PDA

View Full Version : I think I know what the Lakers are doing!

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 07:08 PM
When news came out today that Baron Davis is signing with the Knicks I was pissed the Lakers missed another shot at a decent PG. I wondered what was Mitch doing and what are these "big deals" the Lakers are pursuing. But I thought about the news that Gasol is in talks to be traded to Minny and the on going talk of Bynum to the Magic. I think Mitch will make his moves but 5 games into the season (January 1st) after Bynum serves his 5 game supension. For some reason the Timberwolves really want Gasol to play along side his fellow Spinard Rubio & Derrick Williams. Howard has obviously told the Magic he wants to be traded to supposedly the Nets or the Lakers. So it will look like this

Timberwolves get Gasol.

Lakers get Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, and either Luke Ridnour or Brad Miller or Anthony Tolliver or Darko.

Magic get Bynum and rights to some of rookies + picks + and maybe other throw ins like Blake/Troy Murphay/McRoberts/Caracter
Lakers get Howard & maybe Nelson (Odoms Trade Exception covers this)

Lakers would look like

Fisher/Nelson or Ridnour
Bryant/Kaponno
Artest/Barnes/Ebanks
Love/Beasley
Howard/Darko or Miller

Which would be HUGE. We would have lost 6th man of the year (Odom), All star PF (Gasol), and a rising center. But gained all-star Center (Howard), all-star PF (Love), and rising PF (Beasley). We get much younger and could also potentially shed about 15 million with this trade over the next 2yrs.

I dont know about you but Love,Howard,Beasley > Odom,Gasol,Bynum

Fatal9
12-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Timberwolves wouldn't trade Love for Gasol straight up, much less with all those other guys added in. Stopped reading after that.

Vienceslav
12-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Not sure if the Wolves would do Gasol for Love even straight up let alone with all those additional players.

fiddy
12-18-2011, 07:11 PM
people need to get off lakers' dick

every 3 thread there is a thread about the lakers or kobe

Rnbizzle
12-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Timberwolves wouldn't trade Love for Gasol straight up, much less with all those other guys added in. Stopped reading after that.
Exactly

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 07:19 PM

I agree there would be additional picks and maybe some other throw ins. But don't act like they would consider Love for Gasol. There have been repeated talks between the two teams and they already have a young Johnson/Williams. Gasol would be great for this young inexperienced team. And Gasol and Rubio can play together which would be a big plus for them. Love contract expires next year as well.

longtime lurker
12-18-2011, 07:31 PM
One that team is horrible, and two the Timberwolves aren't trading Kevin love for Gasol

DuMa
12-18-2011, 07:37 PM
i think i like hawkfan's trade threads better.

Lebron23
12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
The Wolves won't trade Kevin Love. He's the best player on their team.

Lucifer
12-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah i was thinking the exact same thing

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 07:46 PM
The Wolves won't trade Kevin Love. He's the best player on their team.

If they trade for Gasol he automaticly becomes their best player. You guys are really under-rating Gasol here. He would bring an immediate post threat, size, experience, and leadership. The people really taking a chance on this deal would be the Lakers.

Lebron23
12-18-2011, 07:48 PM
If they trade for Gasol he automaticly becomes their best player. You guys are really under-rating Gasol here. He would bring an immediate post threat, size, experience, and leadership. The people really taking a chance on this deal would be the Lakers.

Gasol is already 31 yrs.old.

DStebb716
12-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Sorry, you don't

Gundress
12-18-2011, 07:50 PM
:oldlol: T-Wolves wouldn't trade Love for Gasol.

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Gasol is already 31 yrs.old.

Yeah and they have an extremely young core. This team with Gasol would be a playoff team and a team that would just get better with time. Rubio/Johnson/Willams are great young players add a big man like Gasol to that they are a 4th/5th in the West.

Bosnian Sajo
12-18-2011, 08:03 PM
There are rumors of Williams/Love for Gasol, and if that were to get done the lakers would then probably trade Bynum/Williams/TE for Howard/either Hedo or Nelson, probably Hedo.

Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Barnes
Hedo/Artest
Love/McRoberts
Howard/Murphy

Not bad at all, only reason I am somewhat hopeful of this trade is because Kahn is an idiot as we all know.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
They won't trade Love. One can only wish for Love.

ConanRulesNBC
12-18-2011, 08:12 PM
When news came out today that Baron Davis is signing with the Knicks I was pissed the Lakers missed another shot at a decent PG. I wondered what was Mitch doing and what are these "big deals" the Lakers are pursuing. But I thought about the news that Gasol is in talks to be traded to Minny and the on going talk of Bynum to the Magic. I think Mitch will make his moves but 5 games into the season (January 1st) after Bynum serves his 5 game supension. For some reason the Timberwolves really want Gasol to play along side his fellow Spinard Rubio & Derrick Williams. Howard has obviously told the Magic he wants to be traded to supposedly the Nets or the Lakers. So it will look like this

Timberwolves get Gasol.

