PDA

View Full Version : Josh McRoberts, Gerald Green signs with Lakers

Rowe
12-13-2011, 04:10 PM
[quote]
The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired free agents Josh McRoberts and Gerald Green, according to multiple reports.

McRoberts, a 6-10 power forward out of Duke, has spent four seasons in the NBA, the last three with the Pacers. He

Deuce Bigalow
12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Well, I like the McRoberts signing, not too bad

IGOTGAME
12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
McRoberts is a good signing.

From Christmas day on he will become overrated by Loki.

LA_Showtime
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
So these are the big moves Kupchak was talking about. Nice.

In all seriousness, i think McRoberts is an absolute steal. He doesn't come close to replacing Lamar though. I'm actually more worried about replacing the intangibles Lamar brought to the team than his on court production.

DevilsAssassin
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Gerald Green

brownmamba00
12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Can someone tell me how McRobert's game is?

The only thing I know about him is that he's athletic:confusedshrug:

Rnbizzle
Gerald Green? I thought we'd seen the last of that dude..

DuMa
how much each gettin paid?

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-13-2011, 04:15 PM
green's contract is guaranteed tho, rite?

chazzy
12-13-2011, 04:15 PM
I like McRoberts. Green might not make the roster

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-13-2011, 04:17 PM
trade Pau and Bynum Mitch. You know it makes sense. Be lucky they'd have them for 24yo Dwight.

Nick Young
12-13-2011, 04:17 PM
green mamba joins the black mamba. league is fcked

Robster89
12-13-2011, 04:18 PM
McRoberts is nice.
Very solid PF. Nice midrange game, excellent defender and rebounder.
Solid defender. Will fit nicely next to Bynum/Pau. Can't take the ball coast to coast like LO, but actually does many PF tasks better than Lamar. Very solid signing.

Don't understnad Green, though I know the Lakers have always been high on him. (I think we considered drafting him instead of Bynum at one time). But with Artest, Barnes, Walton and Ebanks already on the roster?

LA_Showtime
Gerald Green is a dumber version of Shannon Brown. That's pretty scary.

AMISTILLILL
trade Pau and Bynum Mitch. You know it makes sense. Be lucky they'd have them for 24yo Dwight.

Dwight Howard is 26.

LA_Showtime
12-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Sources have told me the Lakers still plan on acquiring Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, David West, and Chauncey Billups.

AMISTILLILL
12-13-2011, 04:20 PM
That LA bench is looking pretty bare.

MMM
From the highs of CP3 and Dwight to McRoberts and Green

Rowe
Gerald Green? I thought we'd seen the last of that dude..

Shout out to StroShow4 for his pic of Green:

http://nba247365.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gerald.bmp
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2011/11/21/b2f6db05954745f2aca4049750bc01e5.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pTWKQrY6WOU/TtkLcWcjmSI/AAAAAAABtHc/9JYSJ2I4qrY/s320/Gerald+Green.jpg

I like the Gerald Green signing. He ended up out of the NBA for the sake of his low basketball IQ and struggles on defense, but hes very talented.

If he can finally put it together at 25, he could be a good option off the bench. Always thought he had Rudy Gay potential.

Miller for 3
Can someone tell us how McRobert's game is?

I only know he's athletic:confusedshrug:

Great handles and passing ability for a bigman. Can shoot it too, but doesnt force bad shots. Obviously very good jumper. Poor defender, but a smart player who can create turnovers. Like a poor mans Lamar Odom without the inconsistency and brain farts that Odom sometimes had

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Oh i see now mcroberts is white. Pau is so gone^^

Nice signs!

DuMa
So now Kobe isnt the only one on the Lakers with fu.cked up fingers

LA_Showtime
Great handles and passing ability for a bigman. Can shoot it too, but doesnt force bad shots. Obviously very good jumper. Poor defender, but a smart player who can create turnovers. Like a poor mans Lamar Odom without the inconsistency and brain farts that Odom sometimes had

Except LO was our most consistent player last year. He was also the most popular player on the team and led them in huddles.

brownmamba00

Don't like the fact he's a poor defender tho.

ballsohard247
12-13-2011, 04:23 PM
I like the McRoberts signing but I'm not sure about Green.

InspiredLebowski
12-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Can someone tell us how McRobert's game is?

I only know he's athletic:confusedshrug:Still only 24. Lefty, monster in transition. Always looking to run and start the break. Great ballhandler and passer, had the best court vision the Pacers last year imo. Developed a decent 3 point shot last year but you'll say NO NO NO YES! when he shoots it. Really no scoring repertoire with the ball in his hands but that's not what anyone'd ask of him. Average defender on an off the ball, better off than on though, gets caught ball watching wanting to go for the big block sometimes, but the fundamentals are there.

He's a really good dude that's coachable and more than willing to buy into a team concept. Still a lot of potential with a versatile skillset for his size, just hasn't gotten a real chance yet. He's a lot of fun to watch, LA'll love him.

pegasus
McRoberts is a definite steal. Very good signing (depending on how much he's paid though).

Green will become a new Ariza!...jk...

Rowe

He still has a higher upside IMO.

Maybe, just maybe this is the year he breaks out.

Just 4 years ago he was one of the centerpieces in the KG deal, but he didnt improve upon his 10 PPG average in Boston nor did he get any playing time.

LA_Showtime
12-13-2011, 04:26 PM

Just 4 years ago he was one of the centerpieces in the KG deal, but he didnt improve upon his 10 PPG average in Boston nor did he get any playing time.

Kobe will probably teach him how to be professional and then he'll break out and sign with the Mavericks this summer.

AMISTILLILL
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
It can really go either way with the Lakers this year. They're seasoned veterans who know what it takes to come together and win games in almost any situation, but the combination of hits to chemistry, a new coach, and the bizarre circumstances surrounding the CP3 trades could be a cocktail of distractions they struggle to bounce back from. The first few games won't even be a clear indication of how they're meshing on the court, since Bynum is suspended for them.

ballsohard247
Still only 24. Lefty, monster in transition. Always looking to run and start the break. Great ballhandler and passer, had the best court vision the Pacers last year imo. Developed a decent 3 point shot last year but you'll say NO NO NO YES! when he shoots it. Really no scoring repertoire with the ball in his hands but that's not what anyone'd ask of him. Average defender on an off the ball, better off than on though, gets caught ball watching wanting to go for the big block sometimes, but the fundamentals are there.

He's a really good dude that's coachable and more than willing to buy into a team concept. Still a lot of potential with a versatile skillset for his size, just hasn't gotten a real chance yet. He's a lot of fun to watch, LA'll love him.
Hopefully McRoberts legacy will not be "the guy who took a last second shot to ruin a perfect FG% quarter for the Pacers." I think that's the biggest NO NO NO moment he has ever had.

Rowe
This is pretty crazy.

Gerald Green was the #1 recruit in the Class of 2005.
Josh McRoberts was the #2 recruit in the Class of 2005.
Andrew Bynum was the #6 recruit in the Class of 2005.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-768

Nick Young

kobe replacement:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SAKOTXA
I like McRoberts but we still need a starting point guard :(

Miller for 3
12-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Still only 24. Lefty, monster in transition. Always looking to run and start the break. Great ballhandler and passer, had the best court vision the Pacers last year imo. Developed a decent 3 point shot last year but you'll say NO NO NO YES! when he shoots it. Really no scoring repertoire with the ball in his hands but that's not what anyone'd ask of him. Average defender on an off the ball, better off than on though, gets caught ball watching wanting to go for the big block sometimes, but the fundamentals are there.

:cheers: I wish our FO would have made an effort to keep him rather than Hans, but its w/e. Maybe the big exposure in LA will get him in the dunk contest?v:applause:

brownmamba00
12-13-2011, 04:29 PM

Sounds good, needs to work on his D tho, that's what we need.

Anyway thanks for the info :cheers:

DevilsAssassin
12-13-2011, 04:29 PM

I always thought he was going to be the next T-Mac

HurricaneKid
12-13-2011, 04:30 PM
From the highs of CP3 and Dwight to McRoberts and Green

Its been a rough week for the Lakers. I don't know if they had a mini-MLE to give McR but its a tiny addition. Green was out of the league.

These guys do not resemble CP3 and D12.

Nick Young
12-13-2011, 04:31 PM
I always thought he was going to be the next T-Mac
kobe himself said gerald green reminded himself of a young him coming in to the league.

We just need to sign Nick Young, then we'd have two mamba disciples to add to the fold:bowdown:

CP3 Dwight Gerald Green, good core for the future:cheers:

Imagine if we had gotten Tmac for the min.

