PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody honestly see anybody but Miami winning it all this season?

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Lets face it their only major rivals are Thunder and Bulls and even then Bulls are likely overmatched in a series. They don't have enough firepower to score consistantly.

Dallas as the defending champs should of been a threat but that ended when they lost Chandler and Barea along with Stevenson. Dallas are also a year older with nobody being under 32-33. Lakers look pretty much done now....so how can Miami be beat? Big 3 a full year together, Haslem back 100% which he wasn't pretty much all of last season, Battier is a great addition for his shooting, leadership and elite defense. Miller and Jones returning helps too...plus anything Curry can give them is a bonus. Then you have Norris Cole who could be a seriously good rotation player for them.

Thunder stand the best chance with their youth and their two stars along with soild role players but still they don't quite have enough yet to beat Miami yet. Need more experience.

Bladers
12-18-2011, 02:38 AM
and here comes the hype before the perennial choke.

Kurosawa0
12-18-2011, 02:40 AM
OKC may be a serious threat if Durant can affirm his status as "the guy" on his own team. They won't win a title until that happens.

I would say that Chicago could surprise us too.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Heat over OKC in 5.

Theoo's Daddy
12-18-2011, 02:44 AM
Memphis could upset them.. They have a deep bench /their bigs are skilled and long...

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 02:46 AM
Memphis could upset them.. They have a deep bench /their bigs are skilled and long...

Memphis would make it a better matchup/series than OKC. I think they have a shot to get to finals too for sure.

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 02:53 AM
I could have sworn Heat fans probably said the same thing last season. I bet Heat fans/bandwagoners said the same thing heading into the NBA Finals.

Bulls, Thunder, Mavericks, Lakers (if they make moves), Knicks, and some more could beat the Heat in a 7 game series.

talk at ya
12-18-2011, 02:54 AM
This is what people said last year. OKC and the Bulls are obviously threats, older elilte teams like LAL, Dallas and Boston could potentially react better to the shortened season, we could have a young team (like the Grizzlies) or newly improved teams (like NY or LAC) mesh really well and have a great season. Yeah, Miami obviously have a great chance to win it all, but last year people were saying no way they could lose, and then a team that no one except homers considered a legit threat before the playoffs come to win it all.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:00 AM
I could have sworn Heat fans probably said the same thing last season. I bet Heat fans/bandwagoners said the same thing heading into the NBA Finals.

Bulls, Thunder, Mavericks, Lakers (if they make moves), Knicks, and some more could beat the Heat in a 7 game series.

So you expected the Heat to win a title in their first year together? I'd say going to game 6 in of the finals first year together and having the 3rd best record in the NBA is INSANELY impressive.

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 03:01 AM
This is what people said last year. OKC and the Bulls are obviously threats, older elilte teams like LAL, Dallas and Boston could potentially react better to the shortened season, we could have a young team (like the Grizzlies) or newly improved teams (like NY or LAC) mesh really well and have a great season. Yeah, Miami obviously have a great chance to win it all, but last year people were saying no way they could lose, and then a team that no one except homers considered a legit threat before the playoffs come to win it all.

That is not true at all, Lakers were considered the favourites this time last year and heading into the playoffs MOST on here said Boston would beat them. Most Heat fans said they could win it all last year but it was the first year together and alot said year 1 was the year they would lose..it was the only chance the rest of the league had at beating them. Year 2 was when people expected them to win.

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 03:02 AM
So you expected the Heat to win a title in their first year together? I'd say going to game 6 in of the finals first year together and having the 3rd best record in the NBA is INSANELY impressive.
When did I say that? I said I could have sworn these people said the same thing last season. I never said that myself. Heat were suppose to win it all after taking out the Bulls and the Celtics to a lot of people.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:04 AM
When did I say that? I said I could have sworn these people said the same thing last season. I never said that myself. Heat were suppose to win it all after taking out the Bulls and the Celtics to a lot of people.

Just saying... people consider the Heat favorites now. Last year they were after the Lakers. So just saying it's not same thing as predicting it last year.

dirk94_
12-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Everybody said this last year but they didn't win it all did they?

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Just saying... people consider the Heat favorites now. Last year they were after the Lakers. So just saying it's not same thing as predicting it last year.
The favorites last year was the Lakers and they got swept. Yeah I don't think you have a point at all.

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Everybody said this last year but they didn't win it all did they?

No they weren't, everybody had Lakers as favourites with Boston close.

dirk94_
12-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Naw I remember everybody saying heat vs lakers in finals and laker fans saying they where going to win and heat fans said the same as well.

iDefend5
No they weren't, everybody had Lakers as favourites with Boston close.
Yeah and how successful were those two teams? Yeah the Heat are the favorites now, so what exactly is your point? You think they have no competition or something and they will steamroll the league like LeBron said they would in June 2010? :rolleyes:

Clippersfan86
The favorites last year was the Lakers and they got swept. Yeah I don't think you have a point at all.

My point is that I'm disagreeing with you. Vegas had the Lakers. I didn't hear Heat fans predicting a title. Maybe towards the very end of the season but not in general. So maybe I should be asking you what your point is in regards to the Lakers getting swept. I'm basically saying "That's what they said last year" etc is false.

Last year Heat fans in general didn't predict an immediate title from what I saw (besides trolls). This year they are the favorites in Vegas and in the eyes of most people. So predicting title this year= completely different.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Yeah and how successful were those two teams? Yeah the Heat are the favorites now, so what exactly is your point? You think they have no competition or something and they will steamroll the league like LeBron said they would in June 2010? :rolleyes:

Miami steamrolled pretty much everybody last year after the rough start. You don't win 21 of 22 games without steamrolling. You don't get close to breaking the NBA road win streak record if you don't steamroll.

Now they had an extra offseason to gel and are very motivated after being embarrassed in the finals. I honestly think they will easily get back to the finals and crush Bulls. I don't feel right picking anybody but the Heat to win the title this year if I had to bet money.

Meticode
12-18-2011, 03:12 AM
I don't see the Heat winning it all unless Wade and LeBron figure out how to play with each other. For example in the Finals last year there was a game where Wade was hot and on fire and the Heat were leading. Then for whatever reason he defers to LeBron like he's saying, "Hey LeBron, go get yours." and they lose that game while Wade loses his touch/rhythm as well.

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 03:13 AM

You said they were favourites last year which they weren't. Thats the point.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:13 AM
I don't see the Heat winning it all unless Wade and LeBron figure out how to play with each other. For example int he Finals last year there was a game where Wade was hot and on fire and the Heat were leading. Then for whatever reason he defers to LeBron like he's saying, "Hey LeBron, go get yours." and they lose that game while Wade loses his touch/rhythm as well.

This will be a problem in the finals if they don't resolve it... but I just don't see the same kind of meltdown happening two years in a row. If Lebron chokes.. I know Wade is going to step up this time.

Meticode
12-18-2011, 03:14 AM
This will be a problem in the finals if they don't resolve it... but I just don't see the same kind of meltdown happening two years in a row. If Lebron chokes.. I know Wade is going to step up this time.
Whatever the case, I hope they don't win anything in LeBron's tenure there. :lol

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Whatever the case, I hope they don't win anything in LeBron's tenure there. :lol

I don't blame you.

EnoughSaid
12-18-2011, 03:16 AM
It depends. Will they be better? Probably. We just need to see how LeBron and Wade play with eachother with a season already under their belt. If Bosh contributes more and is more comfortable, then I see no reason why they shouldn't win the title this year. As a Heat fan, I'm hoping. :D

Clippersfan86

Yea it's hard for me to root for Lebron but the fact that they can have such a mentally fragile, dysfunctional team yet STILL go to game 6 of the finals in their first year together? That's fu**ing scary dude. Even if Lebron still sucks in the clutch.. Bosh or Wade will likely step up. I actually think Bosh is an underrated competitor. Last year when Bosh played great... Heat were unbeatable pretty much. He's become very disrespected/underrated around here.

iDefend5
You said they were favourites last year which they weren't. Thats the point.
Ok, so they weren't the favorites last year, the Celtics and Lakers who are two teams that didn't even make the finals were. Now what exactly is your point? So the team you have decided to bandwagon is the favorites, now what? How about instead of talking about you guys are #1 and are the favorites, you have your bandwagon team show it and prove it to everyone instead? Of course the team you bandwagoned on tried to do that and failed at the most important time.

I don't see the Heat winning it all unless Wade and LeBron figure out how to play with each other. For example in the Finals last year there was a game where Wade was hot and on fire and the Heat were leading. Then for whatever reason he defers to LeBron like he's saying, "Hey LeBron, go get yours." and they lose that game while Wade loses his touch/rhythm as well.
It sounds like you think they'll never win then, at least until they get a new/better coach.

CP_Hornet

I think having a leader like Battier to calm everybody down will help big time. His shooting and defense will be key in a tough mental battle in the finals.

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 03:17 AM
That is what exactly happened in the 2011 NBA Finals, so how exactly did that turn out?

D-Wade316
12-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Yea it's hard for me to root for Lebron but the fact that they can have such a mentally fragile, dysfunctional team yet STILL go to game 6 of the finals in their first year together? That's fu**ing scary dude. Even if Lebron still sucks in the clutch.. Bosh or Wade will likely step up. I actually think Bosh is an underrated competitor. Last year when Bosh played great... Heat were unbeatable pretty much. He's become very disrespected/underrated around here.
:cheers:

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:18 AM
I think having a leader like Battier to calm everybody down will help big time. His shooting and defense will be key in a tough mental battle in the finals.

Battier will absolutely help. Not to mention Haslem is now going to be 100 percent. Then you factor in them having a chip on their shoulder after Dirk humiliated them. They are going to come out with a vengeance this year.

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Ok, so they weren't the favorites last year, the Celtics and Lakers who are two teams that didn't even make the finals were. Now what exactly is your point? So the team you have decided to bandwagon is the favorites, now what? How about instead of talking about you guys are #1 and are the favorites, you have your bandwagon team show it and prove it to everyone instead? Of course the team you bandwagoned on tried to do that and failed at the most important time.

Not bandwagoning them, just facts are facts they have the best team and should win it all. Nobody seem capable of beating them par a few teams.

The Macho Man
12-18-2011, 03:19 AM
My point is that I'm disagreeing with you. Vegas had the Lakers. I didn't hear Heat fans predicting a title. Maybe towards the very end of the season but not in general. So maybe I should be asking you what your point is in regards to the Lakers getting swept. I'm basically saying "That's what they said last year" etc is false.

Last year Heat fans in general didn't predict an immediate title from what I saw (besides trolls). This year they are the favorites in Vegas and in the eyes of most people. So predicting title this year= completely different.

Meticode
12-18-2011, 03:21 AM
I saw Heat fans predicting a title before the season even started. Unless I was mis-understanding them saying the Heat would break the 72-10 record, but loss in the playoffs? :D

EnoughSaid
Just going to throw it out there that it took a crazy series by Dirk and the Mavs' veterans with LeBron not playing well to beat the Heat. How likely is it that something like that would happen again?

Clippersfan86

I already included besides trolls/homers in previous post. Vegas having them as 3rd in odds after Lakers, Celtics is a good indication of the larger population opinion of them.

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 03:22 AM
Just going to throw it out there that it took a crazy series by Dirk and the Mavs' veterans with LeBron not playing well to beat the Heat. How likely is it that something like that would happen again?

Very slim.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:23 AM
I saw Heat fans predicting a title before the season even started. Unless I was mis-understanding them saying the Heat would break the 72-10 record, but loss in the playoffs? :D

Definitely had the tards predicting that. I just meant in general Heat weren't considered favorites last year like they are this year.

Meticode
The same chances of how likely it was that LeBron would not show up in multiple 4th quarters. He actually had a streak going.

D-Wade316
I saw and heard the rampant media proclaiming the Heat won't get past Boston after the 9-8 start and the 5-game losing streak.

Clippersfan86

They don't have the personnel to repeat that. Lost a lot of depth. Tyson Chandler was HUGE in the finals for Dallas.

EnoughSaid
12-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Let's take a look at the top teams in the NBA:

Bulls
Celtics
Knicks

Lakers
OKC
Mavs

The bold teams are the only ones I see that the Heat will have trouble with.

D-Wade316
12-18-2011, 03:28 AM

Bulls
Celtics
Knicks

Lakers
OKC
Mavs

IMHO, the Grizzlies are better than the Mavs. The loss of Chandler is huge. Their front court would just eat the Mavs alive.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:29 AM
IMHO, the Grizzlies are better than the Mavs. The loss of Chandler is huge. Their front court would just eat the Mavs alive.

Yea. Swap Grizzlies for Mavs... Hell even Lakers may drop out of the top 3 in west spot.

knicksman
12-18-2011, 03:30 AM
Best front court wins in this league. Miami doesnt have it but knicks got it.

The Macho Man
Plenty of people were predicting the heat to win it last year. I believe right after the signings they were the betting favorites and even if they fell to third behind LA and Boston in the betting lines they were still one of the favorites. If they were the 3rd favorite obviously lots of people thought they would win it.

DevilsAssassin

agreed. I honestly think the Grizzles can finish with the 2nd best record in the Western Conference this season.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:32 AM

That applies often times...but when you have players like Wade/Lebron who impact the game like a big man with double digits rebounds, blocked shots and scoring in the paint often times.... I don't think it's such a sure thing.

Soundwave
12-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Knicks could be a sleeper contender I think if Chandler plays well. I actually think the Knicks present the Heat with more problems than the Bulls.

The_Yearning
12-18-2011, 03:35 AM

Bulls
Celtics
Knicks

Lakers
OKC
Mavs

I don't see the Heat having trouble with any of those teams and I didn't think they would have any trouble last year either. But of course, shit happens.

brisbaneman
12-18-2011, 03:36 AM
It will be tough for Miami to win with Lebron on the team.

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 03:36 AM
The same chances of how likely it was that LeBron would not show up in multiple 4th quarters. He actually had a streak going.

thats idiotic, lebron was great up until the finals. playing that badly again is unlikely.

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 03:37 AM

:roll: knicks have no chance, your D sucks ass and so does your coach. no team has had two of the best 3 in the league. So frontcourt doesnt mean too much

dirk94_
12-18-2011, 03:41 AM
I have a feeling one of the big 3 is going to get hurt this season though.

D-Wade316
12-18-2011, 03:43 AM
I have a feeling one of the big 3 is going to get hurt this season though.
Let's wait and see.

knicksman
12-18-2011, 03:54 AM
That applies often times...but when you have players like Wade/Lebron who impact the game like a big man with double digits rebounds, blocked shots and scoring in the paint often times.... I don't think it's such a sure thing.

They lost to dallas that has a good frontcourt. I dont think lebron really have that impact. I think dirk, duncan, kg are more impactful than him. Hes just overrated that he played in a weaker eastern conference. In fact they would have lost against the celtics if not for the perk trade. Bulls just didnt have the frontcourt coz boozer is undersized and not athletic to be a good defender.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 03:57 AM
They lost to dallas that has a good frontcourt. I dont think lebron really have that impact. I think dirk, duncan, kg are more impactful than him. Hes just overrated that he played in a weaker eastern conference. In fact they would have lost against the celtics if not for the perk trade. Bulls just didnt have the frontcourt coz boozer is undersized and not athletic to be a good defender.

They lost mainly because of Dallas' swarming perimeter D. The job Kidd, Marion, Stephenson and even Terry did to stop penetration was HUGE.

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Here we go again, same ish like last year. Nobody is going to beat the supposedly invincible Miami Heat, on their way to establishing the imminent Heat dynasty....right?! Like Magic said after the Finals, either Wade or Lebron is going to have to learn to play without the ball for them to be able to win a title. Neither one has done anything to change that, and until they do, they won't be going anywhere. :no:

knicksman
12-18-2011, 04:02 AM
:roll: knicks have no chance, your D sucks ass and so does your coach. no team has had two of the best 3 in the league. So frontcourt doesnt mean too much

looks like the emoticon shows you fear us. Sorry but thats what it is. Bynum/gasol, rasheed/ben, perk/kg, dirk/chandler. Sorry but your team aint winning. Im not afraid of players who cant shoot and weak frontcourt. Thats why boston big 3 win it all because they have better frontcourt and scorers who can shoot despite being considered as inferior players. Sorry but i prefer our build over your team any day. Our team is built like dallas, boston, lakers who have won the last 4 chips. Best frontcourt(gasol/bynum or amare/chandler and a perimeter player(kobe or melo) that can shoot anywhere on the court and not bricks.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Here we go again, same ish like last year. Nobody is going to beat the supposedly invincible Miami Heat, on their way to establishing the imminent Heat dynasty....right?! Like Magic said after the Finals, either Wade or Lebron is going to have to learn to play without the ball for them to be able to win a title. Neither one has done anything to change that, and until they do, they won't be going anywhere. :no:

Oh the Heat have already played this season?

Fawker
12-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Boston is set I guess. Ready to go :confusedshrug: . Damn they are like a retirement home for one and done superstar teams.

DirkNowitzki41
Not really. Miami is gonna truly kick some ass this year. Im still going with my Mavs this year, but if not, I don't mind Miami getting their ring.

knicksman
They lost mainly because of Dallas' swarming perimeter D. The job Kidd, Marion, Stephenson and even Terry did to stop penetration was HUGE.

It is also because of chandler, haywood, dirk. Lebron knew its pretty useless beating his man when those guys are waiting for him. So hed rather shoot jumpshot than penetrate and we all knew lebrick is not a great shooter thats why he choked. If boston have perkins, they would have again stopped either lebron or wade from penetration. Thats why boston were 3-0 against them in regular season when they still have perk.

TDPrime2030
12-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Not really. Miami is gonna truly kick some ass this year. Im still going with my Mavs this year, but if not, I don't mind Miami getting their ring.

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1546183172/260378_2116843234350_1043819153_32450739_3166462_n _reasonably_small.jpg

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Oh the Heat have already played this season?

You TRULY love to make yourself look stupid....don't you?!:rolleyes:

And why are you so concerned about what people say about the Heat?! Aren't you the same moron all giddy with excitement over the Paul signing, so...what does one have to do with the other....are you a Clips fan or a Heat fan?!

TDPrime2030
12-18-2011, 04:25 AM

And why are you so concerned about what people say about the Heat?! Aren't you the same moron all giddy with excitement over the Paul signing, so...what does one have to do with the other....are you a Clips fan or a Heat fan?!He is the same guy that talked about how much of a little b!tch Chris Paul was and how he would hate for him to join his team and now he is talking about how awesome he is now that he is a Clipper, :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 04:29 AM
He is the same guy that talked about how much of a little b!tch Chris Paul was and how he would hate for him to join his team and now he is talking about how awesome he is now that he is a Clipper, :oldlol:

Chris Paul situation... was something I didn't like. I DIDN'T want Chris Paul trade at the expense of Eric Gordon. Now that he's on my team I'm supporting him 100 percent like any good fan does. Of course you wouldn't understand the idea of being an unconditional or diehard fan though.

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 04:29 AM
He is the same guy that talked about how much of a little b!tch Chris Paul was and how he would hate for him to join his team and now he is talking about how awesome he is now that he is a Clipper, :oldlol:

Seems like he's a pathetic bandwagon jumper to me. This topic has nothing to do with the Clippers and here he comes, all hot and bothered cuz I said the Heat won't be going anywhere anytime soon, like he's a bandwagon Heat fan, or something.:wtf:

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 04:30 AM

And why are you so concerned about what people say about the Heat?! Aren't you the same moron all giddy with excitement over the Paul signing, so...what does one have to do with the other....are you a Clips fan or a Heat fan?!

I'm not concerned about people dissing the Heat. I just don't appreciate retarded statements you and other trolls make around here. You said the Heat haven't changed/improved but they have yet to play a game yet this year. You'd be wise not to make assumptions about the changes/improvements they have made until we see them play.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 04:31 AM
Seems like he's a pathetic bandwagon jumper to me. This topic has nothing to do with the Clippers and here he comes, all hot and bothered cuz I said the Heat won't be going anywhere anytime soon, like he's a bandwagon Heat fan, or something.:wtf:

:oldlol: :roll: . Yes.. I'm a "pathetic bandwagon jumper"

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 04:32 AM
I'm not concerned about people dissing the Heat. I just don't appreciate retarded statements you and other trolls make around here. You said the Heat haven't changed/improved but they have yet to play a game yet this year. You'd be wise not to make assumptions about the changes/improvements they have made until we see them play.

Dude please. The only troll here making re****** statements IS, HAS BEEN, AND WILL ALWAYS BE....ONLY YOU, so stop embarrassing yourself:facepalm

I made a GENERAL STATEMENT expressing MY OPINION on an NBA forum(which is exactly what you're supposed to do) and YOU took it personally for some strange and yet STILL unknown reason, so stop tryna act.

Are you a Heat fan or a Clippers fan, and it can't be both?!

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Dude please. The only troll here making re****** statements IS, HAS BEEN, AND WILL ALWAYS BE....ONLY YOU, so stop embarrassing yourself:facepalm

"Neither one has done anything to change that, and until they do, they won't be going anywhere." - LakersReign

That comment was in reference to Wade and Lebron. Just wondering how you came to the conclusion that neither has changed or improved on the problems they had. You haven't seen them play this year...

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 04:37 AM
"Neither one has done anything to change that, and until they do, they won't be going anywhere." - LakersReign

That comment was in reference to Wade and Lebron. Just wondering how you came to the conclusion that neither has changed or improved on the problems they had. You haven't seen them play this year...

Please keep trying to play semantics to prove that you're nothing but a pathetic troll with NO REAL POINT HERE and CLEARLY nothing better to do. When you can show me ANY article saying that they've been working to change that, holla. When Lebron was working out with Hakeem, you heard about it....right, but now you're supposedly not gonna hear about them working together to make Lebron the passer....right?!

Try again:no:

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Please keep trying to play semantics to prove that you're nothing but a pathetic troll with NO REAL POINT HERE and CLEARLY nothing better to do. When you can show me ANY article saying that they've been working to change that, holla. When Lebron was working out with Hakeem, you heard about it....right, but now you're supposedly not gonna hear about it?!

Try again:no:

:confusedshrug: If you had the logic and intelligence of a 15 year old... I'd be less confused right now. I feel like I'm talking to a 10 year old.

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 04:40 AM
:confusedshrug: If you had even the logic and intelligence of a 15 year old... I'd be less confused right now.

Exactly the kind of pathetic childish personal attack response I was expecting^^^^:facepalm

Thanks for FINALLY proving that you're nothing but a pathetic bandwagoning troll with NO REAL TEAM, just ANY popular team right now, not named Lakers. Which is exactly why you got all hot when I said that about the Heat:facepalm

Nice try:applause:

Clippersfan86
12-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Exactly the kind of pathetic childish personal attack response I was expecting^^^^:facepalm

Thanks for FINALLY proving that you're nothing but a pathetic bandwagoning troll with no real team, just any popular team right now. Which is exactly why you got all hot when I said that about the Heat:applause:

Wait I'm the one personally attacking you? :roll: . Dude I post basketball responses and you call me names and insult me in every thread. Way to be a victim though.

2swift4u
12-18-2011, 04:46 AM
Miami should be even better this season. But they haven't had a lot of luck with their trades/new players: Miller, Battier, Curry are all injured...Haslem was injured last season.. for once I'd like to see an all healthy Miami team to see how good they really can be!?

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Wait I'm the one personally attacking you? :roll: . Dude I post basketball responses and you call me names and insult me in every thread. Way to be a victim though.

:confusedshrug: If you had even the logic and intelligence of a 15 year old... I'd be less confused right now.

^^^^The "basketball response" he was referring to. Notice the basketball context of that post?!:facepalm

Please keep trying to play semantics to prove that you're nothing but a pathetic troll with NO REAL POINT HERE and CLEARLY nothing better to do. Try again:no:

You're nothing but a pathetic bandwagoning troll with NO REAL TEAM, just ANY popular team right now, not named Lakers. Which is exactly why you got all hot when I said that about the Heat:facepalm

Nice try:applause:

I REST MY CASE!!!!:applause:

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 05:03 AM
looks like the emoticon shows you fear us. Sorry but thats what it is. Bynum/gasol, rasheed/ben, perk/kg, dirk/chandler. Sorry but your team aint winning. Im not afraid of players who cant shoot and weak frontcourt. Thats why boston big 3 win it all because they have better frontcourt and scorers who can shoot despite being considered as inferior players. Sorry but i prefer our build over your team any day. Our team is built like dallas, boston, lakers who have won the last 4 chips. Best frontcourt(gasol/bynum or amare/chandler and a perimeter player(kobe or melo) that can shoot anywhere on the court and not bricks.

:roll: you are nothing like Dallas or L.A was. First off your two best players are one of the worse defenders for their position. Your frontcourt is good offensively and chandler is your only good defender. Fact is your team is no where near the contenders Heat, Thunder, Mavs, Lakers and Bulls.

knicksman
12-18-2011, 07:16 AM
:roll: you are nothing like Dallas or L.A was. First off your two best players are one of the worse defenders for their position. Your frontcourt is good offensively and chandler is your only good defender. Fact is your team is no where near the contenders Heat, Thunder, Mavs, Lakers and Bulls.

na defense are for no talent players. Its like a janitors job(dirty work). Everybody can be a janitor but nobody wants to be a janitor. The same with defense(dirty work). Everybody can play defense but nobody wants to play defense. :lol So you better hope these 2 arent motivated coz once they will. Its over for your heat.

stephanieg
12-18-2011, 07:29 AM
The only reason Miami even got to the finals was because LeBron was hitting some facepalm worthy garbage threes over the course of two whole series. That stopped in the finals, thank god. Would've been the flukiest title run ever.

alenleomessi
12-18-2011, 07:57 AM
They will probably win it, but u never know
shit happens

pmj
12-18-2011, 09:00 AM
They are favorites b/c of talent + experience, but there's plenty of teams that have favorable matchups against them. They're still woefully lacking at PG and C, so they'll never be unbeatable imo. But with Lebron and Wade, their fate is in their own hands whether they win or lose any series.

Clutch
12-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Knicks will beat Miami this year. BOOK IT

CP_Hornet
12-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Knicks will beat Miami this year. BOOK IT

Not with the way you guys play defense, quite frankly it's a joke. You would be lucky to get a game in a series off Miami.

JohnnySic
12-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Miami could lose in the 1st round and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Honestly.. although I want my Knicks to make the Finalz I see Miami taking the East and winning their first Ring.

Lebron will be angry and go into beast mode this year.

niko
12-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Honestly.. although I want my Knicks to make the Finalz I see Miami taking the East and winning their first Ring.

Lebron will be angry and go into beast mode this year.
You're not a Knick fam, you're a freaking troll. Why the **** do all the new trolls use Knick avi's? ARe they easier to find?

And can someone explain to me why everyone, the media included things Lebron deciding to pack it in again in a pressure situation and lose the series last year is somehow a good thing that will mean more sucess this year.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 10:47 AM
You're not a Knick fam, you're a freaking troll. Why the **** do all the new trolls use Knick avi's? ARe they easier to find?

And can someone explain to me why everyone, the media included things Lebron deciding to pack it in again in a pressure situation and lose the series last year is somehow a good thing that will mean more sucess this year.

Go blow yourself loser.
You are the only Troll here.

I've been a Knicks fan probably longer then you've been alive.

Lebron did screw up last year in the Finalz but he also had his Clutch moments in other series.
Assuming they cant get it to work and win a Title is stupid or just naive.

The Knicks have their first year together and their roster is not completely rounded out yet so I am not sure if they will be able to seriously Contend this year even if I want them to.

Also even tho I like DAntoni I worry if he'll be able to get our defense up to snuff in the playoffs given his coaching history.

blablabla
12-18-2011, 10:50 AM

because he absolutely has to win this year

and the year before and the one before that and and and

niko
12-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Go blow yourself loser.
You are the only Troll here.

I've been a Knicks fan probably longer then you've been alive.

Lebron did screw up last year in the Finalz but he also had his Clutch moments in other series.
Assuming they cant get it to work and win a Title is stupid or just naive.

The Knicks have their first year together and their roster is not completely rounded out yet so I am not sure if they will be able to seriously Contend this year even if I want them to.

Also even tho I like DAntoni I worry if he'll be able to get our defense up to snuff in the playoffs given his coaching history.

YOu're anti Kobe so you blow Lebron in these threads occasionally to pump him up. All your threads are in those threads. You could give a rats ass about the Knicks.

TROLL.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 10:53 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

:rolleyes:

I love my Knicks.
You obviously only care about Loving Kobe or Hating on Lebron.

Also I have no problem with Kobe and I dont hate him I only hate people who overrate him in an ATSense and a certain subset of his Stans.

I give Kobe props all the time but of course since your naive and narrow-minded you'll only pay attention to the times I criticize him.

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 03:15 PM
They will probably win it, but u never know
shit happens
That sounds about right but Heat bandwagoners don't understand that. That is why they jumped on that bandwagon in the first place.

returnofthemack
12-18-2011, 03:58 PM
the heatave to b favorites this year but like many others have said you dont know whats going to happen in the playoffs untill they get there. being the favorite doesnt mean they will win a ring for sure. any number of teams could beat them givin the right circumstances

Blue&Orange
12-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I didn't hear Heat fans predicting a title.
lol wut? :lol :roll:

swi7ch
12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
The only thing stopping the Heat is Erik Spoelstra. They should have beaten DAL but he failed motivating the team and he failed with the rotations early on on the series (and throughout the playoffs).

MooseJuiceBowen
12-18-2011, 04:09 PM
YOu're anti Kobe so you blow Lebron in these threads occasionally to pump him up. All your threads are in those threads. You could give a rats ass about the Knicks.

TROLL.

funny coming from a top 5 ISH troll in niko im sure that doesnt mean much.

****ing *****

knickswin
12-18-2011, 04:13 PM
they are definitely the most talented team, but there are teams capable of outplaying them

ballsohard247
12-18-2011, 04:15 PM
They are the favorites in my opinion. Came close last year and now they will have more time to learn the right way to play together.

Hank
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
They are the favorites in my opinion. Came close last year and now they will have more time to learn the right way to play together.

It's not just your opinion, but the opinion of most everyone. You're not a 2/1 favorite in Vegas unless people around the world seriously think you're huge and MASSIVE favorite to win ita all. The Miami Heatles are way ahead of everyone else. It's not even close when you're 2-1 favorites

Las Vegas Odds to Win 2012 NBA Championship:

Miami Heat 2 to 1
Los Angeles Lakers 6 to 1
Oklahoma City Thunder 15 to 2
Chicago Bulls 15 to 2
Dallas Mavericks 10 to 1
Boston Celtics 14 to 1
Los Angeles Clippers 15 to 1
New York Knicks 18 to 1
Memphis Grizzlies 25 to 1
Orlando Magic 25 to 1
San Antonio Spurs 30 to 1
Portland Trail Blazers 35 to 1
Atlanta Hawks 50 to 1
New Jersey Nets 50 to 1
Denver Nuggets 65 to 1
Houston Rockets 75 to 1
Indiana Pacers 75 to 1
Phoenix Suns 75 to 1
Golden State Warriors 100 to 1
Milwaukee Bucks 100 to 1
Philadelphia 76ers 100 to 1
Utah Jazz 100 to 1
Charlotte Bobcats 150 to 1
Minnesota Timberwolves 150 to 1
New Orleans Hornets 150 to 1
Sacramento Kings 150 to 1
Washington Wizards 150 to 1
Cleveland Cavaliers 200 to 1
Detroit Pistons 200 to 1
Toronto CRaptors 200 to 1

sixer6ad
12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
When you look at it on paper, and think of the Big 3, it's so hard to imagine that they won't win. I thought they underachieved last year yet they make it to the Finals. It would seem this year is a slam dunk.

However...they are missing something that's hard to define.

I personally think the Bulls have a chance to spoil the party.

OKCThunderUP
12-18-2011, 06:37 PM
The teams returning the most players and remaining continuity carrying over from 2010-2011 have the best chances of getting a high seed and going to the Finals. Those include teams like Miami, Chicago, OKC, and the Grizzlies. Dallas, the Lakers, etc won't fare as well because guys haven't had time to mesh and get chemistry with one another.

I didn't put Boston in this group because they're old as hell and have ONeal starting at center (lol).

longtime lurker
12-18-2011, 08:12 PM
The title is really the Heat's to lose, but the team needs an inside presence and Pat Riley goes out and signs Shane Battier :facepalm I really wouldn't be surprised if a team with a better big man tandem beats the Heat.

Jasper
12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
It's not just your opinion, but the opinion of most everyone. You're not a 2/1 favorite in Vegas unless people around the world seriously think you're huge and MASSIVE favorite to win ita all. The Miami Heatles are way ahead of everyone else. It's not even close when you're 2-1 favorites

Las Vegas Odds to Win 2012 NBA Championship:

Miami Heat 2 to 1
Los Angeles Lakers 6 to 1
Oklahoma City Thunder 15 to 2
Chicago Bulls 15 to 2
Dallas Mavericks 10 to 1
Boston Celtics 14 to 1
Los Angeles Clippers 15 to 1
New York Knicks 18 to 1
Memphis Grizzlies 25 to 1
Orlando Magic 25 to 1
San Antonio Spurs 30 to 1
Portland Trail Blazers 35 to 1
Atlanta Hawks 50 to 1
New Jersey Nets 50 to 1
Denver Nuggets 65 to 1
Houston Rockets 75 to 1
Indiana Pacers 75 to 1
Phoenix Suns 75 to 1
Golden State Warriors 100 to 1
Milwaukee Bucks 100 to 1
Philadelphia 76ers 100 to 1
Utah Jazz 100 to 1
Charlotte Bobcats 150 to 1
Minnesota Timberwolves 150 to 1
New Orleans Hornets 150 to 1
Sacramento Kings 150 to 1
Washington Wizards 150 to 1
Cleveland Cavaliers 200 to 1
Detroit Pistons 200 to 1
Toronto CRaptors 200 to 1

Heat over the Grizz (6 games) Grizz IMo are still under rated.

The title is really the Heat's to lose, but the team needs an inside presence and Pat Riley goes out and signs Shane Battier :facepalm I really wouldn't be surprised if a team with a better big man tandem beats the Heat.

Battier as a Rocket saw Kobe alot , and plays very well against him 1 on 1. ( that is ins. if lakers even get to the finals with Howard)

poido123
12-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Injury can derail any hopes of Miami winning, any of the big 3 are not healthy come playoffs, they will suffer more than any other team. Bulls or Knicks can knock them out, boston and magic, no. Bulls being the most likely in the east. In the west, Lakers, Clippers, grizzlies, Dallas as we know, would be my picks to beat them, oh and OKC if they can learn to carry set plays in the fourth quarter

Askmeificare
07-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Lets face it their only major rivals are Thunder and Bulls and even then Bulls are likely overmatched in a series. They don't have enough firepower to score consistantly.

:biggums:

Hank
07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Injury can derail any hopes of Miami winning, any of the big 3 are not healthy come playoffs, they will suffer more than any other team. Bulls or Knicks can knock them out,

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/tumblr_m6boufy4N21qgqava.gif

Supersonics33
07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Heat over OKC in 5.:lebronamazed:

Dwyane Rose
07-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Heat over OKC in 5.
:bowdown: