PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups-"I would like a chance at them, I'll tell you that much"

All Net
12-11-2011, 05:08 PM

christian1923
12-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Good ! We aint worried in NY

kentatm
12-11-2011, 05:13 PM
come to Dallas instead Chauncey

Hernando
12-11-2011, 05:13 PM
You guys are screwed with or without Billups on your team. And the Jamaal Crawford deal I am hearing is almost out the door. Chandler doesnt make a big 3, at all. That is equal to saying if you guys brought in Joakim Noah (averaging 1 more rebound than tyson) that, that is a big 3. :facepalm http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/04/joakim-noah-u-mad.jpg

Kurosawa0
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't think it happens, but that'd be a great addition for Miami.

PJR
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Talents will be brought to South Beach...

Meticode
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
You guys are screwed with or without Billups on your team. And the Jamaal Crawford deal I am hearing is almost out the door. Chandler doesnt make a big 3, at all. That is equal to saying if you guys brought in Joakim Noah (averaging 1 more rebound than tyson) that, that is a big 3. :facepalm http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/04/joakim-noah-u-mad.jpg
Who said anything about Chandler making a big three? Well, except for you that is.

kidachi
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
A decent Center is obviously the priority for the Heat.. they have Chalmers and I think I speak for majority of fans when I say that we'd love to see rookie Norris Cole get a great amount of minutes..

that being said though.. if that PG is in Chauncey's caliber.. so be it..

abuC
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM

The Heat were able to do damage last year with the corpse of Mike Bibby and Mario Chalmers, a 35 year old Billups is better than both of them.

Hernando
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Who said anything about Chandler making a big three? Well, except for you that is.

I hear multiple people on this forum. That is who I hear saying that.

Jasi
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM

In case you didn't notice, the goal of this game is winning, not assembling "big 3"s.

Hernando
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
In case you didn't notice, the goal of this game is winning, not assembling "big 3"s.

Never said that, I am just saying what the Idiotic Knicks fans are saying. That simply tyson equals a big 3. He doesn't.

swi7ch
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
With Bosh and Billups making up 0.5 each, I think they can now be officially called the Big 3.

DStebb716
12-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Already posted and talked about yesterday.

InfiniteBaskets
12-11-2011, 05:25 PM
A decent Center is obviously the priority for the Heat.. they have Chalmers and I think I speak for majority of fans when I say that we'd love to see rookie Norris Cole get a great amount of minutes..

Agreed, 100%.

thejumpa
12-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Never said that, I am just saying what the Idiotic Knicks fans are saying. That simply tyson equals a big 3. He doesn't.

If Melo and Amar'e have their chemistry together down, and Chandler plays defense like he did last year, then I don't see how it's not a big 3. Maybe not as entertaining or full of big names like Boston and Miami, but if he's the missing link defensively, you gotta give credit where is due.

christian1923
12-11-2011, 05:28 PM

nobody said that :confusedshrug: your just prematurely hating on the knicks :lol

thejumpa
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Any team could use Billups, but I thought Miami wanted to get younger and run more? I wonder if he will be starting...

Hernando
12-11-2011, 05:31 PM
If Melo and Amar'e have their chemistry together down, and Chandler plays defense like he did last year, then I don't see how it's not a big 3. Maybe not as entertaining or full of big names like Boston and Miami, but if he's the missing link defensively, you gotta give credit where is due.
That really dont matter under the coaching of D'antoni. He doesn't care about Defense.

Hernando
12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Any team could use Billups, but I thought Miami wanted to get younger and run more? I wonder if he will be starting...
With these old players, they will have to always keep updating their roster around every 2 years, which isn't good for the team.

comerb
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM

I'm excited about Cole.

I don't think Billups gets to Miami. Some pissy small market owner will bid on him just out of spite.

Theoo's Daddy
12-11-2011, 05:38 PM
With these old players, they will have to always keep updating their roster around every 2 years, which isn't good for the team.

almost all championship teams must have a veteran back up PG on their roster, just in case shit happens.

abuC
12-11-2011, 05:42 PM

They have their rookie PG if they want a change of pace.

WhySoInsecure?
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
We got a BIG 3. None of our players are really on par with Lebron and Wade but as we stand right now we can definitely give them a workout down low.

Miamireally earned Chandler his contract with their shitty frontline.

Yung D-Will
12-11-2011, 06:19 PM
A role players.... Is part of a big 3.

Wow that concept gets passed around way to much

LA_Showtime
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Wow; shut up Chauncey. This guy overvalues what he brings to the table.

Nash
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Wow; shut up Chauncey. This guy overvalues what he brings to the table.
Really? Cuz he averaged 17.5 pts and 5.5 assists for New York.

christian1923
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Cuz our team only had like 4 legit players

LA_Showtime
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM

He's taking this way too personally. He's like 36-years-old. If you have the opportunity to sign the starting center from the defending champs you do it, period.

He would've looked a lot better had he taken the high road, but instead he's acting like a little bitch.

stephanieg
12-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Poor Chandler, he's gonna have to cover both Amare and Melo's crappy D AND board more to make up for Amare.

Hammertime
12-11-2011, 06:47 PM
A few things.

First of all, Chauncey won a ring with the Pistons in 2004, played in another Finals, and played in 4 more conference finals. It's not like we're talking about a star player on bad teams who is now, in the twilight of his career, begging for a chance to go to a contender. I don't think many people will give him sympathy on this account.

Second of all, he's getting paid this year no matter what. Sounds pretty good to me.

Third of all, he talks about not wanting to be the glue guy, the mentor, and sitting on the bench. How many shots does he realistically think the Heat could give him a game? Does he actually expect the offense to run through him with Wade and LeBron on the team?

Rnbizzle
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
A few things.

First of all, Chauncey won a ring with the Pistons in 2004, played in another Finals, and played in 4 more conference finals. It's not like we're talking about a star player on bad teams who is now, in the twilight of his career, begging for a chance to go to a contender. I don't think many people will give him sympathy on this account.

Second of all, he's getting paid this year no matter what. Sounds pretty good to me.

Third of all, he talks about not wanting to be the glue guy, the mentor, and sitting on the bench. How many shots does he realistically think the Heat could give him a game? Does he actually expect the offense to run through him with Wade and LeBron on the team?
He could do that for the Lakers though.

All Net
12-12-2011, 03:59 AM
I'm excited about Cole.

I don't think Billups gets to Miami. Some pissy small market owner will bid on him just out of spite.

Well they have till 6pm tonight.

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Miami needs bigs....

The_Yearning
12-12-2011, 04:09 AM
It would be good for Miami... they need somebody to take the last shot for them when Chalmers is doubled.

blacknapalm
12-12-2011, 04:13 AM
so loophole around amnesty...just say you refuse to play for any team that picks you up off waivers? you gotta think he won't be the only one that does this. while i understand he's upset, he's acting like a baby. btw, this is exactly why people who say players should be loyal are full of it. have teams been loyal to billups or odom? was reindsdorf loyal to MJ, pip and phil in the later years? players know this and they'll always way their options just like GMs and owners.

All Net
12-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Miami needs bigs....

They do yes but getting Billups would be huge as he is a guy who can hold his own against anybody and give you 17 and 5 on any given night. Something they didn't have last year.

They were two games away from a title with Anthony as their starting center and they have added Battier, got a healthy Haslem back so maybe they don't need a big to win.

abuC
12-12-2011, 04:19 AM
We will know at 6pm if he's going to Miami or not.

markymark
12-12-2011, 05:22 AM
This guy seriously thinks he's the shit. He's just real lucky he was in Detroit when Sheed, Ben and Rip were still in their primes, and Prince didn't suck yet.

knicksman
12-12-2011, 07:03 AM

chandler is as impactful as these overrated pgs. All teams have won with a defensive anchor but you can live with a scrub pg playing for you.

niko
12-12-2011, 09:42 AM
and missed a shitload of games, including basically the entire playoff series.

LJJ
12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
He's taking this way too personally. He's like 36-years-old. If you have the opportunity to sign the starting center from the defending champs you do it, period.

He would've looked a lot better had he taken the high road, but instead he's acting like a little bitch.

To me he's just doing the smart thing. He's acting out right now to make sure no team places one of those priority contract bids for him.

Nobody places a bid because of his attitude and Billups is free to do as he pleases. He can sign with any team he wants, for any role he wants, for any contract he wants and still get paid every last penny of that contract he already had.

That's all there is to it. He doesn't give a shit about NY waiving him, but he doesn't want to end up in backwoods Milwaukee either. So he takes the strategic route, which might makes him look like a punk for a while.

All Net
12-12-2011, 10:02 AM
and missed a shitload of games, including basically the entire playoff series.
Damn good player though even at age 35.

LJJ
12-12-2011, 10:13 AM
General managers of the teams under the cap are sleeping by the way. If I was a GM of a capspace team I would have locked up Gilbert Arenas and Chauncey Billups for 1,5 million a year a loooong time ago.

Lock those players up cheaply and then trade them to contenders for draft picks. Make full use of the amnesty rules. I have no idea why no one is doing it.

All Net
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
According to yahoo sports he is eying lakers or heat if he doesn't get picked up

brownmamba00
12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
^^^

I really don't want him on the Lakers. We have a big TE, we should use that on better PG's.

MeLO MvP 15
12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
^^^

I really don't want him on the Lakers. We have a big TE, we should use that on better PG's.
Well it wouldn't effect your TPE bro. You're saying you wouldn't want Billups for the room exception or minimum? He would've literally been the ideal PG in the triangle with Jackson, but even now he's probably a great fit.

I really hope a team placed a bid on him, but the one team that I thought would (The Clippers) was probably too busy with the CP trade. Indy and Denver could've too, but I feel like it would've been reported already. Damn it looks like he's a FA which sucks because his bitching actually worked. He got rewarded with $14 million, a new contract and the team of his choice... and he's mad at the Knicks... really?

PJR
12-12-2011, 10:53 AM
He'll agree to a deal with the Heat at 6:01 ET.

Lebowski
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
... but instead he's acting like a little bitch.

That is what players do. I know, you WOULD expect something else from an adult. Miami does not need Billups anyway, it wasnt Chalmers or Bibbys fault they didnt get that trophy.

brownmamba00
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Well it wouldn't effect your TPE bro. You're saying you wouldn't want Billups for the room exception or minimum? He would've literally been the ideal PG in the triangle with Jackson, but even now he's probably a great fit.

I really hope a team placed a bid on him, but the one team that I thought would (The Clippers) was probably too busy with the CP trade. Indy and Denver could've too, but I feel like it would've been reported already. Damn it looks like he's a FA which sucks because his bitching actually worked. He got rewarded with $14 million, a new contract and the team of his choice... and he's mad at the Knicks... really?

The Lakers already have cats that's gonna gives veteran leadership in the locker room. LA already has 3 scrubs waiting to rot on the bench in the PG slot, Billups is good but not the guy that's gonna bring the much needed energy, hustle and quickness.

And he's already bitching about he is sick of being 'a mentor and a glue guy' whateva the fukk that means. lol if he really thinks he's gonna get 15 shots a night. Chauncey can go **** himself. We don't need another dramaqueen in LA.

All Net
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
He'll agree to a deal with the Heat at 6:01 ET.
I'm counting on that to be honest

He would start and likely win a title...makes sense for him.

All Net
12-12-2011, 11:27 AM
That is what players do. I know, you WOULD expect something else from an adult. Miami does not need Billups anyway, it wasnt Chalmers or Bibbys fault they didnt get that trophy.
You serious? Bibby was terrible, adding a guy like Billups is going to make Miami even more dangerous on the perimeter.

Lebowski
12-12-2011, 11:34 AM
You serious? Bibby was terrible, adding a guy like Billups is going to make Miami even more dangerous on the perimeter.

I am not saying they are better which they are not even close to be, I just felt that there where other parts that failed to meet expectations when it mattered the most imo. It is not like it was a struggle for Miami to reach the finals. The trophy could have been theirs, without Billups at PG. If I make any sense.

All Net
12-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I am not saying they are better which they are not even close to be, I just felt that there where other parts that failed to meet expectations when it mattered the most imo. It is not like it was a struggle for Miami to reach the finals. The trophy could have been theirs, without Billups at PG. If I make any sense.

I agree, PG is not why they lost. Bigs getting outplayed, lebron playing poorly were bigger factors but adding a guy like Billups, Battier and having a heathly haslem will make a big Difference no matter how bad their center rotation is.

Lebowski
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
I agree, PG is not why they lost. Bigs getting outplayed, lebron playing poorly were bigger factors but adding a guy like Billups, Battier and having a heathly haslem will make a big Difference no matter how bad their center rotation is.

I agree with that 100%. My english skills are bordeline terrible =)

All Net
12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I agree with that 100%. My english skills are bordeline terrible =)

They are just fine dude, I've seen people with worse and they are English.

Hammertime
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
People are really missing the point. It's not about what Billups averaged in NYC, or whether he's better than Bibby, which he obviously is(now and ever before). He might have put up 17-5 with the Knicks, but he's not going to put up the same numbers on the Heat. Hell, Bibby put up 15-5 as recently as 2 years ago. It's not about that.

It's about what Billups can do for the Heat in fewer minutes, taking fewer shots, playing a more limited role. We all know player's productions and contribution do not simply mathematically decrease if you decrease his minutes. You can't just say that if a player's minutes are reduced by a third, his points and assists totals will decrease by a third too. His FG% might not stay the same. He might struggle because he's not shooting as much. There are many variables, especially when the player in question is 35.

And again, I'll repeat that Chauncey's role on the Heat would be unlike any he's played in before. The offense would probably not be run through him. He's 35 and is obviously running out of steam. It seems like he wants to go to Miami, but I'm not sure how he pictures it playing out and how he sees his role there. NBA players are rarely realistic about these things.

Sarcastic
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
What a little bitch. The Knicks gave him a $14 million gift extension, and now he wants a chance at them? For doing him wrong? How about Denver, who got rid of him as a salary dump. Does he want a chance at them too?

pmj
12-12-2011, 12:40 PM
People are really missing the point. It's not about what Billups averaged in NYC, or whether he's better than Bibby, which he obviously is(now and ever before). He might have put up 17-5 with the Knicks, but he's not going to put up the same numbers on the Heat. Hell, Bibby put up 15-5 as recently as 2 years ago. It's not about that.

It's about what Billups can do for the Heat in fewer minutes, taking fewer shots, playing a more limited role. We all know player's productions and contribution do not simply mathematically decrease if you decrease his minutes. You can't just say that if a player's minutes are reduced by a third, his points and assists totals will decrease by a third too. His FG% might not stay the same. He might struggle because he's not shooting as much. There are many variables, especially when the player in question is 35.

And again, I'll repeat that Chauncey's role on the Heat would be unlike any he's played in before. The offense would probably not be run through him. He's 35 and is obviously running out of steam. It seems like he wants to go to Miami, but I'm not sure how he pictures it playing out and how he sees his role there. NBA players are rarely realistic about these things.

Considering he's always loved chucking 3s and that's exactly what Miami would want him to do, hopefully at a higher % than the 25% that Bibby shot in the playoffs, I think it would work fine.

Miami just needs better spacing with both Lebron and Wade being poor outside shooters.

All Net
12-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Considering he's always loved chucking 3s and that's exactly what Miami would want him to do, hopefully at a higher % than the 25% that Bibby shot in the playoffs, I think it would work fine.

Miami just needs better spacing with both Lebron and Wade being poor outside shooters.

Hence having miller, jones, Battier as the outside shooters.

pmj
12-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Hence having miller, jones, Battier as the outside shooters.

Yes, we should be fine either way, Miami fans aren't banking on this, but having more of it, especially at PG would be better. Chalmers is an average shooter at best.

All Net
12-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Wonder if Kwame would settle for the min?

pmj
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Wonder if Kwame would settle for the min?

I thought the Heat should have gotten him last year, and he ended up having a decent year playing at the min. I still think it's a good idea, but he may have played himself into more money.
I think all centers are pretty much waiting on the Howard moves.

LJJ
12-12-2011, 12:50 PM

One of the reasons Bibby performed so poorly is because his whole skillset is centered around having the ball in his hands. You can say that shooting a basketball is always shooting shooting a basketball regardless of the situation, but that is obviously not true. Not all off-the-dribble shooters can thrive when suddenly have to start spacing the floor and spotting up.

So what do you expect of Billups? Create space for himself off the ball, space the floor and be a deadly spot up shooter? What about Billups's career up to this point makes you think he is good at that?

I'm not saying he's ever going to do as bad as Bibby, because he's not as washed up as Bibby despite being a bit older. But there is nothing that Billups has done so far to suggest he can successfully transition into a new role as a great spot up shooter. Maybe he can, but it's a total toss up.

pmj
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
One of the reasons Bibby performed so poorly is because his whole skillset is centered around having the ball in his hands. You can say that shooting a basketball is always shooting shooting a basketball regardless of the situation, but that is obviously not true. Not all off-the-dribble shooters can thrive when suddenly have to start spacing the floor and spotting up.

So what do you expect of Billups? Create space for himself off the ball, space the floor and be a deadly spot up shooter? What about Billups's career up to this point makes you think he is good at that?

I'm not saying he's ever going to do as bad as Bibby, because he's not as washed up as Bibby despite being a bit older. But there is nothing that Billups has done so far to suggest he can successfully transition into a new role as a great spot up shooter. Maybe he can, but it's a total toss up.

I can agree catch and shoot is different than off the dribble players, but Bibby was shooting 45.5% from 3 in the 22 regular season games he played with MIA. It seemed like he was shooting better than he ever had with all the open looks he was getting.

For some reason in the playoffs though, I guess age, he just fell apart completely. I guess I'm saying I don't think Billups is that close to washed up.