PDA

View Full Version : NENE: Signing with Nuggets for 5 years, $67 million

bagelred
12-13-2011, 11:04 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN sources: Nene and Nuggets reach terms on five-year, $67 million deal

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Nuggets to re-sign center Nene to five-year, $67 million deal, according to a source.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Nene has agreed to a 5 year, $65M deal plus bonuses to stay with Denver, source tells Y! Sports

KBergCBS Ken Berger
Source confirms @ESPNSteinLine report that Nuggets have re-signed Nene for five years, $67 million.

Wow.

Mr. Incredible
12-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Surprised

IBLEEDGREEN20
loyalty is respectable.

beeboywhoo
God damn hes paiiiidd :applause: :applause:

wonder what this does with the Nets chances with Dwight if it does...

IGotACoolStory
Maybe he can finally average 15 or more for once.

All talent, little production.

Like this farmer I knew and he talked about having acres upon acres. What did he grow? NOTHING.

R.I.P.
12-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Ba-****ing Zinga.

Down to Mavs and lakers. You ****in cheap bastard Sterling make that Paul trade.:banghead:

**** I thought Nets LOL.

Well he

bagelred
Did the Nets win or lose?:confusedshrug:

Wally450
Good for him, now they need a team

Status Quo
12-13-2011, 11:08 PM
These oversized contracts really do need to stop

longtime lurker
12-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Show me the money!! So it's a sign and trade then?

d.bball.guy
12-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Good for him, now they need a team
:roll:

And :roll: :roll: @ longtime lurker

christian1923
12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Good signing

Reverend Hoops
12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
:roll: 67 mill for 13-7.

HylianNightmare
12-13-2011, 11:11 PM
wow, dude is going to make some bank...

SpecialQue
12-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Maybe he can finally average 15 or more for once.

All talent, little production.

Like this farmer I knew and he talked about having acres upon acres. What did he grow? NOTHING.

That farmer sounds like a real douche.

D12"Magic"
12-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Did the Nets win or lose?:confusedshrug:
If we get Dwight, but if not, this is a loss.
Dwight or Bust!

dbugz
12-13-2011, 11:14 PM
weak FA market = stupid overpaid signing :oldlol:

D12"Magic"
12-13-2011, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE]Alan Hahn @alanhahn Close
Nene stays in Denver (5

Bosnian Sajo
12-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Lawson/Miller
Afflalo/Fernandez
Galinari/Brewer/Hamilton
Harrington/Faried
Nene/Mozgov/Birdman

Not terrible I guess

bagelred
12-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Dont tease me Hahn :mad:

Dont tase me Bro

D12"Magic"
12-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Ok, on to Mr. Kardashian.

D12"Magic"
12-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Dont tase me Bro
:mad: :mad:

d.bball.guy
12-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Dont tase me Bro
:lol

R.I.P.
12-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Dont tease me Hahn :mad:

Or maybe Nene was just tired of sitting on a streetcorner like a cheap whore waiting to see whether the Nets are able to **** the prom queen Dwight. That

bagelred
12-13-2011, 11:21 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Timofey+Mozgov+Boston+Celtics+v+Denver+Nuggets+flm YP6GjBnZl.jpg

"Why pay NyeNye $67 million to be Mozy's backup.
America iz crazy!"

ballsohard247
weak FA market = stupid overpaid signing :oldlol:
It's craziness. Though Nene is worth his contract more than some of these other guys.

D12"Magic"
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Or maybe Nene was just tired of sitting on a streetcorner like a cheap whore waiting to see whether the Nets are able to **** the prom queen Dwight. That

R.I.P.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Timofey+Mozgov+Boston+Celtics+v+Denver+Nuggets+flm YP6GjBnZl.jpg

America iz crazy!"

d.bball.guy
12-13-2011, 11:22 PM

America iz crazy!"

*insert 140% Russian joke here*

wang4three
12-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Thanks God we didn't sign him to that. Also, Nene wins since the Nuggets won't be back in the playoffs soon.

R.I.P.
12-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks God we didn't sign him to that. Also, Nene wins since the Nuggets won't be back in the playoffs soon.

Why would you say that?

Hornets will most likely fall off. They finished the season weak and if Paul stays he

niko
12-13-2011, 11:26 PM
I doubt he was willing to sit and wait till the trade deadline when the Magic made up their mind about Howard. The Magic are making complimentary signings around DWight, they don't really seem like they want to dump him tomorrow which is what it would have taken for Nets to make decision.

I agree with above poster, nets won out. WAY too much money, plus he's injury prone at times. WHat if he comes, and gets hurt? That type of thing could turn off Deron, i think only that kind of thing would turn him off.

ALBballer
12-13-2011, 11:39 PM
What was the point of the lockout? It's obvious these dumbass owners can't help themselves.

Pokerface
12-13-2011, 11:42 PM
I think that with Nene's signing, the potential signing of Afflalo, the trade for Brewer and Fernandez, that the Nuggets have a great potential for this year. I don't think they can win the NBA title, but, they will be fun to watch and will give a lot of teams a run for their money.

NuggetsFan
12-13-2011, 11:45 PM
It just became really shitty to be a Nuggets fan. Only putting off what's eventually going to have to happen, tank. Now we get to sit through Nene's brutal contract while being the definition of a run of the mill team. Wouldn't be surprised to see 'em finish 8th or 7th .. same time wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 10th.

I assume this means AA will be matched at all costs. Gotta hope Lawson continues to improve and Gallo takes that next step to be a fringe All-Star kinda player.

F*ck :oldlol:

DuMa
12-13-2011, 11:49 PM
GODDAMN 7 FOOTERS ARE OVERPAID IN THIS LEAGUE

305Baller
12-13-2011, 11:52 PM
If you are Denver it's smart to sign Nene, when you trade him you can get some picks.

niko
12-13-2011, 11:54 PM
I like the Nene posts by the ESPN talking heads, D12 must be heading to Jersey! Because nene resigned with his hometown team for a shitload of money when everyone else told him to sit in definitely as their second choice?

Jasper
12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
loyalty is respectable.

I really never doubted him , I doubted Denver , after losing all those players.

I think Nene has a long term home here , and even his new contract it appears he is under rated.

He is a formable 5 : boards and defense and a nice little low post game.

DuMa
12-13-2011, 11:56 PM
I would also like to add: Ewing, Hakeem, Mourning and Rik Smits are rolling in their grave

Nets fan 93
12-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Something to think about. Deron said that the roster would have to improve for him to stay. You think the Nets wouldn't accommodate what their superstar wanted? I have a feeling Billy knows something. Or else he would have definitely paid Nene what he needed to, to keep D-Will.

niko
12-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Something to think about. Deron said that the roster would have to improve for him to stay. You think the Nets wouldn't accommodate what their superstar wanted? I have a feeling Billy knows something. Or else he would have definitely paid Nene what he needed to, to keep D-Will.
I don't think the magic have made up their mind so your gm did not make a deal which might limit his flexibility to make a Dwight deal later on. That's all.

Or maybe nene just went home for shitloads of money.

QuebecBaller
12-14-2011, 12:14 AM
GODDAMN 7 FOOTERS ARE OVERPAID IN THIS LEAGUE

But Nene is just 6'11, so he's not overpaid? :confusedshrug:

:D :D :D

NugzFan
12-14-2011, 12:16 AM

Don't quite get that logic...care to explain?

LA_Showtime
12-14-2011, 12:19 AM
I know people are speculating that this means Dwight to New Jersey is a distinct possibility, which it is, but maybe... just maybe the Nets didn't sign him because their front office isn't stupid. 5 years $67 million is a ridiculous amount of money for a guy who has generally underachieved throughout his career.

outbreak
12-14-2011, 12:24 AM
I know people are speculating that this means Dwight to New Jersey is a distinct possibility, which it is, but maybe... just maybe the Nets didn't sign him because their front office isn't stupid. 5 years $67 million is a ridiculous amount of money for a guy who has generally underachieved throughout his career.

especially if Nets paid that, had a poor season and Deron left anyway. They'd be crippled.

R.I.P.
12-14-2011, 12:25 AM

It

GoldNugg21
12-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Overpaid, but not by as much as I feared. 13.5 per year average, less then Gasol and Chandler. I can deal with overpaying a little, just would have been pissed if it was 16 mil a year or something stupid.

All Net
12-14-2011, 03:50 AM
wow...pays off to be a big man this summer.

el gringos
12-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Great deal for the nugs- wanted to see him get traded in a s+

kurple
12-14-2011, 05:14 AM

America iz crazy!"
I think GK is planning to play Nene more at PF (As Nene wants) and start Mozzy

Lawson - Dre
Afflalo - Rudy - JHam
Gallo - Brewer - JHam
Nene - Faried/Harrington
Mozzy - Bird/Kosta

I can dig that

NugzFan
12-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Overpaid, but not by as much as I feared. 13.5 per year average, less then Gasol and Chandler. I can deal with overpaying a little, just would have been pissed if it was 16 mil a year or something stupid.

i feel about the same. i really didnt want to resign nene because i expected it to be 15-18 mill per year. 13.5 i could live with. definitely better than the chandler deal. about the same as gasol (gasol is better and got a little more).

now we gotta sign AA.

kurple
12-14-2011, 05:25 AM
I would much rather have Nene on this contract than Chandler on his new one.

