PDA

View Full Version : People Are Forgetting The Clippers Curse

LosBulls
12-13-2011, 03:04 AM
If Dwight or Paul land on the Clippers....it isn't gonna end well....

Here are the Top 5 Examples of the Clipper Curse:

1.Danny Manning In a case eerily similar to Blake Griffin injury, Danny Manning, the Clippers #1 overall pick in 1988, blew out his knee in his rookie season. Manning went on to a decent NBA career, but many feel he failed to reach his star potential.

2.Terry Cummings The team's #2 overall pick in 1982, was diagnosed with heart arrhythmia, a potentially fatal disease. Cummings fortunately survived his tenure with the Clippers, although he failed to become a major NBA star.

3.Norm Nixon After getting traded to the Clips in 1983, former Lakers star Norm Nixon had a couple of productive years with the Clippers. Then he blew out his knee during a softball game, then ruptured his Achilles tendon a little more than a year later. He missed more than two entire seasons for the Clips.

4.Nate 'Tiny' Archibald In 1977, the Clippers traded two 1st round draft picks for All-Star Nate 'Tiny' Archibald. One month later, Archibald tears his Achilles tendon and misses the entire season.

5.Daniel Ewing and Raja Bell According to Simmons, another sign of the Clipper curse was the team's cursed 2005 playoff run. In his open letter to Blake Griffin, Simmons told Griffin to "google 'Daniel Ewing' and 'Raja Bell.'"
Here's what he would have found:

During the 2005 Western Conference semi-final between the Los Angeles Clippers and Phoenix Suns, Raja Bell helped the Suns win Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals by hitting a huge 3-pointer in overtime over Ewing. Why Dunleavy decided to have an inexperienced guard like Ewing on the floor during such a crucial game situation is something that most basketball fans--Simmons included--will never understand.

The Game 5 win changed the complexion of the series and the Suns went on to dispose of the Clips in six games.

Things haven't gone well for Ewing since then. After being waived by the Clippers in 2007, Ewing has played professionally in Poland, most recently for Asseco Prokom Sopot.

*OTHER PROOF OF CLIPPERS CURSE*
-Remember Clippers Player Lorenzen Wright?-
Found dead in the woods somewhere last year.

-Remember Malik Sealy?-
[B]Killed in May 2000 at the age of 30 in a car accident while driving home from Kevin Garnett

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 03:05 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11946/12233612.jpg

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 03:07 AM
Funny that somebody would put together such a detailed and lengthy post to insult another franchise. I think you're getting a little nervous about how good the Clippers can be bro. Mad because Caron got pulled right from under you?

Fawker
12-13-2011, 03:07 AM
curse? :confusedshrug:

TheCalmInsanity
12-13-2011, 03:08 AM
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/slowman41/n1b782.gif

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 03:09 AM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/19764-mad.jpg

LosBulls
12-13-2011, 03:09 AM
Funny that somebody would put together such a detailed and lengthy post to insult another franchise. I think you're getting a little nervous about how good the Clippers can be bro. Mad because Caron got pulled right from under you?
Not insulting the Clips. Mad because your the red headed step son?

TheCalmInsanity
12-13-2011, 03:11 AM

Mad cause you're the only one in this thread who agrees.. with yourself?

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 03:11 AM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8489/hejellyohhejelly.jpg

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 03:12 AM

What is there to be mad about? Clippers are doing big things right now. Sounds like you're a little kid who's sad the Bulls aren't dominating the headlines like the Clips right now. Clippers have unquestionably had the best offseason of all teams which is funny considering of the volume of tards saying they don't want to contend/improve etc.

LosBulls
12-13-2011, 03:12 AM
Mad cause you're the only one in this thread who agrees.. with yourself?
Don't need anybody in this thread to agree with me. It's a warning.

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 03:13 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Los do me a favor. Find another NBA player who missed a rookie season with a knee injury. Then returns the next year and puts up 22.5 ppg, 12 rpg, 4 apg becoming the first unanimous rookie of the year winner in 20 years since David Robinson. As well as being the only player on the team to play all 82 games and play heavy minutes.

I'll be waiting! :applause:

DStebb716
12-13-2011, 03:15 AM
He isn't insulting anybody. He is just stating facts. It's mind-boggling.

