PDA

View Full Version : Ebanks and McBob Starters For Lakers

upside24
12-23-2011, 11:45 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/23/devin-ebanks-josh-mcroberts-are-your-lakers-starters/related/
I'm not sure if there is a thread about this already or not. Ebanks will start over Barnes and Metta while McRoberts will play the 4. Gasol will play center during Bynum's suspension.

Edit: This is a temporary lineup due to the suspension.

IGOTGAME
12-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Lakers go 4-0. Ebanks gets buckets. McBob gets lobs...

longtime lurker
12-23-2011, 11:46 PM
What type of player is Ebanks? It could be a good move for Mike Brown, ughh Derek Fisher is still starting :facepalm

The Macho Man
12-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Mike Brown:bowdown:

RazorBaLade
12-23-2011, 11:49 PM
What type of player is Ebanks? It could be a good move for Mike Brown, ughh Derek Fisher is still starting :facepalm

heavier ariza imo

upside24
12-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Ebanks is a very smooth player and reminds me of Ariza. He even looks similar. He seems to have a nice jumpshot. I think he will turn out to be a pretty good player.

longtime lurker
12-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Ebanks is a very smooth player and reminds me of Ariza. He even looks similar. He seems to have a nice jumpshot. I think he will turn out to be a pretty good player.

Interesting. At least Mike Brown is willing to tinker with the line up. If this was Phil I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke Walton starting and I'm dead serious. At least Ebanks and Mcroberts can bring some energy to the starting line up. But that means Troy Murphy is the back up center?

upside24
12-23-2011, 11:51 PM
This is a temporary lineup btw. Sorry not to specify that in my OP. Editing.

upside24
12-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Interesting. At least Mike Brown is willing to tinker with the line up. If this was Phil I wouldn't be surprised to see Luke Walton starting and I'm dead serious. At least Ebanks and Mcroberts can bring some energy to the starting line up. But that means Troy Murphy is the back up center?
I guess so. Thankfully Bynum had one of his games given back.

AMISTILLILL
12-23-2011, 11:54 PM
It's cool to see Brown have faith in Ebanks and give him a shot like this; seems like Phil was apprehensive about that sort of experiment. The kid will definitely benefit from getting tossed a bone like this every now and then.

I see the Ariza comparison for sure, although he seems a little more cocksure (dare I say reckless?) as a shooter, willing to take risks Ariza may not have been willing to.

PTstyle272
12-23-2011, 11:54 PM
If McRoberts is in your starting lineup, you have a problem

AirTupac
12-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Ebanks will be Ariza 2.0

Great potential.

longtime lurker
12-23-2011, 11:58 PM

Yeah it's called Bynum is suspended......

upside24
12-24-2011, 12:01 AM
It's cool to see Brown have faith in Ebanks and give him a shot like this; seems like Phil was apprehensive about that sort of experiment. The kid will definitely benefit from getting tossed a bone like this every now and then.

I see the Ariza comparison for sure, although he seems a little more cocksure (dare I say reckless?) as a shooter, willing to take risks Ariza may not have been willing to.
Yeah I'm glad he gets a chance to show what he can do. MWP is definitely not starter material right now and Barnes isn't really much better imo.

jacobgoindum
12-24-2011, 01:40 AM
McBobby has good energy :pimp:

knickballer
12-24-2011, 02:46 AM

I think the bigger problem is Derrick Fisher starting at the point. He's a liability out there..

StacksOnDeck
12-24-2011, 03:08 AM
I think the bigger problem is Derrick Fisher starting at the point. He's a liability out there..

Derek

Derek

Derek

d.bball.guy
12-24-2011, 03:33 AM
I also have faith in Ebanks becoming Ariza 2.0, looks and playing style lol. I think Morris is a steal, I saw some mock drafts with him being a late 1st rounder/early 2nd round.

It would be better if Odom reacted about the botched trade like Gasol. :facepalm I'm still butthurt lol

InspiredLebowski
12-24-2011, 04:34 AM
If McRoberts is in your starting lineup, you have a problemsince when is being awesome a problem

talkingconch
12-24-2011, 04:37 AM
Mike brown :applause:

knightfall88
12-24-2011, 04:42 AM
nice. artest is trash

AirTupac
12-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Kobe rated Ebanks' offensive skill set as better than Ariza's.

:applause:

Cali Syndicate
12-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Starting Ebanks might be good for them...they lost youth and athleticism after losing Ariza. Kid has looked pretty good during the preseason.

McRoberts is obviously for the time being but he's a good pickup since they gave away Odom and all.

catquickspider
12-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Only problem I see is fisher. Would be nice if Blake grew some balls :facepalm

MooseJuiceBowen
12-24-2011, 04:59 AM
without a trade lakers are in trouble. bynum better be beastin after game 4

Fiasco
12-24-2011, 05:04 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/dleague/ebanks_300_101227.jpg

http://www.inkedcelebrity.com/trevorariza8.jpg

I called Ebanks the Trevor Ariza 2.0 in the preseason thread as a joke, but now this is just really ****ing creepy.

AirTupac
12-24-2011, 05:09 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/dleague/ebanks_300_101227.jpg

http://www.inkedcelebrity.com/trevorariza8.jpg

I called Ebanks the Trevor Ariza 2.0 in the preseason thread as a joke, but now this is just really ****ing creepy.

I remember I've always said he looked like Ariza. After watching the pre season. Ariza 2.0 came to my head as well. :oldlol:

But yeah, his offensive game looks smooth and he doesn't force anything... well at least not yet. The good thing with Brown as head coach, he'll actually play the young guys. :oldlol:

senelcoolidge
12-24-2011, 05:31 AM
The lakers are becoming a D league team. They sure have a bright future.

LakersReign
12-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Well, at least Brown is trying something, let's see how it works. Barnes and Metta played so well back in '09, now it's like wtf?! Sad to say this but, it looks like Metta is taking the Mike Tyson route now. Where his aggressiveness was his"x-factor." He's publicly said he's in therapy, and maybe that has changed his game. Not sure if he's on meds, but it could explain the drastic change.

magnax1
12-24-2011, 05:52 AM
I like Ebanks, but it seems almost like Artest has turned into a scrub. Didn't play great defense and wasn't effective unless he was in a mismatch on offense.

Rooster
12-24-2011, 05:52 AM

He is still raw but he might play better without the ball than Ariza.

trig
12-24-2011, 05:54 AM
why the hate on Fish. His airballs and brick layups will be perfect lobs to McBob and Ebanks. Lob city!

Rooster
12-24-2011, 05:54 AM
I like Ebanks, but it seems almost like Artest has turned into a scrub. Didn't play great defense and wasn't effective unless he was in a mismatch on offense.

Artest appears out of shape. He looks slow and sluggish. Hopefully Ebanks can pick up some slack.

ClutchBucketz
12-24-2011, 07:38 AM
why the hate on Fish. His airballs and brick layups will be perfect lobs to McBob and Ebanks. Lob city!

BOB CITY!

Bosnian Sajo
12-24-2011, 08:15 AM
SO happy to hear this, I thought this was just wishful thinking from us Laker fans but honestly this is the best thing to happen to us all offseason other than the McRob signing, Artest being benched :lol

Ebanks is gonna thrive from open shots cause of how Kobe and Gasol get attention from other players, especially when Bynum comes back...oh how I wish he would of never gotten that suspension :facepalm. Really excited about this season though, cause Kobe is playing to prove something, a motivated Kobe + a Bynum and Gasol on full power? Lamar who...

JellyBean
12-24-2011, 09:36 AM
I saw the starting lineups on ESPN last night. You know it is bad when Mcbob beats out Troy Murphy. But I like the Ebanks start. The guy has huge upside. This gives him the chance to showcase his skills. I can't wait until Christmans.

C'mon Lakers!!!

d.bball.guy
12-24-2011, 01:35 PM
I saw the starting lineups on ESPN last night. You know it is bad when Mcbob beats out Troy Murphy. But I like the Ebanks start. The guy has huge upside. This gives him the chance to showcase his skills. I can't wait until Christmans.

C'mon Lakers!!!
lol Murphy sucks, which is sad considering he used to be a double-double guy. Nets fans in this board said Murphy sucks, same goes for Celtics.

DuMa
12-24-2011, 01:40 PM
its sad that MWP is now the 3rd string SF now? times have fallen hard for World Peace

LA_Showtime
12-24-2011, 06:27 PM
its sad that MWP is now the 3rd string SF now? times have fallen hard for World Peace

No, for some reason Artest is firmly entrenched as the first guy off the bench.

IGOTGAME
12-24-2011, 06:29 PM
No, for some reason Artest is firmly entrenched as the first guy off the bench.

probably because if Artest every got in shape and starting taking basketball seriously again he could be a potent scoring and playmaking threat off the bench. Doubt it will happen though. He would have to lose weight and start putting in extra shots.

alanLA92
12-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Rather have a change in PG as well but like the move with Ebanks. :applause:

The Iron Fist
12-24-2011, 06:42 PM
The lakers are becoming a D league team. They sure have a bright future.
So Kobe is leading one of the worst casts of all time right?

swi7ch
12-24-2011, 06:45 PM
la needs to get rid of either barnes or artest or both

SpecialQue
12-24-2011, 07:49 PM
BOB CITY!

Thanks for giving me a sign idea for when I go to one of their games.

AllenIverson3
12-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Ebanks should def start this season..he'll get a lot better. Don't know about McBob

alanLA92
12-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Ebanks should def start this season..he'll get a lot better. Don't know about McBob

With Bynum out for 5 games due to suspension and Murphy as the only other choice, might as well go with McBob.

MochaUdoka
12-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Kobe rated Ebanks' offensive skill set as better than Ariza's.

:applause:

Really? That's awesome!

Ebanks' potential was obvious at WVU. He's got a multifaceted offensive game, and while I remember his jumper to be a bit shaky, he's not afraid to shoot. Not to mention his natural size and athletic ability.

I'm glad he's getting a chance to play. Hopefully he makes the most of it and shows the coach that he belongs on the court.

AirTupac
12-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Really? That's awesome!

Ebanks' potential was obvious at WVU. He's got a multifaceted offensive game, and while I remember his jumper to be a bit shaky, he's not afraid to shoot. Not to mention his natural size and athletic ability.

I'm glad he's getting a chance to play. Hopefully he makes the most of it and shows the coach that he belongs on the court.

I really liked how smooth he looked as soon as he got playing time in the preseason. Never forced any shot, made smart decisions and played good defence. With that being said, it was only the preseason so hopefully he continues this at the beginning of the season and throughout it. http://lakernation.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rock.gif

Scholar
12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm interested in seeing Ebanks prove he deserves to keep the starting spot. Hopefully this young dude blossoms into a pretty decent starting player.

LA_Showtime
12-24-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't know if that says more about Ebanks or the rest of our small forwards.

upside24
12-24-2011, 11:06 PM
I don't know if that says more about Ebanks or the rest of our small forwards.
Unfortunately I think it's the latter. I like Ebanks but I think the poor play of MWP and Barnes is the reason behind this. Ebanks is better than them though imo from what I have seen.

MontaEllis24
12-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Mc Roberts imo is a good player hes a good support player passes pretty well good energy off the bench or as a starter although he kinda reminds me of madsen. Darius Morris is underated mike brown should take a chance with this guy hes gonna be good if he get playing time.