This is too much money for a player like Nene, but not when you look at the other signings this off season

kurple
12-14-2011, 05:27 AM
We will continue to surprise people on here like we did after the AI trade, when we lost the great Dahntay Jones and Kleiza and after the Melo trade

NugzFan
12-14-2011, 05:29 AM
We will continue to surprise people on here like we did after the AI trade, when we lost the great Dahntay Jones and Kleiza and after the Melo trade

hope so. i kinda laugh when people take shots like "they dont even have a team!" because they just remember the 3 guys in china (2 of which were never coming back).

i think we can field at least a starting 5 now.

fefe
12-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Why is everyone acting like Nene got big money?
he got 67 mill for 5 years....
thats 13 mill per year...
I think it's absolutely not overpaying for Nene.

The Nets and Rockets where supposedly offering him almost the same amount on a 4 year deal... (Nets offered 16 mill per season)

Nene basically took less money to stay in Denver.

jlitt
12-14-2011, 06:15 AM
If you're a starting C or PF and you don't AVG atleast 10 RPG then you should be ashamed.

NENE has never AVG more than 8 RPG. THis is just freaking sad.

32Dayz
12-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Confused

Knicks paid Chandler 58 Mill for 5 years?
Nuggs paying Nene 67 Mill for 5 years?

How are the Knicks paying Chandler more?

Damn though... 67 million for a poor defensive center who on 0ffensive is basically just a dunker.

kurple
12-14-2011, 06:22 AM
If you're a starting C or PF and you don't AVG atleast 10 RPG then you should be ashamed.

NENE has never AVG more than 8 RPG. THis is just freaking sad.
I agree, he's a shitty rebounder..

But efficiency and post presence is MAJOR. His defense is also pretty good.

It will also be interesing to see how he will do at PF. He's wanted to play there for years, but couldn't due to KMart and lack of another C.

He could be a major mismatch for many PF's.

kurple
12-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Confused

Damn though... 67 million for a poor defensive center who on 0ffensive is basically just a dunker.

I'm also confused. I thought Chandler got more than that.

I will take it back if those are the real numbers

I still don't think 13.5 for Nene is that much.

NugzFan
12-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Confused

yeah youve watched nene play a lot. spot on analysis. :cheers:

and http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/11/sports/basketball/tyson-chandler-is-officially-a-knick.html says chandler got 4/56

so does http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7338415/new-york-knicks-land-tyson-chandler-part-trade-dallas-mavericks-washington-wizards

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/New-York-Knicks-Tyson-Chandler-free-agent-center-will-sign-120911 says 4/58

so, yeah...

NugzFan
12-14-2011, 06:40 AM
I agree, he's a shitty rebounder..

But efficiency and post presence is MAJOR. His defense is also pretty good.

It will also be interesing to see how he will do at PF. He's wanted to play there for years, but couldn't due to KMart and lack of another C.

He could be a major mismatch for many PF's.

half his rebounds are stolen by teammates or him boxing out so another teammate can grab it.

its clear when non nugget fans just look at stats and dont watch the games.

32Dayz
12-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Ah.. I thought it was 5 / 58 for Chandler.

My mistake then.

Nene is a good center but he isn't especially skilled 0ffensively.
He is an incredible athlete and I guess looking at some of the other bigmen signings what they paid him isn't too absurd.

I havent watched that much of Nene TBH but what from I remember he dunks alot and is an incredible athlete.
He also has pretty good handles.
He didnt seem especially good on the defensive end or a great rebounder.

Perhaps I am wrong on those points I cant say I am not an expert on Nene.

Hope he works out and plays well for you guys. :cheers:

kurple
12-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Nene is very skilled offensively. I can tell you that, and I have watched him a lot

32Dayz
12-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Nene is very skilled offensively. I can tell you that, and I have watched him a lot

Fair enough.

What do you think his averages will be this upcoming season?

MELOgamaniac
12-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Nuggets won't make the playoffs this year, i said it before and im saying it now..but nene is great offensively...he is not just a dunker, he has a good 10-15 ft jumper, and post moves, and is very agile and quick, he's like a less talented amare in an aspect, which is no slight to him

kurple
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
The only way I can see us not making the playoffs is if we don't resign Afflalo

The team have proven that it can be a great regular season team, and this brutal schedule will only help our deep rotation team

Funnyfuka
12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
doesnt deserve that much money. Will disapear now he got what he wanted. SPoiled brats.

MELOgamaniac
12-14-2011, 10:25 AM
The only way I can see us not making the playoffs is if we don't resign Afflalo

The team have proven that it can be a great regular season team, and this brutal schedule will only help our deep rotation team

I see otherwise, teams have gotten better in the conference, lost key players and no matter how optimistic yall try to be by undermining the loss of Jr, Kmart,and wilson..its a big deal and will effect. key players are older and this team is so injury prone so a brutal schedule will lead to more injuries which the nuggets are notorious for and the shorter schedule leave no room for error, so players like NENE,birdman etc. will proally get hurt.

All Net
12-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Afflalo still not been re-signed?

kurple
12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Afflalo still not been re-signed?
They wanted to see what happened to Nene first.. Either tank or go for it

hawkfan
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
How much will Samuel Dalembert get now?

kurple
12-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I see otherwise, teams have gotten better in the conference, lost key players and no matter how optimistic yall try to be by undermining the loss of Jr, Kmart,and wilson..its a big deal and will effect. key players are older and this team is so injury prone so a brutal schedule will lead to more injuries which the nuggets are notorious for and the shorter schedule leave no room for error, so players like NENE,birdman etc. will proally get hurt.
I really expected more from a former Nuggets fan, I guess the key word is former.

We lost JR who is a idiot and a factor for about 10games a season.. Pluss he needs the ball in his hands, and I would much rather have it in the hands of Lawson and Andre Miller.. Can't wait to get the lobs back in Denver.

Rudy can easily replace JR, and could be an even better fit.

We also lost KMart, who is a very good defender.. But that is the only thing I will miss, I will not miss his mid range bricks, lack of reboudning (he got slightly better his last years) and the countless injuries..

You mention injuries as one of our key problems, loosing KMart doesn't hurt there.. Nene isn't very injury prone if any at all, and we have a lot of dept at the PF/C.

Nene will also move to PF, playing alongside Mozzy most likely. I like all of Mozzy, Faried and Kosta as potential rotation players and we also have Harrington and Bird who are proven in the league

Chandler is also gone, but we still have his rights. There have been quotes that Masai really wants him back and that he was the first to call when the lockout ended.. I'm still not sure I want him back as I lost all faith in him in the playoffs (my god he was terrible). But I could see him returning, and he would be my fist choice to return.

Brewer, Hamilton and cap space is a good replacement aswell. Brewer if we need defense, Hamilton if we need offense and cap space if we decide that we need an upgrade.

Pluss, I cant wait to see Dre back in Denver.. He is a baller!

And I see no reason why our young guys won't continue to improve even more, as they have done every season.

All Net
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Ask Houston....

Joey Zaza
12-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Lawson - Dre
Afflalo - Rudy - JHam
Gallo - Brewer - JHam
Nene - Faried/Harrington
Mozzy - Bird/Kosta

Don't want to make you guys upset, but as someone who has watched a bunch of Gallo, he isn't your SF--he is your PF. He is too slow for Sf's in the league defensively and too slow to get his shots off against htem offensively. He is a pf (like Dirk is a pf).

Its Lawson-Affllaallo-Brewer-Gallo-Nene.

Joey Zaza
12-14-2011, 12:24 PM

He's older so he'll get less (see D.West) - so its probably 4yrs $45.

Blue&Orange
12-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm also confused. I thought Chandler got more than that.

I will take it back if those are the real numbers

I still don't think 13.5 for Nene is that much.
Chandler contract is 4 years.

kurple
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Don't want to make you guys upset, but as someone who has watched a bunch of Gallo, he isn't your SF--he is your PF. He is too slow for Sf's in the league defensively and too slow to get his shots off against htem offensively. He is a pf (like Dirk is a pf).

Its Lawson-Affllaallo-Brewer-Gallo-Nene.
I will admit I didn't watch Gallo play that much before the trade

But I am pretty confident GK is planning to play him at SF, and he didn't seem THAT slow to me

Looks very fast here:

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/video/2011/12/11/PracticeSprints121111wmv-1932159/index.html

We will have the biggest frontcourt in the NBA if Gallo, Nene and Mozzy starts..

Average hight would be above 6'11

Duranthebest
12-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Why do these non all star players get huge deals like this in the NBA? Nene with 67 million over 5 years? Stucky with 5 years 45 million? Teams sign bums to huge deals like this and then complain when the team is losing money.

dunksby
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
KD $85mil for 5 years, Nene $67mil :facepalm

niko
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
i don't know, with the billion assets Denver has, it doesn't feel like they maximized their roster. It's basically last years team with less depth and less guys playing for contracts.