Kobe, Tmac, Green, too godly to even think about

InspiredLebowski
12-13-2011, 04:32 PM
:cheers: I wish our FO would have made an effort to keep him rather than Hans, but its w/e. Maybe the big exposure in LA will get him in the dunk contest?v:applause:I wish we'd have been able to keep him as well, he wanted to stay. But numbers game, is what it is I guess. I'm happy for him. I'll be pretty surprised if he's not in the dunk contest and losing in the final to Paul George.

KOBEtherealKing
12-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Josh McRoberts is a nice pick up. Young and athletic.

Now gerald green is shannon brown 2.0. no one knew who shannon brown was until he came to the lakers and played with kobe. now green has been in the league for years now but is still young. watch people hype green up just like shannon because of playing for the lakers. He's a shannon brown replacement so I dont mind the signing.

I truly believe the lakers make others better. shannon brown is married to monica, gerald green will be married to some celebrity after playing for the lakers. book it.

AMISTILLILL
12-13-2011, 04:33 PM
I like McRoberts but we still need a starting point guard :(

Earl Boykins. :lol

chips93
12-13-2011, 04:36 PM
McRoberts used to such cheese in nba live 08, he was like prime Tim Duncan.

InspiredLebowski
12-13-2011, 04:37 PM
McBob was apparently signed with the mini-mid level, I assume Green got the minimum.

DevilsAssassin
12-13-2011, 04:42 PM
kobe himself said gerald green reminded himself of a young him coming in to the league.

We just need to sign Nick Young, then we'd have two mamba disciples to add to the fold:bowdown:

CP3 Dwight Gerald Green, good core for the future:cheers:

Imagine if we had gotten Tmac for the min.

Kobe, Tmac, Green, too godly to even think about

link

Nick Young
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Lakers star Kobe Bryant said last season that Green "reminds me of myself when I first came into the league."
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/01/26/green_wants_a_trade/

Rowe
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Lakers roster as of now:

PG:
Derek Fisher - Age : 37
Steve Blake - Age : 31
Darius Morris - Age : 20

SG:
Kobe Bryant - Age : 33
Andrew Goudelock - Age : 23
Jason Kapono - Age : 31
Gerald Green - Age : 25

SF:
Metta World Peace - Age : 32
Matt Barnes - Age : 31
Devin Ebanks - Age : 22
Luke Walton - Age : 31

PF:
Pau Gasol - Age : 31
Josh McRoberts - Age : 24
Derrick Caracter - Age : 23

C:
Andrew Bynum - Age : 24

I can see Morris & Goudelock heading down to their D-League team.

Both have reportedly been impressive in training camp. Goudelock's shooting range is just incredible.

Rowe
12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Im wondering how good McRoberts might look playing next to Dwight.

With his athletic ability, passing ability, & a solid mid-range shot he could be poised for a breakout year with Dwight Howard anchoring the middle at C.

brownmamba00
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
I can see Morris & Goudelock heading down to their D-League team.

Both have reportedly been impressive in training camp. Goudelock's shooting range is just incredible.
Set for the SG, SF and PF slots. Just need to get a legit PG and a decent back up Center. We need to keep Gaudelock and Ebanks tho, their youth, energy and hustle will mean a lot this year.

Take us to the promised land oh lord Kobe:bowdown:

LA_Showtime
12-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Im wondering how good McRoberts might look playing next to Dwight.

With his athletic ability, passing ability, & a solid mid-range shot he could be poised for a breakout year with Dwight Howard anchoring the middle at C.

is that you crossover? :lol

game3524
12-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Lets be serious, Green sucks and is just an extra body for camp. McRobert on the other hand can play, he isn't Odom, but it is about time the Lakers got some youth on that roster.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Dwight Howard is 26.

i fail to see the point of reminding me.

xhuegox
12-13-2011, 05:16 PM
maybe the signing of mcroberts = trade of bynum and gasol for dwight howard and filler? :confusedshrug:

game3524
12-13-2011, 05:19 PM
maybe the signing of mcroberts = trade of bynum and gasol for dwight howard and filler? :confusedshrug:

I doubt it.

Trading Bynum and Gasol for Dwight is a lateral move. If I am the Lakers, would wait till Orlando brings down their demands.

Basketbolero
12-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Exactly, dude rivals Von Wafer's stupidity.

04mzwach
12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Cupcake dunk beotch!

AMISTILLILL
i fail to see the point of reminding me.

...you said he's 24. He's 26. That's the point.

The_Yearning
These are the big moves that Mitch was talking about?

