PDA

View Full Version : How good is DeAndre Jordan?

ImmortalD24
12-20-2011, 03:13 AM
He's a freak of an athlete with very long arms at around 7 feet. His inside the paint presence on both ends of the floor (especially defensively) was very apparent in tonights game. With the Clippers great point guard play in CP3 and Billups, he should be be even more of a threat offensively.

How good of a shot does he have at making the ASG this year? (assuming he stays healthy).. Clippers with 3 All-Stars? :eek:

Kobe Face
12-20-2011, 03:13 AM
bynum outplayed dis fool.

Jasper
12-20-2011, 03:16 AM
Jordan has come up in many threads ....

All-Star :no: (Memphis has a Gasol) for starters

Jordan will develop in a few years - and people will talk about him...
He is super young - keep that in mind.

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 03:16 AM

Bynum started taking over when an unknown 6'9 rookie PF and Brian Cook were guarding him. When DJ was on him he got locked the fu** up.

Theoo's Daddy
12-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Playing with CP3 will make him look better bro.. :oldlol:

28renyoy
He's trash. People overrate him/his potential because he's really tall/long and athletic which leads to really nice highlights. But they are just highlights, when he's not dunk/blocking shots he's trash.

Guy put up 6 points and 6 rebounds tonight which led to people acting like he dominated. Perkins put up 8/8/2 in less minutes vs the Mavs the other night, I guess he's on his way to being 2nd team all NBA

Clippersfan86
This guy is easily 7ft 2 plus, freak of an athlete with very long arms. His inside the paint presence on both ends of the floor (especially defensively) was very apparent in tonights game. With the Clippers great point guard play in CP3 and Billups, he should be be even more of a threat offensively.

How good of a shot does he have at making the ASG this year? (assuming he stays healthy).. Clippers with 3 All-Stars? :eek:

DeAndre is just under 7 ft tall. He just seems 7'2 because he's got the 2nd best standing reach in the NBA after McGee... and the 3rd best wingspan after McGee and Bynum. Dude was well worth his contract if he keeps this up.

He had 6 points, 6 rebounds, 4 nasty blocks and was an incredible force on D when it came to altering shots. I'm amazed that he only picked up 3 fouls. His man D looked much improved.

I've been saying since the CP3 trade that people are sleeping on DJ.

dbugz
12-20-2011, 03:18 AM
This guy is easily 7ft 2 plus, freak of an athlete with very long arms. His inside the paint presence on both ends of the floor (especially defensively) was very apparent in tonights game. With the Clippers great point guard play in CP3 and Billups, he should be be even more of a threat offensively.

Hornets' Tyson Chandler 2.0

Kobe Face
Bynum started taking over when an unknown 6'9 rookie PF and Brian Cook were guarding him. When DJ was on him he got locked the fu** up.

dj didnt lock anythin up hahahah bynum powered his way through 3 guys whenever he felt like it.

Clippersfan86

Playing with CP3 makes you a dominant defensive player? :facepalm

Tinseltime17
DeAndre Jordan will be Chris Paul's Tyson Chandler.

Hornets' Tyson Chandler 2.0
:applause: You said it before I did.

abuC
Perfect compliment to Blake.

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 03:19 AM
He's trash. People overrate him/his potential because he's really tall/long and athletic which leads to really nice highlights. But they are just highlights, when he's not dunk/blocking shots he's trash.

Guy put up 6 points and 6 rebounds tonight which led to people acting like he dominated

You're obsessed with stats dude. 6, 6 and 4 blocks with tons of altered shots in 27 minutes is insane production. He's a better defender than Perkins... that's all you need to know.

ImmortalD24
From what I saw (only caught the 2nd half onwards), he looked HUGE on the defensive end.. Bynum looked awful going against him 1on1. Most of Bynum's buckets came during garbage play with DeAndre out.

Kobe Face
You're obsessed with stats dude. 6, 6 and 4 blocks with tons of altered shots in 27 minutes is insane production. He's a better defender than Perkins... that's all you need to know.

overrated

Kobe Face
12-20-2011, 03:20 AM
From what I saw (only caught the 2nd half onwards), he looked HUGE on the defensive end.. Bynum looked awful going against him 1on1.

bynum easily outplayed him. dude was a straight up beast download. 3 guys couldnt outpower him.

28renyoy

:roll:

Clippersfan86
From what I saw (only caught the 2nd half onwards), he looked HUGE on the defensive end.. Bynum looked awful going against him 1on1.

Bynum started filling it up when we had a 6'9 240 pound undrafted PF and Brian Cook on him. They started having to hack him and send him to the line a lot.

SpecialQue
I didn't see him do anything differently today than I saw him do last season.

That said, having CP3 and Billups on this team is going to make him look amazing. Maybe a breakout year for him.

AMISTILLILL
With the Clippers hype, I can see an argument being made for him receiving an All Star nod this season. Is it entirely deserved? Probably not, no. If he continues to sky for rebounds and be on the receiving end of highlight reel lobs, his 'fan favorite' status will increase his chances. CP3 will make him and Griffin household names.

Not that he isn't a great player and a tremendous athlete... I just think there are other players at this position more deserving of All Star considerations. Although the season hasn't even started yet... he's got a lot of chances to prove naysayers wrong.

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 03:21 AM
With the Clippers hype, I can see an argument being made for him receiving an All Star nod this season. Is it entirely deserved? Probably not, no. If he continues to sky for rebounds and be on the receiving end of highlight reel lobs, his 'fan favorite' status will increase his chances. CP3 will make him and Griffin household names.

Not that he isn't a great player and a tremendous athlete... I just think there are other players at this position more deserving of All Star considerations. Although the season hasn't even started yet... he's got a lot of chances to prove naysayers wrong.

Doubt he makes all star team but a 10 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks player with huge defensive impact= worth 10 mill a year. Definitely superior to Kendrick Perkins.

Kobe Face
12-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Bynum started filling it up when we had a 6'9 240 pound undrafted PF and Brian Cook on him. They started having to hack him and send him to the line a lot.

all stats by jordan were from blocking 6'1 unathletic white guys and a rookie 2nd round draft pick darius morris. anyone can look bad the way u put sht into perspective.

The Macho Man
12-20-2011, 03:22 AM
DeAndre is just under 7 ft tall. He just seems 7'2 because he's got the 2nd best standing reach in the NBA after McGee... and the 3rd best wingspan after McGee and Bynum. Dude was well worth his contract if he keeps this up.

He had 6 points, 6 rebounds, 4 nasty blocks and was an incredible force on D when it came to altering shots. I'm amazed that he only picked up 3 fouls. His man D looked much improved.

I feel bad for comparing him to Mcgee. Jordan is actually a good player.

A.M.G.
12-20-2011, 03:23 AM
While he is definitely not 7'2, he is close to a legit 7 feet, and with his athleticism and Chris Paul handling him, and with post defenders worrying about Blake, Jordan will make the Clippers look smart for matching.

Clippersfan86
I didn't see him do anything differently today than I saw him do last season.

That said, having CP3 and Billups on this team is going to make him look amazing. Maybe a breakout year for him.

What he did differently is not foul! LOL. Look at the guys PER 36 in his career. It's like 10 rebounds, 3 blocks. If he could keep playing smart on D like this... and not fouling he's going to be way better than last year. Bynum and Gasol are as imposing as any starting PF/C combo in the league if not the best. If he can stay out of foul trouble against them of all combos.. he's gonna be good.

AMISTILLILL
Doubt he makes all star team but a 10 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks player with huge defensive impact= worth 10 mill a year. Definitely superior to Kendrick Perkins.

In a world where AI has seriously lackluster seasons (compared to his previous outings) and still gets All Star nominations, anything is possible when casual fans are allowed to vote for household names and fan faves.

Tinseltime17
:roll:
Well that really isn't that big of a stretch to say. Perkins is a great post defender but he is not really a defensive anchor. I mean does Perkins really block shots and intimidate the paint? I always said that Bynum at full health was a better defender than Perkins was.

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 03:24 AM
all stats by jordan were from blocking 6'1 unathletic white guys and a rookie 2nd round draft pick darius morris. anyone can look bad the way u put sht into perspective.

I don't remember Bynum scoring on DJ more than once or twice. DJ's length and aggressiveness on D bothered him big time. Sad you have to resort to denial.

AMISTILLILL
12-20-2011, 03:25 AM

Also, I think it's a little too soon to put him above Perkins. I think it's an unfair comparison altogether, since Perk has yet to have a full, productive season with OKC yet. An argument can be made that a lot of his defense was due to working in tandem with a guy like KG for a few seasons.

With that said, the new, leaner Perk will certainly be making waves in the OKC front court this season, for sure.

28renyoy
Well that really isn't that big of a stretch to say. Perkins is a great post defender but he is not really a defensive anchor. I mean does Perkins really block shots and intimidate the paint? I always said that Bynum at full health was a better defender than Perkins was.

DeAndre Jordan 1.3 BPG for his career
Kendrick Perkins 1.4 BPG for his career

Perkins just got done anchoring a defense that led the playoffs in defense, blocks, and rebounding. Jordan on the other hand?

ImmortalD24
CP3 will make him and Griffin household names.
Isn't Griffin already a household name?

Kobe Face
I don't remember Bynum scoring on DJ more than once or twice. DJ's length and aggressiveness on D bothered him big time. Sad you have to resort to denial.

bynum > jordan anyone who watched the game would tell u that, ur in denial kid

Clippersfan86

Bynum is twice the defender Perkins is. I just find it funny that Joyner is always bagging on non Thunder players as overrated.. and thinks Perkins is this huge impactful player... yet doesn't respect DeAndre because of his stats :roll: . Typical Joyner hypocrisy.

DirtySanchez
12-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Preseason game......:facepalm :facepalm

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 03:26 AM

I didn't say DJ>Bynum in general. In this game DJ gave him a lot of problems though.

AMISTILLILL
12-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Isn't Griffin already a household name?

I was exaggerating to a degree... I mostly meant on the same level as a Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, et al... obviously, that won't happen. Thus the exaggeration. :cheers:

AMISTILLILL
12-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Preseason game......:facepalm :facepalm

People get that it was a preseason game. It's still a relevant topic worth discussing, even without having an alarmist, sky-is-falling response to it.

SacJB Shady
12-20-2011, 03:30 AM

Jordan is a great dunker, but bynum is a more developed player and will put up better stats

Tinseltime17
12-20-2011, 03:32 AM

Perkins just got done anchoring a defense that led the playoffs in defense, blocks, and rebounding. Jordan on the other hand?
Did you factor in the minutes played? Plus DeAndre Jordan had twice as many bpg last season than Perkins did (1.8 vs. 0.9). I like using block percentage so that minutes won't matter that much. Jordan averages a 5.1 blk percentage rate in his career while Perkins averages a 4.9 blk percentage rate in his career. It is close but Jordan wins.

28renyoy
12-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Did you factor in the minutes played? Plus DeAndre Jordan had twice as many bpg last season than Perkins did (1.8 vs. 0.9). I like using block percentage so that minutes won't matter that much. Jordan averages a 5.1 blk percentage rate in his career while Perkins averages a 4.9 blk percentage rate in his career. It is close but Jordan wins.

Perkins came off MAJOR knee surgery last season and was way out of shape, hence his major decline in blocks/rebounding. He is back to his usual self now

AMISTILLILL
12-20-2011, 03:34 AM

As a Celtics fan, KG was most definitely the primary anchor in that Boston defense. The two of them worked seamlessly together but KG definitely had the biggest impact. Not to mention the "psychological"/intangibles aspect of that Boston front line.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-20-2011, 03:35 AM
I didn't say DJ>Bynum in general. In this game DJ gave him a lot of problems though.

DJ taking after Bill Russell :bowdown:

Dude is gonna be a defensive monster/rebounder this year.

28renyoy
12-20-2011, 03:35 AM
As a Celtics fan, KG was most definitely the primary anchor in that Boston defense. The two of them worked seamlessly together but KG definitely had the biggest impact. Not to mention the "psychological"/intangibles aspect of that Boston front line.

I was talking about him anchoring the Thunder's D which led the playoffs in defense, rebounding, and blocks....

brisbaneman
12-20-2011, 03:37 AM
Young defensive minded center who goes for the shot block.

I don't get the Chandler comparison as they play nothing alike.

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 03:38 AM
I was talking about him anchoring the Thunder's D which led the playoffs in defense, rebounding, and blocks....

Ibaka was a much bigger reason for that than Perkins dude. Also we can't forget Perkins is in what his 8th season? DJ is a 4th year player who only started playing big minutes last year. Not only was his PER 36 better... but he's clearly better at altering shots with his length/athleticism. I'm willing to bet you right now DJ is going to be a better defensive anchor than Perkins starting THIS YEAR.

28renyoy
12-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Ibaka was a much bigger reason for that than Perkins dude. Also we can't forget Perkins is in what his 8th season? DJ is a 4th year player who only started playing big minutes last year. Not only was his PER 36 better... but he's clearly better at altering shots with his length/athleticism. I'm willing to bet you right now DJ is going to be a better defensive anchor than Perkins starting THIS YEAR.

Perkins was coming off MAJOR knee surgery, something that kept Blake Griffin out for an entire year. Perkins on the other hand was back after 6 months. He was nowhere near healthy last season but now he is back to his 2007-10 dominant form.

Jordan averages the same amount of blocks as healthy Perkins while playing trash man defense, whereas Perkins is probably the best man defender in the league at center

ImmortalD24
12-20-2011, 03:41 AM

Ah, my mistake about the height. I should edit that out. lol

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Perkins was coming off MAJOR knee surgery, something that kept Blake Griffin out for an entire year. Perkins on the other hand was back after 6 months. He was nowhere near healthy last season but now he is back to his 2007-10 dominant form.

Jordan averages the same amount of blocks as healthy Perkins while playing trash man defense, whereas Perkins is probably the best man defender in the league at center

I guess we'll see what happens this season. Just don't get why you'd call him trash when his numbers PER 36 are very similar, almost identical like you showed. I understand Perkins is a better man defender... but DJ is also better at altering shots in the paint. Neither are trash.

All Net
12-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Alot better.

(e)
12-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Playing along side Paul, Billups and even Blake will make him look way better than he is. But he's pretty solid complement to those guys.

I don't think he's shown enough to be considered anything more than an average center though, and he's about to become extremely overrated because of CP

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Playing along side Paul, Billups and even Blake will make him look way better than he is. But he's pretty solid complement to those guys.

I don't think he's shown enough to be considered anything more than an average center though, and he's about to become extremely overrated because of CP

I don't get this excuse. He actually had less rebounds and points than his season average last year tonight with CP3. Chris Paul didn't get him 4 blocks, altering tons of shots and staying out of foul trouble. That had nothing to do with CP3 :no:

amare68
12-20-2011, 04:20 AM
they gna have their own highlights on espn

(e)
12-20-2011, 04:24 AM
I don't get this excuse. He actually had less rebounds and points than his season average last year WITHOUT CP3. Chris Paul didn't get him 4 blocks, altering tons of shots and staying out of foul trouble. That had nothing to do with CP3 :no:
Wtf are you talking about? A preseason game?

1 preseason game? Gtfo here with that.

What's next? Joe Johnson sucks because he only had 6 points tonight.

Dude it's preseason. DJ is average at best since he's strictly one dimensional, his offensive game is still raw and hasn't improved a whole lot since his days at A&M. He's going to get tons of easy buckets because of CP and Billups and become extremely overrated because of it.

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Wtf are you talking about? A preseason game?

1 preseason game? Gtfo here with that.

What's next? Joe Johnson sucks because he only had 6 points tonight.

Dude it's preseason. DJ is average at best since he's strictly one dimensional, his offensive game is still raw and hasn't improved a whole lot since his days at A&M. He's going to get tons of easy buckets because of CP and Billups and become extremely overrated because of it.

Let's see if you're still talking in a month. I'm going to remember your name chump and remind you of all the trash you talked. Just don't cry about me trolling or annoying you when I'm telling you all the junk you said that was proven wrong. 1 preseason game or not... DJ always fouls out guarding Bynum and Gasol. Not today.

(e)
12-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Let's see if you're still talking in a month. I'm going to remember your name chump and remind you of all the trash you talked. Just don't cry about me trolling or annoying you when I'm telling you all the junk you said that was proven wrong. 1 preseason game or not... DJ always fouls out guarding Bynum and Gasol. Not today.

Lol shut up clown.

I said the dude was a solid complement to the guys he is around. But he's nothing more than an average center. Potential to be a Tyson Chandler type of player.

alenleomessi
12-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Well from the one preseason game it looked like everyone from the Clippers except Griffin will look better with CP3

Clippersfan86
12-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Lol shut up clown.

I said the dude was a solid complement to the guys he is around. But he's nothing more than an average center. Potential to be a Tyson Chandler type of player.

Exactly. Tyson Chandler is a good player not an average one. DJ is a good player not an average one. You guys have Noah.. I'd think you understand the value of a scrappy, defensive anchor type center.

(e)
12-20-2011, 04:37 AM
Exactly. Tyson Chandler is a good player not an average one. DJ is a good player not an average one. You guys have Noah.. I'd think you understand the value of a scrappy, defensive anchor type center.
I said potential to be that type of player, I didn't say he was on the same level of Tyson right now.

DJ is no Noah right now either man. Sure he's got the potential to be on the same level, but 1 preseason game doesn't mean jack shitt

PTB Fan
12-20-2011, 05:25 AM
DeAndre will likely be like Tyson Chandler expect, i can see him blocking more shots.

bluechox2
12-20-2011, 05:35 AM
hes gonna get so many lobs it aint funny, clips dynasty has begun

DRose1899
12-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Gonna be great defensive anchor and serviceable center IMO, not gonna average 18-20ppg but 10-14PPG with just strong finishing is good.

RoseCity07
12-20-2011, 05:42 AM
There is a reason he fell so far in the draft. He isn't very skilled. Still he is perfect for the Clippers right now. Super athletic freak and can catch lobs from Chris Paul.

Poormans Dwight Howard.

OmniStrife
12-20-2011, 05:44 AM
I like our Gortat more atm

MASH Transit
12-20-2011, 06:33 AM
He didn't score a single point outside of the paint last season. That should tell you how good he is.

He's nothing more than an athletic role player.

Doranku
12-20-2011, 07:04 AM
I don't know, but dude acts like he's the shit. :oldlol: Roaring at the crowd and pounding his chest after every point he scores... it's the preseason bruh.

Relax. :facepalm

GreatHILL
12-20-2011, 07:28 AM
very dumb player

Doctor Rivers
12-20-2011, 07:47 AM
DeAndre Jordan Abdul Jabbar Chamberlain Russell

12-20-2011, 11:34 AM
With the last name "Jordan" it's his obligation to be good.

Smoke117
12-20-2011, 12:00 PM
He's the definition of "raw". Shit I remember talking about him with a friend when he was coming up in the draft a couple years ago now. It's good that his heros are Bill Russell and Marcus Camby because that is the type of things he is going to need to bring to the Clippers: defense, rebounding, and easy buckets. I don't think he can ever be a reliable scorer. Some kids just don't have it, no matter how hard you work it's just not going to happen. Frankly I don't think thats a problem beyond the fact that he has to at least get up to being a post 50% ft shooter.

fefe
12-20-2011, 12:07 PM
I found a pretty interesting article on exactly this:
How good is Jordan, and how bad is the contract he got:

DeAndre Jordan Blind Taste Test
by Tom Ziller • Dec 11, 2011 11:37 AM EST

Let's do a blind taste test on DeAndre Jordan's $40 million offer sheet from the Golden State Warriors. Below are the stats of two 22-year-olds. One is Jordan, the other is revealed below the jump.

PLAYER A: Per 36 minutes, 10 points, 10.1 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 4.5 fouls. 68 percent shooting from the floor, 45 percent shooting from the line. 14.8 PER.

PLAYER B: Per 36 minutes, 14.2 points, 13.4 rebounds, 1.9 blocks and 4.6 fouls. 57 percent shooting from the floor, 55 percent shooting from the line. 19.1 PER.

Player A is Jordan. Player B would be a 22-year-old Andris Biedrins, who happens to now be midway through a six-year, $54 million contract that pays him a salary of $9 million a year and is widely considered to be an albatross to the point that it had been believed that Golden State would eat the remaining $27 million on the deal to use the amnesty clause on the Latvian to make room for Jordan. (Instead, the Warriors will use amnesty on Charlie Bell to create enough room for Jordan, and will likely seek to trade Biedrins.)

Maybe Jordan won't fall off the face of the Earth caddying for Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis. Or maybe he'll follow Biedrins' sad footsteps. Can't knock the Warriors for spinning the roulette wheel again.

Pointguard
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
He's good enough that Orlando would have to get Bynum and Gasol in a trade because I would rather DJ than either one of them alone. He changes that whole trade scenario.

B
12-20-2011, 12:51 PM
He's good enough that Orlando would have to get Bynum and Gasol in a trade because I would rather DJ than either one of them alone. He changes that whole trade scenario.What?

Pointguard
12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=B

qrich
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Jordan is going to be a premier defensive center in the league, but his offensive game is going to be far from polished. If he can end up being a mini-Ratliff type, I would be ecstatic.

B
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm not saying he's better than either one now, but the chances of building with Bynum alone or Gasol alone are much more riskier than DJ. Gasol alone is useless. Bynum isn't that great in the head department, is a loose canon and who knows about his injuries. You can have DJ for 12 years.
Aha. I see. DJ isn't a build around guy either at this time far from it but they don't have to with Griffin. I think the only thing they'll regret is that contract size and length. He's a solid role player and if he doesn't improve they might feel stuck with him but that's what the Clippers had to do to secure him after GSW drove the price up.

no pun intended
12-20-2011, 04:15 PM
I keep thinking that we are talking about Mbenga everytime I hear DJ...:(

AirTupac
05-12-2012, 01:03 AM

DAMN LOL :lol :lol

gtfomyface
05-12-2012, 01:07 AM
wow dj locking up bynum, arguably the best offensive center in the league, how are the clippers struggling when they are this STACKED? :bowdown:

Al Thornton
05-12-2012, 01:14 AM
negro gave his minutes to martin and he lost all confidence. it sucks. 2011 jordan was looking like a top 10 defensive anchor.

Clippersfan86
05-12-2012, 01:20 AM
DAMN LOL :lol :lol

I was wrong obviously. Cool. :applause:

TaLvsCuaL
05-12-2012, 02:03 AM
How good is Marc Gasol? :coleman:

Clippersfan86
05-12-2012, 02:05 AM
How good is Marc Gasol? :coleman:

Extremely.

FreezingTsmoove
10-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Now shooting 1-12 at the free throw line this preseason

CavaliersFTW
10-11-2012, 06:16 PM
He's a freak of an athlete with very long arms at around 7 feet. His inside the paint presence on both ends of the floor (especially defensively) was very apparent in tonights game. With the Clippers great point guard play in CP3 and Billups, he should be be even more of a threat offensively.

He has a freak wingspan but he isn't "around 7 feet"... he's 6-9.75... 7-6 wingspan tho :eek:

Clippersfan86
10-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Now shooting 1-12 at the free throw line this preseason

REALLY disappointing man. All the hard work with shooting coaches and Griffin+DJ are still mentally shook when it comes to free throws. It's going to really hurt their game and confidence if they don't fix it. In fact Clippers lost to the Heat partially because of freaking 16 missed free throws. Hit even 12-13 of those and you lose by 1-2 points despite playing like trash otherwise. Free throws cost the Clippers BIG last year and it will again if they don't grow some nuts and wake up.

Heavincent
10-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Ridiculously overpaid.

Clippersfan86
10-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Ridiculously overpaid.

Yup, until proven otherwise (if). His offense looks much improved but nobody cares about his offense. We care about his free throw shooting and defense :banghead: .

TheMarkMadsen
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM

This guy has been in the league since 03 :facepalm

Played with the Clippers in 2010.

Learn about your team

Clippersfan86
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM
This guy has been in the league since 03 :facepalm

Played with the Clippers in 2010.

Learn about your team

I said AND Brian Cook, not Brian Cook. Not a single player on the Clippers 2010 roster was a Laker at the time of this thread so you gotta shore up that comprehension brah.

chips93
10-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Perfect compliment to Blake.

:kobe:

griffin would fare better with somebody who can shoot

Clippersfan86
10-12-2012, 12:09 PM
:kobe:

griffin would fare better with somebody who can shoot

Naw I think a defensive anchor pairing (what they hope they have with DJ) is still better. A player like Tyson Chandler/Marcus Camby would compliment Blake better than let's say Al Jefferson.

chips93
10-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Naw I think a defensive anchor pairing (what they hope they have with DJ) is still better. A player like Tyson Chandler/Marcus Camby would compliment Blake better than let's say Al Jefferson.

i guess there just arent many centers, that can cover both of blake's big weaknesses (shooting and defense)

Clippersfan86
10-12-2012, 01:00 PM
i guess there just arent many centers, that can cover both of blake's big weaknesses (shooting and defense)

Which is why it's up to him to improve those. Griffin shot 3-4 from midrange vs heat other day so let's just give it time. He's also been very very solid defensively in two preseason games. Post game looks much more refined. In fact the only real problem he's having is free throw shooting still. First preseason game he didn't play well but vs Heat he had 18 scoring purely off midrange jumpers and post moves.

All in all Griffin has improved a lot this summer but if he wants to become one of the true elite he NEEDS to hit free throws. He's not dominant enough like Shaq to where he can shoot 50 percent from the line and still dominate and score 30 ppg. For Griffin his missed free throws are literally costing him more than 3 ppg.

Griffin needs CP3 on the floor at this early stage of his development. Not because CP3 feeds him or "makes him" but more so because CP3 draws so much of the defense that Griffin has a bit more breathing room to learn the timing and nuances of things.

Heavincent
10-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Yup, until proven otherwise (if). His offense looks much improved but nobody cares about his offense. We care about his free throw shooting and defense :banghead: .

There are plenty of other big men throughout the league that are really overpaid too, if it makes you feel any better.

Clippersfan86
10-12-2012, 01:16 PM
There are plenty of other big men throughout the league that are really overpaid too, if it makes you feel any better.

Naw it doesn't lol. DJ is the most frustrating Clippers player because his issues are easily correctable. He has the 2nd best wingspan and 1st best standing reach in the NBA after Javale McGee last I saw. He does NOT need to jump at everything. Stand there, put your hands up and rotate on defense.

Most shot blocks are done on the ground coaches say. With his physical tools he needs to watch Tyson Chandler footage religiously and stop trying to be something he can't. Stop working on Hakeem post moves... and work on little things like reading pump fakes and not jumping at every post move.

I<3NBA
10-12-2012, 04:15 PM
liability. damn. this guy needs to learn to shoot free throws at a better clip.

and he really should stop biting on pump fakes. he has very long arms he can just stand and hold up his arms and the ball will block itself on his arms or hands. no need to jump.

brandonislegend
10-12-2012, 04:20 PM
"if you left deandre in a gym and told him to score as many points as he could without dunking, in the morning he would have 6 points" -Charles Barkley

magic chiongson
10-12-2012, 04:21 PM
who'd you take, deandre jordan or javale mcgee?

senelcoolidge
10-13-2012, 04:37 AM

That's like comparing two rocks. They both have the basketball intelligence of rocks. DJ has good people around him. Now that McGee is out of Washington he should get more serious.

ihatetimthomas
10-13-2012, 04:49 AM
That's like comparing two rocks. They both have the basketball intelligence of rocks. DJ has good people around him. Now that McGee is out of Washington he should get more serious.

It's actually no comparison at all. Give me McGee all day every day. He actually utilizes his physical tools and length to make a real impact on the game. Deandre has not improved much since entering the league. He just doesn't seem to get it. He doesn't seem like be thinks out there on the floor. There is a reason he was getting benched for reggie evans and kmart. Lucky for him he is young but he hasn't shown me anything that he is going to get much better, McGee even in Washington was a better player and in Denver he showed he is far superior.

veilside23
10-13-2012, 09:35 AM
cant teach height but the collins brothers were better than this guy back in the day...

poor DJ he could have been at least half of what d12 is now.. if only he had a brain :D

SyRyanYang
10-13-2012, 09:38 AM
:biggums: