PDA

View Full Version : Rookie you are most intrigued by?

A.M.G.
12-15-2011, 02:41 AM
I'll take Kenneth Faried. I'm not saying he's going to be the best rookie, I'm just curious to see whether a guy who played at a school nobody had heard of before he played there can make it in the NBA. Also he is the top career rebounder in the post 1973-era of college basketball.

He has the highest career rebounding total since Robert Parrish, and Parrish's total was stricken from the records due to NCAA sanctions. With Kenyon Martin and Wilson Chandler trapped in China, I can't help but root for Faried to become a good underdog story in Denver.

Also intrigued by Enes Kanter. The Jazz seem to have a crowded frontcourt at the moment, so who knows whether Kanter will play much this year or if the Jazz might trade him. But dude looks like a rich man's Luis Scola, which could be pretty good.

Want to see what Derrick Williams can do for the Timberwolves, wonder if he can play any SF.

Jimmer in Sacramento could be interesting, or as is usually the case with white college stars, disappointing and irrelevant.

Kemba Walker in Charlotte, I don't know who the **** else is going to score for them. Do they have Maggette? When an aging Corey Maggette and Boris Diaw are your best established scoring options, you're hurting. Bustmack Biyombo could disprove my pre-emptively derisive nickname.

I'll throw out Jeremy Tyler as an intriguing second-rounder. He may be a ****ing fool, but he's big and athletic, and there may be playing time on Golden State. Josh Selby is interesting too, I mean he was Rivals #1 overall player, maybe he just is more suited to pro style of play? memphis may have got a steal considering how far he fell.

Jan Vesely in Washington could be fun, should at least be a rich man's Jonas Jerebko, will make for some neat white boy dunks.

Can't wait to see if either Kyrie Irving or Tristan Thompson will live up to their lofty draft status, or if Cleveland will end up getting laughed at. Although I believe Tristan Thompson will be a resounding bust, I hope he will prove me wrong and do his country proud. He won't though.

Lastly, I can't wait to watch Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrelson spend the entire season on the end of the Knicks bench in nicely tailored suits, while players drafted after them make all-rookie teams and get talked about as second round steals. And it won't be because the Knicks are good this year, it will be because Shumpert probably belonged in the mid-second round (he has talent but never led G-Tech to any success), and Harrelson had no business getting drafted at all.

Collie
12-15-2011, 02:42 AM
He won't be coming over this year, but I'm highly interested in Jonas Valanciunas. I feel he has the most potential of all the draft picks this year.

ThePointGuard11
12-15-2011, 02:48 AM
I saw Faried play at the Drew league, jumps out of the gym and plays with TONS of energy. I couldn't help but think of a young Dennis Rodman, he's more athletic though.

As for the rookie I'm most intrigued by, I'd have to say Kyrie Irving. I saw him play in high school at the Nike Extravaganza out here in Cali and thought he was the best player at the tournament. His knowledge of the game/basketball IQ is great for a player so young but I question his mental toughness and heart, seems to nonchalant at times. Outside of him, I'd have to go with Brandon Knight. He's being compared to a prime Chauncey Billups in Detroit, the only question is will he fail like his predecessor Rodney Stuckey or become the point guard Detroit so desperately needs? I'm hoping for the latter, but only time will tell.

statman32
12-15-2011, 02:52 AM
One guy who hasnt been listed but is VERY intriguing is Rubio. We have been listening about him for the past 5 years, and this season we actually get to watch him play in the NBA. I'm pumped.

Primary
12-15-2011, 02:53 AM
Derrick Williams and the Europeans. namely Kanter, Vesely, and Valanciunas

Zedja
12-15-2011, 02:56 AM
Would Rubio count? I want to see how he fares.

A.M.G.
12-15-2011, 03:02 AM
Completely forgot about Rubio. In fact, he should probably be considered pre-season favourite for rookie of the year, all things considered.

MichaelCheazley
12-15-2011, 03:07 AM
Ricky rubio. And for team reasons, norris cole. He seems to have good potential.

DStebb716
12-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Marshon Brooks.

KembaWalker
12-15-2011, 03:59 AM
I think it would be intriguing as to how the Bobcats go about developing Bismack Biyombo, I have high hopes for the kid.

zac
12-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Bismack Biyambo
Josh Selby

rodman91
12-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Rubio and Kanter. Rubio hyped so much.. so i wonder what's gonna happen :lol I like Kanter's mentality. He likes playing at post.

bballnoob
12-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Interested in Leonard over in San Antonio. I think he has great role playing potential especially since they already have established playmakers over there with Parker and Gino. I've always though he could easily carve out a niche playing that Bruce Bowen role of developing the corner 3 shot while bringing additional rebounding from the 3 position.

fatboy11
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Being a Rocket fan, Marcus Morris.

blablabla
12-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Faried want too see him kill love on the glass
shumpert tall athletic should be a great defender
fredette crazy 3s

rufuspaul
12-15-2011, 12:06 PM
<----------------

mattvNJ
12-15-2011, 12:07 PM
My boy Josh Selby, also trying to see if rubio is a bust and also i like Faired i think he's gonna take a little long to develop fully but he's gonna be a beast. Rebounds like crazy and is athletic as they come

qrich
12-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Malcolm Lee up in Minnesota.

I'm also curious on Travis Leslie/Trey Thompkins for the Clips. Leslie might get minimal playing time but he is an athletic freak while Thompkins has reportedly impressed in practice.

Sakkreth
12-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Rubio should be solid, but he won't be ROY , he's simply not good enough at scoring.

RintjeRitsma
12-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Shumpert - Big super athletic guard, hard worker, not afraid of the challenge, good form on his jumper and he sounds like a smart guy in interviews.

Faried - Was hoping Portland would pick him.

Kanter - Interesting to see what kind of duo he can form with Favors.

Walker/Biyombo.

WhySoInsecure?
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Lastly, I can't wait to watch Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrelson spend the entire season on the end of the Knicks bench in nicely tailored suits, while players drafted after them make all-rookie teams and get talked about as second round steals. And it won't be because the Knicks are good this year, it will be because Shumpert probably belonged in the mid-second round (he has talent but never led G-Tech to any success), and Harrelson had no business getting drafted at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1OMc3l3N0&sns=em

Melo was already praising him after the first few practices

Miller for 3
12-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Kemba, Rubio, Faried and Jimmer :rockon:

NugzFan
12-15-2011, 01:00 PM
besides faried and hamilton...

rubio.

Godzuki
12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
supposedly Charlotte has been praising Kemba talking about his mid range is sick. personally i want to see that kid vesley or whatever for the Wizards, his highlights and movement ability was freak for his size. not really too impressed with kanter at all....also want to see Rubio since there has been a lot of arguing about him for years. i wanted Jimmer to succeed but that squad has so many scorers, i can't see him being more than a part time gunner.

alenleomessi
12-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Kanter, Vesely, Rubio

TMT
12-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Kemba Walker, Iman Shumpert, Kawhi Leonard and Marshon Brooks.

Theoo's Daddy
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Norris cole
Josh selby
charles jenkins
Iman schumpert
Isaiah thomas 2.0
Kemba walker

hoopslife
12-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Jan Vesely has swag. Looking forwarding to watching him play.

As a Magic Fan Justin Harper looks like he could be Rashard Lewis lite so that should be interesting...

Crown&Coke
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Kawhi Leonard

there has to be something special about this kid for the Spurs to give up a young up and coming guard like George Hill for him. The Spurs don't normally wiff on draft picks either.

I just heard Scotty Reynolds got picked up by Utah too, I wanna see how he does if he lasts past the first round of cuts. And Utah normally gets those undrafted gems too

Kanter too, dude got taken #3 overall and Utah is stacked with bigs

Shade8780
12-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Kemba

hoopaddict08
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
It is hard for me to pick just one. There are a lot I find intriguing.

Probably one of the most intriguing would be Faried. I really wish the Pistons had an additional 1st round pick to draft him. His game screams Detroit style basketball.

Next would be Brandon Knight.

Then I would say guys like Kanter, Walker, and Bismack.

Deuce Bigalow
12-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Goudelock, will he be raining them 3s like he did in college? I hope so
and Darius Morris, obviously Fisher and Blake are pretty old, so is he the future starting PG of the Lakers?

HylianNightmare
12-15-2011, 08:16 PM
justin harper

fubu05
12-15-2011, 08:21 PM
2 Players.

Jonas. You mean... a Euro big man.. who's tough, physical, with a good post game, plays great defense, swats like a beast? Haven't had one like that in a real long time.

Kemba. Can he succeed being undersized.

outbreak
12-15-2011, 08:23 PM
biyombo, walker and valanciunas (spelling?) for me. Was happy Biyombo and Walker landed together on a team they can get big minutes on.

dyna
12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Kemba Walker
Kyrie Irving
Enes Kanter
Alec Burks
Ricky Rubio
Iman Shumpert
Kenneth Faried
Norris Cole

A.M.G.
12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Valaciunas will not be playing for the Raptors this year. I think he has to pay a huge buyout to leave his European team, and the Raptors are only allowed to pay like a small amount of it. Hopefully he will come over next year.

Dwyane Rose
12-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Josh Selby.

I wanna see if there's a good reason he dropped from the top point guard prospect in the world to the 49th pick in the 2011 draft, a draft class considered to be quite weak.

blacknapalm
12-15-2011, 09:06 PM
enes kanter
reggie jackson
kenneth faried
darius morris

Jasper
12-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Tobi Harris for the Bucks will get very little play time , unless someone breaks , but at 19 one of the youngest talents in the league and for sure youngest the Bucks may ever have.

Hope to see him get some playing time - no matter what time in the game.

PJR
12-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Norris Cole.

ballsohard247
12-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Kemba
Biyombo
Leonard
Cole
Rubio
Williams
Irving

TaLvsCuaL
12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Greg Oden :cry:

percolator
12-15-2011, 09:28 PM
As a Knicks fan it's obviously gotta be Shumpert. Lot of different opinions about him, and the Knicks are really going to need him to contribute.

Overall, Jimmer and Rubio and it isn't even close. Both guys crazy skilled, both huge questions as to how their games will translate to the NBA.

Kemba I think is going to be good right away, to me he's the biggest sure thing in this draft. I'll be really surprised if I'm wrong about him.

I would have been intrigued by Biyombo, but apparently he's not playing for the Bobcats this year.

IGotACoolStory
12-19-2011, 04:24 AM
Bismack because I believe he is going to be absolutely terrible.

And Charles Jenkins because he was a freaking BALLER in college. I don't care that he came out of a small school, he tore up all the competition he faced. Look it up.

Scoooter
12-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Rubio!

(e)
12-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Morris twins
Alec Burks
Jimmy Butler
Derrick Williams

Floppy
12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Please elaborate.

ukballer
12-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Being a Charlotte fan, hoping for big things from Kemba. Not many rookies (Kyrie aside) this season get in a situation like his where he basically gets given free reign and instantly becomes a main option. Hopefully he'll thrive in it.

I don't know much about all the rookie class for this season as being from the UK I don't get to see much College ball, but I'm interested to see how Marshon Brooks plays.

DukeDelonte13
12-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Tristian Thompson. Very Intrigued.

KembaWalker
12-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Jimmy Butler :bowdown:

MastahX
12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Alec Burks

Kujo
12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Being a Charlotte fan, hoping for big things from Kemba. Not many rookies (Kyrie aside) this season get in a situation like his where he basically gets given free reign and instantly becomes a main option. Hopefully he'll thrive in it.

I don't know much about all the rookie class for this season as being from the UK I don't get to see much College ball, but I'm interested to see how Marshon Brooks plays.

How long before Kemba starts over D.J.?

Bismack. He's pretty much a mystery. Will he be another Motumbo?

Looking forward to seeing what Jimmer, and Rubio do. Also, the Canadian kids Thompson, and Joseph.

Irving as well.

PTstyle272
12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Kawhi Leonard, just to be able to see what the Pacers gave up

Sakkreth
12-19-2011, 12:26 PM
2 Players.

Jonas. You mean... a Euro big man.. who's tough, physical, with a good post game, plays great defense, swats like a beast? Haven't had one like that in a real long time.

Kemba. Can he succeed being undersized.

So sad Jonas can't play this season yet for Raptors... Also you said like it's strange that Euro is tough, name me lithuanian that played in nba and was soft (I know one but he hardly counts as nba player).