:roll:

All Net
12-13-2011, 05:25 PM
No kidding

nevetslc88
12-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Gerald Green is just a body for training camp that's all.

He will be cut before the season starts.

Crown&Coke
12-13-2011, 05:35 PM
did MCBob get a min deal? Hard to believe, several teams were interested in dude.

Lakers signed Green last year for camp too, I think they cut his ass real quick. Kobe didn't want him to wear #8 :lol

LJJ
12-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Can someone tell me how McRobert's game is?

The only thing I know about him is that he's athletic:confusedshrug:

Good, you know all there is to know then.

Rowe
12-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Gerald Green is just a body for training camp that's all.

He will be cut before the season starts.

Says who? Lakers kept 15 men on their roster last season & the guys they invited to Training Camp are already signed to D-League teams, therefore if they ever want to bring one of them up, they can whenever they want.

Rowe
12-13-2011, 05:58 PM
did MCBob get a min deal? Hard to believe, several teams were interested in dude.

Lakers signed Green last year for camp too, I think they cut his ass real quick. Kobe didn't want him to wear #8 :lol
Green played on the Lakers Summer League team then signed a deal to play another season in Russia.

Rowe
12-13-2011, 05:58 PM
is that you crossover? :lol
:oldlol:

Hotbullets
12-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Two dunkalicious signings.

InspiredLebowski
12-13-2011, 07:22 PM

Lakers signed Green last year for camp too, I think they cut his ass real quick. Kobe didn't want him to wear #8 :lolmini-mid level. Memphis offered substantially more, but it's LA.

2LeTTeRS
12-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Shout out to StroShow4 for his pic of Green:

http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2011/11/21/b2f6db05954745f2aca4049750bc01e5.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pTWKQrY6WOU/TtkLcWcjmSI/AAAAAAABtHc/9JYSJ2I4qrY/s320/Gerald+Green.jpg

I like the Gerald Green signing. He ended up out of the NBA for the sake of his low basketball IQ and struggles on defense, but hes very talented.

If he can finally put it together at 25, he could be a good option off the bench. Always thought he had Rudy Gay potential.

The template for success in Green's situation has already been laid by Stephen Jackson and he has 3 wily vets to teach him to play D in Kobe, Artest and Barnes, so its definitely possible Gerald turns into a quality player. We all know he has out of this world athleticism and Coach Brown has been known to turn bad defenders with athleticism into stoppers.

I hope it works for him.

HylianNightmare
12-13-2011, 07:48 PM
josh will be a decent signing, and since shannon is gone i guess they needed a high flyer

LJJ
12-13-2011, 07:53 PM
The template for success in Green's situation has already been laid by Stephen Jackson

waat. Those two have nothing in common.

Bosnian Sajo
12-13-2011, 07:56 PM
McRoberts is a good backup, at least we have a good PF on the bench now.

stephanieg
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Damn, LA actually got a bit better with McBob. Guy always plays like the other team insulted his mother. And he can get hot from outside every once in awhile. Guess more of his dunks will be on ESPN now.

longtime lurker
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Wait did the Lakers just sign an athletic hustle player? What's going on here? He in know way replaces Odom, but he's a decent rebounder, runs the floor and underrated passer. Green just plain sucks.

2LeTTeRS
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM
waat. Those two have nothing in common.

I stretched it a bit, but like Green Jax was drafted straight out of high school, but couldn't stick in the league. He ended up playing in the minor leagues for 3 years until he got his shot, but when he did he was a much better player.

And from that he kept working until he became a very good NBA player.

LA_Showtime
12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
How soon until we can trade McRoberts? Weren't the Pacers and Grizzlies talking about trading him for Mayo? I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded halfway through the season.

Crown&Coke
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
mini-mid level. Memphis offered substantially more, but it's LA.

cool, I saw someone twittereded its a 2 year deal @ the mini-ML

I didn't know Memphis offered more (maybe full 3 years at the Mini-ML? or s&t with OJ going the other way?), they over the cap, and just game Marc close to 60 mil over 4. But Memphis got a hard on for him apparently

d.bball.guy
12-13-2011, 08:50 PM
:lol

I like the McRoberts one, though.

Lebron23
12-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Mcroberts is a good signing.

upside24
12-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Green played on the Lakers Summer League team then signed a deal to play another season in Russia.
That sounds promising for Laker fans.:facepalm

ballup
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Oh GG, one of the Celtic's guilty pleasures. He had all that talent wasted when he didn't prove himself after Pierce went down. :facepalm