PDA

View Full Version : Jimmer Fredette

adri41
12-18-2011, 01:21 AM
7/10 with 19 points, including 4 threes, and 4 assists. Not too bad, even for a preseason game. I'm not watching, though, and I assume they've given those points right back to whoever he was guarding.:lol

Gundress
12-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Damn, he even plays better than Kyrie Irving.

The Big Skinny
12-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Swagger Freddette. Fear the Cheeks

EricGordon23
12-18-2011, 01:52 AM
HAHA dude can score but his D is weak. Ps donte green sucks for the kings.

Sarcastic
12-18-2011, 01:55 AM
The NBA version of Tim Tebow.

If he could play defense, he would be GOAT.

RoseCity07
12-18-2011, 01:56 AM
That's pretty impressive, but like we already know, it is preseason.

The defense really picks up in the regular season. I'll be checking out the Kings a lot more the season though. I hope this kid is great.

vinvin01
12-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Jimmy Fredette loves tough shots. Thank god ! The Kings needed a player like that :lol

dirk94_
12-18-2011, 02:15 AM
The positive and negative of a regular white boy game.
Can shoot and make it 90 percent of the time but no D what so ever.

Kyle_korver
12-18-2011, 02:20 AM
he had a good debut.. i also noticed that evans is a ball stopper..the whole team wasnt involved with evan in control.. not tryna be bias but its just somethin i saw alot:confusedshrug:

DevilsAssassin
12-18-2011, 03:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IQ_teOAy4&feature=g-all-u&context=G2125b9fFAAAAAAAADAA

:cheers:

brisbaneman
12-18-2011, 03:45 AM
7/10 with 19 points, including 4 threes, and 4 assists. Not too bad, even for a preseason game. I'm not watching, though, and I assume they've given those points right back to whoever he was guarding.:lol

Because he's white, right?

brisbaneman
12-18-2011, 03:46 AM

Why the racism, brother?

MooseJuiceBowen
12-18-2011, 03:49 AM

laff. positive and a negative for a black boy game?? mentally weak players, STUPID players, overpaid genetic lottery winners

LaysUpBricks
12-18-2011, 03:53 AM
he had a good debut.. i also noticed that evans is a ball stopper..the whole team wasnt involved with evan in control.. not tryna be bias but its just somethin i saw alot:confusedshrug:

Yeah he played awful... Westphal called him out and said he played sluggish and needs to play at a faster pace with better decision making. Tyreke said after the game that he didn't quite get into the flow of the game for a while.

cavEman2
12-18-2011, 03:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IQ_teOAy4&feature=g-all-u&context=G2125b9fFAAAAAAAADAA

i was going to post this earlier...but yea awesome youtube channel!.. i highly recommend it for keeping up with the big name college hoopsters and nba rookes. Often times the dude takes requests for player highlights :rockon:

Pushxx
12-18-2011, 03:59 AM
No doubt 'Reke is gonna get an extra 1-2 assists a game by passing to Jimmer after penetrating.

I like it.

adri41
12-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Sure, brisbane. Could be because he's white. Or it could be because I've seen him play and he's a terrible defender.

SDtotheBay
12-18-2011, 05:06 AM
He's the worst defender I've ever seen and it's not close. Yes worse than nash and calderon.

(e)
12-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Nice. I really would like to see him make it in the league. But I'm going to be skeptical until I see him get buckets in some regular season games. Awesome to see him have a great debut.

Go Getter
12-18-2011, 05:46 AM
laff. positive and a negative for a black boy game?? mentally weak players, STUPID players, overpaid genetic lottery winners
Jordan? Malone? Kobe? Mentally weak?

Chris Anderson, Chris Mullin, Jason Williams mentally strong?

Don't combat stupidity with more stupidity.

calvin671996
12-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Fredette vs S.Curry, 09' and 11' college top scorer

HiphopRelated
12-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Because he's white, right?
well he is the worst defender I've seen in a long time

They just need to hope he becomes atleast serviceable like Reddick

nothinbutnet
12-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Tyreke was horrible. Chucking up shots while half the team was just watching him. I think Jimmer will be serviceable this year.

DukeDelonte13
12-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Go Kings! I hope Jimmer scores 30 a night. I want to use that draft pick sometime before 2020 :oldlol:

koBEDABEST
12-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Jimmer wasnt even that bad defensively, calm down ppl... and btw that's Tyreke's job to score so idk y u guys complaining. Bet he didnt even score under 50%.

And Tyreke rly is a mini-Lebron like holy shit.

Yung D-Will
12-18-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm dissapointed in Mark Jackson wtf kind of defense was in that video

Shepseskaf
12-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Will take some time.

IGOTGAME
12-18-2011, 11:53 AM
He's the worst defender I've ever seen and it's not close. Yes worse than nash and calderon.

this.

Go Getter
12-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Jimmer interests me.

If he can get his shot off (and hit it like we've seen him do) in the pros he'll always have a pro spot.

He'll get a shot but idk if he can be a full-time starter yet.

IGOTGAME
12-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Jimmer interests me.

If he can get his shot off (and hit it like we've seen him do) in the pros he'll always have a pro spot.

He'll get a shot but idk if he can be a full-time starter yet.

did you see him on defense. he is the slowest player I have ever seen relative to position.

FourthTenor
12-18-2011, 12:47 PM

Don't blame him, blame the players.

They know the rule...

http://mediaoutrage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Mark-Jackson.jpg

HANDS DOWN. MAN DOWN.

CakeorDeath
12-18-2011, 01:02 PM
I was really impressed by the way Jimmer handled the speed of the NBA game and, especially, the quick traps he received in the half court offense. The defense frequently rushed him quickly when he got the ball near the three point line and I thought he handled that pressure pretty well; he passed out of double teams effectively and was decisive in keeping the ball moving when the zone created shooters that were more open than he was.

A part of that was the preseason roster, no doubt, so it will be interesting to see if his performance in these areas translates to the regular season but I think so far the signs are encouraging that he will effectively be able to make good judgments regarding when to shoot and when to be patient.

lebob23
12-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Does anybody remember anthony roberson well jimmer is just a rich mans version of him. He will at most double robersons stat line through his entire short lived NBA career, unless he becomes the next nash but he doesn't make plays so forget that :pimp:

33teeth
12-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I guess I shouldn't be surprised so many people are absolutely sure they know how things will pan out for this kid. What we know is that he's a great shooter, he's athletic and intelligent. Defense isn't going to be his specialty, but I'm not sure how anyone can claim he's the slowest ever or that he'll have a short NBA career. Maybe. Maybe not. Give the kid more than one preseason game - - a game I'm sure many of you didn't even watch. :confusedshrug:

hawkfan
12-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Is Kirk Hinrich the only white guard who plays good defense (besides JJ Redick)?

MeLO MvP 15
12-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I watched the beginning of that game and the defense was pretty good at first. Everyone looked active, but I think they reverted back to the old ways by the 2nd half. Baby steps I guess.

ALBballer
12-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I guess I shouldn't be surprised so many people are absolutely sure they know how things will pan out for this kid. What we know is that he's a great shooter, he's athletic and intelligent. Defense isn't going to be his specialty, but I'm not sure how anyone can claim he's the slowest ever or that he'll have a short NBA career. Maybe. Maybe not. Give the kid more than one preseason game - - a game I'm sure many of you didn't even watch. :confusedshrug:

This. I thought he put up decent combine stats?

John Wall (considered a fast explosive player, right?) had slower agility and slightly better sprint stats compared to Jimmer according to this:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2011&source=All&sort2=DESC&draft=100&pos=1&sort=15

I haven't watched much of Jimmer but he's been able to beat players off the dribble from the few games I've seen. He has decent to good speed. I think he will have a similar career to Mo Williams.

ALBballer
12-18-2011, 01:44 PM

This. I thought he put up decent combine stats?

John Wall (considered a fast explosive player, right?) had slower agility and slightly better sprint stats compared to Jimmer according to this:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2011&source=All&sort2=DESC&draft=100&pos=1&sort=15

I haven't watched much of Jimmer but he's been able to beat players off the dribble from the few games I've seen. He has decent to good speed. I don't care what these analysts say when they compare him to steve Nash LOL, he game reminds me of Mo Williams.

RRR3
12-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Is Kirk Hinrich the only white guard who plays good defense (besides JJ Redick)?
Andrew Bogut
Mike Miller
Andrei Kirilenko
Chris Andersen?

JoHnShOeZ1492
12-18-2011, 02:07 PM
He really didn't play too bad, but, 1, it was the Warriors, and 2, it was the Preseason.

This season will be his proving grounds, can't wait to see if he can adjust to the speed of the NBA in comparison to the weak-conferenced BYU squad he suited up with in the NCAA.

:confusedshrug:

JoHnShOeZ1492
12-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Andrew Bogut
Mike Miller
Andrei Kirilenko
Chris Andersen?

He said Guard, you named one guard and 3 bigs. Lol

:rockon:

(e)
12-18-2011, 03:26 PM

Hinrich's d >>>>>>> Redick's d

ballsohard247
12-18-2011, 03:32 PM
:facepalm

RoseCity07
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
While it is against the Warriors, who play terrible defense even in a regular season game that highlight video was impressive. I just thought about it a little more, Steve Kerr was useful in the NBA so why can't this guy be useful?

This league protects guards now even more than in the 90's. This kid can shoot off the dribble, a very useful skill.

chains5000
12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Calder

ballsohard247
12-18-2011, 06:09 PM
While it is against the Warriors, who play terrible defense even in a regular season game that highlight video was impressive. I just thought about it a little more, Steve Kerr was useful in the NBA so why can't this guy be useful?

This league protects guards now even more than in the 90's. This kid can shoot off the dribble, a very useful skill.
I agree. He can slash to the basket and is effective off the dribble. He won't be able to do some of the stuff he did in college due to the better athletes at this level but he can still nail some threes.

ALBballer
12-18-2011, 08:35 PM

The guy was drafted in the lotto and was one of the best college players of last year. You're making him sound like some bum off the street by doubting if he can be "useful."

Never saw much of Steve Kerr but Fredette is much more talented than Kerr. Jimmer is stronger, a better dribbler and can attack the basket better. If you really need a white comparison ,because afterall it is tough to make interracial comparisons lol, maybe something along the lines of Danny Ainge would be better.

Cheers.

cuad
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Mark Price?

Kings_Alex
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
havent had time to check out what jimmer is all about. is comparing him to mike bibby a fair comparison, or is jimmer more of a chucker

IGOTGAME
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
The guy was drafted in the lotto and was one of the best college players of last year. You're making him sound like some bum off the street by doubting if he can be "useful."

Never saw much of Steve Kerr but Fredette is much more talented than Kerr. Jimmer is stronger, a better dribbler and can attack the basket better. If you really need a white comparison ,because afterall it is tough to make interracial comparisons lol, maybe something along the lines of Danny Ainge would be better.

Cheers.

disagree. Kerr was a better defender and shooter. May be a better passer. Based on what I have seen of Jimmer on the NBA level, he is one of the worst defenders to ever play in the last 10 years. I cannot think of one worst.

The_Yearning
12-18-2011, 10:29 PM

Cheers.

Lmao Ainge was a hound dog... this PED clown is not.

Funnyfuka
12-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Mark Price?
my thought exactly. But too many young assholes dont even know who mark price is anyways.

IGOTGAME
12-18-2011, 11:16 PM
my thought exactly. But too many young assholes dont even know who mark price is anyways.

obviously you don't have any idea who mark price was...very ignorant comment

ALBballer
12-19-2011, 12:21 AM
disagree. Kerr was a better defender and shooter. May be a better passer. Based on what I have seen of Jimmer on the NBA level, he is one of the worst defenders to ever play in the last 10 years. I cannot think of one worst.

Jimmer was a terrible defender on BYU but I think some of it is due to the fact he spent all his energy on offense. I think he will fare ok in the NBA. Everyone thought Redick (the other white boy) was going to be a terrible defender in the NBA but he's been average defender thus far. We'll see how he fares.

Kerr is most likely a better spot up shooter, Kerr is considered to be one of the best pure shooters in his era but Jimmer can better create his shot. Not sure about Kerr's defense.

brisbaneman
12-19-2011, 12:24 AM
this.

Amazing, considering it's preseason and he's yet to play a game.

i'm sure if he were black though you'd let it slide...given that the transition to nba level defense is a HUGE difference from college.

cuad
12-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Guys... I'm carefully rewatching every play of the Kings preseason game. It turns out that Jimmer Fredette played good team defense. If you don't believe me, please see these two posts where I go through the Kings' defensive breakdowns in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters:

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?43175-Preseason-Grades-v.-Warriors-12-17-11&p=855169&viewfull=1#post855169

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?43175-Preseason-Grades-v.-Warriors-12-17-11&p=855204&viewfull=1#post855204

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?43175-Preseason-Grades-v.-Warriors-12-17-11&p=855218&viewfull=1#post855218

He is really so smart. It's a shame that he has to play with defensive idiots. Can someone spam this on realgm, by the way? I'm banned there so I can't educate them.

IGotACoolStory
12-19-2011, 03:50 AM
He couldn't have ended up on a worse team, that is all I can say.

Needed to land on a team with more structure.

senelcoolidge
12-19-2011, 05:24 AM
A lot of rookies are not good defensively. He can become a good defender if he works on it. His shot looks really good.

Kiarip
12-19-2011, 05:41 AM
he's not in good enough shape to be a really effective perimeter man-to-man defender. Especially given how he's not a naturally explosive player.

However this won't necessarily stop him from being a good system defender.

amare68
12-19-2011, 06:18 AM
weezy f quote ' I got a chopper and a trimmer shootin’ like Jimmer '

KevinNYC
12-24-2011, 06:33 AM

About 30 seconds in? Why would you play 8 feet off of Jimmer and try to double the ball-handler. Leaving him easily open for a three? The kid is going to cause nightmarish spacing issues.

Also I just realized his coach his Paul Westphal (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7379786/rick-reilly-jimmer-fredette-nba). Something tells me he's not going to be worried about his defense.

Plus, he's getting monster minutes from Kings coach Paul Westphal, who's a Fredette Freak already. The other day in practice, Jimmer was coming up to the hash mark -- 28 feet from the hoop -- when Westphal hollered, "Shoot it!"

"Why not?" Westphal says. "Every time he shoots it, I think it's going in. It's beautiful and effortless."

KevinNYC
12-24-2011, 06:47 AM
disagree. Kerr was a better defender and shooter.
Kerr might have been a better shooter (Although I'm not sure that's actually true), but Jimmer is a much better scorer. He can create his own shot and drive better than Kerr. Kerr has admitted he couldn't create his own shot.

Kerr was a spot-up shooter. Jimmer gives you that and more. And has 25 foot ranger. Don't know if Kerr had that range (He might have but never set up to take shots from there. Dunno if Jimmer will do that in the NBA either, but in college, he was bombs away.)

KevinNYC
12-24-2011, 06:50 AM
he's not in good enough shape to be a really effective perimeter man-to-man defender. Especially given how he's not a naturally explosive player.

However this won't necessarily stop him from being a good system defender.

How exactly is he not in shape?

SourPatchKids
01-05-2013, 03:01 AM
jimmer fredette really reminds me alot of shaquille O'Neil the similarities are just too much too list

Pushxx
01-05-2013, 03:54 AM
I was banging seven gram rocks--that's how I roll.