn't greatly skilled
2. Struggles to gain low post position
3. Plays with below average awareness and basketball IQ
4. Can't shoot free throws
5. Doesn't display consistent basketball fundamentals

Need more? He essentially plays like he's content being the biggest guy on the court. That will get you by in high school and college, not the pros.

Whoah10115
01-19-2012, 04:01 AM
And Qwyjibo, go back in your igloo or whatever kind of housing they have in Canada and let me do this. I was the one touting Jonas Valancuinas when you were on Derrick Williams Johnson (get it?), now 9 months later you hyping Valancuinas, huh?

Whatever. For the Raps, Davis actually fits what you all need. MKG as well. Those two should be at the top of your board.

You're talking about over-hyping top prospects and ripping on people for changing their minds, when you ripped Kyrie Irving and now slurp him? Shouldn't you just not be talking?

Yep.

PleezeBelieve
01-19-2012, 04:04 AM
No. A "Bust" is someone who comes into the league and clearly doesn't have what it takes to make it. You can recognize that early on for some players.

He just turned 18 years old bruh.

Drummond can immediately make an impact at PF in the NBA, hes more comfortable playing PF rather than banging down low as a C. Hes at his best when he can face up and take shots or finish strong at the rim. At his size they're going to move him to Center in hopes he develops the instincts needed to be a dominant C.

If you look at the 2 best C's:

It took Dwight 4 years to come into his own as a #1 option.
It took Bynum 7 years to come into his own as an impact performer each night.

We're not going to know how good Drummond will be until hes 23-25 years old, so the whole "Bust" talk really wont matter. We'll know who the biggest Busts are in the 2012 NBA Draft by the time Drummond finishes developing his skills.
Dwight still isn't a #1 option, BRUH. But he is, and always has been, a great rebounder and defensive presence in the paint.

Can't say the same for Drummond.

Whoah10115
01-19-2012, 04:06 AM
Tristeza.

Rowe
01-19-2012, 04:09 AM
I dunno, I think hes legit. I mean you can't get worse than Kwame.
Kwame was an overnight sensation before he became the #1 pick.

Same with Darko.

These guys popped up within 5 month-9 months before the NBA Draft as being considered "Elite" prospects. NBA GM's did not do their due diligence in terms of scouting either player extensively before they entered their respective drafts. They saw a 5-9 month period of "potential" and gambled on it.

Drummond has been scouted/covered since he was maybe 14 years old. His family put him in prep school immediately to shield him from any sort of outside influences so he could develop his game. Im certain NBA GM's have done their homework on Drummond far more than they did on the likes of Kwame or Darko.

Its been firmly understood he would be the #1 pick whenever he came out based on the talent he showcases, and his freakish physical ability for a now 6'11 man. Thats one of the reasons I made a thread a few months ago comparing him to a young Shaq in that aspect. Drummond's a physical freak of nature. Just hope he stays healthy.

If he hadn't been so sheltered from the media/public as a prospect, there would be far more stories to tell about his athletic ability.

Rowe
01-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Dwight still isn't a #1 option, BRUH. But he is, and always has been, a great rebounder and defensive presence in the paint.

Can't say the same for Drummond.

Stop.

PleezeBelieve
01-19-2012, 04:10 AM
You're talking about over-hyping top prospects and ripping on people for changing their minds, when you ripped Kyrie Irving and now slurp him? Shouldn't you just not be talking?

Yep.
You think you know something about me yet I actually know nothing about you.

See the difference?

In the meanwhile, I remain a GAWD of my time who consistently supplies razor sharp scouting analysis. F*ck who you are. Additionally, you have a join date of Dec 2011. I should make you bow to my bunions, sucka.

abuC
01-19-2012, 04:17 AM

Need more? He essentially plays like he's content being the biggest guy on the court. That will get you by in high school and college, not the pros.

All of these things are fixable though, and he has shown offensive skill, the biggest problem is that his "PG" is 2nd in shot attempts per game on his team. The Uconn backcourt doesn't really try to get him the ball unless their own shot isn't available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2l_Qwmf5Qk

Look at all the different ways he scored, jump hook, turn around, jumpshots etc.

Rowe
01-19-2012, 04:17 AM
How many big men are at his age?

If we're talking "low post skills" then definetly hes at a disadvantage like most big men are today.

But if you're talking about his ability to handle the ball, his touch around the basket, and timing on his blocks then you're wrong.

True. He prefers to play like a Forward.

Once again, how many big men are at his age?
Hes a freshman. Point Blank.

Everything hes doing is typically normal from most freshmen players, espescially the big men.

They have their moments of greatness and moments where they look like teenagers who aren't fully aware of whats going on.

That can be improved upon.

Thats essentially 3 worded differently.

Its firmly understood he has a lot to work on and improve on when he gets to the NBA. Thats why I said his timetable could be anywhere from 4-7 years before we really see him at his best.

You cant expect him to be the total package at C in the NBA at such a young age. Any team who drafts him will have to cultivate him to be a C or let him go free and do as he pleases at PF where he feels more comfortable.

Qwyjibo
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
I was the one touting Jonas Valancuinas when you were on Derrick Williams Johnson (get it?), now 9 months later you hyping Valancuinas, huh?
Cool. Thanks for confirming you don't read ANYONE'S posts and just bask in your own psychotic narcissism. I many times said I wouldn't want Derrick Williams on the Raptors (if they got lucky in the lottery) before last year's draft.

Opinion disregarded.

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Forthe Cavs, they need the following, in order:

1a. Perry Jones III
1b. Michael Kidd Gilchrist
3. Andre Drummond
4. Jeremy Lamb
5. Harrison Barnes

This is how their top 5 Big Board should look. Perry is the most skilled guy in the draft, period. He fits perfectly with Kyrie Irving. He is a low post threat who runs the floor and has range comfortably out to 20 feet. Cavs could run P&R all day with those two. And I mean ALL DAY. F*ck the p*ssies who cry about his assertiveness. Skills > "Motor". You all kill me with that sh*t. It happens every draft and that's why the LaMarcus Aldridge and Rudy Gay's of the world get passed over every draft only to make three or four teams look stupid ass hell for not doing their homework.

The draft overall is strong. As normal, a great majority of the masses are overestimating the talents of the most hyped prospects (Davis, Drummond). MKG will be a baller and is the person I want after PJIII.
'Motor' really has nothing to do with it. I don't think assertiveness and 'motor' are the same thing at all. I don't doubt that Jones will try hard and that he is a guy that genuinely wants to reach his potential. However, you are either born with that assertiveness gene or you aren't.

Guys like Marvin Williams can have all of the skill and talent in the world, but they will never be truly great players because they aren't comfortable in that role. That is what I fear with Perry Jones.

I'm not saying I want nothing to do with him. He is talented enough and has the kind of frame that makes you think he could be a special player on the next level and maybe he will be... But, the thing I worry about most (assertiveness) is what the other guy at the top of your board has in spades.

MKG is an alpha. No doubt.

I fear Jones might have a little omega in his blood.

Lebron23
01-24-2012, 08:09 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Eric Cartman
01-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist <--------------- that's the guy i want @ #1

Kblaze8855
01-24-2012, 08:23 PM
That is something that all small markets should be aware of when making these kinds of franchise-altering selections.

No young star im aware of has passed up his first chance at a big payday so anyone you draft who becomes a star is gonna be yours for at least 7 or 8 years. No GM is gonna draft based on his picks possible desire 8 years in the future. GMs have to prove themselves in much shorter timeframes than that. Not about to let the next star go to some other team because in 8 years he might leave. Gms thinking like that get fired long before that 8 years is up. Even an owner like Gilbert I cant see signing off on such a thing.

If the next Blake comes along but hes born and raised in LA and talks about dreaming of being a laker or if not a laker...a Knick...the Cavs would still draft him. And be right to do so.

7-8 years is a long time to build your team. Most stars arent anywhere for that long anyway.

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2012, 08:31 PM
No young star im aware of has passed up his first chance at a big payday so anyone you draft who becomes a star is gonna be yours for at least 7 or 8 years. No GM is gonna draft based on his picks possible desire 8 years in the future. GMs have to prove themselves in much shorter timeframes than that. Not about to let the next star go to some other team because in 8 years he might leave. Gms thinking like that get fired long before that 8 years is up. Even an owner like Gilbert I cant see signing off on such a thing.

If the next Blake comes along but hes born and raised in LA and talks about dreaming of being a laker or if not a laker...a Knick...the Cavs would still draft him. And be right to do so.

7-8 years is a long time to build your team. Most stars arent anywhere for that long anyway.
Deron Williams was in New Jersey for 5 1/2 seasons, not 7-8 seasons. Paul was in NO for 6 seasons.

If the next "Blake" comes along and talks about wanting to play for the Lakers or Knicks, I would hope that the Cavs wouldn't draft him. You have big-time players forcing their way to the franchises of their choosing these days.

It should absolutely be taken into account by small market teams.

abuC
01-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Deron Williams was in New Jersey for 5 1/2 seasons, not 7-8 seasons. Paul was in NO for 6 seasons.

If the next "Blake" comes along and talks about wanting to play for the Lakers or Knicks, I would hope that the Cavs wouldn't draft him. You have big-time players forcing their way to the franchises of their choosing these days.

Kevin Durant constantly talks about his love for the DMV area, if you used that rationale you'd pass up on him.

The key theme with Cp3, Melo, Deron, LeBron, Dwight and Bosh is that management failed to get a secondary star next to them while the Thunder have complimented Durant with Westbrook.

You can't be afraid to draft someone because they crave the bright lights, get great players around them and it won't matter.

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Kevin Durant constantly talks about his love for the DMV area, if you used that rationale you'd pass up on him.

The key theme with Cp3, Melo, Deron, LeBron, Dwight and Bosh is that management failed to get a secondary star next to them while the Thunder have complimented Durant with Westbrook.

You can't be afraid to draft someone because they crave the bright lights, get great players around them and it won't matter.
I don't want to get into it, but James never had any intention of staying here and it is abundantly clear in retrospect. Durant is a different thing, because he is a very high character guy and a grounded individual. Like I said in my initial post, that has to be weighed heavily by small markets.

Loving your hometown and plainly stating you'd love to play for a couple of franchises other than the one who may draft you are completely different things.

Tristan Thompson was selected at No. 4 partly because of his high character. And I'm all for it.

abuC
01-24-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't want to get into it, but James never had any intention of staying here and it is abundantly clear in retrospect. Durant is a different thing, because he is a very high character guy and a grounded individual. Like I said in my initial post, that has to be weighed heavily by small markets.

Loving your hometown and plainly stating you'd love to play for a couple of franchises other than the one who may draft you are completely different things.

Tristan Thompson was selected at No. 4 partly because of his high character. And I'm all for it.

I don't agree, I think had the Cavs been able to pair LeBron up with someone while he was still in his first 3 years he would have stayed because the odds of winning a title would be much higher. I think Paxson really ruined any chance of LeBron staying early on, losing Boozer, trading a first round pick for Jiri Welsch :roll: and taking Luke Jackson over Al Jefferson/Josh Smith. It was just terrible move one after the other and set the franchise back 3-4 years.

But, Durant loves the DMV area and has a huge Maryland tattoo, he could bolt for the Wiz in a few years if the Thunder bottom out, right? Like I said man, the common theme between all the teams losing their stars is that none of them had secondary star players.

RedBlackAttack
01-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't agree, I think had the Cavs been able to pair LeBron up with someone while he was still in his first 3 years he would have stayed because the odds of winning a title would be much higher. I think Paxson really ruined any chance of LeBron staying early on, losing Boozer, trading a first round pick for Jiri Welsch :roll: and taking Luke Jackson over Al Jefferson/Josh Smith. It was just terrible move one after the other and set the franchise back 3-4 years.

But, Durant loves the DMV area and has a huge Maryland tattoo, he could bolt for the Wiz in a few years if the Thunder bottom out, right? Like I said man, the common theme between all the teams losing their stars is that none of them had secondary star players.
The whole Jiri Welsch thing is overstated. The pick that was traded was a first rounder in '07 and that turned out to be a very late pick that ended up no better than Welsch. I'm sure we could have gotten LeBron's No. 2 man with that pick.
]
And, unfortunately, you don't have 20/20 vision when actually picking in the draft that you do in looking back years later. A lot of teams took inferior players over Smith and Jefferson. Also, as if either of those two guys would be the difference between James staying or leaving?

Nah. He was always going to leave. It is obvious in retrospect, which is why he pleaded with the organization to trade away any assets that it might have to build a foundation to 'win now' with vets that have bloated contracts.

Durant and James couldn't be further apart in their approach to the franchises that drafted them. Durant dealt with the losing for several years at the start of his career. James was already threatening to leave by the time his first player option came along.

The Thunder picked in the Top 5... What? 3-4 years in a row? The Cavs were never even close to that bad in the James years.

Rowe
01-24-2012, 09:18 PM
The whole Jiri Welsch thing is overstated. The pick that was traded was a first rounder in '07 and that turned out to be a very late pick that ended up no better than Welsch. I'm sure we could have gotten LeBron's No. 2 man with that pick.
]
And, unfortunately, you don't have 20/20 vision when actually picking in the draft that you do in looking back years later. A lot of teams took inferior players over Smith and Jefferson. Also, as if either of those two guys would be the difference between James staying or leaving?

Nah. He was always going to leave. It is obvious in retrospect, which is why he pleaded with the organization to trade away any assets that it might have to build a foundation to 'win now' with vets that have bloated contracts.

Durant and James couldn't be further apart in their approach to the franchises that drafted them. Durant dealt with the losing for several years at the start of his career. James was already threatening to leave by the time his first player option came along.

The Thunder picked in the Top 5... What? 3-4 years in a row? The Cavs were never even close to that bad in the James years.

So now Cavs fans have begun believing that LeBron purposely wanted to screw over the Cavs.

:oldlol:

Kblaze8855
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM

Deron has been under his rookie or second Jazz contract since summer 05. Its 2012. He couldnt leave for 7 years+. They decided to get rid of him assuming he wouldnt sign back. But fact is they had the ability to keep him for 7 years. This would be pauls 7th season in NO but he wasnt gonna sign after that so they did the smart thing and let him go early. Melo was in Denver all but 27 games of 8 years. Dwight has been on the Magic for 8 years. Amare was a Sun for 8 years. Lebron a Cav for 7. Bosh a raptor for 7.

These are not pitstops. Teams are built torn down and rebuilt....and torn down again...in less than 7-8 years.

If the Cavs can sign the next Blake they arent gonna take the next Al harrington because he seems less needy of the bright lights. They arent gonna be thinking "Well...in 2020 this might be a problem". They are thinking of the national tv coverage coming back,. the jersey sales, and someone to help make up that 100 million a year hole Lebron left in the city.

If you are gonna pass up all time greats because you are afraid what might happen in 6-8 years you might as well fold the franchise. You can never tell. Reggie Miller is a lifetime Laker fan from LA who played damn near 20 years in Indiana....and for all the talk of what is different now...I still see Dirks, and Duncans, and Durants(I suspect he stays) and Roses and plenty of others I suspect will have long careers where they are.

If you go in passing up talent because of a potential problem nearly a decade from now...that you can likely prevent if you manage the team well enough...you are just giving up. Cleveland gets mocked jokingly and all....but cmon. You cant be so afraid of the impression your town makes as to pass up a Blake like talent out of fear he will be miserable.

Kblaze8855
01-24-2012, 10:09 PM
And ive always hated the idea that choosing not to sign to a team you dont want to play for anymore is a character issue. IT tells nothing of what you are as a person. Karl Malone plays in Utah for 19 years....and has sex with 11 year old girls and has to be taken to court over not wanting to pay 125 dollars in child support. Chris Paul has....worse character?

LBJMVP
01-24-2012, 11:27 PM

toronto agreed to a trade for bosh in the 2010 offseason. we just had to wait on lebron to say he would stay, he refused to answer the question so we didnt do the trade.

also in the 2008-2009 offseasons we could have signed a couple good players. all of them asked lebron if he was gonna stay and once again he refused to answer.

it was partly his fault we could get any good free agents.

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2012, 12:09 AM
And ive always hated the idea that choosing not to sign to a team you dont want to play for anymore is a character issue. IT tells nothing of what you are as a person. Karl Malone plays in Utah for 19 years....and has sex with 11 year old girls and has to be taken to court over not wanting to pay 125 dollars in child support. Chris Paul has....worse character?

I'm not saying that a guy leaving the franchise who drafted him is a character issue. I'm saying that teams should at least attempt to evaluate whether or not a player wants to play for a franchise and if they are of high character. One doesn't necessarily go along with the other.

I never equated the two.

Kblaze8855
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Lets say next year an unknown player by the name of Adonis McMasco starts owning college basketball. I mean this guy comes in playing the 4 and drops 27/14 leading his "Thats a D1 team? For real?" level team to the sweet sixteen before winning the next 3 national titles. Last 3 years he puts up 32/15, 32/16, and 34/12 sweeping all the awards each year. The title game of his senior year is a 51/29/8 block/8 assist/4 steal game where me makes the title winning 3 over not one but two of Shawn Kemps basketball playing kids.

Hes projected to be the exact midpoint between Hakeem and Tmac in his prime.

Cavs have the #1 pick. Brooklyn Nets have the #2 pick.

Kid is from Brooklyn and openly admits he would love to play for his hometown team and says little to nothing about Cleveland.

Night before the draft hes asked if he will go to the Cavs if picked. He says "I'll go anywhere. Free agency still exists right? But all that is down the line. Im just trying to be the best player I can be and not let everyone down. All the rest I can leave to my agent for now".

Do you want to pick him? Trade the pick just in case he will be a problem in....4 to 8 yearS?

Just trying to get a feel for how big an issue this is for you.

Whoah10115
01-25-2012, 01:37 AM
So now Cavs fans have begun believing that LeBron purposely wanted to screw over the Cavs.

That's clearly not what he said. He said that Lebron didn't give a shit about the long-term because he was only in for the short-term and subsequently pushed the front office to make a bunch of middle of the road moves and accommodate his own personal considerations.

IGOTGAME
01-25-2012, 01:39 AM
And ive always hated the idea that choosing not to sign to a team you dont want to play for anymore is a character issue.

great point. it really bothers me when people take up this line of reasoning.

Sarcastic
01-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist <--------------- that's the guy i want @ #1

Gilchrist has no chance to be #1 :roll:

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2012, 01:45 AM
great point. it really bothers me when people take up this line of reasoning.
Even when that wasn't the line of reasoning being used? :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
01-25-2012, 01:45 AM
Gilchrist has no chance to be #1 :roll:
Good. I want him a little further down.

Sarcastic
01-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Good. I want him a little further down.

Like around 8 or 9?

IGOTGAME
01-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Even when that wasn't the line of reasoning being used? :oldlol:

In general, that line of reasoning bothers me. My post wasn't accusing you...:confusedshrug::cheers:

GOBB
01-25-2012, 01:52 AM
How can you tell who is the high character kid between Anthony Davis and MGK? :confusedshrug:

Rowe
01-25-2012, 02:06 AM
How can you tell who is the high character kid between Anthony Davis and MGK? :confusedshrug:
Have you ever heard MGK speak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GksjzD7-oUQ

Man its gonna get ugly on Draft Day.

The boy aint 100% there in the head.

KG215
01-25-2012, 02:09 AM

I've been saying all season long in the College Hoops forum that MKG might be my favorite prospect this year. Yes, Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond have higher ceilings but I LOVE Gilchrist's game. I see him with Scottie Pippen type ability. I'm not saying he's the next Scottie Pippen or anything, but I think he's from the same ilk. I don't think he'll ever be a 20-25 ppg scorer in the league but he can be a solid 16-18/8/3/2/1 second option on a contender. He's a long and rangy SF/SG type that can defend multiple positions, can already get to the rim off the bounce, and has a high motor. Needs to become more consistent with his jumper but he just oozes so much potential IMO. Also, what's really opened my eyes to him is that he's come up big in some of Kentucky's biggest games this year.

vs. Kansas: 12 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast, 3 blk, 1 stl, 4/9 FG, 1/3 3P, 3/5 FT
vs. UNC: 17 pts, 11 reb, 1 blk, 1 stl, 6/10 FG, 0/1 3P, 5/7 FT
at Indiana: 18 pts, 9 reb, 2 stl, 1 blk, 9/12 FG
vs. Louisville: 24 pts, 19 reb, 7/16 FG, 2/4 3P, 8/13 FT
at Tennessee: 17 pts, 12 reb, 3 stl, 1 blk, 4/11 FG, 1/1 3P, 8/12 FT

That Louisville line is very impressive. Their game against UNC featured about 12-14 future NBA players and, on that day, Kidd-Gilchrist was the best player on the floor. He attacks the offensive glass relentlessly for a 6'7" SF, too, which I love.

Not saying I would take him over Drummond or Davis, but if I had the 3rd or 4th pick I'd have a very hard time passing him up. I even like how his game translates to the NBA (right now) slightly better than Harrison Barnes' game. As far as SF's go they're 1a and 1b in my mind, but I like MKG's NBA prospects a little more, and this is coming from a huge UNC fan.

GOBB
02-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I bet your dumbass is not watching Anthony Davis right now. Thread fail and future bump when Davis owns and you pretend you always liked him. :rolleyes:

chips93
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I bet your dumbass is not watching Anthony Davis right now. Thread fail and future bump when Davis owns and you pretend you always liked him. :rolleyes:

PB cant lose credibility, since he never had any

b1imtf
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
PB cant lose credibility, since he never had any
Wow, harsh :roll:

Fiasco
02-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Have you ever heard MGK speak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GksjzD7-oUQ

Man its gonna get ugly on Draft Day.

The boy aint 100% there in the head.

Just looks like a guy who couldn't care less about the reporters. Never makes eye contact with the person holding the mic.

GOBB
02-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Just looks like a guy who couldn't care less about the reporters. Never makes eye contact with the person holding the mic.

I dont think its that. He's just not comfortable with speaking in public. You can see in other interviews he often stutters and is nervous even when he attempts to hide it. I bet he dropped classes after the syllabus said "oral presentations" to avoid them. :oldlol:

He's killing Florida by the way. :bowdown:

Fiasco
02-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I dont think its that. He's just not comfortable with speaking in public. You can see in other interviews he often stutters and is nervous even when he attempts to hide it. I bet he dropped classes after the syllabus said "oral presentations" to avoid them. :oldlol:

He's killing Florida by the way. :bowdown:

MKG

Michael (another name for Jesus). Kidd (we'll assume that extra 'd' is a typo). Gilchrist (gil = "promise", Christ = "the anointed one").

What we're looking at is the Messiah of Basketball.

Jesus, Child of the Promised and Anointed One.

We are not worthy. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GOBB
02-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Anthony Davis puts ball on the floor dribbles to FT line and drains a jumper. Then saves a pass going out of bounds, kept balance and passed to a wide open Lamb for 3. We're not worthy, we're not worthy. :bowdown:

GOBB
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM
MKG

Michael (another name for Jesus). Kidd (we'll assume that extra 'd' is a typo). Gilchrist (gil = "promise", Christ = "the anointed one").

What we're looking at is the Messiah of Basketball.

Jesus, Child of the Promised and Anointed One.

We are not worthy. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

thats hilarious :roll: repped

GOBB
02-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Davis with a MONSTER game today. Where o where was PB? :roll:

tontoz
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Anthony Davis

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/320x291px-LL-5624e094_Cat-slips-fails-jump.gif

GOBB
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Bump and its so damn worthy as Davis dropped 23pts 11rbs 5blks 2ast 2stl in his return from injury.

He avg in 3gms 17ppg 8rpb 2.7bpg. Idiot. But you wont address this thread huh? :oldlol:

irondarts
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Another gem from ISH's resident NBA talent evaluator - pleezebelieve

ripthekik
11-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Bump and its so damn worthy as Davis dropped 23pts 11rbs 5blks 2ast 2stl in his return from injury.

He avg in 3gms 17ppg 8rpb 2.7bpg. Idiot. But you wont address this thread huh? :oldlol:

not sure you should be the one bumping threads and asking someone to address their thread..

http://i.qkme.me/3rporf.jpg

no pun intended
07-22-2014, 05:45 PM
:facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
07-22-2014, 05:46 PM

Ca$H
07-22-2014, 06:02 PM
LOL. This means Wiggins will be the GOAT.

KnicksWolves
07-22-2014, 06:21 PM
What a bump, lol

Carbine
07-22-2014, 06:22 PM
LOL

no pun intended
07-22-2014, 06:25 PM
MKG will be the best player of the draft. If he goes to Charlotte (as projected), it would bring a tear to my eye.
How are you now?

PleezeBelieve
07-22-2014, 06:25 PM
What about the 7500+ views tho :applause:

PleezeBelieve
07-22-2014, 06:26 PM
LOL
You got 1300 more posts than me. You're a loser. Go outside.

ralph_i_el
07-22-2014, 06:29 PM

you probably have 2000 more stupid posts than him though so it balances out:confusedshrug:

PleezeBelieve
07-22-2014, 06:31 PM
you probably have 2000 more stupid posts than him though so it balances out:confusedshrug:
Who are you? State your name and affiliation

ralph_i_el
07-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Who are you? State your name and affiliation
I've been posting for years man this is my only account. Wizards fan obviously.

JUDGE WITNESS
07-22-2014, 06:37 PM
damn wiggins gonna be an absolute monster

GOBB
07-22-2014, 06:38 PM

So you ignore how good Anthony Davis is right now? :roll:

I know it stings. What are your thoughts, wait I almost made a mistake actually asking you that. Meanwhile Davis is a beast and you're still a tool

LoneyROY7
07-22-2014, 06:38 PM

OP stays losing. Great news for Wiggins.

Meticode
07-22-2014, 06:40 PM
It's semi-psychotic to waste so much time on this forum posting so much, especially in my case. It's definitely psychotic and a waste of time to reply to anything PleezeBelieve posts. He posts these things to garner attention, and people legit reply back to him further promoting it.

http://howdoibaseball.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/jim-head-shake.gif

MVBallin2K
07-22-2014, 06:59 PM
It's semi-psychotic to waste so much time on this forum posting so much, especially in my case. It's definitely psychotic and a waste of time to reply to anything PleezeBelieve posts. He posts these things to garner attention, and people legit reply back to him further promoting it.

http://howdoibaseball.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/jim-head-shake.gif

Uhhh, you could say that half of ISH these days does it. Every day there are troll threads made and without fail either other trolls respond or people argue.

It's not stopping because someone will reply to their own thread with 50 alts to make it look like the post means something.

Nash
07-22-2014, 07:02 PM
lets dig up OP's failed predictions about Irving failing and Waiters being the new D.Wade.

PleezeBelieve
07-22-2014, 07:18 PM
500+ views in 1 hour

What I say matters... A LOT

ralph_i_el
07-22-2014, 07:24 PM
500+ views in 1 hour

What I say matters... A LOT

yes:facepalm matters like a clown matters. Lots of people watch clowns....few ask them for advice.