PDA

View Full Version : Stern denied revised deal

ashlar
12-11-2011, 02:49 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_lakers_out_of_paul_trade_talks_121011

I'm speechless

Heavincent
12-11-2011, 02:50 AM
For basketball reasons I assume?

D-Rose
12-11-2011, 02:51 AM
There will be hell for Stern if he approves a trade anywhere now.

BGriffin's Dad
12-11-2011, 02:51 AM
New Orleans Hornets = train wreck

Sell that team to an owner who'll actually manage it well

DuMa
12-11-2011, 02:52 AM
by the way, my source said this would happen 24 hours ago

Mr. I'm So Rad
Stern conspiring against the Lakers :oldlol:

Prepare for the shit storm.

ashlar

My source says you're an idiot.

bagelred

And your source is?

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-11-2011, 02:53 AM
And your source is?

His ass.

soadrules
12-11-2011, 02:56 AM
DuMA is making fun of Crossover, guys.

Killbot
12-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Damn. Some people can't take a joke around here. Way too many sensitive people.

HurricaneKid
12-11-2011, 02:58 AM
This was pretty obvious no? The deal went to the league and all of a sudden the Lakers were giving away Odom.

Batz
12-11-2011, 02:59 AM
It should be mentioned that a third deal was also in the process, however Lakers pulled out and began on the pursuit of Dwight Howard.

PyrrhusX
12-11-2011, 02:59 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Where did that guy go lol.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:01 AM
Seems to be a real lack of Crossover sightings since the deal fell through.

talkingconch
12-11-2011, 03:01 AM
How is duma making fun of crossover?

Everything the guy said was reported properly. He's not a mind reader, things happen and the lakers had to drop the deal. Simple to understand :confusedshrug:

in fact you should be thanking him that most of the info provided in the past week was good

alanLA92
12-11-2011, 03:02 AM
The Hornets are f***ed. If Stern accepts another deal, he might as well resign as well.

soadrules
12-11-2011, 03:03 AM

Everything the guy said was reported properly. He's not a mind reader, things happen and the lakers had to drop the deal. Simple to understand :confusedshrug:

in fact you should be thanking him that most of the info provided in the past week was good

I'm not giving my stance on any of it. I saw them going at it in another thread and I'm fairly sure his comment was a dig at Crossover and his use of 'sources.' That's all I was saying?

Kingwillball
12-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Laker fans are in Shock and Denial now knowing they may not get CP3 OR Howard and also lost Odom.. :roll:

The Choken One
12-11-2011, 03:05 AM

People don't understand that. The IQ of some people on this website is mind blowing.

No reporter/inside source can ever be 100% in what they say, it's all speculation.

Just take "The Decision" for example...god, I heard he was going to like 3 or 4 different teams "guaranteed".

As well as being idiotic, most are pretty immature, also.

Kblaze8855
As a rival league executive told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday night about the possibility of getting involved in the derby for Paul now: “My initial reaction is, ‘Who wants to go through that headache with the NBA playing God?’ You want to do a deal. New Orleans’ front office wants to do a deal. And the third party – the NBA – says you can do it? Should I call Stern and see if they’re going to waive Patrick Ewing Jr., since he’s only partially guaranteed? ”

That shit is a joke. A total joke. They let them keep basketball people in place...tell them they have power to make the calls...and veto their deals anyway. now other GMs dont even wanna get involved with them.

Stern is gonna have the Hornets giving 19 shots a game to Ariza in 12/13 hoping for a 10 win season with 5500 people at the games.

AMISTILLILL

All he did was speculate on already reported information from legitimate sources/Twitters. Not exactly Nostradamus. I know it makes a lot of you Laker fans feel special to think you've got a 'guy on the inside' but he's clearly a try hard poser.

Batz
12-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Laker fans are in Shock and Denial now knowing they may not get CP3 OR Howard and also lost Odom.. :roll:
It's a gamble. But it could be worth it. Trading Odom for TE ensures Dallas out of the race for Howard. With acquiring picks aswell, they are frontrunners for Howard.

Bynum, TE, 3 1st round picks, some 2nd round picks for Howard and Hedo.

And I've heard Lakers can also acquire and take Nelson's contract off of Orlando with some fillers. I haven't matched the salaries but it seems likely. Lakers are all in. So should the fans. I am.

Kurosawa0

They'd use the exception and get someone back, but you're right. If the Lakers don't get Dwight Howard this will have been a complete and utter disaster.

Wonder Bread Kid

Oh my god. Crossover was a troll, scamming every single gullible person on the forum who believed his bs.

His source was twitter and the ability to think out and spin it in a way that convinced you it was coming from a "source",

crosso√er
12-11-2011, 03:07 AM

Actually I said the revised deal was rejected 6 hours ago, I guess ESPN is slow as ****.
I believe I either PM'ed some poster about that or reported it already in the thread.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Actually I said the revised deal was rejected 6 hours ago, I guess ESPN is slow as ****.

God, you are so full of shit.

Sarcastic
12-11-2011, 03:08 AM
The Hornets are f***ed. If Stern accepts another deal, he might as well resign as well.

They will be fine. Young players and picks is what they should be after and will still get.

Only one fcked is Paul who can't pick his next team.

SpecialQue
12-11-2011, 03:09 AM
They will be fine. Young players and picks is what they should be after and will still get.

Only one fcked is Paul who can't pick his next team.

Not this season at least.

alanLA92
12-11-2011, 03:11 AM
I believe I either PM'ed some poster about that or reported it already in the thread.

When? We were discussing the trade talks for hours and I didn't read a post from you. Also, why PM when a thread is just as good. :lol

crosso√er
12-11-2011, 03:13 AM
God, you are so full of shit.

Am I?
Someone asked me to clarify for them what I meant by my source regarding a "resubmitted" trade, I said Stern already rejected the 2nd proposal and they're renegotiating (tweaking it).

I actually said that on this very forum about 6 hours ago... :oldlol:
I'll try to find you the exact thing I said, don't remember which thread it was in.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Am I?
Someone asked me to clarify for them what I meant by my source regarding a "resubmitted" trade, I said Stern already rejected the 2nd proposal and they're renegotiating (tweaking it).

I'll try to find you the exact thing I said, don't remember which thread it was in.

We're waiting.

The Choken One
12-11-2011, 03:15 AM
We're waiting.
1 minute later?

Strong troll with one.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:17 AM
1 minute later?

Strong troll with one.

...if you can't figure out that I meant "we're waiting for you to post it" not "we're waiting, god, it's been a minute... this is taking forever" I don't really know what to tell you.

But, you're in the red so it seems you're used to those kinds of displays of sound logic and observational skills.

GatorKid117
12-11-2011, 03:18 AM
johnhollinger John Hollinger
Any exception created by dealing Odom isn't big enough to take in Turkoglu. I'm not seeing LA's endgame here, nor why Dallas would help.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Doctor Rivers
12-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Any exception created by dealing Odom isn't big enough to take in Turkoglu. I'm not seeing LA's endgame here, nor why Dallas would help.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Maybe Mitch promised Odom that he would send him elsewhere. It certainly didn't seem like he had no desire to stay in LA after what happened.

Nets fan 93
12-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Whatever you say...:rolleyes:

Wonder Bread Kid
12-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Am I?

So when you don't "find" the public post you'll claim it was then sent through a PM.

How convenient. :oldlol:

Killbot
12-11-2011, 03:28 AM
So when you don't "find" the public post you'll claim it was then sent through a PM.

How convenient. :oldlol:

A user can find his send messages through Control panel > List New Messages. Then there will be a Private Messages in folder box and you can click the down arrow and find 'sent items'. Those will contain all the PMs crossover sent to someone else

So, if what he said is true, he should be able to have proof of it in PM or in a thread.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Keep the negs coming Lakers fans :oldlol:

Wonder Bread Kid
12-11-2011, 03:30 AM
He's full of shit.

DirtySanchez
12-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Knew it...Stern is a stubborn old man who knows he is wrong but will not show weakness. This shit is crazy Paul will be sent to a "safe" team that won't upset the small market owners for less then what the Lakers n Rockets offered.

It's nuts man...freaking nuts never seen this in sports ever.

crosso√er
12-11-2011, 03:35 AM
We're waiting.

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New CP3 deal submitted for approval.
Stern already told the GM's to revise the deal (this afternoon) this information hasn't been leaked out for PR reasons...

Don't know what to think anymore man.

Page 34 - New CP3 deal submitted for approval thread.

Now please **** off already.

I said that at 8:16 pm way before all these "legit" sources even had a clue.

DirtySanchez
12-11-2011, 03:35 AM

Hmmmmmmm.....
My thought are how will Odom play with Dirk? That aint a good fit.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:36 AM
Page 34 - New CP3 deal submitted for approval thread.

Now please **** off already.

...how does this in any way convey inside knowledge? Are you nuts? He DENIED the trade, he didn't tell them to revise it. Nice try though.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:36 AM
Thanks for people who repped me to compensate for Crossover's white knight pals. :cheers:

crosso√er
12-11-2011, 03:38 AM
...how does this in any way convey inside knowledge? Are you nuts? He DENIED the trade, he didn't tell them to revise it. Nice try though.

Lakers backed out of the trade because Stern wanted more, clearly he rejected the initial proposal and hours later LA decided to back out because they couldn't give Stern what he wanted.

My god, I'm dealing with an idiot people.
Keep backpedaling though you shit for brains.

crosso√er
12-11-2011, 03:40 AM
That post I posted at 8:16 obviously had to do with the "resubmission". Stern rejected the 2nd proposal and Mitch was back in talks, several hours later he backed out because Stern wasn't satisfied.

Go read the tread, and you'll understand the context of the discussion. :facepalm

GatorKid117
12-11-2011, 03:42 AM
My thought are how will Odom play with Dirk? That aint a good fit.

Position wise, maybe but I don't see why they couldn't co-exist. LO is still one of the most versatile big men in the game. He can suit his game to fit the Mavs style of play.

While this move doesn't fully make up for Chandler's departure, it sure as hell gives them more options on the FC with Marion, Dirk and Haywood.

Bottom line, if you can get a 6th year of the man candidate for pretty much nothing, you take it.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:43 AM
That post I posted at 8:16 obviously had to do with the "resubmission". Stern rejected the 2nd proposal and Mitch was back in talks, several hours later he backed out because Stern wasn't satisfied.

Go read the tread, and you'll understand the context of the discussion. :facepalm

I get the context of the discussion, moron. Nobody buys your shit except other delusional Lakers fans who WANT to buy into it.

LBJMVP
12-11-2011, 03:45 AM
this is the post by crossove at around 8:00 exactly were he said it would be in the new chris paul deal thread

Stern already told the GM's to revise the deal (this afternoon) this information hasn't been leaked out for PR reasons...

Don't know what to think anymore man.

he has said exactly was has happened the past couple days, and he has said it hours before espn or twitter has said it. i find no reason not to believe him.

crosso√er
12-11-2011, 03:52 AM
I get the context of the discussion, moron. Nobody buys your shit except other delusional Lakers fans who WANT to buy into it.

You are a pathetic piece of scum, I am officially ignoring you.
I have 10+ posters messaging me, but no buys my shit? :roll:

I don't care if its Laker fans who are "buying" into my information; I've said numerous things before they were released on many occasions.

You're officially the 1st guy on my ignore list.

shadow
12-11-2011, 03:53 AM
sadly I don't see how. The guy is untouchable. I wish the Lakers, Rockets, & NOH all sued his and the NBA's ass but they are obviously not going to do that. CP3 and Union are the only folks who might pursue legal action at this point and imo even that is doubtful.

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 03:54 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/troll%20face/grand/57522875.gif

Allstar24
12-11-2011, 04:27 AM
CP3 please sue this man. Stern should think twice before setting foot in LA for the next few months...or NO or Houston for that matter. What a piece of dogshit.

Nets fan 93
12-11-2011, 04:31 AM
CP3 please sue this man. Stern should think twice before setting foot in LA for the next few months...or NO or Houston for that matter. What a piece of dogshit.
Houston fans will praise him.

