PDA

View Full Version : Air Jordan XI Retro Concords spark arrests, fights

jstern
12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I personally would never wait in line.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/air-jordan-xi-retro-concords-sparks-arrests-fights-frenzied-shoppers-article-1.996181

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 05:57 PM
I tried going to the mall right as they opened this morning but people had been in line for 3-4 hours apparently, completely sold out.

Fug that.

I love those shoes and really need a new pair of kicks to play in but no way I'm lining up for anything in the dead of December.

Nike should just give these shoes a damn proper re-release with ample supply, no one wants any of your new fugly designs.

wang4three
12-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Shoe collecting is overrated.

DirtySanchez
12-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Got them from here yesterday at 3pm PST.

crookedtounge.com

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Shoe collecting is overrated.

The other thing that sorta pisses me off is all those nerds/fashion dweebs snatching up every damn pair.

At least leave some for some people who like actually play basketball.

I've been trying to get a pair of XIs for years and I'm not willing to spend friggin' $400 on a pair of sneakers.

Also some friggin' recession. People macing each other on Black Friday, lining up hours for $180 sneakers, iPhones, iPads, etc. etc.

Deuce Bigalow
12-23-2011, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBOkrTJoLGM&feature=player_embedded

Glide2keva
12-23-2011, 06:06 PM
I remember those shoes. I was working at the united Center for the Jordan number retirement ceremony. Myself and my friends were selected to work the rehearsals with the celebs.

After the 2-day rehearsals were done, Nike gave all the celebs a pair of those exact shoes (before they hit the streets months later), they asked us for our sizes and then our GM came in and said we couldn't take the shoes.

I've only bought one pair of Jordan's in my lifetime, and we were about to get some for free and my boss put the brakes on that action.

We were so pissed.

DirtySanchez
12-23-2011, 06:07 PM

Why would you have your lil kids out the late any how (Lil girl getting stomped on)....bad parenting.

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 06:09 PM
I had the originals when they first came out. I remember being on the fence between the Jordan XIs and Penny Hardaways ... but when I saw them in person the XIs looked so much cooler.

F*ck Nike for dolling them out like this, they know damn well they're going to cause a riot. I don't buy that their slave labour factory in China couldn't pump out 2x-3x more stock.

Fatal9
12-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Meanwhile at Michael Jordan's house...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2011/11/02/michaeljordanlol_1.gif

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Why would you have your lil kids out the late any how (Lil girl getting stomped on)....bad parenting.

Embarrassing for sure.

Scholar
12-23-2011, 06:52 PM
I like that the NBA Forum is having a more civilized discussion about this, compared to the OTC. :oldlol:

tomtucker
12-23-2011, 06:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eau3RoxGN8E

the uncut version

MooseJuiceBowen
12-23-2011, 07:20 PM

the uncut version

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Asukal
12-23-2011, 08:07 PM

the uncut version

Jordan stans!!!!! :roll:

Tenchi Ryu
12-23-2011, 08:15 PM

the uncut version
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

pauk
12-23-2011, 08:31 PM
damn and i think those were the ugliest Jordans

Tenchi Ryu
12-23-2011, 08:33 PM
damn and i think those were the ugliest Jordans
Those are the Jordans that saved the galaxy from the threat known as the Mon-Stars.

Nevaeh
12-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Air Jordan XI Retro Concords spark arrests, fights

Bu Bu Bu.......Jordan hasn't been relevant for 14 years :rolleyes:

pauk
12-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Those are the Jordans that saved the galaxy from the threat known as the Mon-Stars.

ah right... then i get it :D

d.bball.guy
12-23-2011, 09:02 PM
I think those were the shoes I had when I was 5-6 yrs old.

ConanRulesNBC
12-23-2011, 09:42 PM
I was thinking about buying these today but changed my mind when I hear the playoff retro 7's are coming out next year. These are cool but I'd want the playoff black and red ones more.

Anyways, this is crazy hearing about all of the fights. Don't any of the people there own computers?? The last pair of Jordans I bought were the playoff retro 8's in 2007. I went to Finishline the morning they came out but they were sold out so I went online to easbay and ordered a pair with no problem.

ConanRulesNBC
12-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I had the originals when they first came out. I remember being on the fence between the Jordan XIs and Penny Hardaways ... but when I saw them in person the XIs looked so much cooler.

F*ck Nike for dolling them out like this, they know damn well they're going to cause a riot. I don't buy that their slave labour factory in China couldn't pump out 2x-3x more stock.

Exactly. But that's how retail works. They know these shoes are going to be popular so they don't release a ton of them and on top of the shoes already being so popular they label them limited edition so people have to go out and line up. It's ridiculous.

I love shoes and especially Jordans but I don't "collect". The last pair I bought was in 2007 and I might get a pair next year. But I actually wear them. I don't have boxes full of Jordans just laying around and part of my collection. Collecting shoes is so stupid.

ConanRulesNBC
12-23-2011, 09:50 PM

the uncut version

Holy crap. Where are the people who always say "racist" right now? I got called a racist because I said a lot of NBA players get busted for doing drugs. This is just... wow.

thejumpa
12-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Not surprised. People go ****ing crazy for J's around here. There was a huggggeeee line at Champs last night. Thought about copping a couple pairs but I think I'm gonna wait for the Black/Red/White colorway and Christmas LBJ's. Oh boy.

32jazz
12-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Bu Bu Bu.......Jordan hasn't been relevant for 14 years :rolleyes:

Hasn't been relevant on a bball court dude. What does strange sneaker fetishes have to do with actual basketball?

:facepalm And we wonder why the top 1% has been taking advantage of the rest of the idiot 99% for the past 30 years.

Why they(1%) have gotten richer and we(99%) have gotten poorer.

ConanRulesNBC
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Not surprised. People go ****ing crazy for J's around here. There was a huggggeeee line at Champs last night. Thought about copping a couple pairs but I think I'm gonna wait for the Black/Red/White colorway and Christmas LBJ's. Oh boy.

When are those coming out? If I were to get those I would go online at midnight to eastbay and place my order. I really want the retro 7's that are supposed to come out next year.

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm in a predominantly white, wealthy neighbourhood and there were lineups at 3-4 AM here for what it's worth.

Otherwise I'd have a pair right now :(

While there weren't any riots, yeah this shoe is the holy grail ... it pisses me off Nike makes so few pairs. Damn you 15-18 year olds ... go buy LeBrons or something for crying out loud, let us old fogies relive our youth.

No one wants these fugly ass Kobes and LeBrons and even the newer Jordans are weird. Why can't Nike make the one friggin' model that everyone wants?

The black/red AJXIs are nice too, but there's something about the white/black in person it just stands out a lot.

ConanRulesNBC
12-23-2011, 10:04 PM

That probably is his real reaction. As great of a basketball player he is he seems like a huge a**hole in real life.

He's the one who was on Oprah with Charles Barkley and Barkley told the story of how one day Barkley and Jordan are walking down a street and a homeless guy asks for some money and Barkley gave him some and Jordan refused and said if the guy is good enough to talk he's good enough to get a job at McDonalds.

Jackass.

Funnyfuka
12-23-2011, 10:09 PM
extreme materialism. It s about time a deep long lasting economic depression hits the whole planet and some basic realities get reminded to most.

ConanRulesNBC
12-23-2011, 10:13 PM
extreme materialism. It s about time a deep long lasting economic depression hits the whole planet and some basic realities get reminded to most.

I don't want a great depression but you're right. We're in this mess because of extreme materialism.

I mean I love Jordans and nice clothes and video games but I realize I don't have to have them.

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Shoe collectors/fetishists is a real weird sub-culture too.

I got a real dirty look from a girl after me and the employee at the Foot Locker were joking about how we'd never camp out for a sneaker.

I thought I'd be good just showing up when the mall opened, but guess not :P

I just wanted the shoes, not for my friggin' "collection" (last real pair of basketball sneakers I bought was like 4 years ago), but just because this is the one model that I've always liked and wished I could have again.

Now it looks like the only way to get a pair is to pay like $400 on eBay. **** that.

I wish eBay didn't exist.

NumberSix
12-23-2011, 10:38 PM
The other thing that sorta pisses me off is all those nerds/fashion dweebs snatching up every damn pair.

At least leave some for some people who like actually play basketball.
It's not the "nerds" and "dweebs" that are "snatching up every damn pair". It's the resellers.

Anyways, if it's playing ball you want them for, don't even bother. The quality of Jordan sneakers has DRASTICALLY gone down. They're more for casual wear than actually playing in.

Even if the quality was still as good as the originals, you're still better off playing in a pair of LeBron's or Kobe's. 2011 technology > 1995 technology.

Tenchi Ryu
12-23-2011, 10:41 PM
That probably is his real reaction. As great of a basketball player he is he seems like a huge a**hole in real life.

He's the one who was on Oprah with Charles Barkley and Barkley told the story of how one day Barkley and Jordan are walking down a street and a homeless guy asks for some money and Barkley gave him some and Jordan refused and said if the guy is good enough to talk he's good enough to get a job at McDonalds.

Jackass.
I'm sure you heard the infamous Chamillionaire story...

StarJordan
12-23-2011, 10:48 PM
a homeless guy asks for some money and Barkley gave him some and Jordan refused and said if the guy is good enough to talk he's good enough to get a job at McDonalds.

What he said was more like if you're able enough to go up to each person on the street and beg 'can you spare a dollar', you're able enough to say 'can i take your order please'.

And Jordan is EXACTLY right! Earn your dollar, don't BEG

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 10:49 PM
It's not the "nerds" and "dweebs" that are "snatching up every damn pair". It's the resellers.

Anyways, if it's playing ball you want them for, don't even bother. The quality of Jordan sneakers has DRASTICALLY gone down. They're more for casual wear than actually playing in.

Even if the quality was still as good as the originals, you're still better off playing in a pair of LeBron's or Kobe's. 2011 technology > 1995 technology.

I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of coin for the Kobe's. They look like a damn $70 crosstrainer with zero ankle support.

Gimme a freaking basketball shoe.

I'm probably just going to pass entirely on Nike now, and just get a cheaper pair of adidas' or something.

EDIT: To the post above to be honest you're better off not giving money to a homeless person. Buy them a cheeseburger if you're really concerned, but likely the money you give them is going direct to the liquor store or their drug dealer.

NumberSix
12-23-2011, 10:59 PM
I remember those shoes. I was working at the united Center for the Jordan number retirement ceremony. Myself and my friends were selected to work the rehearsals with the celebs.

After the 2-day rehearsals were done, Nike gave all the celebs a pair of those exact shoes (before they hit the streets months later)
If you're talking about him getting his number retired in 1994, Your story can't be true. The last Air Jordan MJ wore before the first retirement was the AJ8. The next year while he didn't play basketball the AJ9 came out. THEN the retirement ceremony happened around the time that the AJ10 came out, which is what he wore when he came back with the number 45 for the rest of the regular season. The next season (72-10) he wore the AJ11.

If you want to be exact, the ceremony was in November of 1994. The concord 11's released in November 1995.

Soundwave
12-23-2011, 11:06 PM
If you're talking about him getting his number retired in 1994, Your story can't be true. The last Air Jordan MJ wore before the first retirement was the AJ8. The next year while he didn't play basketball the AJ9 came out. THEN the retirement ceremony happened around the time that the AJ10 came out, which is what he wore when he came back with the number 45 for the rest of the regular season. The next season (72-10) he wore the AJ11.

If you want to be exact, the ceremony was in November of 1994. The concord 11's released in November 1995.

He's probably talking about the Xs but you're right that time line doesn't work.

Growing up I had the VIIIs (got them on clearance, didn't even realize they were Jordans, lol), IXs (white/black/red), Xs (white/black/carolina blue), and XIs (concords).

Didn't like the XIIs so I swtiched to the Penny Hardaways that year, lol. Those were the days.

I would've bought like 3-4 pairs of the originals XIs if I knew this was going to happen. The originals must be worth a fortune now.

jstern
12-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Holy crap. Where are the people who always say "racist" right now? I got called a racist because I said a lot of NBA players get busted for doing drugs. This is just... wow.
I was going to say it was racist, but decided to maybe it's best to let this thread die.

StarJordan
12-23-2011, 11:40 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/punches-pepper-spray-arrests-sneaker-stampedes-rage-u-s-article-1.996338

That looks like a white dude getting arrested over jordans not a black one...sneaker craze maybe more in black community than whites, but clearly plenty of white AJ collectors out there...its like saying basketball is only played by blacks just because 80% of nba maybe black

IGOTGAME
12-23-2011, 11:51 PM
What he said was more like if you're able enough to go up to each person on the street and beg 'can you spare a dollar', you're able enough to say 'can i take your order please'.

the guy could be mentally disabled etc...Jordan is a ignorant jackass. Everytime he speaks about managing a team or finances in general he sounds either retarded or like a puppet.

gengiskhan
12-24-2011, 12:13 AM
one of the rapist that rushed & was stampeded was Kobe Bean Bryant. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

StarJordan
12-24-2011, 12:26 AM
^haha

RoseCity07
12-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Tried online last night. Had 2 pairs in cart and still didn't get them. All the sites crashed. Then went at 4 am this morning. There were people hiding in the mall before it opened. So people actually broke in. Then when I got within 5 people of getting my shoes they sold out of all sizes. I've been bummed but then I started thinking about how silly all of this is. I donated 105 dollars to Doctors Without Borders today. Money better spent to help starving kids in Africa.

DuMa
12-24-2011, 01:07 AM
I knew they were gonna be in demand but not in that way. its not looking good for my wedding plans to wear Concord 11s for the reception. :(

NumberSix
12-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Tried online last night. Had 2 pairs in cart and still didn't get them. All the sites crashed. Then went at 4 am this morning. There were people hiding in the mall before it opened. So people actually broke in. Then when I got within 5 people of getting my shoes they sold out of all sizes. I've been bummed but then I started thinking about how silly all of this is. I donated 105 dollars to Doctors Without Borders today. Money better spent to help starving kids in Africa.
Don't be shocked if there's a restock. Nike has been doing that lately.

ConanRulesNBC
12-24-2011, 02:21 PM

Oh please. There are people out there with serious problems that can't work but just because they can speak they're some how supposed to be able to make a living?

This isn't me bashing Jordan the player. I love Jordan the player. He's the GOAT. But Jordan the person sounds like a dick.

shallehalle
12-24-2011, 02:40 PM

the uncut version
i'm dying right now :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

12-24-2011, 04:02 PM
If it wasn't for his basketball ability, Michael Jordan himself would've been working at McDonald's or some job like that.

Based on his bio (Driven from Within) and his family members, he was the laziest in the family and didn't like work.

305Baller
12-24-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.kmbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/0.jpg

12-24-2011, 04:21 PM

I 100% agree with this.

The only reason I had my sights set on the Concord was for sentimental reasons. I remember those concords were the shoes he wore when he lost to the Magic in the 95 ECSF. Then he won the title the next year (72 win season) with the same model. It's a complete circle.

12-24-2011, 04:40 PM
No news on how the Jordan 14s fared? It's the shoes MJ wore when he hit the last shot in 98.

No news stories on riots?

IGOTGAME
12-24-2011, 04:42 PM
No news on how the Jordan 14s fared? It's the shoes MJ wore when he hit the last shot in 98.

No news stories on riots?

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index.ssf/2011/12/jersey_city_man_stabbed_in_fre.html

12-24-2011, 04:46 PM
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index.ssf/2011/12/jersey_city_man_stabbed_in_fre.html

Thanks but this link is about the Concords.

I was asking about the XIVs which came out on December 17. eh I am lazy i will be google myself.

9erEmpire
12-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I will step on people's shoes if I see them wearing them.

Make it look like an accident.

StarJordan
12-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Oh please. There are people out there with serious problems that can't work but just because they can speak they're some how supposed to be able to make a living?

This isn't me bashing Jordan the player. I love Jordan the player. He's the GOAT. But Jordan the person sounds like a dick.

Does he not pay his taxes? Did he rob somebody? Is he not taking care of his mother? Is he leaving his kids hungry every night?

There are people out there with serious problems that can't work but just because they can speak they're some how supposed to be able to make a living?

So they have problems means its ok to BEG? And Michael Jordan's a dick because he doesn't agree with that approach?...hmm

StarJordan
12-24-2011, 05:43 PM
If it wasn't for his basketball ability, Michael Jordan himself would've been working at McDonald's or some job like that.

Michael Jordan took AP chemistry in high school WHILE being a spectacular basketball player....apart from being a super basketball player, he is also very intelligent and I guarantee he wouldn't be working at mcdonalds (which is still better than being a beggar) even if he never was a NBA player.

One of Jordan's brothers retired as a captain in the US army.

thejumpa
12-24-2011, 10:09 PM
When are those coming out? If I were to get those I would go online at midnight to eastbay and place my order. I really want the retro 7's that are supposed to come out next year.

I'm not sure when they come out. I'd guess they won't drop until at least mid-January. Maybe longer. Either way, that colorway is wayyyy better than the black/white colorway that everyone has.

Retro 7's? You talking about the playoff versions?

And yeah....MJ is my favorite player of all time but I lost a ton of respect for the guy after the Chamillionaire story. He's an asshole....worst part is is that it seems to be because he's rich and famous. Honestly, a part of me doesn't even wanna support the guy anymore....but his shoes are still fly as hell. Not gonna lie...

RoseCity07
12-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Just got these in the mail so I'm happy. My all time favorite shoe and colorway:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/IMAG0126.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/IMAG0127.jpg

Zackmorris
12-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm fine with my 00 and dmp Concords.

:roll: @ these riots

DStebb716
12-24-2011, 10:15 PM
One thing that baffles me is that they're the ugliest Jordan's I've ever seen.

Soundwave
12-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Nike is full of sh*t.

Release a proper supply of the AJXIs in both the white/black and black/red color ways. That's what everyone really wants.

No one wants any of your other sh*tty sneaker designs (cough, Kobe/LeBrons) aside from maybe a few other Jordan retros.

inclinerator
I will step on people's shoes if I see them wearing them.

Make it look like an accident.
they'll kill u if ur in the ghetto

Soundwave
One thing that baffles me is that they're the ugliest Jordan's I've ever seen.

You obviously don't remember the Air Jordan XV.

The AJ XI's look a lot nicer in person too.

LoneyROY7
12-24-2011, 10:22 PM
All Jordan had to do was make the sole's purple and millions of rabid people start trampling over each other to buy them. SMDH.

Those ghosts CF86 is hunting must be looking at this human foolishness and laughing hysterically.

Funnyfuka
12-24-2011, 10:54 PM
The atheist religion in all its glory. Worship of self and material goods.

Tenchi Ryu
12-24-2011, 10:59 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
http://thedailyvoice.com/voice/images/eddielongmirror2.jpg

Soundwave
12-24-2011, 10:59 PM

Yes, because obviously only atheists wear Air Jordans and buy iPads and iPhones etc. etc. etc. :oldlol:

Nevaeh
12-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Yes, because obviously only atheists wear Air Jordans and buy iPads and iPhones etc. etc. etc. :oldlol:

This Jordan shoe thing is really f@cking with Kobe Fan's heads it seems. If it makes you feel any better, just know that your Hero loves Air Jordans too:

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/2d9qpn8.jpg

Wonder who he trampled over to get to those kicks ;)

ConanRulesNBC
12-25-2011, 02:55 AM
StarJordan, I'm not bashing MJ the player. I'm saying he just sounds like an a**hole in real life.

I mean really. Why get offended over that? Get off your knees and quit blowing MJ and realize there's a difference between the player and the person and the person is a dick.

Iraqnback
12-25-2011, 03:00 AM

So true......SAD but true :facepalm :banghead:

StarJordan
12-25-2011, 03:12 AM
I mean really. Why get offended over that? Get off your knees and quit blowing MJ and realize there's a difference between the player and the person and the person is a dick.

You rationale for judging him as a person is consistent with your rationalization for people begging on the streets. stop begging for money on the streets and stop blaming michael jordan if your life sucks.

ConanRulesNBC
12-25-2011, 03:33 AM
He has millions of dollars. He couldn't give the guy $5 to get something to eat? That's being an a**hole.

Tenchi Ryu
12-25-2011, 03:38 AM
He has millions of dollars. He couldn't give the guy $5 to get something to eat? That's being an a**hole.
Yea that is kinda messed up. Mike can literally use 5 dollars to wipe his own ass, it shouldn't hurt him that much.

I understand that you don't want people eventually seeing you as a money pot...but come on...5 bucks?

StarJordan
12-25-2011, 02:59 PM
I understand that you don't want people eventually seeing you as a money pot...but come on...5 bucks?

^http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/30/michael-jordan-donates_n_699583.html

Not 5 dollars, he gave quarter a million dollars. But for RIGHT cause .

Nevaeh
12-25-2011, 03:59 PM

The way I remember the story, is that Charles and Jordan were walking up the street, when the man came up to them and asked for some money. Charles pulled out money first and gave it to the guy (Charles would sometimes pick up the check when him and Jordan would go out to eat as well).

As they were walking away from the guy, Jordan asked Chuck "why did you give that dude money?" Charles responded "because he asked me for it". That's when Jordan said "If he can open his mouth to ask for money, he can open his mouth to say "Welcome to McDonalds can I help you".

Most people know about Jordan's dark sense of humor, and was most likely saying it as a joke. He didn't say it in the guy's face, as it's been implied. Plus, it wasn't like the guy went away empty handed either.

Not defending Jordan, just putting what happened in proper context.

chicity89
12-25-2011, 04:07 PM

the uncut version

+1 :applause:

GiveItToBurrito
12-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm amazed people went through all of this, and I say that as a huge fan of the shoes. Anyone know why Nike doesn't keep them in circulation year round or something? Those shoes are classics and maybe the most iconic ones he put out and everyone loves them. It's like they just don't like money.