PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith mentioning what teams he wants to play for on Twitter

Rowe
12-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Clips done coming off the bench! RT @QuanM_11: @TheRealJRSmith would u rather go to the LA Clippers or back to Denver Nuggets

Thats what u think RT @ItsMatt30: @TheRealJRSmith You Wouldn't Start For The Clips. Come Back To Denver!

Not going to lie NY would be nice! @carmeloanthony start over in the big apple!

Always wanted to wear that black n the red wit the #bulls since 23

Lol RT @bigsexxi42: @TheRealJRSmith ummmm bring your talents to LA, thanks.. Lol
http://twitter.com/TheRealJRSmith

Chinese Jordan will have to settle for a minimum deal, but he's gonna be a huge pick-up whenever he becomes a Free Agent.

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 03:35 AM
can someone translate that? i have no idea who is saying what?

twitter is stupid.

chazzy
12-16-2011, 03:38 AM

twitter is stupid.
He wants to start and mentions the Bulls, Clippers, and Knicks as possible destinations

ConanRulesNBC
12-16-2011, 03:39 AM
Always wanted to wear that black n the red wit the #bulls since 23

I would love this. Bulls had him but traded him before he even played a game. Move Rip to the bench and start JR Smith.

Naoh/Asik
Boozer/Taj/Scalabrine
Deng/Korver/Brewer
JR Smith/Rip/Brewer
Rose/Watson

Rowe

twitter is stupid.

Translation: He has no interest in returning for Denver

He wants to play for the Clippers, Knicks, or Bulls

Al Thornton
it's just so strange when players want to come to the clippers.

Clutch
12-16-2011, 03:40 AM

twitter is stupid.
J.R.Smith thinks he would start for the Clippers.
He also wouldn't mind playing for the Knicks.
On the other hand he wanted to be in Bulls jersey since Michael Jordan played there.

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 03:41 AM
He wants to start and mentions the Bulls, Clippers, and Knicks as possible destinations

thanks.

Rowe
I would love this. Bulls had him but traded him before he even played a game. Move Rip to the bench and start JR Smith.

Naoh/Asik
Boozer/Taj/Scalabrine
Deng/Korver/Brewer
JR Smith/Rip/Brewer
Rose/Watson

Thats a nasty backcourt. Rose would have no excuses not to up his assist numbers with Rip & JR Smith rotating at the SG position.

Can you imagine Rose & JR Smith on the fastbreak? :eek:

NugzFan
Translation: He has no interest in returning for Denver

perfect....thanks. wanted to hear/read that. just couldnt figure it out from the twitter stuff.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 03:42 AM
Would be sick on the Clippers. My problem is we don't need another guy who wants to score 20 points a game. I have a feeling he wouldn't buy into the idea that CP3+Griffin= the franchise players.

Rowe
12-16-2011, 03:44 AM
it's just so strange when players want to come to the clippers.
Clippers are the new team everybody wants to play for.

CP3 is one of the most popular players in the NBA & Blake Griffin's potential of becoming a superstar makes guys want to join up and be apart of something they think will be "special".

JR Smith is the perfect option at SG for LA. He can easily match Eric Gordon's production in a starting role at around 19 PPG.

Clutch
12-16-2011, 03:46 AM

CP3 is one of the most popular players in the NBA & Blake Griffin's potential of becoming a superstar makes guys want to join up and be apart of something they think will be "special".

JR Smith is the perfect option at SG for LA. He can easily match Eric Gordon's production in a starting role at around 19 PPG.
And he would need only 25 shots per game to do that :lol

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 03:46 AM

jr would be PERFECT for the clips :applause: :rockon:

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 03:47 AM
So you guys are that confident JR wouldn't mind being a 3rd or 4th option even as a starter? I'm not confident about that. Dude wants to be THE MAN.

NuggetsFan
J.R will be a great pickup for a team. He's a great wildcard. His streaking shooting can literally win you games when he get's hot. He's obviously a knuckle head and abit of a headache but I think it'd be worth it. He's putting effort in on defense. His midrange game was really starting to take off too.

He'd be HUGE for the Knicks or Bulls when you consider the risk\reward factor. Still rather see him on a team like the Bobcats where he'd be able to chuck and put on a show :lol . Raptors perhaps.

Rowe
Would be sick on the Clippers. My problem is we don't need another guy who wants to score 20 points a game. I have a feeling he wouldn't buy into the idea that CP3+Griffin= the franchise players.
CP3 is only going to give you 15 or so PPG.

Hes no longer aggresively looking for his shot like he did under Byron Scott in New Orleans. Having to shoulder such a load of scoring as well as creating for others is what led to his injuries.

Jordan has no offensive impact, Griffin will give you his 22 PPG, and I'd be shocked if Caron Butler averaged over 15 PPG without shooting below 40% from the Field.

At the very least Smith would come right in and knock down open 3's all game. The greatest asset of a PG/PF combo is that it leaves the shooters open on the wing.

Clutch
12-16-2011, 03:48 AM
J.R will be a great pickup for a team. He's a great wildcard. His streaking shooting can literally win you games when he get's hot. He's obviously a knuckle head and abit of a headache but I think it'd be worth it. He's putting effort in on defense. His midrange game was really starting to take off too.

He'd be HUGE for the Knicks or Bulls when you consider the risk\reward factor. Still rather see him on a team like the Bobcats where he'd be able to chuck and put on a show :lol . Raptors perhaps.
I agree.Would love to see him on a bad team chucking shots like crazy.

NuggetsFan
12-16-2011, 03:50 AM
I agree.Would love to see him on a bad team chucking shots like crazy.

He would attempt anything. Seen him try to 360 a layup in traffic for no reason. He'll never be a smart player but he's fun to watch and when he's on he goes crazy.

I reaaaally hope sometime before he turns 30 he finds a team that's basically tanking and doesn't have any star caliber players to really develop and are willing to give him 35+ minutes a night and do his thing. Wouldn't lead to wins but entertainment for sure, if you weren't a fan of that team anyways.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 03:51 AM
CP3 is only going to give you 15 or so PPG.

Hes no longer aggresively looking for his shot like he did under Byron Scott in New Orleans. Having to shoulder such a load of scoring as well as creating for others is what led to his injuries.

Jordan has no offensive impact, Griffin will give you his 22 PPG, and I'd be shocked if Caron Butler averaged over 15 PPG without shooting below 40% from the Field.

At the very least Smith would come right in and knock down open 3's all game. The greatest asset of a PG/PF combo is that it leaves the shooters open on the wing.

Wanna place a wager with me right now?

Griffin will average 24+ ppg this year. CP3 will average 19+ ppg. They are going to raise each other up big. I'm willing to bet you a 1 month avy on this if you want. We can cash in at all star break or end of season, up to you.

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 03:52 AM
So you guys are that confident JR wouldn't mind being a 3rd or 4th option even as a starter? I'm not confident about that. Dude wants to be THE MAN.

he wouldnt mind at all. he would fit perfectly.

Rowe
12-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Hes never been "the man" so why would he want to be "the man" now?

Hes always played his role as a 6th Man, even when Melo left and Denver badly needed someone to step in and fill his void. Smith kept producing at the same rate off the bench, instead of trying to take over every game like some people thought he would.

JR could've been "the man" for a bad NBA team, but he enjoys winning.

Lets be honest he would/could average 25 PPG in Charlotte or Toronto and go to the All Star Game.

yanix
12-16-2011, 03:53 AM
i think after the k-mart era
those Denver Thugets players wouldn't mind to return
and Birdman is going to be the last thug

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 03:54 AM
he wouldnt mind at all. he would fit perfectly.

I'll take your word for it. I'm sure I haven't watched as much JR as you. When I've seen him... he seems to have a questionable shot selection and take way more shots than he should. Honestly though is he an upgrade to Billups who put up like 17.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 5.5 apg or w/e last year?

Clutch
12-16-2011, 03:54 AM
He would attempt anything. Seen him try to 360 a layup in traffic for no reason. He'll never be a smart player but he's fun to watch and when he's on he goes crazy.

I reaaaally hope sometime before he turns 30 he finds a team that's basically tanking and doesn't have any star caliber players to really develop and are willing to give him 35+ minutes a night and do his thing. Wouldn't lead to wins but entertainment for sure, if you weren't a fan of that team anyways.
You also forgot to mention all crazy ways of celebrating he would bring to table.

I'm sure all of you remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK62SBsGZH0

Rowe
12-16-2011, 03:55 AM
Wanna place a wager with me right now?

Griffin will average 24+ ppg this year. CP3 will average 19+ ppg. They are going to raise each other up big. I'm willing to bet you a 1 month avy on this if you want. We can cash in at all star break or end of season, up to you.
Deal.

Blake needs a mid-range jumpshot, and CP3 has no intentions of attempting to go for 20+ every night. What he did in New Orleans would show you that hes taking a different, better approach to the game.

Blake doesn't make CP3 better because Blake doesn't require a double team at this stage of his career, CP3 makes Blake better tho.

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 03:56 AM

whats a thug? what makes birdman a thug?

Rowe
12-16-2011, 03:57 AM
whats a thug? what makes birdman a thug?
Because he has tattoos and has a nickname.

:oldlol:

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Deal.

Blake needs a mid-range jumpshot, and CP3 has no intentions of attempting to go for 20+ every night. What he did in New Orleans would show you that hes taking a different, better approach to the game.

Blake doesn't make CP3 better because Blake doesn't require a double team at this stage of his career, CP3 makes Blake better tho.

:roll: WTF dude? Blatant trolling? Only player who saw more doubles/defensive attention last year than Griffin is Howard. Which is exactly why I said CP3 will see a boost. The doubles= wide open 3's for a much improved outside shot by CP3. I'm sure you'll watch a lot of Clippers games this year and see what I'm talking about.

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Because he has tattoos and has a nickname.

:oldlol:

oh. so a "thug" is a person with tattoos and has a nickname?

got it. thanks.

yanix
12-16-2011, 04:00 AM

got it. thanks.
2 years suspension of drug abuse
enough sayin'

Kiarip
12-16-2011, 04:01 AM
you're an absolute ****ing moron. How is birdman a thug?

Kiarip
12-16-2011, 04:02 AM
enough sayin'
that makes you a drug addict not a thug.

Rowe
:roll: WTF dude? Blatant trolling? Only player who saw more doubles/defensive attention last year than Griffin is Howard. Which is exactly why I said CP3 will see a boost. The doubles= wide open 3's for a much improved outside shot by CP3. I'm sure you'll watch a lot of Clippers games this year and see what I'm talking about.

Blake doesn't require a double team.

That was my point.

It isnt hard to see why Blake received double teams for the Clippers last year when you look at his usage rate, but then you look at their number of losses as well which makes it understandable.

With CP3 & others improving this team, I highly doubt any team will need to double him. They know where he gets his baskets and they know where he can't shoot from, which is anywhere 10 feet out.

NuggetsFan
enough sayin'

Anybody can do drugs. Not exclusive to "thugs". If you want to stereotype Bird I'd probably say he'd fit into the "hick" area more so than thug. Stereotyping NBA players based on tatoo's and drug suspensions is pretty stupid tho.

Rowe
12-16-2011, 04:03 AM

got it. thanks.

Yep, thats how people see it.

I dont care tbh. Birdman seems like a cool dude and knowing his background story, I have a lot of respect for him.

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 04:04 AM
enough sayin'

ok so a "thug" is a guy with tattoos, a nickname and did/does drugs?

got it. thanks.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Blake doesn't require a double team.

That was my point.

It isnt hard to see why Blake received double teams for the Clippers last year when you look at his usage rate, but then you look at their number of losses as well which makes it understandable.

With CP3 & others improving this team, I highly doubt any team will need to double him. They know where he gets his baskets and they know where he can't shoot from, which is anywhere 10 feet out.

Let me ask this. If you admit CP3 makes Griffin better why will Griffin's PPG stay the same despite his shot attempts likely increasing? Then with Griffin's passing ability and court vision why won't CP3's scoring go up? His knee is supposedly healthier and he will be much more wide open with the weapons Clippers have. There isn't a single player you can leave open in our starting 5. Even DeAndre will dunk on you and get team/crowd pumped if you leave him.

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Anybody can do drugs. Not exclusive to "thugs". If you want to stereotype Bird I'd probably say he'd fit into the "hick" area more so than thug. Stereotyping NBA players based on tatoo's and drug suspensions is pretty stupid tho.

just let him keep making himself look stupid...

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Yep, thats how people see it.

I dont care tbh. Birdman seems like a cool dude and knowing his background story, I have a lot of respect for him.

no, i know. i just wanted to see how yanix could answer the question. :oldlol:

Haymaker
12-16-2011, 04:07 AM

twitter is stupid.

repped

TheBluest
12-16-2011, 04:08 AM
CLIP THIS

http://i53.tinypic.com/33tjx4i.png

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 04:14 AM
son of a bitch! i got negged! :mad:

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 04:15 AM
repped

ok thanks - it evened out the neg i got. :D

anyone know what i can do with my "points"? can i redeem them at a gift shop or anything?

Haymaker
12-16-2011, 04:16 AM
CLIP THIS

Did he? :facepalm

Haymaker
12-16-2011, 04:18 AM
ok thanks - it evened out the neg i got. :D

anyone know what i can do with my "points"? can i redeem them at a gift shop or anything?

You can always donate them to a hungry kid in Africa.

Kobr
12-16-2011, 04:27 AM
Aren't Smith and Afflalo both free agents?

With the Clippers' $13,124,968 in cap space, couldn't they sign J.R. ($6,757,851) and Afflalo ($1,959,577) and still have around $4.4 million in remaining cap room?

NugzFan
12-16-2011, 04:29 AM

With the Clippers' $13,124,968 in cap space, couldn't they sign J.R. ($6,757,851) and Afflalo ($1,959,577) and still have around $4.4 million in remaining cap room?

if they signed afflalo for 2 mill that would be the greatest day ever!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 04:31 AM

That cap is gone after Billups+DJ extension dude. Clippers are now over cap a couple million. We got 3.5 million trade exception which counts as cap though.

WeGetRing2012
12-16-2011, 04:37 AM
He would go to the Clippers and seriously think he's the best SG in LA. :facepalm

airchibundo507
12-16-2011, 06:40 AM
come to the knicks!!!

Nash
12-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Those chinese guys should play for Miami from Mars to the finals, win a ring and get the **** off for new fat contracts next summer.

bagelred
12-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Gee, NY....what a surprise.......:rolleyes: no thanks, this isn't the Isiah era. No bad attitude players, thanks anyway.

Geezer
12-16-2011, 09:27 AM
CLIP THIS

LOL did he really have 17 FGA in the first quarter or is that a photoshop?

Either way it's kind of believable which reflects what JR is really about :lol

knightfall88
12-16-2011, 09:35 AM
So JR Smith can get out of his Chinese contract?

TimmyDuncan
12-16-2011, 09:40 AM
CLIP THIS

It has to be a fake.
I could believe it if it was in high school or even college but not in an actual NBA game.

FourthTenor
12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Just keep it movin, JR.... keep it movin. Walk on by.

Sarcastic
12-16-2011, 10:17 AM

twitter is stupid.

In the first one:

Clips done coming off the bench! RT @QuanM_11: @TheRealJRSmith would u rather go to the LA Clippers or back to Denver Nuggets

QuanM_11 asked JR Smith "would u rather go to the LA Clippers or back to Denver Nuggets" and he retweeted the question and answered with "Clips done coming off the bench!"

niko
12-16-2011, 10:20 AM
And he would need only 25 shots per game to do that :lol
and he'd get them.

LosBulls
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Look at his twitter page. Red hat red jacket red hair..hmm...

FourthTenor
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
and he'd get them.

He wouldnt get them, he'd take them.

knightfall88
12-16-2011, 10:33 AM
How do you guys know he can get out of his Chinese contract?

pegasus
12-16-2011, 12:32 PM
How do you guys know he can get out of his Chinese contract?

Their season ends in late April I think, so they can come back and sign with playoff teams.