PDA

View Full Version : Are Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili hall of famers?

SacJB Shady
12-24-2011, 01:24 AM
They have won 3 championships. Do you think they are hall of fame material? Parker has been one of the most accurate finishers in the game.

cuad
12-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Manu Ginobili, yes.

Deuce Bigalow
12-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Manu - Yes
Parker - eh, maybe

greymatter
12-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Not really impressed by either of their careers. Had they both played in the 80s or 90s, neither would have ever come close to sniffing an all-star team and would at best be slightly above average starters.

AngelEyes
12-24-2011, 01:40 AM
I think Manu at this point and time is the better hall candidate. In my opinion he made a slightly bigger impact on the Spur dynasty and I find him to be the superior player. Parker does have a surplus of accomplishments and made his imprint on three championship teams but I still think he needs to accomplish a bit more.

Wonder Bread Kid
12-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Not really impressed by either of their careers. Had they both played in the 80s or 90s, neither would have ever come close to sniffing an all-star team and would at best be slightly above average starters.

You're a gigantic moron.

Manu has three NBA titles, an Olympic gold medal and countless euro awards.

He's a first ballet HOFer.

Tony, well, you could argue whether or not he'd get it.

I.R.Beast
12-24-2011, 01:56 AM
Parker - yes
Manu - no

Tony Parker is vastly underrated around here.... 3 rings..a finals MVP an efficient scorer underrated passer, always one of the better PGs....definately hall of fame material.

greymatter
12-24-2011, 02:00 AM
You're a gigantic moron.

Manu has three NBA titles, an Olympic gold medal and countless euro awards.

Tony, well, you could argue whether or not he'd get it.

And you're a little douche.

Duncan was obviously the best player on those title teams. Robert Horry has 7 titles. Christian Laettner has an Olympic gold medal too and Anthony Parker was Euroleague MVP. Big fcuking deal.

Edit: Ah no wonder, a SA homertard.

Haymaker
12-24-2011, 02:16 AM
Lesser players are in the HOF, so Tony parker getting voted in would not be a travesty.

greymatter
12-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Parker - yes
Manu - no

Tony Parker is vastly underrated around here.... 3 rings..a finals MVP an efficient scorer underrated passer, always one of the better PGs....definately hall of fame material.

Mediocre PG skills, efficient scorer with peak scoring seasons of 18.6, 18.8, 18.9, 22.0, slightly below average to mediocre defender. Nothing really outstanding there.

Nick Young
12-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Manu aka third best SG of all time and the clutchest player of his generation, yes. Tony Parker, no.

I.R.Beast
12-24-2011, 02:24 AM
Mediocre PG skills, efficient scorer with peak scoring seasons of 18.6, 18.8, 18.9, 22.0, slightly below average to mediocre defender. Nothing really outstanding there.
parker is not a medicore defender...he's better than that. You dont play for Poppavich being a medicore defender. His PG skill are definately above medicore as well. The spurs offense is not predicated on Ball dominant PG play...you clearly know nothing of tony parker.

kumquat
12-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Manu should be for sure.

Manu is a guy who's stats don't reflect how much impact he has.

greymatter
12-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Manu aka third best SG of all time and the clutchest player of his generation, yes. Tony Parker, no.

Better than DWade, Jerry West, Clyde Drexler, Joe Dumars, Ray Allen? You'd have to be born yesterday or a retard to believe that. Oh wait.

Haymaker
12-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Better than DWade, Jerry West, Clyde Drexler, Joe Dumars, Ray Allen? You'd have to be born yesterday or a retard to believe that. Oh wait.

Manu is very very good. I would say on par with Dumars and Ray Allen. Not waaaayy behind DWade, but of course Clyde and West are above him. Clearly not the 3rd best SG.

greymatter
12-24-2011, 02:43 AM
parker is not a medicore defender...he's better than that. You dont play for Poppavich being a medicore defender. His PG skill are definately above medicore as well. The spurs offense is not predicated on Ball dominant PG play...you clearly know nothing of tony parker.

Parker is mediocre at everything except for scoring. His career assist/turnover ratio is very pedestrian. Just look at last season. The Spurs adopted a run-n-gun style because their old defensive grinding style was no longer suited to their skillset anymore since Duncan lost lost a few steps and Bowen retired.

You were clearly born yesterday if you think TP is HOF material.

I.R.Beast
12-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Parker is mediocre at everything except for scoring. His career assist/turnover ratio is very pedestrian. Just look at last season. The Spurs adopted a run-n-gun style because their old defensive grinding style was no longer suited to their skillset anymore since Duncan lost lost a few steps and Bowen retired.

You were clearly born yesterday if you think TP is HOF material.

he played a very important role on championship teams 1 of which won FMVP..he's not first ballot but definately deserves to make it there. ....He should not be penalized because he played for a team that was predicated on ball movement as opposed to the PG setting up every play...hisgh assists totals are overrated and suggest poor ball movement and ball domination which is not good.

Euroleague
12-24-2011, 04:45 AM
Manu = yes

Parker = no

MooseJuiceBowen
12-24-2011, 04:53 AM

yah your pretty f ucking STUPID but considering this is ISH I dont hold it against you. both of these players are capable of carrying a team IN ANY ERA. go f uck yourself

ginobili and parker will both be HOF. ginobili first obviously

you forget parker is frances best player of all time. this is the basketball hall of fame.

If this idiot would care to watch any of the games that duncan or ginobili gets injured in he would see parker scoring 30+ a game but since he doesnt watch the nba ill just sum it up to pops offensive system. certain players get a certain amount of shots. this is not a iso superstar team like im sure this piece of SHIT is accustomed to

Timmy D for MVP
12-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Manu is in for sure simply based on his international career. Throw in 3 NBA championships as a major key player and his ability I think voters will put him in.

Parker still has a bit left to do. But if he puts up solid enough numbers, and has some good totals when it's said and done then he'll be in, plus a Finals MVP.

TaLvsCuaL
12-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Manu for sure.

Cali Syndicate
12-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Possibly...but I doubt it.

LakersReign
12-24-2011, 05:27 AM
Don't really care about either one. Parker is severely overrated, since he could only score on dribble penetration like Rondo. He only now started getting a decent jumpshot to get his points. And Ginobli plays like he's on crack. Half the time the dude hits the floor like a crash test dummy. Which is beginning to catch up with him now. Parker will probably get in for sure. Ginobli maybe on a 3rd ballot of something.

magnax1
12-24-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I feel like if you switch out the teams Ray Allen and Ginobili played for, everyone would think Ginobili is better. So I do think Ginobili deserves a HOF spot, but I'm not sure if he gets it.

I.R.Beast
12-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Don't really care about either one. Parker is severely overrated, since he could only score on dribble penetration like Rondo. He only now started getting a decent jumpshot to get his points. And Ginobli plays like he's on crack. Half the time the dude hits the floor like a crash test dummy. Which is beginning to catch up with him now. Parker will probably get in for sure. Ginobli maybe on a 3rd ballot of something.
parker has had himself a decent jump for atleast 4 seasons now...Wow it really surprises me how little people know about tony parker....

nayte
12-24-2011, 05:36 AM
They will both end up being HOF...
Manu first i'm guessing but eventually Parker

LakersReign
12-24-2011, 05:37 AM
parker has had himself a decent jump for atleast 4 seasons now...Wow it really surprises me how little people know about tony parker....

That's cuz he's overrated and nobody cares to follow him. he's been a nonfactor in the last 2 playoff runs for the Spurs so that should tell you something.

Joshumitsu
12-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Ginobli, in my opinion, is almost as good, if not just as good, as Brandon Roy, who was also very underrated. Both were deceptive scorers and athletes, extremely clutch, and had killer instincts.

But because he plays in San Antonio, he gets overlooked as simply a good six man type of player when he really could be averaging, in his peak, 25+/5/5 as the main option.

Tony Parker, on the other hand, needs to play 10 more years and make the all-star game in half. He's a point guard so he has longevity. But I don't know if his game is good enough or if he has the will to be better. He's already won his rings and Duncan is not getting any younger, so he's sort of stagnated.

Smoke117
12-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Manu yes because of his combined NBA and international career.

Parker, no.

kumquat
12-24-2011, 06:03 AM

Beginning to catch up to him....yeh that happens when you're about to hit 35 douche bag.

LakersReign
12-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Beginning to catch up to him....yeh that happens when you're about to hit 35 douche bag.

(yawn):rolleyes:

BlackWhiteGreen
12-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Manu is in definitely... Parker, probably not. I don't see him winning any more titles, and then what has he done? Won 3 titles with 2 Hall of Famers and won one FMVP in the most one sided Finals series ever. Does not deserve it (although there are certainly some players in there who probably don't either).

MochaUdoka
12-24-2011, 11:07 AM
It would be a travesty if Manu didn't get in the HOF. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise with his accomplishments.

NJW1247
12-24-2011, 11:10 AM
It would be a travesty if Manu didn't get in the HOF. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise with his accomplishments.

Besides getting carried by Tim Duncan to 3 championships, what accomplishments? :oldlol:

MochaUdoka
12-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Besides getting carried by Tim Duncan to 3 championships, what accomplishments? :oldlol:

Someone already mentioned it earlier in the thread : It's the basketball HOF, not the NBA hall of fame.

http://hoopsafrique.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ManuGold.jpg

Locked_Up_Tonight
12-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Parker will be a HOF. If he retired today, it would be close. But he won't. He has at least 3 years left in him. He will be 30 years old by the end of the year. Right now he has 2 rings, 1 FMVP, 3 all star appearances and nearly 13k points and 4k assists.

FourthTenor
12-24-2011, 12:16 PM
If Parker is in because the Spurs won titles, Bowen should be in as well.

niko
12-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Manu YES. All basketball is taken into account, including international competitions. So yes, definitely.

Tony Parker absolutely not. NOt even in the discussion.

niko
12-24-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't get the "Parker, maybe." NO. He's nowhere near a hall of famer. He's getting ridiculously overrated.

TMT
12-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I think Parker's three rings and Finals MVP gets him in regardless. Can't say that all Manu's Olympic and Euroleague accomplishments alone will get him in, but at the end of the day he's one of those guys whose play dictates more than his NBA accomplishments. 3 rings, a SMOY, and a huge impact on those championship teams might just be enough to get him in. Prime Ginobili was an incredible thing to watch.

$LakerGold
12-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Jerry West a shooting guard? :roll:

TMT
12-24-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't get the "Parker, maybe." NO. He's nowhere near a hall of famer. He's getting ridiculously overrated.

Overrated isn't the word to use in this situation. But accomplishments and awards aren't forgotten, and there aren't too many PGs in the league right now with a Finals MVP in their trophy case. I believe it's just him and Chauncey right now.

niko
12-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Overrated isn't the word to use in this situation. But accomplishments and awards aren't forgotten, and there aren't too many PGs in the league right now with a Finals MVP in their trophy case. I believe it's just him and Chauncey right now.
Duncan was the MVP of that series. Parker was the highest scorer and the little white sportswriters like little men. Anyone who looked at that series and thought Parker was the most important person on the floor for the Spurs only saw what they wanted. If Parker burst into flames prior to Game 1, SPurs win that series. If Duncan went down, do Spurs win more than 1 game? Duncan was getting swamped, and Parker abused Boobie.

Parker is not a HOF level talent. He's never been dominant, never been one of the best at his position. His victories come with two players on his own team more important than him. He also doesn't have the (ridiculous) international resume of Gino.

I hate these discussions, because in two seconds im going to be callled a hater and i'm not, i'm not saying Parker isn't great. HOF is for the best of the best, and that does not in any way describe Tony Parker. Not remotely.

tpols
12-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Parker is not a HOF level talent. He's never been dominant, never been one of the best at his position. His victories come with two players on his own team more important than him. He also doesn't have the (ridiculous) international resume of Gino.
Yea I dont think Parker is HOF worthy but he was a top PG in the league in the mid 2000s. 07 Parker was second to who? Steve Nash? Him and Kidd were a wash at that point. He was the most dominant penetrating PG and one of the most elusive and creative finishers I've ever seen.

bballnoob1192
12-24-2011, 01:31 PM
i think the question is a little misleading because manu ginoblie is a HoF and Tony parker is not, but both of them will get into the HoF if you know what i mean. there are shittier players with lesser resumes than TP that are in the HoF he might not be first ballot, but he will prolly get in 3 titles and FMVP no matter how fluke will get you in. so i agree with people who say he isnt HoF material, but at the end of the day he's prolly still gonna get in

bizil
12-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Manu is a lock to get in the HOF. His international impact combined with his NBA career guarantees it. Was one of the more skilled SG's of his era. And is one of the top sixth men of all time. Parker is no lock but he's still got lots of career left in him. My only problem with Parker is I wise he learned the art of running a team like a true floor general. But his scoring ability can't be denied and at his best is a true All Star type player.

MooseJuiceBowen
12-24-2011, 04:31 PM

god damn some people on ish are just simply f ucking RETARDED. ginobili will get in before parker because of his overseas accomplishments. do your homework you f ucking idiot. not only that but tony has had a jump shot since 2007. he didnt just DEVELOPE IT THIS YEAR. god damn ****ing i sh I SWEAR :facepalm

MooseJuiceBowen
12-24-2011, 04:34 PM

my god :facepalm

MooseJuiceBowen
12-24-2011, 04:35 PM
If Parker is in because the Spurs won titles, Bowen should be in as well.

bowen didnt get a finals mvp and bowen wasnt the teams argueable 2nd or 3rd option in every run. you kids are just down right retarded. short bus status

TMT
12-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Duncan was the MVP of that series. Parker was the highest scorer and the little white sportswriters like little men. Anyone who looked at that series and thought Parker was the most important person on the floor for the Spurs only saw what they wanted. If Parker burst into flames prior to Game 1, SPurs win that series. If Duncan went down, do Spurs win more than 1 game? Duncan was getting swamped, and Parker abused Boobie.

I hate these discussions, because in two seconds im going to be callled a hater and i'm not, i'm not saying Parker isn't great. HOF is for the best of the best, and that does not in any way describe Tony Parker. Not remotely.

No one is arguing whether Parker deserved the Finals MVP in '07. He got it, bottom line, by being the most dominant offensive player in that series. Yes Duncan is the whole package of offense and defense but even I knew watching that series that Parker deserved it and I knew he would get it even when the people I was watching it with disagreed. That's just how the NBA works, but you can't go back and put an asterisk next to where it says Tony Parker: 2007 Finals MVP in the history books just because people don't necessarily agree.

So it doesn't really work that way. "He's not a HOF talent, he was never dominant, he was never a top talent at his position." Seriously? In '07 he was at the very least a top 4 point guard in the league. He led the team in scoring in the Finals while the rest of the team as a cohesive unit was able to shut down Lebron. I don't see why matchups like Daniel Gibson and Larry Hughes should be held against the guy. He did work in the Finals and put on a great display of dominance, mostly in the paint, where at the time Dwyane Wade and he were the best guards at scoring in the paint efficiently. If you don't believe that then you are just believing what you want to believe and I suggest maybe re-watching some old games. That Finals wasn't a fluke, and neither was Tony's winning of the MVP. Highest scorer on the winning team gets it every year (aside from Chauncey Billups in '04). Why should the case be any different here? If what you believe is true, why don't Ben Wallace or Kevin Garnett have Finals MVPs? Ah, that's right because there were players on those teams who scored more efficiently that led to those series wins. Tony outplayed Duncan and Ginobili offensively that year and he got what he deserved for it. Don't see what's so hard to accept about that. :confusedshrug:

I don't think your a hater. I actually think you have some good opinions in other threads. But as far as your consistency from team to team and year to year on ranking players through performances and accomplishments, you are a little bit shaky.

Now does this mean Tony gets in the HOF? That's for them to decide. But if you don't think a Finals MVP gets him to the brink of getting in then you have to be some type of crazy.

MooseJuiceBowen
12-24-2011, 05:07 PM
CAREER NOTES: The 2007 NBA Finals MVP … a three-time NBA All-Star … named the Gazzetta dello Sport European Player of the Year in 2008 … named the 2003 Champion of French Champions by the French newspaper L’Equipe (the first basketball player ever to receive the award) … on 10/30/01 vs. the L.A. Clippers became the youngest player ever to appear in a game with the Spurs making his NBA debut at 19 years and 166 days of age … the previous record was held by Mark Olberding who was 19 years and 219 days old when he made his Spurs debut on 11/26/75 at Virginia … among Spurs all-time leaders ranks fifth in games played (668), fourth in points (11,113), third in assists (3,772), fourth in FG made (4,410), seventh in 3FG made (320), sixth in FT made (1,973) and ninth in steals (635) … among Spurs all-time playoff leaders ranks second in points (2,473), first in assists (651), fourth in rebounds (418), third in steals (124) and second in games (132) … in his NBA career has appeared in 668 regular season games, averaging 16.6 points, 5.6 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 33.0 minutes … has seen action in 132 playoff games, averaging 18.7 points, 4.9 assists and 3.2 rebounds in 36.3 minutes in the postseason … among active NBA playoff career leaders ranks eighth in games played (132), seventh in points (2,473), fifth in assists (651) and ninth in minutes (4,796) … appeared in more playoff games before his 24th birthday than any player in NBA history (a total of 77 … Kobe Bryant is second on the list seeing action in 66 postseason games before his 24th birthday) … was a member of France’s Junior National Team in the European Junior Championships in both 1998 and 2000 … a member of the French National Team since 2001 … played for France in both the 2001 and 2003 European Championships … averaged 11.9 points and 2.9 assists in seven games as France finished third in the 2005 European Championship … in the bronze medal game had 25 points and 5 assists as France beat Spain to claim its first medal in the European Championships since 1959 … missed the 2006 World Championship after suffering a broken right index finger … in the 2007 European Championship averaged 20.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 30.9 minutes in nine games … ranked second in the tournament in scoring and eighth in assists … had a tournament-high 36 points to lead France to a 69-62 victory over Italy on 9/4 … played in the French minors in 1997–98 and 1998–99 before signing with Paris Saint Germain Racing in 1999 (the team changed its name to Paris Basket Racing prior to the 2000–01 season) … attended the National Institute for Sports and Physical Education (INSEP) in Paris … made a big splash at the 2000 Nike Hoop Summit in Indianapolis on 4/2/00 … had 20 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals in 30 minutes against top U.S. stars (including Darius Miles, Zach Randolph and Chris Duhon) … played for the Spurs in the 2001 Rocky Mountain Revue.

With his 55 points and 10 assists, Tony Parker joins some nice company. He is now one of only three players in NBA history to notch at least 55 points and dish out double figure assists. The other two? Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.

yah pretty sure thats hall of fame material ALREADY

we have frances GOAT and argentinas GOAT. suck it haters

shootingcomets
12-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Manu: Sure lock

Parker: look if Dumars got in who's to say parker dont have a chance?

Boston C's
12-25-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I feel like if you switch out the teams Ray Allen and Ginobili played for, everyone would think Ginobili is better. So I do think Ginobili deserves a HOF spot, but I'm not sure if he gets it.

I'm not sure if thats the case... ginobli only received less minutes because he had trouble staying healthy... ray ray was a very durable guy throughout his career and would in no way shape or form be coming off the bench for the spurs I'd see prime ray averaging around 22 ppg for the spurs in their championship runs consistently... basically your adding 2 more rings to rays resume which makes it far more impressive then it is now... Ginobli is very capable of putting up prime ray allen numbers as the number 1 option but we'll never know sadly hes extremely underrated and i really do wish he had a chance to have his own team... the only reason ginobli gets overlooked by a lot of ppl because he was never a batman in his career up til now... and even now as the most important player for the spurs itll still be seen as duncans team when in reality manu is the focal guy for them

LakersReign
12-25-2011, 03:18 AM
god damn some people on ish are just simply f ucking RETARDED. ginobili will get in before parker because of his overseas accomplishments. do your homework you f ucking idiot. not only that but tony has had a jump shot since 2007. he didnt just DEVELOPE IT THIS YEAR. god damn ****ing i sh I SWEAR :facepalm

Spurs haven't won a Finals since '07, and how many Finals since then have you Spurs fans said they were going to win?! How many of you were right?! If you're gonna TRY and sit there acting like you're never wrong about anything related to basketball, then the ONLY idiotic re**** here would be you:facepalm

rmt
12-25-2011, 07:47 AM

Agreed.

Parker does one thing extremely well and when you take away penetration, he's very ordinary. Phil Jackson used to clog the lane and MEM did it last year - makes him ineffective as he doesn't pass well. Manu is much more versatile and makes his teammates better. Even if he isn't playing well or the opponent focuses on him, he does other things for the team (passes, steals). TP to RJ makes me cringe (but to be fair, everything about RJ makes me cringe).

NBA + international will get Manu into HOF. Parker probably gets in too - a FMVP and 3 rings make a great resume, but he won't age as gracefully as Manu.

La Frescobaldi
12-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Jerry West a shooting guard? :roll:

Absolutely. They didn't even define point guard as a position until way after Logo retired. Nobody was stupid enough to limit players to a role in those days, and definitely not him.

Odinn
12-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Parker deserved his Finals MVP. Duncan was the best player in the Spurs that year. And led to the title.

Duncan played extremely worse in last 2 games of the finals. But If we exclude those 2 games; he averaged 23.2/11.4/3.3/3.2 on .543 fg% for 18 games in that playoffs.

Parker deserved his award. If there was a award such as Playoffs MVP, Duncan would have won it.

The_Yearning
12-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Manu = Yes
Parker = Not first ballot, but most likely if he keeps up his consistency a few more years.

If that one guy who average 14ppg and won MVP, why can't Parker at least get HOF?

La Frescobaldi
12-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Agreed.

Parker does one thing extremely well and when you take away penetration, he's very ordinary. Phil Jackson used to clog the lane and MEM did it last year - makes him ineffective as he doesn't pass well. Manu is much more versatile and makes his teammates better. Even if he isn't playing well or the opponent focuses on him, he does other things for the team (passes, steals). TP to RJ makes me cringe (but to be fair, everything about RJ makes me cringe).

NBA + international will get Manu into HOF. Parker probably gets in too - a FMVP and 3 rings make a great resume, but he won't age as gracefully as Manu.

Maybe. These guys will also be in the Hall based on their international accomplishments.

kumquat
12-25-2011, 08:23 AM
[quote=MooseJuiceBowen]CAREER NOTES: The 2007 NBA Finals MVP

blacknapalm
12-25-2011, 08:45 AM
manu for sure, parker no way. maybe if it was international, parker would get in. he did deserve his finals mvp but look at what took him there. a finals mvp is nice but he wasn't clutch early on in his career. far from it, he was still developing and duncan was the main cog in winning the championships. manu is the better defender and does more small things to affect the game. he's scrappier and can make the key plays. injury prone, but still a huge factor in his prime. take away parker's penetration and it hurts him big time. now that duncan is getting older, he also has trouble making the right read and entry pass into the post. i think that shows you his limitations. parker may have been underrated after the championship years but that doesn't make him a HOF'er.

Euroleague
12-25-2011, 06:16 PM
manu for sure, parker no way. maybe if it was international, parker would get in. he did deserve his finals mvp but look at what took him there. a finals mvp is nice but he wasn't clutch early on in his career. far from it, he was still developing and duncan was the main cog in winning the championships. manu is the better defender and does more small things to affect the game. he's scrappier and can make the key plays. injury prone, but still a huge factor in his prime. take away parker's penetration and it hurts him big time. now that duncan is getting older, he also has trouble making the right read and entry pass into the post. i think that shows you his limitations. parker may have been underrated after the championship years but that doesn't make him a HOF'er.

What the hell has Tony Parker done in international basketball that is HOF worthy?

Euroleague
12-25-2011, 06:18 PM
I think Parker's three rings and Finals MVP gets him in regardless. Can't say that all Manu's Olympic and Euroleague accomplishments alone will get him in, but at the end of the day he's one of those guys whose play dictates more than his NBA accomplishments. 3 rings, a SMOY, and a huge impact on those championship teams might just be enough to get him in. Prime Ginobili was an incredible thing to watch.

People here are greatly exaggerating what Manu did in the Euroleague.