PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Kris Humphries have a contract?

InspiredLebowski
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Preseason starts today. He's not anything more than a roleplayer and last year may or may not have been a fluke, but he's coming off a double double year and is still only 26. I haven't even heard any rumors about interested teams.

So what's the deal? Are teams legitimately scared off by the Kardashian stuff and all the unwanted attention that comes with it?

DuMa
12-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm perplexed too. He is one of the league's best rebounders and hustle guys. He has legit size for the 4 spot and can fill time at the 5. Also has crazy hops and finishing ability around the rim.

niko
12-16-2011, 05:35 PM
He was always considered flaky and he's spent the last few months pretending to be married to kim K and now fighting with her over money in the public. SO that dried up the big multi year offers. He also figure's he'll either get huge money for one year from Nets or maybe best case, he gets thrown into a S&T for big money to make salaries match in a trade. So he's waiting on best option left, Nets.

Nets will give him 1 year $10M easy.

HylianNightmare
12-16-2011, 05:35 PM
lets get this man as a backup for the magic

no pun intended
12-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Lakers should've got him instead of McRoberts.

Rowe
12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
He was always considered flaky and he's spent the last few months pretending to be married to kim K and now fighting with her over money in the public. SO that dried up the big multi year offers. He also figure's he'll either get huge money for one year from Nets or maybe best case, he gets thrown into a S&T for big money to make salaries match in a trade. So he's waiting on best option left, Nets.

Good ol' Billy King.:oldlol:

Nets are like $20 Milion under the Cap and once again struck out in Free Agency, ending up with 2 former bench players on the Knicks.

InspiredLebowski
12-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Jersey could always bring back Troy Murphy

QuebecBaller
12-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Every teams waited for Howard, Nene, West... Now his time have come, but every GM must think that he won't be good since he broke up with Kim K (he became good at basketball when he started to going out with her :lol )

InspiredLebowski
12-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Also, not that anyone cares, but Mike Redd was in Indy yesterday meeting with the Pacers. For some reason I don't understand.

niko
12-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Jersey could always bring back Troy Murphy
My favorite things about Troy Murphy, friends of mine at work are grad students at NYU. When Murphy was on nets, when he could he'd hang out downtown near NYU in a coffee shop hitting on the co-eds with his pick up line, "I'm Troy Murphy, i play in the NBA". LIterally just that.

Haymaker
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
He's a very good backup PF. Hell, he's a better rebounder than Nene. Boston should go after him.

InspiredLebowski
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
My favorite things about Troy Murphy, friends of mine at work are grad students at NYU. When Murphy was on nets, when he could he'd hang out downtown near NYU in a coffee shop hitting on the co-eds with his pick up line, "I'm Troy Murphy, i play in the NBA". LIterally just that.Bet it worked. If not he's got the fallback of being a licensed spray tanner, co-eds love those fake tans.

niko
12-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Bet it worked. If not he's got the fallback of being a licensed spray tanner, co-eds love those fake tans.
i'm sure it did but my friends called him "creepy" and that he sat with no book or anything just waiting, and he's gigantic, and looked like he was picking out victims to murder or something. :lol

shootingcomets
12-16-2011, 06:00 PM
clippers might give him a look :rolleyes:

Rowe
12-16-2011, 06:01 PM
i'm sure it did but my friends called him "creepy" and that he sat with no book or anything just waiting, and he's gigantic, and looked like he was picking out victims to murder or something. :lol
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Hes gonna love being a Laker then.

mlh1981
12-16-2011, 06:06 PM
"I'm mlh, I post on insidehoops.com."

knickswin
12-16-2011, 06:10 PM
i don't like him. he's a chucker and not really that good a defender.

MMKM
12-16-2011, 07:13 PM
I was going to start this thread myself. Didn't the guy average over 10 rpg last season?! I watched him match up with Blake Griffin twice and he actually played very well against Blake with his strength and athleticism. Absolutely bizarre he could be a major steal.

Parasite
12-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Think the Clippers should sign him and then try to trade Mo for a backup center. That would seriously help their depth.

tomtucker
12-16-2011, 07:28 PM
All teams are afraid he will hold a press conference.........Magic Johnson style

Jasper
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM

I hate to think he will be stuck in NJ, but I think your right.
I think most owners and GM's are thinking his brains are in his balls and they were blown into a Kard'anisn

Right now the league has an abundance of great PF's ... IMO it's a PF league in history .... and trying to find a team for this guy is surprising hard to place him ... other than NJ I'd say PHX is another option , but they won't cough up the money.

All teams are afraid he will hold a press conference.........Magic Johnson style
dat there is funny :D

kumquat
12-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Nobody wants to deal with his Kardashian bullshit. Funny how it screwed him out of millions of dollars of contract money. ''

Kris Humphries has now become NBA sloppy seconds.

GOBB
12-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Kwame Brown can get $7mil and Kris Humphries cant find a job. Something aint right.

Crown&Coke
12-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Kim has warned all GM's that whatever team signs him, she is gonna marry everybody on the team for 2 weeks each

Optimus Prime
12-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Probably because any team that picks him up will have to deal with a constant barrage of Kardashian drama.

I still think the Lakers should pick up him...they deal with drama constantly, and it would be a not-so-subtle jab at Odom. :D

Nets fan 93
12-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Nets are trying to get him back. 8-9 mill for 1 year was what they are aiming for. That was a couple days ago and still nothing. So idk what's going on.

ProfessorMurder
12-16-2011, 07:57 PM
I thought he was going to get paid this year. Like in the 8-10 million a year for 3 years kind of thing... But all the drama is probably freaking teams out.

Funnyfuka
12-16-2011, 07:59 PM
He s tall... and.. that's about it. Nice job ruining his alrdy weak reputation with the whole retarded kardashit thingy too.

Optimus Prime
12-16-2011, 08:00 PM
He s tall... and.. that's about it. Nice job ruining his alrdy weak reputation with the whole retarded kardashit thingy too.

What? In a game where putting a ball in a 10 foot hoop is the objective, you act like being tall is a BAD thing. He averaged a double-double last year...if KWAME BROWN can get 7 mil, Humpdashian should be at least worth 10 mil.

ihatetimthomas
12-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I actually thought he was going to get overpaid but I guess teams understand who he is. He is a decent rebounder and tough player. But he has peaked already. he is not getting any better. He is pretty limited in his offensive ability and no one wants to tie up upwards of 10 mill on a multi year deal with him.

GOBB
12-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Kim has warned all GM's that whatever team signs him, she is gonna marry everybody on the team for 2 weeks each

:roll:

Jasper
12-16-2011, 08:19 PM
I just thought of a landing zone for him ... if Denver has the cash - he would side up next to Nene... (not bad)

The Ownage
12-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I'd be very glad to see him in the Knicks uniform!

:oldlol: :roll:

GOBB
12-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Is he overpricing himself? Maybe his agent told teams what he is lookin for and they said (in other words of course) "Cool story bro". And left him alone. He'll probably get a 1yr cheap deal contract I think. I'm thinkin after the season he had maybe he is lookin to get paid or close to it. And well teams arent budging. I dont know, I havent come across any stories on this guy besides the drama with Kim K. 1yr $5mil deal is good enough.

UtahJazzFan88
12-16-2011, 09:20 PM
So far, the Nets and Billy King have done a tremendous job getting Deron to stay!

Speaking of guys who don't have a contract, what's the deal with Rodney Stuckey and Nick Young?

Nash
12-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Nets waiting for Howard before sealing this deal.

The Ownage
12-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Is he overpricing himself? Maybe his agent told teams what he is lookin for and they said (in other words of course) "Cool story bro". And left him alone. He'll probably get a 1yr cheap deal contract I think. I'm thinkin after the season he had maybe he is lookin to get paid or close to it. And well teams arent budging. I dont know, I havent come across any stories on this guy besides the drama with Kim K. 1yr $5mil deal is good enough.
With the offers Chandler, Nene and M. Gasol have received, I wouldn't be surprised if his agent tried to push teams into giving Humphries a big paycheck. The difference is that Chandler, Nene and M. Gasol were all coveted by teams for a while before last season even finished.

Hopefully that's not the case so I don't have to :facepalm at him.

D12"Magic"
12-16-2011, 09:33 PM
So far, the Nets and Billy King have done a tremendous job getting Deron to stay!

Speaking of guys who don't have a contract, what's the deal with Rodney Stuckey and Nick Young?
Sure, we should of over payed for players like Nene and such. That will help a lot. :rolleyes:

RichSmoove
12-16-2011, 09:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Kris-Humphries-offered-a-spot-on-the-AHL-8217-s?urn=nhl-wp19978

Kris Humphries offered a spot on the AHL

UtahJazzFan88
12-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Sure, we should of over payed for players like Nene and such. That will help a lot. :rolleyes:

If it keeps Deron happy and in town, then why not do it? Also, if they sign Nene to a contract similar or a little bit more than what he's getting now, couldn't he be good trade bait for Dwight? :confusedshrug:

D12"Magic"
12-16-2011, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=RichSmoove]http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Kris-Humphries-offered-a-spot-on-the-AHL-8217-s?urn=nhl-wp19978

Kris Humphries offered a spot on the AHL

D12"Magic"
12-16-2011, 09:43 PM
If it keeps Deron happy and in town, then why not do it? Also, if they sign Nene to a contract similar or a little bit more than what he's getting now, couldn't he be good trade bait for Dwight? :confusedshrug:
First of all, Nene is not gonna decide Deron's decision.
Second, of all why would the Magic want Nene and his ridiculous contract.

Nets are doing wise by not over spending so far.
There's still a chance at Howard and Deron know's that.

UtahJazzFan88
12-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Nene's not going to decide his decision, but being a shitty team who doesn't want to spend is going to help that then? :confusedshrug:

The Lakers could offer Bynum + Gasol and it's automatically a better deal than anything NJ is going to offer.

Best of luck with Lopez, WHO? at PF, Shawne Williams, Anthony Morrow, and Deron Williams as your starting line-up right now. I truly mean best of luck.

Nash
12-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't be fun if he replaced Lamar Odom in Lakers? :D

niko
12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
First of all, Nene is not gonna decide Deron's decision.
Second, of all why would the Magic want Nene and his ridiculous contract.

Nets are doing wise by not over spending so far.
There's still a chance at Howard and Deron know's that.
Nets actually offered Nene a contract according to Wojo. Nene didn't pick them because Denver offered same money as he was afraid he'd be shipped off midseason for Howard in some kind of trade.

Nash
12-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Problem for this dude is that he's not even a baller right now. He's a HUGE reality star. DUde has lost all of the respect he has as a player. Just search his name on youtube and you find no basketball videos what so ever. Just a bunch of Kardashian related stuff.

R.I.P.
12-16-2011, 10:01 PM
He

DuMa
12-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Problem for this dude is that he's not even a baller right now. He's a HUGE reality star. DUde has lost all of the respect he has as a player. Just search his name on youtube and you find no basketball videos what so ever. Just a bunch of Kardashian related stuff.

GMs dont care about that. :facepalm theyre more professional than that reality tv bullshit.

D12"Magic"
12-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Nets actually offered Nene a contract according to Wojo. Nene didn't pick them because Denver offered same money as he was afraid he'd be shipped off midseason for Howard in some kind of trade.
oh shit, yeah your right, but I coulf of sworn I read BK said that.
Either way, Nene would of helped this team but it would of hurt us cap-wise.

Deron knows Nets are committed to getting the right players, Deron reportedly has asked for us to sign Shawne , though its gonna play a factor if we can get players around him, Deron know's we have a chance at Howard.

Billy excels at making trades, expect some of that.

niko
12-16-2011, 10:18 PM
oh shit, yeah your right, but I coulf of sworn I read BK said that.
Either way, Nene would of helped this team but it would of hurt us cap-wise.

Deron knows Nets are committed to getting the right players, Deron reportedly has asked for us to sign Shawne , though its gonna play a factor if we can get players around him, Deron know's we have a chance at Howard.

Billy excels at making trades, expect some of that.
Bily has made some really shitty moves in the past, shortsided moves. If it's a Dwight trade, very focused, i trust him more. If it's NO DWIGHT, GO BuILD A TEAM i'd be very very scared.

D12"Magic"
12-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Bily has made some really shitty moves in the past, shortsided moves. If it's a Dwight trade, very focused, i trust him more. If it's NO DWIGHT, GO BuILD A TEAM i'd be very very scared.
Well I can see what your trying to say, but Nets have a good chance to get Howard why be scared?

I don't think our team right now is enough for Deron to think, yeah I will like to stay, but all this could change, striking out on FA does not mean it's over.

I still get ridiculed by people when I say Nets have a chance to get Howard and keep Deron and they will just look at me like a :wtf:

Ignorance at best when you don't understand the situation certain teams are in.

Im not gonna start to worry yet, about Deron.
It's the perfect time for Nets fans to have their head up. No need to look down.