MELOgamaniac
12-14-2011, 02:45 PM
I really expected more from a former Nuggets fan, I guess the key word is former.

We lost JR who is a idiot and a factor for about 10games a season.. Pluss he needs the ball in his hands, and I would much rather have it in the hands of Lawson and Andre Miller.. Can't wait to get the lobs back in Denver.

Rudy can easily replace JR, and could be an even better fit.

We also lost KMart, who is a very good defender.. But that is the only thing I will miss, I will not miss his mid range bricks, lack of reboudning (he got slightly better his last years) and the countless injuries..

You mention injuries as one of our key problems, loosing KMart doesn't hurt there.. Nene isn't very injury prone if any at all, and we have a lot of dept at the PF/C.

Nene will also move to PF, playing alongside Mozzy most likely. I like all of Mozzy, Faried and Kosta as potential rotation players and we also have Harrington and Bird who are proven in the league

Chandler is also gone, but we still have his rights. There have been quotes that Masai really wants him back and that he was the first to call when the lockout ended.. I'm still not sure I want him back as I lost all faith in him in the playoffs (my god he was terrible). But I could see him returning, and he would be my fist choice to return.

Brewer, Hamilton and cap space is a good replacement aswell. Brewer if we need defense, Hamilton if we need offense and cap space if we decide that we need an upgrade.

Pluss, I cant wait to see Dre back in Denver.. He is a baller!

And I see no reason why our young guys won't continue to improve even more, as they have done every season.

I use to hold high regard to your opnions, but time has shown be that you come off a bit bitter and delusional as a nuggets fan. Everything im saying holds merit rudy is questionable if he is motivated, he is not interested in playing in the nba. Al harrington will deem himself more needed to take up on the offense which is not a good thing, Kmart is injured alot but he provided much defense and intensity and glue for this team, i remember when he went out for like a 7 game stretch a year or two ago and the team did horrible. NENE is injury prone, he got hurt in the last playoff run with melo, he's had seasons of 64gms, 55gms, 16gms, and 1gm, so i could say he gets injured a fair bit.

you put to much faith in an unpolished mosgov and rookies that have yet to prove anything. lawson will be good, i think faired will be decent, nene will be nene which is good but always leaving something desired..karl will be karl which is good/bad...you undemrined JR smith contribution to only being 10 games out the year of contribution. when he has to clearly be more if he is always in talks as 6th man of the year , giving you 15 off the bench. I know he is idiotic at times and erratic, but you are fooling yaself by thinking nuggets will be good.

Nuggets will be 8th seed at best this season, i'll be sure to remind you of this when its all said and done.

NugzFan
12-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Of course kmart and jr were our best players now that they are gone. Amazing how that works out, isn't it?

NugzFan
12-14-2011, 03:26 PM
i don't know, with the billion assets Denver has, it doesn't feel like they maximized their roster. It's basically last years team with less depth and less guys playing for contracts.

Don't worry we did great considering the circumstances. I'd be a little more worried that the Knicks can't win a title despite stats begging to play there.

Applause
12-14-2011, 07:26 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AgqUBS8CMAAnXfL.jpg

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2zox9n4.jpg

:confusedshrug:

:applause:

niko
12-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Don't worry we did great considering the circumstances. I'd be a little more worried that the Knicks can't win a title despite stats begging to play there.
You worry a lot about the Knicks but at least we are trying to build to a title. What exactly is Denver building to?

dunksby
12-14-2011, 07:41 PM
You worry a lot about the Knicks but at least we are trying to build to a title. What exactly is Denver building to?
They have a long-term mediocrity plan.

Euroleague
12-14-2011, 08:10 PM
$67 million to a guy that is made out of glass...................

:lol :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm

NuggetsFan
12-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Lawson|Dre
AA|Rudy|Hamilton
Gallo|Hamilton|Brewer
Nene|Harrington|Faried
Mosgov|Bird|Kofus

Like I said I hate this signing. Nuggets pretty much did what I didn't want them to do. Kinda funny people saying they regressed. They did what people said couldn't happen, kept there depth. I didn't want them to, still kinda surprised they did it too. They've got 4 players in there backcourt who could be legit starters on alot of teams. Pretty crazy. Tons of big bodies, players up front too.

Nothing more than a 1st round exit team\fringe playoff team witch sucks, rather would have tanked and blew it up but can't deny the Nuggets making some moves\spending to keep a deep team together.

cteach111
12-14-2011, 08:39 PM
loyalty is respectable.

for the right price, of course.

macpierce
12-14-2011, 10:51 PM
sweet jesus, so I guess bynum will command 80 million in the future then lol :oldlol: