PDA

View Full Version : This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

eliteballer
12-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Stern, the league, and the other owners(both big market and small) utterly massacring the Laker franchise to make an example and prop up their theologies forces me to defend our franchise.

FIRST

ImmortalNemesis
12-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Didn't read.

Negged for basketball reasons.

AMISTILLILL
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5408/didntreadblue.gif

Kornheiser
http://i.imgur.com/wJ3Fk.jpg

ProfessorMurder
Oh my God, you ******s are SO MAD.

Rnbizzle
Didn't read.

:lol :lol :lol :applause:

bagelred
12-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Didn't read, but I agree with you.

AMISTILLILL

Best poster. Bar none.

Meticode
Another Laker fan complaining. This is like the 5th thread today about this shit. Get over it.

D12"Magic"
12-11-2011, 05:54 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/didnt-read-darth-vader.gif

Patrick Bateman
12-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Mitch won't give the commissioner head.

Nets fan 93
12-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh cmon. Like the Lakers don't have Kobe, Gasol, and Andrew Bynum. WOW they are soo screwed:rolleyes: They may as well tank the season because there is no point:rolleyes: The Lakers are still a playoff team and didnt really lose anything.. besides Odom but they got something back for him so... How did he massacre the Lakers franchise? did he tell Kobe, Pau, and Bynum that they were not allowed to play or something? As far as I know... they are still all on the team.

bwink23
I'll be honest..i didn't read all that. I can't feel sorry for the Lakers.

bagelred
Get over it.

Get over it? Why should he? His franchise was royally screwed because of Stern's abuse of power. He has a right to be super pissed.

I support you, my big market compadre. :cheers:

Kobr
12-11-2011, 05:57 PM
..that wall of text

http://i.imgur.com/0FowJ.gif

Nick Young
12-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Good thread OP-meticode dont even make me bring up how much you whined and cried about lebitch raping and leaving you.

other small market team fans, gtfo, OP is correct, people hate us simply because we have the best run organization in the sport, we are being punished by the league for having a team with lots of strong assets and the best front office and ownership.

oh the horror
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I dont know why you were bother posting that in this section dude. You have a ton of pissy small market fans who believe what transpired for LA was actually justified, and a "good" thing.

They'll just talk sh*t.

Meticode
12-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Get over it? Why should he? His franchise was royally screwed because of Stern's abuse of power. He has a right to be super pissed.

I support you, my big market compadre. :cheers:
What's the point of complaining about it? What is that going to change? It's a waste of breath and a waste of keystrokes to even type about it at this point. It's not going to f*cking happen, no matter how much you hope for it. Get over it. Look to what's happening now and not what happened 48 hours ago.

Nick Young
12-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Oh cmon. Like the Lakers don't have Kobe, Gasol, and Andrew Bynum. WOW they are soo screwed:rolleyes: They may as well tank the season because there is no point:rolleyes: The Lakers are still a playoff team and didnt really lose anything.. besides Odom but they got something back for him so... How did he massacre the Lakers franchise? did he tell Kobe, Pau, and Bynum that they were not allowed to play or something? As far as I know... they are still all on the team.
They got nothing back for Odom. Their team chemistry is fcked now too, Kobe is pissed Odom left for nothing, Gasol is mentally weak so probably moping, Hornets stars will probably not play so hard because they know they could be on the way out any minute, CP3 is pissed he's stuck in New Orleans on a go nowhere team when his dream move was in his sight so will mail in the season.

Stern fcked 3 franchises, not just the lakers

The Macho Man
12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Mitch won't give the commissioner head.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

AMISTILLILL
12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
They got nothing back for Odom. Their team chemistry is fcked now too, Kobe is pissed Odom left for nothing, Gasol is mentally weak so probably moping, Hornets stars will probably not play so hard because they know they could be on the way out any minute, CP3 is pissed he's stuck in New Orleans on a go nowhere team when his dream move was in his sight so will mail in the season.

Nice to see you have such confidence in your team. :rolleyes:

RRR3
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM

I thought Kobe was the "GOAT GAWD" and was better than MJ and didn't need any help to dominate the league? What happened? Stripped of his god powers, eh?

Wonder Bread Kid
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif

DuMa
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.northwestlongboarding.com/nwlb/images/forum/432Cry_Baby_Cry.JPG

well said

Riley Martin
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
..that wall of text

:lol

WeGetRing2012
12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Its not over yet for the Lakers. Deron,CP3, and Dwight still have not signed their contracts yet.

boozehound
why does every douchey laker fan have to make their own thread on this? Its all been said. Get over it.

Negged for bball reasons

PyrrhusX
Another Laker fan complaining. This is like the 5th thread today about this shit. Get over it.

This.
It's getting seriously annoying how laker fans are crying poor.
They had a decent team last year which they could have kept.
Im finding it hard to feel bad for Laker fans now, their destruction would ensure okc dominance in west hopefully:violin:

Meticode
12-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Good thread OP-meticode dont even make me bring up how much you whined and cried about lebitch raping and leaving you.
LoL, I never whined and cried. I was upset about how he handled the situation, but I don't hate the man or carried it on like everyone else (ie: RedBlackAttack). I actually made a LeBron James: Cleveland Tribute video about him a couple months ago actually.

http://vimeo.com/29608045

KOBEtherealKing
12-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Why do people make these ranting threads knowing people will laugh at you. You know once its a paragraph long, just stop. :roll:

Nets fan 93
12-11-2011, 06:09 PM

They got a TE which they could use to upgrade PG or SF.

Who is New Orleans star? Emeka Okafor? They are a bunch of role players. They will play hard no doubt.

Gasol should be proving to LA that he is still productive. Moping dcould lead to him proving something.

It does suck for CP3. I doubt he brings his value down by not trying though. He has Dallas as an option when he is a FA.

Stern saved Houston if anything lol.

LA_Showtime
12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
I think it's fine for Laker fans to express their anger over the vetoed trade. But if you want to complain about shipping Lamar Odom to the team that just won a championship... well then that's on us. :oldlol:

bagelred
What's the point of complaining about it? What is that going to change? It's a waste of breath and a waste of keystrokes to even type about it at this point. It's not going to f*cking happen, no matter how much you hope for it. Get over it. Look to what's happening now and not what happened 48 hours ago.

What a great attitude.:rolleyes:

oh the horror
But if you want to complain about shipping Lamar Odom to the team that just won a championship... well then that's on us. :oldlol:

Bingo. Still scratching my head over that deal. It'll either make sense soon, or.....be a huge mistake.

Glide2keva
12-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Didn't read.

+1 Rep.

Lakers fans crying because they can't have more titles handed to them.

LA_Showtime
Bingo. Still scratching my head over that deal. It'll either make sense soon, or.....be a huge mistake.

I think it's a huge mistake either way. There weren't ANY other teams willing to take him off their hands? The only reason I could justify that move is if it effectively takes Dallas out of the Howard sweepstakes, but even then it's risky as hell since we're hardly a guaranteed destination. At least we can take solace in the fact Kobe will flip shit if the Lakers don't make anymore moves. :lol

KOBEtherealKing
..that wall of text

:roll: :roll:
I'm seriously crying laughing

Meticode
12-11-2011, 06:13 PM
What a great attitude.:rolleyes:
I think it's a pretty good attitude. Look forward, don't dwell on things that don't matter now. I'm pretty happy. I don't know about you. :confusedshrug:

LA_Showtime
12-11-2011, 06:13 PM
+1 Rep.

Very ignorant post. Trading for Cp3 and losing Gasol and Odom hardly guarantees any more titles, and arguably would have made the Lakers worse off.

HB40TheNextStar
12-11-2011, 06:15 PM
http://img296.imagevenue.com/loc120/th_638456594_ys_122_120lo.jpg (http://img296.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=638456594_ys_122_120lo.jpg)

oh the horror
12-11-2011, 06:15 PM
+1 Rep.

So, because the Laker organization makes great trades for their own future, they should be vetoed, blocked, and stalemated by the league itself?

That shouldnt be the way the game is played. Especially since our moves are well within the rules.

Besides, I would argue, that it doesnt "hand" us sh*t.

We all saw the "superteam" is Miami LOSE.

rodman91
12-11-2011, 06:16 PM
http://chzmemeafterdark.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/naughty-memes-panda-dont-care.gif

KOBEtherealKing
Bush to hurricane katrina is stern is to hornets. They really didn't give a fuc*k because they don't have any.

Glide2keva
Very ignorant post. Trading for Cp3 and losing Gasol and Odom hardly guarantees any more titles, and arguably would have made the Lakers worse off.
Now you know damn well that if they got CP3, Howard was ready to come to town also.

Stop acting like that was the only move they were going to make.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I read, i agree, it's stupid and bad for league to have mediocre Lakers this year.

Meticode
12-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Now you know damnw ell that if they got CP3, Howard was ready to come to town also.

Stop actling like that was the only move they were going to make.
If that happened and Christmas came...

The starting power forward for the Lakers, Derrick CHARACTER!

LA_Showtime
Now you know damnw ell that if they got CP3, Howard was ready to come to town also.

Stop actling like that was the only move they were going to make.

We have no idea if they would have got Howard. That's why so many people were questioning the trade. It was hardly a guarantee.

At this point it would've been nice to acquire Cp3 for the simple fact that we really pissed off Odom and Gasol. I don't necessarily know if it would have made us any better, but it would've been different.

Glide2keva
I read, i agree, it's stupid and bad for league to have mediocre Lakers this year.
No, it's great for the league, because you can show off the other teams that have great young talent.

Alan
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
LoL, I never whined and cried. I was upset about how he handled the situation, but I don't hate the man or carried it on like everyone else (ie: RedBlackAttack). I actually made a LeBron James: Cleveland Tribute video about him a couple months ago actually.

http://vimeo.com/29608045
You should upload it to Youtube, would get tons of views. Vimeo is for bunch of creative people.

koBEDABEST
12-11-2011, 06:23 PM

u r the ****ing best

Glide2keva
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
We have no idea if they would have got Howard. That's why so many people were questioning the trade. It was hardly a guarantee.

At this point it would've been nice to acquire Cp3 for the simple fact that we really pissed off Odom and Gasol. I don't necessarily know if it would have made us any better, but it would've been different.
So you don't think that they would've used the 9.8 Million TPE to ship Bynum to ORL for Howard?

Come on man.

Meticode
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
You should upload it to Youtube, would get tons of views. Vimeo is for bunch of creative people.
I tried this originally before I ever uploaded it to Vimeo. It blocks the song because of copyright issues. And I can't appeal it because it's BMG so it's automatically blocked in like 40 countries including the U.S. It won't even give me the option to appeal it like other video I've uploaded.

LA_Showtime
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
So you don't think that they would've used the 9.8 Million TPE to ship Bynum to ORL for Howard?

Come on man.

We have a 9.8 million trade exception right now and from all reports it can't be used to acquire Howard. I have no idea what the Lakers are planning to do and neither do you so there's no point saying, "OH MY GOD IF THE LAKERS WOULD HAVE ACQUIRED Cp3 THEY WOULD HAVE GOT HOWARD TOO."

PyrrhusX
12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
No, it's great for the league, because you can show off the other teams that have great young talent.

Quoted for truth:cheers:

Alan
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I tried this originally before I ever uploaded it to Vimeo. It blocks the song because of copyright issues. And I can't appeal it because it's BMG so it's automatically blocked in like 40 countries including the U.S. It won't even give me the option to appeal it like other video I've uploaded.
That's a shame. What's your other video?

Glide2keva
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Quoted for truth:cheers:
I try to do my part.

reppy
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Just curious, where are all the pissed off Rockets and Hornets fans? Why aren't they making 100 threads about how the league screwed over their franchise?

oh the horror
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM

What other teams dude? Memphis, and whoever? Lets face it bro, the fu*kin' league has WAY too many teams.

NO ONE IS TUNING IN TO WATCH NEW ORLEANS VS THE BOBCATS.

No one wants to play for MILWAUKEE.

NO ONE is WATCHING the Toronto Raptors.

Its just that simple.

Big markets do not need to be punished, and held back so little teams can prosper. That just isnt good business.

The NBA IS at its best when big markets are booming. Thats just the way it is.

oh the horror
12-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Just curious, where are all the pissed off Rockets and Hornets fans? Why aren't they making 100 threads about how the league screwed over their franchise?

Because they combine for a whopping 3 people on this board.

Glide2keva
There aren't any.

I was a Hornets fan when they first came in the league because they were repping my other home state NC, but now they are in NO and it isn't the same.

outbreak
Man stern did nothing to screw you guys over. A deal got blocked before it was signed. There was never any guarantee Howard was going to L.A and his comments and attitude on not needing a big market team as china is the biggest market these days seem to show he wasn't that fussed about going to holywood anyway. Time to stop crying and wait and see what your management can pull off now.

Meticode
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
That's a shame. What's your other video?
They were just video's of an online game I used to play called Dark Age of Camelot. I had a bunch of recorded videos people made of it saved and I uploaded them to YouTube and most of the time I could get past the copyright with the appeal.

Old Video Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfo_NbNLEsE&list=UUwonzdHi9mlbC3E6eG2joRw&feature=plcp

Yung D-Will
12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
What other teams dude? Memphis, and whoever? Lets face it bro, the fu*kin' league has WAY too many teams.

Its just that simple.

Big markets do not need to be punished, and held back so little teams can prosper. That just isnt good business.

Jazz,Memphis,Minny,Clippers I'll watch more of each of those teams games than a team like Miami this year

How do I know? Cause I watched more Clippers/Wizards/Jazz games than I watched of LA, Miami or CHicago last season

Not everyone watches games to hear the names of Chris Paul or Dwight Howard

JohnnyWall
12-11-2011, 06:36 PM
We have a 9.8 million trade exception right now and from all reports it can't be used to acquire Howard. I have no idea what the Lakers are planning to do and neither do you so there's no point saying, "OH MY GOD IF THE LAKERS WOULD HAVE ACQUIRED Cp3 THEY WOULD HAVE GOT HOWARD TOO."

It can't absorb Hedo's contract, but it apparently can be used to acquire Howard.

The trade exception can't be offered to Orlando in an effort to absorb their toxic Hedo Turkoglu contract. It's worth only $8.9 million, while Hedo makes couch cushion money over $11 mil. But it can be used to acquire a player who might be flipped to Orlando as part of a Howard deal, for other players on the Magic's roster (Jameer Nelson and J.J. Redick would fit), or in an entirely different trade for another piece.

Or the Lakers could offer Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol to Orlando for Howard and Hedo (Trade Machine approves!), and then use that exception to fill one of the many roster holes they'd have left once that was done.

GOBB
12-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Didn't read.

:roll:

Repped and neg repped OP for this powerful post. :bowdown:

Glide2keva
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
What other teams dude? Memphis, and whoever? Lets face it bro, the fu*kin' league has WAY too many teams.You won't get an argument there. They need to get rid of the Hornets, Bobcats, Raptors, T-Wolves, Clippers & Wizards

NO ONE IS TUNING IN TO WATCH NEW ORLEANS VS THE BOBCATS.But people will tune in to see Mem vs. OKC, SAS vs. ATL, etc.

No one wants to play for MILWAUKEE.Well, of course, it's Milwaukee

NO ONE is WATCHING the Toronto Raptors.Agreed they should go.

Its just that simple.Of course it is, but no one besides lakers fans want to see the lakers winning or playing for a title year after year.

Big markets do not need to be punished, and held back so little teams can prosper. That just isn't good business.So two of the last 5 titles going to LA and one going to Boston is holding the big markets back? Okay.

The NBA IS at its best when big markets are booming. That's just the way it is.No, the league is at it's best when ALL teams play on an even playing field as it was before.

There have only been 9 different NBA champions over the last 30 years or so.

Going back to 1980 you have:

LA: 10 titles since
Philly: 2 or 3 titles
Chicago: 6 titles
Boston: 4 titles
San Antonio: 4 titles
Dallas: 1 title
Houston: 2 titles
Detroit: 3 titles
Miami: 1 title

Look who's sitting on top and they have 4 more titles than their closest competitor. So you guys aren't starving for a championship. Back in the 80's there were great teams and even into the 90's.

Since 2000 there have only been 5 different champions with LA leading the way with 5. So there is no type of competitive balance happening here. And that's what needs to be fixed.

You can bitch and moan, but I'm not feeling sorry for a franchise that has won 10 titles in the time I've been watching the NBA.

lilgodfather1
12-11-2011, 07:06 PM
LAL Laughing At Lakers. You expect fans of teams that haven't won a champinship to feel sorry that you couldn't rob a team's best player away? GFYS

305Baller
12-11-2011, 07:07 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jw9mxc0RFFU/TjtYYnk5MEI/AAAAAAAABV4/xCvuwLSMPZQ/s1600/jackie2.jpg

maybeshewill13
12-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Lol @ mad Laker OP

PowerGlove
12-11-2011, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=eliteballer]Stern, the league, and the other owners(both big market and small) utterly massacring the Laker franchise to make an example and prop up their theologies forces me to defend our franchise.

FIRST

PowerGlove
12-11-2011, 07:14 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Second biggest fanbase on ISH, 11th most valuable franchise in the league.

Yes, lets get rid of the Raptors.:rolleyes:

The Iron Fist
12-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Lets be real, Stern helped the Lakers by blocking that trade. You just don't give up your front line for a weak kneed pG. Had it happened, the Lakers would have nobody on the frontline for 5 games. Then, when Bynum gets back, hes prone to injury. It was a dumb trade from the jump and Stern blocked it. It was wrong, but it helped them more than it hurt them. The only other downside is that it hurt Odoms feelings. So what? Hes inconsistent anyways.

KBryant24
12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Makes me sick the amount of people on here who aren't willing to read/discuss topics....
if you aren't going to read a thread then don't post in it

ballsohard247
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
..that wall of text

:roll:

JohnnyFord
12-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Makes me sick the amount of people on here who aren't willing to read/discuss topics....
if you aren't going to read a thread then don't post in it
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/igloo444/didnt_read.jpg

StarJordan
12-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Good Job David Stern!

thatoneblackguy
12-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Like I said in this thread (http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242520&page=3) this is bigger than just the Lakers. This is the whole NBA getting ****ed. This has completely changed the surface of the NBA for the worse. It's bigger than just a Laker issue, it's an NBA issue. All credibility is now lost. (if there even was any)

Gundress
12-11-2011, 08:56 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1146/111notasinglefckn.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/111notasinglefckn.jpg/)

Gundress
12-11-2011, 08:57 PM

:roll: :roll:

Gundress
12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
..that wall of text

:roll: :roll: :roll: This is killing me....:roll: :roll:

The Iron Fist
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Like I said in this thread (http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242520&page=3) this is bigger than just the Lakers. This is the whole NBA getting ****ed. This has completely changed the surface of the NBA for the worse. It's bigger than just a Laker issue, it's an NBA issue. All credibility is now lost. (if there even was any)
Most sensible people know that. The ones who are happy because they think the Lakers got screwed, are the morons posting "didn't read" gifs.

But thats what happens when you give 15 year old virgins access to the internet.

dreaming121
12-11-2011, 09:34 PM

Majority of Rocket fans hated the trade. They are all at clutchfans making a noise about it.

The Choken One
12-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Most sensible people know that. The ones who are happy because they think the Lakers got screwed, are the morons posting "didn't read" gifs.

But thats what happens when you give 15 year old virgins access to the internet.
This x1000.

That basically describes 80% of the posters on this site. But I'd say the age is probably around 18. Duma being the biggest example.

Brb, 23788973 posts.

JohnnyFord
12-11-2011, 09:50 PM

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1146/111notasinglefckn.jpg

Glide2keva
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM

As opposed to 35 year old virgins?

JohnnyFord
12-11-2011, 10:16 PM
As opposed to 35 year old virgins?
u just described The Iron Fist

JGXEN
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
u just described The Iron Fist
Damn son.

PyrrhusX
12-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Dont understand why people cant be happy the lakers got screwed over for once.
:rolleyes:

You may say this effects the league as a whole, but others would say it is a one off situation that might never happen again. Lakers got screwed but I dont care, it puts my team in a better position to reach the finals - why would I be displeased by that?

:violin:

OldSchoolBBall
12-11-2011, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=eliteballer]Stern, the league, and the other owners(both big market and small) utterly massacring the Laker franchise to make an example and prop up their theologies forces me to defend our franchise.

FIRST

KingBeasley08
12-11-2011, 11:46 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

holy sh*t :lol :oldlol: :roll:

Collie
12-11-2011, 11:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8AYDf5rDsEg/TMJPh8MneNI/AAAAAAAABJA/zI2H0gEdie8/s1600/fw0kjn.gif

ballup
12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
I think it's safe to say that no one read or cared about what OP had to say.

Also, OP is one butt hurt fan.

Hammertime
12-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Oh, I'm sure this is bad for the whole league. I'll be back to sincerely apologize to all you Lakers fans when Stern rescinds the "a few garbage players for Blake Griffin" trade my Jazz will surely line up sometime in the future.

kumquat
12-12-2011, 01:22 AM
LOL love it how all the lakers fans are "You guys aren't taking this seriously"

Everyone else on the planet "Didn't read"

How about you hand back the tainted Sacramento championship...."oh david stern hates us".... then you can have have your precious Chris Paul.

Wonder Bread Kid
12-12-2011, 01:23 AM

Oh be quiet you little girl. This does nothing to alter the NBA. Unless the NBA decides to become the owner for all 30 teams.

Stern can't reject any other teams trades so quit acting like that's the future of the NBA. :facepalm

ShaqAttack3234
12-12-2011, 01:34 AM
We DRAFTED West, Baylor, Magic, Worthy, Kobe(essentially, and traded a top 12ish center for a 17 year old rookie in the NINETIES), Bynum, Fisher etc mind you.

You seriously think that drafting Fisher was something notable? Drafting Bynum hasn't been some huge success yet either, maybe it will down the road, but drafting a guy whose been injured most of his career isn't something to brag about.

Kobe actually demanded a trade to LA when he was drafted as well. Had he said he'd have played there, he would've been a Net.

We DRAFTED guys like Van Exel, Jones, Campbell which allowed us to later make moves for guys like Glen Rice and Horace Grant

:wtf: Why on earth would you list trading prime Eddie Jones for an aging, post-elbow surgery Glen Rice? There's a reason why they made no effort to keep him and Phil wanted to trade him as soon as he got there.

I don't have a problem with the Lakers, but you're grasping at straws with some of these examples.

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 01:41 AM

FIRST

The Iron Fist
12-12-2011, 01:51 AM
LOL love it how all the lakers fans are "You guys aren't taking this seriously"

Everyone else on the planet "Didn't read"

How about you hand back the tainted Sacramento championship...."oh david stern hates us".... then you can have have your precious Chris Paul.
Uh, I'm a Laker fan and I feel he did the Lakers a favor. With that said, its still wrong as much as its unprecedented.

But since you really feel Sacramento got screwed,

explain to me game 3.

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Uh, I'm a Laker fan and I feel he did the Lakers a favor. With that said, its still wrong as much as its unprecedented.

But since you really feel Sacramento got screwed,

explain to me game 3.

Ummmm don't respond to that Sab bs. Sac had game seven at home in Arco tied in OT and they chocked. So get the **** out of here with that bs. Cry me a river.

Kblaze8855
12-12-2011, 02:06 AM
The Laker hate is largely a combo of jealousy and people just being idiots....but some of it is fueled by Laker fans(often bandwaggon fans) who have been ***** for 10 years.

I think most people really trying to be fair and think about what happened...would conclude that its at least questionable and at worst...the kind of tyranny that should get fans lighting torches and marching on the NBA offices.

If this happened to anyone in the NBA other than the Lakers, Knicks, or Heat it would be the biggest cause of outrage in my life.

But since its the lakers people act like children. Children with little creativity to make it even worse.

Putting aside the names of the teams involved...just looking at the facts...

The 3 teams who are disgusted by this....the virtual unanimity of everyone other than kids/people joking around on the internet....

Its pretty wild. Its the most shady act ive ever seen from a sports league. And the reasoning given is even worse. Its as if they think we have no ability to reason. And the lack of discussion on it makes it clear its being brushed under a rug as if they can just not talk about it till everyone is sick of it and pretends it never happened.

The NBA just changed the history of the game going forward. Id love to have alternate universe vision to see the chain reaction these events set off going both ways.

Its hard to see the long term implications of our actions but when you think back you can find tiny things that changed your life(I for example....would not be living with the woman I am living with if a guy didnt make a dumb topic on ISH to get himself banned in 2002 forcing him to create a second forum which I am the admin of now...I met the woman in question on that board in 2003).

And this isnt some kid making a topic here. Its the NBA wiping out the plans of 3 teams...at least 2 of them with likely plans beyond this deal with other teams. Getting the 6th man of the year traded to a rival off hurt feelings...killing chemistry on 1 if not 2 teams....

So muh is going to be different going forward and its not because of basketball people making decisions.

Its not even as simple as an owner pulling the plug on a trade last minute(though some of you may be able to convince yourselves it is).

Its the league deciding the present and future of 3 or more teams over one of them being in too big a city with too long a history of success.

If I were a laker fan if never be able to let it go.

It not happening may make it easier for my team to win if we can make the finals soon. But its not about me.

Its just...dirty. The details...reading them...it feels shady. Even the people laughing...can you really tell me it doesnt feel a little....greasy? covered in grime in a way?

keepinitreal
12-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Didn't read.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Reped kblaze....

This reflects on the state of the NBA right now.
Stern and company let the talks go on not in good faith. The Rockets are also getting screwed here. Any which way u cut it it's wrong.

Plenty people hate the Lakers n r laughing I get that whatever let the kidish didn't read comments keep coming. I'd tease a team I hated as well. But at the end of the day......Stern needs to go. He has lost control of the NBA period. The league is in a state of flux.

L8krH8tr
12-12-2011, 02:55 AM
best thing Stern has done in a long time and you Kobe dick riders and wannabe Laker fans are crying. You cant just land guys because they want to come to your team. If everybody is a free agent like the Miami Heat situation its a different story, but this was a legit veto by Stern especially after the lockout just ended and you got alot of owners of franchises trying to get their fair share.

So stfu you stupid fakers. Your Glory fake Championship days are over. Your recent championships were a result of Kobe making youtube videos about Kobe crying about Smush Parker and Bynum, threating to go to the Bulls. buying people for Kobe when he cries that he has nobody and then have the nerve to talk shit on Lebron and stuff you guys are a joke.

PejaNowitzki
12-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Stern, the league, and the other owners(both big market and small) utterly massacring the Laker franchise to make an example and prop up their theologies forces me to defend our franchise.

This sounds like a dire emergency and I suggest you fill out the following form ASAP so all your concerns may best be addressed.

http://ethicsoup.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554e81be3883401543705259d970c-800wi

Mr Know It All
12-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Oh shower us with your infinite wisdom Kblaze you are so wise.:bowdown:

:blah

Players were tampering starting with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh last year. That is the real issue here. The Lakers came out the victim, but Stern needed to send a message to these idiots. "Remember who is in control." The owners demonstrated the control they had by completely winning the CBA negotiations, and in doing this Stern showed further than organizing teams and players essentially tampering amongst themselves will NOT fly anymore.

I have no problem with what Stern did. It may be perceived as shady, but it was perfectly legal. As far as I'm concerned, Stern, as the assumed owner of the Hornets, can easily justify shutting down a trade that could have potentially made the Lakers a powerhouse for years to come (assuming they added Dwight).

Kblaze8855
12-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Of course it was legal. A lot of shady things are legal and against no rules. Like your "tampering" which...between players...cant even be charged.

As for what wont fly anymore....its a unique situation. If stern shows the balls to block a trade involving teams the NBA has no direct stake in ill be shocked. And as log as players have deals that expire at set dates and the right not to re sign until they are on a team they desire...and it makes no sense to lose them for nothing...

Melo to NY will happen. Dwight to___ will happen. It will not end. Not with the current CBA at least. Who knows what the distant future holds.

Mr Know It All
12-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Of course it was legal. A lot of shady things are legal and against no rules. Like your "tampering" which...between players...cant even be charged.

As for what wont fly anymore....its a unique situation. If stern shows the balls to block a trade involving teams the NBA has no direct stake in ill be shocked. And as log as players have deals that expire at set dates and the right not to re sign until they are on a team they desire...and it makes no sense to lose them for nothing...

Melo to NY will happen. Dwight to___ will happen. It will not end. Not with the current CBA at least. Who knows what the distant future holds.

You just said it right there. It is a unique situation. I've stated before that this is awful luck for the Lakers, and depending on who you talk to possibly awful luck for the Hornets in not getting a perceived good deal. However the Lakers knew going into negotiations that this was a special situation, and they should have prepared themselves for something like this after a lockout that was centered on preventing big market teams from stockpiling superstars.

I don't deny the move was shady, of course it was. However, does it majorly discredit the league? Change the face of the NBA forever? Destroy the legacy of David Stern the commissioner (whatever legacy the man has anymore)? No, no, and no. This was a unique situation and the Lakers took a big risk. They have paid for that risk, and better hope they get Dwight Howard or they could be in for some rough years.

All Net
12-12-2011, 03:50 AM
I've stopped caring about it all now...what has happened has happened nothing will change.

i blame Mitch for trading odom so damn fast afterwards...you don't trade him to a team who just swept you and who you will be trying to knock off.

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Let's get real...

Players SHOULD and have every right to play where they want to.
It's a job right? I choose to work at m job because they pay me well and I like the work I do. Those are the two things that matter most.

Since the LeBron debacle two season a go all these small market teams are scared straight. Though I am a critic on LeBrons choice and how he went through with it he had every right to do so.

Stern's move to veto was for two reasons...stop players from having the power to dictate where they play and to stop the so called Super Teams in big market cities.

Now...I'm in support for an even playing field to get and keep talent to say but there is a way to go about it. Stern making this veto is an exercise of power that violates the future of the league. Nobody can trusts this man now period. He is acting like a dictator and is not operating in good faith.

Bottomline he just screwed the future of three teams...robbed the city of Seattle...and needs to step down.

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 03:58 AM
I've stopped caring about it all now...what has happened has happened nothing will change.

i blame Mitch for trading odom so damn fast afterwards...you don't trade him to a team who just swept you and who you will be trying to knock off.
None of us know and maybe will never know why this happened. But I agree....why trade him to the champs in your own conference? Mind boggling....really. Is he trying to be nice to Lamar? Agreed it makes no sense.

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 04:02 AM
You just said it right there. It is a unique situation. I've stated before that this is awful luck for the Lakers, and depending on who you talk to possibly awful luck for the Hornets in not getting a perceived good deal. However the Lakers knew going into negotiations that this was a special situation, and they should have prepared themselves for something like this after a lockout that was centered on preventing big market teams from stockpiling superstars.

I don't deny the move was shady, of course it was. However, does it majorly discredit the league? Change the face of the NBA forever? Destroy the legacy of David Stern the commissioner (whatever legacy the man has anymore)? No, no, and no. This was a unique situation and the Lakers took a big risk. They have paid for that risk, and better hope they get Dwight Howard or they could be in for some rough years.

The lakers and other teams where told the Hornets GM could make the decision and said they would not interfere. This veto came out of left field.
That's why everyone was so shocked.

Yes it changes the league....There will be a law suite...just wait and see.

lilgodfather1
12-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Let's get real...

Players SHOULD and have every right to play where they want to.
It's a job right? I choose to work at m job because they pay me well and I like the work I do. Those are the two things that matter most.

Since the LeBron debacle two season a go all these small market teams are scared straight. Though I am a critic on LeBrons choice and how he went through with it he had every right to do so.

Stern's move to veto was for two reasons...stop players from having the power to dictate where they play and to stop the so called Super Teams in big market cities.

Now...I'm in support for an even playing field to get and keep talent to say but there is a way to go about it. Stern making this veto is an exercise of power that violates the future of the league. Nobody can trusts this man now period. He is acting like a dictator and is not operating in good faith.

Bottomline he just screwed the future of three teams...robbed the city of Seattle...and needs to step down.
You're an idiot. Players have the right to play wherever they want to when their contracts are up. Nobody told them that they had to play in the NBA, or sign a contract with the team. They did, and they have to honour their contracts. Something that the ******* fail to see is that as long as they are under contract they have no choice where they play.

As for Paul, he is in a terrible situation. He has practically no FA options other than Dallas. He can't just choose where he wants to go, unless he gives up 10 millon or more a year. That's what you get for being an idiot.

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 04:22 AM
You're an idiot. Players have the right to play wherever they want to when their contracts are up. Nobody told them that they had to play in the NBA, or sign a contract with the team. They did, and they have to honour their contracts. Something that the ******* fail to see is that as long as they are under contract they have no choice where they play.

As for Paul, he is in a terrible situation. He has practically no FA options other than Dallas. He can't just choose where he wants to go, unless he gives up 10 millon or more a year. That's what you get for being an idiot.

So the player should honor the contract...sure they should....and?
What about the next season? They have a right to sign where ever for what ever price. By coming out a year before stating their intentions the players are helping their current teams. They could be ***** like LeBron say nothing till the last minute and leave ur current team to rot. But they did the right thing now probably because of the flack LeBron got.

Honor the contract yes...but if u know u r going to leave honor the franchise and fans by telling them ur intentions.

BEAST Griffin
12-12-2011, 04:34 AM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6491/midgetdancing2u.gif

puppychili
12-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Freaking Laker fans. They're already the most annoying, arrogant fans in basketball and now they have a persecution complex. :cry:

The only way the Lakers got screwed is that the deal was announced before it was approved. The league owns the Hornets which means that Stern has every right to approve or not approve trades that involve the Hornets. Hell Phil Jackson saw this coming last year, you mean to tell me no one else did?

Common sense says that this would be a weird situation trying to trade with a team owned by the league. Stern thought it was better to get youth and draft picks for Paul than a bunch of midlevel players. An owner has every right to veto his GM's trade decisions. And with the league owning the Hornets (which is weird and has to be resolved soon) that means that Stern has just as much right to veto a trade involving the Hornets as Jerry Buss does the Lakers.

Just because the Lakers had some soft a$$ player who couldn't handle being traded and then whined himself out of town therefore limiting their trade position for Howard doesn't mean the league is out to get the Lakers.

Stern and the NBA being "out to get" the Lakers has to be the funniest and the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Mr Know It All
12-12-2011, 01:48 PM
The lakers and other teams where told the Hornets GM could make the decision and said they would not interfere. This veto came out of left field.
That's why everyone was so shocked.

Yes it changes the league....There will be a law suite...just wait and see.

Every owner says that the GM has all the power in making player decisions. Honestly this is a common talking point when owners are interviewed. Yet many of them step in when they see something they don't like, it's really nothing new.

97 bulls
12-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Freaking Laker fans. They're already the most annoying, arrogant fans in basketball and now they have a persecution complex. :cry:

The only way the Lakers got screwed is that the deal was announced before it was approved. The league owns the Hornets which means that Stern has every right to approve or not approve trades that involve the Hornets. Hell Phil Jackson saw this coming last year, you mean to tell me no one else did?

Common sense says that this would be a weird situation trying to trade with a team owned by the league. Stern thought it was better to get youth and draft picks for Paul than a bunch of midlevel players. An owner has every right to veto his GM's trade decisions. And with the league owning the Hornets (which is weird and has to be resolved soon) that means that Stern has just as much right to veto a trade involving the Hornets as Jerry Buss does the Lakers.

Just because the Lakers had some soft a$$ player who couldn't handle being traded and then whined himself out of town therefore limiting their trade position for Howard doesn't mean the league is out to get the Lakers.

Stern and the NBA being "out to get" the Lakers has to be the funniest and the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
I agree. The lakers have been the recipients of some of the most headscratching, WTF?, trades I've ever seen in my time following sports. Even going back to when shaq left. What was the reasoning behind that? You can say it was to make movies and continue his rap career, cuz I don't remember him making or doing anything of the sort while playing for the lakers. He appeared in bluechips, shazaam, and made a few rap videos with fuschnikins while he was with orlando. Then he left a great situation in orlando to go to a laker team that wasn't competing.

Then that pau gasol trade?

The lakers and their fans should be the last ones to complain and call foul due to something that doesn't make sense.

Mach_3
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM

Why would he do this? The league only owns the Hornets

32jazz
12-12-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree. The lakers have been the recipients of some of the most headscratching, WTF?, trades I've ever seen in my time following sports. Even going back to when shaq left. What was the reasoning behind that? You can say it was to make movies and continue his rap career, cuz I don't remember him making or doing anything of the sort while playing for the lakers. He appeared in bluechips, shazaam, and made a few rap videos with fuschnikins while he was with orlando. Then he left a great situation in orlando to go to a laker team that wasn't competing.

Then that pau gasol trade?

The lakers and their fans should be the last ones to complain and call foul due to something that doesn't make sense.

Bulls you are so damn ignorant you almost unworthy of a response. So Shaq left Orlando to go to a Lakers team that wasn' t competing?:facepalm

The Lakers 2 seasons prior to Shaq won 48 and 53 games respectively with a 1st rd and semi finals exit. They only added 3 wins with Shaq and another semi exit because they where a young team.

The Lakers fielded an extremely young,exciting and very, very popular team with a roster of

C. Ceballos 26 and 21ppg
Nick Van Exel 24
Eddie Jones 24
E Campbell 27
Vlade Divac 27

A Peeler 26
G Lynch 25

Sedale Threatt 34 the senior of the bunch.

Add Shaq without trading anything and you have something special I the making.

Shaq didn"t walk away to a 20 win Lakers organization dude so stop with the stupidity:rolleyes:

I don't know what Shaq told Orlando at the time ,but they gambled he would re Sign and got screwed

Shaq has never seen a camera he didn't like an LA was perfect for him plus he was going to one of the best organizations/cities in sports. What's so unbelievable?

Jerry West immediately turns Divac into Kobe proving the brilliance of the organization :cheers:

Tired of even revisting the Gasol trade as it was obviously an excellent trade on the Grizzlies part:facepalm

Why are Conspiracy theorists like you not up in arms about the Lamar Odom to Dallas trade?

Just imagine if any team had just let their reigning NBA sixth man of the year walk to the defending NBA champions who had just got swept by them the previous season.:confusedshrug:
There would be calls for investigations and internet crashes.
The boards would have crashed had the Spurs just basically released Ginobli(or any team trading 6th man of the year to the NBA champion Lakers for a trade exemption and 2nd rd pick.

LA_Showtime
12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
I was angry that Stern vetoed the trade because it disrupted team chemistry and compromised the integrity of the league. I was and still am ****ing LIVID that we gave up Lamar Odom, my favorite player on the Lakers and a great team player, to the defending champions who knocked us out in the playoffs. What Stern did was wrong, but he certainly didn't force us to trade one of our best players away for nothing.

DirtySanchez
12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Every owner says that the GM has all the power in making player decisions. Honestly this is a common talking point when owners are interviewed. Yet many of them step in when they see something they don't like, it's really nothing new.

But in this case the owner is also the Commish who is running the league.

It's a conflict of interest.

boozehound
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
But in this case the owner is also the Commish who is running the league.

It's a conflict of interest.
it may be, but thats the way it is.

Fatal9
12-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm guessing Stern also has an agenda against the Clippers...he seems to be penalizing them for being too successful :rolleyes:

creepingdeath
12-12-2011, 06:04 PM

FIRST

32jazz
12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm guessing Stern also has an agenda against the Clippers...he seems to be penalizing them for being too successful :rolleyes:

confused shrug.

No more ridiculous than the conspiracies that say the league gift wrapped Gasol and other excellent deals the Lakers have made.

Just imagine had the defending champion Lakers had been the beneficiary of a trade for reigning 6th man of the year for a trade exemption and 2nd rd pick?

Can you imagine the outrage and conspiracies Fatal?

The overreactions cut both ways although the Lakers end up on the accusatory end because they are simply the best organization in the League.

97 bulls
12-12-2011, 07:02 PM
confused shrug.

No more ridiculous than the conspiracies that say the league gift wrapped Gasol and other excellent deals the Lakers have made.

Just imagine had the defending champion Lakers had been the beneficiary of a trade for reigning 6th man of the year for a trade exemption and 2nd rd pick?

Can you imagine the outrage and conspiracies Fatal?

The overreactions cut both ways although the Lakers end up on the accusatory end because they are simply the best organization in the League.
But that odom trade seems to be in an effort to clear space for howard. So in that sense, there is a method to the lakers madness.

All I'm saying is the lakers have had more than their fair share of transactions that have benifitted them and left people scratching their heads

97 bulls
12-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Not to mention odom made it clear he wanted out.

puppychili
12-13-2011, 02:02 AM
Not to mention odom made it clear he wanted out.

Dude is softer than his wife.

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 02:04 AM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6491/midgetdancing2u.gif
this whole thread is tl;dr

DirtySanchez
12-13-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm moving on now....sucks what happen but lakers still got Kobe pau n Bynum they are still a good team. Some moves will be made soon hopefully a new pg coming to town or back up pf.

DirtySanchez
12-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Just move on...what's done is done. Mayb if Odoms agent didn't ask for a trade twice he would still be in a Laker uniform. Lakers have Shasas trade exception due on the 14 we will see a move soon.

ballup
12-13-2011, 04:40 AM
AND.....you need to learn something about basketball and stop embarrassing yourself.:facepalm

So.....what's your point?!:confusedshrug:
Stern blocked the trade not because Paul was going to the Lakers, it was because of what pieces were going to the Hornets and the fact that the NBA owns the Hornets at the moment. Do you think the NBA wants to own the Hornets? It's not for basketball reasons, it's for business reasons.

You are the one embarrassing himself by throwing a fit online. :oldlol:

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Stern blocked the trade not because Paul was going to the Lakers, it was because of what pieces were going to the Hornets and the fact that the NBA owns the Hornets at the moment. Do you think the NBA wants to own the Hornets? It's not for basketball reasons, it's for business reasons.

You are the one embarrassing himself by throwing a fit online. :oldlol:

Please continue trying to tell me about me, when you know nothing about me to begin with. Makes sense if you don't think about it.:facepalm

Oh, and by the way, the original deal would've been beneficial to ALL 3 TEAMS INVOLVED! EVERYBODY was going to get something out of it, which is what happens in business. So to say he did it for "basketball, business, etc reasons makes no sense whatsoever.:facepalm

Nice try:applause:

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 04:49 AM
Of course I'm throwing a fit online....of course, since you know so much about me that over a computer, you can tell me how I'm supposed to feel. Keeping in mind, you know nothing about me to begin with. Makes sense if you don't think about it.:facepalm

Oh, and by the way, the original deal would've been beneficial to ALL 3 TEAMS INVOLVED! EVERYBODY was going to get something out of it, which is what happens in business. So to say he did it for "basketball, business, etc reasons makes no sense whatsoever.:facepalm

http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/You-Mad-bro.jpg

vinvin01
12-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Please continue trying to tell me about me, when you know nothing about me to begin with. Makes sense if you don't think about it.:facepalm

The fact that it was benefiting all 3 teams is YOUR OPINION. Stop with all the conspiracy theory, Stern didn't cancel the trade because it was the Lakers. That actually doesn't make any sense, since the league makes more money when big market teams go to the finals...
The Hornets won't be in position to contend in the years to come, so they're just gonna make a rebuild process, and to do that they need to clear cap space and get draft picks. It's as easy as that. Btw now that the Lakers traded Odom, they let the Clippers as the only team able to land Chris Paul, so they have leverage and will probably get a better deal than the Lakers would have had : that's how business works, i'm sorry.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 05:03 AM
The fact that it was benefiting all 3 teams is YOUR OPINION. Stop with all the conspiracy theory, Stern didn't cancel the trade because it was the Lakers. That actually doesn't make any sense, since the league makes more money when big market teams go to the finals...
The Hornets won't be in position to contend in the years to come, so they're just gonna make a rebuild process, and to do that they need to clear cap space and get draft picks. It's as easy as that. Btw now that the Lakers traded Odom, they let the Clippers as the only team able to land Chris Paul, so they have leverage and will probably get a better deal than the Lakers would have had : that's how business works, i'm sorry.

Like I'm the one saying that. Go read ANY article about the deal and see for yourself. And, if, according to you, if the deal was so bad, then why was it already in argreement with everybody involved....BEFORE Stern killed it?!

ballup
12-13-2011, 05:04 AM

I'm not telling you anything about your character. There's a difference between pointing out a foolish character and a person who is acting like a fool.

I never said the original deal wouldn't be beneficial to the Hornets. They would have gotten nice pieces, but the business is the NBA's financial situation, not the competition of NBA teams.

Reconsider these the conditions :
1. Hornets don't have an owner outside of the NBA.
2. CP3 draws the crowds to the Hornet's home games.
3. The NBA suffers losses by paying all expenses not covered by ticket/merchandise sales.

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Like I'm the one saying that. Go read ANY article about the deal and see for yourself. And, if, according to you, if the deal was so bad, then why was it already in argreement with everybody involved....BEFORE Stern killed it?!

u lost already. nice try doe:applause: . now log off

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 05:10 AM
I'm not telling you anything about your character. There's a difference between pointing out a foolish character and a person who is acting like a fool.

I never said the original deal wouldn't be beneficial to the Hornets. They would have gotten nice pieces, but the business is the NBA's financial situation, not the competition of NBA teams.

Reconsider these the conditions :
1. Hornets don't have an owner outside of the NBA.
2. CP3 draws the crowds to the Hornet's home games.
3. The NBA suffers losses by paying all expenses not covered by ticket/merchandise sales.

Keep trying. I'm only supposedly "acting a fool" according to you cuz that's what you want to believe. Has nothing to do with me. I'm in control of myself not you so please contonue to sit there telling me how I'm supposed to be feeling, when again, you know nothing about me.

And to say in one sentence that the deal would be BENEFICIAL to all the teams then say it's a "financial situations" sounds like you're grasping at straws just to say something. Beneficial also means everybody would've gotten some money(financial situation) out of it. I say again, if the deal was so supposedly bad, then why did EVERYBODY agree to it....BEFORE Stern killed it?

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Keep trying. I'm only supposedly "acting a fool" according to you cuz that's what you want to believe. Has nothing to do with me. I'm in control of myself not you so please contonue to sit there telling me how I'm supposed to be feeling, when again, you know nothing about me.

And to say in one sentence that the deal would be BENEFICIAL to all the teams then say it's a "financial situations" sounds like you're grasping at straws just to say something. Beneficial also means everybody would've gotten some money(financial situation) out of it. I say again, if the deal was so supposedly bad, then why did EVERYBODY agree to it....BEFORE Stern killed it?

we know everything about you. you're a cry baby cause the lakers didnt get chris paul and you're feelings are hurt so you have to write meaningless posts. you lost already dude. take the L and log off. do it for your family

ballup
12-13-2011, 05:20 AM

You aren't reading my posts carefully. I'm beginning to think I'm being trolled. :lol

Beneficial doesn't have to pertain to finance and I didn't talk about the Hornet's financial situation. And again, I said that the trade would help each team. I didn't say the trade was bad. The reason as to why Stern blocked the deal lies within the conditions I stated in my previous post. Reread it and use your brain to draw a real solution instead of spewing "Stern hates the Lakers and loves the Heat".

305Baller
12-13-2011, 05:21 AM
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5633/94574187.jpg

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 05:23 AM
You aren't reading my posts carefully. I'm beginning to think I'm being trolled. :lol

Beneficial doesn't have to pertain to finance and I didn't talk about the Hornet's financial situation. And again, I said that the trade would help each team. I didn't say the trade was bad. The reason as to why Stern blocked the deal lies within the conditions I stated in my previous post. Reread it.

The only semantic playing troll here is obviously you, since I'm NOT the one TRYING to play semantics all of a sudden.:facepalm

You said the deal was blocked for "financial reasons" which weren't BENEFICIAL(contradicting the word to then say it doesn't mean eveybody gets what they want.Which is exactly what the word really means) to all the teams involved. Which is why they agreed to it anyway, BEFORE Stern killed it. Which also makes no sense whatsoever.:wtf:

Try again:no:

ballup
12-13-2011, 05:47 AM
The only semantic playing troll here is obviously you, since I'm NOT the one here TRYING to play semantics all of a sudden.:facepalm

You said the deal was blocked for "financial reasons" which weren't BENEFICIAL(contradicting the word to then say it doesn't mean eveybody gets what they want.Which is exactly what the word really means) to all the teams involved in the deal. Which is why they agreed to it anyway. Which also makes no sense whatsoever.:wtf:

lol wut? I never stated that "the financial reasons weren't beneficial to the teams involved in the deal." I didn't even say anything about the team's individual finances.

The financial reasons is for the NBA league, not the Hornets nor any other team involved in the deal.

The nice try signature is very similar to alphawolf's "next" signature when he thinks he has owned someone.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 06:00 AM
lol wut? I never stated that "the financial reasons weren't beneficial to the teams involved in the deal." I didn't even say anything about the team's individual finances.

The financial reasons is for the NBA league, not the Hornets nor any other team involved in the deal.

The nice try signature is very similar to alphawolf's "next" signature when he thinks he has owned someone.

Which STILL makes absolutely no sense, since the teams were getting what they wanted out of the deal to generate revenue(money) for the teams AND the league.:facepalm

Oh, and by the way, bringing stuff up that have nothing to do with anything only makes it look more like you have no real point here.:rolleyes:

ballup
12-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Which STILL makes absolutely no sense, since the teams were getting what they wanted out of the deal to generate revenue(money) for the teams AND the league.:facepalm

Since you couldn't figure it out, here's the step by step.

What are the Hornet's missing? An owner.
How do they get an owner? By having the NBA sell the team.
How does the NBA convince a rich person to buy the team? By acquiring a selling point such as young potential or a superstar.

Now do you think someone is willing to buy a team consisting of Odom, Scola, Martin, and Dragic? Also, this is New Orleans we are talking about.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 06:32 AM

How does the NBA convince a rich person to buy the team? By acquiring a selling point such as young potential or a superstar.

Now do you think someone is willing to buy a team consisting of Odom, Scola, Martin, and Dragic? Also, this is New Orleans we are talking about.

Bottom line here is that you're a bandwagon Lebron fan all giddy with excitement cuz just like last year, y'all think the Heat have a lock on the NBA title with the Lakers out of the picture. So, based on that you're going to come up with all kinds of excuses(much like y'all do for Lebron) as to why the deal was so supposedly bad for the league and try to say Stern did the right thing. Even though all 3 teams negotiated fair terms with each other.

Oh and by the way, part of negotiating trades and such involves trading draft picks. You know the thing they hold every year to get young potential or a superstar? You OBVIOUSLY know nothing about basketball. Which is exactly why you constantly say how bad this deal supposedly was but still have yet to come up with ONE VALID REASON, as to why according to you, it was so supposedly bad, and the fact is you're not going to, cuz you could really care less.

Stop embarrassing yourself:rolleyes:

LA_Showtime
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM

I don't see how telling someone you have the chance to acquire a young and up coming team (which they're not) with a superstar point guard (who's leaving) is any better.

RazorBaLade
12-13-2011, 09:09 AM

I'll tell you one thing, no one is buying a team because they are going to have a superstar for 5 months that will leave and shit on your management if they ever ask him about it.

If I wanted to make the hornets sell-able, I would have taken that deal. I would take the clips deal as well, its just the lakers one came first and it was good enough.

I'm a billionaire, I want to buy a team right? The hornets are for sale... Hmm, do I want to own a team that will be tanking for the next 10 years to get another chris paul or or would I rather have a team that can make me money right away?

If sterling was able to keep the clippers profitable, I don't see how another guy who's smart with money can't keep a team afloat when it has 3 borderline all stars. Why rebuild when you can reload? Maybe you can sell DWilliams on a team with Scola and Martin after trading LO+Ariza for a center. Maybe you trade Scola and Martin for someone cheap you can build around. You DO NOT accept trying to break the nets record year after year.

There is no circumstance where you take a shitty team with a chance at a lottery ball to build a future when you can just reload. That is, unless you are Stern and want to make Bron your next michael jordan. Speaking of MJ, he bought a shitty charlotte team that wasnt good enough to make playoffs but wasnt good to rebuild through draft. Prokhorov bought the nets while they are out of playoffs but hes not building through the draft.

bigdog13
12-13-2011, 10:16 AM

Its just that simple.

Then why doesn't Stern and the league just contrast the league and wipe out those teams that people do not want to watch?

Sarcastic
12-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Then why doesn't Stern and the league just contrast the league and wipe out those teams that people do not want to watch?

Good question.

ballup
12-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Bottom line here is that you're a bandwagon Lebron fan all giddy with excitement cuz just like last year, y'all think the Heat have a lock on the NBA title with the Lakers out of the picture. So, based on that you're going to come up with all kinds of excuses(much like y'all do for Lebron) as to why the deal was so supposedly bad for the league and try to say Stern did the right thing. Even though all 3 teams negotiated fair terms with each other.

Oh and by the way, part of negotiating trades and such involves trading draft picks. You know the thing they hold every year to get young potential or a superstar? You OBVIOUSLY know nothing about basketball. Which is exactly why you constantly say how bad this deal supposedly was but still have yet to come up with ONE VALID REASON, as to why according to you, it was so supposedly bad, and the fact is you're not going to, cuz you could really care less.

Stop embarrassing yourself:rolleyes:
:roll: This is priceless. Stop accusing me of things I am not and stop accusing me of typing things I didn't type. I never said the deal was bad in this thread nor did I say I approved Stern's actions. Me being a Lebron fan:oldlol: :applause:

Can anyone bring out a troll meter? This is too good to be true. Either my sleep deprivation has vaulted me into a fantasy land or this guy's reading comprehension skills are fogged hard by homerism.

I don't see how telling someone you have the chance to acquire a young and up coming team (which they're not) with a superstar point guard (who's leaving) is any better.
Stern wants to have more marketable pieces to be the selling points of the Hornets. That's why the league is demanding so much during the talks with the Clippers. Stern probably thinks that the best chance is to make the team look like a good investment, which, realistically, would be to make them a potential team. Moving the Hornets is the last thing he wants.

I'll tell you one thing, no one is buying a team because they are going to have a superstar for 5 months that will leave and shit on your management if they ever ask him about it.

If I wanted to make the hornets sell-able, I would have taken that deal. I would take the clips deal as well, its just the lakers one came first and it was good enough.

I'm a billionaire, I want to buy a team right? The hornets are for sale... Hmm, do I want to own a team that will be tanking for the next 10 years to get another chris paul or or would I rather have a team that can make me money right away?

If sterling was able to keep the clippers profitable, I don't see how another guy who's smart with money can't keep a team afloat when it has 3 borderline all stars. Why rebuild when you can reload? Maybe you can sell DWilliams on a team with Scola and Martin after trading LO+Ariza for a center. Maybe you trade Scola and Martin for someone cheap you can build around. You DO NOT accept trying to break the nets record year after year.

There is no circumstance where you take a shitty team with a chance at a lottery ball to build a future when you can just reload. That is, unless you are Stern and want to make Bron your next michael jordan. Speaking of MJ, he bought a shitty charlotte team that wasnt good enough to make playoffs but wasnt good to rebuild through draft. Prokhorov bought the nets while they are out of playoffs but hes not building through the draft.
That's why they are actively trying to milk the best deal possible for Paul. They know his value is high after that playoff series with the Lakers.

The Laker's original deal would have made them a mediocre/playoff sniffing team in the west, but it's not really an attractive situation billionaires would like to invest in. The best players they receive are near 30, which will make the short run investment short of worth it. But, these owners are in it for the long haul and if the league has trouble selling the team right now, the potential owners would not want to buy this team because they know they would have to sell the team at a much lower price than what they bought it for. Potential owners are not in it to make a quick buck. Getting a young and potential filled team is the better marketable team.

The Clippers deal is the better deal for the league's intentions. They will be a bad team maybe the next two seasons, but if having 2 picks in the next draft would bolster their standings. If the deal included Gordon, then they may even be playoff bound.

You might be able to trade the guys included in the Lakers deal for good pieces. I'm not saying that isn't a viable strategy. If I'm not mistaken, taking on more salaries would affect the rest of the league and I don't think Stern wants to deal with another stampede of complaints from the other owners. Stern wants to sell this team as quickly as possible and have that owner keep the team for a long time.

It's amazing how the Clippers are still around with such bad management, but I'm guessing the best variable to explain why is their location. Being in LA helps them vastly and for NJ, being so close to NYC helps.

Wasn't MJ a minority owner until a couple of years ago? And from what people describe of his personality, he likes competition and probably doesn't want the easy road. And as I said, Stern isn't building a nice team that is a contender or a playoff bound team. He just wants someone to take it off the league's hands. The more time that the Hornets are not bought, the more money is taken from the league because they have to pay for the stuff the owner usually would.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=ballup]:roll: This is priceless. Stop accusing me of things I am not and stop accusing me of typing things I didn't type. I never said the deal was bad in this thread nor did I say I approved Stern's actions. Me being a Lebron fan:oldlol: :applause:

Can anyone bring out a troll meter? This is too good to be true. Either my sleep deprivation has vaulted me into a fantasy land or this guy's reading comprehension skills are fogged hard by homerism.

Love it how when the minute you bandwagon Lebron fans(evident by you being so all giddy of this deal being nixed, when REAL NBA fans can see what's really going on) own yourself and make yourself look stupid, y'all AUTOMATICALLY backpedal and pretend you never said this or that. FORGETTING that REASONABLE people can just scroll back up the page(s) and see exactly what you said. Then it's ALWAYS "oh...I'm no Lebron fan, but I STILL feel this URGENT NEED to defend him and everything he does, just like one." All while trying to call yourselves REAL NBA fans just to sound objective. When it's apparent to ANYBODY with a brain and ANY kind of common sense, whe it comes to Lebron y'all are anything but.

Oh, and by the way, the ONLY people all giddy with excitement over the deal being killed just happen to be either haters or bandwagon Lebron fans. One last thing, the ONLY troll here is OBVIOUSLY you, since 1)you're the one trying to act like you never said anything(although your previous posts say otherwise), and 2) feel this URGENT NEED to respond to a basketball conversation with pathetic childish insults, cuz the "heat" is getting to you.

Please continue to further embarrass yourself:facepalm

ballup
12-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Love it how when the minute you bandwagon Lebron fans(evident by you being so all giddy of this deal being nixed, when REAL NBA fans can see what's really going on) own yourself and make yourself look stupid, y'all AUTOMATICALLY backpedal and pretend you never said this or that. FORGETTING that REASONABLE people can just scroll back up the page(s) and see exactly what you said. Then it's ALWAYS "oh...I'm no Lebron fan, but I STILL feel this URGENT NEED to defend him and everything he does, just like one." All while trying to call yourselves REAL NBA fans just to sound objective. When it's apparent to ANYBODY with a brain and ANY kind of common sense, whe it comes to Lebron y'all are anything but.

Oh, and by the way, the ONLY people all giddy with excitement over the deal being killed just happen to be either haters or bandwagon Lebron fans, so please continue to further embarrass yourself:facepalm
Quote me on any instance in this thread in which I have indicated that I'm a Lebron fan or I have stated that the original Laker deal was bad. :D

I think I'm embarrassing myself by trying to have an actual conversation you.

PJR
12-13-2011, 01:50 PM
This lakersreign dude is a square. Stop posting dude....:oldlol:

vinvin01
12-13-2011, 01:57 PM

I don't even need to prove it was bad. I don't even think the deal was bad. The owner of the Hornets decided it was not good enough for him, that's it. And doesn't anybody think that Stern just wanted to have teams giving him a bigger offer ?

I'm gonna say it again : business is business and Chris Paul's price is going down because the Lakers traded Odom... So stop acting like Stern just wants to help the Clippers, he just lost every leverage he had !

edit : I hate LeBron, I mean I knowledge he's a great player but I just can't be a fan of a douchebag. And just because we don't share your opinion doesn't mean you should try to find a reason why we don't agree. We have a different opinion without being Heat fans, yes that's possible.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote me on any instance in this thread in which I have indicated that I'm a Lebron fan or I have stated that the original Laker deal was bad. :D

I think I'm embarrassing myself by trying to have an actual conversation you.

Keep trying dude.....just....keep....trying. Like I just said in my last post. The ONLY people all giddy with excitement over this deal being killed are either haters, or bandwagon Lebron fans. Oh, and by the way, if you really wanted have a conversation, you stand by your previous posts, INSTEAD of trying to haul a** from them acting like you never said anything. Ironically, that's exactly the same thing bandwagon Lebron fans do when they make themselves look stupid.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't even need to prove it was bad. I don't even think the deal was bad. The owner of the Hornets decided it was not good enough for him, that's it. And doesn't anybody think that Stern just wanted to have teams giving him a bigger offer ?

I'm gonna say it again : business is business and Chris Paul's price is going down because the Lakers traded Odom... So stop acting like Stern just wants to help the Clippers, he just lost every leverage he had !

edit : I hate LeBron, I mean I knowledge he's a great player but I just can't be a fan of a douchebag. And just because we don't share your opinion doesn't mean you should try to find a reason why we don't agree. We have a different opinion without being Heat fans, yes that's possible.

Uh huh.:rolleyes:

You STILL have NO ANSWER as to why all 3 teams had agreed to the deal BEFORE Stern KO'd it....why is that?!:confusedshrug:

stallionaire
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
+1 Rep.

This.

Sarcastic
12-13-2011, 02:10 PM

You STILL have NO ANSWER as to why all 3 teams had agreed to the deal BEFORE Stern KO'd it....why is that?!:confusedshrug:

Basketball reasons.

32Dayz
12-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Lakers are finally paying for Kobes sins.

:applause:

ballup
12-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Keep trying dude.....just....keep....trying. Like I just said in my last post. The ONLY people all giddy with excitement over this deal being killed are either haters, or bandwagon Lebron fans. Oh, and by the way, if you really wanted have a conversation, you stand by your previous posts, INSTEAD of trying to haul a** from them acting like you never said anything. Ironically, that's exactly the same thing bandwagon Lebron fans do when they make themselves look stupid.

:roll: I think I'm done here. I wish I could win all my debates in life this easily.

puppychili
12-13-2011, 02:18 PM

Because as the owner of the Hornets, Stern has the right to void a trade he feels is not in the best interests of his team FOR WHATEVER REASON. If Jerry Buss wanted to he could of pulled the Lakers out of the deal too even after the GMs agreed to it if he felt it was a bad trade for the Lakers.

As a Laker hater I'm not giddy about this. It just cracks me up that of all fans, Laker fans now have some sort of persecution complex.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 02:19 PM
:roll: I think I'm done here. I wish I could win all my debates in life this easily.

Yeah....I know....right. If I kept talking in circles with NO REAL POINT WHATSOEVER, and backpedalled on EVERYTHING I said, while TRYING to say I was debating(the very OPPOSITE of the word), I'd run away like you're doing right now too.:facepalm

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Lakers are finally paying for Kobes sins.

:applause:

I am an assistant to a Real Estate Broker in Manhattan.

I make 600 a week with no benefits.

When am I mad?? :oldlol:

I just think Kobe is overrated and arrogant so I enjoy arguing against people who overrate him.

I dont dislike Kobe and I never say bad things about him.
I can appreciate him and I consider him one of the GOAT and one of the top 2-5 SG ever.

:facepalm

32Dayz
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM

I didn't say anything about Kobe. :eek:

I was talking about his many sins which the Lakers are now paying for.

RRR3
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
KOBEEEEE!!!! DA GOAT! SLURP SMACK MMM! :bowdown: :bowdown:

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
I didn't say anything about Kobe. :eek:

I was talking about his many sins which the Lakers are now paying for.

Notice how the first and last part of the post contradict each other?!:rolleyes:

Please continue dancing around, embarrassing yourself, THINKING somebody other than you is taking you seriously:facepalm

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 02:26 PM

DAMN....it's "Quote Posts That Don't Exist" Day today and NOBODY told me?!:wtf:

Good luck with that:facepalm

vinvin01
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
LakersReign, I think you're just too passionnate about it. We're discussing the trade (or actually the non-trade), and you're making it sound like the only possible way to have a different opinion is to be a Lakers hater.

I understand why you think Stern wanted to screw your team. Actually he kinda did, because he cancelled the trade. But he just had every right to do so, that's why I don't see how it wa outrageous. Yes the GM agreed, but he's the owner and if he feels the trade is not good enough for him, it's his job to cancel it.

With that said, there's obviously a conflit of interest, and every decision he makes as the Hornets owner will create a debate and a conspiracy theory. Let's hope a buyer comes for NO.

Hernando
12-13-2011, 03:01 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/That_Bobbys_World/Don_Vito_Animated_Gif_by_rpglord.gif

This was a cool story.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 03:01 PM
LakersReign, I think you're just too passionnate about it. We're discussing the trade (or actually the non-trade), and you're making it sound like the only possible way to have a different opinion is to be a Lakers hater.

I understand why you think Stern wanted to screw your team. Actually he kinda did, because he cancelled the trade. But he just had every right to do so, that's why I don't see how it wa outrageous. Yes the GM agreed, but he's the owner and if he feels the trade is not good enough for him, it's his job to cancel it.

With that said, there's obviously a conflit of interest, and every decision he makes as the Hornets owner will create a debate and a conspiracy theory. Let's hope a buyer comes for NO.

AGAIN, with the telling me about me while knowing nothing about me to begin with....huh?!:rolleyes:

Lebron fans and haters wanna play this "oh...well, y'all need to look at this objectively" nonsense, when y'all should be the last people trying to talk about objectivity. Oh, and by the way, if I'm passionate about it, it's cuz I'm a REAL NBA FAN...FIRST....THEN a Laker fan. But y'all wouldn't know anything about that, or really don't care just as long as the Lakers get screwed over.....right?! Read my posts again and holla back:no:

vinvin01
12-13-2011, 03:07 PM
AGAIN, with the telling me about me while knowing nothing about me to begin with....huh?!:rolleyes:

Lebron fans and haters wanna play this "oh...well, y'all need to look at this objectively" nonsense, when y'all should be the last people trying to talk about objectivity. Read my posts again and holla back:no:

I'm just telling what's obvious about you. You have a Lakers fan login, and post half of the replies on this trade. And as soon as somebody expressed a different opinion, you assumed he was a Lebron fan.
But I wasn't being mad about you being passionnate. It's good to be passionnate, but you're are so mad about this non-trade that happened several days ago. Nothing personnal, I just don't get it :confusedshrug:

Well I'm gonna stop posting on this trade, I said all I had to say.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm just telling what's obvious about you. You have a Lakers fan login, and post half of the replies on this trade. And as soon as somebody expressed a different opinion, you assumed he was a Lebron fan.
But I wasn't being mad about you being passionnate. It's good to be passionnate, but you're are so mad about this non-trade that happened several days ago. Nothing personnal, I just don't get it :confusedshrug:

Well I'm gonna stop posting on this trade, I said all I had to say.

So....according to you, that AUTOMATICALLY means I have no objectivity as far as the NBA is concerned.....right?!:wtf:

Don't look now, but you OBVIOUSLY have me confused for a Lebron fan:facepalm

Oh, and by the way, if Stern's actions were so "above board" then why is it that "for basetball reasons" is now one of the biggest jokes of catchphrases now?! Cuz people really know what's going on versus you haters being all blind cuz you're so giddy with excitement over the lakers get screwed.:no:

And please continue trying to tell me about me since you know so much about me that you know nothing about me to begin with.:facepalm

glidedrxlr22
12-13-2011, 03:14 PM
and you're making it sound like the only possible way to have a different opinion is to be a Lakers hater.

This is typical of a lot of Laker fans.

Sarcastic
12-13-2011, 03:14 PM
It's not even about being a Laker fan, a Laker hater, or anything like that. It was a business decision on how best to maintain the value of a franchise that needs to be sold.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 03:18 PM
This is typical of a lot of Laker fans.

Right. This coming from Lebron fans who act like they're gonna have a heart attack cuz REASONABLE NBA fans aren't in love with Lebron like they are and know enough about basketball to say something bad about him?!:applause:

Oh wait....let me guess....you're NOT a Lebron fan.....right?!:rolleyes:

glidedrxlr22
12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Not a Lebron fan....do think he's the best player though.

Blazers fan....glidedrxlr22=Clyde the "glide" Drexler #22

I live in S. Cali and many a Laker fans cry hater when one disagrees with them.

LakersReign
12-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Not a Lebron fan....do think he's the best player though.

Blazers fan....glidedrxlr22=Clyde the "glide" Drexler #22

I live in S. Cali and many a Laker fans cry hater when one disagrees with them.

Right. This coming from Lebron fans who act like they're gonna have a heart attack cuz REASONABLE NBA fans aren't in love with Lebron like they are and know enough about basketball to say something bad about him?!:applause:

Oh wait....let me guess....you're NOT a Lebron fan.....right?!:rolleyes:

Uh huh:facepalm

eliteballer
12-17-2011, 05:09 AM
The league lets the Clips trade Gordon and a bag of peanuts over multiple all-stars?!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

clipps
12-17-2011, 07:50 AM
The league lets the Clips trade Gordon and a bag of peanuts over multiple all-stars?!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Gordon: A young, athletic SG who's one of the top in the his position and only getting better
Kaman: A big expirer and quality legit 7 foot starting center
AFA: A young, athletic prospect with length that can play defense and become a vital role player
Minny's Draft pick UNPROTECTED: 2012's draft pool is beyond amazing and the Wolves are going to be one of the worst teams in the league again.

Try again.

poido123
12-17-2011, 08:15 AM

other small market team fans, gtfo, OP is correct, people hate us simply because we have the best run organization in the sport, we are being punished by the league for having a team with lots of strong assets and the best front office and ownership.

Karma..The 2002 Kings series debacle comes to mind. No one is going to feel sorry for the Lakers, deal with it. People dont hate the Lakers because they are successful, they hate them because they have some of the worst fans..There are some good ones, but the Kobe clan are some of the worst and unknowledgeable..

poido123
12-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Gordon: A young, athletic SG who's one of the top in the his position and only getting better
AFA: A young, athletic prospect with length that can play defense and become a vital role player
Minny's Draft pick UNPROTECTED: 2012's draft pool is beyond amazing and the Wolves are going to be one of the worst teams in the league again.

Try again.

Spot on here, anyone on ISh apart from the diehard Lakers fans have said that Clippers lost out on this deal..

32jazz
12-17-2011, 08:29 AM

Try again.

Odom had a $10 million dollar or so expirer as well. Plus the other deal netted you Scola, Kevin Martin, Dragic,etc....

The league whines about "competitive balance' yet they pass on the trade that gives them a fairly dam good team or pieces to trade to tank the season in hopes they can hit it big in the lottery? What if those picks are flops like Kwame, Kandi Man,Adam Morrison, etc.........

There are no Shaq's (absolute sure things) in next years drafts. Franchises like Charlotte and NO who go through this perpetual tanking in hopes if hitting it big in the lottery are the problem.

What fan wants to continue to pay his hard earned money to see tanking franchises? What quality free agent wants to play for management who aren't trying to win?

When Magic was forced to retire the Lakers never, ever tanked and actually fielded several very fun teams that the fans and prospective free agents could respect. A franchise who always wants to compete.

kumquat
12-17-2011, 08:41 AM

I'd take Gordon, Minnesota's top pick and an expiring Kaman over the bunch of overpaid trash they were going to get.

32jazz
12-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Spot on here, anyone on ISh apart from the diehard Lakers fans have said that Clippers lost out on this deal..

Gordon was a lost ,but will probably never be any more productive than Martin. The Clippers and others have been tanking and winning lottery draft picks for decades and it proves draft picks don't always work out dude.

Losing and counting on unknown future 19 year old draft picks(without a Shaq ,Duncan ,D Rob,etc..available) is a pathetic way to build a franchise and build trust among potential free agents.:facepalm

32Dayz
12-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Clippers are trying to win now.

Gordon was a good player but CP3 is more valuable now and will help aid in the development of Griffin/Jordan.

Cant say it was a bad move by the Clippers really I think overall it worked out well for them.

32jazz
12-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Clippers are trying to win now.

Gordon was a good player but CP3 is more valuable now and will help aid in the development of Griffin/Jordan.

Cant say it was a bad move by the Clippers really I think overall it worked out well for them.

And for the first time ever the Clippers have been rewarded for trying to win by selling out All tickets this season because as I have said fans appreciate teams who wish to compete. And free agents respect teams and want to play for those who are trying to compete now and not fritter away seasons hoping for draft picks to workout.

Eric Gordon will probably never ever sell out an arena in his career nor are those draft picks sure things. And chances are those picks won't be as good as Chris Paul.

Stuckey
12-17-2011, 09:30 AM
wow 13 pages for a whine thread

BarberSchool
12-17-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g