LosBulls
12-13-2011, 03:15 AM
What is there to be mad about? Clippers are doing big things right now. Sounds like you're a little kid who's sad the Bulls aren't dominating the headlines like the Clips right now. Clippers have unquestionably had the best offseason of all teams which is funny because of the volume of tards saying they don't want to contend/improve etc.

1. Sign Caron Butler

2. Sign Chauncey Billups for a crazy bargain of 2 mill

3. Match DJ

4. Still the leaders/prime negotiating party for CP3

Not to mention the team is looking like a pro with the timing and negotiating of everything.

Let me finish the list for you.

5. Sign Chris Paul.
6. Caron Butler brakes a leg while bowling with friends.
7. Chauncy's knees give out on him and is forced to retire.
8. CP3 trips on an ice cube while leaving Staples Center and is out for the season.
9. Blake Griffin is traded and goes on to become a Hall Of Famer
10. Get another 1st Pick and repeat the cycle.

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 03:16 AM
He isn't insulting anybody. He is just stating facts. It's mind-boggling.

Yup. Clippers history is bar none the most interesting and mind boggling in the NBA in the way of freak accidents/circumstances etc. Doesn't mean the team is cursed. Means management was retarded as well as the rest of our front office etc.

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 03:17 AM

5. Sign Chris Paul.
8. CP3 trips on an ice cube while leaving Staples Center and is out for the season.

I'm just going to let your troll thread die now. Have a good one! :cheers:

TheCalmInsanity
No guys, we should be nice to him.. He took a lot of time to create this thread. Let's read it, it might have some useful information...

(please insert ******* here)

http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-31020468-6936/295-340/borat-not-jb.jpg

JohnnyFord

5. Sign Chris Paul.
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp117/vb278607/Wait-You-mad-bro.jpg

LosBulls
12-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Los do me a favor. Find another NBA player who missed a rookie season with a knee injury. Then returns the next year and puts up 22.5 ppg, 12 rpg, 4 apg becoming the first unanimous rookie of the year winner in 20 years since David Robinson. As well as being the only player on the team to play all 82 games and play heavy minutes.

I'll be waiting! :applause:
And you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. I understand your team is doing great and I wish the best for Blake Griffin and Chauncy but the more you hype yourself up the harder the fall will be when the curse decides to strike.

Go back and read my post, all the All Star players they got all played great for a couple seasons *WITHOUT WINNING ANYTHING* and then the curse hit em.

LosBulls
12-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Yup. Clippers history is bar none the most interesting and mind boggling in the NBA in the way of freak accidents/circumstances etc. Doesn't mean the team is cursed. Means management was retarded as well as the rest of our front office etc.
Yeah because it's the management's fault that freak car accidents happened and players were murdered, huh?

Let me guess, Sterling was the drunk driver that took Malik Sealy's life?

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 03:21 AM
And you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. I understand your team is doing great and I wish the best for Blake Griffin and Chauncy but the more you hype yourself up the harder the fall will be when the curse decides to strike.

Go back and read my post, all the All Star players they got all played great for a couple seasons *WITHOUT WINNING ANYTHING* and then the curse hit em.

I'm sure any legit Clippers fan knows about the franchise misfortunes. Doesn't mean it's a curse. Doesn't mean it will happen more. People act like Livingston was some savior or some sh**. Dude was a solid PG with solid potential... similar to current Ricky Rubio. Good height, elite court vision, not much else.

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 03:21 AM
Yeah because it's the management's fault that freak car accidents happened and players were murdered, huh?

http://t.qkme.me/35czlz.jpg

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 03:22 AM

:facepalm . Dude it's just bad logic. I'm sure tons of ex NBA players have died young due to their reckless lifestyle. Think about how the guys you listed died. Speeding in fast cars, drug deals gone bad etc. Has nothing to do with a curse. If they died while doing something MUCH less dangerous maybe we could look at it as a curse.

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 03:23 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/forever_alone_postcard-p239157968649736972z8iat_400.jpg

FourthTenor
12-13-2011, 03:25 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11946/12233612.jpg
:roll:

LosBulls
12-13-2011, 03:26 AM
I'm sure any legit Clippers fan knows about the franchise misfortunes. Doesn't mean it's a curse. Doesn't mean it will happen more. People act like Livingston was some savior or some sh**. Dude was a solid PG with solid potential... similar to current Ricky Rubio. Good height, elite court vision, not much else.
You're delusional, you know there's a curse but don't want to believe there is one. You know there are misfortunes and want to tell yourself they are mere coincidences...

http://troll.me/images/bert/really-bro.jpg

jwmann2
12-13-2011, 04:04 AM
[QUOTE=LosBulls]If Dwight or Paul land on the Clippers....it isn't gonna end well....

Here are the Top 5 Examples of the Clipper Curse:

1.Danny Manning In a case eerily similar to Blake Griffin injury, Danny Manning, the Clippers #1 overall pick in 1988, blew out his knee in his rookie season. Manning went on to a decent NBA career, but many feel he failed to reach his star potential.
2.Terry Cummings The team's #2 overall pick in 1982, was diagnosed with heart arrhythmia, a potentially fatal disease. Cummings fortunately survived his tenure with the Clippers, although he failed to become a major NBA star.
3.Norm Nixon After getting traded to the Clips in 1983, former Lakers star Norm Nixon had a couple of productive years with the Clippers. http://www.fromthisseat.com Then he blew out his knee during a softball game, then ruptured his Achilles tendon a little more than a year later. He missed more than two entire seasons for the Clips.4.Nate 'Tiny' Archibald In 1977, the Clippers traded two 1st round draft picks for All-Star Nate 'Tiny' Archibald. One month later, Archibald tears his Achilles tendon and misses the entire season.

5.Daniel Ewing and Raja Bell According to Simmons, another sign of the Clipper curse was the team's cursed 2005 playoff run. In his open letter to Blake Griffin, Simmons told Griffin to "google 'Daniel Ewing' and 'Raja Bell.'"
Here's what he would have found:

*OTHER PROOF OF CLIPPERS CURSE*
-Remember Clippers Player Lorenzen Wright?-
Found dead in the woods somewhere last year.

-Remember Malik Sealy?-
[B]Killed in May 2000 at the age of 30 in a car accident while driving home from Kevin Garnett

Kyle_korver
12-13-2011, 05:00 AM
That Livingston situation was crazy .. I rember in slam magazine they were comparing him and d wade .. Even tho d wade is better.. The fact compared them shows how good he was n Blake griffins rookie injury was crazy also .. He had to work his ass off to come back from that so idk .. Maybe they are cursed .. Elton brand had hall of fame potential then out of nowhere he was just a solid player:violin:

Kornheiser
12-13-2011, 05:06 AM
Believing in curses

http://i.imgur.com/q5hUN.jpg

MooseJuiceBowen
12-13-2011, 05:16 AM

shit man im gonna rep you. these clipper fans this year think they drafted jordan this year I really dont get it. what the **** has the clippers owner or front office EVER done to show they can even GET to the playoffs let alone win a 7 game series. ****ing joke of a TEAM. ****ING JOKE OF A FRANCHISE. ****ING JOKE OF FANS WHO THINK THEY WILL RESIGN BLAKE LOL. ****ING JOKE OF A OWNER. ****ING JOKE OF A TWO TEAMS IN ONE CITY. ****ING JOKE

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 05:17 AM
shit man im gonna rep you. these clipper fans this year think they drafted jorda this year I really dont get it. what the **** has the clippers owner or front office EVER done to show they can even GET to the playoffs let alone win a 7 game series. ****ing joke of a TEAM. ****ING JOKE OF A FRANCHISE. ****ING JOKE OF FANS WHO THINK THEY WILL RESIGN BLAKE LOL. ****ING JOKE OF A OWNER. ****ING JOKE OF A TWO TEAMS IN ONE CITY. ****ING JOKE
can u tell everyone what the definition of UPSIDE is?

MooseJuiceBowen
12-13-2011, 05:17 AM
can u tell everyone what the definition of UPSIDE is?

say something I can use. like.... the clippers record will be better then the spurs record this year. say something like that. f@ggot

you mad the clippers ****in blow?

worst franchise in league HISTORY.

MUST SUCK TO BE A FAN OF THAT TEAM

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 05:19 AM
say something I can use. like.... the clippers record will be better then the spurs record this year. say something like that. f@ggot

you mad the clippers ****in blow?
i see you still dont know what UPSIDE means.
i guess education isn't important to you.
but on the real doe you just jealous and
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001564865/2533313961_YOU_MAD_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

devin112
12-13-2011, 05:25 AM
Lay down the hateraide, you've had enough.

KeylessEntry
12-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Its not so much the clipper curse as it is bad karma for donald sterling. That dude is just a bad person straight up.

senelcoolidge
12-13-2011, 05:32 AM
What about the Bulls curse? Once Jordan left the franchise was curse to never win a championship again. I'm not superstitious.

bluechox2
12-13-2011, 05:35 AM
What about the Bulls curse? Once Jordan left the franchise was curse to never win a championship again. I'm not superstitious.

who said that? when jordan left, no free agent wanted to join the bulls to follow his legacy....u build a new team with drafting to supersede it

TheCalmInsanity
12-13-2011, 05:46 AM
shit man im gonna rep you. these clipper fans this year think they drafted jordan this year I really dont get it. what the **** has the clippers owner or front office EVER done to show they can even GET to the playoffs let alone win a 7 game series. ****ing joke of a TEAM. ****ING JOKE OF A FRANCHISE. ****ING JOKE OF FANS WHO THINK THEY WILL RESIGN BLAKE LOL. ****ING JOKE OF A OWNER. ****ING JOKE OF A TWO TEAMS IN ONE CITY. ****ING JOKE

1. A rep from you is like a homeless person giving someone the sour patch kid that has been in his pants pocket for the last 3 weeks.

2. How did we draft Jordan this year? We had the number 35 and 47 pick, you tard. Have we once told you about someone that we drafted this year?

3. Do you mean in the past, when we had a completely incompetent GM? Yes, in those days, we didn't do anything. But after him... Haven't we been very active? And ironically.. We DID get to the playoffs, AND win a 7 game series...

4. Why won't we resign Blake? You think we'll give Deandre 11 mil, but won't give Blake the max contract? You do know that Blake is going to be a RESTRICTED free agent, right? Meaning, no matter what a team offers him Clippers can match it?

5. Learn to write properly, I want to read a post not observe constellations in the night sky with all your asterisks.

JohnnyFord
12-13-2011, 06:06 AM
1. A rep from you is like a homeless person giving someone the sour patch kid that has been in his pants pocket for the last 3 weeks.

2. How did we draft Jordan this year? We had the number 35 and 47 pick, you tard. Have we once told you about someone that we drafted this year?

3. Do you mean in the past, when we had a completely incompetent GM? Yes, in those days, we didn't do anything. But after him... Haven't we been very active? And ironically.. We DID get to the playoffs, AND win a 7 game series...

4. Why won't we resign Blake? You think we'll give Deandre 11 mil, but won't give Blake the max contract? You do know that Blake is going to be a RESTRICTED free agent, right? Meaning, no matter what a team offers him Clippers can match it?

5. Learn to write properly, I want to read a post not observe constellations in the night sky with all your asterisks.
hes a dumbass hes just jealous the clippers got more upside than the spurs. but on the real he is literally a dumbass he doesnt even know what upside means lmao. nothing this dude posts is worth even reading cause he always posts the same thing saying "spurs have more UPSIDE than clippers because the clippers front office sucks and in the past the spurs have had better seasons so the clippers and their fans will always suck because in the past they suck. upside isnt about the future or even the players one the team but the past blah blah blah".

hammer2010
12-13-2011, 06:32 AM
http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/shaunlivingston.jpg

Holy sh*t Shaun Livingston had some skinny knees. If he hadn't destroyed his knee playing basketball he would have done it walking to the bathroom sometime.

TonyJones
12-13-2011, 07:27 AM
I don't believe in curses

During the decades teams have their chance to shine. The clippers will have their time in the sun, its coming.

LosBulls
12-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Bump.

LosBulls
04-28-2014, 04:57 PM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/19764-mad.jpg
People made fun of me....

LosBulls
04-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Sup bruh.

LosBulls
04-28-2014, 10:53 PM
The one year the Clippers are actually looking like contenders this happens..