Allstar24
12-11-2011, 04:37 AM
^Yes because losing CP3 at the end of the season for nothing is exactly what they wanted. A writer from a New Orleans paper was on ESPN saying that people there wanted this trade to happen because they were getting a lot in return. And Houston REALLY wanted Pau. So you are wrong.

marvo
12-11-2011, 05:05 AM
David Stern prepare your angus homie.

crounsa810
12-11-2011, 05:24 AM
Jesus....just let them make the damn trade you old frog.

Now NO is ****ed b/c no one will want to trade with them, Demps is probably sitting there thinking ".....I don't even know what my job is...??"

Stern needs to gtfo or at least gtfo of the Hornets

MMM
12-11-2011, 05:29 AM
It's a gamble. But it could be worth it. Trading Odom for TE ensures Dallas out of the race for Howard. With acquiring picks aswell, they are frontrunners for Howard.

Bynum, TE, 3 1st round picks, some 2nd round picks for Howard and Hedo.

And I've heard Lakers can also acquire and take Nelson's contract off of Orlando with some fillers. I haven't matched the salaries but it seems likely. Lakers are all in. So should the fans. I am.

You can't combine a Trade exception and a player and even if they separated this trade into two parts it still wouldn't work due to the trade exception not being large enough.

Blue&Orange
12-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I can believe LA and Demps had the nerve and courage to present this second offer... I mean Stern says deal not good enough for the Hornets and what LA and Demps do? Sign two scrubs for no apparent reason and trade them to LA so that LA adds more salary!!

niko
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Oh my god. Crossover was a troll, scamming every single gullible person on the forum who believed his bs.

His source was twitter and the ability to think out and spin it in a way that convinced you it was coming from a "source",
He's only a troll because the news was positive for Lakers. You just can't get over that your spurs are done, can you?

I should make a second fake account and rep spurs just so you can say how much you agree like a total tool.

dreaming121
12-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I can believe LA and Demps had the nerve and courage to present this second offer... I mean Stern says deal not good enough for the Hornets and what LA and Demps do? Sign two scrubs for no apparent reason and trade them to LA so that LA adds more salary!!

I know right. Why didn't they offer Okafor's contract instead ?

Yung D-Will
12-11-2011, 11:17 AM
He only owns the God Damn Hornets am I the only one that understands this concept

Kevin_Gamble
12-11-2011, 11:25 AM
He only owns the God Damn Hornets am I the only one that understands this concept

He doesn't own the god damn Hornets. Do you understand the concept of "commissioner"?

Yung D-Will
12-11-2011, 11:26 AM
He doesn't own the god damn Hornets. Do you understand the concept of "commissioner"?
The Nba owns the team, Which means the other 29 owners in the leauge own the team. The owners report their dissatisfaction with the trade therefore Stern Cancels the trade.

State in anyway you want the concept is still the same.

dreaming121
12-11-2011, 11:27 AM

Of course he does not really own the Hornets.

It is the NBA who owns the hornets (29 Owners with Stern as their representative.)

Kevin_Gamble
12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
The Nba owns the team, Which means the other 29 owners in the leauge own the team. The owners report their dissatisfaction with the trade therefore Stern Cancels the trade.

State in anyway you want the concept is still the same.

The concept is a little different, isn't it? With your own team, you can do any trade you want (as long as it is within the rules). But can you, along with 27 other owners, use the Hornets in order to benefit your own team? That's where the NBA-ownership's control should end.

hawkfan
12-11-2011, 11:32 AM
The Lakers should have thrown in a couple more picks.
But they didn't want to do that because they wanted to use them for Howard.

Yung D-Will
12-11-2011, 11:33 AM
The concept is a little different, isn't it? With your own team, you can do any trade you want (as long as it is within the rules). But can you, along with 27 other owners, use the Hornets in order to benefit your own team? That's where the NBA-ownership's control should end.

I agree there's a lot of gray area and a lot of conflicts of intrest going on in a situation like this but from all i know there's also no precedent for how things liek this work under stern

dreaming121
12-11-2011, 11:37 AM
There is obviously bias. But you cannot deny all 29 owners not to have any control with the Hornets. After all they as a collective are paying for the Hornet's salaries.

That's why before trading Paul the NBA should find an owner first. Then he can do whatever he wants with Paul. That way there would be no bias at all.