Lakers get Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, and either Luke Ridnour or Brad Miller or Anthony Tolliver or Darko.

Magic get Bynum and rights to some of rookies + picks + and maybe other throw ins like Blake/Troy Murphay/McRoberts/Caracter

Lakers would look like

Fisher/Nelson or Ridnour
Bryant/Kaponno
Artest/Barnes/Ebanks
Love/Beasley
Howard/Darko or Miller

Which would be HUGE. We would have lost 6th man of the year (Odom), All star PF (Gasol), and a rising center. But gained all-star Center (Howard), all-star PF (Love), and rising PF (Beasley). We get much younger and could also potentially shed about 15 million with this trade over the next 2yrs.

:roll:

Yeah, sorry but like what has been said here I don't think the Wolves would even trade Love straight up for Gasol. I don't even think they'd give up Love for Gasol & Bynum. The guy just had a 32 point 32 rebound game last season.

This just really makes me LMAO. So not only would the Wolves give up Love but they would give up Beasley too? Then the Lakers are going to get Dwight Howard? :roll:

Pushxx
12-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Beasley is a natural SF not PF.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah i was thinking the exact same thing
:oldlol:

ConanRulesNBC
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Beasley is a natural SF not PF.

LOL. Yeah, I just noticed he has Beasley coming off the bench for Love. Beasley would absolutely start over World Peace at SF if that happened.

Here's my Bulls trade:

Heat get: Omer Asik

Bulls get: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and Joel Anthony.

Then the Bulls trade Noah/draft pick to the Magic for Dwight Howard.

Heat finally get a real Center.

Bulls:

C: Dwight Howard/Anthony
PF: Boozer/Taj Gibson
SF: Luol Deng/LeBron James
SG: Dywane Wade/Rip Hamilton
PG: Derrick Rose/CJ Watson

DrunkenDave
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
LOL. Yeah, I just noticed he has Beasley coming off the bench for Love. Beasley would absolutely start over World Peace at SF if that happened.

Here's my Bulls trade:

Heat get: Omer Asik

Bulls get: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and Joel Anthony.

Then the Bulls trade Noah/draft pick to the Magic for Dwight Howard.

Heat finally get a real Center.

Bulls:

C: Dwight Howard/Anthony
PF: Boozer/Taj Gibson
SF: Luol Deng/LeBron James
SG: Dywane Wade/Rip Hamilton
PG: Derrick Rose/CJ Watson

nice starting 5, i like Bron with the spark of the bench. they would need a better PF though. maybe boozer for griffin + bledsoe + 2nd round pick.

ConanRulesNBC
12-18-2011, 08:36 PM
nice starting 5, i like Bron with the spark of the bench. they would need a better PF though. maybe boozer for griffin + bledsoe + 2nd round pick.

Oh yeah. Plus, the Nets are obviously going to lose Deron Williams so they may as well trade him to the Bulls for CJ Watson. Also, Gasol wants out of LA so the Bulls could forget getting Anthony in return and go after Gasol instead and send a 2nd round pick.

Bulls would look like:

Dwight Howard/Pau Gasol
Blake Griffin/Taj Gibson
Luol Deng/LeBron James
Dwyane Wade/Rip Hamilton
Rose/Williams/Bledsoe

JohnnyWall
12-18-2011, 08:43 PM
lol @ anyone who believes Love is better than Pau Gasol.

Kevin "Whitebread" Love isn't even better than Blake Griffin.

ConanRulesNBC
12-18-2011, 08:45 PM
lol @ anyone who believes Love is better than Pau Gasol.

Kevin "Whitebread" Love isn't even better than Blake Griffin.

Are you retarded?

Griffin > Love >>> Gasol.

ballsohard247
12-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh yeah. Plus, the Nets are obviously going to lose Deron Williams so they may as well trade him to the Bulls for CJ Watson. Also, Gasol wants out of LA so the Bulls could forget getting Anthony in return and go after Gasol instead and send a 2nd round pick.

Bulls would look like:

Dwight Howard/Pau Gasol
Blake Griffin/Taj Gibson
Luol Deng/LeBron James
Dwyane Wade/Rip Hamilton
Rose/Williams/Bledsoe
If you are going to dream....dream big.:lol

JohnnyWall
12-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Are you retarded?

Griffin > Love >>> Gasol.

