PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher says on ESPN Pau Gasol is damage and wants a Trade

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 11:13 AM
This Lakers situation is turning out to be a nightmare. He said the Timberwolves are the likely destination for Pau.

Dizzle-2k7
12-17-2011, 11:15 AM
kevin love + sessions for pau

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-17-2011, 11:16 AM
...Source?

32Dayz
12-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Source?

Damn... if LA loses Gasol they are F*****.

It'd be funny if they gave him to Dallas for a trade exception. :lol

knickballer
12-17-2011, 11:18 AM
I feel bad for Pau.. Dude helped them go to 3 NBA championships and was one of the main reasons why.. They would have never been championship material without him.

Then after one bad playoff series where he's the main scapegoat and suddenly he's the player that has to go.. Never mind they attempted to trade him off to New Orleans and traded off Odom as well.

ThatsGame
12-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Kobe is going to get exposed, no more riding other players. :lol

dunksby
12-17-2011, 11:21 AM
I feel bad for Pau.. Dude helped them go to 3 NBA championships and was one of the main reasons why.. They would have never been championship material without him.

Then after one bad playoff series where he's the main scapegoat and suddenly he's the player that has to go.. Never mind they attempted to trade him off to New Orleans and traded off Odom as well.
BUT PAU GASOL IS JUST A SOFT PUNKASS WHITEBOY!

Clutch
12-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Ship him to Dallas for nothing. Oh wait,Lakers already did that with Odom. :oldlol:

If that's true I would call Orlando and offer Gasol+Bynum for Howard.
If you are going to lose Gasol for some scrubs it's better to involve Bynum and get league's best center.

KelticForce1349
12-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Trade him to Chicago for Carlos Boozer!!!!

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 11:26 AM
...Source?

Tune into ESPN the next hour they should have that same segment. They had it with Ric Bucher. If he gets traded to the timberwolves it has to be for the Rookie Derrick Williams. They are going to have to involve another team in this trade.

Allstar24
First of all, Ric Bucher is a meaningless source. The same man who guaranteed "Kobe will not be a Laker" in 2007. But if this is true, let him go...do the deal that Orlando wanted, Bynum+Pau for Dwight, whatever. I'm done with these disgruntled players. I'm still pretty sure this is just a case of Bucher talking out of his ass again. Pau was literally begging LA to keep him here.

MMKM
Ship him to Dallas for nothing. Oh wait,Lakers already did that with Odom. :oldlol:

If that's true I would call Orlando and offer Gasol+Bynum for Howard.
If you are going to lose Gasol for some scrubs it's better to involve Bynum and get league's best center.

I think maybe we are jumping the gun a little here, isn't he signed until 2013-14? Right now his feelings are hurt, he is sulking, he'll get over it. He can't walk away he's not a free agent, just ride it out, let him vent, he'll probably play with a chip on his shoulder which would be the best case scenario.

dreaming121
12-17-2011, 11:29 AM
If this is true... Then Laker's should've pulled the gun with Gasol+Bynum for Dwight

Nick Young
12-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Pau Gasol for Kevin Love and Michael Beasley OMFG:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Reverend Hoops
12-17-2011, 11:30 AM
BRING BACK SMUSH LA.

I see Kobe dropping 70 this year.

Fatal9
12-17-2011, 11:31 AM
There is no way Minny is giving up Love for Gasol.

They should just do the Rockets trade if this is true.

Still can't believe the Odom trade...he would have made trading Pau a lot easier.

OmniStrife
12-17-2011, 11:32 AM
BRING BACK SMUSH LA.

...and missing the playoffs.

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I think maybe we are jumping the gun a little here, isn't he signed until 2013-14? Right now his feelings are hurt, he is sulking, he'll get over it. He can't walk away he's not a free agent, just ride it out, let him vent, he'll probably play with a chip on his shoulder which would be the best case scenario.

That should be the case. The thing about it is next year they figure Pau want have any trade value. He will be 32 with a huge contract. It's safe to assume as much as I Love the Lakers there is no chance we can get a Championship this year. They are looking for a huge deal to get from Pau. See look at this also, the Lakers really don't feel they can land Dwight. That's why they jumped backed in the CP3 mix. They feel now it would be better if they stock up on draft picks and get a player like a Derrick williams it will benefit the team better in the long run.

Yung D-Will
12-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Pau Gasol for Kevin Love and Michael Beasley OMFG:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I doubt Minny would even trade Love for Gasol straight up

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Once he finds out he's being traded to Minnesota he'll beg for the Lakers to keep him. :lol

MMKM
12-17-2011, 11:36 AM

+1

Yung D-Will
12-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Once he finds out he's being traded to Minnesota he'll beg for the Lakers to keep him. :lol
From Mike Brown Kobe Iso ball to Rick Adelman's offense

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 11:38 AM

If Pau gets traded to the Timberwolves Kevin love wont be included. It will be the Rookie Derrick Williams and draft picks. Hopefully it will be a 3 team trade that way the lakers get more.

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 11:39 AM
From Mike Brown Kobe Iso ball to Rick Adelman's offense

From LA to Minnesota :confusedshrug:

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Adelman is beggin for Pau because he wants him to help Rubio.

32Dayz
12-17-2011, 11:40 AM
BRING BACK SMUSH LA.

Smush Parker... legend. :applause:

Allstar24
12-17-2011, 11:45 AM
From LA to Minnesota :confusedshrug:
That alone will compel Pau to have a career year...keep the rumors coming Bucher.

Joshumitsu
12-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Trade Pau for Beasley, paving the way for Williams to be able to play. Pau can also start at C while helping transition Rubio for life in America.

LA can then use Beasley, Bynum, and a first round draft pick to get Dwight Howard.

Orlando gets a young star in Beasley, a good center in Bynum, and a first round pick likely to be in the lower 20's.

brownmamba00
12-17-2011, 11:55 AM
If Pau gets traded to the Timberwolves Kevin love wont be included. It will be the Rookie Derrick Williams and draft picks. Hopefully it will be a 3 team trade that way the lakers get more.
Derrick Williams + picks for Pau? Fukk no.

Just do the Pau+Bynum for Dwight already.

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 11:56 AM
That alone will compel Pau to have a career year...keep the rumors coming Bucher.

I mean Bucher is consistently wrong like Ray Allen consistently hits 3's but if we're going to speculate let's make it a three team trade with Dwight coming to LA.

32Dayz
12-17-2011, 11:56 AM
They should just do the Rockets trade if this is true.

I really hope they do. :cheers:

Then I can say for sure that LA has faded into irrelevance and obscurity.

Theoo's Daddy
12-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Joel anthony/mike miller/Eddie house/Pittman/ + future 2 round pick for Gasol. Do it Riley.

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Terrible trade for Minnie. Young All-Star for old All-Star and then you toss in another player for the heck of it?
Trade Pau for Beasley, paving the way for Williams to be able to play. Pau can also start at C while helping transition Rubio for life in America.

LA can then use Beasley, Bynum, and a first round draft pick to get Dwight Howard.

Orlando gets a young star in Beasley, a good center in Bynum, and a first round pick likely to be in the lower 20's.
Beasley is talented but the character questions lower his value greatly. LA would say no, and even if they said yes Miami is not dealing their franchise for a character risk, a big with bad knees and a late first round pick. Charlotte got Gordon + value for CP3 and Howard is worth more than Paul. The bar has been raised significantly.

Allstar24
12-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I mean Bucher is consistently wrong like Ray Allen consistently hits 3's but if we're going to speculate let's make it a three team trade with Dwight coming to LA.
The sad part is that wasn't just speculation...its up to Jim Buss now, if he wants to pull the trigger.

Skywalker
12-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Joel anthony/mike miller/Eddie house/Pittman/ + future 2 round pick for Gasol. Do it Riley.

what a tempting offer

bagelred
12-17-2011, 12:03 PM
To GSW for Kwame Brown

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Ric Bucher is up now.

HurricaneKid
12-17-2011, 12:06 PM
If they have to trade him it makes no sense not to make the D12 trade. None.

And why Minnesota? They have one good player and he plays the exact same position. Minny seems more intent to make sure they don;t give away the #1 pick than actually building a franchise.

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 12:12 PM

And why Minnesota? They have one good player and he plays the exact same position. Minny seems more intent to make sure they don;t give away the #1 pick than actually building a franchise.

Gasol would be the best Center that Minnesota has on their roster. Him and Kevin Love would actually compliment each other well. Depending on the players going out it makes more sense to try and make the playoffs then tanking for a lottery pick you don't have.

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 12:13 PM
The sad part is that wasn't just speculation...its up to Jim Buss now, if he wants to pull the trigger.

I don't know if that's really true, but Jimmy better not fukk this up.

swi7ch
12-17-2011, 12:13 PM
i feel bad for kobe.

someone needs to put him on suicide watch...

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 12:14 PM

Like I said earlier the Lakers feel that the Nets are still in the lead to land Dwight. The Lakers are probably still trying to keep there options open. One thing to look at, if the Lakers really believe they can get Dwight with Bynum and Gasol the trade would of probably been done. I think Orlando wants a little bit more. So I guess you can say the Nets have the better offer right now. What also affects the trade is Gasol huge contract. I don't think Orlando want's that huge cap hit.

swi7ch
12-17-2011, 12:16 PM
so kuptchack is now officially the worst gm in the league this year?

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Gasol would be the best Center that Minnesota has on their roster. Him and Kevin Love would actually compliment each other well. Depending on the players going out it makes more sense to try and make the playoffs then tanking for a lottery pick you don't have.

That's true. Adleman also feels Gasol will help Rubio transition to the NBA way more smoother then anbody else could. Gasol could be a major upgrade to minny roster. The only way the trade goes down if minny brings another team in making it a 3 team trade.

IGOTGAME
12-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Gasol just came out and said he wants to be a Laker and wants no part of a rebuilding process two days ago. I doubt he wants to be traded.

He played extremely well by all accounts at the scrimmage yesterday and seems to be handling it all very well. Do not trade. Play the season and build around the core unless you can swing Dwight for Bynum and filler.

ALBballer
12-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Would love to see him go to the Timberwolves.

Rubio, Love, Gasol

:applause:

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 12:31 PM
They should call up Houston and do a 4 team trade where they get something. Houston gets some young assets, Lakers get Dwight, Minnesota gets Pau, Orlando gets some young assets. They can call it he FU NBA trade.

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Gasol just came out and said he wants to be a Laker and wants no part of a rebuilding process two days ago. I doubt he wants to be traded.

He played extremely well by all accounts at the scrimmage yesterday and seems to be handling it all very well. Do not trade. Play the season and build around the core unless you can swing Dwight for Bynum and filler.

I don't know if it's true or not but I don't think he is the type of person that comes out in the public and will say he want's a trade. LO didn't come out and say he wants to be traded. He said he was hurt by the situation. Real trade demands happens behind close doors Just like the LO situation.

From a management stand point they only look at value. What have you done for me lately and what I think you can do for me in the future. I want say it's not smart to build around a core that most of the team is 31 or older. Veteran leadership is important for young players. The lakers don't have any young players but Bynum. It's best to build for the future and not now.

IGOTGAME
12-17-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't know if it's true or not but I don't think he is the type of person that comes out in the public and will say he want's a trade. LO didn't come out and say he wants to be traded. He said he was hurt by the situation. Real trade demands happens behind close doors Just like the LO situation.

From a management stand point they only look at value. What have you done for me lately and what I think you can do for me in the future. I want say it's not smart to build around a core that most of the team is 31 or older. Veteran leadership is important for young players. The lakers don't have any young players but Bynum. It's best to build for the future and not now.

doesn't make any sense. It's not building, the team is just one year removed from back to back championships.

People are so concerned about building for some idea in the future that they disregard winning titles now.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2011, 12:39 PM
First of all, Ric Bucher is a meaningless source. The same man who guaranteed "Kobe will not be a Laker" in 2007. But if this is true, let him go...do the deal that Orlando wanted, Bynum+Pau for Dwight, whatever. I'm done with these disgruntled players. I'm still pretty sure this is just a case of Bucher talking out of his ass again. Pau was literally begging LA to keep him here.

You're in major denial dude. I told you the Lakers were melting down last week after the nixed trade and you downplayed it. Since then Odom is gone for peanuts and Gasol wants out. Not to mention Kobe supposedly has blown up on the front office and is now getting a divorce.

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 12:40 PM

Gotta disagree with that. You have Kobe now, you build for now, ride the wagon until the wheels fall off. Look what happened with the Celtics. Lakers already screwed up HUGE with the Odom trade.

B-Easy8
12-17-2011, 12:51 PM

We haven't had Sessions on our roster for 2 years now, he plays for the Cavs.

I would love to get Pau but I would rather not trade Love, Beasley or Williams to get him. Why would we trade our 3 young stars for a 30 something year old guy?

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Gotta disagree with that. You have Kobe now, you build for now, ride the wagon until the wheels fall off. Look what happened with the Celtics. Lakers already screwed up HUGE with the Odom trade.

How many more rings do you think Kobe can bring us to? You guy's must of forgot that Kobe is 33. He has about 2 more good years left in him. He has been playing in the NBA since he was 18. I'm not worried about right now I want us to be able to be contenders when Kobe is gone.

IGOTGAME
12-17-2011, 12:55 PM
How many more rings do you think Kobe can bring us to? You guy's must of forgot that Kobe is 33. He has about 2 more good years left in him. He has been playing in the NBA since he was 18. I'm not worried about right now I want us to be able to be contenders when Kobe is gone.

1 or 2 more rings(more than most franchises in the NBA have won). How many rings do I think stupid trades will bring to the Lakers = 0.

People really take for granted being one of the best teams in the world. Mediocre talent isn't going to get it done. No one on the T-Wolves is gonna help.

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 12:56 PM

trading Bynum and Gasol for Dwight isn't going to get that ring now. We have no PG, No bench, and we send two of our Big mens for Dwight. So that leaves us with Kobe,Dwight,Luke Walton,Ron artest,Matt Barnes, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, and Josh Mcroberts. Is this team better then the one we had with Kobe,LO,Gasol,and Bynum.

heyhey
12-17-2011, 12:56 PM

It's not really possible to rebuild when you got 33 year old Kobe on the roster making the max. and since Kobe has a no trade clause it will be hard to get rid of him.

If Lakers start stripping the team for pieces they will be stuck in purgatory, ala not a contender but not lottery either because Kobe and Bynum will win like 50 games always

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Get him Dwight Howard or get some roster that doesn't have more holes than swiss cheese and Kobe can deliver 2 more rings.

thejumpa
12-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Damn.....shit is really going down in LA huh?

I always hated the Lakers but it's kind of sad to see how things are turning out with them. A vetoed trade rocks their core players, prompts Odom to ask to be traded, they still don't CP3, Kobe get's a divorce, and now Pau may want a trade? Oh yeah, totally forgot about Kobe being old and not having many years left. I doubt he wants to spend his last elite years on a "rebuilding" team. To be honest, I don't want to see him on one either. I want to see him chase another ring or two. As the days go by and Dwight looks more like a Net, those chances seem to be slowly fading away.

Dunno....kinda ****ed up IMO. they just won back to back titles and I honestly thought they were the most talented team in the league. Now they are trying to make too many big moves and it's going to cost them....

keepinitreal
12-17-2011, 01:41 PM
To GSW for Kwame Brown

Yes!

Allstar24
12-17-2011, 01:43 PM
You're in major denial dude. I told you the Lakers were melting down last week after the nixed trade and you downplayed it. Since then Odom is gone for peanuts and Gasol wants out. Not to mention Kobe supposedly has blown up on the front office and is now getting a divorce.
Um no, I had a problem with you saying Kobe wants to be traded...and trying to shove it down our throats without any legit source or reasoning. As for the Lakers "melting down," that is yet to be seen as the season hasn't even started yet. They always deal with off season drama...Kobe asking to be traded in 2007 and the breakup of the dynasty in 2004 come to mind. This is nothing compared to those days...absolutely no need to panic.

Pra
12-17-2011, 01:45 PM

LOL :facepalm probably trolling, but unless it was Anthony / Haslem / Mike Miller + Picks the Heat would not land Pau.

No one wants House or Pittman.

Thou Minnesota wouldn't sound too bad, Pau + Barea + Rubio could all speak their native language to each other!

B
12-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Did you know if you Google Ric Bucher says Pau Gasol asks+demands+wants to be traded the only place it comes up is this thread.

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 01:50 PM
trading Bynum and Gasol for Dwight isn't going to get that ring now. We have no PG, No bench, and we send two of our Big mens for Dwight. So that leaves us with Kobe,Dwight,Luke Walton,Ron artest,Matt Barnes, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, and Josh Mcroberts. Is this team better then the one we had with Kobe,LO,Gasol,and Bynum.

At this point in time Dwight+Kobe depending on what comes back in the deal is enough to compete for a title. Dwight is the defensive player of the year and brings a huge impact on the court. Kobe is Kobe, you get Dwight for now and the future since he's easier to build around. But the absolute worst thing to do is trade Gasol looking towards the future because none of those guys coming back in the deal will have the impact Gasol has.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Um no, I had a problem with you saying Kobe wants to be traded...and trying to shove it down our throats without any legit source or reasoning. As for the Lakers "melting down," that is yet to be seen as the season hasn't even started yet. They always deal with off season drama...Kobe asking to be traded in 2007 and the breakup of the dynasty in 2004 come to mind. This is nothing compared to those days...absolutely no need to panic.

This is more serious dude. Now you have serious compromised chemistry dating back to the playoffs last year with the whole affair drama. It was CLEAR as day the Lakers had a split up locker room. That chemistry issue got you swept in the first round. It wasn't a lack of talent. It was the mentality and chemistry of the team.

Now it got even worse. Failed trade... in which your FO didn't tell players anything or try to fix it after the trade failed. Instead Jim Buss basically told Odom "fine you want to go.. you're gone!" and traded him the next day. It's clear from listening to interviews Bynum and Kobe are nowhere near on the same page. So I'm telling you right now.. those two are going to clash until they split up.

Then you have Gasol wanting out supposedly. I mean you really can't be in this much denial. It's happening right before our very eyes. The person I feel sorry for the most is Mike Brown. This isn't just two players fighting for supremacy like Kobe vs Shaq. This is two players fighting for supremacy, teammates betraying each other, front office screwing over players and not restoring balance/chemistry. It's multiple chemistry compromising issues.

ConanRulesNBC
12-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Trade him to Chicago for Carlos Boozer!!!!

This.

chazzy
12-17-2011, 02:01 PM
This is more serious dude. Now you have serious compromised chemistry dating back to the playoffs last year with the whole affair drama. It was CLEAR as day the Lakers had a split up locker room. That chemistry issue got you swept in the first round. It wasn't a lack of talent. It was the mentality and chemistry of the team.

Now it got even worse. Failed trade... in which your FO didn't tell players anything or try to fix it after the trade failed. Instead Jim Buss basically told Odom "fine you want to go.. you're gone!" and traded him the next day. It's clear from listening to interviews Bynum and Kobe are nowhere near on the same page. So I'm telling you right now.. those two are going to clash until they split up.

Then you have Gasol wanting out supposedly. I mean you really can't be in this much denial. It's happening right before our very eyes. The person I feel sorry for the most is Mike Brown. This isn't just two players fighting for supremacy like Kobe vs Shaq. This is two players fighting for supremacy, teammates betraying each other, front office screwing over players and not restoring balance/chemistry. It's multiple chemistry compromising issues.
You should write for mediatakeout with this sensationalist drivel. You took a couple rumors/assumptions and ran with it

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 02:03 PM

Winning cures all. If anything is going to be the downfall of the Lakers it's the fact that they still haven't addressed their horrible PG position and lack of athleticism on the wings.

JellyBean
12-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Kobe is going to get exposed, no more riding other players. :lol

:facepalm. But we would love to have a player like Pau in Minnesota. Knowing that he and Rubio have a connection, this would be a nice pick up for us, if we are in the conversation. Maybe Stern could engineer a trade for us. I'm just sayin.

ConanRulesNBC
12-17-2011, 02:06 PM
I really hope they do. :cheers:

Then I can say for sure that LA has faded into irrelevance and obscurity.

huh? The Lakers would be just as good as they are now if they did Gasol to the Rockets for Scola, Martin and Dragic.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2011, 02:06 PM
You should write for mediatakeout with this sensationalist drivel. You took a couple rumors/assumptions and ran with it

The only thing unverified is the Gasol trade rumor which is why I included "supposedly". It's 100 percent fact that chemistry was compromised in playoffs last year and players even talked about feeling betrayed or like teammates didn't have each others back. The locker room was clearly split and everybody saw it. It's typical though of Lakers fans to downplay it.

Odom drama again is 100 percent fact and he's even talked about it! So nothing I said was exaggerated or made up.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Winning cures all. If anything is going to be the downfall of the Lakers it's the fact that they still haven't addressed their horrible PG position and lack of athleticism on the wings.

I agree Lakers will still win but I don't think these problems are going to just go away dude. Only way for it to go away IMO is to trade Gasol and the team needs to have a sit down with Kobe+Bynum about pulling in the same direction. Then they need to have a players only meeting, clear the room and show they care about each other.

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I agree Lakers will still win but I don't think these problems are going to just go away dude. Only way for it to go away IMO is to trade Gasol and the team needs to have a sit down with Kobe+Bynum about pulling in the same direction. Then they need to have a players only meeting, clear the room and show they care about each other.

:oldlol: I'm sorry but I don't know why that sounded so gay. You're absolutely right though. These guys need to be on the same page, they're a veteran team and they need Kobe and Fisher to bring them and tell them to ignore all the side distractions and focus on basketball. They still be in much better shape if they fixed the PG position and upgraded their bench.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2011, 02:16 PM
:oldlol: I'm sorry but I don't know why that sounded so gay. You're absolutely right though. These guys need to be on the same page, they're a veteran team and they need Kobe and Fisher to bring them and tell them to ignore all the side distractions and focus on basketball. They still be in much better shape if they fixed the PG position and upgraded their bench.

Yea it sounds a bit "sensitive" but it's true. It seems like Kobe and other guys won't let their ego go and try to show teammates they care. Like have a player only meeting. Player only meetings helped a few teams last season. I know personally when the Clippers had one I saw a HUGE difference. The very next day they won in a blowout and went on that 12-4 stretch where they were one of the best teams in the NBA.

Lakers have the talent. Question is do they care about their teammates enough to work on this issue and fix it. I agree you guys do need a PG bad.

chazzy
12-17-2011, 02:17 PM
The only thing unverified is the Gasol trade rumor which is why I included "supposedly". It's 100 percent fact that chemistry was compromised in playoffs last year and players even talked about feeling betrayed or like teammates didn't have each others back. The locker room was clearly split and everybody saw it. It's typical though of Lakers fans to downplay it.

Odom drama again is 100 percent fact and he's even talked about it! So nothing I said was exaggerated or made up.
The whole Gasol affair thing is a total rumor. This Kobe and Bynum disconnect is something new.. link? Odom demanded out after the nixed trade and actually demanded to be traded to Dallas supposedly. Bad move on the Lakers for giving in, but I guess they didn't want to deal with a disgruntled player in the locker room while also cutting salary. LA had no intentions of trading him after the trade was vetoed.

Allstar24
12-17-2011, 02:18 PM

Chemistry is overrated. Health > chemistry. The Lakers got swept last year because they were all banged up. They hit a wall after 3 straight seasons of going to the NBA finals. They were the ONLY team to play that many games, they practically played an extra season with all those playoff games. It takes a toll on you. I think rest and health will be the key to their success this year. You can have chemistry issues and still win, as Kobe and Shaq proved in the early 2000s. I'm not sure if Pau is as mentally strong as those guys but I'd like to give it a chance before declaring we are finished.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-17-2011, 02:19 PM

swept in the 2nd round...

Clippersfan86
12-17-2011, 02:21 PM
The whole Gasol affair thing is a total rumor. This Kobe and Bynum disconnect is something new.. link? Odom demanded out after the nixed trade and actually demanded to be traded to Dallas supposedly. Bad move on the Lakers for giving in, but I guess they didn't want to deal with a disgruntled player in the locker room while also cutting salary. LA had no intentions of trading him after the trade was vetoed.

LOL at Bynum/Kobe not having a disconnect. Do you even watch your own players being interviewed dude? Did you not see their body language to each other on the court? Both players have big egos and act like pricks. Both want to be the man. Bynum even implied he wants his own team. He's demanded more touches. Kobe even told the media that Bynum needs to fall in line and that he's always going to be after him and Gasol. Do you want to pretend that didn't happen too? It's all over the internet dude.

These two guys always seem to be pulling in the opposite direction since last year. Kobe's even blasted Bynum in themedia tons of times when Bynum was younger. Reality is Bynum thinks he's a lot better than he is.... and it rubs Kobe the wrong way. When you hear Bynum interview he seems to think he's the most important piece of the Lakers. That's the vibe he gives off.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2011, 02:22 PM
swept in the 2nd round...

Yea it was a typo... I know you beat Hornets. Either way.. swept much earlier than expected. Lakers were the title favorites after all that "depth" they added last offseason which turned out to be dead weight. Guys like Steve Blake who didn't do sh** for the team.

WillyJakk
12-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I think it's clear LA is trying to figure out a way to make the Dwight Howard trade happen (and maybe Pau got wind of it?).

Otis Smith (us) clearly doesn't want Pau & Gasol so maybe LA trying to move him to Minny for Derrick Williams (we'd say no to Beasley) & maybe Darko (to play backup C for us) & a pick so then the deal could look like:

Lakers get: Dwight Howard | Hedo Turkoglu
Magic get: Andrew Bynum| Derrick Williams| Darko Milicic| LA & Minny Pick
Wolves get: Pau Gasol

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 02:37 PM
I think it's clear LA is trying to figure out a way to make the Dwight Howard trade happen (and maybe Pau got wind of it?).

Otis Smith (us) clearly doesn't want Pau & Gasol so maybe LA trying to move him to Minny for Derrick Williams (we'd say no to Beasley) & maybe Darko (to play backup C for us) & a pick so then the deal could look like:

Really? You'd say no to Beasley? Why

NBA2k-Monster23
12-17-2011, 02:45 PM

It would be good for that trade to happen but it doesn't work financial wise.

WeGetRing2012
12-17-2011, 02:47 PM
The Lakers FO needs to make some moves!

Sign Aaron Afflao, Baron Davis, work out trade with Minny for Beasley, and sign Mbenga/Frensko

Fisher/Davis/Blake
Kobe/Affalo/Kapono
Artest/barnes/Ebanks/Walton
Pau/Beasley/McRoberts
Bynum/Mbenga or Frensko

Mbenga/Frensko & Davis would be extremely cheap. Beasley is going into his last year of his contract which is worth 6mil. The Trade Exception from Odom would cover this. And for Affalo I believe he is a player worth some cash so maybe offer of 3yrs/15mil and the see what Denver counters with.

This team would be dangerous!

GOBB
12-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Iggy/Speights for Gasol.

Is Ric Bucher ever right?

brownmamba00
12-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Iggy/Speights for Gasol.

Is Ric Bucher ever right?
Holiday or Lou + Iggy.

BGriffin's Dad
12-17-2011, 02:56 PM
rockets desperately want Gasol

http://i.imgur.com/XvKTi.jpg

GOBB
12-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Holiday or Lou + Iggy.

You couldnt get Holiday for f*cking Kobe Bryant!

Take Lou and Iggy then.

pete's montreux
12-17-2011, 03:00 PM
[quote=B

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Fcuk u all who says they won't trade love for gasol...

Love can rebound and make shots on the worst ram in the league. He cannot fcuking guard a chair.. He is like d fish but atleast. Fish is 38 years old

Lol @ Beasley.. Who knows what sh1t he is going to pull next...

So minny fans don't want to atleast go the playoffs but ride these avg players and get better?

Remember Love is RfA..so he can leave minny anytime..

Atleast freaking post with some logic and just not with your hatred towards the lakers ...

MeLO MvP 15
12-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Funny. Ric "Kobe played his last game as a Laker/ Melo will never go to NY" Bucher reported it so Pau is probably gonna retire a Laker now lol.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-17-2011, 03:02 PM

Take Lou and Iggy then.

Lol right..& f uk Lou

IlL do iggy & holiday for pau

WeGetRing2012
12-17-2011, 03:03 PM

The Lakers DO NOT need to trade Gasol & Bynum

brownmamba00
12-17-2011, 03:03 PM

Take Lou and Iggy then.
Fukk that, if you ain't giving us Jrue;

Iggy+Lou+Young for Pau+Barnes (or whatever you want)

LA_Showtime
12-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Bucher makes a ton of declarations that usually turn out to be wrong.

"Kobe has played his last game as a Laker.":oldlol:

GOBB
Fcuk u all who says they won't trade love for gasol...

Love can rebound and make shots on the worst ram in the league. He cannot fcuking guard a chair.. He is like d fish but atleast. Fish is 38 years old

Lol @ Beasley.. Who knows what sh1t he is going to pull next...

So minny fans don't want to atleast go the playoffs but ride these avg players and get better?

Remember Love is RfA..so he can leave minny anytime..

Atleast freaking post with some logic and just not with your hatred towards the lakers ...

No thats UFA not RFA. There is a difference.

Fukk that, if you ain't giving us Jrue;

Iggy+Lou+Young for Pau+Barnes (or whatever you want)

No thanks, I rather the Sixers play for a high lottery pick then. :oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan

.. U want Martin for Bledsoe..lol

Nice pipe dream

ALBballer
12-17-2011, 03:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73u9rbh

I think there needs to be a three way trade involving Lakers, Magic and TWolves.

SOmething like:

Lakers Get:

Dwight Howard
Hedo
One of the TWolves stiff white centers (Darko, Pekovic, Miller)

Lakers Send:

Bynum
Gasol

Orlando Gets:

Andrew Bynum
Micheal Beasley
Anthony Randolph

Orlando Sends:

Dwight HOward
Hedo

Twolves Get:

Pau Gasol

Twolves Send:

Beasley
Anthony Randolph
One of the TWolves stiff white centers (Darko, Pekovic, Miller)

BGriffin's Dad
12-17-2011, 03:09 PM
The Lakers DO NOT need to trade Gasol & Bynum

they don't need to... but if gasol now has the mindset that odom had, they should

WillyJakk
12-17-2011, 03:11 PM

We'd take Gasol w/ Bynum all day everyday over Scola if this is what it came down to.

@longtime lurker:

We wouldn't want Beasley likely cause he's a FA who'd have to be re-signed and is the headache of finding out if he's really changed worth not wanting a Derrick Williams who is super talented and has no character incidents that we know of?

BGriffin's Dad
12-17-2011, 03:32 PM
lakers can convince pau to stay if they did this trade

http://i.imgur.com/CwFKd.jpg

longtime lurker
12-17-2011, 03:33 PM
The Lakers FO needs to make some moves!

Sign Aaron Afflao, Baron Davis, work out trade with Minny for Beasley, and sign Mbenga/Frensko

Fisher/Davis/Blake
Kobe/Affalo/Kapono
Artest/barnes/Ebanks/Walton
Pau/Beasley/McRoberts
Bynum/Mbenga or Frensko

Mbenga/Frensko & Davis would be extremely cheap. Beasley is going into his last year of his contract which is worth 6mil. The Trade Exception from Odom would cover this. And for Affalo I believe he is a player worth some cash so maybe offer of 3yrs/15mil and the see what Denver counters with.

This team would be dangerous!

Where to start with this post? Lakers don't have money to offer Affalo, Minnesota wouldn't give away Beasley for nothing and Davis is the only realistic acquisition but he'd definitely start over Fisher.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-17-2011, 03:49 PM
they don't need to... but if gasol now has the mindset that odom had, they should

It's bucher .. I don't trust him

& for fcuks sake if the lakers trade Bynum/pau they are not taking back the sh1tty contract of hedo..

I hats the case .. Nets can have d12 & hedo. 3yrs 4 33 mil... Fcuk no

Noof
12-17-2011, 03:56 PM
No way this is true. In all of his training camp interviews Pau keeps saying how much he wants to stay in LA.

B
12-17-2011, 06:43 PM
That's because Jeff pays Google for top search results.What part of "the only" did you not understand?

BarberSchool
12-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Trade him to Chicago for Carlos Boozer!!!!This.
Instant top3 Title contention.

StacksOnDeck
12-17-2011, 07:13 PM
7 pages on a lie. I hate this site sometimes. Jeff really needs to do something.

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM

Yes!!!!

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 12:22 AM
i dont think minnesota would trade love alone for gasol