PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon will be BETTER than CP3

Jay-B
12-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Is the Clippers front office blind or something? Gordon is a beastttttttttttt, in 56 games last year the dude averaged 22.3 ppg 4.4 apg

I just don't get it, WHY do you trade all those assets for CP3 when you already have someone more explosive? stupid if you ask me . . . . .

Kornheiser
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/q5hUN.jpg

NumberSix
12-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Who?

Jay-B
12-16-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't know, do you guys watch basketball?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/984853-chris-paul-to-clippers-why-eric-gordon-not-cp3-will-be-biggest-star-in-deal

they think so too

PleezeBelieve
12-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't know, do you guys watch basketball?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/984853-chris-paul-to-clippers-why-eric-gordon-not-cp3-will-be-biggest-star-in-deal

they think so too
Jay-B, you rap?!?!?!?

Scoooter
12-16-2011, 03:31 PM
But will he be a better fit with Griffin and D. Jordan? The Clippers are obviously banking on those two as future cornerstones of their franchise. CP3 will get more out of Deandre Jordan than Eric Gordon would have.

PleezeBelieve
12-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Is the Clippers front office blind or something? Gordon is a beastttttttttttt, in 56 games last year the dude averaged 22.3 ppg 4.4 apg

I just don't get it, WHY do you trade all those assets for CP3 when you already have someone more explosive? stupid if you ask me . . . . .
I hope you can rap cause you're an idiot about basketball.

Kblaze8855
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
You say that like 22/4(in 56 games on top of it) on a lottery team is even terribly impressive by the standards of the good young stars lately. Eric will be 23 on opening day.

Kevin Martin put up 20, 24, and 25 in 3 straight years when he was younger. Jason Richardson was putting up 19-23ppg with 6-7 rebounds and 3 assists on teams that won about like the Clippers last year. Monta has done 26 and 25 a game. Roy was all NBA at 23 or so. Rose was MVP a 21. Westbrook is going Gary Payton numbers(not that hes Gary Payton effective). Lebron was on a HOF level his second season out of HS. Melo was putting up 29/6/4 at 22. Tmac, Durant, Kobe, KG, Paul, and Deron...all of them on a HOf level by 22.

Doing 23 a game in a partial season at 23? Larry Hughes put up 23/6/4 over 30+ games when he was traded tothe Warriors and he was a 21 year old sophmore.

Larry gotdamn Hughes.

Eric might be the next superstar. He might be Kevin Martin.

Nothing seen so far suggests hes any more special than any of the many many many many young guys who do good numbers at 22-23 years old on teams that dont matter.

Hes a good young player. But hes not proven much at all. Sure not enough to say hes gonna be better than Chris Paul...who by the way...is only 26.

PleezeBelieve
12-16-2011, 03:40 PM
You say that like 22/4(in 56 games on top of it) on a lottery team is even terribly impressive by the standards of the good young stars lately. Eric will be 23 on opening day.

Kevin Martin put up 20, 24, and 25 in 3 straight years when he was younger. Jason Richardson was putting up 19-23ppg with 6-7 rebounds and 3 assists on teams that won about like the Clippers last year. Monta has done 26 and 25 a game. Roy was all NBA at 23 or so. Rose was MVP a 21. Westbrook is going Gary Payton numbers(not that hes Gary Payton effective). Lebron was on a HOF level his second season out of HS. Melo was putting up 29/6/4 at 22. Tmac, Durant, Kobe, KG, Paul, and Deron...all of them on a HOf level by 22.

Doing 23 a game in a partial season at 23? Larry Hughes put up 23/6/4 over 30+ games when he was traded tothe Warriors and he was a 21 year old sophmore.

Larry gotdamn Hughes.

Nothing seen so far suggests hes any more special than any of the many many many many young guys who do good numbers at 22-23 years old on teams that dont matter.

Hes a good young player. But hes not proven much at all. Sure not enough to say hes gonna be better than Chris Paul...who by the way...is only 26.
LMAO... GOTDAMN!!

pauk
12-16-2011, 03:42 PM
wtf... hell NO!

LoneyROY7
12-16-2011, 03:44 PM
wtf...hell YES!

SacJB Shady
12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
better than paul? im doubtful

JD_TO
12-16-2011, 05:12 PM

Larry gotdamn Hughes.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kobr
12-16-2011, 05:17 PM
we'll see.. i think the Clippers made a wise decision trading for CP3 though

Skywalker
12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
lol Chris Paul is an elite gamebreaker you MORON. Gordon might be nice but to be a gamebreaker at SG you gotta do more than score unless you're doing that Kobe 35 ppg business.

DuMa
12-16-2011, 05:22 PM

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab30/16bitninja/steve-austin.gif

ballsohard247
12-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I like Eric Gordon but do you know exactly how good CP3 is? Even last year when he wasn't 100% he was still a gamechanger and gave the Lakers all they could handle in the playoffs. I have no doubt Gordon will continue to improve but it's doubtful he will reach CP3 level.

shootingcomets
12-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Gordon's ceiling is more like a Joe Johnson if anything while CP can make everyone on the team better

It's funny how people can think a 22ppg SG is better than chris paul

give me a 30+ppg SG for any sort of comparison

bizil
12-16-2011, 06:34 PM
CP3 is a top ten player in the L and the best PG in the L in my book. Rose I feel is also a top ten player in the L as well, but I dig Paul's combo of passing ability combined with the ability to go off scoring as well for my PG. EG is a SG and a beast indeed. But in order for him to be considered than CP3, he has to eventually get on the level of a DWade at the SG or damn close. D Wade is the top SG in the L and a top 5 GOAT SG of all time. CP3 peak value wise is a top 10 PG of all time. And in the GOAT sense, he's about to make his assault on the legends in that regard as well. So EG has big time work to do before he can get to that level. All Star type SG's like JJ and Ginobli were NEVER as good as CP3 in my book.

Semi
12-16-2011, 06:43 PM
What's going on with you? Why is Chris Paul so underrated here? In my opinion he is the best point guard in the league. A player that has control of the whole flow of the game. It's something only a few players in the league have. Paul is a player everybody want's to have and Eric Gordon is a player who can lead a bad team in scoring. Here are so many retards!

Ronin
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM

Gordon's good but who knows if you can build around him. CP3 is a "franchise" player for sure.

qrich
12-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Gordon is a top 5 shooting guard at the moment, and will continue to improve, and I can see him one day being, arguably, the best shooting guard in the association. Damn good player with room to still grow, but the Clippers made the right move here with the contract he wanted and the Clippers needing a star, right now.

I just hope the Hornets can find a championship #1 option, as I can't see EJ ever being the top option on a contending side, maybe a 1A/1B situation, but thats about it (which is why I wanted to keep him with CP and Blake)

wakencdukest
12-16-2011, 07:45 PM

You don't get it? Maybe it's because CP3 will breakdown defenses by penetrating and dishing to the open man. Or maybe if he isn't penetrating he'll pound the ball in to Griffin and Jordan constantly. Either way, he's way more valuable than Gordon will ever be.

Akrazotile
05-22-2014, 12:52 AM
Someone actually made this thread once??