:facepalm

nathanjizzle
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
yea there not trading love for pau...i dont think they would even trade love for kobe

AMISTILLILL
12-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Why even make threads like this? You got lucky with Kwame for Pau... you're not getting that lucky again.

All of these trade threads always have this unspoken idea that other teams want to just gift wrap talent to the Lakers for some reason. The trades ALWAYS heavily favor LA.

ConanRulesNBC
12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
:facepalm

It's true. Gasol has about 2 or 3 good seasons left. When has Gasol ever had a 32/32 game or 30/30 game or whatever it was? Then you talk about Griffin like he's some scrub player.

stallionaire
12-18-2011, 08:54 PM

Timberwolves get Gasol.

Lakers would look like

Fisher/Nelson or Ridnour
Bryant/Kaponno
Artest/Barnes/Ebanks
Love/Beasley
Howard/Darko or Miller

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Wolves don't want Gasol, despite all the things you hear about Kahn's interest in a 'Spanish connection'. HAHAHA.

stallionaire
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
If the Wolves traded any of our players for a member of the Lakers that resulted in us losing Love.. I would go ape shit.

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Gasol is better tha Love and the only reason this trade would work out for the Lakers is because Howard would also be coming. Gasol is a better offensive player with more moves, he can play both PF/C, he can score at will against most of his competition. Don't let one good season & one bad playoff run make you think otherwise.

Mrofir
12-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Gasol is better tha Love and the only reason this trade would work out for the Lakers is because Howard would also be coming. Gasol is a better offensive player with more moves, he can play both PF/C, he can score at will against most of his competition. Don't let one good season & one bad playoff run make you think otherwise.

I think otherwise

LA_Showtime
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
This is a stupid thread, but I don't know why everyone thinks Kevin Love is untouchable. Last summer they traded for Michael Beasley, and most recently they drafted Williams.

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 10:39 PM
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/06/lakers-trade-pau-gasol-minnesota-timberwolves.html

AMISTILLILL
12-18-2011, 11:30 PM
LOL @ the feedback I just got on my neg. :lol

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Ric Bucher said LA is in talks with Minny to send Gasol.

KOBEtherealKing
12-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Might happen, we'll just wait and see.

outbreak
12-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Pau to minny?
How about a 3 way with Orlando

Lakers get Howard and Turk
Minny get Pau
Orlando get Bynum, beasly and love

zac
12-18-2011, 11:41 PM
This is exactly what I just did. :facepalm

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Pau to minny?
How about a 3 way with Orlando

Lakers get Howard and Turk
Minny get Pau
Orlando get Bynum, beasly and love

Naw Lakers aren't trading Bynum & Gasol for Howard.

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 11:47 PM
This is exactly what I just did. :facepalm

Which part of there have already been talks between these two don't y'all understand. Lakers almost traded Gasol for Love & the 2nd draft pick over the summer. Y'all just hate the Lakers so much you can't think logically.

Myth
12-18-2011, 11:48 PM
OP is on troll mode.

Wonder Bread Kid
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
I really ****ing hate Lakers fans.

outbreak
12-18-2011, 11:53 PM
I really ****ing hate Lakers fans.

This. So many i've seen saying they won't trade gasol and bynum for howard, and in a bynum for howard and turk trade they say they won't take on turks contract. You can't pick and choose exactly who you want. A GM makes trades to try to improve their franchise not cripple it for the lakers benefits.

WeGetRing2012
12-18-2011, 11:58 PM
This. So many i've seen saying they won't trade gasol and bynum for howard, and in a bynum for howard and turk trade they say they won't take on turks contract. You can't pick and choose exactly who you want. A GM makes trades to try to improve their franchise not cripple it for the lakers benefits.

No one is picking & choosing. No I don't think our front office is gonna trade Bynum & Gasol for Howard. Bynum/Howard & Love/Gasol are two different trades though. And for Turks contract I dont think any team in the league can take it on the Lakers can take on Nelson though.

JohnnyWall
12-18-2011, 11:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WQY44.png

ballup
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM
There should be a compilation thread, in which posters like OP can post really bad trade ideas for the rest of us to laugh at.

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 12:03 AM
There should be a compilation thread, in which posters like OP can post really bad trade ideas for the rest of us to laugh at.

Its not really a trade idea. Real GM's are already talking about moving Bynum for Howard & Gasol for Love. So laugh at them if you want...

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 12:25 AM
do laker fans just assume every trade they make up is fair?

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 12:29 AM

Its not a made up trade. Howard for Bynum has already been talked about. And Gasol for Love as been too.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan

the Lakers are NOT trading Bynum + Gasol for fcuking D12....if that was the case it would have happened by now

RazorBaLade

what fan honestly doesnt want to make trades that improve their team?

i mean you might be so desensitized to losing but thats not our fault, i know itmight be crazy but the lakers and their fans actually want to be contending for an nba championship every year. thats why we try to make big moves.

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 12:30 AM
the Lakers are NOT trading Bynum + Gasol for fcuking D12....if that was the case it would have happened by now

Exactly do you guys not remember over the summer when the Lakers almost traded Gasol for Love & the 2nd round draft pick.

outbreak
12-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Exactly do you guys not remember over the summer when the Lakers almost traded Gasol for Love & the 2nd round draft pick.
Didn't minnesota say no to love being included?

BGriffin's Dad

i'd trade them for dwight + beasley if i were the lakers FO

RazorBaLade
id really prefer the lakers do absolutely nothing besides use their trade exception to sign a mediocre point guard. pau is > love

zac
12-19-2011, 12:35 AM
It is the Timberwolves but there is no way they will trade for a PF who the Lakers want to get rid of, who is in his 30s, is known to be soft and makes a ton of money when they have a super young guy who puts up better numbers, is more athletic/young, has room to grow and has a contract 1/4 the size.

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Didn't minnesota say no to love being included?

Who knows why the deal didnt happen. Lakers may have pulled out too. But talks are supposedly happening again.

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 12:43 AM
id really prefer the lakers do absolutely nothing besides use their trade exception to sign a mediocre point guard. pau is > love

No we need to make some moves. Pau is better than Love but Love&Howard>Bynum&Gasol

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 12:49 AM
what fan honestly doesnt want to make trades that improve their team?

i mean you might be so desensitized to losing but thats not our fault, i know itmight be crazy but the lakers and their fans actually want to be contending for an nba championship every year. thats why we try to make big moves.

desensitized to losing? wtf? :oldlol: i cant remember the last time we missed the playoffs.

back to the topic on hand, do all laker fans just think every trade is fair as long as they like it? if its fair to them, then it should happen!

of course you want to win and have great trades but that doesnt justify making up horrible trades and actually thinking their are fair. i want the nuggets to win so therefore we should trade lawson and mozgov for howard? homerism doesnt justify stupidity.

nice try though.

PejaNowitzki
12-19-2011, 12:51 AM

So what you're telling me is that the Lakers would trade Gasol+Bynum+garbage and get back Howard, Love and Beasley in
return?

Let me ask you this. How ****ing retarded are you?

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/7/75057/1709245-never_go_full_retard_super.jpg

Absolutely no way that Orlando trades Howard for anything less than Bynum+Gasol as they've said, and no way in hell that Minnesota trades Love for Gasol straight-up. Love is younger, more athletic, has a better contract and is a much better rebounder. You are out of your ****ing mind if you think your trade fantasy has any basis in reality.

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 12:52 AM
:oldlol:

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 12:55 AM
there Are Already Talks Of Gasol For Love & Bynum For Howard Between Real Gm's. This Is Not A Trade Idea You Retards.

Pushxx
12-19-2011, 12:57 AM

Why would the Timberwolves do this? I don't get it.

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 12:57 AM
there Are Already Talks Of Gasol For Love & Bynum For Howard Between Real Gm's. This Is Not A Trade Idea You Retards.

what?

outbreak
12-19-2011, 12:59 AM

And Orlando turned down that trade last week or the week before and have no said they aren't moving him this off season anyway. just because there is rumors Lakers want that does not mean it's going to happen or it's even remotely close to happening.

PejaNowitzki
12-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Why would the Timberwolves do this? I don't get it.

Your problem is that you're not making the assumption that other teams are dying to give away young guys with great potential and affordable contracts for Lakers players who are close to being over-the-hill or are reliably injury-prone.

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 01:02 AM
And Orlando turned down that trade last week or the week before and have no said they aren't moving him this off season anyway. just because there is rumors Lakers want that does not mean it's going to happen or it's even remotely close to happening.

You don't know what Orlando did or what they plan to do. The fact that there have been proven talks not just rumors about these deals shows that there is a possibility that they can happen and not as far fetched as most of you believe.

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Your problem is that you're not making the assumption that other teams are dying to give away young guys with great potential and affordable contracts for Lakers players who are close to being over-the-hill or are reliably injury-prone.

dont you konw that EVERY player wants to play for the lakers and every GM is willing to trade star players to the lakers. its a new rule.

PejaNowitzki
12-19-2011, 01:04 AM
You don't know what Orlando did or what they plan to do. The fact that there have been proven talks not just rumors about these deals shows that there is a possibility that they can happen and not as far fetched as most of you believe.

Dude, STFU, Orlando has said they want Bynum+Gasol in any deal...and that is just to start. Why they would take broke-down, injury prone Bynum plus trash for the league's best center boggles the mind of anyone who isn't a habitual glue-sniffer or Lakers homer.

outbreak
12-19-2011, 01:07 AM

god damn your thick. Now your saying the rumors you hear are close to happening but the statements from Otis about Howard not being moved at the moment aren't real? And the tweets from numerous journos at the time that Orlando turned down the deal unless Gasol was included aren't real? Did Chris Paul really goto the Clip's instead of Lakers or was that bullshit too? Therels alot of crap rumurs and yes talks did likely happen and Bynum was likely offered for Howard, saying that the deal is close is completely retarded though with all the other reports since then. How can you not see that?

lebob23
12-19-2011, 01:10 AM
your a fvcking moron plain and simple

PejaNowitzki
12-19-2011, 01:10 AM
god damn your thick. Now your saying the rumors you hear are close to happening but the statements from Otis about Howard not being moved at the moment aren't real? And the tweets from numerous journos at the time that Orlando turned down the deal unless Gasol was included aren't real? Did Chris Paul really goto the Clip's instead of Lakers or was that bullshit too? Therels alot of crap rumurs and yes talks did likely happen and Bynum was likely offered for Howard, saying that the deal is close is completely retarded though with all the other reports since then. How can you not see that?

That's what these retards don't understand. Just because the Lakers called up the Magic and said "hey, we'll trade you Bynum for Howard" doesn't mean that the Magic didn't laugh and hang up, although technically they had a "discussion." Basically if the Lakers want either Howard or Love, they're going to have give up a lot more than just Bynum or Gasol. Especially for Love. Minnesota is under no inclination to trade him and he's a cornerstone of their franchise. Why trade a young player for a guy who's on the verge of becoming Tom Gugliotta. Doesn't make sense, right?

Minnesota has been steadily building up their team, disrupting that isn't a good idea for them, especially if all they're getting is Gasol, who isn't worth Love. BRB trading 20 points and 15 rebounds a game for a guy who averages under 10 rebounds a game for his career.

boozehound
12-19-2011, 01:13 AM

Timberwolves get Gasol.

Lakers would look like

Fisher/Nelson or Ridnour
Bryant/Kaponno
Artest/Barnes/Ebanks
Love/Beasley
Howard/Darko or Miller

OP is pretty damn dumb. also, you cannot combine TE with players.

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 01:15 AM
god damn your thick. Now your saying the rumors you hear are close to happening but the statements from Otis about Howard not being moved at the moment aren't real? And the tweets from numerous journos at the time that Orlando turned down the deal unless Gasol was included aren't real? Did Chris Paul really goto the Clip's instead of LA or was that bullshit too? Therels alot of crap rumurs and yes talks did likely happen and Bynum was likely offered for Howard, saying that the deal is close is completely retarded though with all the other reports since then. How can you not see that?

"There's no back and forth," Howard said. "It still stands and we know what's going on. I talked to Otis today. What we talked about is gonna stay between me and him."

And you better hope like hell that your GM inst gonna let him walk for nothing. Mitch isnt stupid and would give a fair offer but who knows what he's gonna add with Bynum. And no my personal belief is that he isnt gonna offer Gasol & Bynum for Howard if he was he would done it already.

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 01:16 AM
"There's no back and forth," Howard said. "It still stands and we know what's going on. I talked to Otis today. What we talked about is gonna stay between me and him."

And you better hope like hell that your GM inst gonna let him walk for nothing. Mitch isnt stupid and would give a fair offer but who knows what he's gonna add with Bynum. And no my personal belief is that he isnt gonna offer Gasol & Bynum for Howard if he was he would done it already.

what is "fair" to the lakers?

PejaNowitzki
12-19-2011, 01:17 AM

Kevin Love for Blake and Caracter

Deron Williams for Derek Fisher and 2 2nd round picks.

Howard for 40 games a season of Bynum and a bag of Frito's.

:lol :lol :lol

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 01:19 AM

WHO THE F**K KNOWS???????? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: Im not the GM and neither are you. But obviously Gasol & Bynum are too much because the deal has yet to be made.

outbreak

Sorry what the hell is that quote to do with? We all know Howard's still asked for a trade? We're talking about how Orlando have said they are in no rush to trade him and told him to stay pat until they work something out. There's NO sources about a deal being close like you claim.

bmulls
Stages of grief:

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/businessmanagement/images/06499c.gif

Lakers fans are still in the denial stage. After it becomes obvious they aren't getting Howard or Love or anybody in ridiculously lopsided trades, they will move to the anger stage and blame Mitch Kupchak. They will be depressed for a while and act like little kids because they've never had to support a team that wasn't a contender. Most of them are only fans of basketball because their city has always had a winning team. Eventually they will become Heat/Clipper fans as they move towards acceptance.

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 01:20 AM
WHO THE F**K KNOWS???????? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: Im not the GM and neither are you. But obviously Gasol & Bynum are too much because the deal has yet to be made.

obviously thats why the trade wasnt made. :oldlol:

classic laker-centric view.

RazorBaLade
12-19-2011, 01:23 AM
desensitized to losing? wtf? :oldlol: i cant remember the last time we missed the playoffs.

back to the topic on hand, do all laker fans just think every trade is fair as long as they like it? if its fair to them, then it should happen!

of course you want to win and have great trades but that doesnt justify making up horrible trades and actually thinking their are fair. i want the nuggets to win so therefore we should trade lawson and mozgov for howard? homerism doesnt justify stupidity.

nice try though.

lakers make moves to win championships.. u dont win championships.. that was my point, not just making the playoffs.

anyways, i cant speak for everyone, but my trades try to be as fair as I can make them. here are the trades ive wanted to do:

-bynum and gasol for howard and nelson
TE for a mediocre PF

-TE for a mediocre PG

-Gasol for Kmart Scola and picks

-gasol for ellis

-bynum and odom for howard

i dont think any of those are steals.... franchise players get traded for SHIT usually.

This is the first thread w/ imo a dumb trade and I went and said it was a dumb trade. Stop saying "laker fans" when its one guy trolling

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Sorry what the hell is that quote to do with? We all know Howard's still asked for a trade? We're talking about how Orlando have said they are in no rush to trade him and told him to stay pat until they work something out. There's NO sources about a deal being close like you claim.

Yeah and the Lakers could be working on a better deal (Minnestoa) to offer to the Magic. The point is there is a 90% chance that Howard will be traded. And that Lakers can offer a better package than the Nets (the two teams Dwight would play for). But the package will not contain both Bynum and Gasol. I have never claim this BIG DEAL is on the horizon. I just know Mitch has stated he is working on some "big deals". I just think I know what these big deals are.

LakersReign
12-19-2011, 01:26 AM
All this trade stuff, rumors and what not is giving me a headache. Don't know who to listen to or what to expect. Just gonna wait and see what happens.

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 01:27 AM
lakers make moves to win championships.. u dont win championships.. that was my point, not just making the playoffs.

oh is that what "desensitized to losing meant"? :oldlol:

if you want to change the topic to "who has won more titles?" then start a new thread because you are getting owned in this one. ill be glad to discuss it with you over there.

and no matter what the lakers intention are, it STILL doesnt justify stupid trade ideas.

"the lakers should trade walton for howard and blake for deron williams because they are the lakers and they want to win titles! therefore those are good trades!"

This is the first thread w/ imo a dumb trade and I went and said it was a dumb trade. Stop saying "laker fans" when its one guy trolling

if you think there is one dumb laker fan on this site, go ahead. not true but feel free to think that (and no im not implying you).

Paintballer8791
12-19-2011, 01:27 AM
even if some how this pipe dream happened. Jameer would start at pg and Beasley would start at sf, MWP can't even hold off Matt Barnes at the moment less alone a young good sf in Beasley, Jameer is 20 times better than Fisher is and I would venture to say he is better than Fisher ever was.

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 01:28 AM
But the package will not contain both Bynum and Gasol.

so you are mitch kupchak?

RazorBaLade
12-19-2011, 01:32 AM
oh is that what "desensitized to losing meant"? :oldlol:

if you want to change the topic to "who has won more titles?" then start a new thread because you are getting owned in this one. ill be glad to discuss it with you over there.

and no matter what the lakers intention are, it STILL doesnt justify stupid trade ideas.

"the lakers should trade walton for howard and blake for deron williams because they are the lakers and they want to win titles! therefore those are good trades!"

if you think there is one dumb laker fan on this site, go ahead. not true but feel free to think that (and no im not implying you).

well yea of course. desensitized to losing means youre used to constantly losing, unless you won it all you lost.

i have yet to see any walton for howard like trades.

this is the worst trade idea ive seen here by a laker guy and he wants to give up pau and bynum. come on son

LakersReign
12-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Stages of grief:

Lakers fans are still in the denial stage. After it becomes obvious they aren't getting Howard or Love or anybody in ridiculously lopsided trades, they will move to the anger stage and blame Mitch Kupchak. They will be depressed for a while and act like little kids because they've never had to support a team that wasn't a contender. Most of them are only fans of basketball because their city has always had a winning team. Eventually they will become Heat/Clipper fans as they move towards acceptance.

If that hot garbage you just posted was even true, then that would've meant Laker fans who were still Laker fans after Shaq left, should've been Heat/Clippers fans since back in '04, then....right?! So....that didn't happen because.............?!:confusedshrug:

And the little kids are the Lebron fans with NO REASONING CAPABILITIES WHATSOEVER. All they can do is repeat like a pathetic bunch of parrots. Then wanna get mad when you don't agree with them to make themselves feel better. Keep talking....just keep talking. When and if the Lakers pull something off this year, y'all are gonna be the first ones cryin' the NBA is rigged like a bunch of little girls.:cry:

Try again:no:

bmulls
12-19-2011, 01:42 AM
If your hot garbage was even true, then that would've meant Laker fans who were still Laker fan after Shaqq left, should've been Heat/Clippers fans since back in '04, then....right?! So....that didn't happen because.............?!:confusedshrug:

And the little kids are the Lebron fans with NO REASONING CAPABILITIES WHATSOEVER. Keep talking....just keep talking. When and if the Lakers pull something off this year, y'all are gonna be the first ones cryin' the NBA is rigged like a bunch of little girls.:cry:

Try again:no:

This poor guy has started the anger phase much sooner than expected. He must be really tore up on the inside.

WeGetRing2012
12-19-2011, 01:43 AM
This poor guy has started the anger phase much sooner than expected. He must be really tore up on the inside.

Laker fans never really worry to much. We have been on top too much throughout the years not to have some faith in the organization. So chill with all that...

LakersReign
12-19-2011, 01:44 AM

So....I'm supposed to be mad that the only person here who agrees with your delusional b.s. is you. Which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ME?!:wtf:

Notice how he didn't even bother trying to answer the question?!:oldlol:

Please continue to further embarrass yourself with your own "junk science" that not even you really believe.....OBVIOUSLY:facepalm

Nice try:applause:

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 01:45 AM
well yea of course. desensitized to losing means youre used to constantly losing, unless you won it all you lost.

:oldlol: so if you dont win the title, that means you are just so used to losing?

so wrong. typical laker fan.

i have yet to see any walton for howard like trades.

this is the worst trade idea ive seen here by a laker guy and he wants to give up pau and bynum. come on son

so the worst trade youve seen here for the lakers.

so glad you have no idea whats going on. :applause:

RazorBaLade
12-19-2011, 01:49 AM
:oldlol: so if you dont win the title, that means you are just so used to losing?

so wrong. typical laker fan.

so the worst trade youve seen here for the lakers.

so glad you have no idea whats going on. :applause:

Dude what language are you best associated with? holy crap. I don't have to write down every possible situation and phrasing for a functioning member of society to understand my point. I will try again.

If you consistently lose, you get desensitized to losing. Since the only way to not lose is to win a championship, if you don't win championships for decades at a time then you consistently lose, and thus the fanbase is more accustomed to it.

Again, the 2nd post of your comment is moronic because the cue "worst trade idea by a laker guy" implies that its the least fair idea, and in that case we still would have given up bynum and gasol. Give me a reason to think you're not retarded next time

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Dude what language are you best associated with? holy crap. I don't have to write down every possible situation and phrasing for a functioning member of society to understand my point. I will try again.

If you consistently lose, you get desensitized to losing. Since the only way to not lose is to win a championship, if you don't win championships for decades at a time then you consistently lose, and thus the fanbase is more accustomed to it.

I have absolutely no idea what you meant by the 2nd half of your post btw. Give me a reason to think you're not retarded next time

ill try to speak slower so you can keep up as you clearly are behind most everyone else here. you havent figured out much in this entire thread...my bad for assuming you could figure out the last post :oldlol:

so 25 or so teams must be desensitized to losing because they havent won a title recently? nice try but you are coming up with a convenient definition to fit your argument. if you werent a laker fan you would never come up with that definition.

making the playoffs 8 seasons in a row isnt used to losing no matter how you want to spin it. but really, nice try kid. :applause:

RazorBaLade
12-19-2011, 01:56 AM
ill try to speak slower so you can keep up as you clearly are behind most everyone else here. you havent figured out much in this entire thread...my bad for assuming you could figure out the last post :oldlol:

so 25 or so teams must be desensitized to losing because they havent won a title recently? nice try but you are coming up with a convenient definition to fit your argument. if you werent a laker fan you would never come up with that definition.

making the playoffs 8 seasons in a row isnt used to losing no matter how you want to spin it. but really, nice try kid. :applause:

Um yes. Thats exactly what it is. The fanbase of someone like the wolves can be okay with just getting a nice draft pick or a potential good player with upside, where as the lakers management completely failed if they come out of an offseason with no legit players added to the team. Because lakers are used to contending, 25 or so teams are used to losing.

When was the last time your team was not knocked out of the playoffs? As in, defeated. When was the last time that happened?

bmulls
12-19-2011, 02:04 AM
So....I'm supposed to be mad that the only person here who agrees with your delusional b.s. is you. Which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ME?!:wtf:

Notice how he didn't even bother trying to answer the question?!:oldlol:

Please continue to further embarrass yourself with your own "junk science" that not even you really believe.....OBVIOUSLY:facepalm

Nice try:applause:

Im just trolling la fans bro, dont be so mad.

But it is true that Lakers fans have a feeling of entitlement about getting superstar players.

LakersReign
12-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Im just trolling la fans bro, dont be so mad.

But it is true that Lakers fans have a feeling of entitlement about getting superstar players.

WOW....REALLY?!:rolleyes:

So....I'm supposed to be mad that you embarrassed yourself posting a whole bunch of stuff you didn't even understand to begin with....which has absolutely nothing to do with me?!:wtf:

HILARIOUS STUPIDITY!!!!(bmulls):facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-19-2011, 02:24 AM
I just wish the season have started all ready so all this negative energy goes away and Pau/Bynum gets to showcase their talent.

Right now Pau's value is at the bottom. They need to play consistently to get it high

LakersReign
12-19-2011, 06:20 AM
It doesn't matter, haters are just gonna hate, regardless. With so many preseason games on, you'd think they'd have better things to do than come on here, posting MORE asinine hot garbage. Then they love to turn right around and claim to be REAL NBA fans. The idiot posts some pathetic nonsense he CLEARLY stole from somewhere, and OBVIOUSLY did not even understand himself. I asked him one simple question and he hauls a**. Talkin' bout "duh huh duh huh duh huh duh huh.....I was only trolling to piss of Laker fans, and I totally embarrassed myself instead and you should be mad about that. duh huh duh huh duh huh duh.":facepalm

Anyways, you're right, Pau really needs to step it up. Trades in the works or rumors notwithstanding, he truly needs to redeem himself.

EricForman
12-19-2011, 06:28 AM
why stop there, OP? AFter the Lakers get Love and like 4 other guys for Gasol, they could flip Love to Miami for Wade and Lebron! Then flip Jameer Nelson/Blake/Artest for Derrick Rose.

OMGZZZZ

Rose
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Dwight

Kobe can score 82 points because teams will be double teaming the other 4.

All Net
12-19-2011, 06:56 AM
why stop there, OP? AFter the Lakers get Love and like 4 other guys for Gasol, they could flip Love to Miami for Wade and Lebron! Then flip Jameer Nelson/Blake/Artest for Derrick Rose.

OMGZZZZ

Rose
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Dwight

Kobe can score 82 points because teams will be double teaming the other 4.

That sounds like a plan to me :oldlol:

Hank
12-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Stages of grief:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

barkleynash
12-19-2011, 09:27 AM

if the Twolves could do it without giving up beasley then it would make sense for them. Make it Darko instead.

Lakers would end up with D12/McBob/Turk/Kobe/Fisher but with really nice reserves in Darko/Murphy/Artest/Barnes/Ridnour

Still makes them better imo. You gotta think that this supporting cast for Dwight is light years ahead of the one he took to the finals a few years ago.

T-wolves could roll with Pau at center and start both Williams and Beasley together.

Magic can rebuild with a great young frontcourt that would compliment eachother well with their inside and outside game and get out from under that ugly contract of Turks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=87yhr2a

shootingcomets
12-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Timberwolves get Gasol.

Lakers would look like

Fisher/Nelson or Ridnour
Bryant/Kaponno
Artest/Barnes/Ebanks
Love/Beasley
Howard/Darko or Miller

vetoed for basketball reasons

Nick Young
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
One that team is horrible, and two the Timberwolves aren't trading Kevin love for Gasol
howard kobe love and beasley off the bench is terrible?:hammerhead:

32Dayz
12-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Lakers aren't changing their team.

The roster they have now is the roster they are gonna have during the entire season and in the playoffs (if they make it in).

Not trying to burst anyones bubble but this is reality.

Also Minni would never trade Love for Gasol because Love is very young.

Yung D-Will
12-19-2011, 11:30 AM
There's is absolutley zero Reason Minny would do this.

Hell Minny wouldn't even trade love for Gasol straight up.

bigdog13
12-19-2011, 11:38 AM
There's is absolutley zero Reason Minny would do this.

Hell Minny wouldn't even trade love for Gasol straight up.

we have all convinced ourselves that Minny has so it will happen. The Lakers never get anything, can't they at least get this trade?

32Dayz
12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
The Lakers never get anything.

:wtf: