PDA

View Full Version : Rip Hamilton is a Bull

Dengness9
12-14-2011, 10:49 PM
The Chicago Bulls announced this evening the team has signed free agent guard Richard Hamilton. According to the Chicago Tribune, “As reported since Sunday, the deal is guaranteed for two years and $10 million. According to sources, the Bulls hold a team option of $5.15 million for a third season. If the option is not exercised, Hamilton receives an unknown buyout.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8839#ixzz1gZjpQmlq

Kurosawa0
12-14-2011, 10:53 PM
He's an upgrade for Chicago, but they still have only one guy that can get his own shot. Actually makes me wonder if it helps them with Miami at all.

Theoo's Daddy
12-14-2011, 11:09 PM
I like this trade.. :applause:

B
12-14-2011, 11:13 PM
He's an upgrade for Chicago, but they still have only one guy that can get his own shot. Actually makes me wonder if it helps them with Miami at all.
In the past Hamilton has given Wade fits

Glide2keva
I like this trade.. :applause:
Free agent signing.

Go Getter
still not a done deal sparky.

Theoo's Daddy
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
ooops my bad.. i still like it though.

Kurosawa0
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=B

Meticode
True, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen. Although the Clippers seem interesting now in need of a SG of his talents as well, but obviously the Bulls are closer to making a Finals push than the Clippers are.

Clocian-IGN

its done breh

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bulls-sign-free-agent-guard-richard-hamilton.html

Meticode
12-14-2011, 11:21 PM
its done breh

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bulls-sign-free-agent-guard-richard-hamilton.html
:oldlol:

Rose
Hamilton
Deng
Boozer
Noah

...looks solid.

guy
12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Rip > CP3 :rockon:

Go Getter
12-14-2011, 11:24 PM
14 pts vs 4.4 points is going to make a difference I think. We still need to mature and add maybe one more piece.

Meticode
12-14-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/sites/bulls/files/imagecache/nba_standard/hamilton_111214.jpg

Kurosawa0
12-14-2011, 11:26 PM
obviously the Bulls are closer to making a Finals push than the Clippers are.

Looks that way now, but the West looks a lot more wide open than the East. Miami still looks to be the far and away best team in the East. With Dallas and the Lakers looking to be weaker this year, the Clippers could easily slip through. I actually might like them more than Chicago with having two stars as opposed to Chicago just having one.

(e)
12-14-2011, 11:26 PM
3 years/15 million. Honestly would of been happier with a 2 year deal, but I'm not complaining since we just got a top 20 SG without having to trade anyone. Successful offseason, we addressed our biggest need with a guy who is a solid offensive player and fits our team perfectly.

Rose/Watson
RIP/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Boozer/Taj/Scal
Noah/Asik

Not sure what they'll do with Bogans now. And we still need another big since we lost Big Sexy. Przybilla is at the top of my list to take his role.

nashwade
12-14-2011, 11:27 PM
rip has no impact on the game these days

Glide2keva
12-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Looks that way now, but the West looks a lot more wide open than the East. Miami still looks to be the far and away best team in the East. With Dallas and the Lakers looking to be weaker this year, the Clippers could easily slip through. I actually might like them more than Chicago with having two stars as opposed to Chicago just having one.
I like cheering for a good TEAM.

Rose may be the best on the squad, but it's all aboutt he team for me and mostly all Bulls fans.

Meticode
12-14-2011, 11:29 PM
rip has no impact on the game these days
No one on the Pistons had any impact on the game these days.

d.bball.guy
12-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Does the Bulls still have that "no headband rule"?

Pretty solid lineup :applause:

longtime lurker
12-14-2011, 11:32 PM
3 years/15 million. Honestly would of been happier with a 2 year deal, but I'm not complaining since we just got a top 20 SG without having to trade anyone. Successful offseason, we addressed our biggest need with a guy who is a solid offensive player and fits our team perfectly.

Rose/Watson
RIP/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Boozer/Taj/Scal
Noah/Asik

Not sure what they'll do with Bogans now. And we still need another big since we lost Big Sexy. Przybilla is at the top of my list to take his role.

They should still go for Crawford or a scoring PG off the bench. Hmmm Arenas anybody?

1rkrage
12-14-2011, 11:33 PM

Rose/Watson
RIP/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Boozer/Taj/Scal
Noah/Asik

3rd year is Team option..

(e)
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Does the Bulls still have that "no headband rule"?

Pretty solid lineup :applause:

That was a Scott Skiles rule, not a Thibs rule.

(e)
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM

Nice, I like it then.

Glide2keva
12-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Was just about to post that.

Lebron23
12-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Good signing by the Bulls.

Kurosawa0
12-14-2011, 11:38 PM
I like cheering for a good TEAM.

Rose may be the best on the squad, but it's all aboutt he team for me and mostly all Bulls fans.

I'm not talking about liking a team, but trying to handicap which team has the best chance. The Bulls were exposed throughout the playoffs and not just the ECF. It was clear that if you make Rose work you'll have success against the Bulls. Hamilton will help a bit with that, but the guy they really need to step up big is Boozer. The problem with that is that Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and a moderately healthy KG (probably not happening) are better.

In the West it's much more of a crapshoot. OKC looks promising, but they have chemistry and experience questions. Memphis looks dangerous, but they were just the 8th seed last year. Making the jump from #8 to the Finals seems unlikely. Dallas and the Lakers look much weaker at the moment or at the very least have fallen back in the pack a little bit.

The Clippers will have their issues, but they've got great/good players at four of the five positions. Plus, the Chris Paul & Blake Griffin combo might be special.

If I had to bet on which team was more likely to make the Finals, I guess I'd pick the Bulls. Although oddly it might surprise me less if the Clippers ended up coming out of the West.

Glide2keva
12-14-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm not talking about liking a team, but trying to handicap which team has the best chance. The Bulls were exposed throughout the playoffs and not just the ECF. It was clear that if you make Rose work you'll have success against the Bulls. Hamilton will help a bit with that, but the guy they really need to step up big is Boozer. The problem with that is that Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and a moderately healthy KG (probably not happening) are better.To be fair to Boozer, he was playing with an injury and his legs weren't fully healed after that Roy Hibbert or hasheen thibeet (i forget which one) injury.

In the West it's much more of a crapshoot. OKC looks promising, but they have chemistry and experience questions. Memphis looks dangerous, but they were just the 8th seed last year. Making the jump from #8 to the Finals seems unlikely. Dallas and the Lakers look much weaker at the moment or at the very least have fallen back in the pack a little bit.MEM is very good. So is OKC. I see them in the WCF myself.

The Clippers will have their issues, but they've got great/good players at four of the five positions. Plus, the Chris Paul & Blake Griffin combo might be special. I think it'll be fun to watch.

If I had to bet on which team was more likely to make the Finals, I guess I'd pick the Bulls. Although oddly it might surprise me less if the Clippers ended up coming out of the West.

As a Bulls fan, I like that you picked my team, but I'm holding off until I see how they play and gel together.

T04ST3R
Part team option - the Bulls are on the hook for about $5mil (partial guarantees).

I like this signing for the Bulls. Gives them another scorer which they desperately needed. And Rip has been known to frustrate Wade in the past.

GOBB
3 years sucks but I guess if you didnt give him 3 he would have gone elsewhere and you'd be stuck with Bogans who DOESNT belong in the NBA. Atleast starting. :roll:

millwad
12-14-2011, 11:48 PM
That's definitely gone both ways. Wade torched that Pistons team twice in the playoffs. That was back when Hamilton wasn't in his 30's.

Besides, with Shane Battier they can rotate him, Wade and LeBron on RIP. Battier probably gets the nod the most.

Shane Battier must be one of the most overrated defenders in a long time. I'm a big fan I really like him as a player, he was one of my favourite players when he was with Houston. But his defense gets constantly overrated, he wasn't even the best defender in Houston, Chuckwagon was..

Back to topic, I like this signing alot for the Bulls, even though Rip ain't in his prime he still can ball.

Glide2keva
12-14-2011, 11:49 PM
3 years sucks but I guess if you didnt give him 3 he would have gone elsewhere and you'd be stuck with Bogans who DOESNT belong in the NBA. Atleast starting. :roll:
3rd year is a team option, partially guaranteed.

Kurosawa0
12-14-2011, 11:50 PM
As a Bulls fan, I like that you picked my team, but I'm holding off until I see how they play and gel together.

They're a good team. It's just that it's going to come down again to Rose having to be the best player in four games out of seven against Miami. The problem is that Miami has two players that are, at the very least, as good as Rose is.

Kurosawa0
12-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Shane Battier must be one of the most overrated defenders in a long time. I'm a big fan I really like him as a player, he was one of my favourite players when he was with Houston. But his defense gets constantly overrated, he wasn't even the best defender in Houston, Chuckwagon was..

Me saying that Miami would put Battier on Hamilton is overrating him? Battier figures to be apart of Miami's crunch time lineup and I'd imagine Wade or LeBron would be checking Rose. Makes sense to me that Wade would take Rose, Battier would check Hamilton and LeBron would cover Deng.

Glide2keva
12-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Me saying that Miami would put Battier on Hamilton is overrating him? Battier figures to be apart of Miami's crunch time lineup and I'd imagine Wade or LeBron would be checking Rose. Makes sense to me that Wade would take Rose, Battier would check Hamilton and LeBron would cover Deng.
Rose would have an advatage over Wade in this case. Someone would have to help oout which means someone is going to be open.

Go Getter
12-14-2011, 11:57 PM
They're a good team. It's just that it's going to come down again to Rose having to be the best player in four games out of seven against Miami. The problem is that Miami has two players that are, at the very least, as good as Rose is.
Are people still holding onto this "star player" slant after the Finals?

Kurosawa0
12-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Rose would have an advatage over Wade in this case. Someone would have to help oout which means someone is going to be open.

Then you slide LeBron over and let Battier take Deng.

By the way, I wasn't really as sold on the Battier deal as others, but talking about how Miami can match up with other teams does make it look really intriguing.

Take against Boston, now Wade or LeBron can take Rondo and put Battier on either Allen or Pierce. Going to be interesting.

Kurosawa0
12-15-2011, 12:00 AM

After the Finals? 9 times out 10, the team with the best stars wins. That's just NBA history.

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Great pickup for the bulls. They officially have no weakness. Maybe you could say they're young. Which is another thing hamilton brings. Championship experience.

But look at the other teams

The heat still need a big, and have no bench and pg.

The knicks need a pg and have no bench

The celtics are old.

GOBB
12-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Great pickup for the bulls. They officially have no weakness. Maybe you could say they're young. Which is another thing hamilton brings. Championship experience.

But look at the other teams

The knicks need a pg and have no bench

The celtics are old.

Who did the Heat beat in the playoffs?

Kurosawa0
12-15-2011, 12:04 AM

If Miami starts Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Anthony then they'll have Battier, Jones, Miller and Haslem coming off the bench. That's not great, but it's not horrible like last season. The Bulls will have Korver, Gibson, Brewer and Asik. That's better, but not remarkably so.

Go Getter
12-15-2011, 12:06 AM

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 12:07 AM
RIP sucks and is washed up. Bulls will never win a title with this current team.

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Which is why we needed a competant SG. Just think of all those open shots bogans missed. Korvers defense affected his offense. I don't see that being a problem with hamiton.

I just hope thibs utilizes boozer in the post more. As well as in pick and roll situations with rose.

Go Getter
12-15-2011, 12:08 AM
If Miami starts Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Anthony then they'll have Battier, Jones, Miller and Haslem coming off the bench. That's not great, but it's not horrible like last season. The Bulls will have Scals, Korver, Gibson, Brewer and Asik. That's better, and remarkably so.
fixed.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 12:09 AM

Well, the Bulls dont have the shooting the Mavs had in the finals. The Mavs also had several players that could create offense (Dirk, Barea, Terry, Kidd). In comparison, the Bulls have one player (Rose) that can regularly create his shot or others shots. I guess Boozer can create his own shot but I don't think he can do so consistently.

The Bulls will win a ton or regular season games. However, due offensive limitations, I just dont see them winning a title.

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Who did the Heat beat in the playoffs?
I don't get it. What does what miami did last year have to do with this year?

But ill bite. They beat, philly, boston and chicago

GOBB
12-15-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't get it. What does what miami did last year have to do with this year?

But ill bite. They beat, philly, boston and chicago

They beat Chicago...so Chicago was Rip Hamilton away from beating them in a series? Ok

97 bulls
If Miami starts Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Anthony then they'll have Battier, Jones, Miller and Haslem coming off the bench. That's not great, but it's not horrible like last season. The Bulls will have Korver, Gibson, Brewer and Asik. That's better, but not remarkably so.
Your right. With haslem, miller, battier, they're pretty solid. They still need a big and a backup PG

Go Getter
Well, the Bulls dont have the shooting the Mavs had in the finals. The Mavs also had several players that could create offense (Dirk, Barea, Terry, Kidd). In comparison, the Bulls have one player (Rose) that can regularly create his shot or others shots. I guess Boozer can create his own shot but I don't think he can do so consistently.

The Bulls will win a ton or regular season games. However, due offensive limitations, I just dont see them winning a title.
We might not have a lot of creators but we have a lot of good passers like Noah, Boozer, Brewer, Deng.

We won 62 games and went to the WCF with a 4 point scorer in the starting lineup I don't know how he will upgrade the team but we're better with his shot making ability I'll tell you that.

And it's not like we can't still upgrade more.

Go Getter
12-15-2011, 12:16 AM
They beat Chicago...so Chicago was Rip Hamilton away from beating them in a series? Ok
Not a RIP Hamilton away but some more maturing (are two anchors on O and D are young), some more gelling, some more time for Thibs and crew to create some better plays, etc, etc.

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 12:16 AM
good pick up for chicago. damn

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 12:17 AM
I say that in a sense that as kurosaw stated, the general understanding on how to play the bulls is to make someone else besides rose beat you. Which leaves players open. Hamilton has proven he's capable of hitting that open shot. Korver could too, but not vs miami cuz his defense is so bad. And the effort he must expend defending wade or james, has an adverse effect on his shot

GOBB
12-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Miami was 2 games from winning the whole thing. Aquiring Battier made them even more tougher on the perimeter defensively. I just dont see a dropoff roster wise from Miami this year vs last. And while Chicago as a team can gel, grow, mature etc etc. You cant deny Miami after 1 season together would do the same as a unit. Good luck in a series vs Miami.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 12:21 AM
We might not have a lot of creators but we have a lot of good passers like Noah, Boozer, Brewer, Deng.

We won 62 games and went to the WCF with a 4 point scorer in the starting lineup I don't know how he will upgrade the team but we're better with his shot making ability I'll tell you that.

And it's not like we can't still upgrade more.

The Bulls have a good team but the lack of creators will hurt them. Noah is a good passer but can't create his shot and won't demand a double team. Therefore, his passing skills have a very minimal impact on the game. I don't agree that Brewer, Deng and Boozer are good passers.

The Bulls play great D and Rose is borderline unstoppable. They will be a tough out in a 7 game series. However, just like last year, the lack of scoring will hurt them.

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Miami was 2 games from winning the whole thing. Aquiring Battier made them even more tougher on the perimeter defensively. I just dont see a dropoff roster wise from Miami this year vs last. And while Chicago as a team can gel, grow, mature etc etc. You cant deny Miami after 1 season together would do the same as a unit. Good luck in a series vs Miami.

Battier?!?!?

I know the lock out has been rough but your crazy.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Also, teams in the East are getting better and better and better. This includes the Knick's and Heat, primarily. The Bulls need to improve their roster and adding an aged RIP is not going to be enough. He is very similar to Korver except that he has a better mid-range shot.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Battier?!?!?

Battier is a very good role player, defender, shooter, high iq. It was a good signing.

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Battier is a very good role player, defender, shooter, high iq. It was a good signing.

He doesn't put Miami over the top, at all.

Kurosawa0
12-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Also, teams in the East are getting better and better and better. This includes the Knick's and Heat, primarily. The Bulls need to improve their roster and adding an aged RIP is not going to be enough. He is very similar to Korver except that he has a better mid-range shot.

I was ready to buy into the Knicks, but I can't. Not with Mike Bibby running the point. Miami had LeBron and a great defensive system to hide him. New York has none of that. Rose and Rondo will kill them.

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 12:28 AM

Knicks? what the hell? No Boston? jeeeesus Tyson Chandler, huh?

GOBB
12-15-2011, 12:29 AM
He doesn't put Miami over the top, at all.

They were 2 wins from an NBA title. Battier doesnt need to put them over the top genius. :rolleyes:

Go Getter
12-15-2011, 12:30 AM
The Bulls have a good team but the lack of creators will hurt them. Noah is a good passer but can't create his shot and won't demand a double team. Therefore, his passing skills have a very minimal impact on the game. I don't agree that Brewer, Deng and Boozer are good passers.

The Bulls play great D and Rose is borderline unstoppable. They will be a tough out in a 7 game series. However, just like last year, the lack of scoring will hurt them.
You never know. Brewer can create and we have good spot up shooters in Deng, Rip, Watson, and Korver.

Noah, Taj, and Booz are great on the boards.

RIP is just a temp, that spot is open for upgrade.

ConanRulesNBC
12-15-2011, 12:31 AM
:banana:

Kurosawa0
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Battier?!?!?

Battier is exactly the kind of guy Miami needs. They don't need big names, they've got them. They need the guys who can defend, shoot and do the dirty work. Battier hits all three.

If Miami can have a lineup of Wade, Battier, LeBron, Bosh and Haslem to close games, they'll really tough defensively. Probably a better version of the team we saw in the ECF.

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
They were 2 wins from an NBA title. Battier doesnt need to put them over the top genius. :rolleyes:

If Miami meets Dallas again, I think Battier will try to defend Dirk, and fail miserably.

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 12:35 AM

The bulls have 2 guys that can get thir own shot in rose and boozer. Boozer can get his shots in the post. Thibs just doesn't utilize that aspect of boozers game nearly enough. When rose is taking a breather, and watson is in, thibs needs to run the offense through boozer. And have the shooters (watson, hamilton, and korver) surround him, with noah or asik playing weakside.

You don't need to haave 4-5 guys that can create for themselves. Especially when you have a defense like the bulls. The 1st threepeat bulls only had 2 guys that could create their own shot in jordan and pippen. How did that turn out?

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 12:37 AM
The bulls have 2 guys that can get thir own shot in rose and boozer. Boozer can get his shots in the post. Thibs just doesn't utilize that aspect of boozers game nearly enough. When rose is taking a breather, and watson is in, thibs needs to run the offense through boozer. And have the shooters (watson, hamilton, and korver) surround him, with noah or asik playing weakside.

You don't need to haave 4-5 guys that can create for themselves. Especially when you have a defense like the bulls. The 1st threepeat bulls only had 2 guys that could create their own shot in jordan and pippen. How did that turn out?

Jordan and Pippen are one of the best 1-2 combos in the history of Basketball. Carlos Boozer? Nah.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Knicks? what the hell? No Boston? jeeeesus Tyson Chandler, huh?

Boston is older, slower and aged and they have been unable to improve their roster. They will be playing KG at the 5 and Ray Allen's stats have been dropping each and every year.

As for the Knick's, they gone a long long way towards fixing their defensive woes (constantly giving up layups and second chance points in the paint) by adding Chandler.

Kurosawa0
12-15-2011, 12:38 AM
RIP is just a temp, that spot is open for upgrade.

How exactly do you upgrade on RIP? Derrick Rose is going to get maxed and that will restrict Chicago to the mid level.

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Jordan and Pippen are one of the best 1-2 combos in the history of Basketball. Carlos Boozer? Nah.
That's and example. The feeling is that thwyre gonna be easy to defend due to not having enough iso guys.

That's not the way you play organized basketball. That's streetball.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 12:41 AM

LoL, you are really comparing Pippen and Jordan to Rose and Boozer? Seriously?!?! Both Pippen and Jordan are substantially better than Rose and Boozer. It is not even close.

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 12:43 AM
LoL, you are really comparing Pippen and Jordan to Rose and Boozer? Seriously?!?! Both Pippen and Jordan are substantially better than Rose and Boozer. It is not even close.
No, that was just an expample to show that you don't need a bunch of iso guys.

Undisputed
12-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Always been a Rip Hamilton fan. I don't blame him for the fallout in Detroit and his lack of inspiration there toward the end. That organization went full retard when signing BG and Charlie V to those contracts.

Glad to have him in Chicago. He should really fit in with how the Bulls like to play, and he will benefit from having Rose and Boozer on the floor at the same time.

Celtics4ever
12-15-2011, 12:47 AM

And look how close the Bulls were to beating the Heat. Every game came down to the wire. You don't think Rip Hamilton puts the Bulls over the edge? But you think Battier puts the Heat over the hedge? You are delusional man. You used to be a decent poster back in the day, you have lost it GOBB. Maybe you need a SN change like me :D

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Boston is older, slower and aged and they have been unable to improve their roster. They will be playing KG at the 5 and Ray Allen's stats have been dropping each and every year.

As for the Knick's, they gone a long long way towards fixing their defensive woes (constantly giving up layups and second chance points in the paint) by adding Chandler.

bro are you kidding me? Their roster post perkins trade is terrible compared to the 2011-2012 celtics. Brandon Bass can play center, Chris Wilcox is physical, Jeff Green will have a larger role this year, and Keyon Dooling is a good defender. Not to mention they resigned Marquis Daniels and still have Jermaine Oneal.

and last years celtics swept the knicks.

NBA fans say the same thing about Boston every year, it cracks me up

Celtics4ever
12-15-2011, 12:48 AM

Never sleep on Boston. People have been saying that about us for a while, but we still come out elite in the season.

Kurosawa0
12-15-2011, 12:49 AM
That's and example. The feeling is that thwyre gonna be easy to defend due to not having enough iso guys.

That's not the way you play organized basketball. That's streetball.

It's not about iso guys so much as it is just about having talent. Kobe was the only guy who could iso for the Lakers, but they were able to run offense through post play too.

It's really about having several guys that can be the best player on the floor at any given time, no matter the opponent. You can talk about Dirk, but that's the exception, not the rule.

Kurosawa0
12-15-2011, 12:50 AM
bro are you kidding me? Their roster post perkins trade is terrible compared to the 2011-2012 celtics. Brandon Bass can play center, Chris Wilcox is physical, Jeff Green will have a larger role this year, and Keyon Dooling is a good defender. Not to mention they resigned Marquis Daniels and still have Jermaine Oneal.

All of that sounds good, but it doesn't matter. Boston isn't getting out of the East unless KG find the answer to time travel.

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 12:51 AM
All of that sounds good, but it doesn't matter. Boston isn't getting out of the East unless KG find the answer to time travel.

what the hell are you saying?

This is about NBA fans hyping the Knicks over the Celtics. in 2011, I expect people to have a little common sense by now.

GOBB
12-15-2011, 01:03 AM
And look how close the Bulls were to beating the Heat. Every game came down to the wire. You don't think Rip Hamilton puts the Bulls over the edge? But you think Battier puts the Heat over the hedge? You are delusional man. You used to be a decent poster back in the day, you have lost it GOBB. Maybe you need a SN change like me :D

Hedge? Huh?

My point is Miami returning the same team from last season will be tough for anyone in the East or West to defeat in a series. Adding Battier was a solid addition given what he brings. 1 full season having played together would only help not hurt. Who even knows if Mike Miller healthy vs last year can be the added piece some thought he would be when aquired.

Anyway, Rip is a solid addition. Hopefully they can add another quality free agent. Unsure of ther cash situation.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 01:05 AM

and last years celtics swept the knicks.

NBA fans say the same thing about Boston every year, it cracks me up

Celtics swept an injured Knick's team (amare and billups) that had a depleted roster (due to the melo trade) and had played together for like a month or two. You can't judge much from that series and use it to analyze the Knick's this season.

Brandon Bass and Wilcox have never been players that impacted games from what I have seen of them over the years. I do like Jeff Green though and think he is a good asset.

NBA fans AND analyst say the same thing about Boston each year and it is being proven true. They had a lot of initial success but have fallen behind as teams around them improve. Miami dominated a Celtic team that was fully healthy in last years playoffs and I am pretty sure the Bulls would have done the same.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Never sleep on Boston. People have been saying that about us for a while, but we still come out elite in the season.

Elite? Celts, while healthy, lost to the Heat in 5 games last year. Celts will win a lot or regular season games. I don't see them getting out of the second round with their current roster.

bagelred
12-15-2011, 01:08 AM
So Rip Hamilton gets to double dip in salary and go to the team he wants, because he was an unhappy jerkoff last season.

Yeah this makes sense. :facepalm

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Elite? Celts, while healthy, lost to the Heat in 5 games last year. Celts will win a lot or regular season games. I don't see them getting out of the second round with their current roster.

rondo had 1 arm. you crack me up

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Celtics swept an injured Knick's team (amare and billups) that had a depleted roster (due to the melo trade) and had played together for like a month or two. You can't judge much from that series and use it to analyze the Knick's this season.

Brandon Bass and Wilcox have never been players that impacted games from what I have seen of them over the years. I do like Jeff Green though and think he is a good asset.

NBA fans AND analyst say the same thing about Boston each year and it is being proven true. They had a lot of initial success but have fallen behind as teams around them improve. Miami dominated a Celtic team that was fully healthy in last years playoffs and I am pretty sure the Bulls would have done the same.

fallen behind? fully healthy? pierce was 1 jumper away from a 2-2 series before over time, and this is without rondo. your crazy.

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 01:19 AM
fallen behind? fully healthy? pierce was 1 jumper away from a 2-2 series before over time, and this is without rondo. your crazy.

The Big Three were healthy. I don't want to hear about Rondo who is vastly overrated to begin with.

Ainge obviously believes the Celts have fallen behind to some extent which explains his attempts to trade Rondo for CP3 and also acquire David West. These were not tweaks.

(e)
12-15-2011, 01:20 AM
So Rip Hamilton gets to double dip in salary and go to the team he wants, because he was an unhappy jerkoff last season.

Yeah this makes sense. :facepalm

He got bought out. Not amnestied.

His buyout + contract with Chicago puts him around the same ballpark as if he were to just stay in Detroit.

Can't wait to see them play the Lakers on Christmas. :pimp:

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 01:21 AM
The Big Three were healthy. I don't want to hear about Rondo who is vastly overrated to begin with.

Ainge obviously believes the Celts have fallen behind to some extent which explains his attempts to trade Rondo for CP3 and also acquire David West. These were not tweaks.

you said a fully healthy team. don't say stupid shit. i read every word.

Ainge was traded during the original big 3 era in boston. its part of the business bro.

themurph
12-15-2011, 01:22 AM

3rd year is an option...Dial it down....

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 01:22 AM

Ainge also shopped Ray Allen coming off a fantastic season a few years ago. your point is meaningless. Shit happens in Boston.

And by the way, calling the leader of the celtics speedy offense who couldn't even bring the ball down the court overrated is ****in ridiculous.

themurph
12-15-2011, 01:25 AM
Great pickup for the bulls. They officially have no weakness.

I'm a Bulls fan..ride or die...But come on....lol

NUPE_1911
12-15-2011, 01:29 AM
you said a fully healthy team. don't say stupid shit. i read every word.

Ainge was traded during the original big 3 era in boston. its part of the business bro.

Your hall of famers (big three) were healthy and had no ability to slow the Heat. It is what it is. It is not like Rondo shoots much or can even shoot so his arm is a non-issue as far as I am concerned.

You refusing to admit that the Celt's have aged, are less effective and have had less success in the playoffs recently is akin to a Knick fan refusing to admit that the Knick's play terrible defense.

bagelred
12-15-2011, 01:29 AM
He got bought out. Not amnestied.

His buyout + contract with Chicago puts him around the same ballpark as if he were to just stay in Detroit.

Exactly, the Pistons have to pay him as he's playing for the competition.

IBLEEDGREEN20
12-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Your hall of famers (big three) were healthy and had no ability to slow the Heat. It is what it is. It is not like Rondo shoots much or can even shoot so his arm is a non-issue as far as I am concerned.

You refusing to admit that the Celt's have aged, are less effective and have had less success in the playoffs recently is akin to a Knick fan refusing to admit that the Knick's play terrible defense.

recently? as in the 2011 playoffs? cuz they made the finals in 2010, were like 2 games away from the finals in 2009, and won the title in 2008.

obviously with years, comes age. nobody disputes this. you said a fully celtics team was dominated, while their all star point guard was hurt, and you chose horrible words that are false. leave it alone

GOBB
12-15-2011, 01:35 AM
3rd year is an option...Dial it down....

You're late. Next time be early.

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm a Bulls fan..ride or die...But come on....lol
Lol I'm serious bro. I mean, they're not great at every position, but they're not weak at any position.

Bogans shouldve avg 14 ppg with all those open corner shots he got. And while rip isn't great, he solid. And he hasn't played much the last few seasons so he should have a lot left in that body.

Duncan21formvp
12-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Are the Bulls going after Redd too?

GOBB
12-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Are the Bulls going after Redd too?

Redd blows, dont do it Chicago.

dunksby
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Very good signing for the Bulls.

nathanjizzle
12-15-2011, 10:17 AM
hes gonna be good for the bulls

themurph
12-15-2011, 10:56 AM
You're late. Next time be early.

Actually, just be informed....If you are going to have jokes and sh*t on the Bulls, at least get it right...

themurph
12-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Lol I'm serious bro. I mean, they're not great at every position, but they're not weak at any position.

Bogans shouldve avg 14 ppg with all those open corner shots he got. And while rip isn't great, he solid. And he hasn't played much the last few seasons so he should have a lot left in that body.

It's not about open shooters...It's about someone else on the team being able to get their own shot and handle the rock when Rose needs the help...

Rip is not the answer. But I will have fun this season watching my Bulls go to battle. I'm hoping we can truly address the issue by trading for OJ Mayo....

GOBB
12-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Actually, just be informed....If you are going to have jokes and sh*t on the Bulls, at least get it right...

2 posters already replied the details of the deal. You're late, once again. Seems you have a grudge from another thread. Let it go kid. Its not that serious. :roll:

GOBB
12-15-2011, 11:04 AM

Anyway, Rip is a solid addition. Hopefully they can add another quality free agent. Unsure of ther cash situation.

Neither posts implies nor suggests bad move by Bulls. Where is the jokes and sh!tting on Bulls you insecure fan? :roll:

Oh I'm clowning on Keith Bogans? Oh ok, thats it.

Holding a past grudge trying to pick a fight. Tsk Tsk. :no:

themurph
12-15-2011, 11:04 AM
2 posters already replied the details of the deal. You're late, once again. Seems you have a grudge from another thread. Let it go kid. Its not that serious. :roll:

No disrespect....But what r u 12?...lol

No one has the ability to read three pages ahead...It's a silly point to harp on that...Just take the L and keep it moving...

And btw, you are an entertaining mofo....Keep it coming...

The irony is, I agree with you..Signing Rip does not put the Bulls over the top...

GOBB
12-15-2011, 11:09 AM
No disrespect....But what r u 12?...lol

Yes I'm 12 because you misread a post no one else did. Good one kid.

No one has the ability to read three pages ahead...It's a silly point to harp on that...Just take the L and keep it moving...

Huh? You quoted my post that didnt do anything you claimed.

1. I didnt sh!t on the Bulls
2. I didnt sh!t on the signing

So why do you quote and reply to me what others have already? You're holding a grudge. Its that simple.

The irony is, I agree with you..Signing Rip does not put the Bulls over the top...

So you agree with me Rip doesnt put them over the top. So where exactly am I sh!tting on the Bulls? What are you crying about?

By me saying 3 years sucks because no contract details were released at the time but I made mention "I guess 3 years isnt bad because he probably would have went elsewhere". Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. But you made it more than it was. WHY? Dont answer, I did that already. :roll:

You are lookin bad right now. Tsk Tsk

themurph
12-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes I'm 12 because you misread a post no one else did. Good one kid.

Huh? You quoted my post that didnt do anything you claimed.

1. I didnt sh!t on the Bulls
2. I didnt sh!t on the signing

So why do you quote and reply to me what others have already? You're holding a grudge. Its that simple.

So you agree with me Rip doesnt put them over the top. So where exactly am I sh!tting on the Bulls? What are you crying about?

By me saying 3 years sucks because no contract details were released at the time but I made mention "I guess 3 years isnt bad because he probably would have went elsewhere". Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. But you made it more than it was. WHY? Dont answer, I did that already. :roll:

You are lookin bad right now. Tsk Tsk

Nah...I was clowning your premature touchdown dance trying to sh*t on the Bulls for making a 3 year deal, when it wasn't the case...

And while we agree that Rip may not be the answer, I'm not of the mind of thinking that Miami is just going to walk over the Bulls. It will be a dog fight...I just think the Bulls need a bit more creativity next to Rose to actually pull it off...

GOBB
12-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Nah...I was clowning your premature touchdown dance trying to sh*t on the Bulls for making a 3 year deal, when it wasn't the case...

You read into my post more than you should have. Your fault, not mine. And it stems from you holding a grudge from a previous thread. Let it go girlfriend. :roll:

Sidenote: Another Bulls fan said the same thing as me until it was revealed the terms of the deal.

Rose/Watson
RIP/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Boozer/Taj/Scal
Noah/Asik

Guess you skipped over his and went straight to mine.

themurph
12-15-2011, 11:32 AM
You read into my post more than you should have. Your fault, not mine. And it stems from you holding a grudge from a previous thread. Let it go girlfriend. :roll:

Sidenote: Another Bulls fan said the same thing as me until it was revealed the terms of the deal.

Guess you skipped over his and went straight to mine.

Difference between you and e? One guy is saying why he would have rather wanted a 2 year deal, he thinks the Bulls made a solid move...

You on the other hand was playing the role of Debbie Downer, all too happy to sh*t on the deal with a weird kind of glee...lol

GOBB
12-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Difference between you and e? One guy is saying why he would have rather wanted a 2 year deal, he thinks the Bulls made a solid move...

"3 year deal sucks but I guess you had to offer 3 or he would have gone elsewhere"

in themurphs world that means ":banana: :roll: :banana: bulls got pwned omfg 3yrs? ouch, they got RIPped off!"

Sorry your mind allows you to interpret things how you want. Like I said, this stems from a past grudge about a Bulls topic. So now you are looking to pick fights because GOBB hates the Bulls and everything he says is discrediting, dissing, hating, slamming the franchise. And I got this based off not agreeing with him over the Bulls having trade value for a Dwight Howard. He says Bulls dont have value, I say they do. Standstill, now I'll look deeper into his Bulls related posts and make something out of nothing.

Sorry but I just pulled your skirt up and showed the males here your snatch.

Let it go girlfriend.

You on the other hand was playing the role of Debbie Downer, all too happy to sh*t on the deal with a weird kind of glee...lol

Nope.

Go Getter
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM
So when you think about it it's really a great contract because this is a short year, then next year, then the third year we have the option. I would have much rather had Afflalo, but Rip's game and attitude fit perfectly.

The FO was in a tough place...sign Rip, or risk getting no one.

Rose needs to learn how to hit cutters better and with less effort....having Korver and Rip running off screens?

An x & o's coaches dream.

2010splash
12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Bulls have the best starting 5 in the league and will dominate the Heat.

coin24
12-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Interested to see how he will fit in...
Never been a big Rip fan, but he should provide some offense that the Bulls really need...

12-15-2011, 12:28 PM
important thing is...which jersey number will he wear? 32 is taken by CJ watson.

Go Getter
12-15-2011, 01:03 PM
important thing is...which jersey number will he wear? 32 is taken by CJ watson.

I think he'll pay CJ or give him something to get the #. You would think Rip's money is longer and he'd try to pry it from CJ because it means more to him (been a long-toothed vet) but then again when you think about it CJ's been wearing #32 since Tennessee at least.

Who knows?

97 bulls
12-15-2011, 01:04 PM
It's not about open shooters...It's about someone else on the team being able to get their own shot and handle the rock when Rose needs the help...

Rip is not the answer. But I will have fun this season watching my Bulls go to battle. I'm hoping we can truly address the issue by trading for OJ Mayo....
We do have that person in carlos boozer. The bulls don't need another iso guy if hamilton can hit open shots. And what makes the team better is that watson can shoot. That's why I say when rose sits run the offense through boozer. Hell the second team has plenty of strong shooters with korver, watson and bogans (when he's right) and gibsons mid-range shot.

Now I agree, that if we could get mayo, that would be great but we aren't bad right now.