PDA

View Full Version : Higher on your all-time: Kobe Bryant vs. Kevin Garnett

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I always thought it was pretty clear that Kobe was ahead but apparently one guy (guess who?) disagrees.

No I dont.

Kobe's (Teams) accomplished more.
Kobe is a better scorer.
Kobe is slightly more impactful on the 0ffensive end.

KG attracts more defensive attention.
KG has better production in the playoffs.
KG was the better player.
KG was the better all around player.
KG is a better Rebounder/Passer
KG is a better Leader and is 1000x more impactful on the defensive end.

:facepalm

I like Kobe.. but the more I seriously compare him and Garnett the more I think KG may belong ahead of him on the GOAT list.

Had Garnett had Kobe's luck with supporting Casts who knows what he may have accomplished resume wise.

KG : Post Season - PER
Peak : 25.5
Top 5 : 24.68
Top 7 : 24

Kobe : Post Season - PER
Peak : 26.8
Top 5 : 24
Top 7 : 23

I'll go with Kobe....

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
This isn't Golf.

Kobe had the Jordan of his Era (Prime Shaq) for 8 years and then a very stacked (Top 3) Cast + PJ for another 3-4 years.

Give KG similar Casts/Luck and who knows how many Rings he has.

How many years did KG get to play with the best player in the league who was the focal point of the teams 0ffense and took most of the defensive pressure off him?
Dont you think that would have helped him out?

He never even had close to a Gasol caliber player in his best years.

KG gave his teams better Production + much better Intangibles.
If you remove team accolades
(which shouldn't be used to judge individual players) one can make a very strong case that KG is a better player then Kobe and belongs higher on the GOAT list.

I currently have Kobe ahead of KG on my GOAT list but its not set in stone yet for me.

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 04:07 PM
I currently have Kobe ahead of KG on my GOAT list but its not set in stone yet for me.
I am sure Garnett who isn't even a top 20 player in the league anymore can change that. :rolleyes:

DevilsAssassin
12-18-2011, 04:09 PM
rg new account?

christian1923
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM
is this a joke?

32Dayz
I am sure Garnett who isn't even at top 20 player in the league anymore can change that. :rolleyes:

Point is in terms of 0ffensive impact.
When you look at individual 0ffense + passing + involving teammates + setting picks/screens + 0ffensive rebounding.

I think Kobe has an edge (significant edge) in individual 0ffense.
KG has the edge everywhere else.

Thus the difference in 0ffensive impact between the two is relatively small. Kobe has the edge but not an enormous one.

Defensively... its not even remotely close.

That is why KG was the better player the majority of his Career.
He played on bad teams so he never accomplished much but that isnt a good reason to rank Kobe ahead of him.

Kobe has more team success because he played on better teams.

Who is the better individual player? Hard to say honestly.

Quickening
:rant

****ing fakkit.

Dwade305
12-18-2011, 04:11 PM
rg new account?
:roll: :roll: that sh1t is getting so obvious

ballsohard247
12-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Mamba.:hammerhead:

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:13 PM
****ing fakkit.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm217/Allume-Le-Cirque/Sig/Kobe-U-Mad.jpg

http://stevedwriter.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/kobe2.jpg

swi7ch
12-18-2011, 04:13 PM
This is clearly a joke thread so I'm choosing Garnett. In fact, I'm choosing Garnett over both Kobe AND Jordan! :applause:

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm choosing Garnett. In fact, I'm choosing Garnett over Kobe! :applause:

:rockon:

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
lol its funny watching the Kobe Stans get angry over this.

I already said I rank Kobe higher currently but that I am not sure if he should be.

Remove the "Team" accolades and examine the two as individual players and its obviously very close.

Anyone who thinks it isn't is simply a pathetic Homer for one of the two players.

:applause:

blablabla
12-18-2011, 04:19 PM
This message is hidden because 32Dayz is on your ignore list.feelsgoodman

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:20 PM
lol.. I am done posting in this "rage" thread.

Have fun living in denial Kobe Stans.

:lol

:cheers:

http://stevedwriter.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/kobe2.jpg

I already said I rank Kobe higher currently but that I am not sure if he should be.

Remove the "Team" accolades and examine the two as individual players and its obviously very close.

Anyone who thinks it isn't is simply a pathetic Homer for one of the two players.

Vertical-24
12-18-2011, 04:21 PM

Its Not

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Its Not

Funny but I have made threads about this on other forums before and a large number of people actually thought KG was the better individual player and had difficulty deciding if he should be ranked ahead or behind Kobe on the GOAT list.

That has already gave me the confidence I needed to keep this opinion.

This isn't a diss on Kobe either its just that KG is a very underrated player because he played on bad teams.

I really dont think the difference in individual ability/impact between the two is significant.

o well.. :cheers:

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Funny but I have made threads about this on other forums before and a large number of people actually thought KG was the better individual player and had difficulty deciding if he should be ranked ahead or behind Kobe on the GOAT list.

That has already gave me the confidence I needed to keep this opinion.

This isn't a diss on Kobe either its just that KG is a very underrated player because he played on bad teams.

I really dont think the difference in individual ability/impact between the two is significant.

o well.. :cheers:
A large number of people, yet it still wasn't the majority. Of course you said the same thing about a large number of people agreed with you that Gasol was better than Kobe in 2010.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:35 PM
A large number of people, yet it still wasn't the majority. Of course you said the same thing about a large number of people agreed with you that Gasol was better than Kobe in 2010.

By large number I mean like almost 60/40.

I'd say that 75%+ agreed that either way you rank them the difference between them was very small.

iDefend5
12-18-2011, 04:36 PM
By large number I mean like almost 60/40.

I'd say that 75%+ agreed that either way you rank them the difference between them was very small.
:facepalm Pathological liar.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:37 PM
:facepalm I cant handle the truth.

I know, your pathetic. :oldlol:
Silly Kobe Stans intelligence and logic is for normal people.

(e)
12-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Kobe

Harison
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
All-time list includes accolades, so its Kobe. Talent and impact wise KG has a very good argument over Kobe, but it wasnt the question.

Haymaker
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
KG is sooooooo overrated in this board, it's not even funny. And this is coming from a Kobe hater.

CeltsGarlic
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I think defense>offense.
KG

Kornheiser
12-18-2011, 04:51 PM
KG gave his teams better Production + much better Intangibles.

http://i.imgur.com/wJ3Fk.jpg

The Iron Fist
12-18-2011, 04:51 PM
I always thought it was pretty clear that Kobe was ahead but apparently one guy (guess who?) disagrees.

I'll go with Kobe....
That idiot thinks mostly everyone is above Kobe.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
KG is sooooooo overrated in this board, it's not even funny. this is coming from a Tim Duncan homer.

Fixed.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
All-time list includes accolades, so its Kobe. Talent and impact wise KG has a very good argument over Kobe, but it wasnt the question.

Not really.

I take "Team Accolades" with a grain of salt when judging individual players on my GOAT list.

I know many others who do the same.

Obviously if your comparing Team Accolades between the two Kobe will be better because he has had 10000000000x better players around him and supporting Casts.

But if the question is who was the better individual player and more valuable to a franchise over their careers the answer is certainly debatable.

And that should be how players are ranked.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:53 PM
That idiot thinks mostly everyone is above Kobe.

No I dont.

Kobe is in the 10-15 Range same as KG.

The Iron Fist

2 FMVPS>>>> none.

Haymaker
Fixed.

I know Duncan's place in history. His 4 rings without 2 superstars speak for themselves.

BGriffin's Dad
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM
what happened to the "Can we please ban 32Dayz" thread?

you know, the one that filled up 15 pages in a matter of minutes with overwhelming support?

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
What happened to that Angry Loser "BGriffin's Dad"?

Oh he's right here.

BTW other then you and maybe 1-2 other people no one supported the OP in that thread.

It was just you and the Angry Kobe Stans.

Bunch of losers jerking eachother off.

lmao!

Quickening
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
:blah

Thought you were leaving?

fakkit

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Thought you were leaving?

fakkit

Nah, decided to stay.

Got a few reps from the non Kobe Stans.

Must suck always be Angry D:.

BlackJoker23
12-18-2011, 05:03 PM
what happened to the "Can we please ban 32Dayz" thread?

you know, the one that filled up 15 pages in a matter of minutes with overwhelming support?
he sucked jeff off and took a load right up his ass

Hank
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
KG actually makes your team better.

Kobe hurts his team with his selfish play and shotjacking. You need the perfect blend of a team around Kobe to have a chance to win. Kobe is not the type of player to elevate his team to where they're better than they are. Garnett is.

Therefore I easily take Garnett way over Kobe if I had a choice to have one of them on my team if they came out now as rookies.

The Iron Fist
12-18-2011, 05:17 PM
KG actually makes your team better.

Kobe hurts his team with his selfish play and shotjacking. You need the perfect blend of a team around Kobe to have a chance to win. Kobe is not the type of player to elevate his team to where they're better than they are. Garnett is.

Therefore I easily take Garnett way over Kobe if I had a choice to have one of them on my team if they came out now as rookies.
06 & 07, most people had the Lakers as the 11th or 12th seed.

Both years, they made the playoffs, with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, Luke Walton and Chris Mihm as starters.

Don't try to rewrite history when there are people around who actually witnessed it.

DMAVS41
12-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Kobe.

We'll never know what KG was truly capable of in his prime because of his crap teams, but I doubt he would have ever impacted the game on the level that Kobe proved he could throughout his career.

Round Mound
12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Kobe the Better Scorer...other than that Garnett was Better At Everything Else...Defense, Rebounding, Creating, Passing, Man to Man Defense, Help Defense, Floor Defense etc

macpierce
12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Kobe the Better Scorer...other than that Garnett was Better At Everything Else...Defense, Rebounding, Creating, Passing, Man to Man Defense, Help Defense, Floor Defense etc

start banning the trolls now :facepalm

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 05:29 PM
06 & 07 Kobe had bad teams!

Lamar Odom alone is probably a better 2nd option then KG ever had in his Young and Prime years.

Pau Gasol >>>>>>>>>>> any player KG had before Boston.

http://lastheplace.com/images/article-images/1aLatest2008Writers/Latest%20for%20new%20server/MTV-Lamar-Odom.jpg

Lol @ this pathetic Stan actually trying to compare KG/Kobe's supporting Casts.

KG leading mostly Trash + an injured Cassell + Injured/Old Spreewell to the WCF + 6Games is 100x more impressive then getting smacked around like Kobe did in the 1st round when he wasn't on stacked teams.

TheJester21
12-18-2011, 05:41 PM
This isn't as obvious as people think... Kobe is definitely the more accomplished player. Does he have a bigger impact on his team as KG? After watching both of them in their prime, I don't even hesitate to disagree. KG has a better overall game than Kobe. Defensively, it's not close. The sad truth is though is that KG chose to rot in Minnesota with their terrible FO while Kobe had the best help (Prime Shaq, Gasol, etc.) besides his bad stretch in the 2005-2006 seasons. Therefore we will never know how successful KG would've been. We can talk hypothetical all day long but at the end of the day, KG just doesn't have the playoff success that Kobe has, even though his 2004 postseason was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen.

What if KG was drafted by the Spurs and Tim Duncan went to the T'wolves? Would we be having this same argument? Even though I highly value Duncan's interior rim defense as the key to those playoff successes, I don't doubt for a second that a player like KG would win about 4 rings with a organization such a Spurs.

But once again, this is all hypothetical. It would be a fools argument to say that KG will outrank Kobe when its all said and done. However, if I could take prime KG or prime Kobe on my team and than build around them... Prime KG. He has the better intangibles, the better leadership, and the defensive prowess that molds any playoff team into a championship team. Its a easy choice for me.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
This isn't as obvious as people think... Kobe is definitely the more accomplished player. Does he have a bigger impact on his team as KG? After watching both of them in their prime, I don't even hesitate to disagree. KG has a better overall game than Kobe. Defensively, it's not close. The sad truth is though is that KG chose to rot in Minnesota with their terrible FO while Kobe had the best help (Prime Shaq, Gasol, etc.) besides his bad stretch in the 2005-2006 seasons. Therefore we will never know how successful KG would've been. We can talk hypothetical all day long but at the end of the day, KG just doesn't have the playoff success that Kobe has, even though his 2004 postseason was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen.

What if KG was drafted by the Spurs and Tim Duncan went to the T'wolves? Would we be having this same argument? Even though I highly value Duncan's interior rim defense as the key to those playoff successes, I don't doubt for a second that a player like KG would win about 4 rings with a organization such a Spurs.

But once again, this is all hypothetical. It would be a fools argument to say that KG will outrank Kobe when its all said and done. However, if I could take prime KG or prime Kobe on my team and than build around them... Prime KG.

Good Post.

-Repped. :applause:

Doctor Rivers
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Good Post.

-Repped. :applause:

you are in the red.

acerlghp
12-18-2011, 05:48 PM
is this a joke?

this

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM

But once again, this is all hypothetical. It would be a fools argument to say that KG will outrank Kobe when its all said and done. However, if I could take prime KG or prime Kobe on my team and than build around them... Prime KG. He has the better intangibles, the better leadership, and the defensive prowess that molds any playoff team into a championship team. Its a easy choice for me.

Funny how y'all penalize Kobe for the FO getting help. While NOT penalizing everybody else for the FO NOT doing their job. That type of logic poisons everything else you guys say. NO REASONABLE NBA fan, regardless of team would even say something so asinine.:facepalm

Yung D-Will
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Is this a joke?

Kg belongs in the range of players like Malone,Barkley,Isiah,Dirk,Lebron ext not in the range of guys like Shaq,Kobe, Duncan and Hakeem.

Yes things might have been differnt if he was drafted to a team like the Spurs but hell things might have been differnt if Jordan was drafted to the Knicks... At the end of the day you don't judge players on what could have been but what was.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Is this a joke?

Kg belong in the range of players like Malone,Barkley,Isiah,Dirk,Lebron ext not in the range of guys like Shaq,Kobe, Duncan and Hakeem

Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem are in the 4-9 Range.

Kobe/KG are in the 10-15 Range.

They certainly do belong together.

acerlghp
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM

:oldlol:
This guy, this guy

Yung D-Will
12-18-2011, 06:01 PM

No.

There's a good gap between the guys like Kg and the guys I even consider in that top 10 RANGE . Guys like Oscar/Moses/West ext probally belong with Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem and Shaq. Guys like KG belong with the people they're usally placed with.

LJJ
12-18-2011, 06:02 PM
It's cute how some Kobe stans like to pretend that Bryant is actually in the same category of player as Duncan and O'Neal.

They've played in the same generation. Anyone with a brain who has watched these players play knows that Duncan and O'neal are on a different level of dominance. That's not a slight on Bryant, those two players were just that exceptional.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:02 PM
No.

There's a good gap between the guys like Kg and the guys I even consider in that top 10 RANGE . Guys like Oscar/Moses/West ext probally belong with Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem and Shaq. Guys like KG belong with the people they're usally placed with.

For me personally I think

West/Kobe/Oscar/KG are all in that 10-15 Range.

Moses also is probably somewhere around there.

Kobe is nowhere close to being in the Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem group.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Real Groupings are.

Group A :
Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt

Group B :
Magic, Bird, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell

Group C :
West, Kobe, KG, Oscar, Moses

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
It's cute how some Kobe stans like to pretend that Bryant is actually in the same category of player as Duncan and O'Neal.

They've played in the same generation. Anyone with a brain who has watched these players play knows that Duncan and O'neal are on a different level of dominance. That's not a slight on Bryant, those two players were just that exceptional.

It's pathetic how y'll TRY to call yourself REAL NBA fans, but STILL try to take away Kobe accomplishments, with even more pathetic excuses. Shaq NEVER dominated without a Penny, Kobe, or a Wade, so please stop with the OBVIOUS Kobe hate. Never been a Spurs fan, but I can give TD his due. TRYING to claim to be a REAL NBA fan while not wanting to give Kobe credit wreaks of bias, so just admit that and move on:facepalm

HBKMGa
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Real Groupings are.

Group A :
Jordan, Kareem, Wilt

Group B :
Magic, Bird, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell, Shaq

Group C :
West, Kobe, KG, Oscar, Moses

fixed that for you

don't thank me, you're welcome

LJJ
12-18-2011, 06:08 PM
It's pathetic how y'll TRY to call yourself REAL NBA fans, but STILL try to take away Kobe accomplishes with even more pathetic excuses. Shaq NEVER dominated with a Penny, Kobe, Or a Wade, so please stop with the OBVIOUS Kobe hate. Never been a Spurs fan, but I can give TD his due. TRYING to claim to be a REAL NBA fan while not wanting to give Kobe credit wreaks of bias, so just admit that and move on:facepalm

See the little tantrum some of these punks throw when you say Bryant was never as dominant as Shaq?

Pathetic.

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:10 PM
See the little tantrum some of these punks throw when you say Bryant was never as dominant as Shaq?

Pathetic.

Oh....it's like that?!

So...tell me one thing Shaq won WITHOUT a Kobe, or Wade?!

What's pathetic is you not being man enough to admit you hate Kobe,so you TRY to say you're a REAL NBA fan.:facepalm

Nice try:applause:

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Oh....it's like that?!

So...tell me one thing Shaq did without a Penny, Kobe, or Wade?!

Everytime you speak you embarrass yourself. :oldlol:

Young Shaq >>>>>>> Penny
Prime Shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe
Prime Wade > Grandpa Shaq (06)

-----------------------------------------

Playoff PER

A's (Main Star) :
Shaq (00-02) : 29
Jordan (91-93 + 96-98) : 28.53

B's (Side-Kicks) :
Kobe (00-02) : 21
Pippen (91-93 + 96-98) : 19.5

The difference is clear and obvious.

King24
12-18-2011, 06:13 PM
lol @ putting Duncan a level above Kobe in terms of dominance. I can understand saying that for Shaq. His prime was G.O.A.T level. But Duncan?

LMAO. This is the same dude who was outplayed by Bryant in several playoff series in his prime. 2001.2002.2004.2008.

Duncan sure as hell didn't come across as "significantly" more dominant in those series.

Duncan isn't on Shaq's level in terms of prime/peak. At all.

Quickening
12-18-2011, 06:15 PM

Young Shaq >>>>>>> Penny

Playoff PER

A's (Main Star) :

B's (Side-Kicks) :

Virgins have all the stats:banana:

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Shaq's performances dont count because he had a good player next to him?
Magic's performances dont count because he had Kareem next to him?
Kareem's performances dont count because he had Magic next to him?
Scottie and Jordan's performances dont count because they had eachother?

Young Shaq >>>>>>> Penny

Playoff PER

A's (Main Star) :

B's (Side-Kicks) :

Yeah...we know that everytime YOU speak YOU embarrass YOURSELF. Big surprise:rolleyes:

Holla back when you can tell me exactly what Shaq won WITHOUT a Kobe and a Wade

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:19 PM
#2.
Shaq : Post Season - PER
Peak : 31
Top 5 : 30
Top 7 : 29.56
Top 10 : 28.52 <----
Top 13 : 26.55
14th to 16th Season (Final 3 Seasons) - 18.33

---------------------------------------------

#4.
Duncan : Post Season - PER
Peak : 28.4
Top 5 : 26.96
Top 7 : 27.49
Top 10 : 26.67 <----
Top 13 : 25.4

#15.
Peak : 26.8 <----
Top 10 : 22.98
Top 13 : 21.62

LOL @ Thinking Kobe was half the player Shaq and Duncan were.

Kobe isn't even in the same galaxy.

Shaq's 10 best years in the playoffs are significantly better then Kobe's absolute Peak Playoff Season.

Duncan's 10 best years in the playoffs are only "ever so slightly" worse then Kobe's absolute Peak Playoff Season.

Duncan's 7 best years in the playoffs are significantly better then Kobe's absolute Peak Playoff Season.

And you idiots wonder why I think Kobe is so horribly overrated?

You Stans are pathetic.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

imdaman99
12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
32 dayz is a clear anti kobe troll :lol

He is the guy New_York_Knicks that was banned not too long ago. Kobe hater disguised as a Knicks fan :oldlol:

But lets go Knicks baby :bowdown: Shumpert for ROY :D

LakersReign
#2.
Top 10 : 28.52 <----
14th to 16th Season (Final 3 Seasons) - 18.33

#4.
Top 10 : 26.67 <----

#15.
Peak : 26.8 <----

LOL @ Thinking Kobe was half the player Shaq and Duncan were.

Kobe isn't even in the same galaxy.

Shaq's 10 best years in the playoffs are significantly better then Kobe's absolute Peak Playoff Season.

Duncan's 10 best years in the playoffs are only "ever so slightly" worse then Kobe's absolute Peak Playoff Season.

Duncan's 7 best years in the playoffs are significantly better then Kobe's absolute Peak Playoff Season.

And you idiots wonder why I think Kobe is so horribly overrated?

You Stans are pathetic.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Yes....you haters are pathetic since you CAN'T AND WON'T tell me what Shaq won WITHOUT a Kobe and Wade

Try again:no:

32Dayz
Holla back <--- :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: when you can tell me exactly what Kobe won WITHOUT a Shaq and a Gasol

OWNED.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:23 PM
32 dayz is a clear anti kobe troll :lol

He is the guy New_York_Knicks that was banned not too long ago. Kobe hater disguised as a Knicks fan :oldlol:

But lets go Knicks baby :bowdown: Shumpert for ROY :D

This is my first and only account bro.

Nah.. I actually like Kobe.

I just "hate" the pathetic Stans who overrate the s*** out of him.

Go Knicks!

Shumpert looking great so far. :cheers:

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:24 PM

OWNED.

You can tell when mentally re****** children^^^^ get heated:oldlol:

The only thing you "owned" here was YOURSELF(32dayz)....AGAIN....AS USUAL!! Which is exactly why you didn't even bother trying to answer the question:facepalm

Yung D-Will
12-18-2011, 06:25 PM
For me

Kobe is nowhere close to being in the Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem group.

K.

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Notice how he didn't even bother trying to answer the question?!:facepalm

Thats because your question is retarded.

97+% of Ring Winners have a good player beside them.

Shaq had Kobe/Wade
Kobe had Prime Shaq/Gasol
KG had Pierce/Allen/Rondo
Duncan had Parker/Gino + DRob
Jordan had Pippen and then Rodman/Pippen

Shaq was the best player on his teams for 13/14 Years and in 3/4 Title Teams.
Duncan was the best player on his teams for 13/13 and in 4/4 Title Teams.
Kobe was the best player on his teams for 7/14 Years and in 1/5 Title teams.

Shaq and Duncan performed at a much higher level in the playoffs and gave their teams much better production/impact.

This is evident when comparing their Production through PER or even just using simple basic numbers/metrics.

OWNED fgt.

If you wanna go by the Rings argument then.

Horry > Kobe
Fisher = Kobe

Oh and what did Kobe ever win without Fisher?
Nothing
Fisher > Kobe
hahaha

Deuce Bigalow
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM
32dayz, we already know your ****ing opinion
You dont have to post it everyday multiple times, goddamn how sad are you

Yung D-Will
12-18-2011, 06:37 PM

He suffers from Euroleauge syndrome. He post his opinion on Kobe almost as many times as Euroleauge post his opinion on Rubio. I don't get why people talk so much about certain players. Just look at Pauk with Lebron for example. It's not just haters its homers to

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:38 PM

http://www.tohfay.com/images/Johnsons_shampoo.jpg

Deuce Bigalow
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
32dayz, opinions are like assholes, everyone has them
your opinion is not important to anyone here, no one likes you, no one wants you here

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
He suffers from Euroleauge syndrome. He post his opinion on Kobe almost as many times as Euroleauge post his opinion on Rubio. I don't get why people talk so much about certain players. Just look at Pauk with Lebron for example. It's not just haters its homers to

I am not supposed to be able to share my opinion about Kobe in a thread with his name in it?

Someone has to throw in some truth in logic in this sea of bullsh**.

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Thats because your question is retarded.

97+% of Ring Winners have a good player beside them.

Shaq had Kobe/Wade
Kobe had Prime Shaq/Gasol
KG had Pierce/Allen/Rondo
Duncan had Parker/Gino + DRob
Jordan had Pippen and then Rodman/Pippen

Shaq was the best player on his teams for 13/14 Years and in 3/4 Title Teams.
Duncan was the best player on his teams for 13/13 and in 4/4 Title Teams.
Kobe was the best player on his teams for 7/14 Years and in 1/5 Title teams.

Shaq and Duncan performed at a much higher level in the playoffs and gave their teams much better production/impact.

This is evident when comparing their Production through PER or even just using simple basic numbers/metrics.

OWNED fgt.

If you wanna go by the Rings argument then.

Horry > Kobe
Fisher = Kobe

Oh and what did Kobe ever win without Fisher?
Nothing
Fisher > Kobe
hahaha

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

AND....THE thing Shaq won WITHOUT a Kobe and a Wade was........?!

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

AND....THE thing Kobe won WITHOUT a Prime Shaq and a Gasol was........?!

Absolutely nothing. :applause:

Owned Again :lol

HBKMGa
12-18-2011, 06:42 PM

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/obvious-troll.jpg

i agree

Yung D-Will
12-18-2011, 06:43 PM
I am not supposed to be able to share my opinion about Kobe in a thread with his name in it?

You really don't read my post well.

What you and Euroleage will do to a Rubio/Kobe thread is practiclly the same.

Look at it yesterday during the Bucks/T-Wolves game thread Euroleauge posted in that thread every other third post or so talking about how he's overhyped and how people are gonna be dissapointed even when people already accepted his opinion he kept on restating it to try and overpower other peoples opinions and what not.

This is exactly how you do it in threads involving Kobe.

LakersReign
Absolutely nothing. :applause:

Owned Again :lol

Yes....YOURSELF(32dayz)....AGAIN....AS USUAL!!! Which is exactly why YOU'RE the one with yet another one of YOUR famous temper tantrums, for as you just said, no real reason at all:lol

32Dayz
i agree

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web03/2011/2/18/15/u-mad-11518-1298062748-1.jpg

Wonder who's ALT account you belong to. :lol

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:44 PM

Kobe is such a massive douchebag.

Smush Parker >>> Kobrick

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242949

The "truth and logic" he was talking about^^^^:facepalm

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:46 PM
lol yea.. cause it was soooo obvious I was being serious when I said that.

Smush Parker >>>>>>>> Kobe.

:hammerhead:

Owned. :lol

Lol this kid go's around searching for posts by me all day. He is my little staulker. :lol :lol

No Life :facepalm

Deuce Bigalow
12-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Everyone should neg and report 32dayz's posts, maybe then Jeff will ban him :D

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Everyone should neg and report 32dayz's posts, maybe then Jeff will ban him :D

No one likes or respects you here fakkit.
You have no friends here or IRL. :lol

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:49 PM
lol yea.. cause it was soooo obvious I was being serious when I said that.

Smush Parker >>>>>>>> Kobe.

:hammerhead:

Owned. :lol

Lol this kid go's around searching for posts by me all day. He is my little staulker. :lol :lol

No Life :facepalm

YES....YOURSELF(32dayz)....AGAIN....AS USUAL!!!! Which is exactly why YOU'RE the dumb*** who called that post "truth and logic" about Kobe:roll:

Deuce Bigalow
No one likes or respects me.
I have no friends here or IRL.

feel bad for you man

32Dayz
:rant

LoL making a fool of yourself as usual.

Btw did you know the sky is purple?

Go ahead and quote me on that you can bring it up later and pretend that I meant it.

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
LoL making a fool of yourself as usual.

Btw did you know the sky is purple?

Go ahead and quote me on that you can bring it up later and pretend that I meant it.

So....I'm supposed to be mad that YOU BRAGGED about coming on here to piss off Kobe fans, and said some asinine hot garbage like Smush Parker>Kobe, embarrassing yourself. So....now you're gonna try and play it off like you were joking?!:wtf:

If you actually had a life outside of the internet, you wouldn't say asinine hot garbage like Smush Parker> Kobe to piss yourself off. nor would you say asinine hot garbage like the sky is purple:facepalm

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:53 PM
So....I'm supposed to be mad that YOU'RE quoting posts that DO NOT EXIST cuza YOU'RE really desperate to have something to say?!:wtf:

I can tell your angry because you keep responding the second after I do and your hammering the refresh button every 10 seconds.
Anyway it was fun making a fool out of you as usual.
Go google your boyfriend Lebron
Peace out bro. :cheers:

sh0wtime
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Unless you somehow comprehend that only defensive player of the year trophies illustrate a players greatness, then i dont see how Kevin Garnett could be ranked higher by anybody, considering Kobe Bryant has plethora of everything else.

But comparing them as players, contestants, competitors, athletes and comparing their talents, skills makes more sense.

Deuce Bigalow
12-18-2011, 06:55 PM
I can tell your angry because you keep responding the second after I do and your hammering the refresh button every 10 seconds.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
12-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Kobe fans crack me up. They prefer not to debate but instead to ridicule opinions they don't agree with.

They know that in an actual comparison Kobe Bryant has very little to no case over Kevin Garnett as the more impactful player.

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM

So....I'm supposedly angry and that's why YOU'RE the one throwing yet another one of YOUR famous temper tantrums, which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ME?!:wtf:

Yeah...I'd haul a** too after saying some re****** sh*t like that:roll:

Oh, and by the way, that peace out crap means you're haulin' a** from this thread to save face after embarrassing yourself. We already know you're not going anywhere but to another thread cuz you got your a** kicked in this one. Stop embarrassing yourself:facepalm

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Kobe fans crack me up. They prefer not to debate but instead to ridicule opinions they don't agree with.

They know that in an actual comparison Kobe Bryant has no case over Kevin Garnett as the more impactful player.

Kobe "Stans" like Bigeloser and LAbottomyreigns whatever are the lowest of the scum on this forum and lack any form of intelligence.

You'd have to be an idiot to take anything they say seriously.

Normal Kobe Fans are normal BBall fans who are cool and good to talk to.
This forum is overrun by Stans but here and then you meet a normal Kobe Fan.

Vertical-24 is a Kobe Fan I met today and he is cool to talk to.
Although we disagree on the KG/Kobe comparison he doesn't act like a brainless retard when we debate it.

Yung D-Will
12-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Stat whores, D-Rose stans, Kobe stans, Lebron stans

Pretty much ranked in how often they piss me off

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 07:01 PM
D-Rose stans

Those are pretty rare though.

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 07:02 PM

They know that in an actual comparison Kobe Bryant has very little to no case over Kevin Garnett as the more impactful player.

Then they claim to be REAL NBA fans:facepalm

BlackJoker23
12-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Shaq"Stans" like 32gayz whatever are the lowest of the scum on this forum and lack any form of intelligence.

wow takes a lot of courage admitting this. props for admitting you're a self-loating queer

LakersReign
Kobe "Stans" like Bigeloser and LAbottomyreigns whatever are the lowest of the scum on this forum and lack any form of intelligence.

Normal Kobe Fans are normal BBall fans who are cool and good to talk to.
This forum is overrun by Stans but here and then you meet a normal Kobe Fan.

Vertical-24 is a Kobe Fan I met today and he is cool to talk to.
Although we disagree on the KG/Kobe comparison he doesn't act like a brainless retard when we debate it.

This from the same clown who says Smush Parker> Kobe, and has the gall to try and call that "truth and logic"?! This form the same clown who BRAGS about coming on here to piss off Kobe fans, but since it backfired wants to cry like a little girl now?!:roll: :lol :oldlol: :roll:

Notice how he's STILL throwing a temper tantrum, for no real reason, and also notice how he said "peace out" in his previous post AND IS STILL HERE?!:facepalm

Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself:facepalm

HBKMGa
:cry:
Wonder who's ALT account you belong to. :lol

maybe i am you?

:eek:

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 07:06 PM
maybe i am you?

:eek:

That'd be freaky. :eek:

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 07:15 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/9fw7wo.jpg

Credit to : RRR

LakersReign
12-18-2011, 07:19 PM

Credit to : RRR

AGAIN....you can tell when mentally re****** children^^^^ get heated:roll: :lol

Notice how he said he was leaving, but STILL hasn't left yet?!:facepalm

Odinn
12-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I like Kobe.. but the more I seriously compare him and Garnett the more I think KG may belong ahead of him on the GOAT list.

I like Kobe..

I like Kobe..

I like Kobe..

I like Kobe..

I like Kobe..

I like Kobe..

I like Kobe..

32Dayz
12-18-2011, 07:27 PM

Like may not be a strong enough word...

HBKMGa
12-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Like may not be a strong enough word...

nope you slurp dee durp him

HBKMGa
12-18-2011, 08:54 PM
That'd be freaky. :eek:

"Your an idiot 32Dayz"

rmt
12-18-2011, 09:55 PM
lol @ putting Duncan a level above Kobe in terms of dominance. I can understand saying that for Shaq. His prime was G.O.A.T level. But Duncan?

LMAO. This is the same dude who was outplayed by Bryant in several playoff series in his prime. 2001.2002.2004.2008.

Duncan sure as hell didn't come across as "significantly" more dominant in those series.

Duncan isn't on Shaq's level in terms of prime/peak. At all.

It doesn't follow that just because Duncan isn't on Shaq's level in terms of prime/peak that Duncan isn't above Kobe. Using a few playoff series as proof that Kobe was more dominant is faulty especially since most of the focus in those series was on trying to contain said GOAT-level Shaq. Instead using stats for 13 years of playoffs is a more telling tale:

#2.
Top 10 : 28.52

#4.
Top 10 : 26.67

#15.
Peak : 26.8

Duncan's top 13 is not that much off Shaq's (+1) considering Shaq's top 13 includes his insane peak of 31. All of TD's PERs whether peak, top 5, 7, 10, 13 are higher than Kobe's.

And 2003 Duncan > any Kobe.

pauk
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
KG > Kobe as a player

Kobe > KG as in career

Heavincent
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
KG > Kobe as a player

Kobe > KG as in career

lol

Vertical-24
12-18-2011, 10:21 PM
KG is actually better than Jordan. Defense > Offense. Jordan was a great defender but KG was the Phenomenonzz. Do you know how many rings the Bulls would've had with KG?

KG >>> Jordan, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Wilt etc.

KG = The King of duh Basketballz

KBryant24
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
kobe

TDPrime2030
12-18-2011, 11:44 PM
KG > Kobe as a player

Kobe > KG as in career
Kobe over KG as a player brah.