PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR - LA Reporter: "90% chance Dwight Howard to NJ by Tuesday"

Jordan-esque
12-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Rumor:

John Ireland, Lakers reporter / new announcer, says his source told him the Magic will trade Dwight Howard to the Nets if no other offers come, really soon, even a 90% chance it will happen tomorrow.

Says, these are the same sources that confirmed Stephen A. Smith's news that LeBron and Bosh would join Miami last year.

Here's the link: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/radio/archive?id=2682382

The podcast for today won't be available until later tonight/tomorrow (it will be dated 12/19/11 - hour 1).

niko
12-19-2011, 06:58 PM
THey are not going to open the bidding why? The urgency now why? The owner doesn't want Lopez, but he does now why? Because these guys agreed with what Stephen A Smith said after he said it?

Sounds fishy. Sounds like someone hoping something will happen and trying to predict it so they can claim they had "sources".

MooseJuiceBowen
12-19-2011, 06:59 PM
about time. dwight will be a beast on the nets

DStebb716
12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
He seemed very disinterested yesterday in the game. Maybe that was him saying do it now or regret it?

knickscity
12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I know it's just preseason but I felt Howard tapped out last nite.

DStebb716
12-19-2011, 07:01 PM
PS- Somebody listen to the podcast and confirm, I'm too busy.

Nevermind, just saw OP said it won't be up.

niko
He seemed very disinterested yesterday in the game. Maybe that was him saying do it now or regret it?
Why trade him now? You trade him when you get maximum value. You trade malcontent minor pieces ASAP to help your team. You don't blow up your team prematurely because your star, who wants out, might be surly.

NugzFan
john ireland is a moron.

has nothing to do with dwight, the nets or magic.

hes just a moron.

outbreak
12-19-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't like these "90% chance" rumors. Usually turn out to be bs. If Dwights attitude is what made him look so bad in the pre season game maybe it is a better move trading him earlier this season rather then later, probably factored into Otis now deciding to move him sooner. Still don't think we need to rush into anything though, would be better off trying to get the lakers antsy afew games into the season for a 3 way with Pau and Bynum or something.

kidachi
12-19-2011, 07:03 PM
oh please..

niko
john ireland is a moron.

has nothing to do with dwight, the nets or magic.

hes just a moron.
Tell us how you really feel. :lol

D12"Magic"
Don't believe it.
Won't believe it either unless it is confirmed official.

gasolina
12-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Whatever is happening should happen right away. i don't want another melo-drama where its the same thing reported day after day after day.

Plus it will do well for the players who have the trade hanging over their head

wang4three
12-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Why trade him now? You trade him when you get maximum value. You trade malcontent minor pieces ASAP to help your team. You don't blow up your team prematurely because your star, who wants out, might be surly.

I'd like to think that maximum value happens before the season begins. Cause the sooner they get to trade deadline, the less leverage they're going to have. Most likely, they'll be mediocre and there will be rumblings of an unhappy Dwight all season long. In response to that, teams will know ORL will be desperate to unload Dwight because it becomes more probable that they'll lose Dwight and get nothing in return during the off-season. So right now, is probably the best time they can field offers. The only other choice they have is to play chicken with the Lakers and hope that they get into panic mode before Orlando does and do something drastic like offer Bynum and Gasol.

DStebb716
12-19-2011, 07:09 PM

They are getting as much value now as they ever will. The Nets don't have much more to offer than Lopez and five first rounders, the Lakers don't have anymore to offer, nobody that he won't resign with won't offer anything big. His value is highest right now.

Why not trade him now? You'll get your new pieces for an entire season, and if you struggle then you get a high pick in one of the deepest drafts ever?

niko
12-19-2011, 07:12 PM
I'd like to think that maximum value happens before the season begins. Cause the sooner they get to trade deadline, the less leverage they're going to have. Most likely, they'll be mediocre and there will be rumblings of an unhappy Dwight all season long. In response to that, teams will know ORL will be desperate to unload Dwight because it becomes more probable that they'll lose Dwight and get nothing in return during the off-season. So right now, is probably the best time they can field offers. The only other choice they have is to play chicken with the Lakers and hope that they get into panic mode before Orlando does and do something drastic like offer Bynum and Gasol.
i'd agree, but the Lakers aren't in yet. You not they will be. Then the Nets will get even more creative. Then the Lakers will be. You need things to shake out a bit. Right now the Nets have their crap offer (basically 5 very late picks and Lopez who you need to resign) and the Lakers have their crap feelers (we'll give you Bynum and nothing. I'd wait too. The Nets can do better.

Everyone kept saying DEnver couldn't keep Melo, had to trade him on and on and they basically got every asset the Knicks had ,much more than we offered at first. I don't see how waiting hurt them at all.

As for Howard, **** him. He's too much a ***** to be a good malcontent. the Magic can't rush a decision to avoid the 2 reporters who follow them saying how unhappy he is.

wang4three
12-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Why not trade him now? You'll get your new pieces for an entire season, and if you struggle then you get a high pick in one of the deepest drafts ever?

This should also not be understated. In my opinion, if you're gonna commit to being bad, do it early. Get a high draft pick and a shot at Anthony Davis, Drummond, Harrison Barnes, Sullinger or whoever you want to fill up the void that Dwight will leave. Commiting midseason when you're just over .500 is just poor and instead of getting a potential franchise player, you end up with a nice piece instead.

niko
12-19-2011, 07:15 PM
They are getting as much value now as they ever will. The Nets don't have much more to offer than Lopez and five first rounders, the Lakers don't have anymore to offer, nobody that he won't resign with won't offer anything big. His value is highest right now.

If they want Bynum and Gasol they can get them. That's what they want. They are waiting the Lakers out. If not, they can go back to the nets literally anytime and not only get the same offer, but probably get the Nets to better it. Literally anytime. There is no situation the Nets drop out. IF there was, there would be levarage. Their really is not.

i love how everyone wants the mAgic to do it now. Of course you do, he'd look good in Nets colors. But that's not a concern of the Magic. I wanted Denver to send us Melo early too and for some reason they just didn't care.

NugzFan
12-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Tell us how you really feel. :lol

john ireland is a moron. :oldlol:

hate listening to the guy on the radio here.

Allstar24
12-19-2011, 07:29 PM
I'd say this news is quite credible...

wang4three
12-19-2011, 07:31 PM
i'd agree, but the Lakers aren't in yet. You not they will be. Then the Nets will get even more creative. Then the Lakers will be. You need things to shake out a bit. Right now the Nets have their crap offer (basically 5 very late picks and Lopez who you need to resign) and the Lakers have their crap feelers (we'll give you Bynum and nothing. I'd wait too. The Nets can do better.

Everyone kept saying DEnver couldn't keep Melo, had to trade him on and on and they basically got every asset the Knicks had ,much more than we offered at first. I don't see how waiting hurt them at all.

As for Howard, **** him. He's too much a ***** to be a good malcontent. the Magic can't rush a decision to avoid the 2 reporters who follow them saying how unhappy he is.

The waiting game is difficult because essentially you have still put up the front that your main objective is to keep your star player. However, with every unhappy Dwight report that comes out (coupled with disinterested play), then you begin to lose your leverage.

Also trying to wait out the Lakers is very hard to justify. Cause even though they became worse by losing Odom, they're still a very good ball club. They're still going to be a top 3 team in the West. So really unless a major injury occurs, they won't be in panic mode..but that depends on who gets injured. If Bynum gets injured again.. you don't do anyone favors by trading for him. Same with Pau. If Kobe gets injured, well, then there's no point of them trading for Dwight since their season is probably forgone. So really the chicken idea is really relying on the hopes that they just somehow suck without Odom or that Mike Brown cannot replicate Phil Jackson's success. Very low probability odds if you ask me.

However, you're right about the Nets. They are playing the role of the guy who thinks persistence will eventually wear down the hot girl. Billy King has been terrible at portraying us in the media. But you can't fault his effort and intentions, they are in the best interest of the organization. I think Billy will eventually have to say enough is enough and either we move on with Brook or we'll try again in the off-season. I think Deron's happy enough at the moment and Brook will rebound from an off-season.

tomtucker
12-19-2011, 07:37 PM
why would he wanna go there :confusedshrug:

Nets fan 93
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM
why would he wanna go there :confusedshrug:
Probably play with the best PG in the league? the Nets owner is the 2nd richest in the NBA and they are headed to a brand new arena in Brooklyn. Why the hell not?

DStebb716
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM
If they want Bynum and Gasol they can get them. That's what they want. They are waiting the Lakers out. If not, they can go back to the nets literally anytime and not only get the same offer, but probably get the Nets to better it. Literally anytime. There is no situation the Nets drop out. IF there was, there would be levarage. Their really is not.

i love how everyone wants the mAgic to do it now. Of course you do, he'd look good in Nets colors. But that's not a concern of the Magic. I wanted Denver to send us Melo early too and for some reason they just didn't care.

You missed the part where dealing him now would be good for their pick in a deep draft. Personally I want Dwight to stay but it's not going to happen so I want it over now.

32jazz
12-19-2011, 07:48 PM
This should also not be understated. In my opinion, if you're gonna commit to being bad, do it early. Get a high draft pick and a shot at Anthony Davis, Drummond, Harrison Barnes, Sullinger or whoever you want to fill up the void that Dwight will leave. Commiting midseason when you're just over .500 is just poor and instead of getting a potential franchise player, you end up with a nice piece instead.

Here we go with 'tank mode' again.:facepalm And what if none of those draft picks pan out or are just average players at best(which is way more likely than getting an All star or HOF'er) And then they are 19 year olds which may take 3 seasons or so to even know whether they will pan out anyway.

Even after Shaq left, the Magic had a little respect as a franchise which would at least try to compete and both T-Mac and McGrady signed with them(Duncan flirted with the idea ,but was probably never serious).

Perrenial tanking in hopes that by some huge Longshot that you Might land an allstar/Hof'er is not the best way to endear yourself to fans (who pay their hard earned to see a 'competition') nor potential free agents.

wang4three
12-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Here we go with 'tank mode' again.:facepalm And what if none of those draft picks pan out or are just average players at best(which is way more likely than getting an All star or HOF'er) And then they are 19 year olds which may take 3 seasons or so to even know whether they will pan out anyway.

You face the same uncertainties with any scenario, but given the fact that since the one year and done rule has been put into place, every class' top 3 has produced a star. So more likely than not, you will get a great piece.

Perrenial tanking in hopes that by some huge Longshot that you Might land an allstar/Hof'er is not the best way to endear yourself to fans (who pay their hard earned to see a 'competition') nor potential free agents.

I never said it would endear fans, but it is often a strategy that works. Especially when it comes with a very talented draft class that's coming up. Even if they don't get the top pick, they still have a good shot at getting someone very, very good. However, you shoot yourself in the foot if you're basically throwing away half the season.

christian1923
12-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Probably play with the best PG in the league? the Nets owner is the 2nd richest in the NBA and they are headed to a brand new arena in Brooklyn. Why the hell not?

:lol :lol

niko
12-19-2011, 08:43 PM
You face the same uncertainties with any scenario, but given the fact that since the one year and done rule has been put into place, every class' top 3 has produced a star. So more likely than not, you will get a great piece.

I never said it would endear fans, but it is often a strategy that works. Especially when it comes with a very talented draft class that's coming up. Even if they don't get the top pick, they still have a good shot at getting someone very, very good. However, you shoot yourself in the foot if you're basically throwing away half the season.
Unfortunately (for the Nets) people don't realize how smart it is to rebuild in that way or Howard would be already there. You rarely see people try to pull off the trades in that way.

longtime lurker
12-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Really? We've heard this before........

tomtucker
12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
how can new york support two teams....? are they really gonna sell tickets...now the knicks finally have some good players

niko
12-19-2011, 08:47 PM
how can new york support two teams....? are they really gonna sell tickets...now the knicks finally have some good players
Easily. Knicks are already sold out. At worst, Nets will be a bit less than that.

D12"Magic"
12-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Though you forget Brooklyn is one on the largest cities in the world.

DFish
12-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Though you forget Brooklyn is one on the largest cities in the world.

Brooklyn isn't a city.

wang4three
12-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately (for the Nets) people don't realize how smart it is to rebuild in that way or Howard would be already there. You rarely see people try to pull off the trades in that way.

In what way are you particularly referring to?

D12"Magic"
12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Brooklyn isn't a city.
Ok, it's a Borough that has a large capacity of people there right Niko?

wang4three
12-19-2011, 08:56 PM

The same way New York supports the Giants and the Jets, the Yankees and the Mets, and to a lesser extent, the Rangers and the Islanders.

10 million people in NYC and this won't include the rest of the surrounding regions, NJ and CT. There are plenty of fans around.

niko
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
In what way are you particularly referring to?
i agree with you on how teams should rebuild, get the young stars, strip the team, try for the low pick. Denver didn't want to (They wanted every asset we had and to be average). NO didn't really want to *(although you can't complain on their deal). Orlando doesn't seem to want to, by all accoutns they want Gasol AND Bynum together the most, or the Nets to get them a second star (with Lopez). That's not quite your idea.

DFish
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Yeah, I don't think either LA or NYC will have difficulty supporting 2 NBA teams.

niko
12-19-2011, 09:01 PM
My neighborhood (Bay Ridge) has as many people as some (albeit very small) cities. Brooklyn IF it was a city on it's own would be something like top ten in terms of population, and up there also in terms of salary per person, etc. They definitely can support a team. Plus they have some fans moving over from Jersey.

If the Nets are good, they'll draw. Plus the Knicks are sick expensive. THere has to be some spillover from NYers who don't care but want to see a game.

longtime lurker
12-19-2011, 09:04 PM
If Orlando is really going to do this, they need to do it now before the season starts. Get a 3 team trade into the works because there are a lot of teams willing to give up players for draft picks.

D12"Magic"
12-19-2011, 09:08 PM
My neighborhood (Bay Ridge) has as many people as some (albeit very small) cities. Brooklyn IF it was a city on it's own would be something like top ten in terms of population, and up there also in terms of salary per person, etc. They definitely can support a team. Plus they have some fans moving over from Jersey.

If the Nets are good, they'll draw. Plus the Knicks are sick expensive. THere has to be some spillover from NYers who don't care but want to see a game.
Cool, thanks for the information.

Yeah, I don't think either LA or NYC will have difficulty supporting 2 NBA teams.
Yeah.

GOBB
12-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Havent read thread but IF Dwight goes to NJ, AK47 gets signed could they add a Kris Humphries or will they be short on cash?

tpols
12-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Dont believe it yet. Sources last year said Melo was 95% coming to the Nets on certain days.. 600 reply threads about it for nothing.

outbreak
12-19-2011, 09:17 PM
If it happens with just the 2 teams, what would work ? Something like lopez, farmar, s&t humphries and picks for howard and turk? If Humphries is signed for around 5mill a season that would work cash wise.

tpols
12-19-2011, 09:23 PM
i agree with you on how teams should rebuild, get the young stars, strip the team, try for the low pick. Denver didn't want to (They wanted every asset we had and to be average). NO didn't really want to *(although you can't complain on their deal). Orlando doesn't seem to want to, by all accoutns they want Gasol AND Bynum together the most, or the Nets to get them a second star (with Lopez). That's not quite your idea.
Denver got some nice young players.. Gallo, Wilson, a draft pick(?). Utah went for the young talent in Favors+picks. NO just got possibly the most valuable pick in this year's draft and a very promising SG plus lotto SF. Most teams try to get the young talent for rebuilding.. probably why NO took the Clip's deal over LAL's even though LAL's had better players for the here and now. I dont see why Orlando wouldn't go into complete rebuilding mode..

32Dayz
12-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Sorry dont believe it.

I'd be extremely happy if its true cause I get all the Nets games here in NYC but I just dont see it happenings.

Rumors are a dime a dozen.. it doesn't mean anything.

wang4three
12-19-2011, 09:41 PM

Well the Nets did rebuild through the draft really. We tanked hard and got ourselves Favors and then turned Favors + Kanter for Deron Williams. I'd make that trade again if given the chance. Building through the draft doesn't necessarily mean cultivating players from start to finish, it could also just be wise about using the assets you get, particularly the young assets. Boston did it too when they mortgaged their future for Ray and KG and it paid off. The Knicks did well (though it took them probably twice as long as it should've) to turn their young assets into Carmelo.

knightfall88
12-19-2011, 09:42 PM
I believe it. Did anyone watch the Orlando preseason game, his teammates were so bad I was surprised he didn't walk out on the team half way. I never felt more sorry for him during that game and I am sure he had enough after seeing them play

abuC
12-19-2011, 10:04 PM

Very large amount of people, if it were a city on it's own it would be the 4th largest in the US. Chicago only has around 100,000 more people than Brooklyn.

B
12-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Max value is now. The closer they get to the trade deadline the less teams will offer knowing that everyday that goes by is a day closer to the Magic getting nothing in return

Nelson14
12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
oh crap

Nets fan 93
12-19-2011, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=B

NugzFan
12-20-2011, 12:25 AM

and if that tanking/stripping the team/getting low pick strategy fails (like it has for so many teams)...then what?

Ca$H
12-20-2011, 04:43 AM
ATL: gets Bynum and TPE
Orlando: gets Al Horford, LAL 2012 and 2014 firsts, DAL 2012 first rounder
LAL: gets Howard and Marvin Williams.

ATL: gets bigger and sheds Marvin Williams bad contract. Lets face it ATL
will always be a 4-5 seed in the east with horford and have no chance of advancing. However, Bynum's size gives them an opportunity to create a mismatch against teams like the heat, bulls(noah can't defend him the post), and the celtics which will increase their odds of advancing. They will also have the flexibility to make a deal for a big man with hinrich's expiring contract and
the TPE.

Orlando: this is probably a safer option than bynum and a better option than
brook lopez. Horford is young and is locked up for the next five years with
a reasonable contract.

LAL: no explanation needed

Ca$H
12-20-2011, 04:52 AM
ATL: gets Bynum and TPE
Orlando: gets Al Horford, LAL 2012 and 2014 firsts, DAL 2012 first rounder
LAL: gets Howard and Marvin Williams.

ATL: gets bigger and sheds Marvin Williams bad contract. Lets face it ATL
will always be a 4-5 seed in the east with horford and have no chance of advancing. However, Bynum's size gives them an opportunity to create a mismatch against teams like the heat, bulls(noah can't defend him the post), and the celtics which will increase their odds of advancing. They will also have the flexibility to make a deal for a big man with hinrich's expiring contract and
the TPE. Like hinrich, pauchulia, TPE to the hornets for okafor and Jack.

Orlando: this is probably a safer option than bynum and a better option than
brook lopez. Horford is young and is locked up for the next five years with
a reasonable contract.

LAL: no explanation needed

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Exactly. The more the Magic wait... it's more of a chance he walks and they get nothing. If the Nets sign Kris to a 1 year deal then they will have close to enough to give him a max contract. If they dont have enough which I doubt they wont. they can trade away Farmar and Cash for a pick.

Otis knows that Nets offer is still going to be there till the trade deadline. Its not going to change

But I think he is more interested in the Lakers offer and he is trying to get both Bynum/Pau from the Lakers which is clearly NOT happening. If lakers were willing that trade might have happened by now.

I honestly think the Lakers should just sit tight and see where this goes...how many times Otis can create the hype and try to get the Lakers suckered in? didnt work 2 times now....oh the deal is done and few hours later we hear that the deal is completely DEAD

Ca$H
12-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Otis knows that Nets offer is still going to be there till the trade deadline. Its not going to change

But I think he is more interested in the Lakers offer and he is trying to get both Bynum/Pau from the Lakers which is clearly NOT happening. If lakers were willing that trade might have happened by now.

I honestly think the Lakers should just sit tight and see where this goes...how many times Otis can create the hype and try to get the Lakers suckered in? didnt work 2 times now....oh the deal is done and few hours later we hear that the deal is completely DEAD

what do you think of the scenario above?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-20-2011, 05:13 AM
what do you think of the scenario above?

lakers have too many SF's ...give Hinrich instead and u got a deal

AMISTILLILL
12-20-2011, 05:34 AM
lakers have too many SF's ...give Hinrich instead and u got a deal

:facepalm

Combined, the Lakers have maybe 1.5 a starting caliber SF. On a good day.

tomtucker
12-20-2011, 05:58 AM
The same way New York supports the Giants and the Jets, the Yankees and the Mets, and to a lesser extent, the Rangers and the Islanders.

10 million people in NYC and this won't include the rest of the surrounding regions, NJ and CT. There are plenty of fans around.

okay , thanks

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-20-2011, 06:11 AM
:facepalm

Combined, the Lakers have maybe 1.5 a starting caliber SF. On a good day.

Lakers are already paying 13m combined between Luke & arrest.. They don't need another useless sf who is getting paid 7.5/3yrs and is trash

fefe
12-20-2011, 06:14 AM

No, the Nets offer will not be the same at the deadline.
The current Nets offer is Lopez + Farmar + huge TE + 5 1st rd picks for Howard + Hedo + Duhon.

But the Nets can make this offer only before signing Humphries and/or AK47.
They can only absorb this much extra salary if they are way below the salary cap.
They can not stay that far under the cap till the trade deadline, because they have to meet the salary minimum before the season starts.

If the magic want to get rid of Hedo and Duhon with Howard, they have to take the Nets offer right now. The moment the Nets sign Humphries, this offer is gone.

AMISTILLILL
12-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Lakers are already paying 13m combined between Luke & arrest.. They don't need another useless sf who is getting paid 7.5/3yrs and is trash

Marvin Williams is light years ahead of Artest, Walton and Barnes... and it's not even close. If the Lakers scoffed at the opportunity to bring him on board, knowledgeable members of the Lakers fan base would call for Kupchak's blood. You can always trade that dead weight away as trade filler for a bigger piece, or since they're apparently keen on giving players away: just give them away. Amnesty, waive them... do something. They're garbage.

In these uncertain times, I'm sure a lot of Lakers fans would take a logjam at the 3 if it meant you get a starting caliber SF like Williams. The alternative is outings like you saw from Artest and Barnes earlier tonight, or even worse: Luke Walton.

The Lakers have a legitimate PG option in Darius Morris. Chasing Kirk Hinrich is fruitless since Atlanta seems pretty high on him. If Brown is going to toy with rotations and starting lineups, he could do A LOT worse than opting to have Morris start and/or play considerable minutes.

Duncan21formvp
12-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Why wouldn't Dwight want to go to Atlanta? Maybe a Horford/Josh Smith for Dwight package?

Sarcastic
12-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Why wouldn't Dwight want to go to Atlanta? Maybe a Horford/Josh Smith for Dwight package?

Well he is buddies with Josh Smith. I doubt he would be happy if he were traded away for him.

Rekindled
12-20-2011, 04:07 PM

bynum alone is better than horford and smith combined.

Paintballer8791
12-20-2011, 04:14 PM
you're nuts, as a magic fan I'd rather have Smith and Horford over Bynum healthy or not.

Nets fan 93
12-20-2011, 04:28 PM
:roll: Have you ever watched Bynum play? Or are you basing that on how much Laker fans like Bynum?

niko
12-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Everyone knows this guy is full of shit right? He may very well be a Net today but this guy has no info about it. (And note: if he was going to be a net today, humphries signing would not be progressing in the way it is.) This guy's claim to having insider sources is saying "I HEARD IT TOO" after Stephen A said that Lebron went to Miami.

Nets fan 93
12-20-2011, 04:31 PM
No, the Nets offer will not be the same at the deadline.
The current Nets offer is Lopez + Farmar + huge TE + 5 1st rd picks for Howard + Hedo + Duhon.

But the Nets can make this offer only before signing Humphries and/or AK47.
They can only absorb this much extra salary if they are way below the salary cap.
They can not stay that far under the cap till the trade deadline, because they have to meet the salary minimum before the season starts.

If the magic want to get rid of Hedo and Duhon with Howard, they have to take the Nets offer right now. The moment the Nets sign Humphries, this offer is gone.
Exactly. Deron is already kinda upset about how the roster looks. If there is no deal by start of the season. Nets need to get some improvements or lose Deron Williams all together.

niko
12-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Exactly. Deron is already kinda upset about how the roster looks. If there is no deal by start of the season. Nets need to get some improvements or lose Deron Williams all together.
The Nets need to make this team look good going forward by end of year. I think they can't wait and say "we'll make changes next offseason". HOWEVER they don't need to go nuts and sign every available second tier FA like they are making a title run. They have sick flexibility, and if a star shakes lose (they do sometimes, look at DEron) they'd be first in line IF they keep their flexbility. They need to be careful.

Nets fan 93
12-20-2011, 04:43 PM
The Nets need to make this team look good going forward by end of year. I think they can't wait and say "we'll make changes next offseason". HOWEVER they don't need to go nuts and sign every available second tier FA like they are making a title run. They have sick flexibility, and if a star shakes lose (they do sometimes, look at DEron) they'd be first in line IF they keep their flexbility. They need to be careful.
Humphries is basically a Net. Magic lost out a little in value since the Nets can't absorb as much as before. They will have around 10 mill to absorb now. Sign AK and that drops even more.

niko
12-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Humphries is basically a Net. Magic lost out a little in value since the Nets can't absorb as much as before. They will have around 10 mill to absorb now. Sign AK and that drops even more.
does it mean D12 is not going to be a Net? NOPE, not at all. I'd bet it means he won't be a Net today though. It's just logical.

Nets fan 93
12-20-2011, 04:56 PM
does it mean D12 is not going to be a Net? NOPE, not at all. I'd bet it means he won't be a Net today though. It's just logical.
I never tried to imply that. I meant to say the deal just gets worse and worse for Orlando. LA will not give up Gasol and Bynum and as the deadline reaches the Magic will get desperate. I'm not sure why they are trying to wait.

niko
12-20-2011, 05:01 PM
I never tried to imply that. I meant to say the deal just gets worse and worse for Orlando. LA will not give up Gasol and Bynum and as the deadline reaches the Magic will get desperate. I'm not sure why they are trying to wait.
i knwo you understand, just pointing it out for others in the thread. :cheers: I just worded it poorly.

The Magic are waiting because the owner got pissed. He got pissed Dwight's agent is telling him to hurry him up and ship him out, he's pissed him GM got him in this position, he's pissed that his GM made a deal so quickly that (it seems like) is for a player (Lopez) he doesn't feel should be the centerpiece of a deal. It's like the Denver owner. Until Dolan sat down and had a man to man with him and said "let's fix this" Denver was in total **** U NY mode. Orlando is in **** U NJ mode. It will pass. And then we'll see what happens.

That's what i think. i don't expect anything soon (which means a deal will happen in the next 4 minutes). Plus LA is semi imploding which might help Magic start a bidding war.

DirtySanchez
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Keeping an eye on Twitter while Im at work...nothing yet.

HurricaneKid
12-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I still think there is a good chance Dwight or Deron ends up in Dal next offseason. Can you imagine if NJ makes that trade and loses those guys next offseason? No players and no picks for the next 5 years? That would make Orl elite in just a few years. Prokorov is making some mighty big bets.

Of course if they keep Deron and Dwight and fill in the rest in the coming years they could take NY over. I am sure they will be better than NYK over the coming years. and those 5 #1s wouldn't be worth much at all.

Nets fan 93
12-20-2011, 05:06 PM
i knwo you understand, just pointing it out for others in the thread. :cheers: I just worded it poorly.

The Magic are waiting because the owner got pissed. He got pissed Dwight's agent is telling him to hurry him up and ship him out, he's pissed him GM got him in this position, he's pissed that his GM made a deal so quickly that (it seems like) is for a player (Lopez) he doesn't feel should be the centerpiece of a deal. It's like the Denver owner. Until Dolan sat down and had a man to man with him and said "let's fix this" Denver was in total **** U NY mode. Orlando is in **** U NJ mode. It will pass. And then we'll see what happens.

That's what i think. i don't expect anything soon (which means a deal will happen in the next 4 minutes). Plus LA is semi imploding which might help Magic start a bidding war.
Oh alright:cheers: gotcha.

I still think there is a good chance Dwight or Deron ends up in Dal next offseason. Can you imagine if NJ makes that trade and loses those guys next offseason? No players and no picks for the next 5 years? That would make Orl elite in just a few years. Prokorov is making some mighty big bets.

Of course if they keep Deron and Dwight and fill in the rest in the coming years they could take NY over. I am sure they will be better than NYK over the coming years. and those 5 #1s wouldn't be worth much at all.
Wouldn't they only have enough for one of them? they still have Dirk, Marion and Haywood on long term contracts. Doubt NJ/BK would help the Mavs VIA sign and trade. Their best bet would be to stay in BK and make a contender.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM

Don't worry if deron wants out and you guys don't get D12... & if gasol is still a laker.. We will give u gasol/ebanks for D12

HurricaneKid
12-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Wouldn't they only have enough for one of them? they still have Dirk, Marion and Haywood on long term contracts. Doubt NJ/BK would help the Mavs VIA sign and trade. Their best bet would be to stay in BK and make a contender.

Yeah. But there is no way either of those guys stays without the other. So if one of them goes to Dal the other one is going to find another landing spot and those draft picks will be worth their weight in gold.

HurricaneKid
12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Have they released the new logo/jerseys or anything for Brooklyn? If they do it right its going to be some popular gear.

niko
12-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Oh alright:cheers: gotcha.

they'd amnesty Haywood and then could afford both at a total of $2M less than max (so each would need to take $1M less than max starting). I didn't do the math, i got from Wojo, so no one yell at me, twitter him or something and tell him he's a moron if it's wrong.

HylianNightmare
12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
well it's tuesday evening

DirtySanchez
12-20-2011, 07:16 PM
OK the reporter was from LA so this rumor has till 12:00 PST to happen.

HylianNightmare
12-20-2011, 11:18 PM
still have plenty of time

D12"Magic"
12-20-2011, 11:28 PM
OK the reporter was from LA so this rumor has till 12:00 PST to happen.
Apparently he changed it from Tuesday to this week, and supposedly Nets and Magic are working out paper deals.

[QUOTE]Henry Sanchez @HenrySanchez 32m Reply Retweet Favorite

Nets fan 93
12-20-2011, 11:51 PM
If you guys check out Billy King's Twitter profile he has a pretty interesting tweet. You'll know what I am talking about when you see it.

D12"Magic"
12-20-2011, 11:55 PM
If you guys check out Billy King's Twitter profile he has a pretty interesting tweet. You'll know what I am talking about when you see it.
The Smiley face one, were some one asked him a question about us getting Howard?

Nets fan 93
12-20-2011, 11:57 PM
The Smiley face one, were some one asked him a question about us getting Howard?
Yeah. I find that extremely odd after how quiet he has been. Maybe he's in a good mood. But then again. maybe they really are 90% done? who knows...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah. I find that extremely odd after how quiet he has been. Maybe he's in a good mood. But then again. maybe they really are 90% done? who knows...

sorry but I didnt get anything from his tweets...

D12"Magic"
12-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Yep, though I still think Howard will play in the Christmas opener. Though I hope we get this Dwightmare over with as soon as possible. Though, there is no doubt BK is trying to pull together a trade.

I think I use the word "Though" to much by the way. :D

Nets fan 93
12-21-2011, 12:01 AM
sorry but I didnt get anything from his tweets...
A fan asked him to tweet when a Howard trade happened. It's odd because of how quiet he has been about both Howard and FA. I'm sure that isnt the first tweet he has gotten about a Howard trade.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
A fan asked him to tweet when a Howard trade happened. It's odd because of how quiet he has been about both Howard and FA. I'm sure that isnt the first tweet he has gotten about a Howard trade.

ah thanks...I am twitter illiterate

just_NONchalant
12-21-2011, 12:36 AM
ah thanks...I am twitter illiterate

Hey i'm going to create a social media for narcissists and stalkers... it's going to be great!!! i think i'm going to call it... twitter :D

DirtySanchez
12-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Ok.....about 12 here in Cali...nada happened. That Mofo lied!

therammingman
12-21-2011, 03:59 AM
Ok.....about 12 here in Cali...nada happened. That Mofo lied!

i was listening to him today...he said he talked to his source and that the dude said paperwork might hold up the deal but he said 99% chance it will be done by friday

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-21-2011, 04:03 AM
i was listening to him today...he said he talked to his source and that the dude said paperwork might hold up the deal but he said 99% chance it will be done by friday

what paperwork? signing humpries? AK47?

therammingman
12-21-2011, 04:04 AM
what paperwork? signing humpries? AK47?

i think he meant for howard. I listen to these guys all the time and this dude's "source" HAS been right before.

Nets fan 93
12-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Doubt.

r15mohd
12-21-2011, 09:05 AM
i think he meant for howard. I listen to these guys all the time and this dude's "source" HAS been right before.

i'm sure his source has been wrong before too...however, I do hope the Nets get him. I really rather see a Deron/Dwight duo more than an aging Kobe and Dwight one.

niko
12-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Why would the Nets have signed Humprhies Wed if a trade was imminent? Orlando said "don't take as much salary off our hands, it's ok - we know you need hump for the season openers?" He can't be traded.

The nets very well may get Howard this week but the idiot in LA knows nothing, again he took credit for Steven A Smith knowing Lebron went to Miami. It was reported and he said "MY SOURCE TOLD ME THAT TOO, I JUST DIDNT MENTION IT TILL NOW". He's a douche.

It feels more likely to me Nets get Howard than not, but it's not immiment. Just my opinion. Once he got pulled off table, and with Nets doing this signing, it makes more sense to reopen talks later on.

niko
12-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Billy said it meant nothing. Which may mean it meant nothing. Or it may mean he had a "did i really tweet that i am close to a trade? why did i say that? i can't say that yet" moment.

themurph
12-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Why would the Nets have signed Humprhies Wed if a trade was imminent?

Actually, the correct question is why would the Nets have signed Humphries for just a one-year deal? I'll let u ponder that one...

niko
12-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Actually, the correct question is why would the Nets have signed Humphries for just a one-year deal? I'll let u ponder that one...
So they could keep their cap space for next year in case the trade doesn't go through. They still can't trade him till the deadline. So i know you think you made some incredible discovery but the signing still makes no sense if a trade is imminent (in the next two days). It makes vastly more sense if a trade will be done later or if no trade is agreed to yet, in which case the Nets need to have a team to start the season.

Basically the "framework" the Nets have agreed upon doesn't work anymore, it would need to be a totally different trade.

HylianNightmare
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM

99% by Friday? Sounds reasonable

ILLsmak
12-21-2011, 01:19 PM
99% is a funny thing to say. Is anything ever 99% sure? That 1% is the ultimate "just kidding."

Should say, " From the information I've gathered, *I* believe this trade will happen by Friday."

-Smak